Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ngf
Description: nerve growth factor
Alias: Ngfb, beta-NGF, beta-nerve growth factor, nerve growth factor (beta polypeptide)
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Production and characterization of biologically active recombinant beta nerve growth factorF Hallbook
Department of Medical Genetics, Uppsala University, Sweden
Mol Cell Biol 8:452-6. 1988DNA fragments encoding either rat or chicken beta nerve growth factor (NGF) were inserted in the expression vector p91023(B) for transient expression in COS cells...
- NGF and BDNF signaling control amyloidogenic route and Abeta production in hippocampal neuronsCarmela Matrone
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Via del Fosso di Fiorano 64, 00143 Rome, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13139-44. 2008Here, we report that interruption of NGF or BDNF signaling in hippocampal neurons rapidly activates the amyloidogenic pathway and causes neuronal apoptotic death...
- Paraplegia increased cardiac NGF content, sympathetic tonus, and the susceptibility to ischemia-induced ventricular tachycardia in conscious ratsHeidi L Lujan
Department of Physiology, Wayne State Univ School of Medicine, 540 E Canfield Ave, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1364-72. 2009..Furthermore, it is well known that sympathetic neurons have a lifelong requirement for nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- The role of enhanced cutaneous IL-1beta signaling in a rat tibia fracture model of complex regional pain syndromeWen Wu Li
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service, Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Pain 144:303-13. 2009..the modulation of nociceptive information and it acts as an intermediate inflammatory mediator via up-regulation of NGF. We hypothesized that IL-1beta signaling might mediate the development of the CRPS-like changes after tibial ..
- Endogenous nerve growth factor regulates collagen expression and bladder hypertrophy through Akt and MAPK pathways during cystitisChul Won Chung
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0551, USA
J Biol Chem 285:4206-12. 2010..The endogenous nerve growth factor (NGF) in the urinary bladder regulated type I collagen expression because the neutralizing NGF antibody attenuated ..
- Global expression analysis identified a preferentially nerve growth factor-induced transcriptional program regulated by sustained mitogen-activated protein kinase/extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and AP-1 protein activation during PC12 cell difSteven Mullenbrock
Department of Biology, Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 286:45131-45. 2011Neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells in response to NGF is a prototypical model in which signal duration determines a biological response...
- Nerve growth factor-mediated increases in protein methylation occur predominantly at type I arginine methylation sites and involve protein arginine methyltransferase 1Thomas R Cimato
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214 3000, USA
J Neurosci Res 67:435-42. 2002Nerve growth factor (NGF)-specific signal transduction leads to changes in protein methylation during neuronal differentiation of PC12 cells (Cimato et al.  J. Cell Biol. 138:1089-1103)...
- Selective inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 blocks nerve growth factor to brain-derived neurotrophic factor signaling and suppresses the development of and reverses already established pain behavior in ratsY Matsuoka
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Neuroscience 206:224-36. 2012..Although it is known that nerve growth factor (NGF) induces BDNF mRNA through extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERK), whether ERK1/2 or ERK5, two closely ..
- The influence of inhalative corticosteroids on circulating Nerve Growth Factor, Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor and Neurotrophin-3 in allergic asthmaticsO Noga
Allergy and Asthma Clinic, Charite Campus Virchow, Humboldt University Berlin, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1906-12. 2001The neurotrophins Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF) and Neurotrophin (NT)-3 are produced, stored and released by various immunological cells...
- NGF, BDNF, leptin, and mast cells in human coronary atherosclerosis and metabolic syndromeG N Chaldakov
Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria
Arch Physiol Biochem 109:357-60. 2001..implicated in cardiovascular tissue development and in lipid and glucose metabolism, the role of the neurotrophins NGF and BDNF and also the adipokine leptin in human coronary atherosclerosis and related disorders, such as metabolic ..
- A study of the cough reflex in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisBenjamin D M Hope-Gill
Respiratory Unit and Pathology Department, Morriston Hospital, Swansea, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 168:995-1002. 2003..The cough response to inhaled SP in most patients may reflect disrupted respiratory epithelium. The response to corticosteroids demonstrates that the cough is amenable to therapy...
- Stress alters vascular-endothelial growth factor expression in rat arteries: role of nerve growth factorLuigi Manni
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Section of Neurobiology, CNR, Roma, Italy
Basic Res Cardiol 100:121-30. 2005The aim of this study was to investigate the role of stress and nerve growth factor (NGF) on the expression of vascular-endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and NGF high-affinity receptor (tyrosine kinase A, TrKA) in the ascending and ..
- Cardiac NGF and GDNF expression during Trypanosoma cruzi infection in ratsPatrícia Massara Martinelli
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 130:32-40. 2006..work shows the cardiac levels of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF), and their cellular sources during T. cruzi infection in rats...
