Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nod2
Description: nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain containing 2
Alias: Card15, nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-containing protein 2, caspase recruitment domain family, member 15
- Association of NOD2 leucine-rich repeat variants with susceptibility to Crohn's diseaseJ P Hugot
Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, 27 rue J Dodu 75010 Paris, France
Nature 411:599-603. 2001..to identify three independent associations for Crohn's disease: a frameshift variant and two missense variants of NOD2, encoding a member of the Apaf-1/Ced-4 superfamily of apoptosis regulators that is expressed in monocytes...
- CARD15 mutations in Blau syndromeC Miceli-Richard
Fondation Jean Dausset CEPH, Paris, France
Nat Genet 29:19-20. 2001We have identified three missense mutations in the nucleotide-binding domain (NBD) of CARD15/NOD2 in four French and German families with Blau syndrome...
- Nod1 and Nod2 regulation of inflammation in the Salmonella colitis modelKaoru Geddes
Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M6G 2T6, Canada
Infect Immun 78:5107-15. 2010The pattern recognition molecules Nod1 and Nod2 play important roles in intestinal homeostasis; however, how these proteins impact on the development of inflammation during bacterial colitis has not been examined...
- The pattern recognition receptors Nod1 and Nod2 account for neutrophil recruitment to the lungs of mice infected with Legionella pneumophilaMariana S Frutuoso
Department of Cell Biology, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, FMRP USP, Ribeirao Preto, SP 14049 900, Brazil
Microbes Infect 12:819-27. 2010..By using mice deficient for Nod1, Nod2, and Rip2, we found that these receptors accounted for NE recruitment to the lungs of infected mice...
- Induction and rescue of Nod2-dependent Th1-driven granulomatous inflammation of the ileumAmlan Biswas
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14739-44. 2010Mutations in the NOD2 gene are strong genetic risk factors for ileal Crohn's disease. However, the mechanism by which these mutations predispose to intestinal inflammation remains a subject of controversy...
- Contribution of NOD2 to lung inflammation during Staphylococcus aureus-induced pneumoniaRonan Kapetanovic
Institut Pasteur, Unité Cytokines and Inflammation, Département Infection et Epidémiologie, 28 rue du Dr Roux, F 75015 Paris, France
Microbes Infect 12:759-67. 2010..In this work, we investigated the role of NOD2 in S. aureus-induced pneumonia. We found that the absence of NOD2 affected weight loss and recovery speed...
- Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain proteins are innate immune receptors for internalized Streptococcus pneumoniaeBastian Opitz
Department of Internal Medicine Infectious Diseases, Charite University Medicine Berlin, 1 Augustenburger Platz, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:36426-32. 2004..recognition receptors, the cytosolic proteins nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 1 (Nod1)/CARD4 and Nod2/CARD15, have been found to detect cell wall peptidoglycans...
- Nod2-Rip2 Signaling Contributes to Intestinal Injury Induced by Muramyl Dipeptide Via Oligopeptide Transporter in RatsGuoguang Ma
Department of General Intensive Care Unit, Songjiang Hospital Affiliated to First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, NO 746, Zhongshan Road, Shanghai, 201600, China
Dig Dis Sci 60:3264-70. 2015..Our aim was to investigate the mechanism of the small intestine injury induced by bacterial oligopeptide product muramyl dipeptide (MDP) which is transported by PepT1...
- Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-2 inhibits toll-like receptor-4 signaling in the intestinal epitheliumWard M Richardson
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh and University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Gastroenterology 139:904-17, 917.e1-6. 2010..Nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-2 (NOD2) is an immune receptor that regulates other branches of the immune system, although its effects on TLR4 in ..
- Both donor and recipient NOD2/CARD15 mutations associate with transplant-related mortality and GvHD following allogeneic stem cell transplantationErnst Holler
Division of Hematology Oncology, University Hospital of Regensburg, Germany
Blood 104:889-94. 2004Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the NOD2/CARD15 gene resulting in a diminished nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) response to bacterial cell wall products have been associated with an increased incidence of Crohn disease...
- A new CARD15 mutation in Blau syndromeMarjan M van Duist
Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Division of Medical Genetics, University of Torino, Orbassano, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 13:742-7. 2005The caspase recruitment domain gene CARD15/NOD2, encoding a cellular receptor involved in an NF-kappaB-mediated pathway of innate immunity, was first identified as a major susceptibility gene for Crohn's disease (CD), and more recently, ..
