Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nr3c1
Description: nuclear receptor subfamily 3, group C, member 1
Alias: Gcr, Grl, glucocorticoid receptor
Publications141 found, 100 shown here
- Aldosterone modulates steroid receptor binding to the endothelin-1 gene (edn1)Lisa R Stow
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 284:30087-96. 2009..RNA knockdowns corroborated pharmacological studies and demonstrated both mineralocorticoid receptor and glucocorticoid receptor participated in this response...
- Enduring, handling-evoked enhancement of hippocampal memory function and glucocorticoid receptor expression involves activation of the corticotropin-releasing factor type 1 receptorKristina A Fenoglio
Department of Anatomy Neurobiology, Med Sci I, ZOT 4475, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 4475, USA
Endocrinology 146:4090-6. 2005..corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) expression and subsequent (by P45) increase in hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expression...
- Differential regulations of AQP4 and Kir4.1 by triamcinolone acetonide and dexamethasone in the healthy and inflamed retinaMin Zhao
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U872, Team 17, Physiopathology of ocular diseases therapeutic innovations, Paris, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6340-7. 2011..1 and aquaporin-4 (AQP4), the two main retinal Müller glial (RMG) channels controlling retinal fluid movement...
- Crystallographic analysis of the interaction of the glucocorticoid receptor with DNAB F Luisi
Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511
Nature 352:497-505. 1991Two crystal structures of the glucocorticoid receptor DNA-binding domain complexed with DNA are reported. The domain has a globular fold which contains two Zn-nucleated substructures of distinct conformation and function...
- Solution structure of the glucocorticoid receptor DNA-binding domainT Hard
Department of Chemistry, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Science 249:157-60. 1990The three-dimensional structure of the DNA-binding domain (DBD) of the glucocorticoid receptor has been determined by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and distance geometry...
- Refined solution structure of the glucocorticoid receptor DNA-binding domainH Baumann
Center for Structural Biochemistry, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, Huddinge, Sweden
Biochemistry 32:13463-71. 1993A refined solution structure of the glucocorticoid receptor DNA-binding domain (GR DBD) has been determined using two- and three-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy on an 15N-labeled GR DBD fragment in conjunction ..
- GRIP1, a transcriptional coactivator for the AF-2 transactivation domain of steroid, thyroid, retinoid, and vitamin D receptorsH Hong
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:2735-44. 1997..A search for possible coactivators for steroid hormone receptors resulted in identification of glucocorticoid receptor interacting protein 1 (GRIP1)...
- Phosphorylation and inhibition of rat glucocorticoid receptor transcriptional activation by glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3). Species-specific differences between human and rat glucocorticoid receptor signaling as revealed through GSK-3 phosphorylationI Rogatsky
Department of Microbiology and the Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
J Biol Chem 273:14315-21. 1998Transcriptional activation by the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) is regulated by both glucocorticoid binding and phosphorylation...
- A conformational switch in the ligand-binding domain regulates the dependence of the glucocorticoid receptor on Hsp90D Ricketson
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 97403 1229, USA
J Mol Biol 368:729-41. 2007..In the case of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), high-affinity ligand binding requires the interaction of the LBD with the heat shock protein 90 (..
- Glucocorticoid receptor activation is involved in producing abnormal phenotypes of single-prolonged stress rats: a putative post-traumatic stress disorder modelK Kohda
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Neuroscience 148:22-33. 2007..HPA) axis, which has been reliably reproduced in patients with PTSD, and increased expression of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) in the hippocampus...
- DNA binding site sequence directs glucocorticoid receptor structure and activitySebastiaan H Meijsing
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Science 324:407-10. 2009..How genes are modulated so precisely is not well understood. The glucocorticoid receptor (GR) regulates target genes by associating with specific DNA binding sites, the sequences of which differ ..
- Nestin modulates glucocorticoid receptor function by cytoplasmic anchoringRudolph Reimer
Heinrich Pette Institute for Experimental Virology and Immunology at the University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e6084. 2009..show that a strong nestin expression in mouse embryo tissue coincides with a strong accumulation of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), a key regulator of growth and differentiation in embryonic development...
- 5'-heterogeneity of glucocorticoid receptor messenger RNA is tissue specific: differential regulation of variant transcripts by early-life eventsJ A McCormick
Molecular Endocrinology, University of Edinburgh, Molecular Medicine Centre, Western General Hospital, United Kingdom
Mol Endocrinol 14:506-17. 2000b>Glucocorticoid receptor (GR) gene expression is regulated in a complex tissue-specific manner, notably by early-life environmental events that program tissue GR levels. We have identified and characterized several new rat GR mRNAs...
- Alteration of cadherin in dexamethasone-induced cataract organ-cultured rat lensJungmook Lyu
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:2034-40. 2003..To understand the mechanism underlying steroid-induced cataract, the cultured lens model was developed, and the expression of potential candidate proteins during opacity formation was examined...
