Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nfe2l2
Description: nuclear factor, erythroid 2-like 2
Alias: nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2, NF-E2-related factor 2, NFE2-related factor 2, nrf2, nuclear factor, erythroid derived 2, like 2
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Keap1-dependent proteasomal degradation of transcription factor Nrf2 contributes to the negative regulation of antioxidant response element-driven gene expressionMichael McMahon
Biomedical Research Centre, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 278:21592-600. 2003Keap1 is a negative regulator of Nrf2, a bZIP transcription factor that mediates adaptation to oxidative stress...
- Nrf2 controls constitutive and inducible expression of ARE-driven genes through a dynamic pathway involving nucleocytoplasmic shuttling by Keap1Truyen Nguyen
Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
J Biol Chem 280:32485-92. 2005b>Nrf2 regulates the expression of genes encoding antioxidant proteins involved in cellular redox homeostasis...
- Peroxynitrite induces HO-1 expression via PI3K/Akt-dependent activation of NF-E2-related factor 2 in PC12 cellsMei Hua Li
National Research Laboratory, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Shinlim Dong, Kwanak Ku, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 41:1079-91. 2006..there was a time-related increase in nuclear localization and subsequent binding of NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) to the antioxidant-responsive element (ARE)...
- Nrf2-dependent upregulation of antioxidative enzymes: a novel pathway for proteasome inhibitor-mediated cardioprotectionHenryk Dreger
Medizinische Klinik für Kardiologie und Angiologie, Campus Mitte, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 83:354-61. 2009..Here, we have addressed the question whether the induction of antioxidative enzymes contributes to cardioprotection by non-toxic proteasome inhibition...
- Curcumin upregulates transcription factor Nrf2, HO-1 expression and protects rat brains against focal ischemiaChenhui Yang
Department of Neurology, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, China
Brain Res 1282:133-41. 2009..The transcription factor nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) coordinates expression of genes required for free radical scavenging, detoxification of xenobiotics, and ..
- Cyclo(His-Pro) up-regulates heme oxygenase 1 via activation of Nrf2-ARE signallingAlba Minelli
Dipartimento Medicina Sperimentale Scienze Biochimiche, Sezione Biochimica Cellulare, Universita di Perugia, Perugia, Italia
J Neurochem 111:956-66. 2009..by the cleavage of the thyrotropin releasing hormone, has a cytoprotective effect through a mechanism involving Nrf2 activation that decreases production of reactive oxygen species and increases glutathione synthesis...
- Contribution of impaired Nrf2-Keap1 pathway to oxidative stress and inflammation in chronic renal failureHyun Ju Kim
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F662-71. 2010..Nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor-2 (Nrf2) confers protection against tissue injury by orchestrating antioxidant and detoxification responses to oxidative ..
- After cellular internalization, quercetin causes Nrf2 nuclear translocation, increases glutathione levels, and prevents neuronal death against an oxidative insultFlorencia Arredondo
Departamento de Neuroquimica, Instituto de Investigaciones Biologicas Clemente Estable, 11600 Montevideo, Uruguay
Free Radic Biol Med 49:738-47. 2010..We further explored the activation of the protective NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)-dependent signaling pathway by quercetin using immunocytochemistry techniques...
- Resveratrol protects diabetic kidney by attenuating hyperglycemia-mediated oxidative stress and renal inflammatory cytokines via Nrf2-Keap1 signalingP Palsamy
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai, 600 025 Tamilnadu, India
Biochim Biophys Acta 1812:719-31. 2011..mRNA and protein analyses substantiated that resveratrol treatment notably normalizes the renal expression of Nrf2/Keap1and its downstream regulatory proteins in the diabetic group of rats...
- Induction of NAD(P)H-quinone oxidoreductase 1 by antioxidants in female ACI rats is associated with decrease in oxidative DNA damage and inhibition of estrogen-induced breast cancerBhupendra Singh
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Carcinogenesis 33:156-63. 2012..Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (NRF2) and NAD(P)H-quinone oxidoreductase 1 (NQO1) were suppressed in E2-exposed mammary tissue and in mammary tumors ..
- Redox-sensitive transcription factor Nrf2 regulates vascular smooth muscle cell migration and neointimal hyperplasiaTakashi Ashino
Division of Toxicology, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, Showa University School of Pharmacy, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:760-8. 2013..Activation of the redox-sensitive transcription factor, nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), is pivotal in cellular defense against oxidative stress by transcriptional upregulation of antioxidant proteins...
- Role of impaired Nrf2 activation in the pathogenesis of oxidative stress and inflammation in chronic tubulo-interstitial nephropathyMohammad A Aminzadeh
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 28:2038-45. 2013..by 5/6 nephrectomy are associated with an impaired activation of nuclear factor-erythroid-2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) which is the master regulator of genes encoding many antioxidant and detoxifying enzymes...
- Attenuation of UVB-induced sunburn reaction and oxidative DNA damage with no alterations in UVB-induced skin carcinogenesis in Nrf2 gene-deficient miceYasuhiro Kawachi
Department of Dermatology, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Invest Dermatol 128:1773-9. 2008..The transcription factor Nrf2 (NF-E2-related factor 2) and its negative regulator protein, Keap1 (Kelch-like-ECH-associated protein 1), are ..
