Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Nes
- Heterogeneity of neural progenitor cells revealed by enhancers in the nestin geneP J Yaworsky
Molecular Neuroscience Program, Samuel C Johnson Medical Research Center, Scottsdale, Arizona, 85259, USA
Dev Biol 205:309-21. 1999..each requiring the cooperation of at least two independent regulatory sites, within the second intron of the rat nestin gene...
- Evidence for a distinct group of nestin-immunoreactive neurons within the basal forebrain of adult ratsS Wang
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Zhongshan Medical College, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan 2nd Road, Guangzhou, 510080 PR China
Neuroscience 142:1209-19. 2006b>Nestin is an intermediate filament protein serving as a marker for neuroprogenitor and stem cells...
- Nestin expression in the kidney with an obstructed ureterT Sakairi
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Kidney Int 72:307-18. 2007b>Nestin is an intermediate filament protein originally identified in neuroepithelial stem cells...
- Resident nestin+ neural-like cells and fibers are detected in normal and damaged rat myocardiumViviane El-Helou
Department of Physiology, University of Montreal, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hypertension 46:1219-25. 2005The present study examined whether nestin+ neural-like stem cells detected in the scar tissue of rats 1 week after myocardial infarction (MI) were derived from bone marrow and/or were resident cells of the normal myocardium...
- Age-related alterations of Nestin-immunoreactive neurons in rat basal forebrain with aged memory deficitDongpei Li
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Repiblic of China
Neurochem Int 53:270-7. 2008Age-related and aged memory deficit changes in Nestin-immunoreactive (Nestin-IR) neurons were studied following recent evidence of distinct Nestin-IR neurons within adult rat basal forebrain...
- Nestin expression--a property of multi-lineage progenitor cells?C Wiese
In Vitro Differentiation Group, Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research IPK Gatersleben, Corrensstrasse 3, 06466, Gatersleben, Germany
Cell Mol Life Sci 61:2510-22. 2004..In this review, we describe what is currently known about nestin, an intermediate filament first identified in neuroepithelial stem cells...
- Nestin (+) stem cells independently contribute to neural remodelling of the ischemic heartPauline C Beguin
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Physiol 226:1157-65. 2011Recent studies have revealed the existence of multipotent nestin-immunoreactive cells in the adult mammalian heart...
- Cdk5 regulates the organization of Nestin and its association with p35Cecilia M Sahlgren
Department of Biology, Abo Akademi University, BioCity, Finland
Mol Cell Biol 23:5090-106. 2003The intermediate filament protein nestin is characterized by its specific expression during the development of neuronal and myogenic tissues...
- Nestin promotes the phosphorylation-dependent disassembly of vimentin intermediate filaments during mitosisYing Hao Chou
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University, 303 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Biol Cell 14:1468-78. 2003The expression of the intermediate filament (IF) protein nestin is closely associated with rapidly proliferating progenitor cells during neurogenesis and myogenesis, but little is known about its function...
- CNS stem cells express a new class of intermediate filament proteinU Lendahl
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02142
Cell 60:585-95. 1990..This gene was named nestin because it is specifically expressed in neuroepithelial stem cells...
- Identification of nestin as a urinary biomarker for acute kidney injuryWen Zhang
Department of Nephrology, Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, PR China
Am J Nephrol 39:110-21. 2014..Despite the advances in treatment of AKI, many patients still progress to end-stage renal disease and depend on dialysis. Therefore, early diagnosis and adequate treatment of AKI could improve prognosis...
- The neurogenic response of cardiac resident nestin(+) cells was associated with GAP43 upregulation and abrogated in a setting of type I diabetesAndreanne Chabot
Montreal Heart Institute, Research Center, 5000 Belanger Street East, Montreal, QC H1T 1C8, Canada
Cardiovasc Diabetol 12:114. 2013Cardiac nestin(+) cells exhibit properties of a neural progenitor/stem cell population characterized by the de novo synthesis of neurofilament-M in response to ischemic injury and 6-hydroxydopamine administration...
