Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nos3
Description: nitric oxide synthase 3
Alias: eNos, nitric oxide synthase, endothelial, EC-NOS, NOS type III, NOSIII, cNOS, constitutive NOS, endothelial NOS, endothelial nitric oxide synthase 3, nitric oxide synthase 3, endothelial cell
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Nitric oxide protects mast cells from activation-induced cell death: the role of the phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase-Akt-endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathwayToshio Inoue
Division of Molecular Cell Immunology and Allergology, Advanced Medical Research Center, Nihon University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 30 1 Oyaguchikami cho Itabashi ku, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 83:1218-29. 2008..The NO production required an aggregation of FcepsilonRI and was accompanied by increased phosphorylation of endothelial NOS (eNOS) at Ser1177 and Akt at Ser473...
- Regulation of Sertoli cell tight junction dynamics in the rat testis via the nitric oxide synthase/soluble guanylate cyclase/3',5'-cyclic guanosine monophosphate/protein kinase G signaling pathway: an in vitro studyNikki P Y Lee
Population Council, Center for Biomedical Research, 1230 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Endocrinology 144:3114-29. 2003..Although inducible NOS (iNOS) and endothelial NOS (eNOS) are found in the testis and have been implicated in the regulation of spermatogenesis, their role(s) ..
- Nitric oxide synthase 3-mediated neurodegeneration after intracerebral gene deliverySuzanne M de la Monte
Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:272-83. 2007In Alzheimer disease (AD), increased nitric oxide synthase 3 (NOS3) expression correlates with apoptosis in cortical neurons and colocalizes with amyloid precursor protein (APP)-amyloid beta (Abeta) deposits in the brain...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene is positively associated with essential hypertensionY Miyamoto
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Hypertension 32:3-8. 1998..including findings of elevation of arterial blood pressure in mice lacking the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene, strongly suggests that alteration in NO metabolism is implicated in hypertension...
- Downregulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in rat aorta after prolonged hypoxia in vivoM Toporsian
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Res 86:671-5. 2000The goal of this study was to determine whether hypoxia alters expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in the systemic circulation. Rats breathed either air or 10% oxygen for 12 hours, 48 hours, or 7 days...
- eNOS4 polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase predicts risk for severe diabetic retinopathyM J Taverna
INSERM U 341, Department of Diabetology and Ophthalmo Diabetology Unit, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Diabet Med 19:240-5. 2002..Increased nitric oxide generation has been suggested to play a significant role in the pathogenesis of DR...
- Differential expression of alpha2D-adrenoceptor and eNOS in aortas from early and later stages of diabetes in Goto-Kakizaki ratsTsuneo Kobayashi
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H135-43. 2004..We also evaluated the aortic expression of the alpha(2D)-adrenoceptor and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS). Vascular reactivity was assessed in thoracic aortas from age-matched control rats and 12- and 36-wk GK rats...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene is associated with diabetic macular edema in type 2 diabetesTakuya Awata
The Fourth Department of Medicine, Saitama Medical School, 38 Morohongo, Moroyama, Iruma gun, Saitama, 350 0495, Japan
Diabetes Care 27:2184-90. 2004We examined the endothelial nitric oxide (eNOS) gene polymorphisms to assess its possible association with diabetic retinopathy and macular edema.
- The T-786C and C774T endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms independently affect the onset pattern of severe diabetic retinopathyMariano J Taverna
INSERM U 341, Department of Diabetology, Hotel Dieu Hospital, Paris, France
Nitric Oxide 13:88-92. 2005..Recently, we reported a strong association between the eNOS4b/a endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) polymorphism and severe DR...
- Novel allele of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphism in Caucasian asthmaticsKrishna Yanamandra
Department of Pediatrics, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 335:545-9. 2005The purpose of the present study was to investigate an association of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene polymorphism with asthma...
- Evidence for association of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in subjects with glaucoma and a history of migraineJoanne F J Logan
Department of Ophthalmology, The Royal Group of Hospitals, Belfast, N Ireland, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3221-6. 2005..The candidate genes were the two isoforms of nitric oxide synthase (NOS), NOS3 and -2A, and endothelin (ET)-l. The frequency of the T786C mutation in NOS3 was also examined.
- Effect of adenovirus-mediated gene transfer of nitric oxide synthase on vascular reactivity of rat isolated pulmonary arteriesLeifu Jiang
Department of Pneumology, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Pflugers Arch 452:213-21. 2006Aerosol gene transfer of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and inducible NOS (iNOS) to rat lungs increased NOS expression and activity, and prevented hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstriction (HPV) in vivo...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase genotype and haplotype are not associated with diabetic retinopathy in diabetes type 2 patientsRoger W C de Syllos
Department of Pharmacology, State University of Campinas, 13081 970, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nitric Oxide 15:417-22. 2006Polymorphisms in the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene have been associated with the development of diabetic retinopathy (DR) in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM), but not with T2DM...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms in non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathyTsutomu Sakai
Department of Ophthalmology, Jikei University School of Medicine, 3 25 8 Nishishinbashi, Minato ku, Tokyo, 105 8461, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 245:288-92. 2007To examine the association between the polymorphisms of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene and the occurrence of non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
- Key role of the NO-pathway and matrix metalloprotease-9 in high blood flow-induced remodeling of rat resistance arteriesOdile Dumont
UMR CNRS 6214 Inserm 771, Faculte de Medecine, Universite d Angers, 49045 Angers, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:317-24. 2007..We hypothesized that the NO pathway and matrix metalloproteases (MMPs) activation might play a role in flow (shear stress)-induced microvascular remodeling...