- beta-Nerve growth factor participates in an auto/paracrine pathway of regulation of the meiotic differentiation of rat spermatocytesMarie Hélene Perrard
INSERM, U418, Hopital Debrousse, 29 rue Soeur Bouvier, Lyon Cedex 05, France
J Cell Physiol 210:51-62. 2007b>NGF appears to be involved in spermatogenesis. However, mice lacking NGF or TrkA genes do not survive more than a few days whereas p75(NTR) knockout mice are viable and fertile...
- Expression profiles of BDNF splice variants in cultured DRG neurons stimulated with NGFYoshikazu Matsuoka
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama City 700 8558, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:682-8. 2007..Nerve growth factor (NGF) from inflammatory tissue is thought to induce expression of BDNF...
- Blockade of NGF and trk receptors inhibits increased peripheral mechanical sensitivity accompanying cystitis in ratsSimone D Guerios
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R111-22. 2008..may induce transient or persistent plastic changes mediated by neurotrophins, particularly nerve growth factor (NGF), which contribute to increased nociceptive input...
- Nerve growth factor attenuates proliferation of astrocytes via the p75 neurotrophin receptorAndrea B Cragnolini
Department of Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
Glia 57:1386-92. 2009..Treatment of hippocampal astrocytes with nerve growth factor (NGF) caused a reduction in cell number, but did not elicit an apoptotic response, in contrast to hippocampal neurons...
- Redundancy of the effect of TGFbeta1 and beta-NGF on the second meiotic division of rat spermatocytesMarie Hélene Perrard
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, Université Lyon I, CNRS, INRA, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lyon, F 69364, France
Microsc Res Tech 72:596-602. 2009..in cocultures of late pachytene/diplotene spermatocytes (PS/DS) with Sertoli cells, beta-nerve growth factor (beta-NGF) or transforming growth factor (TGFbeta1) regulates the second meiotic division by blocking secondary spermatocytes ..
- Tiam1 as a signaling mediator of nerve growth factor-dependent neurite outgrowthShahrzad Shirazi Fard
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
PLoS ONE 5:e9647. 2010Nerve Growth Factor (NGF)-induced neuronal differentiation requires the activation of members of the Rho family of small GTPases...
- Norepinephrine-induced nerve growth factor depletion causes cardiac sympathetic denervation in severe heart failureKensuke Kimura
Department of Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Cardiac Therapeutics, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Auton Neurosci 156:27-35. 2010..of circulating norepinephrine (NE) concentration, we investigated the temporal association of nerve growth factor (NGF) expression in the heart and cardiac sympathetic nerve density during the development of CHF in the continuous NE-..
- Inhibiting nerve growth factor or its receptors downregulates calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in rat lumbar dorsal root ganglia innervating injured intervertebral discsSumihisa Orita
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Orthop Res 28:1614-20. 2010Nerve growth factor (NGF) and its dual structurally unrelated receptors, tropomyosin-related kinase A (TrkA) or p75 neurotrophin receptor (p75(NTR)), cause the pathogenesis of discogenic pain...
- NGF and proNGF regulate functionally distinct mRNAs in PC12 cells: an early gene expression profilingMara D'Onofrio
Neurotrophic Factors and Neurodegenerative Diseases Unit, EBRI European Brain Research Institute, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e20839. 2011The biological activities of NGF and of its precursor proNGF are quite distinct, due to different receptor binding profiles, but little is known about how proNGF regulates gene expression...
- Impact of the NGF maturation and degradation pathway on the cortical cholinergic system phenotypeSimon Allard
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1Y6, Canada
J Neurosci 32:2002-12. 2012..Nerve growth factor (NGF) is the neurotrophin responsible for the phenotypic maintenance of basal forebrain cholinergic neurons in the ..
- Activation of extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase 5 is essential for cystitis- and nerve growth factor-induced calcitonin gene-related peptide expression in sensory neuronsSharon J Yu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Mol Pain 8:48. 2012..The molecular mechanism and signal transduction underlying cross talk between the inflamed urinary bladder and sensory sensitization has not been investigated...
- BDNF transcripts, proBDNF and proNGF, in the cortex and hippocampus throughout the life span of the ratMilka Perovic
Institute for Biological Research, University of Belgrade, Bulevar Despota Stefana 142, 11060, Belgrade, Serbia
Age (Dordr) 35:2057-70. 2013..We analyzed the impact of aging on brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF) protein isoforms, their receptors, and on the expression patterns of multiple 5' exon-specific BDNF transcripts in ..
- NGF induces adult stem Leydig cells to proliferate and differentiate during Leydig cell regenerationLei Zhang
Department of Cell Biology, College of Life Science and Technology, Jinan University, 510632 Guangzhou, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:300-5. 2013Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been reported to be involved in male reproductive physiology. However, few reports have described the activity of NGF during Leydig cell development...
