Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Npy
Description: neuropeptide Y
Alias: NPY02, RATNPY, RATNPY02, pro-neuropeptide Y
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of vaspin, chemerin and omentin-1 on feeding behavior and hypothalamic peptide gene expression in the ratLuigi Brunetti
Department of Drug Sciences, G D Annunzio University, Via dei Vestini 31, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Peptides 32:1866-71. 2011..and reverse transcribed to evaluate hypothalamic gene expression of agouti-related peptide (AgRP), neuropeptide Y (NPY), orexin-A, cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART), corticotrophin releasing hormone (CRH) and ..
- Fasting reduces KiSS-1 expression in the anteroventral periventricular nucleus (AVPV): effects of fasting on the expression of KiSS-1 and neuropeptide Y in the AVPV or arcuate nucleus of female ratsT Kalamatianos
Division of Reproduction and Endocrinology, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 20:1089-97. 2008..The latter nucleus also contains neurones that express neuropeptide Y (NPY), an orexigenic peptide implicated in GnRH control...
- Enhanced expressions of mRNA for neuropeptide Y and interleukin 1 beta in hypothalamic arcuate nuclei during adjuvant arthritis-induced anorexia in Lewis ratsAndrea Stofkova
Department of Normal, Pathological, and Clinical Physiology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Neuroimmunomodulation 16:377-84. 2009Food intake is activated by hypothalamic orexigenic neuropeptide Y (NPY), which is mainly under the dual control of leptin and ghrelin...
- The feeding response to melanin-concentrating hormone is attenuated by antagonism of the NPY Y(1)-receptor in the ratChristine L Chaffer
Department of Pharmacology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Endocrinology 143:191-7. 2002Melanin-concentrating hormone (MCH) and NPY are orexigenic peptides localized in the lateral hypothalamic area and arcuate nucleus, respectively...
- Lactogenic and somatogenic hormones regulate the expression of neuropeptide Y and cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript in rat insulinoma (INS-1) cells: interactions with glucose and glucocorticoidsRamamani Arumugam
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Endocrinology 148:258-67. 2007..INS-1 cells express mRNA for neuropeptide Y (NPY) and cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript (CART) but little or no agouti-related peptide or ..
- Neuropeptide Y activates urocortin 1 neurons in the nonpreganglionic Edinger-Westphal nucleusBalazs Gaszner
Department of Anatomy, Medical Faculty, Pécs University and Neurohumoral Regulations Research Group of Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 7643 Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, Hungary
J Comp Neurol 500:708-19. 2007..stress adaptation utilize various neurotransmitters/neuropeptides, such as urocortin 1 (Ucn1) and neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Hypothalamic CART is a new anorectic peptide regulated by leptinP Kristensen
Health Care Discovery, Novo Nordisk, Bagsvaerd, Denmark
Nature 393:72-6. 1998..An antiserum against CART increases feeding in normal rats, indicating that CART may be an endogenous inhibitor of food intake in normal animals...
- Behavioral insensitivity to restraint stress, absent fear suppression of behavior and impaired spatial learning in transgenic rats with hippocampal neuropeptide Y overexpressionA Thorsell
Addiction Center South, Karolinska Institutet, M46, Huddinge Hospital, SE 141 86 Huddinge, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:12852-7. 2000Exogenous neuropeptide Y (NPY) reduces experimental anxiety in a wide range of animal models...
- Chronic administration of neuropeptide Y into the lateral ventricle of C57BL/6J male mice produces an obesity syndrome including hyperphagia, hyperleptinemia, insulin resistance, and hypogonadismP D Raposinho
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, University of Geneva School of Medicine, 1211 Geneva 14, Switzerland
Mol Cell Endocrinol 185:195-204. 2001Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is involved in the central regulation of appetite, sexual behavior, and reproductive function...
- Acute food deprivation and chronic food restriction differentially affect hypothalamic NPY mRNA expressionSheng Bi
Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins Univ School of Medicine, 720 Rutland Ave, Ross 618, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 285:R1030-6. 2003..hypothalamic peptide systems involved in energy homeostasis, we compared patterns of hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY), agouti-related protein (AgRP), proopiomelanocotin (POMC), and leptin receptor gene expression in acutely food-..
- Hypothalamic levels of NPY, MCH, and prepro-orexin mRNA during pregnancy and lactation in the rat: role of prolactinM C Garcia
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, R San Francisco s n, 15782 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
FASEB J 17:1392-400. 2003..the increased feeding in these situations, we measured hypothalamic mRNA levels of three orexigenic neuropeptides--NPY, MCH, and orexins--in nonpregnant, pregnant, and lactating rats by in situ hybridization...
- Decreased cerebrospinal fluid neuropeptide Y (NPY) in patients with treatment refractory unipolar major depression: preliminary evidence for association with preproNPY gene polymorphismMarkus Heilig
Karolinska Institutet, Neurotec Department, Division of Psychiatry, Huddinge University Hospital, M57, SE 141 86, Stockholm, Sweden
J Psychiatr Res 38:113-21. 2004Extensive animal studies suggest neuropeptide Y (NPY) to be involved in coping with a wide range of stressors, and that impaired central NPY signalling could be involved in the pathophysiology of anxiety and depression...
