Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Pak1
Description: p21 (RAC1) activated kinase 1
Alias: serine/threonine-protein kinase PAK 1, PAK-1, alpha-PAK, p21 (CDKN1A)-activated kinase 1, p21 protein (Cdc42/Rac)-activated kinase 1, p21-activated kinase 1, p21/Cdc42/Rac1-activated kinase 1 (yeast Ste20-related), p68-PAK, protein kinase MUK2
- Insulin activates a p21-activated kinase in muscle cells via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseT Tsakiridis
Division of Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 271:19664-7. 1996..Tyrosine kinases and PI 3-kinase act upstream of PK65 in the insulin signaling cascade. Insulin activates p38 MAPK in myotubes, but this occurs by a pathway independent of PI 3-kinase and PK65...
- Expression of constitutively active alpha-PAK reveals effects of the kinase on actin and focal complexesE Manser
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge
Mol Cell Biol 17:1129-43. 1997..These data support our previous suggestions of a role for PAK downstream of both Cdc42 and Rac1 and indicate that PAK functions include the dissolution of stress fibers and reorganization of focal complexes...
- PAK1 induces podosome formation in A7r5 vascular smooth muscle cells in a PAK-interacting exchange factor-dependent mannerBradley A Webb
Department of Biochemistry and Protein Function Discovery Program, Queen s University, Botterell Hall, Room 616, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 289:C898-907. 2005..We show herein that expression of cytoskeletally active constructs of PAK1 is able to induce the formation of dynamic, podosome-like F-actin columns in the A7r5 vascular smooth muscle cell ..
- Changes in the balance between caldesmon regulated by p21-activated kinases and the Arp2/3 complex govern podosome formationTsuyoshi Morita
Department of Neuroscience D13, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka 2 2, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:8454-63. 2007..Consequently, phosphorylation of caldesmon by PAK1/2 enhances this regulatory mode of caldesmon...
- Involvement of Rac1 signalling pathway in the development and maintenance of acute inflammatory pain induced by bee venom injectionYan Wang
Institute for Biomedical Sciences of Pain, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, 710038, China
Br J Pharmacol 173:937-50. 2016..In the present study, the contribution of spinal Rac1 to peripheral inflammatory pain was studied...
- Inhibition of Nischarin Expression Promotes Neurite Outgrowth through Regulation of PAK ActivityYuemin Ding
Department of Clinical Medicine, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University City College, Hangzhou, 310015, China
PLoS ONE 10:e0144948. 2015..also promotes dendrite elongation in rat cortical neurons where Nischarin interacts with p21-activated kinase 1/2 (PAK1/2) and negatively regulates phosphorylation of both PAK1 and PAK2...
- Smad3 Couples Pak1 With the Antihypertrophic Pathway Through the E3 Ubiquitin Ligase, Fbxo32Hoyee Tsui
From the Faculty of Life Sciences H T, S W, S K C, W L, X W and Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences M Z, S P, E J C, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom Department of Biomedical Sciences, New York Institute of Technology, NY Q L and Department of Pharmacology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom M L
Hypertension 66:1176-83. 2015..In this study, we showed that exacerbated hypertrophy induced by pressure overload in cardiac-deleted Pak1 mice was attributable to a failure to upregulate the antihypertrophic E3 ligase, Fbxo32, responsible for targeting ..
- Cx43 increases serum induced filopodia formation via activation of p21-activated protein kinase 1Petra Kameritsch
Walter Brendel Centre of Experimental Medicine, Ludwig Maximilians Universität München and Munich University Hospital, Marchioninistr 27, 81377 Munchen, Germany DZHK German Centre for Cardiovascular Research, partner site Munich Heart Alliance, Biedersteiner Str 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1853:2907-17. 2015..Immunoprecipitation revealed an interaction of the upstream regulator of p38, p21-activated protein kinase 1 (PAK1), with Cx43 resulting in an enhanced phosphorylation of PAK1...
- Signaling of the p21-activated kinase (PAK1) coordinates insulin-stimulated actin remodeling and glucose uptake in skeletal muscle cellsRagadeepthi Tunduguru
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 92:380-8. 2014..Recent studies have implicated PAK1 as a required element in GLUT4 recruitment in mouse skeletal muscle in vivo, although its underlying mechanism of ..