- Neurotrophin system activation in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid immune cells in pulmonary sarcoidosisAlberto Ricci
Dipartimento di Scienze Cardiovascolari e Respiratorie, U O C Pneumologia Ospedale Sant Andrea, Universita La Sapienza Roma, Italy
Sarcoidosis Vasc Diffuse Lung Dis 22:186-94. 2005..We hypothesize that neurotrophins (NTs), nerve growth factor (NGF), brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and NT-3, besides their importance in immune system activities, ..
- Identification of new Nerve Growth Factor-responsive immediate-early genesT F Dijkmans
Division of Medical Pharmacology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9502, 2300 RA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Brain Res 1249:19-33. 2009Stimulation of the PC12 pheochromocytoma cell line with the prototypical neurotrophin Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) induces a cellular response of neuronal differentiation and is therefore a widely used model to gain molecular insight into ..
- Stretch-activated signaling of nerve growth factor secretion in bladder and vascular smooth muscle cells from hypertensive and hyperactive ratsD B Clemow
Department of Neuroscience, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Cell Physiol 183:289-300. 2000Elevated vascular (VSMC) and bladder smooth muscle (BSMC) NGF are associated with altered visceral innervation in the spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR: hypertensive, behaviorally hyperactive) compared with control Wistar-Kyotos (WKYs)...
- Nerve growth factor levels and mast cell distribution in human coronary atherosclerosisG N Chaldakov
Division of Electron Microscopy, Department of Forensic Medicine, Medical University, Varna, Bulgaria
Atherosclerosis 159:57-66. 2001Nerve growth factor (NGF), in addition to its neurotrophic function, acts on a variety of non-neuronal cells including immune cells and vascular smooth muscle cells...
- [Effects of Jinmaitong capsule on nerve growth factor in diabetic rats]Ling Qu
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 33:2539-44. 2008To study the effects of Jinmaitong Capsule (JMT) on the expression of NGF and NGF mRNA in STZ-induced diabetic rats.
- Reactive oxygen species, Ki-Ras, and mitochondrial superoxide dismutase cooperate in nerve growth factor-induced differentiation of PC12 cellsSilvana Cassano
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Molecolare e Cellulare, Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
J Biol Chem 285:24141-53. 2010Nerve growth factor (NGF) induces terminal differentiation in PC12, a pheochromocytoma-derived cell line. NGF binds a specific receptor on the membrane and triggers the ERK1/2 cascade, which stimulates the transcription of neural genes...
- The impact of short-lasting repeated vibrations on retrograde axonal transport, the expression of CGRP and parvalbumin in lower lumbar dorsal root gangliaJaroslav Pavel
Institute of Neurobiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kosice, Slovak Republic
Brain Res 1396:1-10. 2011..CGRP protein expression determined by Western blot analysis and optical density measurement, and NGF level measured by ELISA have been decreased, markedly only at the L4 DRG...
- [Changes of nerve growth factor and M3 subtype muscarinic receptor in the seminal vesicle of diabetic rats]Hai e Chen
Research Institute of Family Planning, Tongjin Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 17:1002-6. 2011..and search for the theoretical evidence for the prevention and treatment of diabetic infertility by observing changes in the contents of the nerve growth factor (NGF) and muscarinic M3 receptor in the seminal vesicle of diabetic rats.
- Influence of estrogen replacement and aging on the expression of nerve growth factor in the urethra of female ratsEliana V M Zucchi
Department of Gynecology, University Federal of São Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Neurourol Urodyn 31:702-5. 2012To evaluate the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) in the urethra of adult female rats in different hormonal status using immunohistochemical assay.
- Neural mobilization reverses behavioral and cellular changes that characterize neuropathic pain in ratsFabio M Santos
Department of Anatomy, Laboratory of Functional Neuroanatomy of Pain, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Pain 8:57. 2012..At the end of the sessions, the dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and spinal cord were analyzed using immunohistochemistry and Western blot assays for neural growth factor (NGF) and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP).
- The relation among NGF, EGF and insulin is important for triggering pancreatic β cell apoptosisS Gezginci-Oktayoglu
Department of Biology, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 28:654-62. 2012Nerve growth factor (NGF) is a well-known mediator for maintaining the survival of neurons, while recent studies report that its absence induces apoptosis in cultured β cells of humans and rats...
- Nerve growth factor-mediated regulation of pain signalling and proposed new intervention strategies in clinical pain managementLaura McKelvey
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, University College Cork, Cork, Ireland
J Neurochem 124:276-89. 2013Nerve growth factor (NGF) is the founding member of the neurotrophins family of proteins...
