Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ncf1
Description: neutrophil cytosolic factor 1
Alias: Ncf-1, p47phox, neutrophil cytosolic factor 1, neutrophil cytosol factor 1, phagocyte oxidase 47 kDa
- Phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase generates ROS in INS 832/13 cells and rat islets: role of protein prenylationIsmail Syed
Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Wayne State Univ, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 300:R756-62. 2011..Together, our findings suggest a prenylated Ptx-sensitive signaling step couples Rac1 activation in the signaling steps necessary for glucose-mediated generation of ROS in the pancreatic β-cells...
- Positioning of a polymorphic quantitative trait nucleotide in the Ncf1 gene controlling oxidative burst response and arthritis severity in ratsMalin Hultqvist
Medical Inflammation Research, C12 BMC, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Antioxid Redox Signal 14:2373-83. 2011The Ncf1 gene, encoding the P47(PHOX) protein that regulates production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by the phagocyte NADPH oxidase (NOX2) complex, is associated with autoimmunity and arthritis severity in rats...
- Positional identification of Ncf1 as a gene that regulates arthritis severity in ratsPeter Olofsson
Section for Medical Inflammation Research and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Solvegatan 19, I11 BMC, Lund University, S 22184 Lund, Sweden
Nat Genet 33:25-32. 2003..cloning of the Pia4 QTL in rats, we found that a naturally occurring polymorphism of Ncf1 (encoding neutrophil cytosolic factor 1, a component of the NADPH oxidase complex) regulates arthritis severity...
- Inconsistent susceptibility to autoimmunity in inbred LEW rats is due to genetic crossbreeding involving segregation of the arthritis-regulating gene Ncf1Peter Olofsson
Section for Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, S 22184 Lund, Sweden
Genomics 83:765-71. 2004We recently identified a single-nucleotide polymorphism in the Ncf1 gene, a component of the NADPH oxidase complex, to be the cause of one of the strongest identified loci for arthritis severity in rats...
- Immunohistochemical study of p47Phox and gp91Phox distributions in rat brainMyeung Ju Kim
Department of Anatomy, Cheju National University College of Medicine, Ara 1 Dong, Jeju, Jeju do 690 756, South Korea
Brain Res 1040:178-86. 2005NADPH oxidase is multi-component enzyme, which comprises the cytosolic proteins p40Phox, p47Phox, and p67Phox and the two membrane proteins, gp91Phox and p22Phox, and which is well characterized in phagocytic cells...
- Ncf1 (p47phox) polymorphism determines oxidative burst and the severity of arthritis in rats and miceMalin Hultqvist
Section for Medical Inflammation Research, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Cell Immunol 233:97-101. 2005..By using an alternative approach, i.e., linkage analysis using relevant animal models we succeeded in finding the Ncf1 gene residing in the Pia4 quantitative trait locus to be responsible for the severity of pristane induced arthritis ..
- Exercise Training Attenuates Upregulation of p47(phox) and p67(phox) in Hearts of Diabetic RatsNeeru M Sharma
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016:5868913. 2016....
- Neuroprotective effects of angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1-R) blocker via modulating AT1-R signaling and decreased extracellular glutamate levelsTomoyoshi Fujita
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:4099-110. 2012..To investigate the mechanism of the neuroprotective effects of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1-R) blocker against retinal ischemia-reperfusion injury in the rat...
- Advanced intercross line mapping of Eae5 reveals Ncf-1 and CLDN4 as candidate genes for experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisKristina Becanovic
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Neuroimmunology Unit, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Immunol 176:6055-64. 2006..In conclusion, our data strongly suggests Ncf-1 to be a gene shared between two organ-specific inflammatory diseases with a possible contribution by CLDN4 in encephalomyelitis...
- Cyclophilin A is required for angiotensin II-induced p47phox translocation to caveolae in vascular smooth muscle cellsNwe Nwe Soe
Department of Medicine, Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2147-53. 2013..We hypothesized that CyPA regulates AngII-induced ROS generation by promoting translocation of NADPH oxidase cytosolic subunit p47phox to caveolae of the plasma membrane.
- The effect of orexin-A on cardiac dysfunction mediated by NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide anion in ventrolateral medullaJun Chen
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e69840. 2013..double immunofluorescent staining indicated that OX1R positive cells and NAD(P)H oxidative subunit gp91phox or p47phox-immunoreactive (IR) cells were co-localized in RVLM...