- Rho GTPases in insulin-stimulated glucose uptakeTakaya Satoh
Laboratory of Cell Biology Department of Biological Science Graduate School of Science Osaka Prefecture University Osaka, Japan
Small Gtpases 5:e28102. 2014..In addition, the role for another Rho family member TC10 and its regulatory mechanism in adipocyte insulin signaling are described. ..
- Genome‑wide analysis of DNA methylation in rat lungs with lipopolysaccharide‑induced acute lung injuryXiao Qiang Zhang
Department of Respiratory and Intensive Care Unit, Affiliated Hospital of Binzhou Medical University, and Department of Cell Biology, Binzhou Medical University, Shandong 256603, PR China
Mol Med Rep 7:1417-24. 2013..In addition, three genes (Mapk3, Pak1 and Rac2) were validated in the control and lung tissues with ALI by RT‑PCR...
- Novel role of proline-rich nonreceptor tyrosine kinase 2 in vascular wall remodeling after balloon injuryRavisekhar Gadepalli
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2652-61. 2012..To investigate the role of Pyk2, a proline-rich nonreceptor tyrosine kinase, in G protein-coupled receptor agonist, thrombin-induced human aortic smooth muscle cell growth and migration, and injury-induced vascular wall remodeling...
- Abnormalities of the Duo/Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1/p21-activated kinase 1 pathway drive myosin light chain phosphorylation in frontal cortex in schizophreniaMaria D Rubio
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurobiology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0021, USA
Biol Psychiatry 71:906-14. 2012..In murine models, Duo and Cdc42 phosphorylate p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1), which modifies the activity of regulatory myosin light chain (MLC) and cofilin by altering their phosphorylation...
- Scaffolding function of PAK in the PDK1-Akt pathwayMaiko Higuchi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 10:1356-64. 2008..Here we show that Rac1 stimulates a second, kinase-independent function of PAK1. The PAK1 kinase domain serves as a scaffold to facilitate Akt stimulation by PDK1 and to aid recruitment of Akt to ..
- Identification and molecular cloning of a p21cdc42/rac1-activated serine/threonine kinase that is rapidly activated by thrombin in plateletsM Teo
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore
J Biol Chem 270:26690-7. 1995..This thrombin-activated protein kinase appears to coprecipitate with another kinase of M(r) 86,000, suggesting that PAK may be part of a thrombin-responsive signaling complex...
- Conversion of a signal into forces for axon outgrowth through Pak1-mediated shootin1 phosphorylationMichinori Toriyama
Laboratory of Neuronal Cell Morphogenesis, Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara 630 0192, Japan
Curr Biol 23:529-34. 2013..We found that a chemoattractant, netrin-1, positively regulates traction forces at axonal growth cones via Pak1-mediated shootin1 phosphorylation...
- Pak1 as a novel therapeutic target for antihypertrophic treatment in the heartWei Liu
Faculty of Life Sciences, School of Biomedicine, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Circulation 124:2702-15. 2011..In this study, we identified p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) as a novel signaling regulator that antagonizes cardiac hypertrophy.
- Neuroimmune modulation following traumatic stress in rats: evidence for an immunoregulatory cascade mediated by c-Src, miRNA222 and PAK1Hui Zhao
Department of Integrative Medicine and Neurobiology, State Key Lab of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College, Brain Research Institute, Fudan University, Shanghai, P R China
J Neuroinflammation 8:159. 2011....
- A FOXO-Pak1 transcriptional pathway controls neuronal polarityLuis de la Torre-Ubieta
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Genes Dev 24:799-813. 2010..We also identify the gene encoding the protein kinase Pak1, which acts locally in neuronal processes to induce polarity, as a critical direct target gene of the FOXO ..
- 16-kDa prolactin inhibits endothelial cell migration by down-regulating the Ras-Tiam1-Rac1-Pak1 signaling pathwaySok Hyong Lee
Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 67:11045-53. 2007..16k PRL also down-regulated the phosphorylation of the downstream effector of Rac1, p21-activating kinase 1 (Pak1), and inhibited its translocation to the leading edge of migrating cells...
- Regulation of Akt/PKB activity by P21-activated kinase in cardiomyocytesKai Mao
Cardiovascular Research Center, Sanford Research USD, University of South Dakota Sanford School of Medicine, Sioux Falls, SD 57105, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:429-34. 2008..P21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) is a serine/threonine protein kinase implicated in the regulation of cardiac hypertrophy and contractility and was ..