- Receptor-mediated activation of nitric oxide synthesis by arginine in endothelial cellsMahesh S Joshi
Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:9982-7. 2007..evidence for binding of arginine to membrane receptor(s), leading to the activation of endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) NO production through a second messenger pathway...
- Activation of the PDK-1/Akt/eNOS pathway involved in aortic endothelial function differs between hyperinsulinemic and insulin-deficient diabetic ratsTsuneo Kobayashi
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H1767-75. 2009..In the diabetic group, various insulin-stimulated levels (nitric oxide production, phosphorylation of endothelial NOS at Ser(1177), of Akt at Thr(308), and of PDK-1 at Ser(241)) were significantly increased, whereas, in the HI-..
- Association of eNOS and HSP70 gene polymorphisms with glaucoma in Pakistani cohortsHumaira Ayub
Department of Biosciences, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
Mol Vis 16:18-25. 2010To investigate the involvement of stress-regulating genes, endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and heat shock protein 70 (HSP70) with primary open angle glaucoma (POAG) and primary closed angle glaucoma (PCAG).
- Diabetic eNOS-knockout mice develop accelerated retinopathyQiuhong Li
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0284, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:5240-6. 2010Dysfunction of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) has been implicated in the pathogenesis of diabetic vascular complications...
- Activation of protein kinase B/Akt and endothelial nitric oxide synthase mediates agmatine-induced endothelium-dependent relaxationAnantha Vijay R Santhanam
Department of Anesthesiology, and Molecular Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 572:189-96. 2007..increased protein expression of phosphorylated S473-Akt and phosphorylated S1177-endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), and elevated the levels of cyclic GMP (P<0.01)...
- Nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) and contractile responsiveness to adrenergic and cholinergic agonists in the heart. Regulation of NOS3 transcription in vitro and in vivo by cyclic adenosine monophosphate in rat cardiac myocytesL Belhassen
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 97:1908-15. 1996..express the nitric oxide synthase isoform originally identified in constitutive nitric oxide synthase cells (NOS3), which mediates the attenuation by muscarinic cholinergic agonists of beta-adrenergic stimulation of L-type ..
- Association analysis of CA repeat polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene with essential hypertension in JapaneseT Nakayama
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Genet 51:26-30. 1997..the possible association between the alleles of simple tandem repeat DNA polymorphism of the endothelial constitutive NOS (cNOS) gene and EH in Japanese subjects...
- Association of the nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphism with an increased risk for progression to diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetesS Neugebauer
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 49:500-3. 2000..These results imply that the ecNOS gene polymorphism may be associated with progression to diabetic nephropathy in Japanese type 2 diabetic patients...
- Role of cardiac eNOS expression during pregnancy in the coupling of myocardial oxygen consumption to cardiac workAxel Linke
New York Medical College, Department of Physiology, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 283:H1208-14. 2002..Left ventricular endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) protein expression was determined by immunoblotting...
- Downregulation of nitric oxide synthase in nephrotic syndrome: role of proteinuriaZhenmin Ni
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Departments of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92868, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1638:129-37. 2003..Urinary excretion of Na and NO metabolites (NOx), as well as immunodetectable endothelial (eNOS), inducible (iNOS) and neuronal (nNOS) NO synthases were determined in rats with puromycin aminonucleoside (PAN)-..
- Polymorphisms in the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene are associated with Behçet's diseaseJ A Karasneh
ARC Epidemiology Unit, Stopford Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:614-7. 2005..This study investigated the association of the endothelial NO Synthase (eNOS) gene polymorphisms with BD.
- Hyperhomocysteinemia, endothelial nitric oxide synthase polymorphism, and risk of coronary artery diseaseMohsen Kerkeni
Research Unit 03 UR 08 14, Faculty of Pharmacy, Monastir, Tunisia
Clin Chem 52:53-8. 2006..The G894T variant of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) was postulated to be associated with hyperhomocysteinemia and could influence individual susceptibility to CAD...
- Endothelial NO synthase activity in nucleus tractus solitarii contributes to hypertension in spontaneously hypertensive ratsHidefumi Waki
Department of Physiology, Bristol Heart Institute, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom
Hypertension 48:644-50. 2006..Based on previous data, we hypothesized that overactivity of endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) within the nucleus tractus solitarii (NTS) could contribute to the hypertension in the spontaneously hypertensive ..
- Reperfusion liver injury induces down-regulation of eNOS and up-regulation of iNOS in lung tissuesH I Lin
Department of Medicine, Catholic Cardinal Tien Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Transplant Proc 38:2203-6. 2006..Acute lung injury and inflammation can occur after hepatic ischemia/reperfusion (I/R). Little is known regarding the possible role of nitric oxide synthase expression in this complex type of lung injury...