- Alteration of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 in skeletal muscle in a rat model of type 2 diabetesMing Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, Jilin, 130021, China
Mol Cell Biochem 324:147-55. 2009..The protein and mRNA level of 11beta-HSD1 and glucocorticoid receptor in gastrocnemius muscle were determined...
- 1H NMR studies of DNA recognition by the glucocorticoid receptor: complex of the DNA binding domain with a half-site response elementM L Remerowski
Department of Chemistry, University of Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 30:11620-4. 1991The complex of the rat glucocorticoid receptor (GR) DNA binding domain (DBD) and half-site sequence of the consensus glucocorticoid response element (GRE) has been studied by two-dimensional 1H NMR spectroscopy...
- Androgens modulate glucocorticoid receptor mRNA, but not mineralocorticoid receptor mRNA levels, in the rat hippocampusJ E Kerr
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 8:439-47. 1996..Androgen-mediated downregulation of GR expression may prove to be an important event in the adaptive responses of CA1 pyramidal cells to hormonal stimuli...
- Glucocorticoid receptor-glucocorticoid response element binding stimulates nucleosome disruption by the SWI/SNF complexA K Ostlund Farrants
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Medical Nobel Institute, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 17:895-905. 1997..In this study we show that the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), a hormone-inducible transcription factor, stimulates the nucleosome-disrupting activity of the SWI/..
- Glucocorticoid receptor mRNA levels in bronchial epithelial cells of patients with COPD: influence of glucocorticoidsS H Korn
Department of Pulmonology, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Respir Med 92:1102-9. 1998..Hypothetically, this may be explained by an overexpressed beta-glucocorticoid receptor (GR) compared to the alpha-GR...
- Differences in binding of glucocorticoid receptor to DNA in chronic renal graft rejectionN Ichimaru
Department of Urology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Transpl Int 13:255-9. 2000..Using an electrophoretic mobility shift assay, we measured the amount of nuclear glucocorticoid receptor capable of binding to its specific DNA recognition sequences, termed glucocorticoid response elements (..
- Mutations at positions 547-553 of rat glucocorticoid receptors reveal that hsp90 binding requires the presence, but not defined composition, of a seven-amino acid sequence at the amino terminus of the ligand binding domainSunil Kaul
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0632, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36223-32. 2002....
- Glucocorticoid-mediated suppression of cytokine-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in rat mesangial cells: involvement of nuclear factor-kappaB and Ets transcription factorsWolfgang Eberhardt
Pharmazentrum Frankfurt, Klinikum der Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, D 60590 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Mol Endocrinol 16:1752-66. 2002..In addition to NF-kappaB, we suggest a pivotal role for the Ets binding site, in concert with a distal activator protein-1 element, in the transcriptional suppression of cytokine-induced MMP-9 expression by glucocorticoids...
- Long-term adaptations in glucocorticoid receptor and mineralocorticoid receptor mRNA and negative feedback on the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis following neonatal maternal separationCharlotte O Ladd
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biol Psychiatry 55:367-75. 2004..We hypothesized that maternally separated rats experience adequate proactive glucocorticoid negative feedback but deficient "reactive" negative feedback, contributing to prolonged hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal stress responses...
- Cytosolic glucocorticoid receptor expression in the rat vestibular nucleus and hippocampus following unilateral vestibular deafferentationLibby Lindsay
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, Dunedin, Dunedin, New Zealand
Exp Brain Res 162:309-14. 2005..However, long-term changes in GR expression in CA1 might be related to chronic deficits in hippocampal function and spatial cognition following vestibular damage...
- GR and HMGB1 interact only within chromatin and influence each other's residence timeAlessandra Agresti
San Raffaele Research Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
Mol Cell 18:109-21. 2005..We prove here that in living cells, the glucocorticoid receptor and HMGB1 interact only within chromatin and not in the nucleoplasm and decrease each other's mobility...
- Nuclear translocation of UDCA by the glucocorticoid receptor is required to reduce TGF-beta1-induced apoptosis in rat hepatocytesSusana Sola
Centro de Patogenese Molecular, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, Portugal
Hepatology 42:925-34. 2005..In this study, we further investigated the potential role of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) in the anti-apoptotic function of UDCA...
- Chaperoning of glucocorticoid receptorsW B Pratt
Department of Pharmacology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109 0632, USA
Handb Exp Pharmacol . 2006..as a 'cradle-to-grave' system for regulating the steroid binding, trafficking and turnover of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR)...
- Interaction of rat renal glucocorticoid receptor with Hsp90 and Hsp70 upon stress provoked by mercuryJelena Brkljacic
Department of Biochemistry, Institute for Biological Research, Belgrade, Serbia
J Appl Toxicol 27:43-50. 2007The influence of mercury on the association of rat kidney glucocorticoid receptor (GR) with heat shock proteins Hsp90 and Hsp70 was investigated...