- Rapid transition of NESTIN-expressing dividing cells from PROP1-positive to PIT1-positive advances prenatal pituitary developmentS Yoshida
Division of Life Science, Graduate School of Agriculture, Meiji University, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 25:779-91. 2013..the present study, we examined the proliferation activities of progenitor cells by indication of the expression of Nestin, a marker of rapidly dividing progenitor cells, aiming to verify our hypothesis and to resolve another outstanding ..
- Postnatal development of nestin positive neurons in rat basal forebrain: different onset and topography with choline acetyltransferase and parvalbumin expressionKai Hua Guo
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China Department of Anatomy, Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi, Xinjiang, PR China Electronic address
Int J Dev Neurosci 35:72-9. 2014Our previous studies identified a sub-population of cholinergic neurons which express nestin in the rostral part of the basal forebrain (BF) in normal adult rats...
- Pineal gland expression of the transcription factor Egr-1 is restricted to a population of glia that are distinct from nestin-immunoreactive cellsPui Sin Man
School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, P O Box 911, Museum Avenue, Cardiff, CF10 3US, UK
J Mol Histol 39:69-75. 2008..We have also demonstrated for the first time an extensive network of nestin-positive cells throughout the adult pineal gland, however these cells do not co-express Egr-1...
- Endothelial and Epithelial Cell Transition to a Mesenchymal Phenotype Was Delineated by Nestin ExpressionAndreanne Chabot
Montreal Heart Institute, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Physiol 231:1601-10. 2016..The intermediate filament protein nestin was highly expressed in fibrotic tissue, detected in fibroblasts and participated in proliferation and migration...
- Nestin-expressing vascular wall cells drive development of pulmonary hypertensionFarhan Saboor
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany These authors contributed equally
Eur Respir J 47:876-88. 2016b>Nestin, a well-known marker of neuronal stem cells, was recently suggested to characterise stem cell-like progenitors in non-neuronal structures during development and tissue repair...
- Identification and cytoprotective function of a novel nestin isoform, Nes-S, in dorsal root ganglia neuronsPeng Han Su
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10617, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 288:8391-404. 2013In this study, the first nestin isoform, Nes-S, was identified in neurons of dorsal root ganglia (DRG) of adult rats. Nes-S cannot form filaments by itself in cytoplasmic intermediate filament-free SW13 cells...
- Altered gene expression in leukocyte transendothelial migration and cell communication pathways in periodontitis-affected gingival tissuesD Abe
Division of Periodontology, Department of Oral Biological Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
J Periodontal Res 46:345-53. 2011..The aims of the present study were to identify the expression of specific genes and biological pathways in periodontitis-affected gingival tissue using microarray and quantitative real-time RT-PCR analyses...
- [Protective effects of Chinese herbal medicine Zuogui Pill on retina ganglion cells after optical nerve clipping injury in rats]Yong qian Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 9:991-7. 2011..To investigate the protective effects of Zuogui Pill (ZGP), a compound Chinese herbal medicine, on retina ganglion cells (RGCs) in rats after optical nerve clipping injury...
- Increased expression of nestin in the major pelvic ganglion following cavernous nerve injuryO Kutlu
The James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute, Department of Urology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Int J Impot Res 24:84-90. 2012..identify neuronal repair mechanisms of the major pelvic ganglion (MPG), we evaluated changes in the expression of nestin, an intermediate filament protein and neural stem cell marker following cavernous nerve crush injury (CNI)...
- Nestin- and doublecortin-positive cells reside in adult spinal cord meninges and participate in injury-induced parenchymal reactionIlaria Decimo
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Section of Pharmacology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Stem Cells 29:2062-76. 2011..population of cells resident in the adult rat spinal cord meninges that express the neural stem/precursor markers nestin and doublecortin...
