Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pdgfra
Description: platelet derived growth factor receptor alpha
Alias: APDGFR, PDGFACE, platelet-derived growth factor receptor alpha, CD140 antigen-like family member A, PDGF-R-alpha, PDGFR-alpha, alpha platelet-derived growth factor receptor, alpha-type platelet-derived growth factor receptor, platelet derived growth factor receptor, alpha polypeptide, platelet-derived growth factor alpha receptor
- Conservation in sequence and affinity of human and rodent PDGF ligands and receptorsB Herren
Pharma Division, Preclinical Research, F Hoffmann La Roche, Basel, Switzerland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1173:294-302. 1993..Dissociation constants were identical to those of their human homologs. Thus, high affinity binding of human PDGF-BB to extracellular domains does not depend on species origin but only on receptor type...
- IL-13 and IL-1beta promote lung fibroblast growth through coordinated up-regulation of PDGF-AA and PDGF-RalphaJennifer L Ingram
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
FASEB J 18:1132-4. 2004..Our findings indicate that IL-13 acts in synergy with IL-1beta to stimulate growth by coordinately up-regulating PDGF-AA and the PDGF-Ralpha, respectively...
- Constitutive diffuse activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase at the plasma membrane by v-Src suppresses the chemotactic response to PDGF by abrogating the polarity of PDGF receptor signallingAnna Platek
Universite Catholique de Louvain, Christian de Duve Institute of Cellular Pathology, CELL Unit, UCL 75 41, Avenue Hippocrate, 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Exp Cell Res 313:1090-105. 2007..Thus, PDGF can further increase PDGFR auto-phosphorylation despite strong Src kinase activity, but diffuse downstream activation of PI3-K by Src abrogates cell polarization and chemotaxis: "signalling requires silence"...
- A tyrosine kinase created by fusion of the PDGFRA and FIP1L1 genes as a therapeutic target of imatinib in idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndromeJan Cools
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
N Engl J Med 348:1201-14. 2003..Recent reports of responses to imatinib in patients with the syndrome suggested that an activated kinase such as ABL, platelet-derived growth factor receptor (PDGFR), or KIT, all of which are inhibited by imatinib, might be the cause...
- The EOL-1 cell line as an in vitro model for the study of FIP1L1-PDGFRA-positive chronic eosinophilic leukemiaJan Cools
Division of Hematology and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 103:2802-5. 2004..To investigate the role of FIP1L1-PDGFRA in the pathogenesis of acute leukemia, we screened 87 leukemia cell lines for the presence of FIP1L1-PDGFRA...
- Response to imatinib mesylate in patients with hypereosinophilic syndromeMaryam Arefi
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid, Valladolid, Spain
Int J Hematol 96:320-6. 2012..The cause of HES is unknown and shows clinical heterogeneity. FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion is a clonal marker for the diagnosis and treatment of HES...
- Effects of hypertension and aging on platelet-derived growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor receptor expression in rat aorta and heartR Sarzani
Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, MA 02118
Hypertension 18:III93-9. 1991..The findings also provide further support for the concept that hypertension accelerates the arterial changes associated with aging...
- A high-potassium diet reduces infarct size and improves vascular structure in hypertensive ratsAnne M Dorrance
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, GA 30912 3000, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R415-22. 2007..These results suggest that potassium supplementation provides neuroprotection in a model of ischemic stroke independent of blood pressure and possibly through changes in vascular structure...
- Identification of formaldehyde-responsive genes by suppression subtractive hybridizationMin Ho Lee
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Toxicology 243:224-35. 2008..Further, the expression of calcyclin, glutathione S-transferase pi, PDGFRA and MDM2 were significantly induced in the tracheal epithelium of Sprague Dawley rats after formaldehyde ..
- Expression of angiogenic factors in craniopharyngiomas: implications for tumor recurrenceHalil Ibrahim Sun
Marmara University, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Molecular Neurosurgery Laboratory, Istanbul, Turkey
Neurosurgery 66:744-50; discussion 750. 2010..The primary treatment for craniopharyngiomas is total excision, but recurrence is common. However, current knowledge on the mechanisms of recurrence is limited...