- Effect of nerve growth factor on the in vitro induction of apoptosis of human conjunctival epithelial cells by hyperosmolar stressSoon Suk Kang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55:535-41. 2014To evaluate the effects of nerve growth factor (NGF), which is activated during inflammatory episodes of ocular diseases, on the apoptotic response in cultured human primary conjunctival epithelial cells (pHCECs).
- proNGF/NGF mixtures induce gene expression changes in PC12 cells that neither singly producesIvan Arisi
Neurotrophic Factors and Neurodegenerative Diseases Laboratory, European Brain Research Institute EBRI Rita Levi Montalcini, Via del Fosso di Fiorano, 64, 00143 Roma, Italy
BMC Neurosci 15:48. 2014Growing evidence shows that, in vivo, the precursor of Nerve Growth Factor (NGF), proNGF, displays biological activities different from those of its mature NGF counterpart, mediated by distinct, and somewhat complementary, receptor ..
- The effect of mild stress stimulation on the nerve growth factor (NGF) and tyrosine kinase receptor A (TrkA) immunoreactivity in the paraventricular nucleus (PVN) of the hypothalamus and hippocampus in aged vs. adult ratsE Badowska-Szalewska
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Medical University of Gdansk, Dębinki Street 1, 80 211 Gdansk, Poland Electronic address
Neuroscience 290:346-56. 2015Ontogenetic life and stress can have different effects on the nerve growth factor (NGF) and its tyrosine kinase receptor A (TrkA) in the structures of the limbic system...
- Immune System Induction of Nerve Growth Factor in an Animal Model of Multiple Sclerosis: Implications in Re-Myelination and Myelin RepairCrystal Acosta
College of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Science, University of Manitoba, 750 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 14:1069-78. 2015Nerve growth factor (NGF) expression is augmented during neuroinflammation...
- Intra-articular nerve growth factor regulates development, but not maintenance, of injury-induced facet joint pain & spinal neuronal hypersensitivityJ V Kras
Department of Bioengineering, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA Electronic address
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 23:1999-2008. 2015The objective of the current study is to define whether intra-articular nerve growth factor (NGF), an inflammatory mediator that contributes to osteoarthritic pain, is necessary and sufficient for the development or maintenance of injury-..
- Protective effects of matrine on experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis via regulation of ProNGF and NGF signalingLin Zhu
Department of Pharmacy, The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan, China
Exp Mol Pathol 100:337-43. 2016..At the same time, MAT also prevented a decrease in the levels of NGF and its receptor TrkA, which together mediate the cell survival pathway and differentiation of OLGs...
- Immunohistochemical localization of nerve growth factor in fractured and unfractured rat boneB L Grills
School of Human Biosciences, Department of Physiology and Anatomy, La Trobe University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Acta Orthop Scand 69:415-9. 1998We detected nerve growth factor (NGF) by immunohistochemical localization in both fractured and unfractured rat rib...
- Intravesical Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide stimulates an increase in bladder nerve growth factorD E Bjorling
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
BJU Int 87:697-702. 2001To investigate the effects of the intravesical instillation of Escherichia coli lipopolysaccharide (LPS) on nerve growth factor (NGF, which may mediate the pain associated with inflammation) protein and mRNA in the bladders of mice.
- Intravesical botulinum toxin A injections plus hydrodistension can reduce nerve growth factor production and control bladder pain in interstitial cystitisHsin Tzu Liu
Department of Urology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital and Buddhist Tzu Chi University School of Medicine, Hualien, Taiwan
Urology 70:463-8. 2007To investigate the level of nerve growth factor (NGF) mRNA in bladder tissue and the effect of botulinum toxin A (BTX-A) treatment in patients with interstitial cystitis (IC).
- Antagonism of macrophage migration inhibitory factor decreases cyclophosphamide cystitis in micePedro L Vera
The Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, Bay Pines, Florida, USA
Neurourol Urodyn 29:1451-7. 2010..Therefore, we examined the effects of a MIF tautomerase inhibitor (ISO-1; also blocks biological activity) on cyclophosphamide (CYP)-induced cystitis in mice...
- Expression of axonal protein degradation machinery in sympathetic neurons is regulated by nerve growth factorJohn P Frampton
Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Neurosci Res 90:1533-46. 2012..the expression of proteins associated with lysosomes and proteasomes were upregulated selectively in axons by NGF stimulation of the distal axons of sympathetic neurons, suggesting that axonal growth and maintenance requires ..
- Development of heat hyperalgesia and changes of TRPV1 and NGF expression in rat dorsal root ganglion following joint immobilizationT Nishigami
Department of Physical Therapy, Konan Woman s University, Kobe, Japan
Physiol Res 62:215-9. 2013..to heat stimuli, and expression of transient receptor potential vanilloid1 (TRPV1) and nerve growth factor (NGF) in dorsal root ganglion (DRG) altered under conditions of long-term limb immobilization...