- AAV mediated expression of anti-sense neuropeptide Y cRNA in the arcuate nucleus of rats results in decreased weight gain and food intakeJ V Gardiner
Metabolic Medicine, Hammersmith Campus, Imperial College London, London W12 0NN, UK
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:1088-93. 2005Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is the most potent stimulant of feeding when administered by intracerebroventricular injection...
- Differential effects of recombinant adeno-associated virus-mediated neuropeptide Y overexpression in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus and lateral hypothalamus on feeding behaviorBirgitte Tiesjema
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Pharmacology and Anatomy, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 27:14139-46. 2007It is well known that neuropeptide Y (NPY) increases food intake. The hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) and the lateral hypothalamus (LH) are both involved in the acute, hyperphagic effects of NPY...
- Differential effects of refeeding on melanocortin-responsive neurons in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleusEdith Sanchez
Tupper Research Institute and Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Endocrinology 149:4329-35. 2008..ARC), c-fos immunoreactivity (IR) in the PVN and ARC 2 h after refeeding and hypothalamic TRH, neuropeptide Y (NPY) and agouti-related protein (AGRP) mRNA levels 4, 12, and 24 h after refeeding were studied in Sprague-Dawley rats ..
- Intracerebroventricular administration of neuropeptide Y induces hepatic insulin resistance via sympathetic innervationAnita M van den Hoek
TNO Quality of Life, Gaubius Laboratory, Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetes 57:2304-10. 2008We recently showed that intracerebroventricular infusion of neuropeptide Y (NPY) hampers inhibition of endogenous glucose production (EGP) by insulin in mice...
- The antidepressant effects of running and escitalopram are associated with levels of hippocampal NPY and Y1 receptor but not cell proliferation in a rat model of depressionAstrid Bjørnebekk
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Hippocampus 20:820-8. 2010..treatments: escitalopram, voluntary running, and their combination on hippocampal cell proliferation, NPY and the NPY-Y1 receptor mRNAs, targets assumed to be important for hippocampal plasticity and mood disorders...
- Support for involvement of glutamate decarboxylase 1 and neuropeptide Y in anxiety susceptibilityJonas Donner
Research Programs Unit, Molecular Neurology, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 159:316-27. 2012..0009). We additionally found that SNPs and haplotypes in neuropeptide Y (NPY) modified the effect of childhood adversities on anxiety susceptibility (P = 0.003)...
- Neuropeptide Y: identification of a novel rat mRNA splice-variant that is downregulated in the hippocampus and the prefrontal cortex of a depression-like modelPhilippe A Melas
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Neurogenetics Unit, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Peptides 35:49-55. 2012Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is known to influence emotional processing and decreased NPY levels have been associated with mood and anxiety disorders...
- NPY modulates epinephrine-induced leukocytosis via Y-1 and Y-5 receptor activation in vivo: sympathetic co-transmission during leukocyte mobilizationSammy Bedoui
Department of Functional and Applied Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, 30625 Hanover, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 132:25-33. 2002..Under these circumstances, both epinephrine (EPI) and neuropeptide Y (NPY) are released...
- Role of the C terminus in neuropeptide Y Y1 receptor desensitization and internalizationNicholas D Holliday
Wolfson Centre for Age Relatated Diseases, King s College London, Guy s Campus, 19 Newcomen Street, London Bridge, London SE1 1UL, UK
Mol Pharmacol 67:655-64. 2005We have studied truncation mutants of the rat neuropeptide Y (NPY) Y1 receptor lacking four (Thr361stop, Y1T361*) or eight (Ser352stop, Y1S352*) potential serine/threonine C-terminal phosphorylation sites...
- Sustained NPY overexpression in the PVN results in obesity via temporarily increasing food intakeBirgitte Tiesjema
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1448-50. 2009Increasing neuropeptide Y (NPY) signaling in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) by recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV)-mediated overexpression of NPY in rats, results in hyperphagia and obesity in rats...
- Reduced tissue immigration of monocytes by neuropeptide Y during endotoxemia is associated with Y2 receptor activationHeike Nave
Department of Functional and Applied Anatomy, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Neuroimmunol 155:1-12. 2004Neuropeptide Y (NPY) increases survival in experimental septic shock, which might be mediated by cardiovascular and/or immunological effects...
- Changes in interneuronal phenotypes regulated by estradiol in the adult rat hippocampus: a potential role for neuropeptide YN H Nakamura
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, Box 165, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021 6399, USA
Neuroscience 136:357-69. 2005....
- Contribution of noradrenergic and adrenergic cell groups of the brainstem and agouti-related protein-synthesizing neurons of the arcuate nucleus to neuropeptide-y innervation of corticotropin-releasing hormone neurons in hypothalamic paraventricular nucleTamas Fuzesi
Department of Endocrine Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary
Endocrinology 148:5442-50. 2007..One of the neuronal regulators of CRH neurons is neuropeptide Y (NPY) contained in axons that densely innervate CRH neurons...
- Chronic food restriction differentially affects NPY mRNA level in neurons of the hypothalamus and in neurons that innervate liverElzbieta Sucajtys-Szulc
Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Gdansk, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland
Neurosci Lett 433:174-7. 2008Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is found in neurons of the brain and in the neurons that innervate abdominal organs including liver. Major biological function of hypothalamic NPY is regulation of appetite and body weight homeostasis...