- Novel imatinib-sensitive PDGFRA-activating point mutations in hypereosinophilic syndrome induce growth factor independence and leukemia-like diseaseChristian Elling
Department of Medicine A, Hematology, Oncology, and Pneumology, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
Blood 117:2935-43. 2011The FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion is seen in a fraction of cases with a presumptive diagnosis of hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES)...
- Nilotinib and imatinib are comparably effective in reducing growth of human eosinophil leukemia cells in a newly established xenograft modelDaniel Wicklein
Institute of Anatomy and Experimental Morphology, University Cancer Center, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e30567. 2012..The FIP1L1/PDGFRA+ human CEL cell lineEOL-1 was injected intravenously into scid mice, and MR imaging and FACS analysis of mouse ..
- Cyclin-dependent kinase 7/9 inhibitor SNS-032 abrogates FIP1-like-1 platelet-derived growth factor receptor α and bcr-abl oncogene addiction in malignant hematologic cellsYongbin Wu
Department of Pathophysiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Road II, Guangzhou 510089, PR China
Clin Cancer Res 18:1966-78. 2012....
- Autoantigen-pulsed dendritic cells constitute a beneficial cytokine and growth factor network in ameliorating experimental allergic encephalomyelitisXuan Liu
Division of Neuroimmunology, Neurotec Department, Karolinska Institute, 14183 Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Mult Scler 11:381-9. 2005..In line with the suppression of EAE induced by MBP-pulsed DC, the dynamic change of cytokines and growth factors in spinal cords should constitute a beneficial microenvironment against EAE...
- [Characteristics of cytogenetics and molecular biology in patients with eosinophilia]Shi Qiang Qu
Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 20:1216-20. 2012..Bone marrow samples from 79 cases of eosinophilia (AEoC ≥ 1.5×10(9)/L) were detected for PDGFRA/B and FGFR1 gene rearrangement by fluorescence in situ hybridization and reverse transcription polymerase chain ..
- Phenotype and steroidogenic potential of PDGFRα-positive rat neonatal peritubular cellsLuise Landreh
Department of Women s and Children s Health, Pediatric Endocrinology Unit, Karolinska Institutet and University Hospital, Solna, Sweden
Mol Cell Endocrinol 372:96-104. 2013..All together, our findings support the hypothesis that neonatal PDGFRα-positive PTCs are steroidogenic competent progeny of stem Leydig cells (SLCs) which give rise to the adult Leydig cell lineage...
- Nilotinib-mediated mucosal healing in a rat model of colitisPinar Ataca
Pinar Ataca, Department of Internal Medicine, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir 35340, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 19:6237-44. 2013..To investigate the effects of nilotinib in a rat model of trinitrobenzene sulfonic acid (TNBS)-induced colitis...
- Regulation of chondrocyte proliferation through GIT1-Rac1-mediated ERK1/2 pathway by PDGFJin Xiao
Department of Orthopedics, Liuhuaqiao Hospital, Guangzhou, 510010, People s Republic of China
Cell Biol Int 38:695-701. 2014..The results suggest that PDGF regulates chondrocyte proliferation through activation of ERK1/2 pathway by upregulation of GIT1 expression and Rac1 phosphorylation. ..
- Role of PDGFs/PDGFRs signaling pathway in myocardial fibrosis of DOCA/salt hypertensive ratsBin Fan
Department of Cardiology, Affiliated Provincial Hospital, Anhui Medical University Hefei, Anhui, 230001, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:16-27. 2014....
- Hes1 upregulation contributes to the development of FIP1L1-PDGRA-positive leukemia in blast crisisTomoyuki Uchida
Division of Cellular Therapy, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Hematol 42:369-379.e3. 2014..Thus, we have established mouse models of FIP1L1-PDGFRA-positive leukemia in myeloid blast crisis, which will help elucidate the pathogenesis of the disease and develop a ..