- [Study on the expressions of basic fibroblast growth factor and nervous growth factor genes in rat cerebral concussion]Rui Yun Peng
Institute of Radiation Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100850, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 15:213-6. 2003To study the expressions of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and nervous growth factor(NGF) genes in rat cerebral concussion.
- Gene therapy using replication-defective herpes simplex virus vectors expressing nerve growth factor in a rat model of diabetic cystopathyKatsumi Sasaki
Department of Urology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Diabetes 53:2723-30. 2004..replication-defective herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) vectors to deliver and express the nerve growth factor (NGF) gene (HSV-NGF) on tissue NGF levels and bladder function, were evaluated in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic ..
- Nerve growth factor mediates peripheral mechanical hypersensitivity that accompanies experimental cystitis in miceSimone Domit Guerios
Department of Surgical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Dr, Madison, 53706, USA
Neurosci Lett 392:193-7. 2006..To investigate the role of nerve growth factor (NGF) in these processes, other groups of mice received NGF antiserum, normal serum, or K252a intravenously 30 min after ..
- Functional characterization of a chronic cyclophosphamide-induced overactive bladder model in miceMathieu Boudes
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Neurourol Urodyn 30:1659-65. 2011..To describe a new mouse model of overactive bladder (OAB) at the histological level, pain, voiding behavior, and urodynamics, while assessing the physiological state of mice...
- Rate and irregularity of electrical activation during atrial fibrillation affect myocardial NGF expression via different signalling routesErol Saygili
Department of Cardiology, University RWTH Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Cell Signal 24:99-105. 2012..This study aimed to investigate the impact of rate and irregularity on nerve growth factor (NGF) expression in cardiomyocytes, since NGF is known to be the main contributor to cardiac sympathetic innervation ..
- Ras signaling in NGF reduction and TNF-α-related pancreatic β cell apoptosis in hyperglycemic ratsSelda Gezginci-Oktayoglu
Department of Biology, Istanbul University, Vezneciler, Istanbul, Turkey
Apoptosis 17:14-24. 2012Recent evidence suggested that tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α) and nerve growth factor (NGF) withdrawal activated a common apoptotic pathway...
- Effects of castration on the expression of the NGF and TrkA in the vas deferens and accessory male genital glands of the ratC Squillacioti
Department of Structures, Functions and biological Technologies University of Naples Federico II
Eur J Histochem 53:e29. 2009Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) is a member of the neurotrophin family...
- Matrix metalloproteinase-7 regulates cleavage of pro-nerve growth factor and is neuroprotective following kainic acid-induced seizuresAudrey P Le
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience, Rutgers University, Newark, New Jersey 07102, USA
J Neurosci 32:703-12. 2012The neurotrophin nerve growth factor (NGF) regulates neuronal growth, differentiation, and survival during development...
- [Observation on morphology and nerve growth factor expression in nasal mucosal of depression rats]Xiaobei Xu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Wuhan University People s Hospital, Wuhan, 430060, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 26:71-4. 2012To establish the rat model of depression and observe its morphological changes and nerve growth factor (NGF) expression in nasal mucosal.
- Serum and tear levels of nerve growth factor in diabetic retinopathy patientsKyoung Soo Park
Institute of Vision Research, Department of Ophthalmology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Am J Ophthalmol 145:432-7. 2008To measure serum and tear nerve growth factor (NGF) concentrations in diabetic retinopathy (DR) patients to determine whether the NGF correlated with parameters associated with DR.
- Calreticulin mediates nerve growth factor-induced neuronal differentiationYu Yin Shih
Laboratory of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan
J Mol Neurosci 47:571-81. 2012The nerve growth factor (NGF)/TrkA-signaling is necessary for neural development, and its abnormality has been tightly associated with the tumorigenesis of various cancers originated from the nervous system...
- Decreased expression of β-nerve growth factor correlated with histological changes in a cryptorchidism rat modelHua XIAN
Surgical Comprehensive Laboratory, Affiliated Hospital of Nantong University, Nantong, Jiangsu, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 125:713-6. 2012Nerve growth factor (NGF) is well-known for its important role in the development and maintenance of the nervous system...
- Use new PLGL-RGD-NGF nerve conduits for promoting peripheral nerve regenerationQiongjiao Yan
Biomedical Materials and Engineering Center, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan, Peoples Republic of China
Biomed Eng Online 11:36. 2012..Nerve conduits require additional factors such as cell adhesion molecules and neurotrophic factors to provide a more conducive microenvironment for nerve regeneration...
- Urinary nerve growth factor level in children with neurogenic bladder due to myelomeningoceleAgata Korzeniecka-Kozerska
Department of Paediatrics and Nephrology, Medical University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Scand J Urol 47:411-7. 2013..Nerve growth factor (NGF) is an important mediator inducing bladder overactivity in many pathological conditions...