- The nestin-expressing and non-expressing neurons in rat basal forebrain display different electrophysiological properties and project to hippocampusJianhua Zhu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
BMC Neurosci 12:129. 2011b>Nestin-immunoreactive (nestin-ir) neurons have been identified in the medial septal/diagonal band complex (MS/DBB) of adult rat and human, but the significance of nestin expression in functional neurons is not clear...
- The expression of intermediate filament protein nestin and its association with cyclin-dependent kinase 5 in the glomeruli of rats with diabetic nephropathyWei Liu
Department of Pathology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, China
Am J Med Sci 345:470-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to investigate whether nestin, a cytoskeleton-associated intermediate filament protein, is involved in the development of DN.
- Characterization of nestin expression and vessel association in the ischemic core following focal cerebral ischemia in ratsYoo Jin Shin
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul, 137 701, South Korea
Cell Tissue Res 351:383-95. 2013The present study aimed to provide a detailed characterization of the cellular phenotypes of nestin-positive cells in a rat model of ischemic stroke. Nestin-positive cells included reactive astrocytes in the peri-infarct region...
- Fibroblast growth factor-2 up-regulates the expression of nestin through the Ras-Raf-ERK-Sp1 signaling axis in C6 glioma cellsKai wei Chang
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 434:854-60. 2013b>Nestin is a 240-kDa intermediate filament protein expressed mainly in neural and myogenic stem cells...
- Expression of neural stem cell marker nestin in the kidney of rats and humansO V Kirik
Department of General and Special Morphology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow
Bull Exp Biol Med 147:539-41. 2009b>Nestin is present in podocytes of the renal corpuscle in rats and humans. Specific differences manifested in more intensive and widespread expression of nestin by endothelial cells of blood vessels in human kidney.
- Expression profiles of nestin and synemin in reactive astrocytes and Müller cells following retinal injury: a comparison with glial fibrillar acidic protein and vimentinGabriel Luna
Neuroscience Research Institute, Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA 93106 5060, USA
Mol Vis 16:2511-23. 2010To examine the expression patterns of the intermediate filament (IF) proteins nestin and synemin following retinal injury.
- Nestin expression in hippocampal astrocytes after injury depends on the age of the hippocampusAli Abdel-Rahman
Medical Research Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Glia 47:299-313. 2004Analysis of the expression of nestin in reactive astrocytes facilitates quantification of the extent of activation of astrocytes after injury in the mature CNS...
- Expression of nestin, vimentin, and NCAM by renal interstitial cells after ischemic tubular injuryDavid Vansthertem
Laboratory of Histology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Mons, 7000 Mons, Belgium
J Biomed Biotechnol 2010:193259. 2010..This population was characterized by the coexpression of vimentin and nestin. The density of -Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule (NCAM) positive interstitial cells increased transiently (18-72 ..
- Nestin is essential for mitogen-stimulated proliferation of neural progenitor cellsXiao Jing Xue
Institute of Neuroscience and State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
Mol Cell Neurosci 45:26-36. 2010The intermediate filament (IF) protein nestin is a widely accepted molecular marker for neural progenitor cells (NPCs), but its function during neurogenesis remains largely unknown...
- Chemical identification of nestin-immunoreactive neurons in the rat basal forebrain: a re-examinationKai Hua Guo
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan 2nd Road, Guangzhou, 510080, PR China
Neurochem Int 56:694-702. 2010This study explores recently identified neurons that express the protein nestin in the medial septum-diagonal band of Broca (MS-DBB) of adult rats and humans...
- Neuronal re-juvenilization in the nucleus ambiguus after vagal nerve injuryTakuji Takaoka
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku, Tokyo 1608582, Japan
Neurosci Res 65:353-9. 2009b>Nestin is an intermediate filament expressed in immature cells in the CNS including neural stem/progenitor cells, reactive astrocytes and immature neurons in lesser amounts after injury...
- The phenotype and potential origin of nestin+ cardiac myocyte-like cells following infarctionPauline C Beguin
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:1241-8. 2009b>Nestin+ cardiac myocyte-like cells were detected in the peri-infarct/infarct region of the ischemically damaged heart...