- Uteroplacental insufficiency alters nephrogenesis and downregulates cyclooxygenase-2 expression in a model of IUGR with adult-onset hypertensionMariana Baserga
Univ of Utah School of Medicine, Dept of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Salt Lake City, UT 84158, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1943-55. 2007..which converts corticosterone to inert 11-dehydrocorticosterone, thereby protecting both the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and the mineralocorticoid receptor (MR) from the actions of corticosterone...
- Recruitment of the p160 coactivators by the glucocorticoid receptor: dependence on the promoter context and cell type but not hypoxic conditionsAmalia Trousson
INSERM UMR788, Universite Paris Sud 11, 80, rue du Général Leclerc 94276 Le Kremlin Bicêtre Cedex, France
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 104:305-11. 2007..They act via the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) which recruits the p160 coactivators (SRC-1, SRC-2 and SRC-3)...
- Effect of the glucocorticoid receptor antagonist Org 34850 on basal and stress-induced corticosterone secretionF Spiga
Henry Wellcome Laboratories for Integrative Neuroscience and Endocrinology, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 19:891-900. 2007..In light of the evidence showing an involvement of dysfunctional HPA axis in the pathophysiology of depression, Org 34850 could be a potential treatment for mood disorders...
- Glucocorticoid receptor changes associate with age in the paraventricular nucleus of type II diabetic rat modelSun Shin Yi
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine and BK21 Program for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Neurochem Res 34:851-8. 2009..In the present study, we investigated glucocorticoid receptor (GR) immunoreactivity and its protein levels in the paraventricular nuclei of 4-, 12-, 20- and 30-week-..
- The effect of antidepressant drugs on the HPA axis activity, glucocorticoid receptor level and FKBP51 concentration in prenatally stressed ratsMagdalena Szymanska
Department of Experimental Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 31 343 Krakow, Smetna 12, Poland
Psychoneuroendocrinology 34:822-32. 2009..the effect of prenatal stress on behavioral changes, blood corticosterone level, concentrations of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and its cochaperone, FKBP51, in the hippocampus and frontal cortex in adult rats...
- Neonatal maternal separation alters the development of glucocorticoid receptor expression in the interpositus nucleus of the cerebellumA A Wilber
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, and Program in Neuroscience, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, United States
Int J Dev Neurosci 27:649-54. 2009..This impairment was correlated with increases in glucocorticoid receptor expression in the posterior region of the cerebellar interpositus nucleus, a key structure in the neural ..
- Maternal separation alters nerve growth factor and corticosterone levels but not the DNA methylation status of the exon 1(7) glucocorticoid receptor promoter regionW M U Daniels
Discipline of Human Physiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of KwaZulu Natal, Westville Campus, Durban, 4000, South Africa
Metab Brain Dis 24:615-27. 2009..in their hippocampi and assessed the DNA methylation status of the promoter region of exon 1(7) of the glucocorticoid receptor in this brain region...
- Divergent effects of amygdala glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptors in the regulation of visceral and somatic painBrent Myers
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Oklahoma Center for Neuroscience, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 921 NE 13 St, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G295-303. 2010..Moreover, these studies suggested that the effects of Cort were dependent on both the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and mineralocorticoid receptor (MR); however, the specific contributions of these receptors to the ..
- Adaptation of arcuate insulin receptor, estrogen receptor-alpha, estrogen receptor-beta, and type-II glucocorticoid receptor gene profiles to chronic intermediate insulin-induced hypoglycemia in estrogen-treated ovariectomized female ratsNaresh K Genabai
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
J Mol Neurosci 41:304-9. 2010..subject to ovarian control, since ovariectomy (OVX) increases insulin receptor transcripts and decreases glucocorticoid receptor protein in the hypothalamus...
- [Effects of neonatal recurrent seizures on glucocorticoid receptor expression in the rat brain]Tuan Mei Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 12:47-50. 2010To investigate the effets of flurothyl-induced neonatal recurrent seizures on glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expression in the rat brain.
- Overexpression of glucocorticoid receptor-beta in severe allergic rhinitisAkihiro Ishida
Department of Otolaryngology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata, Yamagata 990 9585, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 37:584-8. 2010To clarify the role of glucocorticoid receptor-beta in resistance to glucocorticoid therapy for allergic rhinitis, we studied 37 tissue samples from 20 patients with severe allergic rhinitis, and samples from age-matched controls.
- Stress and glucocorticoids regulated corticotropin releasing factor in rat prefrontal cortexQing Yuan Meng
CAS Key Laboratory of Brain Function and Diseases, School of Life Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Jinzhai Road 96, Hefei 230026, Anhui, PR China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 342:54-63. 2011..The expression of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) was found to colocalize with CRF neurons in the PFC...