- [The clinico-pathological significance of protein expression of PAK1 in bladder transitional cell carcinoma]Yong hai Zhang
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Shantou 515031, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2710-3. 2007To investigate the protein expression of p21-activated kinase 1 gene (PAK1) in bladder transitional cell carcinoma (BTCC) and its clinico-pathological significance.
- p21-activated kinase-aberrant activation and translocation in Alzheimer disease pathogenesisQiu Lan Ma
Department of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14132-43. 2008..Our results implicate aberrant PAK in Abeta oligomer-induced signaling and synaptic deficits in Alzheimer disease...
- Distinct, but compensatory roles of PAK1 and PAK3 in spine morphogenesisBernadett Boda
Department of Basic Neuroscience, School of Medicine, University of Geneva, 1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland
Hippocampus 18:857-61. 2008b>PAK1 and PAK3 belong to a family of protein kinases that are effectors of small Rho GTPases. In humans, mutations of PAK3 have been associated with mental retardation and result in in vitro studies in defects of spine morphogenesis...
- COX-2 promoter activation by AT1R-Gq-PAK-p38beta signaling in intestinal epithelial cellsHung Pham
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1786, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1779:408-13. 2008..These data demonstrate that in IEC-18 cells, Ang II-dependent activation of the COX-2 promoter is mediated primarily through Gq/11 signaling via a PAK/MKK6/p38beta/CREB signaling cascade...
- PAK is regulated by PI3K, PIX, CDC42, and PP2Calpha and mediates focal adhesion turnover in the hyperosmotic stress-induced p38 pathwayPerry M Chan
GSK IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Proteos Building, 61 Biopolis Drive, Singapore 138673
J Biol Chem 283:24949-61. 2008..assays identified PP2Calpha, a serine/threonine phosphatase, as the major biochemical activity inhibiting PAK1. PP2Calpha dephosphorylated PAK1 and p38, both of which were activated upon hyperosmotic shock with the same ..
- Mutant polycystin-2 induces proliferation in primary rat tubular epithelial cells in a STAT-1/p21-independent fashion accompanied instead by alterations in expression of p57KIP2 and Cdk2Kyriacos N Felekkis
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Cyprus, Cyprus
BMC Nephrol 9:10. 2008....
- Hypoxia and hypoxia/reoxygenation activate p65PAK, p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), and stress-activated protein kinase (SAPK) in cultured rat cardiac myocytesY Seko
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:840-4. 1997....
- A role for Gab1/SHP2 in thrombin activation of PAK1: gene transfer of kinase-dead PAK1 inhibits injury-induced restenosisDong Wang
Department of Physiology, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, 894 Union Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Circ Res 104:1066-75. 2009..Thrombin also induced PAK1 activation in a time- and EGFR-Gab1-SHP2-Rac1/Cdc42-dependent manner...
- Dissecting activation of the PAK1 kinase at protrusions in living cellsMaria Carla Parrini
Institut Curie, Centre de Recherche, Paris, France
J Biol Chem 284:24133-43. 2009..Its deregulation has been linked to human cancer. We show here that activation of PAK1 is necessary for protrusive activity during cell spreading...
- An activity-induced microRNA controls dendritic spine formation by regulating Rac1-PAK signalingSoren Impey
Oregon Stem Cell Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 43:146-56. 2010..These data suggest that neuronal activity regulates spine formation, in part, by increasing miR132 transcription, which in turn activates a Rac1-Pak actin remodeling pathway...
- p21-activated kinase 1 participates in vascular remodeling in vitro and in vivoAkinari Hinoki
Cardiovascular Research Center and Department of Physiology, Temple University School of Medicine, 3500 N Broad St, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Hypertension 55:161-5. 2010..of vascular remodeling and activate a myriad of downstream protein kinases, including p21-activated protein kinase (PAK1)...
- A microarray study of gene and protein regulation in human and rat brain following middle cerebral artery occlusionNick Mitsios
School of Biology, Chemistry and Health Science, John Dalton Building, Manchester Metropolitan University, Chester Street, Manchester, UK
BMC Neurosci 8:93. 2007..We have used microarrays to investigate the changes in gene expression at various times after middle cerebral artery occlusion in human and rat brain...