- Effects of ghrelin on pulmonary NOD2 mRNA expression and NF-κB activation when protects against acute lung injury in rats challenged with cecal ligation and punctureZhiyou Peng
Department of Anesthesiology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, PR China
Int Immunopharmacol 13:440-5. 2012..However, our knowledge of ghrelin's effects on the upstream activators of the NF-κB pathway, such as NOD2, is still limited...
- NOD2-associated pediatric granulomatous arthritis, an expanding phenotype: study of an international registry and a national cohort in SpainCarlos D Rose
Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1797-803. 2009To study the phenotype characteristics of the largest to date cohort of patients with pediatric granulomatous arthritis (PGA) and documented mutations in the NOD2 gene.
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in pathogen recognition receptor genes are associated with susceptibility to meningococcal meningitis in a pediatric cohortGijs Th J van Well
Department of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Immunology and Rheumatology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e64252. 2013..2*10(-5), OR = 9.4, 95% CI = 3.0-29.2). The NOD2 SNP8 mutant was significantly more frequent in MM patients compared to controls (p = 0.0004, OR = 12...
- [Effect mechanism of NOD like receptor signaling pathway on intestinal mucosal barrier of rat during early phase of acute intra-abdominal infection]Yuan ting Xiao
Department of General Surgery, Tianjin Tianhe Hospital, Tianjin 300050, China Corresponding author Wang Xi mo, Department of General Surgery, Tianjin Union Medical Center, Colorectal and Anal Disease Institute, Tianjin 300121, China, Email
Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 25:527-32. 2013..To initially investigate the expressing regularity and effect of enterocyte NOD like receptors on gut mucosal barrier during early phase of acute intra-abdominal infection...
- Pivotal role of NOD2 in inflammatory processes affecting atherosclerosis and periodontal bone lossHuaiping Yuan
Center for Anti Inflammatory Therapeutics, School of Dental Medicine and Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E5059-68. 2013..purpose of this study was to elucidate the role of nucleotide binding oligomerization domain-containing protein 2 (NOD2) signaling in atherosclerosis and periodontal bone loss using an Apolipoprotein E(-/-) (ApoE(-/-)) mouse model ..
- Analysis of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain proteins in a murine model of pneumococcal meningitisXinjie Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, No 107 Wen Hua Xi Road, Jinan, People s Republic of China
BMC Infect Dis 14:648. 2014....
- NOD1 and NOD2 Interact with the Phagosome Cargo in Mast Cells: A Detailed Morphological EvidenceGiuliano Zabucchi
Department of Life Science, University of Trieste, Via Alfonso Valerio 28 edificio R, Trieste, 34127, Italy
Inflammation 38:1113-25. 2015..RPMC express NOD1 and NOD2 proteins whose role is to recognize intracellular foreign components and induce the production of pro-inflammatory ..
- Characterization of TLR2, NOD2, and related cytokines in mammary glands infected by Staphylococcus aureus in a rat modelHeng Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou, Jiangsu, 225009, China
Acta Vet Scand 57:25. 2015..Local innate immune defenses play an important role in eliminating the invading bacteria. TLR2 and NOD2 are important pathogen recognition receptors, but their functions have not been investigated in the context of ..
- [The expression of NOD1 and NOD2 and the regulation of glucocorticoids on them in allergic rhinitis]Shuang Hu
Department of Otolaryngology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 27:393-6. 2013To investigate the expression of NOD1 and NOD2 in the nasal mucosa of healthy individuals and allergic rhinitis(AR), and explored the regulation of glucocorticoids on them.
- Role of the NOD2 genotype in the clinical phenotype of Blau syndrome and early-onset sarcoidosisIkuo Okafuji
Department of Pediatrics, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 60:242-50. 2009..This systemic inflammatory granulomatosis is associated with mutations in the NOD2 gene...
- Association of a NOD2 gene polymorphism and T-helper 17 cells with presumed ocular toxoplasmosisMíriam S Dutra
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, CPqRR Fundação Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Infect Dis 207:152-63. 2013..and 89 parent/case trios of presumed ocular toxoplasmosis (POT) to evaluate associations with polymorphisms in the NOD2 gene. Three haplotype-tagging single-nucleotide polymorphisms (tag-SNPs) within the NOD2 gene were genotyped...
- Low prevalence of NOD2 SNPs in Behçet's disease suggests protective association in CaucasiansJasper H Kappen
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Clinical Immunology, Erasmus University Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:1375-7. 2009It has been shown previously that three nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain containing 2 (NOD2) variants (Arg702Trp, Gly908Arg and Lue1007fs) are associated with Crohn's disease (CD), a disorder clinically resembling Behçet's ..
