Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncstn
- Mammalian APH-1 interacts with presenilin and nicastrin and is required for intramembrane proteolysis of amyloid-beta precursor protein and NotchSheu Fen Lee
Center for Basic Neuroscience and Department of Cell Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9111, USA
J Biol Chem 277:45013-9. 2002Presenilin and nicastrin are essential components of the gamma-secretase complex that is required for the intramembrane proteolysis of an increasing number of membrane proteins including the amyloid-beta precursor protein (APP) and Notch...
- Presenilin-1, nicastrin, amyloid precursor protein, and gamma-secretase activity are co-localized in the lysosomal membraneStephen H Pasternak
Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto M5G 1X8, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:26687-94. 2003..Initial studies indicated that final cleavage of APP by the gamma-secretase (a complex containing presenilin and nicastrin) to produce Abeta occurred in the endosomal/lysosomal system...
- Nicastrin, presenilin, APH-1, and PEN-2 form active gamma-secretase complexes in mitochondriaCamilla A Hansson
Karolinska Institutet and Sumitomo Pharmaceuticals Alzheimer Center KASPAC, Neurotec, Novum, SE 141 57 Huddinge, Sweden
J Biol Chem 279:51654-60. 2004..Presenilin forms an active gamma-secretase complex together with Nicastrin (NCT), APH-1, and PEN-2, which among other substrates cleaves the beta-amyloid precursor protein (beta-APP) ..
- Erlin-2 is associated with active γ-secretase in brain and affects amyloid β-peptide productionYasuhiro Teranishi
Karolinska Institutet Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Alzheimer Center, KI Alzheimer Disease Research Center, Department of Neurobiology, Care Sciences and Society, Karolinska Institutet, Novum, Stockholm SE 141 86, Sweden
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:476-81. 2012..In summary, we have found a novel brain GSAP, erlin-2, that resides in DRMs and affects Aβ production...
- Down-regulation of the ATP-binding cassette transporter 2 (Abca2) reduces amyloid-β production by altering Nicastrin maturation and intracellular localizationVasiliki Michaki
Center for Human Genetics and Leuven Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases, KU Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 287:1100-11. 2012..knock-out cells due to the altered levels, post-translational modification, and subcellular localization of Nicastrin. Reduced Abca2 levels in mammalian cells in vitro, in Drosophila melanogaster and in mice resulted in altered γ-..
- Proteomic and metabolomic analyses of mitochondrial complex I-deficient mouse model generated by spontaneous B2 short interspersed nuclear element (SINE) insertion into NADH dehydrogenase (ubiquinone) Fe-S protein 4 (Ndufs4) geneDillon W Leong
Molecular Medicine Division, Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 287:20652-63. 2012..Metabolomic analysis of the blood by tandem mass spectrometry showed increased hydroxyacylcarnitine species, implying that the CI defect leads to an imbalanced NADH/NAD(+) ratio that inhibits mitochondrial fatty acid β-oxidation...
- Association of gamma-secretase with lipid rafts in post-Golgi and endosome membranesKulandaivelu S Vetrivel
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Physiology, The University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 279:44945-54. 2004..of all four components of the gamma-secretase complex, namely presenilin 1 (PS1)-derived fragments, mature nicastrin, APH-1, and PEN-2, with cholesterol-rich detergent insoluble membrane (DIM) domains of non-neuronal cells and ..
- Rat nicastrin gene: cDNA isolation, mRNA variants and expression pattern analysisAnnamaria Confaloni
Department of Cellular Biology and Neuroscience, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 299 Viale Regina Elena, 00161 Rome, Italy
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 136:12-22. 2005b>Nicastrin is a type 1 transmembrane glycoprotein that interacts with presenilin, Aph-1, and Pen-2 proteins to form a high molecular complex with gamma secretase activity...
- Normal distribution of presenilin-1 and nicastrin in skeletal muscle and the differential responses of these proteins after denervationKunihiro Sakuma
Health Science Center, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1 1, Hibarigaoka, Tenpaku cho, Toyohashi 441 8580, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1760:980-7. 2006Presenilin-1 and nicastrin, two components of gamma-secretase associated with Alzheimer's disease plaques, are present in the synapses of the brain and in various peripheral organs, including skeletal muscle...
- Cellular distribution of gamma-secretase subunit nicastrin in the developing and adult rat brainsA Kodam
Department of Psychiatry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Neurobiol Aging 29:724-38. 2008b>Nicastrin and presenilin 1 are integral components of the high molecular weight gamma-secretase complexes that regulate proteolytic processing of various type I membrane proteins including amyloid precursor protein and Notch...
- Cell and molecular biology of NotchUlla Maj Fiuza
Department of Genetics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB2 3EH, UK
J Endocrinol 194:459-74. 2007..In this review, we will describe the multiple roles of Notch and how various factors can regulate Notch signalling...