- YSK1, a novel mammalian protein kinase structurally related to Ste20 and SPS1, but is not involved in the known MAPK pathwaysS Osada
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama, Japan
Oncogene 14:2047-57. 1997..These results suggest that YSK1 may be involved in the regulation of a novel intracellular signaling pathway...
- A domain containing the Cdc42/Rac interactive binding (CRIB) region of p65PAK inhibits transcriptional activation and cell transformation mediated by the Ras-Rac pathwayS Osada
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Kanazawa Ku, Japan
FEBS Lett 404:227-33. 1997..PAK/RD is a good tool to investigate the signaling pathways in which Rac and Cdc42 are involved...
- Activation of p21-activated protein kinase alpha (alpha PAK) by hyperosmotic shock in neonatal ventricular myocytesA Clerk
Division of Cardiac Medicine, Imperial College School of Medicine at N H L I, London, UK
FEBS Lett 403:23-5. 1997..We characterized the expression and regulation of alpha PAK in cultured ventricular myocytes. alpha PAK was specifically immunoprecipitated from myocyte extracts...
- Human Ste20 homologue hPAK1 links GTPases to the JNK MAP kinase pathwayJ L Brown
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 7 Divinity Avenue, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Curr Biol 6:598-605. 1996..Clues to PAK function have come from studies of Ste20, which controls the activity of the yeast mating mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase cascade, in response to a heterotrimeric G protein and Cdc42...
- Activation of the JNK pathway by distantly related protein kinases, MEKK and MUKS Hirai
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Japan
Oncogene 12:641-50. 1996..The structural divergence between MUK and MEKK reveals the multiplicity of signaling pathways that activate JNK/SAPKs...
- A brain serine/threonine protein kinase activated by Cdc42 and Rac1E Manser
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge
Nature 367:40-6. 1994..This bimolecular interaction provides a model for studying p21 regulation of mammalian phosphorylation signalling pathways...
- A novel serine kinase activated by rac1/CDC42Hs-dependent autophosphorylation is related to PAK65 and STE20G A Martin
Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, CA 94806, USA
EMBO J 14:1970-8. 1995..These data are consistent with a model in which hPAK65 functions as an effector molecule for rac1 and CDC42Hs...
- Molecular cloning of a new member of the p21-Cdc42/Rac-activated kinase (PAK) familyE Manser
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore
J Biol Chem 270:25070-8. 1995..Interestingly the down-regulation in the binding of p21s to recombinant beta-PAK and brain p65PAK, which is observed upon kinase activation does not occur with recombinant alpha-PAK...
- Adhesion stimulates direct PAK1/ERK2 association and leads to ERK-dependent PAK1 Thr212 phosphorylationLiisa J Sundberg-Smith
Department of Pathology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2055-64. 2005..Herein, we found that adhesion signaling also stimulates an association between PAK1 and ERK1/2...
- Delineation of the Cdc42/Rac-binding domain of p21-activated kinaseG Thompson
Exploratory Chemistry Unit, Glaxo Wellcome Medicines Research Centre, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Biochemistry 37:7885-91. 1998..In conclusion, the PAK CRIB motif itself is insufficient for high-affinity binding to Cdc42/Rac, but a 30 amino acid region of PAK (residues 75-105), containing this motif, is sufficient...
- Expression of mitogen-activated protein kinase pathways during postnatal development of rat heartS O Kim
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Cell Biochem 71:286-301. 1998....
- Structure of Cdc42 bound to the GTPase binding domain of PAKA Morreale
Cambridge Centre for Molecular Recognition, Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, 80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK
Nat Struct Biol 7:384-8. 2000..The structure, together with mutagenesis data, suggests reasons for the specificity of these interactions and provides insight into the mechanism of PAK activation...
- The mechanism of PAK activation. Autophosphorylation events in both regulatory and kinase domains control activityC Chong
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Dr, Singapore 117609
J Biol Chem 276:17347-53. 2001..Thus two autophosphorylation sites direct activation while three others control association with focal complexes via PIX and Nck...
- Lysophosphatidic acid stimulates p21-activated kinase in vascular smooth muscle cellsUdo Schmitz
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Wilhelmstrasse 35 37, Bonn, 53111, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:687-91. 2002..In VSMC, PAK activation by LPA is mediated by Galpha(i) and is dependent on Src, whereas EGF- or PDGF receptor transactivation are not involved. Furthermore, generation of ROS is required for LPA-induced activation of PAK...