- [Number changes and axonal sprouting of neuropeptide Y interneurons in the hippocampus of pilocarpine-induced rats]Wu Zhiguo
Department of Neurology, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 34:93-8. 2009To investigate the role of neuropeptide Y(NPY) positive interneurons in the generation and compensation of temporal lobe epilepsy.
- Involvement of neuropeptide Y in the acute, chronic and withdrawal responses of morphine in nociception in neuropathic rats: behavioral and neuroanatomical correlatesManoj A Upadhya
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University Campus, Nagpur 440 033, India
Neuropeptides 43:303-14. 2009..Furthermore, opioid antagonist naloxone attenuated the antinociceptive effect of neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Pre-treatment with lidocaine suppresses ectopic discharges and attenuates neuropeptide Y and c-Fos expressions in the rat cuneate nucleus following median nerve transectionChi Te Lin
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Chem Neuroanat 38:47-56. 2009..was to examine the effects of pre-treatment with lidocaine on injury discharges of the nerve, and neuropeptide Y (NPY) and c-Fos expression in the cuneate nucleus (CN) after median nerve transection (MNT)...
- Gene expression in the neuropeptide Y system during ethanol withdrawal kindling in ratsJanne D Olling
Laboratory of Neuropsychiatry, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, University of Copenhagen and University Hospital Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:462-70. 2010..that a single episode of chronic ethanol intoxication and withdrawal causes prominent changes in neuropeptide Y (NPY) and its receptors that have been implicated in regulating withdrawal hyperexcitability...
- Ghrelin effects on neuropeptides in the rat hypothalamus depend on fatty acid metabolism actions on BSX but not on genderRicardo Lage
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria, Santiago de Compostela A Coruña, Spain
FASEB J 24:2670-9. 2010The orexigenic effect of ghrelin is mediated by neuropeptide Y (NPY) and agouti-related protein (AgRP) in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARC)...
- Enhanced neuropeptide Y synthesis during intermittent hypoxia in the rat adrenal medulla: role of reactive oxygen species-dependent alterations in precursor peptide processingGayatri Raghuraman
The Center for Systems Biology of O2 Sensing, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Antioxid Redox Signal 14:1179-90. 2011..Neuropeptide Y (NPY), a sympathetic neurotransmitter that colocalizes with CA in the AM, has been implicated in blood pressure ..
- Changes in neuropeptide Y gene expression in the spinal cord of chronic constrictive injury model rats after electroconvulsive stimulationTadashi Okabe
Department of Anesthesiology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Biomed Res 31:287-92. 2010..hypersensitivity in chronic constrictive injury (CCI) model rats and simultaneously elevated the neuropeptide Y (NPY) expression in the brain of these rats...
- Intracellular nitric oxide mediates neuroproliferative effect of neuropeptide y on postnatal hippocampal precursor cellsAngela Cheung
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Southampton, Southampton SO17 1BJ, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 287:20187-96. 2012Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is widely expressed in the central and peripheral nervous systems and is proliferative for a range of cells types in vitro...
- Serotonergic innervation and serotonin receptor expression of NPY-producing neurons in the rat lateral and basolateral amygdaloid nucleiM Bonn
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wuerzburg, Koellikerstr 6, 97070, Wurzburg, Germany
Brain Struct Funct 218:421-35. 2013..We investigated interrelations between serotonergic afferents and neuropeptide Y (NPY)-producing neurons, which are a subpopulation of inhibitory interneurons in the rat lateral and basolateral nuclei ..
- Comparison of the activation of somatostatin- and neuropeptide Y-containing neuronal populations of the rat amygdala following two different anxiogenic stressorsRyan K Butler
Department of Pharmacology, Physiology and Neuroscience, University of South Carolina School of Medicine, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Exp Neurol 238:52-63. 2012..for dual-labeled immunohistochemistry and counts of c-Fos co-localized with somatostatin (SOM) or neuropeptide Y (NPY) were made in the basolateral (BLA), central (CEA), medial (MEA) nuclei of the amygdala...
- Development of neuropeptide Y-containing neurons in sympathetic ganglia of ratsPetr M Masliukov
Department of Normal Physiology, Yaroslavl State Medical Academy, ul Revolucionnaya, 5, Yaroslavl 150000, Russia
Neuropeptides 46:345-52. 2012Expression of neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the sympathetic ganglia was investigated by immunohistochemistry and tract tracing...
- Neuropeptide Y enhances olfactory mucosa responses to odorant in hungry ratsJulia Negroni
INRA, UR1197 Neurobiologie de l Olfaction et Modélisation en Imagerie, Jouy en Josas, France
PLoS ONE 7:e45266. 2012Neuropeptide Y (NPY) plays an important role in regulating appetite and hunger in vertebrates. In the hypothalamus, NPY stimulates food intake under the control of the nutritional status...
- Possible involvement of neuropeptide Y in photo-induced suppression of growth hormone pulsesAyano Fujisawa
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8757, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 75:275-81. 2013..the GH pulse-generating mechanism is not fully understood, we have previously reported that neuropeptide Y (NPY) profiles in the cerebrospinal fluid were negatively correlated with serum GH pulses...