- Intrahippocampal injection of a lentiviral vector expressing Nrf2 improves spatial learning in a mouse model of Alzheimer's diseaseKatja Kanninen
Departments of Neurobiology and Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, A I Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, FI 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16505-10. 2009..against oxidative stress is induced by binding of the transcription factor nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) to the antioxidant response element (ARE) enhancer sequence...
- Nrf2/HO-1 pathway activation by manganese is associated with reactive oxygen species and ubiquitin-proteasome pathway, not MAPKs signalingHuangyuan Li
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, 350004, China
J Appl Toxicol 31:690-7. 2011..Accumulating data implicate NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) as a key regulator in the adaptive survival response to oxidative stress...
- Nrf2 expression by neurons, astroglia, and microglia in the cerebral cortical penumbra of ischemic ratsJon Dang
Institute of Neuroanatomy, Medical Faculty, RWTH Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
J Mol Neurosci 46:578-84. 2012..Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) represents one of the major regulators implicated in the endogenous defense system against oxidative stress...
- DL-3-n-butylphthalide extends survival by attenuating glial activation in a mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisXinhong Feng
Department of Neurology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 1, Shuaifuyuan, Dongcheng District, Beijing 100730, China
Neuropharmacology 62:1004-10. 2012..p65 and tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) protein levels and a slight upregulation of NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) and heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) were found in the spinal cord of Tg (SOD1-G93A) mice treated by dl-NBP...
- Melatonin inhibits type 1 interferon signaling of toll-like receptor 4 via heme oxygenase-1 induction in hepatic ischemia/reperfusionJung Woo Kang
School of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Korea
J Pineal Res 53:67-76. 2012..Melatonin enhanced the level of NF-E2-related factor-2 (Nrf2) nuclear translocation, and ZnPP reversed this increase...
- Melatonin activates the Nrf2-ARE pathway when it protects against early brain injury in a subarachnoid hemorrhage modelZhong Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China
J Pineal Res 53:129-37. 2012..the relation between melatonin and nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 and antioxidant responsive element (Nrf2-ARE) pathway has not been studied in SAH models...
- Anti-fibrotic effects of L-2-oxothiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid via modulation of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 in ratsIn Hee Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Chonbuk National University Medical School and Hospital, Jeonju 561 712, Korea
BMB Rep 45:348-53. 2012..anti-fibrotic and anti-oxidative effects of OTC via modulation of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) in an in vivo thioacetamide (TAA)-induced hepatic fibrosis model...
- The renoprotective effect of L-carnitine in hypertensive rats is mediated by modulation of oxidative stress-related gene expressionSonia Zambrano
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, C Profesor García González 2, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
Eur J Nutr 52:1649-59. 2013..In addition, components of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) and redox-sensitive transcription factors (NF-κB, Nrf2, and PPARα) have also been evaluated.
- Association between polymorphism of the NQO1, NOS3 and NFE2L2 genes and AMDEwelina Synowiec
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Warsaw and Samodzielny Publiczny Kliniczny Szpital Okulistyczny, Sierakowskiego 13, 03 709 Warsaw, Poland
Front Biosci (Landmark Ed) 18:80-90. 2013..and removal of iron-mediated oxidation: NQO1 (609C> T, rs1800566), NOS3 (894G>T, rs1799983) and NFE2L2 (28312647A>G, rs6726395)...
- Alcohol causes alveolar epithelial oxidative stress by inhibiting the nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2-antioxidant response element signaling pathwayJ Spencer Jensen
Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Decatur, GA, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 48:511-7. 2013..Nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 (Nrf2) is a redox-sensitive master transcription factor that regulates activation of the antioxidant response element (..
- Resveratrol protects spinal cord dorsal column from hypoxic injury by activating Nrf-2V Kesherwani
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 7690, USA
Neuroscience 241:80-8. 2013..The neuroprotective effect is likely to be exerted by increased activation of transcription factor Nrf-2 by resveratrol along with its direct antioxidant effect to ameliorate the oxidative damage and preserve mitochondrial function...
- Diet-relevant phytochemical intake affects the cardiac AhR and nrf2 transcriptome and reduces heart failure in hypertensive ratsE Mitchell Seymour
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Nutr Biochem 24:1580-6. 2013..Phytochemicals alter in vitro aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AhR) and NF-E2 related factor (nrf2) transcription factor activity and related genes pertinent to antioxidant defense...
- Naphthazarin protects against glutamate-induced neuronal death via activation of the Nrf2/ARE pathwayTae Gen Son
Laboratory of Neurosciences, National Institute on Aging, Intramural Research Program, 251 Bayview Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 433:602-6. 2013Nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)/antioxidant response element (ARE) pathway is an important cellular stress response pathway involved in neuroprotection...
- Nrf2-regulated phase-II detoxification enzymes and phase-III transporters are induced by thyroid hormone in rat liverPamela Cornejo
Faculty of Medicine, Diego Portales University, Santiago, Chile
Biofactors 39:514-21. 2013..of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and redox-sensitive nuclear transcription factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) activation...
