Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nras
Description: neuroblastoma RAS viral oncogene homolog
Alias: GTPase NRas, neuroblastoma RAS viral (v-ras) oncogene homolog, neuroblastoma ras oncogene, transforming protein N-Ras
- Selective role for RGS12 as a Ras/Raf/MEK scaffold in nerve growth factor-mediated differentiationMelinda D Willard
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
EMBO J 26:2029-40. 2007..These data suggest that RGS12 may play a critical, and receptor-selective, role in coordinating Ras-dependent signals that are required for promoting and/or maintaining neuronal differentiation...
- Identification of a new non-major histocompatibility complex genetic locus on chromosome 2 that controls disease severity in collagen-induced arthritis in ratsP S Gulko
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Arthritis Rheum 41:2122-31. 1998..To identify novel non-major histocompatibility complex (non-MHC) genetic loci controlling the severity of homologous rat type II collagen-induced arthritis (CIA)...
- RAS oncogene suppression induces apoptosis followed by more differentiated and less myelosuppressive disease upon relapse of acute myeloid leukemiaWon Il Kim
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA
Blood 113:1086-96. 2009To study the oncogenic role of the NRAS oncogene (NRAS(G12V)) in the context of acute myeloid leukemia (AML), we used a Vav promoter-tetracycline transactivator (Vav-tTA)-driven repressible TRE-NRAS(G12V) transgene system in Mll-AF9 knock-..
- Diabetes increases both N-ras and ets-1 expression during rat oral oncogenesis resulting in enhanced cell proliferation and metastatic potentialEleftherios Vairaktaris
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University ofAthens Medical School, Athens, Greece
In Vivo 21:615-21. 2007..The expression of N-ras and ets-1 proteins was investigated in an experimental model of chemically-induced carcinogenesis in normal and diabetic (type I) Sprague-Dawley rats...
- Endogenous oncogenic Nras mutation initiates hematopoietic malignancies in a dose- and cell type-dependent mannerJinyong Wang
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI, USA
Blood 118:368-79. 2011Both monoallelic and biallelic oncogenic NRAS mutations are identified in human leukemias, suggesting a dose-dependent role of oncogenic NRAS in leukemogenesis...
- Loss of heterozygosity at the N-ras locus in 7,12-dimethylbenz[a] anthracene-induced rat leukemiaM Osaka
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Mol Carcinog 18:206-12. 1997..We believe that this system provides a suitable model for studying a series of genetic alterations from the earliest stage of carcinogenesis that cannot be approached in human malignancies...
- Mutation of NRAS but not KRAS significantly reduces myeloma sensitivity to single-agent bortezomib therapyGeorge Mulligan
Takeda Pharmaceuticals International Co, Cambridge, MA
Blood 123:632-9. 2014..New recurrent mutations were also identified, including in the PDGFRA and JAK3 genes. NRAS mutations were associated with a significantly lower response rate to single-agent bortezomib (7% vs 53% in ..
- Role of Ras, ERK, and Akt in glucocorticoid-induced differentiation of embryonic rat somatotropes in vitroWen Ming Lv
The Department of Neurological Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, 150001, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 391:67-75. 2014..05). Taken together, our results indicate that Ras, ERK, and Akt are key effectors in the glucocorticoid-induced differentiation of growth hormone-secreting cells...
- Deficiency of β Common Receptor Moderately Attenuates the Progression of Myeloproliferative Neoplasm in NrasG12D/+ MiceJingfang Zhang
From the McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53705 and
J Biol Chem 290:19093-103. 2015..Here, we investigate this issue in a well characterized MP-CMML model induced by endogenous Nras(G12D/+) mutation...
- MEK1/2 dual-specificity protein kinases: structure and regulationRobert Roskoski
Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research, Horse Shoe, NC 28742, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 417:5-10. 2012..MEK1 regulation is unusual in that S212 phosphorylation in its activation segment is inhibitory. Moreover, active ERK catalyzes a feedback inhibitory phosphorylation of MEK1 T292 that serves to downregulate the pathway...
- Proto-oncogenic H-Ras, K-Ras, and N-Ras are involved in muscle differentiation via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseJisun Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical Research Center for Bioreaction to Reactive Oxygen Species and Biomedical Science Institute, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Cell Res 20:919-34. 2010..In addition, PI3K pathway activation is associated with a concurrent suppression of the otherwise predominantly activated Raf/Mek/Erk pathway...
- Regulator of G-protein signaling 14 (RGS14) is a selective H-Ras effectorFrancis S Willard
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4884. 2009..However, more recent data from mammals and Drosophila imply that, in vivo, RGS14 may instead be an effector of Ras...
- Activation of RAS family genes in urothelial carcinomaI Boulalas
Department of Urology, Asklipieio General Hospital, Voula, Athens, Greece
J Urol 181:2312-9. 2009..Bladder cancer is the fifth most common malignancy in men in Western society. We determined RAS codon 12 and 13 point mutations and evaluated mRNA expression levels in transitional cell carcinoma cases...