- Endothelin-1 activates extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 via transactivation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor in rat L6 myoblastsTakuya Harada
Department of Cellular Pharmacology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido 060 8638, Japan
Life Sci 104:24-31. 2014..The purpose of this study was to determine the signal transduction pathway involved in ET-1-stimulated ERK1/2 phosphorylation in L6 myoblasts derived from rat skeletal muscle...
- Alterations in platelet-derived growth factor expression in the pathophysiology of necrotizing enterocolitisJessica A Shepherd
Hiram C Polk, Jr, MD Department of Surgery, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky Electronic address
J Surg Res 198:377-83. 2015..Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) is a mediator of normal angiogenesis in intestinal epithelium. We hypothesized that gene dysregulation during experimental NEC results in altered PDGF expression...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) receptor affects follicular development and ovarian proliferation, apoptosis and angiogenesis in prepubertal eCG-treated ratsNatalia Pascuali
Instituto de Biología y Medicina Experimental IBYME, CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Cell Endocrinol 412:148-58. 2015..In conclusion, these data clearly indicate that the PDGF system is necessary for follicular development induced by gonadotropins...
- Interleukin 1 beta (IL-1 beta) and the IL-1 beta-alpha 2-macroglobulin complex upregulate the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor on rat pulmonary fibroblastsP M Lindroos
Laboratory of Pulmonary Pathobiology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 13:455-65. 1995..These results indicate that the fibroblast response to PDGF isoforms is modulated by a complex interaction involving IL-1 beta, alpha 2M, and thioredoxin, all of which are produced in vivo by activated macrophages...
- Expression of the PDGF alpha-receptor 1.5 kb transcript, OCT-4, and c-KIT in human normal and malignant tissues. Implications for the early diagnosis of testicular germ cell tumours and for our understanding of regulatory mechanismsCamilla Palumbo
Department of Cell Biology, University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1, 6525 ED Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Pathol 196:467-77. 2002..Although this may hamper the use of this transcript as a marker for malignancies in general, it does not appear to interfere with assays for the early detection of TGCTs...
- The effect of acute rejection and cyclosporin A-treatment on induction of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors during the development of chronic rat renal allograft rejectionJohanna Savikko
Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, P O Box 21 Haartmaninkatu 3, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Transplantation 73:506-11. 2002..We have investigated the impact of AR and different doses of CsA on the expression of PDGF ligands and receptors in the development of CR...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor actions in the embryonic testis influences normal cord development and morphologyMehmet Uzumcu
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 4231, USA
Biol Reprod 66:745-53. 2002..Inhibition of PDGF actions does not inhibit cord formation but does alter normal cord development and morphology. The observations provide insight into the factors involved in male sex differentiation and embryonic testis development...
- Co-localization of NG2 proteoglycan and PDGF alpha-receptor on O2A progenitor cells in the developing rat brainA Nishiyama
La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California, USA
J Neurosci Res 43:299-314. 1996..The functional consequences of co-localization and subsequent dissociation of NG2 and PDGF alpha-receptor on maturing O2A progenitors are investigated in the accompanying paper (Nishiyama et al.: J Neurosci Res 43:315-330, 1996)...
- Different roles for PDGF-alpha and -beta receptors in embryonic lung developmentP Souza
Department of Pediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 15:551-62. 1996..These data suggest that PDGF-BB stimulation of both receptors leads to lung growth, whereas PDGF-AA stimulation of the alpha-receptor induces transduction pathways that lead lung branching...
- Stimulated activation of platelet-derived growth factor receptor in vivo in balloon-injured arteries: a link between angiotensin II and intimal thickeningJ Abe
Department of Cardiovascular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 96:1906-13. 1997..We investigated in vivo activities of growth factors by determining the extent of tyrosine phosphorylation of growth factor receptors and substrate proteins in injured artery...