- Neoangiogenesis and the presence of progenitor cells in the venous limb of an arteriovenous fistula in the ratNoel M Caplice
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St, SW, Guggenheim 542, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F470-5. 2007..of calponin, or an endothelial phenotype as reflected by expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS). Western analysis confirmed upregulation of eNOS in the venous limb of the AV fistula...
- Direct effects of lead (Pb2+) on the relaxation of in vitro cultured rat aorta to acetylcholineLe Feng Zhang
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, PR China
Toxicol Lett 170:104-10. 2007..The expression of endothelial NOS (eNOS) and isoform NOS (iNOS) in the homogenate of aortic rings cultured for 24h was measured by Western blot...
- Time-related changes in constitutive and inducible nitric oxide synthases in the rat striatum in a model of Huntington's diseasePenelope Aguilera
Laboratorio de Patología Vascular Cerebral, Instituto Nacional de Neurologia y Neurocirugia Manuel Velasco Suarez, Mexico, DF 14269, Mexico
Neurotoxicology 28:1200-7. 2007..Ca(2+)-independent activity (iNOS) did not show any change, while Ca(2+)-dependent activity (constitutive NOS: eNOS/nNOS) exhibited increased levels at 3h...
- Propofol reduces nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in testicular ischemia-reperfusion injury by downregulating the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthaseH Yagmurdur
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, The Ministry of Health Ankara Research and Training Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:350-7. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the underlying mechanisms in the preventive effects of intravenous anesthetics on testicular ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene T-786C and 27-bp repeat gene polymorphisms in retinopathy of prematurityKrisztina Rusai
Research Laboratory of Pediatrics and Nephrology, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Mol Vis 14:286-90. 2008..Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is believed to play a central role in both retinal angiogenesis and vasculogenesis...
- Haplotype analysis of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene in asthmaLydie Izakovicova Holla
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Hum Immunol 69:306-13. 2008..001, p(corr) < 0.05, odds ratio = 0.58, 95% confidence interval = 0.46-0.73). These findings suggest that endothelial NOS variants may be one of the factors participating in protection or susceptibility to asthma in our population.
- Dietary salt activates an endothelial proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2/c-Src/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex to promote endothelial nitric oxide synthase phosphorylationWei Zhong Ying
Division of Nephrology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0007, USA
Hypertension 52:1134-41. 2008..The combined findings illustrated the crucial role for a proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2-signaling complex in the endothelial response to salt intake...
- Mechanical stretch induces endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene expression in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesTzu Hurng Cheng
Department of Biological Science and Technology, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:559-66. 2009..Mechanical stretch increased constitutive NOS activity and nitric oxide (NO) production...
- Renal NOS activity, expression, and localization in male and female spontaneously hypertensive ratsJennifer C Sullivan
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R61-9. 2010..NOS activity, and NOS1 and NOS3 protein expressions and localization were comparable in the renal cortex and outer medulla of male and female SHR...
- Therapeutically relevant concentrations of raloxifene dilate pressurized rat resistance arteries via calcium-dependent endothelial nitric oxide synthase activationYau Chi Chan
Institute of Vascular Medicine, Hong Kong, China
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:992-9. 2010..The present study aimed to examine roles of Ca(2+) influx in endothelium and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) activation in dilatations induced by raloxifene, a second-generation SERM in myogenically active arteries.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) polymorphisms are associated with high relapse risk in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL)Caroline Demacq
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 411:1335-40. 2010..among functional polymorphisms in these two angiogenesis related genes: VEGF (-2578C>A, -1154G>A, and -634G>C) and NOS3 (-786T>C, intron 4 b>a, and Glu298Asp) with prognosis of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
- Endothelial NOS-derived nitric oxide prevents injury resulting from reoxygenation in the hypoxic lungAlma Rus
Department of Experimental Biology, University of Jaen, Spain
Free Radic Res 44:1027-35. 2010To date, the role that NO derived from endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) plays in the development of the injuries occurring under hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) in the lung remains unknown and thus constitutes the subject of the present work...
- Adenosine A2A receptor activation attenuates tubuloglomerular feedback responses by stimulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthaseMattias Carlström
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, and Hypertension, Kidney and Vascular Research Center, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F457-64. 2011..3 ± 0.4 mmHg). In conclusion, adenosine A(2A) receptor activation attenuated TGF responses by stimulation of endothelial NOS (eNOS), presumably in the afferent arteriole...
- Endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphism (Glu298Asp) and acute pulmonary hypertension post cardiopulmonary bypass in children with congenital cardiac diseasesTsvetomir Loukanov
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Surgical Clinic, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Cardiol Young 21:161-9. 2011..We studied the correlation between the Glu298Asp polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and pulmonary hypertension in children with congenital cardiac diseases...
- CYP2J3 gene delivery reduces insulin resistance via upregulation of eNOS in fructose-treated ratsXizhen Xu
Department of Internal Medicine and the Institute of Hypertension, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, People s Republic of China
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:114. 2011..Interestingly, CYP-derived eicosanoids are vasodilatory, at least in part through their ability to activate eNOS and subsequent NO release...