- The role of neuropeptide Y and aquaporin 4 in the pathogenesis of intestinal dysfunction caused by traumatic brain injuryHubin Duan
Department of Neurosurgery, First Clinical Medical College of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, Shanxi Province, China
J Surg Res 184:1006-12. 2013..Experiments were designed to study the roles of neuropeptide Y (NPY) and aquaporin 4 (AQP4) in the pathogenesis of intestinal dysfunction caused by TBI and to find some new solutions ..
- Down-regulation of hypothalamic pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) expression after weaning is associated with hyperphagia-induced obesity in JCR rats overexpressing neuropeptide YAbdoulaye Diane
Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases Laboratory, Alberta Institute for Human Nutrition, Alberta Diabetes Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Br J Nutr 111:924-32. 2014..To test this hypothesis, in the present study, we measured energy balance and hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY) and pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) mRNA expressions in male JCR:LA-cp rats...
- NPY/Y₁ receptor-mediated vasoconstrictory and proliferative effects in pulmonary hypertensionS Crnkovic
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Lung Vascular Research, Graz, Austria Department of Experimental Anaesthesiology, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Br J Pharmacol 171:3895-907. 2014Pulmonary arteries (PAs) are innervated, but little is known about the role of neuronal axis in pulmonary hypertension (PH). Here, we have examined the role of the neuropeptide Y (NPY) and its Y₁ receptor in PH pathogenesis.
- Diurnal fluctuations in HPA and neuropeptide Y-ergic systems underlie differences in vulnerability to traumatic stress responses at different zeitgeber timesShlomi Cohen
1 Faculty of Health Sciences, Anxiety and Stress Research Unit, Beer Sheva Mental Health Center, Ministry of Health, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel 2 Department of Psychology, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Neuropsychopharmacology 40:774-90. 2015..Immunoreactivity for neuropeptide Y (NPY) and NPY-Y1 receptor (Y1R) in the paraventricular (PVN) and arcuate (ARC) hypothalamic nuclei, hippocampus, and ..
- Neuropeptide Y stimulates autophagy in hypothalamic neuronsCélia A Aveleira
CNC Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, 3004 504 Coimbra, Portugal
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E1642-51. 2015..Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is one of the major neuropeptides present in the hypothalamus, and it has been shown that, in aged animals, the ..
- Neuropeptide Y damages the integrity of mitochondrial structure and disrupts energy metabolism in cultured neonatal rat cardiomyocytesGuochang Luo
Department of Forensic Medicine, Wuhan University School of Basic Medical Science, Wuhan, PR China Department of Basic Medicine, Nanyang Medical College, Henan, PR China
Peptides 71:162-9. 2015Neuropeptide Y (NPY) plays an important role in cardiovascular diseases including stress cardiomyopathy, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, heart failure, diabetic cardiomyopathy, hypertension, and so on...
- Leptin regulates appetite-related neuropeptides in the hypothalamus of developing rats without affecting food intakeKarine Proulx
McGill University, Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Endocrinology 143:4683-92. 2002..We determined whether two appetite-related neuropeptides [neuropeptide Y (NPY) and proopiomelanocortin (POMC)] and food intake behavior are sensitive to leptin [3 mg/kg body weight (BW), ip] in ..
- Fasting-induced increases of arcuate NPY mRNA and plasma corticosterone are blunted in the rat experienced neonatal maternal separationH J Kim
Department of Pharmacology, BK21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Shin Chon Dong, Seo Dae Moon Ku, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neuropeptides 39:587-94. 2005..Rats were sacrificed on PND 60 to examine the gene expression of neuropeptide Y (NPY) and pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC) in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus by mRNA in situ hybridization...
- Fasting enhances the response of arcuate neuropeptide Y-glucose-inhibited neurons to decreased extracellular glucoseBeth Ann Murphy
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C746-56. 2009Fasting increases neuropeptide Y (NPY) expression, peptide levels, and the excitability of NPY-expressing neurons in the hypothalamic arcuate (ARC) nucleus...
- Role of neuropeptide Y and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1α in stress cardiomyopathySunnassee Ananda
Department of Forensic Medicine, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 32:823-8. 2012..peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ coactivator-1alpha (PGC-1α) and the amino peptide neuropeptide Y (NPY) play a role in the pathogenesis of this cardiac entity...
- Renal and cardiac neuropeptide Y and NPY receptors in a rat model of congestive heart failureEan Y Callanan
Dept of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown Univ Medical Center, Box 571460, 3900 Reservoir Rd NW, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F1811-7. 2007Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is coreleased with norepinephrine and stimulates vasoconstriction, vascular and cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via Y1 receptors (R) and angiogenesis via Y2R...
- Neuropeptide Y is analgesic in rats after plantar incisionSuraj M Yalamuri
Department of Anesthesia, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, 6 JCP Iowa City, IA 52242, United States of America
Eur J Pharmacol 698:206-12. 2013Previous work has demonstrated that neuropeptide tyrosine (NPY), Y(1) receptor and Y(2) receptor are critical in modulation of pain after nerve injury. We hypothesized that NPY was important for nociception after surgical incision...
- Differential susceptibility of interneurons expressing neuropeptide Y or parvalbumin in the aged hippocampus to acute seizure activityRamkumar Kuruba
Medical Research and Surgery Services, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24493. 2011..this issue by comparing the survival of hippocampal GABA-ergic interneurons that contain the neuropeptide Y (NPY) or the calcium binding protein parvalbumin (PV) between young adult (5-months old) and aged (22-months old) F344 ..