- Temporal and spatial distribution of Nrf2 in rat brain following stroke: quantification of nuclear to cytoplasmic Nrf2 content using a novel immunohistochemical techniqueSalil Srivastava
Cardiovascular Division, BHF Centre of Research Excellence, School of Medicine, King s College London, Franklin Wilkins Building, 150 Stamford Street, London SE1 9NH, UK
J Physiol 591:3525-38. 2013Activation of the redox-sensitive transcription factor NF-E2 related factor 2 (Nrf2) affords protection against cerebral ischaemia-reperfusion injury via the upregulation of antioxidant defence genes...
- Lipoxin A4-induced heme oxygenase-1 protects cardiomyocytes against hypoxia/reoxygenation injury via p38 MAPK activation and Nrf2/ARE complexXiao Qing Chen
Department of Pediatrics, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e67120. 2013....
- tert-Butylhydroquinone (tBHQ) protects hepatocytes against lipotoxicity via inducing autophagy independently of Nrf2 activationSongtao Li
Department of Kinesiology and Nutrition, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, Public Health College, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, PR China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1841:22-33. 2014..Nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2 (Nrf2) is a master transcriptional regulator of cellular antioxidant defense enzymes...
- Neuronal activity regulates astrocytic Nrf2 signalingAgata Habas
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:18291-6. 2013Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), the transcriptional master regulator of the stress-induced antioxidant response, plays a key role in neuronal resistance to oxidative stress and glutamate-induced excitotoxicity...
- Nrf2 activation in the liver of rats subjected to a preconditioning sub-chronic iron protocolPaula Morales
Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology Program, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Food Funct 5:243-50. 2014..cytoprotective mechanisms that may involve redox-sensitive nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)...
- Delayed remote ischemic preconditioning produces an additive cardioprotection to sevoflurane postconditioning through an enhanced heme oxygenase 1 level partly via nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 nuclear translocationChenghui Zhou
Department of Anesthesiology, State Key Laboratory of Cardiovascular Disease, Fuwai Hospital, National Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 19:558-66. 2014..Such trend was also observed in the nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) nuclear translocation, an upstream regulation of HO-1...
- Essential role of PH domain and leucine-rich repeat protein phosphatase 2 in Nrf2 suppression via modulation of Akt/GSK3β/Fyn kinase axis during oxidative hepatocellular toxicityF Rizvi
1 Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research, New Delhi, India 2 Herbal Research Section, Food Drug and Chemical Toxicology Division, Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Indian Institute of Toxicology Research CSIR IITR, Lucknow, India
Cell Death Dis 5:e1153. 2014Instances of sustained oxidative activity have been shown to involve dysregulation of Nrf2-mediated transcriptional induction; however, mechanisms warranting Nrf2-repression remain unclear...
- Naringenin attenuates CCl4 -induced hepatic inflammation by the activation of an Nrf2-mediated pathway in ratsMohammad Ali Esmaeili
Department of Biology, Medicinal Plants and Drug Research Institute, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 41:416-22. 2014..Naringenin treatment significantly increased NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) and heme oxygenase (HO-1) expression in injured livers...
- Derivative of bardoxolone methyl, dh404, in an inverse dose-dependent manner lessens diabetes-associated atherosclerosis and improves diabetic kidney diseaseSih Min Tan
Oxidative Stress Laboratory, Diabetic Complications Division, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes 63:3091-103. 2014..In this study, we have used a novel analog of the NFE2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) agonist bardoxolone methyl, dh404, to investigate its effects on diabetic macrovascular and renal injury in ..
- Regulation of hemeoxygenase-1 gene expression by Nrf2 and c-Jun in tertiary butylhydroquinone-stimulated rat primary astrocytesJin Sun Park
Department of Molecular Medicine and Global Top5 Research Program, Tissue Injury Defense Research Center, Ewha Womans University Medical School, Seoul 158 710, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 447:672-7. 2014..In addition, tBHQ increased the nuclear translocation and DNA binding of Nrf2 and c-Jun to ARE...
- Nrf2-inducing anti-oxidation stress response in the rat liver--new beneficial effect of lansoprazoleYasunobu Yamashita
2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Wakayama Medical University Graduate School of Medicine, Wakayama, Japan
PLoS ONE 9:e97419. 2014..rats produced a dose-dependent increase in hepatic mRNA levels of nuclear factor, erythroid-derived 2, -like 2 (Nrf2), a redox-sensitive transcription factor, at 3 h and Nrf2 immunoreactivity (IR) in whole hepatic lysates at 6 h...
- CO Induces Nrf2-Dependent Heme Oxygenase-1 Transcription by Cooperating with Sp1 and c-Jun in Rat Brain AstrocytesPei Ling Chi
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and Health Ageing Research Center, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei Shan, 33302, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Mol Neurobiol 52:277-92. 2015..interfering RNA (siRNA) of c-Jun, specificity protein 1 (Sp1), or nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2). Immunoprecipitation assay showed that CORM-2 increased the association of nuclear Nrf2 with Sp1 and c-Jun...