- c-Myc inhibits Ras-mediated differentiation of pheochromocytoma cells by blocking c-Jun up-regulationJose P Vaque
Grupo de Biología Molecular del Cáncer, Dpto de Biología Molecular and Instituto de Biomedicina y Biotecnología de Cantabria, Universidad de Cantabria CSIC IDICAN, Santander, Spain
Mol Cancer Res 6:325-39. 2008..In conclusion, we describe a novel interplay between c-Myc and c-Jun that controls the ability of Ras to trigger the differentiation program of pheochromocytoma cells...
- Cia5d regulates a new fibroblast-like synoviocyte invasion-associated gene expression signatureTeresina Laragione
Laboratory of Experimental Rheumatology, Center for Genomics and Human Genetics, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R92. 2008..In the present study we aimed to characterize the pattern of gene expression that correlates with differences in invasion in order to identify pathways regulated by the Cia5d locus...
- An increase in N-Ras expression is associated with development of hormone refractory prostate cancer in a subset of patientsPamela Traynor
University Department of Surgery, Division of Cancer Sciences and Molecular Pathology, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Glasgow, UK
Dis Markers 24:157-65. 2008..010) and proliferation index (Ki67, p=0.02). These results suggest that in a subgroup patients N-Ras expression is associated with development of hormone refractory prostate cancer via activation of the MAP kinase cascade...
- Possible involvement of c-myc but not ras genes in hepatocellular carcinomas developing after spontaneous hepatitis in LEC ratsY Fujimoto
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Carcinog 4:269-74. 1991....
- 16-kDa prolactin inhibits endothelial cell migration by down-regulating the Ras-Tiam1-Rac1-Pak1 signaling pathwaySok Hyong Lee
Department of Immunology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 67:11045-53. 2007..Thus, 16k PRL inhibits cell migration by blocking the Ras-Tiam1-Rac1-Pak1 signaling pathway in endothelial cells...
- Persistent nicotine treatment potentiates amplification of the dihydrofolate reductase gene in rat lung epithelial cells as a consequence of Ras activationJinjin Guo
Cancer Research Center, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 280:30422-31. 2005..Under p53-deficient conditions, the establishment of a full oncogenic transformation, in response to long term nicotine exposure, is achieved through the cooperation of multiple signaling pathways...
- Transcriptional activation of H- and N-ras oncogenes in human cervical cancerIoannis N Mammas
Laboratory of Virology, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion 71100, Crete, Greece
Gynecol Oncol 92:941-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the quantitative and qualitative changes of expression of the ras family genes in the development of human cervical cancer...
- Ras gene mutations in 7,12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA)-induced rat sarcomasA Walentinsson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology Genetics, Goteborg University, Box 462, SE 405 30, Gothenburg, Sweden
Cancer Lett 166:47-53. 2001..DMBA erythroleukemias display RNO2 abnormalities, which in this case were closely correlated to mutations in the Nras oncogene located in RNO2q34...
- Mapping autoimmunity genesM M Griffiths
Veteran Affairs Medical Center, Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UI, USA
Curr Opin Immunol 11:689-700. 1999..Candidate genes are being identified. Polymorphic alleles associated with these chromosomal segments may represent predisposing genetic elements common to a number of human diseases with very different clinical presentations...
- Localization in rats of genetic loci regulating susceptibility to experimental erosive arthritis and related autoimmune diseasesR L Wilder
Inflammatory Joint Diseases Section, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Transplant Proc 31:1585-8. 1999
- Sequence of the Escherichia coli K-12 edd and eda genes of the Entner-Doudoroff pathwayA T Carter
AFRC Institute of Food Research, Norwich Research Park, UK
Gene 130:155-6. 1993..These data are compared with those of Egan et al. [J. Bacteriol. 174 (1992) 4638-4646] and important differences were noted...
- The function of GRB2 in linking the insulin receptor to Ras signaling pathwaysE Y Skolnik
Department of Pharmacology, New York University Medical Center, NY 10016
Science 260:1953-5. 1993....
- The rat N-ras gene; interference of pseudogenes with the detection of activating point mutationsH J van Kranen
Laboratory of Carcinogenesis and Mutagenesis, National Institute of Public Health and Environmental Protection, RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Carcinogenesis 15:307-11. 1994..Taken together, our results demonstrate that intron-specific amplification is a prerequisite for the unambiguous detection of activating point mutations in the N-ras gene of the rat...
- Sequencing analysis of Ha-, Ki-, and N-ras genes in rat urinary bladder tumors induced by N-[4-(5-nitro-2-furyl)-2-thiazolyl]formamide (FANFT) and sodium saccharinT Masui
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198
Teratog Carcinog Mutagen 13:225-33. 1993..These results suggest the involvement of activated Ha-ras gene, but not Ki-N or N-ras gene, in rat urinary bladder carcinogenesis induced by FANFT. Subsequent sodium saccharin administration did not affect the changes in Ha-ras gene...
- Characterization of c-Ki-ras and N-ras oncogenes in aflatoxin B1-induced rat liver tumorsG McMahon
Division of Toxicology, Whitaker College, Cambridge, MA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:1104-8. 1990..The presence of a potential germ-line oncogene may be related to the sensitivity of the Fischer rat strain to liver carcinogenesis by aflatoxin B1 and other chemical carcinogens...