- [Effects of scorpion venom heat-resistant protein on kainic acid induced-damage of cultured primitive rat hippocampal neuropeptide Y-nergic neurons]Yan hui Feng
Department of Physiology, Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116027, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 23:315-8. 2007..To investigate the effects of scorpion venom heat-resistant protein (SVHRP) on kainic acid induced-damage of cultured primitive rat hippocampal neuropeptide Y-nergic neurons...
- NPY suppressed development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in Dark Agouti rats by disrupting costimulatory molecule interactionsMirjana Dimitrijević
Institute of Virology, Vaccines and Sera, Torlak, Immunology Research Center Branislav Jankovic, Vojvode Stepe 458, 11152 Belgrade, Serbia
J Neuroimmunol 245:23-31. 2012Neuropeptide Y (NPY) suppressed clinical experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) and reduced numbers of CD28+, CD11b+ and CD80+ cells among spinal cord infiltrating cells at the peak of disease in Dark Agouti rat strain...
- Neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the extended amygdala is recruited during the transition to alcohol dependenceNicholas W Gilpin
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, United States
Neuropeptides 46:253-9. 2012Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is abundant in the extended amygdala, a conceptual macrostructure in the basal forebrain important for regulation of negative affective states...
- Quantitative trait locus for body weight identified on rat chromosome 4 in inbred alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring rats: potential implications for neuropeptide Y and corticotrophin releasing hormone 2John Paul Spence
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Institute of Psychiatric Research, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Alcohol 47:63-7. 2013..the QTL interval was further narrowed identifying the following candidate genes of interest: neuropeptide Y (Npy), juxtaposed with another zinc finger gene 1 (Jazf1), corticotrophin releasing factor receptor 2 (Crfr2) and LanC ..
- Molecular structure of mammalian neuropeptide Y: analysis by molecular cloning and computer-aided comparison with crystal structure of avian homologueJ Allen
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 84:2532-6. 1987..The model has been used to identify amino acids residing in key positions within this structure and, thereby, to direct future analysis of neuropeptide Y structure-function relationships...
- Isolation and sequence of rat peptide YY and neuropeptide YR Corder
Department of Medicine, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Regul Pept 21:253-61. 1988..Immunoreactivity was identified using a combination of 3 NPY immunoassays which exhibit differing cross-reactivities for PYY (90%, less than 0.01% and 30% respectively)...
- A biometrical genome search in rats reveals the multigenic basis of blood pressure variationN J Schork
Department of Genetics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4955, USA
Genome Res 5:164-72. 1995..e., breeding paradigm and model organism)...
- The SK-N-MC cell line expresses an orexin binding site different from recombinant orexin 1-type receptorHeike A Wieland
Division of Preclinical Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Biberach, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:1128-35. 2002..Amino acid prediction of this A -->G change results in an isoleucine --> valine substitution at the protein level, which may provide evidence for an editing process...
- Increased hypothalamic neuropeptide Y expression in deprived preweanling rats is reversed by intragastric infusion of milkTimothy J Kowalski
E W Bourne Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
Physiol Behav 75:425-32. 2002Lean, preweanling Zucker rat pups increase neuropeptide Y (NPY) expression in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus in response to a 24-h deprivation of food, water, and maternal interaction as early as postnatal day 2 (P2)...
- Distribution and synaptic connectivity of neuropeptide Y-immunoreactive amacrine cells in the rat retinaSu Ja Oh
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul 137 701, Korea
J Comp Neurol 446:219-34. 2002Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a potent bioactive peptide that is widely expressed in the nervous system, including the retina...
- Extracellular levels of NPY in the dorsal hippocampus of freely moving rats are markedly elevated following a single electroconvulsive stimulation, irrespective of anticonvulsive Y1 receptor blockadeHenriette Husum
Institution of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 17177, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuropeptides 36:363-9. 2002Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has been proposed to play a role in the pathophysiology of depression and also to act as an endogenous anticonvulsant...
- Stimulation of NPY Y2 receptors by PYY3-36 reveals divergent cardiovascular effects of endogenous NPY in rats on different dietary regimensUlrich Nordheim
Applied Pharmacology, Biozentrum, Pharmazentrum, University of Basel, CH 4056 Basel, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R138-42. 2004In the present experiments the gut hormone peptide YY3-36 (PYY3-36), which inhibits neuropeptide Y (NPY) release, was used as a tool to study the cardiovascular effects of endogenous NPY under different dietary regimens in rats ..
- Neuropeptide Y induces cardiomyocyte hypertrophy via calcineurin signaling in ratsMinsheng Chen
Department of Cardiology, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College, Chang Gang East Road No 250, Guangzhou 510260, PR China
Regul Pept 125:9-15. 2005Neuropeptide Y (NPY) has been shown to participate in cardiac hypertrophy. However, the mechanisms by which NPY induces cardiomyocyte hypertrophy are poorly understood...
- Involvement of hypothalamic neuropeptide Y in regulating the amphetamine-induced appetite suppression in streptozotocin diabetic ratsDong Yih Kuo
Department of Physiology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 40201, Taiwan, ROC
Regul Pept 127:19-26. 2005..In normal rats, AMPH-induced anorexia has been attributed to its inhibitory action on hypothalamic neuropeptide Y (NPY), an appetite stimulant in the brain...