- Antiarrhythmic effect of lithium in rats after myocardial infarction by activation of Nrf2/HO-1 signalingTsung Ming Lee
Cardiology Section, Department of Medicine, China Medical University An Nan Hospital, Tainan 709, Taiwan Department of Medicine, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, College of Medicine, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 77:71-81. 2014..GSK-3) signaling has been shown to play a role in the regulation of nuclear factor erythroid-2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), a master regulator of antioxidant genes, including heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1)...
- Role of Nrf2 signal pathway in rats with deep hypothermia ischemia/reperfusion injury undergoing remote postconditioningZ Y Wu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Genet Mol Res 14:492-9. 2015..of rats with deep hypothermia ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury and the role of nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) signaling in this process...
- The protective effects of endogenous hydrogen sulfide modulator, S-propargyl-cysteine, on high glucose-induced apoptosis in cardiomyocytes: A novel mechanism mediated by the activation of Nrf2Hebei Yang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Eur J Pharmacol 761:135-43. 2015..SPRC increased stability and nuclear translocation of Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), up-regulated expression of antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) and interfered with the interaction ..
- N-acetylcysteine protects against liver injure induced by carbon tetrachloride via activation of the Nrf2/HO-1 pathwayZhaobin Cai
Xixi Hospital of Hangzhou Affiliated to Zhejiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine Hangzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:8655-62. 2015..Treatment with NAC had been shown to an increase in nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) and heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) mRNA levels...
- Nrf2 transcriptional derepression from Keap1 by dietary polyphenolsHenry K Bayele
Department of Structural and Molecular Biology, Division of Biosciences, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom Electronic address
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469:521-8. 2016..These genes are mainly regulated by Nrf2, making this transcription factor a target for small molecule discovery to treat such diseases...
- Hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning ameliorates hypoxia-ischemia brain damage by activating Nrf2 expression in vivo and in vitroXiao Zhai
a Graduate Management Unit of Changhai Hospital Affiliated to the Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, PR China
Free Radic Res 50:454-66. 2016..hyperbaric oxygen preconditioning (HBO-PC) could ameliorate hypoxia-ischemia brain damage (HIBD) by an increase of Nrf2 expression...
- BQ123 Stimulates Skeletal Muscle Antioxidant Defense via Nrf2 Activation in LPS-Treated RatsAgata Kowalczyk
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Chair of Experimental and Clinical Physiology, Medical University of Lodz, 6 8 Mazowiecka Street, 92 215 Lodz, Poland
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016:2356853. 2016..to evaluate whether BQ123, an endothelin-A receptor antagonist, influences the level of TNF-α, IL-6, SOD-1, HO-1, Nrf2 mRNA, and NF-κB subunit RelA/p65 mRNA in the femoral muscle obtained from endotoxemic rats...
- Hawthorn Fruit Extract Elevates Expression of Nrf2/HO-1 and Improves Lipid Profiles in Ovariectomized RatsJeong Hyun Yoo
Division of Food and Nutritional Science and Life Systems, College of Science, Sookmyung Women s University, Seoul 04310, Korea
Nutrients 8:. 2016..05). The mRNA expression of nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor (Nrf2), heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), and glutathione peroxidase (GPx) were significantly decreased in the OVX group, whereas ..
- Salvianolic Acid B Prevents Iodinated Contrast Media-Induced Acute Renal Injury in Rats via the PI3K/Akt/Nrf2 PathwayLiu Tongqiang
Division of Nephrology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China Division of Nephrology, The Affiliated Changzhou No 2 Hospital of Nanjing Medical College, Changzhou, Jiangsu 213003, China
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016:7079487. 2016..histological changes of renal tubular injuries, reduced the number of apoptosis-positive tubular cells, activated Nrf2, and lowered the levels of renal oxidative stress induced by iodinated contrast media...
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced preconditioning protects against traumatic spinal cord injury by upregulating Nrf2 expression in ratsWeichao Li
Faculty of Medical Science, Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China Department of Orthopedic Surgery, First People s Hospital of Yunnan Province, Affiliated Hospital of Kunming University of Science and Technology, Kunming, China Electronic address
Life Sci 162:14-20. 2016Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced preconditioning protects neurons against traumatic spinal cord injury (TSCI) in rats. This study sought to test whether Nrf2, a transcription factor, mediated LPS-induced preconditioning.
- Activation of the Nrf2 Signaling Pathway Involving KLF9 Plays a Critical Role in Allicin Resisting Against Arsenic Trioxide-Induced Hepatotoxicity in RatsDaqian Yang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northeast Agricultural University, 59 Mucai Street, Harbin, 150030, China
Biol Trace Elem Res . 2016..of proteins reduced by As2O3 including nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), heme oxygenase 1, nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate:quinone oxidoreductase 1, and Krüppel-like factor ..
- Intranasal insulin exerts beneficial effects by improving cerebral blood flow, Nrf-2 expression and BDNF in STZ (ICV) induced memory-impaired ratsN Rajasekar
Divisions of Pharmacology and Toxicology, CSIR Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, 226031, India Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research AcSIR, Chennai, India
Life Sci . 2016..But, their neuroprotective mechanisms are largely unexplored. Therefore, we investigated the protective effect of intranasal insulin in intracerebroventricular (ICV) streptozotocin (STZ) induced memory impairment in rats...