- Vascular and neuronal protection induced by the ocular administration of nerve growth factor in diabetic-induced rat encephalopathyPaola Tirassa
Institute of Cellular Biology and Neurobiology, National Research Council CNR, Rome, Italy
CNS Neurosci Ther 19:307-18. 2013..The major NGF brain target areas, such as the septum and the hippocampus, were used as an experimental paradigma to test this ..
- mRNA for NGF and p75 in the central nervous system of rats affected by experimental allergic encephalomyelitisR De Simone
Institute of Neurobiology, CNR, Rome, Italy
Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol 22:54-9. 1996In this study we measured the concentration of nerve growth factor (NGF) and the expression of NGF and the low affinity NGF-receptor (NGF-r) mRNA in the central nervous system (CNS) of rats affected by experimental allergic ..
- Nerve growth factor induces systemic hyperalgesia after thoracic burn injury in the ratMasashi Ueda
Department of Anesthesiology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kamikyo ku, Kyoto, 602 0841, Japan
Neurosci Lett 328:97-100. 2002..The concentration of nerve growth factor (NGF) in the skin of the chest increased markedly during the healing stage...
- Attenuation of mechanical hyperalgesia following spinal cord injury by administration of antibodies to nerve growth factor in the ratYoung Seob Gwak
Department of Physiology, Brain Research Institute, and BK21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, CPO Box 8044, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Neurosci Lett 336:117-20. 2003..Since there is evidence that nerve growth factor (NGF) contributes to pain-related behaviors, we wished to determine if anti-NGF might inhibit abnormal somatosensory ..
- Bone marrow stromal cells produce nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorsRocio Garcia
International Center for Neurological Restoration, Havana City, Cuba
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:753-4. 2004..The objective of this work was determine whether rat BMSC express NGF and GDNF, in order to study its potential application for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases...
- S100B increases proliferation in PC12 neuronal cells and reduces their responsiveness to nerve growth factor via Akt activationCataldo Arcuri
Section of Anatomy, Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, 06122 Perugia, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:4402-14. 2005..following: (i) proliferation was higher in S100B+ PC12 cells than in S100B- PC12 cells; (ii) nerve growth factor (NGF), which decreased the proliferation of S100B- PC12 cells, was less effective in the case of S100B+ PC12 cells; (iii)..
- Molecular and behavioral changes in nociception in a novel rat model of chronic pancreatitis for the study of painJohn H Winston
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Medical Branch, 4 106 McCullough Building, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston TX 77555 0764, USA
Pain 117:214-22. 2005..and substance P (SP) in the thoracic dorsal root ganglia receiving input from the pancreas and nerve growth factor (NGF) in the pancreas were measured...
- Neuronal loss and expression of neurotrophic factors in a model of rat chronic compressive spinal cord injuryKazuma Kasahara
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Fukui, Fukui, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:2059-66. 2006..An experimental animal study about neuronal loss and the expression of neurotrophic factors in the chronic compressive spinal cords...
- [Experimental study on the mechanisms of regulating airway neurogenic inflammation in asthma by never growth factor and leukemia inhibitory factor]Jin Qi Zhu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 29:376-80. 2006To study the mechanisms of regulating airway neurogenic inflammation in asthma by never growth factor (NGF) and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), and then to explore new targets in treating asthma.
- Aldose reductase inhibitor ONO-2235 restores the alterations of bladder nerve growth factor and neurotrophin receptor p75 genetic expression in streptozotocin induced diabetic ratsYat Ching Tong
Departments of Urology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Urol 178:2203-7. 2007....
- Thrombopoietin inhibits nerve growth factor-induced neuronal differentiation and ERK signallingAnatoly Samoylenko
University of Wurzburg, Section of Experimental Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Josef Schneider St 11, 97080 Wurzburg, Germany
Cell Signal 20:154-62. 2008..Surprisingly, TPO inhibited nerve growth factor (NGF)-induced differentiation of PC12 cells in a dose- and time-dependent manner...
- Bone marrow stromal cells control the growth of hepatic stellate cells in vitroLijun Shi
Department of Gastroenterology, the First Affiliated Clinic College of Harbin Medical University, Heilongjiang, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:2969-74. 2008..The effect of BMSCs on the apoptosis of HSCs is possibly via the JNK pathway activated by nerve growth factor (NGF) and hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) secreted by BMSCs...
- Dissecting NGF interactions with TrkA and p75 receptors by structural and functional studies of an anti-NGF neutralizing antibodySonia Covaceuszach
Lay Line Genomics SpA, Via di Castel Romano 100, I 00128 Rome, Italy
J Mol Biol 381:881-96. 2008The anti-nerve growth factor (NGF) monoclonal antibody alphaD11 is a potent antagonist that neutralizes the biological functions of its antigen in vivo...