- Involvement of nitric oxide in mesenteric vascular reactivity following intraperitoneal pancreatic juice in ratsChao Fuh Chen
Department of Internal Medicine, Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Taiwan, Republic of China
Chin J Physiol 54:419-26. 2011..purposes of this study were to examine the protein expressions of endothelial and inducible nitric oxide synthase (eNOS and iNOS) of the rat intestinal smooth muscle, and to elucidate the role of nitric oxide (NO) in the reactivity of ..
- Tumor necrosis factor α decreases nitric oxide synthase type 3 expression primarily via Rho/Rho kinase in the thick ascending limbVanesa D Ramseyer
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202 2689, USA
Hypertension 59:1145-50. 2012..NO produced by NO synthase type 3 (NOS3) inhibits NaCl reabsorption by THALs...
- Caveolin-1-eNOS/Hsp70 interactions mediate rosuvastatin antifibrotic effects in neonatal obstructive nephropathyIsabel Mercedes García
Area de Fisiopatologia, Departamento de Patologia, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, Mendoza, Argentina
Nitric Oxide 27:95-105. 2012..restore endothelial nitric oxide (NO) levels by mechanisms including up-regulation of endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) expression. Caveolin-1/eNOS interaction is essential preventing inadequate NO levels...
- Effects of exercise training on nitric oxide synthase in the kidney of spontaneously hypertensive ratsDaisuke Ito
Department of Internal Medicine and Rehabilitation Science, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 40:74-82. 2013..Exercise training significantly increased plasma and urinary nitrate/nitrite, NOS activity and eNOS and neuronal NOS expression, but decreased eNOS phosphorylation at Ser(1177) and Thr(495) in kidneys of SHR and WKY ..
- Sestrin 2 and AMPK connect hyperglycemia to Nox4-dependent endothelial nitric oxide synthase uncoupling and matrix protein expressionAssaad A Eid
The University of Texas Health Science Center Department of Medicine, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:3439-60. 2013..Here, we demonstrate that, in glomerular mesangial cells (MCs), endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is uncoupled upon exposure to high glucose (HG), with enhanced generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and ..
- The role of eNOS phosphorylation in causing drug-induced vascular injuryGrainne A McMahon Tobin
Division of Applied Regulatory Science, CDER, U S Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA
Toxicol Pathol 42:709-24. 2014Previously we found that regulation of eNOS is an important part of the pathogenic process of Drug-induced vascular injury (DIVI) for PDE4i...
- Altered neuronal and endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression in the bladder and urethra of cyclophosphamide-treated ratsMaria Sancho
Department of Physiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain Instituto Investigación Sanitaria Hospital Clínico San Carlos IdISSC, Madrid, Spain
Nitric Oxide 39:8-19. 2014..These findings suggest that spatiotemporal alterations in NO production by constitutive NOS may be involved in the pathogenicity of CYP...
- Endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is activated through G-protein-coupled receptor kinase-interacting protein 1 (GIT1) tyrosine phosphorylation and Src proteinSongling Liu
From the Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425 and
J Biol Chem 289:18163-74. 2014..Synthesis of NO in sinusoidal endothelial cells by endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) is regulated in response to activation of endothelial cells by vasoactive signals such as endothelins...
- Liposomal tetrahydrobiopterin preserves eNOS coupling in the post-ischemic heart conferring in vivo cardioprotectionLin Xie
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute and Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA The Institute of Organ Transplantation, Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Mol Cell Cardiol 86:14-22. 2015..BH4) is an essential cofactor of nitric oxide synthase (NOS), and reduced BH4 availability leads to endothelial NOS (eNOS) uncoupling and increased reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation...
- Novel zinc finger transcription factor ZFP580 promotes differentiation of bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells into endothelial cells via eNOS/NO pathwayShuping Wei
Department of Anatomy, Logistics University of Chinese People s Armed Police Force, Huizhihuan Road 1, Dongli District, Tianjin 300309, China Tianjin Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Remodeling and Target Organ Injury, Tianjin 300162, China
J Mol Cell Cardiol 87:17-26. 2015..Here, we investigated the role of the novel C2H2 zinc finger transcription factor ZFP580 in EPC differentiation and the molecular mechanisms behind EPC-mediated endothelial repair...
- Effect of Combined Stress on Morphological Changes and Expression of NO Synthases in Rat Ventral HippocampusA V Smirnov
Volgograd State Medical University, Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Volgograd, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 160:96-9. 2015..These findings can attest to the involvement NOdependent mechanisms and different contribution of NO synthase isoforms into the formation of hippocampal neuronal damage. ..
- Jujuboside B Reduces Vascular Tension by Increasing Ca2+ Influx and Activating Endothelial Nitric Oxide SynthaseYixiu Zhao
Department of Pharmacology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, PR China
PLoS ONE 11:e0149386. 2016..The concentration of nitric oxide (NO) and the activity of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) in human aortic endothelial cells (HAECs) were determined by Griess reagent method and enzyme-linked immune ..
- Increased vascular eNOS and cystathionine-γ-lyase protein after 6 weeks oral administration of 3, 5, 7, 3', 4'-pentamethoxyflavone to middle-aged male ratsSomruedee Yorsin
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Prince of Songkla University, Hat Yai, Thailand
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 389:1183-1194. 2016..of the PMF treated rats showed improved relaxation to acetylcholine, but not to glyceryl trinitrate, and had higher eNOS protein...