- Transcription factor Nrf2 regulates inflammation by mediating the effect of 15-deoxy-Delta(12,14)-prostaglandin j(2)Ken Itoh
ERATO Environmental Response Project, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305 8577, Japan
Mol Cell Biol 24:36-45. 2004Activated macrophages express high levels of Nrf2, a transcription factor that positively regulates the gene expression of antioxidant and detoxication enzymes...
- Genetic or pharmacologic amplification of nrf2 signaling inhibits acute inflammatory liver injury in miceWilliam O Osburn
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Toxicol Sci 104:218-27. 2008..The transcription factor NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) regulates the expression of a battery of antioxidative enzymes and Nrf2 signaling can be activated by small-..
- Epigallocatechin-3-gallate augments antioxidant activities and inhibits inflammation during bleomycin-induced experimental pulmonary fibrosis through Nrf2-Keap1 signalingNarayanan Sriram
Department of Biochemistry, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, Tamilnadu, India
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 22:221-36. 2009..Confocal microscopy, immunoblot and RT-PCR studies confirm that EGCG is a potent inducer of NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)...
- Nrf2-encoding NFE2L2 haplotypes influence disease progression but not risk in Alzheimer's disease and age-related cataractMalin von Otter
Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, Bla Straket 15, the Sahlgrenska Academy at University of Gothenburg, S 413 45 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mech Ageing Dev 131:105-10. 2010..We hypothesize that common variants of NFE2L2 and KEAP1, the genes encoding the main regulators of the Nrf2 system, an important defence system against ..
- [Roles of NRF2 regulating gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase in lung of rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Lin Chen
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Geriatric Hospital of Hunan Province, Changsha 410001, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 24:339-42. 2008..synthetase (gamma-GCS) and NF-E2-related factor2 (NRR2) in lung of rat with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)in order to elucidate the possible important role of gamma-GCS and NRF2 in pathogenesis of COPD.
- Thiol redox disturbances in children with severe asthma are associated with posttranslational modification of the transcription factor nuclear factor (erythroid-derived 2)-like 2Anne M Fitzpatrick
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 127:1604-11. 2011..Airway thiol redox disturbances, including depletion of the antioxidant, glutathione, are differentiating features of severe asthma in children...
- Activation of the nuclear factor E2-related factor 2/antioxidant response element pathway is neuroprotective after spinal cord injuryXiaoliang Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, People s Republic of China
J Neurotrauma 29:936-45. 2012..lead to cell death and are tightly regulated by nuclear factor E2-related factor 2/antioxidant response element (Nrf2/ARE) signaling. Here, we investigated whether activation of Nrf2/ARE is neuroprotective following SCI...
- A defect in Nrf2 signaling constitutes a mechanism for cellular stress hypersensitivity in a genetic rat model of type 2 diabetesMilad S Bitar
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, University of Kuwait, Safat, Kuwait
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E1119-29. 2011b>Nrf2 regulates the expression and coordinated induction of a battery of antioxidant phase 2 genes that protect cells against the cumulative damaging effects of oxidative stress (OS), a major contributor in the development of chronic ..
- Danshen-Gegen decoction protects against hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced apoptosis by inhibiting mitochondrial permeability transition via the redox-sensitive ERK/Nrf2 and PKCε/mKATP pathways in H9c2 cardiomyocytesPo Yee Chiu
Division of Life Science, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, China
Phytomedicine 19:99-110. 2012..The DG-induced ERK1/2 activation was followed by the translocation of Nrf2 from the cytosol to the mitochondria accompanied by an increase in the expression of glutathione-related ..
- Low-molecular-weight compounds having neurotrophic activity in cultured PC12 cells and neuronsHiroki Maruoka
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Department of Life Science and Biotechnology, Materials and Bioengineering and Strategic Research Base, Kansai University, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Biochem 150:473-5. 2011..Carnosic acid (CA) promotes neurite outgrowth through the activation of Nrf2 in PC12 cells. CA also protects neurons via the keap/Nrf2 transcriptional pathway from oxidative stress...
- Induction of glutathione synthesis and heme oxygenase 1 by the flavonoids butein and phloretin is mediated through the ERK/Nrf2 pathway and protects against oxidative stressYa Chen Yang
Department of Health and Nutrition Biotechnology, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Free Radic Biol Med 51:2073-81. 2011..Butein treatment activated the ERK1/2 signaling pathway and increased Nrf2 nuclear translocation, Nrf2 nuclear protein-DNA binding activity, and ARE-luciferase reporter activity...
- Carnosic acid induces the NAD(P)H: quinone oxidoreductase 1 expression in rat clone 9 cells through the p38/nuclear factor erythroid-2 related factor 2 pathwayChia Wen Tsai
Department of Nutrition, China Medical University, Taichung 404, Taiwan
J Nutr 141:2119-25. 2011..Furthermore, CA dose dependently induced transcription of nuclear factor erythroid-2 related factor 2 (Nrf2) and antioxidant response element (ARE)-luciferase reporter activity...