- Phenotypes of articular disc cells in the rat temporomandibular joint as demonstrated by immunohistochemistry for nestin and GFAPHitoshi Miyako
Division of Oral Anatomy, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
J Anat 219:472-80. 2011..In this immunocytochemical study we examined the localization and distribution patterns of nestin and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in the articular disc of the rat temporomandibular joint at postnatal ..
- Ependyma as a possible morphological basis of ischemic preconditioning tolerance in rat spinal cord ischemia model: nestin and Fluoro-Jade B observationsJudita Orendacova
Institute of Neurobiology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Kogice, Slovak Republic
Cell Mol Neurobiol 24:477-89. 2004..our hypothesis that a transient nonlethal ischemic insult benefits the lumbosacral spinal cord ischemic injury, nestin, the marker of proliferating cells, and Fluoro-Jade B, the marker of degenerating cells, were used in rats...
- Regulation of nestin expression after cortical ablation in adult rat brainA G Douen
Trillium Medical Centre, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Brain Res 1008:139-46. 2004During embryogenesis, transient expression of nestin in proliferating neuroepithelial stem cells signals the commitment of progenitor cells to differentiate...
- Embryonic intermediate filaments, nestin and vimentin, expression in the spinal cords of rats with experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisTae kyun Shin
Department of Veterinary Medicine, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cheju National University, Jeju, Korea
J Vet Sci 4:9-13. 2003Intermediate filaments, including nestin and vimentin, are found in specific cell types in central nervous system (CNS) tissues, particularly immature glial cells and multipotent progenitor cells...
- Enhancement of nestin protein-immunoreactivity induced by ionizing radiation in the forebrain ependymal regions of ratsMei Shi
Department of Radiotherapy, Xijing Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, PR China
Neurosci Res 44:475-81. 2002Expression of nestin was immunohistochemically examined in the forebrains of rats receiving ionizing radiation. Nestin-immunoreactive cells were predominately distributed in ependymal regions...
- Nestin immunoreactivity in local neurons of the adult rat striatum after remote cortical injuryTatsuya Kuroda
Department of Neurosurgery, Gifu University School of Medicine, Japan
J Chem Neuroanat 24:137-46. 2002b>Nestin is a marker for the neuronal and glial precursor cells and is expressed in reactive astrocytes after brain injury...
- Nestin expression in pancreatic stellate cells and angiogenic endothelial cellsJessy Lardon
Cell Differentiation Unit, Diabetes Research Center, Free University of Brussels VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, Belgium
Histochem Cell Biol 117:535-40. 2002b>Nestin is an intermediate filament protein expressed by neuroepithelial stem cells and which has been proposed to represent also a marker for putative islet stem cells...
- Nestin expression persists in astrocytes of organotypic slice cultures from rat cortexRainald Schmidt-Kastner
Department of Neurology D4 5, University of Miami School of Medicine, P O Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:29-38. 2002b>Nestin is an intermediate filament protein typical for neural precursor cells that is down-regulated in the post-natal rodent brain. Re-expression of nestin has been observed in reactive astrocytes after injury...
- Coexpression of Pdx1 and betacellulin in mesenchymal stem cells could promote the differentiation of nestin-positive epithelium-like progenitors and pancreatic islet-like spheroidsLisha Li
College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells Dev 17:815-23. 2008..Coexpression of Pdx1 and BTC significantly increased the number of nestin-positive epithelium-like progenitors and islet-like spheroids which differentiated from MSCs...
- Nestin expression in Müller glial cells in postnatal rat retina and its upregulation following optic nerve transectionL P Xue
Department of Anatomy, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
Neuroscience 143:117-27. 2006This study examined the nestin immunoexpression and its specific cellular localization in the developing retina of rats and investigated its putative changes in an altered environment...