- Transcellular induction of neuropeptide Y expression by NT4 and BDNFMarcus J Wirth
AG Entwicklungsneurobiologie, Fakultat fur Biologie, Ruhr Universitat, ND 6 72, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3064-9. 2005..explant of thalamocortical cocultures rapidly evoked a Trk receptor-dependent upregulation of neuropeptide Y (NPY) mRNA in interneurons...
- Effect of polymorphism on expression of the neuropeptide Y gene in inbred alcohol-preferring and -nonpreferring ratsJ P Spence
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Medical Research and Library Building, Room 407, 975 West Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Neuroscience 131:871-6. 2005Using animal models of alcoholism, previous studies suggest that neuropeptide Y (NPY) may be implicated in alcohol preference and consumption due to its role in the modulation of feeding and anxiety...
- Leu7Pro polymorphism in the neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene is associated with impaired glucose tolerance and type 2 diabetes in Swedish menS Nordman
Diabetes Center Karolinska, Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 113:282-7. 2005The neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a neuropeptide with a role in the regulation of satiety and energy balance of body weight, insulin release, cardiovascular and central endocrine systems...
- Chronic stress induces rapid occlusion of angioplasty-injured rat carotid artery by activating neuropeptide Y and its Y1 receptorsLijun Li
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:2075-80. 2005We reported previously that neuropeptide Y (NPY) induces an atherosclerotic-like lesion that is significantly reduced by NPY-Y1 and NPY-Y5 receptor (R) inhibitors...
- Alterations in striatal neuropeptide Y system activity of rats with haloperidol-induced behavioral supersensitivityE Obuchowicz
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Silesian University School of Medicine, Medykow 18 Street, 40 752 Katowice, Poland
Neuropeptides 39:515-23. 2005..p.) for 14 days is associated with the alterations in activity of neuropeptide Y (NPY) system in the striatum (caudate-putamen) and nucleus accumbens...
- Central neuropeptide Y induces proximal stomach relaxation via Y1 receptors in the dorsal vagal complex of the ratMotoi Kobashi
Department of Oral Physiology, Okayama University, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R290-7. 2006Effects of neuropeptide Y (NPY) on motility of the proximal stomach was examined in anesthetized rats. Intragastric pressure was measured using a balloon situated in the proximal part of the stomach...
- Neuroendocrine stress but not feeding responses to centrally administered neuropeptide Y are suppressed in pregnant ratsPaula J Brunton
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Hugh Robson Building, George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, Scotland, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 147:3737-45. 2006Metabolic peptides such as orexin and neuropeptide Y (NPY) exert profound effects on feeding but also act centrally to stimulate the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis...
- Differences in the appetite-stimulating effect of orexin, neuropeptide Y and ghrelin among young, adult and old ratsSaeko Akimoto-Takano
Department of Clinical Physiology, Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Gerontology, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroendocrinology 82:256-63. 2005..The appetite-stimulating peptides orexin A, neuropeptide Y (NPY) and ghrelin are known to play a critical role in food intake...
- Expression of PACAP receptor mRNAs by neuropeptide Y neurons in the rat arcuate nucleusLourdes Mounien
INSERM U413, Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Neuroendocrinology, European Institute for Peptide Research IFRMP 23, University of Rouen, 76821 Mont Saint Aignan, France
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1070:457-61. 2006Neuropeptide Y (NPY) and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) exert opposite actions in energy homeostasis: NPY is a potent orexigenic peptide whereas PACAP reduces food intake...
- Hypothalamic and hindbrain NPY, AGRP and NE increase consummatory feeding responsesKelli Taylor
Programs in Neuroscience, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6520, United States
Physiol Behav 90:744-50. 2007..In the present study, we administered neuropeptide Y (NPY), agouti-related protein (AGRP) and norepinephrine (NE), into the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus (PVN) ..
- Short-term cold exposure may cause a local decrease of neuropeptide Y in the rat hypothalamusJoong Jean Park
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Mol Cells 23:88-93. 2007Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is an orexigenic and hypothermic peptide. To understand its role in hypothermic conditions, male rats were placed in a 24 degrees C or 4 degrees C air chamber for 1.5 h...
- Reduced expression of the KATP channel subunit, Kir6.2, is associated with decreased expression of neuropeptide Y and agouti-related protein in the hypothalami of Zucker diabetic fatty ratsA Gyte
Faculties of Life Sciences and Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 19:941-51. 2007..The hypothalamic neuropeptides, pro-opiomelanocortin (POMC), neuropeptide Y (NPY) and agouti-related protein (AGRP) are central to the regulation of food intake and have been implicated in glucose ..
- TH and NPY in sympathetic neurovascular cultures: role of LIF and NT-3Deborah H Damon
Dept of Pharmacology, Univ of Vermont, 89 Beaumont Ave, Given Bldg, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C306-12. 2008..The effects of rat aortic and tail artery VSM (AVSM and TAVSM, respectively) on neuropeptide Y (NPY) and tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) were assessed in cultures of dissociated sympathetic neurons...
- Glucocorticoids increase neuropeptide Y and agouti-related peptide gene expression via adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase signaling in the arcuate nucleus of ratsHiroshi Shimizu
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Endocrinology 149:4544-53. 2008..in previous studies that glucocorticoids play a permissive role in the regulation of orexigenic neuropeptide Y (Npy) gene expression in the arcuate nucleus...