- Identification of age-specific Nrf2 binding to a novel antioxidant response element locus in the Gclc promoter: a compensatory means for the loss of glutathione synthetic capacity in the aging rat liver?Swapna V Shenvi
Molecular and Cellular Biology Program, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Aging Cell 11:297-304. 2012NFE2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) transcriptionally governs the cellular response to harmful electrophiles, xenobiotics, and reactive oxygen species. Its nuclear levels decline with age (Suh et al...
- Nrf2 inhibits hepatic iron accumulation and counteracts oxidative stress-induced liver injury in nutritional steatohepatitisKosuke Okada
Field of Basic Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, The University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8574, Japan
J Gastroenterol 47:924-35. 2012The transcription factor nuclear factor-E2-related factor-2 (Nrf2) is a key regulator for induction of hepatic antioxidative stress systems. We aimed to investigate whether activation of Nrf2 protects against steatohepatitis.
- Extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields activate the antioxidant pathway Nrf2 in a Huntington's disease-like rat modelInmaculada Tasset
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Instituto Maimónides de Investigación Biomédica de Córdoba Universidad de Córdoba, Cordoba, Spain
Brain Stimul 6:84-6. 2013..This study shows that TMS can modulate the Nrf2 transcriptor factor in a Huntington's disease-like rat model induced by 3-nitropropionic acid (3-NP)...
- Aldehyde oxidase 1 gene is regulated by Nrf2 pathwayKenichiro Maeda
Division of Radiological Technology, Department of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 12, Nishi 5, Sapporo 060 0812, Japan
Gene 505:374-8. 2012..Here, we found that the AOX1 gene is regulated by the Nrf2 pathway...
- [Effect of ulinastatin on oxidative stress and nuclear factor E2-related factor 2 expression in the lung tissues of acute hydrogen sulfide intoxicated rats]Yun Ge
Emergency Department, First Affiliated Hospital of Wen Zhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province 325000, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 30:27-32. 2012To investigate the dynamic changes of oxidative stress and nuclear factor-E2 related factor 2 (Nrf2) expression in the lung tissues of acute hydrogen sulfide (H2S) intoxicated rats and intervention effects of ulinastatin (UTI).
- [The effect of transcription factor KLF2 in expression of gamma-GCS depend on regulation by Nrf2 in lung of rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease]Xiao Yan Liu
Department of Respiratory Disease, Hunan Institute of Gerontology, Hunan Geriatric Hospital, Changsha 410016, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 28:173-8. 2012..rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and the relationship between KLF2 and NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), and make further explore the effects of KLF2 on the expression of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase (gamma-GCS).
- The enhancement of phase 2 enzyme activities by sodium butyrate in normal intestinal epithelial cells is associated with Nrf2 and p53Keisuke Yaku
Department of Food and Human Health Sciences, Graduate School of Human Life Science, Osaka City University, Sumiyoshi ku, Osaka, Japan
Mol Cell Biochem 370:7-14. 2012..sodium butyrate, but not other short-chain fatty acids was related to the increase of NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) nuclear translocation and the decrease in the levels of nuclear fraction p53...
- Tomato powder impedes the development of azoxymethane-induced colorectal cancer in rats through suppression of COX-2 expression via NF-κB and regulating Nrf2/HO-1 pathwayMehmet Tuzcu
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey
Mol Nutr Food Res 56:1477-81. 2012..of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression via NF-κB pathway and promotion of apoptosis, as well as regulating Nrf2/HO-1 signaling pathway in colorectal tissue of AOM-treated rats...
- Age-related cataracts: homocysteine coupled endoplasmic reticulum stress and suppression of Nrf2-dependent antioxidant protectionRajan Elanchezhian
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Chem Biol Interact 200:1-10. 2012..Hcy) induce endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress with suppression of the nuclear factor-erythroid-2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)-dependent antioxidant protection in lens epithelial cells (LECs)...
- [Effect of reduced glutathione on proliferation of rat hepatic stellate cells and the Nrf2/HO-1 signaling pathway]Li Zhang
Department of Infectious Disease, The First Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 20:507-11. 2012To explore the effects of reduced glutathione (GSH) on the proliferation of hepatic stellate cells and the nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)/heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) signaling pathway.
- Dimethylfumarate attenuates renal fibrosis via NF-E2-related factor 2-mediated inhibition of transforming growth factor-β/Smad signalingChang Joo Oh
Department of Internal Medicine, Research Institute of Aging and Metabolism, WCU Program, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Republic of Korea
PLoS ONE 7:e45870. 2012..signaling pathway is a possible therapeutic approach for preventing this disease, and reports have suggested that Nrf2 protects against renal fibrosis by inhibiting TGF-β signaling...
- Desipramine protects neuronal cell death and induces heme oxygenase-1 expression in Mes23.5 dopaminergic neuronsHsiao Yun Lin
Department of Life Sciences, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 7:e50138. 2012..It has also been used in a number of other psychiatric and medical conditions. The present study is the first to investigate the neuroprotective effect of desipramine...
- Nrf2 activators attenuate the progression of nonalcoholic steatohepatitis-related fibrosis in a dietary rat modelRieko Shimozono
Toray Industries, Inc, Pharmaceutical Research Laboratories, Kanagawa, Japan
Mol Pharmacol 84:62-70. 2013..The transcription factor Nrf2 (nuclear factor-erythroid-2-related factor 2) plays a central role in stimulating expression of various antioxidant-..