- Long-lasting coexpression of nestin and glial fibrillary acidic protein in primary cultures of astroglial cells with a major participation of nestin(+)/GFAP(-) cells in cell proliferationSolène Sergent-Tanguy
INSERM, U643, Nantes, France
J Neurosci Res 83:1515-24. 2006b>Nestin, a currently used marker of neural stem cells, is transiently coexpressed with glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) during development and is induced in reactive astrocytes following brain injury...
- Altered pancreatic morphology in the offspring of pregnant rats given reduced dietary protein is time and gender specificAstrid Chamson-Reig
Lawson Health Research Institute, St Joseph s Health Care, 268 Grosvenor Street Room H404, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4V2
J Endocrinol 191:83-92. 2006..Pancreatic expression of nestin mRNA, and the abundance of nestin-immunoreactive cells within islets, was decreased by all LP treatments...
- [EphB2-Fc promotes activation of endogenous neural stem cells after cerebral cortex infarction: experimental with hypertensive rats]Yang dong He
Stroke Center, Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:2395-9. 2005..To explore the effects of intraventricular injection of EphB2-Fc on activation of inherent neural stem cells after cerebral cortex infarction...
- Desipramine activated Bcl-2 expression and inhibited lipopolysaccharide-induced apoptosis in hippocampus-derived adult neural stem cellsYu Yin Huang
Department of Anesthesiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Sci 104:61-72. 2007..First, we demonstrated that the expression of Bcl-2 mRNA and nestin in 2 microM DP-treated NSCs were up-regulated and detected by real-time reverse transcriptase polymerase chain ..
- [Effect of electroacupuncture on expression of nestin protein after focal ischemia/reperfusion in rats]Zhen qiang Zhao
Department of Neurology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400016
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 26:20-4. 2006..To investigate the effect of electroacupuncturing (EA) Hegu point (LI 4) on proliferation of neural stem cells in the subventricular zone (SVZ) after rat focal ischemia/reperfusion (I/R)...
- Time course of expression of intermediate filament protein vimentin, nestin and desmin in rat renal glomerular injuryJun Zou
Department of Pharmacy, School of Medical Sciences, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1203-5. 2007
- Fhos2, a novel formin-related actin-organizing protein, probably associates with the nestin intermediate filamentHideki Kanaya
Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Genes Cells 10:665-78. 2005..Consistent with this, Fhos2 localizes to the nestin intermediate filament but not to other cytoskeletons, as demonstrated by staining of H9c2 (2-1) cells with anti-..
- [Neuroprotective effects of exogenous basic fibroblast growth factor on the hypoxic-ischemic brain damage of neonatal rats]Jin Qiao Sun
Department of Neonatology, the Affiliated Hospital of Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi 563003, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 45:354-9. 2007..To investigate the neuroprotective effect of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) on neurological function after hypoxic-ischemic brain damage (HIBD) in neonatal rats...
- Expression of nestin in rat and human glomerular podocytesM Ishizaki
Department of Pathology I, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
J Submicrosc Cytol Pathol 38:193-200. 2006b>Nestin is a neuroepithelial precursor cell marker expressed in a variety of human cell types during development. However, no information exists on the expression of nestin in mature glomeruli as well as during the glomerular development...
- Human chorionic gonadotropin induces nestin expression in endothelial cells of the ovary via vascular endothelial growth factor signalingNoriyuki Takahashi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Marianna University School of Medicine, Sugao, Miyamae ku, Kawasaki 216 8511, Japan
Endocrinology 149:253-60. 2008The intermediate filament protein nestin was originally found to be expressed in neuronal progenitor cells, but recent studies have shown that other cell types, including endocrine and vascular endothelial cells, express nestin...
- A distinct phenotypic change in gliomas at the time of magnetic resonance imaging detectionTaichang Jang
Department of Neurology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Neurosurg 108:782-90. 2008..The authors recently reported the presence of 2 distinct cellular subsets, 1 expressing nestin and the other both glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) and osteopontin (OPN), within all examined gliomas that ..