- Nerve growth factor promotes development of glucose-induced insulin secretion in rat neonate pancreatic beta cells by modulating calcium channelsVictor Navarro-Tableros
Departamento de Biofisica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Mexico City, Mexico
Channels (Austin) 1:408-16. 2007..Adult rat beta cells synthesize and secrete nerve growth factor (NGF) and express NGF receptors...
- [The expression of NGF after rat diffuse axonal injury]Zong Yun Chen
Department of Forensic Medicine, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241000, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 24:172-4. 2008To study the expression of nerve growth factor (NGF) in diffuse axonal injury (DAI) in rat.
- Nerve sprouting suppresses myocardial I(to) and I(K1) channels and increases severity to ventricular fibrillation in ratChongyu Ren
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, School of Basic Medicine Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, PR China
Auton Neurosci 144:22-9. 2008..nerve sprouting by chronic subcutaneous injection of 4-methylcatechol, a potent stimulator of nerve growth factor (NGF) synthesis. Cardiac sympathetic nerves were visualized by immunohistochemical staining...
- Effects of nicergoline on corneal epithelial wound healing in rat eyesSu Young Kim
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:621-5. 2009..To investigate the effect of nicergoline on corneal epithelial wound healing in rats...
- Glaucoma alters the expression of NGF and NGF receptors in visual cortex and geniculate nucleus of rats: effect of eye NGF applicationValentina Sposato
Institute of Neurobiology and Molecular Medicine, Section of Neurobiology, National Research Council CNR, Via del Fosso di Fiorano, 64 65, I 00143 Rome, Italy
Vision Res 49:54-63. 2009We investigated the effect of glaucoma (GL) on nerve growth factor (NGF) presence in two brain visual areas...
- Gene expression profiles of neurotrophic factors in rat cultured spinal cord cells under cyclic tensile stressKenzo Uchida
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Medicine, Fukui University Faculty of Medical Sciences, Fukui, Japan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:2596-604. 2008..An experimental study to investigate the in vitro gene expression of neurotrophic factors and receptors in cultured rat spinal cord cells subjected to cyclic mechanical stretch forces...
- Modulation of rat parasympathetic cardiac ganglion phenotype and NGF synthesis by adrenergic nervesWohaib Hasan
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Auton Neurosci 145:17-26. 2009..Parasympathetic neurons elsewhere synthesize the neurotrophin NGF, which may promote postganglionic axonal associations where parasympathetic axons inhibit sympathetic transmitter ..
- Combination therapy with intranasal NGF and electroacupuncture enhanced cell proliferation and survival in rats after strokeSongming Cheng
Department of Neurology, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Nanjing, China
Neurol Res 31:753-8. 2009..to investigate the effects of the combination therapy with intranasal (IN) administration of nerve growth factor (NGF) and electroacupuncture (EA) on neural progenitors and neurological functional recovery in adult rats after focal ..
- In vitro effects of low-level laser irradiation for bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: proliferation, growth factors secretion and myogenic differentiationJian feng Hou
Department of Surgery, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Lasers Surg Med 40:726-33. 2008..However, little is known about the effects of LLLI on BMSCs. The aim of this study was designed to investigate the influence of LLLI at different energy densities on BMSCs proliferation, secretion and myogenic differentiation...
- The roles of nerve growth factor and cholecystokinin in the enhancement of morphine analgesia in a rodent model of central nervous system inflammationDimitris N Xanthos
Department of Anesthesia, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Neuropharmacology 56:684-91. 2009..the mechanisms underlying this effect, in particular the roles of cholecystokinin (CCK) and nerve growth factor (NGF), in an animal model of central nervous system (CNS) inflammation induced by spinal administration of ..
- Regulation of nerve growth factor in the heart: the role of the calcineurin-NFAT pathwayObaida R Rana
Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Pulmonology, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:568-78. 2009..Cardiomyocytes control their local neural milieu by expression of nerve growth factor (NGF), which triggers sympathetic neural growth (sympathetic nerve sprouting: SNS)...
- NGF protects paravertebral but not prevertebral sympathetic neurons against exposure to high glucose in vitroYemane K Semra
Research Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Division of Biosciences, UCL, London, UK
Brain Res 1285:164-73. 2009..Changes in neurotrophic support by NGF occur during postnatal development and are implicated in diabetic neuropathy...
- Forced, moderate-intensity treadmill exercise suppresses apoptosis by increasing the level of NGF and stimulating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase signaling in the hippocampus of induced aging ratsChang Hun Chae
School of Sport Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Chunchun dong, Jangan gu, Suwon 440 746, South Korea
Neurochem Int 55:208-13. 2009While nerve growth factor (NGF) activates various signaling cascades, the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-K)/Akt pathway plays a pivotal role in controlling the survival of neurons, although this activity declines during the aging ..