- Acute stress, but not corticosterone, disrupts short- and long-term synaptic plasticity in rat dorsal subiculum via glucocorticoid receptor activationMatthew J MacDougall
Department of Physiology, Neural Systems and Plasticity Research Group, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
Cereb Cortex 23:2611-9. 2013..effects of acute stress on both short- and long-term forms of synaptic plasticity are mediated by glucocorticoid receptor (GR) activation as these disruptions were blocked by pre-treatment with the selective GR antagonist ..
- Epigenetic regulation of the glucocorticoid receptor promoter 1(7) in adult ratsSimone R Witzmann
Institute of Immunology, Centre de Recherche Public de la Santé and National Public Health Laboratory, Luxembourg, Luxembourg
Epigenetics 7:1290-301. 2012Regulation of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) levels is an important stress adaptation mechanism...
- A conserved protein motif is required for full modulatory activity of negative elongation factor subunits NELF-A and NELF-B in modifying glucocorticoid receptor-regulated gene induction propertiesMin Luo
From the Steroid Hormones Section, NIDDK Laboratory of Endocrinology and Receptor Biology LERB, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
J Biol Chem 288:34055-72. 2013..We now report new activities of NELF-B and other NELF complex subunits, which are to attenuate glucocorticoid receptor (GR)-mediated gene induction, reduce the partial agonist activity of an antagonist, and increase the EC50 ..
- Litter and sex effects on maternal behavior and DNA methylation of the Nr3c1 exon 17 promoter gene in hippocampus and cerebellumTherese A Kosten
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine and Michael E DeBakey Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, United States Electronic address
Int J Dev Neurosci 36:5-12. 2014..The methylation status of the exon 17 promoter of the glucocorticoid receptor (Nr3c1 gene) in hippocampus associates with frequency of pup licking...
- Behavioral testing-related changes in the expression of Synapsin I and glucocorticoid receptors in standard and enriched aged Wistar ratsP Sampedro-Piquero
Laboratorio de Neurociencias, Departamento de Psicologia, Universidad de Oviedo, Plaza Feijoo s n, 33003 Oviedo, Spain Instituto de Neurociencias del Principado de Asturias, INEUROPA, Spain Electronic address
Exp Gerontol 58:292-302. 2014Our aim was to assess the changes in the Synapsin I and glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expression induced by behavioral testing in the dorsal and ventral hippocampi of standard and enriched aged Wistar rats...
- Prenatal alcohol exposure alters methyl metabolism and programs serotonin transporter and glucocorticoid receptor expression in brainYing Fai Ngai
Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada Child and Family Research Institute, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 309:R613-22. 2015..affects one-carbon metabolism (including Mtr, Mat2a, Mthfr, and Cbs mRNA) and programming of HPA function genes (Nr3c1, Nr3c2, and Slc6a4) in offspring from ethanol-fed (E), pair-fed (PF), and ad libitum-fed control (C) dams...
- Maternal separation in early life modifies anxious behavior and Fos and glucocorticoid receptor expression in limbic neurons after chronic stress in rats: effects of tianeptineVerónica Trujillo
a Laboratorio De Fisiología Animal, Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y Naturales, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Cordoba, Argentina
Stress 19:91-103. 2016..late stress would result in a differential phenotype regarding the number of neurons immunoreactive for glucocorticoid receptor (GR-ir) and neuronal activity as assessed by Fos immunoreactivity (Fos-ir) in brain areas related to ..
- Changes in glucocorticoid and mineralocorticoid receptors of liver and kidney cytosols after pathologic stress and its regulation in ratsDu hu Liu
Institute of Combined Injury, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Crit Care Med 30:623-7. 2002..This study was designed to observe the changes in glucocorticoid receptor of liver cytosols and mineralocorticoid receptor of kidney cytosols after pathologic stress in rats.
- Reduction in glucocorticoid receptors in renal biopsies of patients with lupus nephritisAnna A Tziraki
Department of Biological Chemistry, School of Medicine, University of Athens, 75 Mikras Asias Str, 115 27, Athens, Greece
Clin Biochem 40:1188-93. 2007..for lupus nephritis is the administration of glucocorticoids (GC) that mediate their effects via the glucocorticoid receptor (GR)...
- Mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors stimulate epithelial sodium channel activity in a mouse model of Cushing syndromeMatthew A Bailey
Molecular Physiology Group, Centre for Cardiovascular Science, University of Edinburgh, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Hypertension 54:890-6. 2009..sodium handling in adult male C57BL/6J mice using selective antagonists to dissect mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptor-mediated pathways. Mice were infused via osmotic minipump with ACTH (2...