- N-acetylcysteine attenuates myocardial dysfunction and postischemic injury by restoring caveolin-3/eNOS signaling in diabetic ratsWating Su
Department of Anesthesiology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Cardiovasc Diabetol 15:146. 2016..are concomitant with hyperglycemia-induced oxidative stress and impaired endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS)/NO signaling. Caveolae are critical in the transduction of eNOS/NO signaling in cardiovascular system...
- C-reactive protein down-regulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression and promotes apoptosis in endothelial progenitor cells through receptor for advanced glycation end-productsJianfei Chen
Department of Cardiology, Xinqiao Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Gene 496:128-35. 2012..Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) deficiency is a pivotal event in atherogenesis...
- Serum from calorie-restricted rats activates vascular cell eNOS through enhanced insulin signaling mediated by adiponectinFernanda M Cerqueira
Instituto de Quimica, Departamento de Bioquimica, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e31155. 2012b>eNOS activation resulting in mitochondrial biogenesis is believed to play a central role in life span extension promoted by calorie restriction (CR)...
- Structure and dynamics of calmodulin (CaM) bound to nitric oxide synthase peptides: effects of a phosphomimetic CaM mutationMichael Piazza
Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
Biochemistry 51:3651-61. 2012..of CaM-NOS interactions, we determined the solution structure of CaM bound to the inducible NOS (iNOS) and endothelial NOS (eNOS) CaM binding region peptides. In addition, we investigated the effect of CaM phosphorylation...
- 17ß-estradiol antagonizes the down-regulation of ERα/NOS-3 signaling in vascular endothelial dysfunction of female diabetic ratsYi Han
Department of Geriatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e50402. 2012....
- Dual action of NO synthases on blood flow and infarct volume consecutive to neonatal focal cerebral ischemiaPhilippe Bonnin
Univ Paris Diderot, Sorbonne Paris Cité, AP HP, Hopital Lariboisiere, Physiologie Clinique Explorations Fonctionnelles, 75010 Paris, France
Exp Neurol 236:50-7. 2012..Conversely, endothelial NOS inhibition increased blood-flows and aggravated volume lesion in males, whereas in females blood-flows did ..
- Does oestradiol attenuate the damaging effects of a fructose-rich diet on cardiac Akt/endothelial nitric oxide synthase signalling?Snježana Romić
Laboratory for Molecular Biology and Endocrinology, Vinca Institute of Nuclear Sciences, University of Belgrade, PO Box 522, 11001 Belgrade, Serbia
Br J Nutr 109:1940-8. 2013Fructose-rich diets (FRD) cause cardiac insulin resistance manifested by impairment of Akt/endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) signalling. In contrast, oestradiol (E2) activates this signalling pathway in the heart...
- Short-term hypercaloric diet induces blunted aortic vasoconstriction and enhanced vasorelaxation via increased nitric oxide synthase 3 activity and expression in Dahl salt-sensitive ratsF T Spradley
Section of Experimental Medicine, Department of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 207:358-68. 2013..To elucidate the role of the O(2)(-), H(2)O(2) or NO pathways in aortic angiotensin (Ang)II-induced vasoconstriction in Dahl salt-sensitive (SS) rats compared with control SS-13(BN) rats on a normal or hypercaloric diet...
- [Pulmonary fibrosis induces erectile dysfunction in rats]Jun Jie Yu
Department of Urology, the Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, Sichuan 646000, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 17:688-93. 2011..To study the impact of pulmonary fibrosis on erectile function in rats and its mechanism...
- G-protein-coupled receptor kinase interactor-1 (GIT1) is a new endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) interactor with functional effects on vascular homeostasisSongling Liu
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
J Biol Chem 287:12309-20. 2012Endothelial cell nitric-oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS), the enzyme responsible for synthesis of NO in the vasculature, undergoes extensive post-translational modifications that modulate its activity...
- Lack of evidence for association between the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene and hypertensionN Kato
Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, University of Kyoto, Japan
Hypertension 33:933-6. 1999Significant association between a Glu298Asp polymorphism of the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) gene and essential hypertension was recently reported in Japanese populations, with the 298Asp variant showing a higher prevalence in ..
- Association between Alzheimer's disease and the NOS3 geneM Dahiyat
Department of Mental Health, University of Aberdeen Medical School, UK
Ann Neurol 46:664-7. 1999..Among candidate genes that may contribute to this residual risk is the endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) gene...
- Lack of association between polymorphisms of eight candidate genes and idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: the CARDIGENE studyL Tiret
INSERM U525, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 35:29-35. 2000..The study investigated the potential role of eight candidate genes in the susceptibility to idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy (IDC)...
- Association analyses of endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene polymorphisms in essential hypertensionA V Benjafield
Department of Physiology and Institute for Biomedical Research, The University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Am J Hypertens 13:994-8. 2000Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), encoded by NOS3, is a potent regulator of vasomotor tone and peripheral resistance...
- Akt-dependent phosphorylation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase mediates penile erectionK Joseph Hurt
Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:4061-6. 2002In the penis, nitric oxide (NO) can be formed by both neuronal NO synthase and endothelial NOS (eNOS)...