- Phosphorylation and reorganization of vimentin by p21-activated kinase (PAK)Hidemasa Goto
Division of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Genes Cells 7:91-7. 2002..Vimentin is the most widely expressed IF protein component. The Rho family of small GTPases, such as Cdc42, Rac and Rho, are thought to control the organization of actin filaments as well as other cytoskeletal filaments...
- Changes in WT1 splicing are associated with a specific gene expression profile in Wilms' tumourDominique Baudry
INSERM U383, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Universite Rene Descartes, 75743 Paris Cedex 15, France
Oncogene 21:5566-73. 2002..Fourteen of 588 genes tested displayed specific up-regulation (CCND2, PCNA, N-MYC, E2F3, TOP2A, PAK1, DCC and PCDH2) or down-regulation (VEGF, IGFBP5, TIMP3, ARHB, C-FOS and CD9) in the pool of tumours with decreased ..
- Synapsin I is phosphorylated at Ser603 by p21-activated kinases (PAKs) in vitro and in PC12 cells stimulated with bradykininKatsuhiko Sakurada
Frontier 21 Project, Institute for Life Science Research, Asahi Chemical Industry Co, Ltd 2 1 Samejima, Fuji, Shizuoka 416 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:45473-9. 2002..The immunoprecipitants from bovine brain homogenate with anti-PAK1 and PAK3 antibodies incorporated (32)P into synapsin I in a Cdc42/GTPgammaS-dependent manner, and its ..
- Inhibition of contraction and myosin light chain phosphorylation in guinea-pig smooth muscle by p21-activated kinase 1A Wirth
Department of Vegetative Physiology, University of Cologne, Robert Koch Strasse 39, D 50931 Cologne, Germany
J Physiol 549:489-500. 2003..Therefore, we investigated the effect of the predominant isoform in vascular smooth muscle cells, PAK1, on contraction and phosphorylation of the regulatory light chains of myosin (r-MLC) in Triton-skinned guinea-pig ..
- PAK1 phosphorylation of MEK1 regulates fibronectin-stimulated MAPK activationJill K Slack-Davis
Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Cell Biol 162:281-91. 2003..We find that adhesion to fibronectin induces PAK1-dependent phosphorylation of MEK1 on S298 and that this phosphorylation is necessary for efficient activation of ..
- Pak1 and its T212 phosphorylated form accumulate in neurones and epithelial cells of the developing rodentJulia L Zhong
Developmental Neurobiology MRC Centre, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Dev Dyn 228:121-7. 2003The serine/threonine kinase Pak1 is a target of the RhoGTPases Rac and Cdc42 and an important regulator of cell morphology and migration...
- Intracellular localization and functional effects of P21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) in cardiac myocytesYunbo Ke
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Ill 60612 7342, USA
Circ Res 94:194-200. 2004We investigated intracellular localization and substrate specificity of P21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) in rat cardiac myocytes...
- Characterization of OSR1, a member of the mammalian Ste20p/germinal center kinase subfamilyWei Chen
Department of Pharmacology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9041, USA
J Biol Chem 279:11129-36. 2004..A two-hybrid screen implicated another Ste20p family member, the p21-activated protein kinase PAK1, as an OSR1 target. OSR1 phosphorylated threonine 84 in the N-terminal regulatory domain of PAK1...
- Membrane targeting of p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) induces neurite outgrowth from PC12 cellsR H Daniels
Departments of Immunology and Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Rd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
EMBO J 17:754-64. 1998Rho-family GTPases regulate cytoskeletal dynamics in various cell types. p21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) is one of the downstream effectors of Rac and Cdc42 which has been implicated as a mediator of polarized cytoskeletal changes in ..
- The Rac1-GEF Tiam1 couples the NMDA receptor to the activity-dependent development of dendritic arbors and spinesKimberley F Tolias
Neurobiology Program, Children s Hospital, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Neuron 45:525-38. 2005..Taken together, these findings define a molecular mechanism by which NMDA receptor signaling controls the growth and morphology of dendritic arbors and spines...