- Induction of PDGF receptor-alpha in rat myofibroblasts during pulmonary fibrogenesis in vivoJ C Bonner
Laboratory of Pulmonary Pathobiology, Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Am J Physiol 274:L72-80. 1998..These data suggest that interleukin-1 beta-mediated induction of PDGF-R alpha in vivo is important to lung myofibroblast hyperplasia during fibrogenesis...
- Temporal changes in gene expression following cryogenic rat brain injuryJ L Cook
Ochsner Medical Foundation, Division of Research, New Orleans, LA, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 55:9-19. 1998..In the present model, many genes demonstrate elevated RNA levels in the cortex prior to hippocampus, following injury. RNAs transcribed from late genes tend to be elevated concurrently in cortex and hippocampus...
- PDGF- and insulin/IGF-1-specific distinct modes of class IA PI 3-kinase activation in normal rat retinas and RGC-5 retinal ganglion cellsSwarajit K Biswas
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3687-98. 2008..To compare PDGF- and insulin/IGF-1-induced class I(A) PI 3-kinase/Akt survival signaling in normal retinas and retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- [Effect of Ang II on PDGF receptor expression in vascular smooth muscle cell]Yin Ping Sun
Department of Pathophysiology, Xinxiang Medical College, Xinxiang 453003, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 21:166-9. 2005..To study the effect of angiotensin II (Ang II) on platelet-derived growth factor(PDGF) receptor expression in vascular smooth muscle cell(VSMC)...
- β2-Adrenergic receptor-induced transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptor and platelet-derived growth factor receptor via Src kinase promotes rat cardiomyocyte survivalHao Chen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Shanghai Childrens Medical Center, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, Peoples Republic of China
Cell Biol Int 36:237-44. 2012..The results show that β2-AR transactivates PDGFR and EGFR, thereby promoting survival of cardiomyocytes...
- Effect of platelet-derived growth factor isoforms in rat metanephric mesenchymal cellsJill M Ricono
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 282:F211-9. 2002..Collectively, the data may have implications related to the failure of PDGF AA to rescue mesangial cell phenotype in PDGF B-chain or PDGF-beta-receptor deficiency...
- Platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and PDGF receptor expression and function in folliculostellate pituitary cellsM Kowarik
Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Neuroendocrinology Group, D 80804Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 118:113-20. 2010..Thus the PDGF/PDGF receptor system is expressed in folliculostellate cells and is involved in VEGF regulation. Its role in endocrine pituitary tumour cell lines and pituitary adenomas need to be clarified in future studies...
- Role of growth factor receptor transactivation in high glucose-induced increased levels of Gq/11alpha and signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsMagda Descorbeth
Department of Physiology, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:221-33. 2010....
- Activation of MAP kinases, Akt and PDGF receptors in injured peripheral nervesTakashi Yamazaki
Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences for Research, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
J Peripher Nerv Syst 14:165-76. 2009..Furthermore, the immunohistological studies suggested a role of ERK and PDGFR-alpha in axon regeneration as well...
- Bacterial lipopolysaccharide enhances PDGF signaling and pulmonary fibrosis in rats exposed to carbon nanotubesMark F Cesta
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, 27695 7633, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 43:142-51. 2010..Our findings also suggest that individuals with pre-existing pulmonary inflammation are at greater risk for the potential adverse effects of MWCNT...
- Effects of lipopolysaccharide on platelet-derived growth factor isoform and receptor expression in cultured rat common bile duct fibroblasts and cholangiocytesTae Hyeon Kim
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Washington and Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle Division, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:1218-25. 2009..We therefore sought to investigate whether exposure to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) alters PDGF isoform and receptor expression in cultured rat common bile duct fibroblasts (CBDF) and normal rat cholangiocytes (NRC)...
- A developmental study on the expression of PDGFalphaR immunoreactive cells in the brain of postnatal ratsYangtao He
Department of Histology and Embryology, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Neurosci Res 65:272-9. 2009..However, further work will be necessary to determine if PDGFalphaR-/NG2+ cells may still maintain the biological characteristics of OPCs or they are other subpopulation of OPCs...