- Identification of NOD2 as a novel target of RNA-binding protein HuR: evidence from NADPH oxidase-mediated HuR signaling in diabetic nephropathyJin Shang
Department of Pharmacology, Shandong University School of Medicine, Jinan 250012, China
Free Radic Biol Med 79:217-27. 2015Although our recent studies have demonstrated that NOD2 is one of the critical components of a signal transduction pathway that links renal injury to inflammation in diabetic nephropathy (DN), the regulatory mechanisms for NOD2 expression ..
- Common variants in NOD2 and IL23R are not associated with inflammatory bowel disease in IndiansSwapna Mahurkar
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad, India
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 26:694-9. 2011..Genome-wide association studies have confirmed the role of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain protein-2 (NOD2) variants and identified several other genes associated with IBD...
- Viral infection augments Nod1/2 signaling to potentiate lethality associated with secondary bacterial infectionsYun Gi Kim
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cell Host Microbe 9:496-507. 2011..show that the TLR3/MDA5 agonist poly I:C or viral infection dramatically augments signaling via the NLRs Nod1 and Nod2 and enhances the production of proinflammatory cytokines...
- Expression of TLR-2, TLR-4, NOD2 and pNF-kappaB in a neonatal rat model of necrotizing enterocolitisAurelie Le Mandat Schultz
Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris Hôpital R Debré, Service de Chirurgie Pediatrique, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 2:e1102. 2007..Pattern recognition molecules could be an important player in the initiation of an exaggerated inflammatory response leading to intestinal injury in NEC...
- Association between NOD2/CARD15 polymorphisms and coronary artery disease: a case-control studySara Galluzzo
Department of Medical Oncology, Campus Bio Medico University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Hum Immunol 72:636-40. 2011..In this prospective study we tested the hypothesis of whether polymorphic variations in the NOD2/CARD15 gene may influence the risk of developing clinically evident coronary artery disease (CAD)...
- Down-regulated NOD2 by immunosuppressants in peripheral blood cells in patients with SLE reduces the muramyl dipeptide-induced IL-10 productionShui Lian Yu
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 6:e23855. 2011..Pattern recognition receptors (PRRs) such as Toll-like receptors are aberrantly expressed of peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients, for playing immunopathological roles...
- Anti-inflammatory capacity of selected lactobacilli in experimental colitis is driven by NOD2-mediated recognition of a specific peptidoglycan-derived muropeptideElise Macho Fernandez
Bactéries Lactiques et Immunité des Muqueuses, Centre d Infection et d Immunité de Lille, Institut Pasteur de Lille, 1 rue du Pr Calmette, 59019 Lille Cedex, France
Gut 60:1050-9. 2011..Therapeutic use of probiotics is known to be strain specific, but precise mechanisms remain unclear. The role of NOD2 signalling and the protective effect of Lactobacillus peptidoglycan (PGN) and derived muropeptides in experimental ..
- A NOD2 gene polymorphism is associated with the prevalence and severity of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in a Japanese populationDaisuke Kinose
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Respirology 17:164-71. 2012..We hypothesized that polymorphisms in the nucleotide-binding and oligomerization domain (NOD)1 and NOD2 genes would be associated with the pathogenesis of COPD...
- Importance of NOD2/CARD15 gene variants for susceptibility to and outcome of sepsis in Turkish childrenDeniz Tekin
Institute of Forensic Sciences, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
Pediatr Crit Care Med 13:e73-7. 2012..The role of mutations within the innate immunity receptor NOD2/CARD15 has recently been demonstrated as a risk factor for bacteremia and mortality in adult patients with sepsis...
- Deep resequencing of GWAS loci identifies independent rare variants associated with inflammatory bowel diseaseManuel A Rivas
Analytic and Translational Genetics Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 43:1066-73. 2011..ulcerative colitis cases and 17,575 healthy controls), we identified four additional independent risk factors in NOD2, two additional protective variants in IL23R, a highly significant association with a protective splice variant in ..
- Dectin-1 and NOD2 mediate cathepsin activation in zymosan-induced arthritis in miceHolly L Rosenzweig
Oregon Health and Science University, Mail stop L467 AD, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Inflamm Res 60:705-14. 2011Activation of pattern recognition receptors (PRR) may contribute to arthritis. Here, we elucidated the role of NOD2, a genetic cause of inflammatory arthritis, and several other PRR in a murine model of inflammatory arthritis.