- Glucocorticoid receptor auto-upregulation and its relation with glucocorticoid sensitivity in idiopathic nephrotic syndromePeisong Chen
Department of Laboratory Medicine, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, 58 Zhongshan Road II, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Int Urol Nephrol 43:167-74. 2011..Most effects of GC are mediated by glucocorticoid receptor (GR). Multiple promoters have been found in GR gene, which results in different exons 1 s...
- Daytime restricted feeding modifies 24 h rhythmicity and subcellular distribution of liver glucocorticoid receptor and the urea cycle in rat liverDalia Luna-Moreno
Departamento de Neurobiologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Neurobiologia, Campus UNAM Juriquilla, Queretaro, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
Br J Nutr 108:2002-13. 2012..the present study we explored in the liver the 24 h variations of: (1) the subcellular distribution of glucocorticoid receptor (GCR), (2) the activities of the corticosterone-forming and NADPH-generating enzymes (11β-hydroxysteroid ..
- Corticosterone induces rapid spinogenesis via synaptic glucocorticoid receptors and kinase networks in hippocampusYoshimasa Komatsuzaki
Department of Biophysics and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e34124. 2012..Exposure to acute stress induces corticosterone (CORT) secretion from the adrenal cortex, resulting in rapid increase of CORT levels in plasma and the hippocampus...
- Glucocorticoids decrease astrocyte numbers by reducing glucocorticoid receptor expression in vitro and in vivoKazuhiro Unemura
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 119:30-9. 2012..In this study, we investigated the effect of glucocorticoids on the number of astrocytes and glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expression in vitro and in vivo...
- Binding of the N-terminal region of coactivator TIF2 to the intrinsically disordered AF1 domain of the glucocorticoid receptor is accompanied by conformational reorganizationsShagufta H Khan
Department of Basic Sciences, The Commonwealth Medical College, Scranton, Pennsylvania 18509, USA
J Biol Chem 287:44546-60. 2012....
- Mineralocorticoid receptor antagonism attenuates cardiac hypertrophy and prevents oxidative stress in uremic ratsLuis Michea
Faculty of Medicine, Universidad Los Andes, S Carlos Apoquindo 2200, Santiago, Chile
Hypertension 52:295-300. 2008..and hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 were the same in the 3 groups, whereas gene expression of the glucocorticoid receptor was significantly diminished in chronic renal failure rats...
- Casted-immobilization downregulates glucocorticoid receptor expression in rat slow-twitch soleus muscleShogo Sato
Laboratory of Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Human Sciences, Waseda University, 2 579 15 Mikajima, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 1192, Japan
Life Sci 89:962-7. 2011Glucocorticoids bind to the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and increase catabolism of muscle proteins via the ubiquitin-proteasome pathway...
- Glucocorticoid receptors are localized to dendritic spines and influence local actin signalingMatiar Jafari
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, 3226 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 1275, USA
Mol Neurobiol 46:304-15. 2012..The present studies tested if the stress-responsive glucocorticoid receptor (GR) is present and regulated within dendritic spines, and influences local signaling to the actin ..
- RSUME enhances glucocorticoid receptor SUMOylation and transcriptional activityJimena Druker
Instituto de Investigación en Biomedicina de Buenos Aires, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mol Cell Biol 33:2116-27. 2013b>Glucocorticoid receptor (GR) activity is modulated by posttranslational modifications, including phosphorylation, ubiquitination, and SUMOylation...
- Metal binding 'finger' structures in the glucocorticoid receptor defined by site-directed mutagenesisY Severne
Institut fur Molekularbiologie II, Universitat Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 7:2503-8. 1988The glucocorticoid receptor and the other members of the steroid receptor super-family share a highly conserved, cysteine-rich region which coincides with the DNA binding/transactivating domain...
- Regulation of glucocorticoid receptor expression: evidence for transcriptional and posttranslational mechanismsY Dong
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge University Hospital, Sweden
Mol Endocrinol 2:1256-64. 1988The mechanism of ligand-induced (homologous) down-regulation of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) has been studied...
- Cloning and sequence analysis of the rat ventral prostate glucocorticoid receptor cDNAC S Chang
Ben May Institute, University of Chicago, IL
Nucleic Acids Res 15:9603. 1987
- Active, interactive, and inactive steroid receptor mutantsR B Lanz
Institut fur Molekularbiologie II der Universitat Zurich, Switzerland
Steroids 59:148-52. 1994In transient co-transfection assays, there is extensive cross-interaction between glucocorticoid receptor (GR) domains...
- Zinc finger mutations that alter domain interactions in the glucocorticoid receptorE Zandi
Institut fur Molekularbiologie II, Universitat Zurich, Switzerland
J Mol Biol 230:124-36. 1993..In the case of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), a weak transactivation function has been described to be adjacent or partly overlapping to the DNA ..