- Deleted in colorectal cancer binding netrin-1 mediates cell substrate adhesion and recruits Cdc42, Rac1, Pak1, and N-WASP into an intracellular signaling complex that promotes growth cone expansionMasoud Shekarabi
Center for Neuronal Survival, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3A 2B4
J Neurosci 25:3132-41. 2005..growth cone expansion requires Cdc42 (cell division cycle 42), Rac1 (Ras-related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1), Pak1 (p21-activated kinase), and N-WASP (neuronal Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein) and that the application of netrin-1 ..
- Myotonic dystrophy kinase-related Cdc42-binding kinase acts as a Cdc42 effector in promoting cytoskeletal reorganizationT Leung
Glaxo IMCB Group, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore
Mol Cell Biol 18:130-40. 1998..These results suggest that MRCK alpha may act as a downstream effector of Cdc42 in cytoskeletal reorganization...
- Association between Pak1 expression and subcellular localization and tamoxifen resistance in breast cancer patientsCaroline Holm
Division of Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:671-80. 2006p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) phosphorylates many proteins in both normal and transformed cells...
- Analysis of gene amplification and prognostic markers in ovarian cancer using comparative genomic hybridization for microarrays and immunohistochemical analysis for tissue microarraysDoris Mayr
Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 126:101-9. 2006..analysis of the proteins encoded by the genes that were amplified frequently (FGF3/4, FGFR1, CCNE1, PAK1, JUNB, and MDM2) was performed on a tissue microarray comprising 254 cases of ovarian neoplasms...
- Rat thy-1 antigens from thymus and brain: their tissue distribution, purification, and chemical compositionA F Williams
Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol 41:51-61. 1977
- Amplification of CCND1 and PAK1 as predictors of recurrence and tamoxifen resistance in postmenopausal breast cancerJ Bostner
Department of Biomedicine and Surgery, Division of Oncology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Oncogene 26:6997-7005. 2007..Situated in this region are the cyclin D1 gene (CCND1) and the p-21-activated kinase 1 (PAK1) gene...
- [Significance and mechanisms of overexpression of PAK1 gene in epithelial ovarian neoplasms]Dan Xie
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Caner Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 28:911-4. 2006To investigate the significance and mechanisms of overexpression of p21-activated kinase 1 gene (PAK1) in epithelial ovarian neoplasms.
- Modulation of p21-activated kinase 1 alters the behavior of renal cell carcinomaGerald C O'Sullivan
Cork Cancer Research Center, Leslie C Quick Jnr Cancer Laboratories, Bioscience Institute and Mercy University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
Int J Cancer 121:1930-40. 2007The p21-activated kinase 1 (Pak1) is a serine/threonine kinase whose activity is regulated by both Rho GTPases and AGC kinase family members...
- Localized activation of p21-activated kinase controls neuronal polarity and morphologyTom Jacobs
Department of Cellular and Molecular Neuroscience, Division of Neuroscience and Mental Health, Imperial College School of Medicine, Charing Cross Campus, London W6 8RP, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 27:8604-15. 2007..Here we reveal that the p21-activated kinase (Pak1) is essential for the specification of an axon and dendrites...
- Protein kinase C zeta. A novel regulator of both phosphorylation and de-phosphorylation of cardiac sarcomeric proteinsSteven C Wu
Center for Cardiovascular Research, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30691-8. 2007..dephosphorylation of cTnI and cTnT, we hypothesized that PKCzeta exists as a complex with p21-activated kinase-1 (Pak1) and protein phosphatase 2A (PP2A), and this was confirmed by immunoprecipitation Western blot...
- JAK2 tyrosine kinase phosphorylates PAK1 and regulates PAK1 activity and functionsLeah Rider
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio 43606 3390, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30985-96. 2007The serine-threonine kinase PAK1 is activated by small GTPase-dependent and -independent mechanisms and promotes cell survival. However, the role of tyrosyl phosphorylation in the regulation of PAK1 function is poorly understood...
- Regulation of CBP by Synaptic ActivitySoren Impey; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be accomplished by conducting the above described research, attending and presenting at local and national seminars and meetings, and participating in courses teaching molecular biology and neurophysiology techniques. ..
- Genomic-wide Analysis of Oct 3/4 and Nanog TargetsSoren Impey; Fiscal Year: 2010..This set of studies will represent the most comprehensive analysis to date of the regulation of transcription factor binding in any metazoan system. ..