- Leptin regulated calcium channels of neuropeptide Y and proopiomelanocortin neurons by activation of different signal pathwaysJ H Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Neuroscience 156:89-98. 2008..hormone leptin regulates food intake and body weight in part by modulating the activity of neuropeptide Y (NPY) and proopiomelanocortin (POMC) neurons in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus (ARC)...
- Direct and indirect modulation of neuropeptide Y gene expression in response to hypoglycemia in rat arcuate nucleusMinemori Watanabe
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
FEBS Lett 582:3632-8. 2008Expression of neuropeptide Y (Npy) heteronuclear (hn) RNA, an indicator of gene transcription, was significantly increased in the arcuate nucleus of rats 30min after insulin injection...
- Leptin transiently antagonizes ghrelin and long-lastingly orexin in regulation of Ca2+ signaling in neuropeptide Y neurons of the arcuate nucleusDaisuke Kohno
Division of Integrative Physiology, Department of Physiology, Jichi Medical University, School of Medicine, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 14:6347-54. 2008To explore the mechanism for interactions of leptin with ghrelin and orexin in the arcuate nucleus (ARC) activating neuropeptide Y (NPY) neurons during physiological regulation of feeding.
- Central and peripheral effects of chronic food restriction and weight restoration in the ratKimberly P Kinzig
Ingestive Behavior Research Center, Department of Psychological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 296:E282-90. 2009..mRNA expression levels for proopiomelanocortin (POMC), agouti-related protein (AgRP), and neuropeptide Y (NPY) revealed significantly less POMC mRNA expression in CR and PR rats, and significantly less arcuate NPY mRNA in PR ..
- The role of neuropeptide Y in the expression and extinction of fear-potentiated startleAlisa R Gutman
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine and Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
J Neurosci 28:12682-90. 2008..are a promising target for novel treatments for anxiety and other psychiatric disorders and neuropeptide Y (NPY) has emerged as a key component of anxiolytic circuits in the brain...
- Neuropeptide Y and CGRP concentrations in the rat tail artery: Effects of age and two types of diabetesJ F B Morrison
Department of Physiology, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Peptides 30:710-4. 2009The changes in concentrations of two neuropeptides, neuropeptide Y (NPY) and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) in different segments of the rat tail artery have been investigated (a) after 12 and 16 weeks of streptozotocin (STZ)-..
- Messenger RNA for neuropeptide Y in the arcuate nucleus increases in parallel with plasma adrenocorticotropin during sepsis in the ratDrew E Carlson
Department of Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neurosci Lett 452:146-50. 2009..Neuropeptide Y (NPY) in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus is upregulated by several stressors and is stimulatory to feeding...
- Divergent regulation of hypothalamic neuropeptide Y and agouti-related protein by photoperiod in F344 rats with differential food intake and growthA W Ross
University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, Bucksburn, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Neuroendocrinol 21:610-9. 2009..In F344/N rats, marked, but opposite, changes in the genes for neuropeptide Y (NPY) (+97.5%) and agouti-related protein (AgRP) (-39...
- Activation of hypothalamic NPY, AgRP, MC4R, AND IL-6 mRNA levels in young Lewis rats with early-life diet-induced obesityA Stofkova
Department of Normal, Pathological and Clinical Physiology, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ke Karlovu 4, 120 00 Prague, Czech Republic
Endocr Regul 43:99-106. 2009..The aim of this work was to study the early-life diet-induced obesity in Lewis rats which are known to be highly susceptible to autoimmunity...
- Topography and time course of changes in spinal neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity after spared nerve injuryA B Intondi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Neuroscience 165:914-22. 2010..method to precisely localize and efficiently quantify increases in neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity (NPY-ir) along the mediolateral axis of the L4 dorsal horn (DH) following transection of either the tibial and common ..
- Neuropeptide Y functions as a facilitator of GDNF-induced budding of the Wolffian ductYohan Choi
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0693, USA
Development 136:4213-24. 2009..These included the GDNF co-receptors GFRalpha1 and RET, as well as neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Changes in NPY and POMC, but not serotonin transporter, following a restricted feeding/repletion protocol in ratsNuria Lauzurica
Unidad de Cartografía Cerebral, Instituto Pluridisciplinar, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Brain Res 1313:103-12. 2010..to other messengers involved in eating behaviour, in the presence of low plasma leptin levels, an increase in NPY expression and a parallel decrease in POMC expression were observed in the hypothalamic arcuate nucleus of rats ..
- Neuropeptide Y gene polymorphisms are not associated with obesity in a South Indian populationL V K S Bhaskar
1 Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India 2 Department of Biomedical Sciences, Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai, India
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:868-72. 2010Neuropeptide Y (NPY) gene has been shown to have a critical role in the regulation of satiety, reproduction, central endocrine and cardiovascular systems...
- Gestational 30% and 40% fat diets increase brain GLUT2 and neuropeptide Y immunoreactivity in neonatal Wistar ratsMarlon E Cerf
Diabetes Discovery Platform, South African Medical Research Council, PO Box 19070, Tygerberg, 7505, Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:625-30. 2010....