- Novel quantitative trait loci for blood pressure and related traits on rat chromosomes 1, 10, and 18P Kovacs
Department of Laboratory Animal Sciences, Institute of Pathophysiology, University of Greifswald, Karlsburg, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 235:343-8. 1997..10 there was a QTL for blood pressure found between Ppy and Abp and on chromosome 18 there were three regions (Ttr-Grl, Tilp-Gja1, Olf-D18Mit9) with linkage to blood pressure...
- Interaction of the putative androgen receptor-specific coactivator ARA70/ELE1alpha with multiple steroid receptors and identification of an internally deleted ELE1beta isoformP Alen
Division of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Campus Gasthuisberg, University of Leuven, Belgium
Mol Endocrinol 13:117-28. 1999..coactivator that specifically enhances the activity of the androgen receptor (AR) but not that of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), the progesterone receptor, or the estrogen receptor (ER)...
- Receptor interacting protein RIP140 inhibits both positive and negative gene regulation by glucocorticoidsN Subramaniam
Department, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, F60 Novum, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 274:18121-7. 1999..In this report we have studied the effect of RIP140 on gene regulation by the glucocorticoid receptor (GR)...
- A new family of nuclear receptor coregulators that integrate nuclear receptor signaling through CREB-binding proteinM A Mahajan
Division of Clinical and Molecular Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:5048-63. 2000..hNRC binds CREB-binding protein (CBP) with high affinity in vivo, suggesting that hNRC may be an important functional component of a CBP complex involved in mediating the transcriptional effects of nuclear hormone receptors...
- Heterodimerization of mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors at a novel negative response element of the 5-HT1A receptor geneX M Ou
Neuroscience Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:14299-307. 2001..These data represent the first identification of an nMRE/GRE and indicate that heterodimerization of MR and GR mediates direct corticosteroid-induced transrepression of the 5-HT1A receptor promoter...
- Molecular identification and characterization of a and b forms of the glucocorticoid receptorM R Yudt
Laboratory of Signal Transduction National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences National Institutes of Health Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Endocrinol 15:1093-103. 2001The human glucocorticoid receptor (hGRalpha) is a ligand-activated transcription factor that mediates the physiological effects of corticosteroid hormones and is essential for life...
- Ubc9 is a novel modulator of the induction properties of glucocorticoid receptorsSunil Kaul
Steroid Hormones Section, NIDDK Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 277:12541-9. 2002..With high concentrations of Ubc9 and GR, Ubc9 binding to GR appears to be sufficient to permit Ubc9 to act independently of the GME...
- [Changes of GR and HSP70 and their relationships with secondary hepatic damage after severe trauma]Donglin Luo
Daping Hospital Research Institute of Surgery, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 10:231. 2002
- A point mutation of the AF2 transactivation domain of the glucocorticoid receptor disrupts its interaction with steroid receptor coactivator 1Tomas Kucera
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 0615, USA
J Biol Chem 277:26098-102. 2002..increase in hepatic phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase (PEPCK) gene transcription through two low affinity glucocorticoid receptor (GR) binding sites and a complex array of accessory factor DNA elements and associated proteins...
- Mutations flanking the polyglutamine repeat in the modulatory domain of rat glucocorticoid receptor lead to an increase in affinity for hormoneRobert P Heeley
Molecular Medicine Centre, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH4 2XU, UK
Endocr Res 28:217-29. 2002A polyglutamine repeat in the N-terminus of the rat glucocorticoid receptor shows polymorphism, with variants of Q2RQ5, Q2RQ15-21...
- Cytosolic glucocorticoid receptor interaction with nuclear factor-kappa B proteins in rat liver cellsChristina Widén
Department of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institute, Novum, S 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Biochem J 373:211-20. 2003The glucocorticoid receptor (GR) acts as an anti-inflammatory factor. To a large extent, this activity is exerted by the interference of pro-inflammatory nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappa B) activity...
- Amygdala kindling increases fear responses and decreases glucocorticoid receptor mRNA expression in hippocampal regionsLisa E Kalynchuk
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience Institute, Dalhousie University, 1355 Oxford Street, B3H 4J1, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:1225-34. 2003..present experiment, we studied whether the development of kindling-induced fear is related to changes in glucocorticoid receptor (GR) mRNA expression in various brain regions...
- Molecular chaperones function as steroid receptor nuclear mobility factorsCem Elbi
Laboratory of Receptor Biology and Gene Expression, Building 41, Room B602, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 5055, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:2876-81. 2004..Thus, our results provide a description of soluble nuclear mobility factors and furthermore demonstrate a previously unrecognized role for molecular chaperones in the regulation of steroid receptor function within the nucleus...