- [Relationship between expression of nestin in experimental brain contusion and injury time]Dong Mei Jia
Department of Forensic Pathology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 22:161-4. 2006To observe the alteration of nestin intervals in the experimental traumatic brain injury and investigate its relation to the injury intervals.
- Nestin-immunoreactive cells in rat pituitary are neither hormonal nor typical folliculo-stellate cellsOlga Krylyshkina
Laboratory of Cell Pharmacology, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, University of Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Endocrinology 146:2376-87. 2005b>Nestin is an intermediate filament protein that has originally been identified as a marker of neuroepithelial stem/progenitor cells...
- Epidermal growth factor up-regulates the expression of nestin through the Ras-Raf-ERK signaling axis in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsYuan Li Huang
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 377:361-6. 2008..In this study, we showed that nestin, an intermediate filament protein, is expressed in primary cultures of rat VSMCs representing the synthetic ..
- Expression of nestin, desmin and vimentin in intact and regenerating muscle spindles of rat hind limb skeletal musclesDana Cizkova
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove, Charles University in Prague, Simkova 870, Hradec Kralove, 500 38, Czech Republic
Histochem Cell Biol 131:197-206. 2009We describe the expression and distribution patterns of nestin, desmin and vimentin in intact and regenerating muscle spindles of the rat hind limb skeletal muscles...
- Immunohistochemical detection of nestin in the periodontal Ruffini endings of the rat incisorShion Saito
Division of Reconstructive Surgery for Oral and Maxillofacial Region, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata, Japan
Neurosci Lett 449:195-200. 2009b>Nestin is an intermediate filament which was first identified in neuroepithelial stem cells. This expression has also been reported in restricted locations in adults...
- Thrombin induces nestin expression via the transactivation of EGFR signalings in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsYuan Li Huang
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, No 1 Sec 4 Roosevelt Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Cell Signal 21:954-68. 2009Regulation of nestin gene expression is largely unknown despite that it is widely used as a progenitor cell marker...
- Nestin-positive microglia in adult rat cerebral cortexYasuharu Takamori
Department of Anatomy and Cell Science, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Brain Res 1270:10-8. 2009b>Nestin is a class VI intermediate filament protein, which was first identified in the early developmental stages of the nervous system. It is widely used as a stem or progenitor cell marker...
- Nestin serves as a prosurvival determinant that is linked to the cytoprotective effect of epidermal growth factor in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsYuan Li Huang
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
J Biochem 146:307-15. 2009b>Nestin is an intermediate filament protein mainly expressed in muscle and neural progenitors...
- Age-related changes in nestin immunoreactivity in the rat pituitary glandLaurent Gautron
Psychoneuroimmunologie, Nutrition et Genetique, INRA UMR 1286, CNRS UMR 5226, Universite Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
Neuroendocrinology 90:19-30. 2009..The intermediate filament nestin plays a crucial role in cells that retain plasticity during development, aging and tumorigenesis...
- Chemokines released from astrocytes promote chemokine receptor 5-mediated neuronal cell differentiationMi Hee Park
College of Pharmacy and Medical Research Center, Chungbuk National University, 48, Gaesin dong, Heungduk gu, Cheongju, Chungbuk 361 763, Republic of Korea
Exp Cell Res 315:2715-26. 2009..Bradykinin elevated calcium influx in the embryonic neuronal cells. These data suggest that specific chemokines derived from astrocytes may significantly have influence on the CCR5-mediated differentiation of embryonic neuronal cells...
- Nestin modulates glucocorticoid receptor function by cytoplasmic anchoringRudolph Reimer
Heinrich Pette Institute for Experimental Virology and Immunology at the University of Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 4:e6084. 2009b>Nestin is the characteristic intermediate filament (IF) protein of rapidly proliferating progenitor cells and regenerating tissue. Nestin copolymerizes with class III IF-proteins, mostly vimentin, into heteromeric filaments...