- Nod2 suppresses Borrelia burgdorferi mediated murine Lyme arthritis and carditis through the induction of toleranceTanja Petnicki-Ocwieja
Division of Geographic Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17414. 2011..The intracellular, cytosolic receptor Nod2 has been shown to play varying roles in either enhancing or attenuating inflammation in response to different ..
- NOD2 deficiency results in increased susceptibility to peptidoglycan-induced uveitis in miceHolly L Rosenzweig
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:4106-12. 2011The innate immune receptor NOD2 is a genetic cause of uveitis (Blau syndrome)...
- Comprehensive study of baicalin down-regulating NOD2 receptor expression of neurons with oxygen-glucose deprivation in vitro and cerebral ischemia-reperfusion in vivoHuiying Li
Protein Science Laboratory of the Ministry of Education, Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Life Sciences and School of Medicine, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Eur J Pharmacol 649:92-9. 2010..b>NOD2 (nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain protein 2) is one of the receptors involved in innate immune response ..
- CARD15/NOD2 polymorphisms are associated with severe pulmonary sarcoidosisH Sato
Clinical Genomics Group Royal Brompton Hospital and NHLI, Imperial College, 1B Manresa Road, London SW3 6LR, UK
Eur Respir J 35:324-30. 2010..This study explored associations between CARD15 polymorphisms, CCR5 haplotype and distinct pulmonary sarcoidosis subtypes...
- Association of CARD15 polymorphisms with atopy-related traits in a population-based cohort of Caucasian adultsS Weidinger
Department of Dermatology and Allergy Biederstein, Technical University Munich, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 35:866-72. 2005..Caspase-recruitment domain containing protein 15 (CARD15) is a cytosolic receptor involved in bacterial recognition by antigen-presenting cells...
- TLR and NOD2 ligands induce cell proliferation in the rat intact spinal cordYanhua Su
Institute of Brain Research, University of Tuebingen, Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 64:991-7. 2005..by 5-bromo-2'-deoxyuridine (BrdU) tracing, the effects of peripheral administration of toll-like receptor (TLR) and NOD2 ligands (stimulators of the innate immune system) on the proliferation of spinal cord cells...
- Prevalence of the NOD2 3020insC mutation in aggregations of breast and lung cancerMarcin Radosław Lener
International Hereditary Cancer Center, Department of Genetics and Pathology, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Breast Cancer Res Treat 95:141-5. 2006..of disease, two sets of consecutively collected tumor groups were examined for the 3020insC mutation in the NOD2/CARD15 gene...
- Differential pattern recognition receptor expression but stereotyped responsiveness in rat spleen dendritic cell subsetsFrancois Xavier Hubert
INSERM Unite 643, Institut de Transplantation et de Recherche en Transplantation ITERT, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire Nantes, Hotel Dieu, 30 Boulevard Jean Monnet, 44093 Nantes Cedex 1, France
J Immunol 177:1007-16. 2006..We correlated the expression of TLR and nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2) in these DC subsets to their in vitro responsiveness to specific ligands...
- Identification of Card15/Nod2 mRNA in intestinal tissue of experimentally induced colitis in ratsMasahiko Fujisawa
Department of Veterinary Pharmacology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
J Vet Med Sci 68:701-8. 2006b>Card15/Nod2 has been suggested to be an intracellular pathogen-associated molecular pattern (PAMPs) recognition molecule, which contains a leucine-rich repeat region similar to the Toll-like receptors (TLRs)...
- Combinations of TLR and NOD2 ligands stimulate rat microglial P2X4R expressionLiang Hao Guo
Institute of Brain Research, University of Tuebingen, Calwer Str 3, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 349:1156-62. 2006..to stimulation by combination of toll-like receptors (TLRs) and nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2) receptors. Various TLR1-9 ligands and NOD2 agonist muramyldipeptide (MDP) were investigated...
- Recipient NOD2/CARD15 variants: a novel independent risk factor for the development of bronchiolitis obliterans after allogeneic stem cell transplantationGerhard C Hildebrandt
Department of Hematology and Oncology, University of Regensburg Medical School, Regensburg, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:67-74. 2008..We hypothesized that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the NOD2/CARD15 gene (=NOD2/CARD15 variants) contribute to changes in host defense and subsequent alloreaction, leading to BO...
- Common nonsynonymous polymorphisms in the NOD2 gene are associated with resistance or susceptibility to tuberculosis disease in African AmericansCelest M Austin
Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Infect Dis 197:1713-6. 2008Pattern-recognition receptors (PRRs) play a key role in innate immunity against intracellular bacteria. NOD2 is one of the PRRs that contribute to the immune response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection...