- Isolation and characterization of the alpha platelet-derived growth factor receptor from rat olfactory epitheliumK H Lee
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Mol Cell Biol 10:2237-46. 1990..The expression of the rat alpha-PDGF receptor in nonneuronal cells of the olfactory epithelium and in the olfactory bulb is consistent with a role for PDGF in glial cell generation...
- EV71 induces COX-2 expression via c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK/AP-1 and NF-kappaB in rat brain astrocytesWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 224:376-86. 2010..These results demonstrate that in RBA-1 cells, EV71-induced COX-2 expression associated with PGE(2) production is mediated through activation of c-Src/PDGFR/PI3K/Akt/p42/p44 MAPK to initiate the expression of AP-1...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-induced mesangial cell proliferation through induction of the tumor suppressor gene p53 and the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p21waf-1/cip-1 and p27kip-1Gunther Zahner
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Osteology, University of Hamburg, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:9763-71. 2002..These data suggest that COX-2 inhibits mesangial cell proliferation by a novel mechanism that is independent of prostaglandin synthesis, but involves p53, p21(cip-1), and p27(kip-1)...
- Transcription of platelet-derived growth factor receptor α in Leydig cells involves specificity protein 1 and 3Francis Bergeron
Reproduction, Perinatal and Child Health, CHUQ Research Centre, CHUL Room T1 49, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec, Quebec G1V4G2, Canada
J Mol Endocrinol 46:125-38. 2011..growth factor (PDGF) A is secreted by Sertoli cells and acts on Leydig precursor cells, which express the receptor PDGFRA, triggering their differentiation into steroidogenically active Leydig cells...
- Aberrant platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor transcript as a diagnostic marker for early human germ cell tumors of the adult testisS Mosselman
Department of Cell Biology, University of Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:2884-8. 1996..These data show that the 1.5-kb platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor transcript can be used as a highly selective marker for detection of early stages of human testicular germ cell tumors...
- Expression and prognostic significance of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors in epithelial ovarian neoplasmsR Henriksen
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Cancer Res 53:4550-4. 1993The expression of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), PDGF-alpha receptor (PDGFR alpha) and PDGF-beta receptor (PDGFR beta) was studied in normal ovaries and ovarian neoplasms by immunohistochemical analysis...
- Induction of platelet-derived growth factor A and B chains and over-expression of their receptors in human pancreatic cancerM Ebert
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine 92717, USA
Int J Cancer 62:529-35. 1995..levels were relatively abundant, whereas PDGF B chain mRNA levels were not detected and PDGF receptor alpha (PDGFR alpha) and beta mRNA transcripts were present at low levels...
- Immunohistochemistry analysis of platelet-derived growth factor A and B chains and platelet-derived growth factor alpha and beta receptor expression in benign prostatic hyperplasias and Gleason-graded human prostate adenocarcinomasK Fudge
Department of Pathology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Mod Pathol 7:549-54. 1994..The data suggest that PDGF A and alpha receptor genes may be preferentially turned on in epithelial and stromal prostate tumor cells...
- Content and activity of cAMP response element-binding protein regulate platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha content in vascular smooth musclesPeter A Watson
Denver Research Institute, Denver Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 1055 Clermont Street, Denver, CO 80220, USA
Endocrinology 143:2922-9. 2002..Thus, both in vitro and in vivo loss of CREB content and activity and subsequent accumulation of PDGFRalpha may contribute to SMC activation during diabetes...