- Expression of constitutive endothelial and inducible nitric oxide synthase in the sciatic nerve of Lewis rats with experimental autoimmune neuritisYongduk Lee
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Graduate School Brain Korea 21 Project, Cheju National University, 690 756, Republic of Korea
J Neuroimmunol 126:78-85. 2002This study examined the expression of constitutive endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and inducible NOS (iNOS) in the sciatic nerve of Lewis rats with experimental autoimmune neuritis (EAN)...
- Osmoregulation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase gene expression in inner medullary collecting duct cells. Role in activation of the type A natriuretic peptide receptorSongcang Chen
Diabetes Center Metabolic Research Unit and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0540, California, USA
J Biol Chem 277:32498-504. 2002..The endothelial and inducible nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS and iNOS respectively) genes are also expressed in this nephron segment and are thought to play a role in ..
- A young girl with vasospastic angina associated with mutation in endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene--a case reportNaoto Fukuda
Department of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Japan
Angiology 54:233-7. 2003..To the authors' knowledge, she represents the first case of life-threatening coronary spasms in childhood associated with mutations in the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene...
- Modulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase expression by red blood cell aggregationOguz K Baskurt
Dept of Physiology, Akdeniz Univ Faculty of Medicine, Kampus, Antalya, Turkey 07070
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H222-9. 2004..Additionally, expression of endothelial NOS protein was found to be decreased in muscle samples obtained from rats exchanged with aggregating cell ..
- Expression of nitric oxide synthase, aquaporin 1 and aquaporin 5 in rat after bleomycin inhalationAn Soo Jang
Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University Hospital, 1174 Jung dong, Wonmi gu, Bucheon si, 420 767 Gyeonggi do, Republic of Korea
Intensive Care Med 30:489-95. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of NO synthase (NOS) and AQP in acute lung injury (ALI) lung following bleomycin inhalation in rats...
- Stimulatory effect of IGF-I and VEGF on eNOS message, protein expression, eNOS phosphorylation and nitric oxide production in rat glomeruli, and the involvement of PI3-K signaling pathwayYing Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Nitric Oxide 10:25-35. 2004..stimulate NO production in rat glomeruli and whether the expression of NO synthase (NOS) isoforms as well as eNOS phosphorylation contribute to NO generation by IGF-I and VEGF...
- NIDD, a novel DHHC-containing protein, targets neuronal nitric-oxide synthase (nNOS) to the synaptic membrane through a PDZ-dependent interaction and regulates nNOS activityFuminori Saitoh
Department of Neuroplasticity Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:29461-8. 2004..These results suggested that NIDD plays an important role in the regulation of the NO signaling pathway at postsynaptic sites through targeting of nNOS to the postsynaptic membrane...
- Expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in developing rat kidneyKi Hwan Han
Dept of Internal Medicine, Div of Nephrology, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan Univ School of Medicine, 108, Pyung Dong, Jongro Ku, Seoul 110 746, Korea
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F694-702. 2005..was to establish the expression and intrarenal localization of the NO-synthesizing enzyme endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) during kidney development...
- NAD(P)H oxidase and uncoupled nitric oxide synthase are major sources of glomerular superoxide in rats with experimental diabetic nephropathyMinoru Satoh
Div of Nephrology, Dept of Internal Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, 577 Matsushima, Kurashiki, Okayama 701 0192, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 288:F1144-52. 2005..The mRNA and protein expression of endothelial NOS (eNOS), as measured by real-time RT-PCR and Western blotting, increased significantly (mRNA level, 1...
- Increased resistance to myocardial ischemia in the Brown Norway vs. Dahl S rat: role of nitric oxide synthase and Hsp90Yang Shi
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:625-35. 2005..NO production protects BN/Mcw hearts from ischemic injury. Real time PCR showed no differences in NOS1, NOS2 or NOS3 isozyme transcripts in the hearts from the two strains. NOS3 was the only isozyme detected by western analysis...
- Norfloxacin reduces aortic NO synthases and proinflammatory cytokine up-regulation in cirrhotic rats: role of Akt signalingKhalid A Tazi
Laboratoire d Hémodynamique Splanchnique et de Biologie Vasculaire, INSERM, Hopital Beaujon, Clichy, France
Gastroenterology 129:303-14. 2005..Bacterial translocation may be involved in NO synthase (NOS) up-regulation by activating both endothelial NOS (eNOS) and inducible NOS (iNOS)...
- Nitric oxide synthases II and III and vascular endothelial growth factor are up-regulated in sciatic nerve after spiral cuff electrode implantationMarie Anne Thil
Laboratoire de Génie de la Réabilitation Neurale, Medical School, Brussels, Belgium
J Neuroimmunol 166:158-66. 2005..b>NOSIII as well as VEGF were up-regulated in both epineurial and endoneurial compartments in cuff-implanted animals along ..
- Dietary soy isoflavone induced increases in antioxidant and eNOS gene expression lead to improved endothelial function and reduced blood pressure in vivoKatharina Mahn
Cardiovascular Division, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, King s College London, London, UK
FASEB J 19:1755-7. 2005..diet was paralleled by increased mitochondrial glutathione and mRNA levels for endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and the antioxidant enzymes manganese superoxide dismutase and cytochrome c oxidase...