- Equilibrium interactions of corepressors and coactivators with agonist and antagonist complexes of glucocorticoid receptorsQi Wang
Steriod Hormones Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Endocrinol 18:1376-95. 2004..This modulation provides an attractive mechanism for differential control of gene expression during development, differentiation, homeostasis, and endocrine therapies...
- Arsenic at very low concentrations alters glucocorticoid receptor (GR)-mediated gene activation but not GR-mediated gene repression: complex dose-response effects are closely correlated with levels of activated GR and require a functional GR DNA binding dJack E Bodwell
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 17:1064-76. 2004..We report here that 0.05-1 microM (6-120 ppb) As showed stimulatory effects on glucocorticoid receptor (GR)-mediated gene activation in rat EDR3 hepatoma cells of both the endogenous tyrosine aminotransferase ..
- A pilot study exploring the role of glucocorticoid receptor variants in primary biliary cirrhosis and primary sclerosing cholangitisP C J ter Borg
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Room Ca 326, Erasmus Medical Centre, PO Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 62:326-31. 2004..Most effects of glucocorticoids are mediated by the glucocorticoid receptor (hGR alpha)...
- [Changes in glucocorticoid receptor and heat shock protein 70 in liver tissue after trauma with hemorrhagic shock in rats]Dong Lin Luo
Research Institute of Surgery, Daping Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400042, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 17:651-3. 2005..To investigate changes and functions of glucocorticoid (GR) and heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) at the level of cellular receptor in liver in hemorrhagic shock after trauma...
- Modeling glucocorticoid-mediated fetal lung maturation: II. Temporal patterns of gene expression in fetal rat lungMahesh N Samtani
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo, 14260, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 317:127-38. 2006..Expression of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and surfactant proteins A and B mRNA were chosen as lung maturational markers...
- Individual differences in anxiety trait are related to spatial learning abilities and hippocampal expression of mineralocorticoid receptorsAna I Herrero
Department of Psychobiology, Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia, Juan del Rosal 10, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Neurobiol Learn Mem 86:150-9. 2006..Taken together, this study has generated evidence of a close interaction between the anxiety trait, hippocampal MR expression and the learning abilities of individuals in stressful spatial orientation tasks...
- Importin 13 regulates nuclear import of the glucocorticoid receptor in airway epithelial cellsTao Tao
McGill University Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, PQ, Canada
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:668-80. 2006..We now report on the identification of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) as a cargo substrate for IPO13...
- Morphine conditioned place preference depends on glucocorticoid receptors in both hippocampus and nucleus accumbensZhifang Dong
Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Human Disease Mechanisms, Kunming Institute of Zoology, The Chinese Academy of Sciences, Kunming, People s Republic of China
Hippocampus 16:809-13. 2006..These results demonstrate that both the GRs of hippocampus and NAc are necessary for the formation of morphine CPP, suggesting a neural network function of the GRs in forming the opiate-associated memory...
- Cellular co-localization of protein phosphatase 5 and glucocorticoid receptors in rat brainSandra Rossie
Department of Biochemistry, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Brain Res 1111:1-11. 2006..in complexes with heat shock protein 90 and glucocorticoid receptors and may be a negative modulator of glucocorticoid receptor function...
- Enhanced glucocorticoid receptor signaling in T cells impacts thymocyte apoptosis and adaptive immune responsesJens van den Brandt
Institute for Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Am J Pathol 170:1041-53. 2007..of enhanced glucocorticoid signaling on T cells, we generated transgenic rats overexpressing a mutant glucocorticoid receptor with increased ligand affinity in the thymus...
- Glucocorticoid receptor expression in the cortex of the neonatal rat brain with and without focal cerebral ischemiaBen H Lee
Division of Neonatal Perinatal Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neonatology 91:12-9. 2007..Our aim was to describe GR ontogeny in the developing rat brain cortex and changes in GR expression after permanent neonatal focal cerebral ischemia (FCI)...
- PD98059 enhanced insulin, cytokine, and growth factor activation of xanthine oxidoreductase in epithelial cells involves STAT3 and the glucocorticoid receptorLaura E Roberts
Department of Biochemistry, University of Bath, Bath, UK
J Cell Biochem 101:1567-87. 2007..Activation of the proximal promoter was blocked by inhibitors of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR), p38 MAP kinase, and U0126...
- Alpha glucocorticoid receptor expression in different experimental rat models of acute lung injuryGiuseppina Bertorelli
Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Nefrologia e Scienze della Prevenzione, University of Parma, Italy
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:214-21. 2008..The aim of our study was to evaluate the histologic evidence of inflammatory injury and the GR alpha uptake of resident and inflammatory cells in different experimental models of acute lung injury (ALI)...
- [Effects of electromagnetic irradiation on glucocorticoid in serum and its receptor expression in rat hippocampus]Mao Quan Li
Department of Public Health, Chengdu Medical College, Chengdu, Sichuan Province 610083, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 25:215-9. 2007..To explore the role and mechanism of glucocorticoid (GC) in the harmful bio-effects of electromagnetic irradiation...