- A role for platelet-derived growth factor beta-receptor in a newborn rat model of endothelin-mediated pulmonary vascular remodelingRobert P Jankov
Clinical Integrative Biology, Sunnybrook and Women s Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L1162-70. 2005..Collectively, these data are consistent with a major role for PDGF-betaR-mediated SMC proliferation, acting downstream of increased ET-1 in a newborn rat model of 60% O2-induced pulmonary hypertension...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor-A (PDGF-A), PDGF-B, and PDGF receptor-alpha and -beta during human testicular development and diseaseSabrina Basciani
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Medica, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Policlinico Umberto I, 00161 Rome, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2310-9. 2002..Finally, the expression of PDGF ligands and receptor proteins in Leydig cell tumors suggests a relationship of the PDGF system to tumorigenesis or tumor progression in this testicular neoplasm...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor-alpha alpha receptor is associated with tumor progression in clear cell renal cell carcinomaIrene Sulzbacher
Clinical Institute of Pathology, University of Vienna Medical School, Vienna, Austria
Am J Clin Pathol 120:107-12. 2003..Furthermore, the PDGF receptor-factor interaction loop may be considered as a possible target for novel therapeutic strategies...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 represses platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha (PDGFR-alpha) transcription via ERK1/2-dependent Sp1 phosphorylation and an atypical cis-acting element in the proximal PDGFR-alpha promoterMichelle R Bonello
Centre for Vascular Research, The University of New South Wales and Department of Haematology, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney New South Wales 2052, Australia
J Biol Chem 279:2377-82. 2004..Phosphorylation triggered by FGF-2 switches Sp1 from an activator to a repressor of PDGFR-alpha transcription, a finding previously unreported in any Sp1-dependent gene...
- Inhibition of platelet-derived growth factor receptor phosphorylation by STI571 (Gleevec) reduces growth and metastasis of human pancreatic carcinoma in an orthotopic nude mouse modelRosa F Hwang
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:6534-44. 2003....
- Estrogen regulates insulin-like growth factor 1, platelet-derived growth factor A and B, and their receptors in the vascular wallHanna Savolainen-Peltonen
Transplantation Laboratory and Rational Drug Design Programme, Biomedicum, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Transplantation 77:35-42. 2004..Estrogen provides vasculoprotective effects by regulating endothelial and vascular SMC function...
- Platelet-derived growth factor regulates cytomegalovirus infection-enhanced obliterative bronchiolitis in rat tracheal allograftsJussi M Tikkanen
Cardiopulmonary Research Group, Transplantation Laboratory, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Transplantation 77:655-8. 2004..Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection is a risk factor for the development of obliterative bronchiolitis (OB) after lung transplantation...
- Expression of platelet-derived growth factor in the developing cochlea of ratsYun Woo Lee
The Auditory Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Otolaryngology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Acta Otolaryngol 124:558-62. 2004..However, little is known about the expression of PDGF in the developing cochlea of rodents...
- FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion: prevalence and clinicopathologic correlates in 89 consecutive patients with moderate to severe eosinophiliaAnimesh Pardanani
Division of Hematology and Internal Medicine, Laboratory Geentics and Hematology, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 104:3038-45. 2004A novel oncogenic mutation (FIP1L1-PDGFRA), which results in a constitutively activated platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha (PDGFRA), has been invariably associated with a primary eosinophilic disorder...
- PDGF-alpha receptor expression following hypoxic-ischemic injury in the neonatal rat brainIchiro Morioka
Department of Pediatrics, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine
Kobe J Med Sci 50:21-30. 2004....
- Thyroid hormone administration enhances remyelination in chronic demyelinating inflammatory diseaseMercedes Fernandez
Department of Veterinary Morphophysiology and Animal Production, University of Bologna, 40064 Ozzano Emilia, Bologna, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:16363-8. 2004..Moreover, thyroid hormone exerts a neuroprotective effect with respect to axonal pathology...
- Immunohistochemical expression of FGF-2, PDGF-A, VEGF and TGF beta RII in the pancreas in the course of ischemia/reperfusion-induced acute pancreatitisZ Warzecha
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical School, 16 Grzegorzecka Street, 31 531 Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 55:791-810. 2004..The aim of our study was to evaluate the presence of growth factors in the course of spontaneous pancreatic regeneration after ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)-induced pancreatitis...