- Oregonin from the Bark of Alnus japonica restrained ischemia-reperfusion-induced mesentery oxidative stress by inhibiting NADPH oxidase activationNguyen Huu Tung
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagasaki International University, Nagasaki, Japan
Microcirculation 21:688-95. 2014..This study aimed to investigate potential effects of ORG on I/R-induced ROS production in rat mesenteric microvasculature and underlying mechanisms...
- Elevated dopamine induces minimal hepatic encephalopathy by activation of astrocytic NADPH oxidase and astrocytic protein tyrosine nitrationSaidan Ding
Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Aging and Neurological Disease Research, Department of Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325000, China
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 55:252-63. 2014..It has been shown that low-grade cerebral oedema and oxidative stress play important roles in the pathogenesis of MHE. In the current study, DA-triggered oxidative injury in cerebral cortex was studied...
- Melatonin nephroprotective action in Zucker diabetic fatty rats involves its inhibitory effect on NADPH oxidaseKatarzyna Winiarska
Department of Metabolic Regulation, Institute of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
J Pineal Res 60:109-17. 2016....
- A time course of NADPH-oxidase up-regulation and endothelial nitric oxide synthase activation in the hippocampus following neurotraumaMubeen A Ansari
Sanders Brown Center on Aging, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0230, USA Electronic address
Free Radic Biol Med 77:21-9. 2014..The initial 12 h post-TBI are very important as a possible window of opportunity to interrupt SIC. It may be important to selectively target the translocation of cytosolic subunits for the modulation of NOX function...
- NADPH oxidase-derived production of reactive oxygen species is involved in learning and memory impairments in 16-month-old female ratsHongwei Kan
Department of Pharmacology, Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immunopharmacology, Ministry of Education, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:4546-53. 2015..of superoxide dismutase (SOD), level of malondialdehyde (MDA), production of ROS and expression levels of NOX2, p47phox, Ras‑related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1 (RAC1) and protein kinase C α (PKCα) were investigated in the ..
- Nox2 and p47(phox) modulate compensatory growth of primary collateral arteriesMatthew R Distasi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 306:H1435-43. 2014..These results have important implications for the use of antioxidants and the development of therapies for peripheral arterial disease...
- Testosterone induces vascular smooth muscle cell migration by NADPH oxidase and c-Src-dependent pathwaysAndreia Z Chignalia
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertension 59:1263-71. 2012..Testosterone increased Nox1 and Nox4 mRNA levels and p47phox protein expression, determined by real-time PCR and immunoblotting, respectively...
- Homocysteine-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis and plasma membrane flip-flop are independent of S-adenosylhomocysteine: a crucial role for nuclear p47(phox)Jessica A Sipkens
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Biochem 358:229-39. 2011..Incubation with SAH did not have an effect on cell viability, nor on flippase activity, nor on nuclear NOX2-, p47phox expression or nuclear ROS production...
- NADPH oxidase activation by hyperglycaemia in cardiomyocytes is independent of glucose metabolism but requires SGLT1Magali Balteau
Pôle de Recherche Cardiovasculaire, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Cardiovasc Res 92:237-46. 2011..In this study, we have dissected the link between glucose transport and metabolism and NADPH oxidase activation under hyperglycaemic conditions...
- Nicorandil prevents endothelial dysfunction due to antioxidative effects via normalisation of NADPH oxidase and nitric oxide synthase in streptozotocin diabetic ratsKen Ichi Serizawa
Product Research Department, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Gotemba, Shizuoka 412 8513 Japan
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:105. 2011..We investigated the protective effect of nicorandil on endothelial function in diabetic rats because endothelial dysfunction is a major risk factor for cardiovascular disease in diabetes...
- Phosphorylation of smooth muscle 22α facilitates angiotensin II-induced ROS production via activation of the PKCδ-P47phox axis through release of PKCδ and actin dynamics and is associated with hypertrophy and hyperplasia of vascular smooth muscle cells inPin Lv
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Basic Medicine, Hebei Medical University, No 361, Zhongshan East Rd, Shijiazhuang, 050017, China
Circ Res 111:697-707. 2012..However, the mechanisms by which SM22α controls ROS production have not been characterized...
- Antisense to protein kinase C-alpha and p47phox attenuates the pro-inflammatory effects of human C-reactive protein in macrophages of biobreeding diabetic ratsIshwarlal Jialal
Laboratory for Atherosclerosis and Metabolic Research, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of California at Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Diab Vasc Dis Res 9:315-9. 2012..spontaneously diabetic biobreeding (BB) rats and increased the MO activity of protein kinase C-alpha (PKC-α) and p47phox. In this report, we tested the effects of molecular inhibition of CRP effects on MO activity using antisense ..
