Gene Symbol: Nkx2 2
Description: NK2 homeobox 2
Alias: homeobox protein Nkx-2.2, NK2 transcription factor related, locus 2
- Pdx-1 or Pdx-1-VP16 protein transduction induces beta-cell gene expression in liver-stem WB cellsJuliette Cuvelier Delisle
UMR 707 IECM ENVN, F 44307 Nantes, France
BMC Res Notes 2:3. 2009..Pdx-1 has the ability to permeate different cell types due to an inherent protein transduction domain (PTD). In this study, we evaluated liver-to-pancreas conversion of WB cells following Pdx-1 or Pdx-1-VP16 protein transduction...
- Ectopic transgenic expression of NKX2.2 induces differentiation of adult pancreatic progenitors and mediates islet regenerationShuyuan Chen
Baylor Research Institute, Dallas, TX, USA
Cell Cycle 11:1544-53. 2012..Nkx2.2 targeted to the pancreas by UTMD induces pancreatic progenitor cell proliferation and differentiation with subsequent islet regeneration and cure of STZ-induced diabetes for three months...
- Induction of insulin production in rat pancreatic acinar carcinoma cells by conophyllineK Umezawa
Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Applied Chemistry, Keio University, 3 14 1 Hiyoshi, Kohoku Ku, Yokohama 223 0061, Japan
Biomed Pharmacother 57:341-50. 2003....
- Transient upregulation of Nkx2.2 expression in oligodendrocyte lineage cells during remyelinationMasahiko Watanabe
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Glia 46:311-22. 2004..2 gene, which may trigger the existing NG2-expressing precursors in the adult CNS to undergo terminal differentiation into remyelinating OLs...
- Increased expression of Nkx2.2 and Olig2 identifies reactive oligodendrocyte progenitor cells responding to demyelination in the adult CNSStephen P J Fancy
Cambridge Centre for Brain Repair and Centre for Veterinary Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB3 0ES, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Neurosci 27:247-54. 2004..2 and Olig2 plays a critically important role in the differentiation of adult OPCs into remyelinating oligodendrocytes and that these genes may present novel targets for therapeutic manipulation in cases where remyelination is impaired...
- Stage-specific expression of myelin basic protein in oligodendrocytes involves Nkx2.2-mediated repression that is relieved by the Sp1 transcription factorQiou Wei
Division of Basic Biomedical Sciences, University of South Dakota School of Medicine, Vermillion, South Dakota 57069, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16284-94. 2005..2 in preventing the precocious expression of myelin basic protein in immature oligodendrocytes. Based on this study and our previous reports, a model for myelin basic protein gene control is proposed...
- Endogenous Nkx2.2+/Olig2+ oligodendrocyte precursor cells fail to remyelinate the demyelinated adult rat spinal cord in the absence of astrocytesJason F Talbott
The MD PhD Program, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Exp Neurol 192:11-24. 2005..In vivo electrophysiology demonstrated a limited and unsustained functional recovery concurrent with endogenous remyelination following EB-induced lesions...
- Nkx2.2 expression in differentiation of oligodendrocyte precursor cells and inhibitory factors for differentiation of oligodendrocytes after traumatic spinal cord injuryKaori Suyama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Surgical Science, Tokai University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neurotrauma 24:1013-25. 2007..These results suggest that environmental factors such as cytokines may affect Nkx2.2 expression or oligodendrocyte precursor cell differentiation in the contusion-induced spinal cord injury model...
- In vitro transformation of adult rat hepatic progenitor cells into pancreatic endocrine hormone-producing cellsHiroyuki Kawasaki
First Department of Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, S 1, W 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido 060 8543, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:310-7. 2008..Our goal in this study was to see if small hepatocytes (SHs) could give rise to pancreatic endocrine cells via exogenous Pdx-1 gene expression...
- Effects of progesterone on oligodendrocyte progenitors, oligodendrocyte transcription factors, and myelin proteins following spinal cord injuryFlorencia Labombarda
Laboratory of Neuroendocrine Biochemistry, Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental, CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Glia 57:884-97. 2009..Thus, progesterone effects on oligodendrogenesis and myelin proteins may constitute fundamental steps for repairing traumatic injury inflicted to the spinal cord...
- Identification of Juxtanodin promoter and its transcriptional regulation during the ATRA-induced differentiation of C6 cellsTao Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 350:177-83. 2011..In summary, our study here suggests that Nkx2.2 is one of the essential transcription factors delivering the specificity of JN promoter in oligodendrocytes...