- Phosphorylation of Nrf2 at Ser-40 by protein kinase C regulates antioxidant response element-mediated transcriptionH C Huang
Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, New Jersey 07033, USA
J Biol Chem 277:42769-74. 2002b>Nrf2, a basic leucine zipper transcription factor, is an essential activator of the coordinated transcription of genes encoding antioxidant enzymes and phase II detoxifying enzymes through the regulatory sequence termed antioxidant ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase regulates nuclear translocation of NF-E2-related factor 2 through actin rearrangement in response to oxidative stressKeon Wook Kang
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Kwanak gu, Seoul, South Korea
Mol Pharmacol 62:1001-10. 2002Expression of phase II detoxifying genes is regulated by NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)-mediated antioxidant response element (ARE) activation...
- Coordinate regulation of glutathione metabolism in astrocytes by Nrf2Xiaojian Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research and Brain Research Center, 4835 2255 Wesbrook Mall, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z3
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 326:371-7. 2005..and after induction of antioxidant response element (ARE)-mediated gene expression by the transcription factor Nrf2. In the presence of a cerebral spinal fluid-like salt solution astrocytes could not synthesize detectable levels of ..
- Fibroblast growth factor-1 induces heme oxygenase-1 via nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) in spinal cord astrocytes: consequences for motor neuron survivalMarcelo R Vargas
Departamento de Neurobiologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Investigaciones Biologicas Clemente Estable, Montevideo 11600, Uruguay
J Biol Chem 280:25571-9. 2005..FGF-1 also induced Nrf2 mRNA and protein levels and prompted its nuclear translocation...
- Glucocorticoid receptor (GR)-associated SMRT binding to C/EBPbeta TAD and Nrf2 Neh4/5: role of SMRT recruited to GR in GSTA2 gene repressionSung Hwan Ki
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Sillim dong, Kwanak gu, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Mol Cell Biol 25:4150-65. 2005..is regulated by activation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta) and NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)...
- Nrf1 and Nrf2 regulate rat glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit transcription indirectly via NF-kappaB and AP-1Heping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, Keck School of Medicine USC, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:5933-46. 2005Glutamate-cysteine ligase catalytic subunit (GCLC) is regulated transcriptionally by Nrf1 and Nrf2. tert-Butylhydroquinone (TBH) induces human GCLC via Nrf2-mediated trans activation of the antioxidant-responsive element (ARE)...
- Nrf2 is increased by CYP2E1 in rodent liver and HepG2 cells and protects against oxidative stress caused by CYP2E1Pengfei Gong
Department of Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Hepatology 43:144-53. 2006Induction of CYP2E1 by ethanol is one pathway through which ethanol generates oxidative stress. Nrf2 is a transcription factor that regulates important antioxidant and phase II detoxification genes...
- [Time course of gene expression of gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase subunit and Nrf2 in brain tissues of rats exposed by deltamethrin]Huang Yuan Li
Department of Health Toxicology, MOE Key Lab of Enviornment and health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 35:130-4. 2006..gamma- glutamylcysteine synthetase light (GCSl) and heavy subunit (GCSh), as well as protein expression of both GCSh and NF-E2 related factor 2 (Nrf2) in cerebral cortex and hippocampus in rats exposed at single dose of deltamethrin (DM).
- Inchinkoto, a herbal medicine, and its ingredients dually exert Mrp2/MRP2-mediated choleresis and Nrf2-mediated antioxidative action in rat liversKosuke Okada
Dept of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, Univ of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1450-63. 2007..The treatment also increased hepatic levels of heme oxygenase-1 and GSH by a nuclear factor-E2-related factor (Nrf2)-dependent mechanism...
- Histone acetyltransferase MOZ acts as a co-activator of Nrf2-MafK and induces tumour marker gene expression during hepatocarcinogenesisKumiko Ohta
Laboratory of Environmental Biochemistry, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Osaka University, 1 6 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem J 402:559-66. 2007..GSTP gene activation is regulated mainly by the GPE1 (GSTP enhancer 1) enhancer element, which is recognized by the Nrf2 (nuclear factor-erythroid 2 p45 subunit-related factor 2)-MafK heterodimer...
- Dopamine activates Nrf2-regulated neuroprotective pathways in astrocytes and meningeal cellsAndy Y Shih
Kinsmen Laboratory of Neurological Research, Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Neurochem 101:109-19. 2007The transcription factor Nrf2 controls inducible expression of multiple antioxidant/detoxification genes. We previously found that Nrf2-/- mice have increased sensitivity to in vivo mitochondrial stress and ischemia...
- Nitro-linoleic acid inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation via the Keap1/Nrf2 signaling pathwayLuis Villacorta
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Center, University of Michigan Medical Center, 1150 W Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H770-6. 2007..Furthermore, LNO(2) triggered nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) nuclear translocation and activation of the antioxidant-responsive element-driven transcriptional activity via ..