- PDGF-A, -C, and -D but not PDGF-B increase TGF-beta1 and chronic rejection in rat cardiac allograftsRaimo Tuuminen
Cardiopulmonary Research Group, Transplantation Laboratory, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:691-8. 2009..We examined the specific roles of different platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) ligands (A-D)--potent mesenchymal cell mitogens--in rat cardiac allografts...
- Expression and mutational analysis of tyrosine kinase receptors c-kit, PDGFRalpha, and PDGFRbeta in ovarian cancersSharon P Wilczynski
Department of Pathology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Hum Pathol 36:242-9. 2005..84 epithelial ovarian tumors were studied by immunohistochemistry with antibodies specific for c-kit, PDGFR alpha, and PDGFR beta. Immunoreactivity was detected in 78% of the tumor to at least one TKR...
- Expression patterns of PDGF-A, -B, -C and -D and the PDGF-receptors alpha and beta in activated rat hepatic stellate cells (HSC)Katja Breitkopf
Department of Medicine II, Mol Alcohol Research in Gastroenterology, University Hospital Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Cytokine 31:349-57. 2005..Given the dramatic changes in PDGF-C and -D expression, which may compensate for down-regulation of PDGF-B, we hypothesize that the new PDGF isoforms may fulfil specific functions in hepatic fibrogenesis...
- [The expression of platelet-derived growth factor-A and its receptor in acute radiation-induced skin ulcer in rats]Wei hong Cao
Burn Institute, First Affiliated Hospital, General Hospital of PLA Formerly 304th Hospital, Beijing 100037, P R China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 21:359-62. 2005....
- Autocrine PDGFR signaling promotes mammary cancer metastasisMartin Jechlinger
Research Institute for Molecular Pathology, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Invest 116:1561-70. 2006..Thus, autocrine PDGFR signaling plays an essential role during cancer progression, suggesting a novel application of STI571 to therapeutically interfere with metastasis...
- PDGF and microvessel wall remodeling in adult rat lung: imaging PDGF-AA and PDGF-Ralpha molecules in progenitor smooth muscle cells developing in experimental pulmonary hypertensionRosemary Jones
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts General Hospital, MGH East, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Cell Tissue Res 326:759-69. 2006....
- PDGFR-alpha as a potential therapeutic target in uterine sarcomasS F Adams
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Gynecol Oncol 104:524-8. 2007..A secondary goal was to identify specific gene mutations that might be associated with activation of these proteins in uterine sarcomas...
- Single-walled carbon nanotube (SWCNT)-induced interstitial fibrosis in the lungs of rats is associated with increased levels of PDGF mRNA and the formation of unique intercellular carbon structures that bridge alveolar macrophages in situJames B Mangum
CIIT Centers for Health Research, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Part Fibre Toxicol 3:15. 2006..Comparisons were made to vehicle alone (saline containing a biocompatible nonionic surfactant), inert carbon black (CB) nanoparticles, or vanadium pentoxide (V2O5) as a known inducer of fibrosis...
- Oligohydramnios decreases platelet-derived growth factor expression in fetal rat lungsChung Ming Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Neonatology 92:187-93. 2007..To evaluate the effects of experimental oligohydramnios on lung growth, expression of platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) and its receptors, and lung morphology in fetal rats...
- Adenoviral gene transfer of PDGF downregulates gas gene product PDGFalphaR and prolongs ERK and Akt/PKB activationQi Ping Chen
Center for Biorestoration of Oral Health, Department of Periodontics, University of Michigan, 1011 N University Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1078, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C538-44. 2002..These findings demonstrate the prolonged effects of adenoviral delivery of PDGF and aid in the better understanding of sustained PDGF signaling...
- The effect of immobilized platelet derived growth factor AA on neural stem/progenitor cell differentiation on cell-adhesive hydrogelsYukie Aizawa
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Canada
Biomaterials 29:4676-83. 2008..immobilized PDGF-AA. These results demonstrate for the first time, that it is possible to control the differentiation of NSPCs, and specifically to oligodendrocytes, in cell-adhesive matrices with immobilized PDGF-AA...