- ERK5 activity is required for nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth and stabilization of tyrosine hydroxylase in PC12 cellsYutaro Obara
Department of Cellular Signaling, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba, Aramaki, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:23564-73. 2009..Nerve growth factor (NGF) induced phosphorylation of both ERK5 and ERK1/2, whereas the cAMP analog dibutyryl cAMP (Bt(2)cAMP) caused only ..
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of the protein expression of nerve growth factor and its TrkA receptor in rat limbic regions following electroshock seizuresGiuseppe Conti
Department of Pharmacology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Neurosci Res 65:201-9. 2009..shock (ECS) decreases neuronal death in limbic system and increases mRNA levels for nerve growth factor (NGF). Thus, the induction of NGF is a potential mechanism for the neuroprotection evoked by repeated ECS...
- NGF is essential for hippocampal plasticity and learningJames M Conner
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Neurosci 29:10883-9. 2009Nerve growth factor (NGF) is produced in the hippocampus throughout life and is retrogradely trafficked to septal cholinergic neurons, providing a potential mechanism for modulating cholinergic inputs and, thereby, hippocampal plasticity...
- Cytostatic factor proteins are present in male meiotic cells and beta-nerve growth factor increases mos levels in rat late spermatocytesMarie Hélene Perrard
Institut de Génomique Fonctionnelle de Lyon, Universite de Lyon, INRA UMR 1288, CNRS UMR 5242, Universite Lyon 1, Ecole Normale Superieure de Lyon, Lyon, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7237. 2009In co-cultures of pachytene spermatocytes with Sertoli cells, beta-NGF regulates the second meiotic division by blocking secondary spermatocytes in metaphase (metaphase II), and thereby lowers round spermatid formation...
- Combined effects of chronic nicotine and acute virus exposure on neurotrophin expression in rat lungFernando Urrego
Ochsner Children s Health Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 44:1075-84. 2009..Expression of the neurotrophins nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor, of their high-affinity tyrosine kinase receptors (trkA and trkB, ..
- Nerve growth factor enhances Clara cell proliferation after lung injuryS S Sonar
Dept of Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, Biomedical Research Center, Hans Meerweinstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Eur Respir J 36:105-15. 2010..Nerve growth factor (NGF) has been well described in airway inflammation; however, its likely role in lung repair has not been examined thus ..
- Effects of repeated minimal electroshock seizures on NGF, BDNF and FGF-2 protein in the rat brain during postnatal developmentJinsook Kim
Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:227-32. 2010..different stages of postnatal development and examined basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2), nerve growth factor (NGF), and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) proteins in selected brain regions in which these trophic factors ..
- Bradykinin and nerve growth factor play pivotal roles in muscular mechanical hyperalgesia after exercise (delayed-onset muscle soreness)Shiori Murase
Department of Neuroscience II, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
J Neurosci 30:3752-61. 2010..B(1) antagonist was ineffective, regardless of the timing of its injection. Upregulation of nerve growth factor (NGF) mRNA and protein occurred in exercised muscle over a comparable time course (12 h to 2 d after LC) for muscle ..
- Lower urinary tract dysfunction in Parkinson's diseaseNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2003..This is a high priority in the urologic care of patients with Parkinson's disease. ..
- REGULATION OF BLADDER NGF BY ESTROGENDale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research will test the hypothesis that the sex hormone estrogen increases nerve growth factor (NGF) release and uptake in the bladder, thereby predisposing to bladder inflammation and accounting for gender-related ..
- 2006 AUA/SBUR Summer Research Conference "Urothelial Biology & Bladder Cancer"Dale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neurophysiology and Biomechanics of Urethra in Stress Urinary IncontinenceNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2008..This is recognized as a high priority in the urologic/gynecologic care of SUI patients. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- AFFERENT PLASTICITY UNDERLYING URETHRAL AND PELVIC PAINNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2010..Secondly, we will explore the regulatory role of two different neurotrophic factors (NGF and GDNF) in the emergence of C-fiber hyperexcitability involved in LUT pain since these two factors reportedly ..
- Neurovascular and Behavorial Response to CystitisDALE EDMOND BJORLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Role of CD14 and TLR4 in Urothelial Response to LPS.Dale Bjorling; Fiscal Year: 2004..The long-range goal of this research is to identify strategies to minimize pain and harmful cellular effects associated with cystitis due to LPS-producing gram-negative bacteria. ..
- Bladder Pain Gene Therapy with Pro-opiomelanocortin cDNANaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2004..This research project is important to provide a solid basis for potential future clinical application. ..
- Afferent modulation in bladde dysfunctionNaoki Yoshimura; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract not provided ..