- Increased blood flow causes coordinated upregulation of arterial eNOS and biosynthesis of tetrahydrobiopterinChen Fuh Lam
Dept of Anesthesiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H786-93. 2006..Endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) activity is determined by heat shock protein 90 (HSP90), caveolin-1, and the cofactor tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4)...
- Essential requirement for sphingosine kinase activity in eNOS-dependent NO release and vasorelaxationFiorentina Roviezzo
Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
FASEB J 20:340-2. 2006..Recent studies have suggested that eNOS pathway may function as a downstream target for the biological effects of receptor-mediated S1P...
- The isoflavone Equol mediates rapid vascular relaxation: Ca2+-independent activation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase/Hsp90 involving ERK1/2 and Akt phosphorylation in human endothelial cellsSheeja Joy
Cardiovascular Division, School of Biomedical and Health Sciences, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London SE1 1UL, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 281:27335-45. 2006We recently reported that soy isoflavones increase gene expression of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase (eNOS) and antioxidant defense enzymes, resulting in improved endothelial function and lower blood pressure in vivo...
- Bradykinin augments insulin-stimulated glucose transport in rat adipocytes via endothelial nitric oxide synthase-mediated inhibition of Jun NH2-terminal kinaseKristin M Beard
Department of Medicine and Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1X6
Diabetes 55:2678-87. 2006..These data indicate that bradykinin enhances insulin sensitivity in adipocytes via an NO-dependent pathway that acts by modulating the feedback inhibition of insulin signaling at the level of IRS-1...
- Promoter polymorphism (-786t>C) in the endothelial nitric oxide synthase gene is associated with risk of sporadic breast cancer in non-Hispanic white women age younger than 55 yearsJiachun Lu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 107:2245-53. 2006Nitric oxide (NO) is constitutively synthesized in the endothelium by endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) and acts as a pleiotropic regulator involved in carcinogenesis...
- Evidence for the pathophysiological role of endogenous methylarginines in regulation of endothelial NO production and vascular functionArturo J Cardounel
Department of Pharmacology, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 282:879-87. 2007In endothelium, NO is derived from endothelial NO synthase (eNOS)-mediated L-arginine oxidation...
- Redox regulation of ischemic preconditioning is mediated by the differential activation of caveolins and their association with eNOS and GLUT-4Srikanth Koneru
Molecular Cardiology and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, 263 Farmington Avenue, Farmington, CT 06030 1110, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2060-72. 2007..translocation along with increased expression of caveolin (Cav)-3, phospho (p)-endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), p-Akt, and decreased expression of Cav-1...
- Peripheral mechanisms of erectile dysfunction in a rat model of chronic cocaine useMuammer Kendirci
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Eur Urol 52:555-63. 2007..To evaluate the peripheral mechanisms of erectile dysfunction (ED) in a rat model of triple-binge cocaine administration...
- Down-regulation of ventricular nitric oxide generating system in chronic alcohol-treated hypertensive ratsK Husain
Department of Physiology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, Puerto Rico
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 53:32-7. 2007..The levels of nitric oxide, its generating enzyme endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) protein expression and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) gene (mRNA) and protein expressions were ..
- Interleukin-6 sustains hepatic regeneration in cirrhotic ratGuido Alberto Massimo Tiberio
Surgical Clinic, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Brescia, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 54:878-83. 2007..We studied the pro-proliferative and protective mechanisms of IL-6 treatment in a model of liver cirrhosis in wild type rat, investigating the theoretical basis for a potential pharmacologic role of IL-6 in cirrhosis...
- Identification and localization of cell types that express endothelial and neuronal nitric oxide synthase in the rat nucleus tractus solitariiL H Lin
Department of Neurology, University of Iowa, VAMC 1 10W19, MS 151, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Brain Res 1171:42-51. 2007..Nitric oxide synthase (NOS), the enzyme responsible for synthesis of NO, exists in 3 isoforms: endothelial NOS (eNOS), neuronal NOS (nNOS), and inducible NOS (iNOS)...
- Local nitric oxide synthase inhibition reduces skeletal muscle glucose uptake but not capillary blood flow during in situ muscle contraction in ratsRenee M Ross
Menzies Research Institute, University of Tasmania, Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Diabetes 56:2885-92. 2007..This study examined the effect of local infusion of an NOS inhibitor on skeletal muscle glucose uptake (2-deoxyglucose) and capillary blood flow (contrast-enhanced ultrasound) during in situ contractions in rats...
- Chronic ethanol ingestion increases nitric oxide production in the lungJohn A Polikandriotis
Department of Medicine, Atlanta Veterans Affairs, Emory University Medical Center, Atlanta, GA 30033, USA
Alcohol 41:309-16. 2007..This study examines the hypothesis that EtOH increases endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) expression and activity in the lungs of a rat model of chronic EtOH ingestion...
- Adiponectin improves endothelial function in hyperlipidemic rats by reducing oxidative/nitrative stress and differential regulation of eNOS/iNOS activityRong Li
Department of Physiology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xian, China
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1703-8. 2007..and superoxide production, nitrotyrosine formation, gp91(phox) expression, and endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS)/inducible NOS (iNOS) activity/expression was determined...