- Transcription factors in muscle atrophy caused by blocked neuromuscular transmission and muscle unloading in ratsJenny Nordquist
Department of Neuroscience, Clinical Neurophysiology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Mol Med 13:461-70. 2007..The nuclear levels of the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and the thyroid receptor alpha1 (TRalpha1) were altered and also suggested as potential mediators of ..
- FMS-like tyrosine kinase 3 interacts with the glucocorticoid receptor complex and affects glucocorticoid dependent signalingAbolfazl Asadi
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Division of Medical Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, S 141 86 Stockholm, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 368:569-74. 2008The glucocorticoid receptor (GR) forms part of a multiprotein complex consisting of chaperones and proteins active in glucocorticoid signaling and other pathways...
- Interaction and functional interference of glucocorticoid receptor and SOCS1Michael C Haffner
Division of Medical Biochemistry, Biocenter, Innsbruck Medical University, Fritz Pregl Strasse 3, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
J Biol Chem 283:22089-96. 2008..We observed that glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and SOCS1 form an intracellular complex through an interaction, which required the SH2 domain of ..
- Modulation of transcription parameters in glucocorticoid receptor-mediated repressionYunguang Sun
Steroid Hormones Section, NIDDK CEB, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, United States
Mol Cell Endocrinol 295:59-69. 2008..Collectively, these results suggest that GR-mediated induction and repression share many of the same molecular interactions and that the causes for different levels of gene transcription arise from more distal downstream steps...
- Culture condition and embryonic stage dependent silence of glucocorticoid receptor expression in hippocampal neuronsLin Xiao
Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neurobiology, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangyin Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 111:147-55. 2008..We previously reported that hippocampal neurons from embryonic day 18 (E18) rats showed silence of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expression when cultured in serum-free condition...
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation scanning identifies glucocorticoid receptor binding regions in the proximal promoter of a ubiquitously expressed glucocorticoid target gene in brainSiem van der Laan
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Centre for Drug Research LACDR, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Neurochem 106:2515-23. 2008..These findings were corroborated using the glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expressing Ns-1 PC12 rat cell-line...
- Electroconvulsive stimulations normalizes stress-induced changes in the glucocorticoid receptor and behaviourIda Hageman
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital, Blegdamsvej 9, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Behav Brain Res 196:71-7. 2009..threefold: (1) to study how this particular chronic stress paradigm influences expression of hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor mRNA, (2) to study the effect of previous repeated restraint stress on the behaviours executed in the ..
- Expression of glucocorticoid receptor in the brain of rats during postnatal ontogenyN E Ordyan
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, I P Pavlov Institute of Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 146:176-9. 2008Expression of glucocorticoid receptor protein in the hippocampus and frontal cortex of male and female rats during the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd weeks of life was studied by Western blot hybridization...
- Ligand-based gene expression profiling reveals novel roles of glucocorticoid receptor in cardiac metabolismNoritada Yoshikawa
Division of Clinical Immunology, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, Univ of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E1363-73. 2009..It is known that glucocorticoids and aldosterone are able to bind glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and mineralocorticoid receptor, and these ligand-receptor interactions are redundant...
- Modulation of presynaptic glucocorticoid receptors on glutamate release from rat hippocampal nerve terminalsChia Chuan Wang
Fu Jen Catholic University, Hsin Chuang, Taipei County, Taiwan
Synapse 63:745-51. 2009..3-4 weeks), and then the release of 4-aminopyridine (4AP)-evoked endogenous glutamate and the levels of glucocorticoid receptor (GR) expression from hippocampal nerve terminals were studied...
- Conference Proposal: Ion Channel RegulationSandra Rossie; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DRUGS AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE ADRENERGIC NERVOUS SYSTEMTheodore Slotkin; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Fetal & Adolescent Nicotine Effects on CNS 5HT SystemsTheodore Slotkin; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF CHLORPYRIFOS DEVELOPMENTAL NEUROTOXICITYTheodore Slotkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..Molecular mechanisms of developmental neurotoxicity can be determined and linked to eventual alterations in behavioral performance. ..
- Arsenic Effects on Glucorticoid Receptor ActionJACK BODWELL; Fiscal Year: 2005..This will be important for determining the contribution of these effects to the overall human health effects of arsenic. ..
- Role and Regulation of Protein Phosphatase 5 in BrainSandra Rossie; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, we will define signaling pathways in which protein phosphatase 5 participates in brain to further our understanding of how hormones and neurotransmitters control neuronal function. ..
- Hormone Regulation of Human Anti-HIV Molecules in the Female Reproductive TractJack E Bodwell; Fiscal Year: 2010....