- Carbon monoxide produced by heme oxygenase-1 in response to nitrosative stress induces expression of glutamate-cysteine ligase in PC12 cells via activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Nrf2 signalingMei Hua Li
National Research Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis and Chemoprevention, College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
J Biol Chem 282:28577-86. 2007..Furthermore, CO-RM treatment up-regulated GCLC expression through activation of Nrf2. The CO-RM-induced activation of Nrf2 was under the control of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling ..
- Enhancing expression of Nrf2-driven genes protects the blood brain barrier after brain injuryJing Zhao
The Vivian L Smith Center for Neurologic Research and Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, The University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77225, USA
J Neurosci 27:10240-8. 2007..Activation of the transcription factor NF-E2-related factor-2 (Nrf2) by sulforaphane, a naturally occurring compound present in high levels in cruciferous vegetables, significantly ..
- Transcription factor Nrf2 protects the brain from damage produced by intracerebral hemorrhageXiurong Zhao
Department of Neurology, University of Texas at Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Stroke 38:3280-6. 2007..Recent studies have suggested that nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2), a pleiotropic transcription factor, may play a key role in protecting cells from cytotoxic/oxidative damage...
- Development of glutathione S-transferase-P-negative foci accompanying nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 expression during early stage of rat hepatocarcinogenesisYang Fan
Department of Biochemistry and Genome Biology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, 5 Zaifu cho, Hirosaki 036 8562, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:497-501. 2008..and GST-P gene expression is regulated by a transcription factor, nuclear factor-erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2)...
- Zinc protects endothelial cells from hydrogen peroxide via Nrf2-dependent stimulation of glutathione biosynthesisMiriam M Cortese
Institute of Molecular Medicine, Research Group Immunobiology, Medical Faculty of the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Universitatsstrasse 1, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Free Radic Biol Med 44:2002-12. 2008..silencing technique, we found that zinc upregulates the expression of GCLC by activating the transcription factor Nrf2. Surprisingly, the intracellular zinc sensor, metal-responsive transcription factor-1, is not involved in the zinc-..
- Decline in NRF2-regulated antioxidants in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease lungs due to loss of its positive regulator, DJ-1Deepti Malhotra
Department of Environmental Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Room E7624, 615 North Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 178:592-604. 2008..b>NRF2, a redox-sensitive transcription factor, dissociates from its inhibitor, KEAP1, to induce antioxidant expression ..
- Altered Nrf2/Keap1-Bach1 equilibrium in pulmonary emphysemaD Goven
INSERM U700, Faculté de Médecine Paris 7, Site X Bichat, BP416, 75870 Paris Cedex 18, France
Thorax 63:916-24. 2008..1 (NQO1), results from an equilibrium created by positive or negative regulation by the transcription factors Nrf2, Keap1 and Bach1, respectively...
- Adaptive HNE-Nrf2-HO-1 pathway against oxidative stress is associated with acute gastric mucosal lesionsKazuki Ueda
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama City 641 8509, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 295:G460-9. 2008..mediator of the oxidative response array, 4-hydroxynonenal (HNE), transcriptional factor, NF-E2-related factor (Nrf2), and the inducible heme oxygenase (HO-1) in the injured stomach...
- Traumatic brain injury induces the activation of the Nrf2-ARE pathway in the lung in ratsWei Yan
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Brain Inj 22:802-10. 2008Acute lung injury (ALI) is a frequent but poorly understood complication of traumatic brain injury (TBI). The Nrf2-ARE pathway has been proved to be essential for protection against diffuse inflammation and oxidative damage, which are ..
- Mutant huntingtin activates Nrf2-responsive genes and impairs dopamine synthesis in a PC12 model of Huntington's diseaseWilleke M C van Roon-Mom
Center for Human and Clinical Genetics, Leiden, The Netherlands
BMC Mol Biol 9:84. 2008..mRNA changes were studied in an inducible PC12 model of Huntington's disease, before and after aggregates became visible, to identify groups of genes that could play a role in the early pathology of Huntington's disease...
- Genetic ablation of Nrf2 enhances susceptibility to acute lung injury after traumatic brain injury in miceWei Jin
Department of Neurosurgery, Jinling Hospital, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, 305 East Zhongshan Road, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, PR China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:181-9. 2009Previous studies have shown that nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) plays a unique role in many physiological stress processes...
- Identification and characterization of an Nrf2-mediated ARE upstream of the rat glutamate cysteine ligase catalytic subunit gene (GCLC)Muyao Li
Department of Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
J Cell Biochem 107:944-54. 2009..NF-E2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) is a principal transcription factor that binds to the ARE and plays a key role in cellular responses to stress via ..
- Neuroprotective effects of the triterpenoid, CDDO methyl amide, a potent inducer of Nrf2-mediated transcriptionLichuan Yang
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5757. 2009The NF-E2-related factor-2 (Nrf2)/antioxidant response element (ARE) signaling pathway regulates phase 2 detoxification genes, including a variety of antioxidative enzymes...
- Pediatric Severe Asthma: Role of Oxidant Stress and Alveolar Macrophage FunctionAnne Fitzpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will lay the foundation for further studies, and the mechanisms identified may ultimately be targeted in future interventional trials. ..