- The α2-adrenoceptors do not modify the activity of tyrosine hydroxylase, corticoliberine, and neuropeptide Y producing hypothalamic magnocellular neurons ion the Long Evans and Brattleboro ratsJ Bundzikova
Laboratory of Functional Neuromorphology, Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
J Physiol Pharmacol 61:391-8. 2010..In this study, tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), corticoliberine (CRH), and neuropeptide Y(NPY) magnocellular phenotypes, were analysed in response to alpha(2)-adrenoceptor manipulations and sustained ..
- Quantitative study of NPY-expressing GABAergic neurons and axons in rat spinal dorsal hornErika Polgár
Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G128QQ, UK
J Comp Neurol 519:1007-23. 2011Between 25-40% of neurons in laminae I-III are GABAergic, and some of these express neuropeptide Y (NPY)...
- Systematic polymorphism discovery after genome-wide identification of potential susceptibility loci in a hereditary rodent model of human hypertensionRyan S Friese
Department of Bioengineering, University of California at San Diego, USA
Blood Press 20:222-31. 2011..electron transferring flavoprotein dehydrogenase [Etfdh], endothelin receptor type B [Ednrb], neuropeptide Y [Npy] and phenylethanolamine-N-methyltransferase [Pnmt]), and then discovered polymorphism in four of these seven ..
- Changes in the responsiveness of serum leptin and hypothalamic neuropeptide Y mRNA levels to food deprivation in developing ratsTakeshi Iwasa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Institute of Health Biosciences, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Int J Dev Neurosci 29:377-80. 2011Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is an important orexigenic peptide that acts in the brain. The increase in hypothalamic NPY mRNA expression induced by fasting is mainly caused by a decrease in the effects of leptin...
- Intraperitoneal injection of neuropeptide Y (NPY) alters neurotrophin rat hypothalamic levels: Implications for NPY potential role in stress-related disordersFrancesca Gelfo
IRCCS Santa Lucia Foundation, Department of Clinical and Behavioral Neurology, 00179 Rome, Italy
Peptides 32:1320-3. 2011Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is a 36-amino acid peptide which exerts several regulatory actions within peripheral and central nervous systems...
- Proliferative hypothalamic neurospheres express NPY, AGRP, POMC, CART and Orexin-A and differentiate to functional neuronsLígia Sousa-Ferreira
Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
PLoS ONE 6:e19745. 2011..cells from rat embryos grow as floating neurospheres and express the feeding-related neuropeptides Neuropeptide Y (NPY), Agouti-related Protein (AGRP), Pro-OpioMelanocortin (POMC), Cocaine-and-Amphetamine Responsive Transcript (CART) ..
- Neuropeptide y and neuropeptide y y5 receptor interaction restores impaired growth potential of aging bone marrow stromal cellsKoichi Igura
Department of Pathology and Laboratory of Medicine, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Rejuvenation Res 14:393-403. 2011Abstract improved growth characteristics of the aging bone marrow cells subsequent to neuropeptide Y (NPY)/neuropeptide Y Y5 receptor (NPY Y5R) ligand-receptor interaction...
- LEPTIN ACTION ON HYPOTHALAMIC PEPTIDES GOVERNING FEEDINGAbhiram Sahu; Fiscal Year: 2001..A simple hypothesis that alterations in the secretion and actions of a model orexigenic, neuropeptide Y (NPY), and anorectic, neurotensin (NT), peptide underlies the resistance to leptin's satiety action will be tested...
- TRANSGENIC STUDY VASCULAR ROLE OF NEUROPEPTIDE YMichael Michalkiewicz; Fiscal Year: 2002Neuropeptide Y (NPY) with its multiple receptor subtypes is emerging as an important sympathetic regulator of cardiovascular and metabolic functions...
- Microscopic Quantitative Mapping Ion Flux in Rat BrainKaren Briski; Fiscal Year: 2003..This research will significantly advance current understanding of the cellular and molecular bases linking neuronal energetics with homeostatic regulation of glucose availability. ..
- Caudal Brain Stem Lactate Availability Regulates FeedingKaren Briski; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Vascular/sympathetic interactionsDEBORAH DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Neuropeptide Y (NPY) is one such neuropeptide. In blood vessels, NPY is a constrictor and a mitogen for vascular smooth muscle (VSM)...
- Individual Differences in Anxiety: Neuropeptide-YSTEFANY PRIMEAUX; Fiscal Year: 2004The proposed experiments will investigate individual differences in anxiety and the role of neuropeptide Y (NPY) in these differences. In addition, the relationship of NPY to anxiety and the anxiolytic and sedative effects of ethanol...
- Dorsomedial Hypothalamic Pathways and Energy BalanceSheng Bi; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed experiments will focus on leptin, Neuropeptide Y (NPY), melanocortin, corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and cholecystokinin (CCK) systems, and assess their possible ..
- Mechanisms of Leptin Signaling in the HypothalamusAbhiram Sahu; Fiscal Year: 2007..RNAse protection assays and in situ hybridization will be used to examine changes in PDE3B, NPY, MCH, GAL, Orexin, POMC and NT gene expression...
- Vascular determinants of sympathetic innervationDEBORAH DAMON; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Dorsomedial Hypothalamic Signaling Pathways and Energy BalanceSheng Bi; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed experiments focus on the actions of DMH neuropeptide Y (NPY) and corticotrophin releasing factor (CRF)...