- The NOD/RIP2 pathway is essential for host defenses against Chlamydophila pneumoniae lung infectionKenichi Shimada
Division of Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases, and Immunology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000379. 2009..Both Nod1(-/-) and Nod2(-/-) mice also showed delayed bacterial clearance, suggesting that C...
- NOD2 receptors in adenopituitary folliculostellate cells: expression and functionEliane Correa-de-Santana
Department of Endocrinology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstrasse 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Endocrinol 203:111-22. 2009..The NOD2 agonist muramyl dipeptide (MDP) increased Nf kappa b1-transcriptional activity, -protein expression and IL6 ..
- Total parenteral-nutrition-mediated dendritic-cell activation and infiltration into the small intestine in a rat modelSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, 1 1 Idaigaoka Hasamamachi, Yufu, Oita 879 5593, Japan
J Anesth 25:57-64. 2011..However, effects of TPN on the immune system, including dendritic cells (DC), are not well understood. The purpose of this study was to determine whether TPN affects DC activation and infiltration into the intestinal barrier...
- Dendritic cell activation in response to ischemia-reperfusion injury of the small intestineSatoshi Hagiwara
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, 1 1 Idaigaoka Hasamamachi, Yufu, Oita, Japan
Surg Today 40:137-45. 2010..The aim of this study was to determine whether I/R injury affects DC infiltration into the intestinal barrier...
- The 3020insC Allele of NOD2 Predisposes to Cancers of Multiple OrgansJan Lubinski
Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Hered Cancer Clin Pract 3:59-63. 2005The NOD2 gene has been associated with susceptibility to Crohn's disease and individuals with Crohn's disease are at increased risk for cancer at a number of organ sites...
- Association of c.802C>T polymorphism of NOD2/CARD15 gene with the chronic gastritis and predisposition to cancer in H. pylori infected patientsAndrzej Hnatyszyn
Department of Internal Medicine, District Hospital, Drawsko Pomorskie, Poland
Exp Mol Pathol 88:388-93. 2010This paper shows analysis of the association of the 802C>T polymorphism of the NOD2/CARD15 gene with the occurrence of the chronic inflammation of the gastric mucosa associated with the Helicobacter pylori infections, development of ..
- Common polymorphisms in the NOD2 gene region are associated with leprosy and its reactive statesWilliam Richard Berrington
Dept of Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific St, Box 356523, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Infect Dis 201:1422-35. 2010..We hypothesized that polymorphisms in the nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain containing 2 (NOD2) gene, for a cytosolic receptor known to detect mycobacteria, are associated with susceptibility to leprosy and its ..
- Expression of NOD2 in a rat model of acute pancreatitisMingping Qian
Department of General Surgery, Shanghai 10th People s Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Pancreas 39:1034-40. 2010To observe the expression of nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain 2 (NOD2) in rats with acute pancreatitis (AP).
- NOD2 polymorphisms in clinical phenotypes of common variable immunodeficiency disordersK Packwood
Department of Immunology, Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals, Oxford, UK
Clin Exp Immunol 161:536-41. 2010..b>NOD2 acts a microbial sensor and is involved in proinflammatory signalling...
- Association between polymorphisms in caspase recruitment domain containing protein 15 and allergy in two German populationsMichael Kabesch
University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munchen, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 111:813-7. 2003..Recently, polymorphisms in caspase recruitment domain containing protein 15 (CARD15), an intracellular LPS receptor protein, have been associated with Crohn's disease...
- NOD2 activation induces muscle cell-autonomous innate immune responses and insulin resistanceAkhilesh K Tamrakar
Program in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Endocrinology 151:5624-37. 2010..the cytosolic pattern recognition receptors nucleotide-binding oligomerization domain-containing protein (NOD)1 and NOD2 are expressed in immune and metabolic tissues and hypothesize that their activation in muscle cells would result in ..
- Innate signals from Nod2 block respiratory tolerance and program T(H)2-driven allergic inflammationWei Duan
Division of Molecular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 126:1284-93.e10. 2010..Airway tolerance is critical for protecting the lung from inflammatory disease driven by allergens. However, factors that disrupt tolerance processes and then lead to susceptibility to developing allergic asthma remain elusive...
- Investigation of Nod2: Implications for UveitisHolly Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2008The underlying mechanisms of uveitis remain poorly understood. However, a recently identified gene called Nod2, provides important insight into the genetics involved in the pathogenesis of uveitis...