- Norepinephrine-induced nociception and vasoconstrictor hypersensitivity in rats with chronic post-ischemia painDimitris N Xanthos
Department of Psychology, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada Centre for Research on Pain, McGill University, Montreal, Que, Canada
Pain 137:640-51. 2008..Intradermal injection of [Arg(8)] vasopressin (AVP) or the endothelial NO synthase (eNOS) inhibitor, L-NIO, to the affected paw also induced nociceptive behaviours in CPIP rats, but not sham rats...
- Intestinal endotoxemia plays a central role in development of hepatopulmonary syndrome in a cirrhotic rat model induced by multiple pathogenic factorsHui Ying Zhang
Department of Pathophysiology, Changzhi Medical College, 161 Jie Fang Dong Jie, Changzhi 046000, Shanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6385-95. 2007..To characterize the correlation between severity of hepatopulmonary syndrome (HPS) and degree of hepatic dysfunction, and to explore how intestinal endotoxemia (IETM) affects the development of HPS in cirrhotic rats...
- Salt Absorption by the THAL: Role of NKCC2 traffickingPablo A Ortiz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Data from this proposal will increase our understanding of how salt absorption by the THAL is regulated in normal and salt-sensitive animals, and will identify new targets for the development of diuretics. ..
- eNOS-Protein Interaction in the PenisBiljana Musicki; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) is an important mediator of penile erection...
- Posttranslational Regulation of eNOS by Estrogen in the Vagina and ClitorisBiljana Musicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..Vascular effects of estrogen are attributed to its regulation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS), yet the physiological role of nitric oxide (NO) and the molecular mechanisms of eNOS regulation by estrogen in ..
- Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase & Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..In this regard, Preliminary Studies have 1) established the vital role of endothelial nitric oxide (NO) synthase (eNOS) derived NO in the regulation of hepatic vasodilation, 2) identified a deficiency of hepatic eNOS activity and NO ..
- ETHANOL, INSULIN/IGF SIGNALING AND NEURONAL MIGRATIONSuzanne de la Monte; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of Portal HypertensionVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 2006 Grover Conference on the Pulmonary Circulation - Rho Family GTPasesKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ranch is an intimate setting that encourages interaction between scientists and clinicians. We are requesting funding to support travel and lodging for invited speakers. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Failure of FasL Mediated Pathways in Tumor AngiogenesisVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2006..These insights may lead to novel and effective therapeutic strategies that target this pathway to prevent angiogenesis, and thereby prevent colorectal tumor development growth and spread. ..
- Genetics of Pulmonary Hypertension in MiceKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibition of TNF in Patients with Alcoholic HepatitisVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Aerosolized PGE1 in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionBEENA SOOD; Fiscal Year: 2005..If effective, a proposal for using aerosolized PGE1 in neonatal PPHN as a multicenter study will be submitted to the NICHD Neonatal Network. ..
- REG OF NITRIC OXIDE PRODUCT IN THE HEPATIC CIRCULATIONVijay Shah; Fiscal Year: 2002..Defining the mechanisms that regulate nitric oxide production in SEC may lead to therapeutic options whereby NO activity may be pharmacologically or genetically modulated and benefit patients with cirrhosis and portal hypertension. ..
- Interaction of age and gender on NO bioavailabilityJennifer Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will then determine the affects of age and gender on antioxidant systems and the sources of oxidative stress in the mesenteric vasculature. ..
- Effects of BMPRII Mutations in Pulmonary HypertensionKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will have also tested the role of four pulmonary cell types, smooth muscle, endothelium, airway epithelium and macrophages in the link between BMPR2 and pulmonary hypertension. ..
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Cerebrovascular Disease in Type 1 DiabetesWILLIAM MAYHAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..that impaired NOS-dependent dilatation of cerebral vessels in diabetic animals may be explained by an uncoupling of eNOS via a reduced availability/utilization of tetrahydrobiopterin (BH4)...
- NICOTINE INDUCED CEREBROVASCULAR DYSFUNCTIONWILLIAM MAYHAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, results of these studies may provide insights regarding possible therapeutic approaches for the treatment of nicotine-induced vascular dysfunction. ..
- Cerebral Microcirculation During Alcohol ConsumptionWILLIAM MAYHAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..These studies will provide valuable new insights and will lead to new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of cerebrovascular abnormalities observed in chronic alcoholics. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Lung Injury Protection by Coagulation BlockadeCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2008..A successfully optimized strategy could greatly attenuate persistence of pulmonary inflammation and facilitate the resolution of human ARDS. ..
- PO2 MODULATION OF NO AND ET1 IN PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONKaren Fagan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Our laboratory is interested in the role of endogenously derived nitric oxide (NO) from eNOS (endothelial derived nitric oxide synthase), endothelin-1 (ET-1), and the effect of hypoxia on the development of ..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Hsp90, NOS3 and CardioprotectionYang Shi; Fiscal Year: 2009..revealed that although hearts from both strains exhibited the same levels of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3) and heat shock protein 90 (hsp90) expression, hearts from BN/Mcw rats generated more nitric oxide (-NO) and less ..