- NADPH oxidase elevations in pyramidal neurons drive psychosocial stress-induced neuropathologyS Schiavone
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Transl Psychiatry 2:e111. 2012..Finally, at least at early stages, pharmacological targeting of NOX2 activity might reverse behavioral alterations...
- Increased phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase and ROS generation in type 2 diabetic ZDF rat and human islets: role of Rac1-JNK1/2 signaling pathway in mitochondrial dysregulation in the diabetic isletIsmail Syed
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Eugene Applebaum College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Detroit, Michigan, USA
Diabetes 60:2843-52. 2011..To determine the subunit expression and functional activation of phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase (Nox), reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation and caspase-3 activation in the Zucker diabetic fatty (ZDF) rat and diabetic human islets...
- Neutral sphingomyelinase, NADPH oxidase and reactive oxygen species. Role in acute hypoxic pulmonary vasoconstrictionGiovanna Frazziano
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University Complutense of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Cell Physiol 226:2633-40. 2011..Exogenous ceramide increased ROS production in a PKCζ sensitive manner. We propose an integrated signalling pathway for HPV which includes nSMase-PKCζ-NADPH oxidase as a necessary step required for ROS production and vasoconstriction...
- NOX2, p22phox and p47phox are targeted to the nuclear pore complex in ischemic cardiomyocytes colocalizing with local reactive oxygen speciesNynke E Hahn
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Physiol Biochem 27:471-8. 2011..g. under ischemia or high concentrations of homocysteine, is an important step in the induction of apoptosis in these cells. Here this ischemia-induced nuclear targeting and activation of NOX2 was specified in cardiomyocytes...
- [Effects of ginsenoside Rb1 on TGF-beta1 induced p47phox expression and extracellular matrix accumulation in rat renal tubular epethelial cells]Xi sheng Xie
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 40:106-10. 2009..To investigate the effects of Ginsenoside Rb1 (G-Rb1) on the oxidative damage and extracellular matrix accumulation in rat renal tubular epethelial cells induced by transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1)...
- Subcellular localization of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunits in neurons and astroglia of the rat medial nucleus tractus solitarius: relationship with tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive neuronsM J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 143:547-64. 2006..Moreover, NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide in neurons and glia may directly or indirectly modulate catecholaminergic neuron activity in the mNTS...
- In vitro molecular reconstitution of the respiratory burst in B lymphoblasts from p47-phox-deficient chronic granulomatous diseaseB D Volpp
Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City
J Clin Invest 91:201-7. 1993..Thus, B lymphoblasts provide an excellent model system for studies of the NADPH oxidase, for expression of functional recombinant forms of oxidase components, and for initial experimental approaches to genetic reconstitution in CGD...
- Identification of four new quantitative trait loci regulating arthritis severity and one new quantitative trait locus regulating autoantibody production in rats with collagen-induced arthritisM M Griffiths
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Arthritis Rheum 43:1278-89. 2000..Collagen-induced arthritis (CIA) is a polygenic model of experimentally induced autoimmunity and chronic joint inflammation. This study maps genetic loci that regulate CIA susceptibility in DA/Bkl (DA) and BN/SsNHsd (BN) rats...
- Glutamine plays a role in superoxide production and the expression of p47phox, p22phox and gp91phox in rat neutrophilsTania Cristina Pithon-Curi
Camilo Castelo Branco University and Methodist University of Piracicaba FACEF, Rua Carolina Fonseca 584, 08230 030 São Paulo, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 103:403-8. 2002..We postulate that glutamine leads to O(2)(-) production in neutrophils, probably via the generation of ATP and regulation of the expression of components of NADPH oxidase...
- Activation of protein kinase C and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase in leukocytes of spontaneously hypertensive ratsKensaku Maeda
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pathology, Osaka City University Medical School, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:999-1006. 2003..Furthermore, expression of p47phox of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase, but not of p67phox, in PMN from SHR was higher than that ..
- Identification of two novel female-specific non-major histocompatibility complex loci regulating collagen-induced arthritis severity and chronicity, and evidence of epistasisHsiang Chi Meng
North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 50:2695-705. 2004....
- Leukotrienes enhance the bactericidal activity of alveolar macrophages against Klebsiella pneumoniae through the activation of NADPH oxidaseCarlos H C Serezani
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0642, USA
Blood 106:1067-75. 2005..Both classes of LTs elicited translocation of p47phox to the cell membrane, and LTB4 induced phosphorylation of p47phox in a manner dependent on protein kinase C-delta ..
- Cloning of rat p47phox and comparison with human p47phoxMichiharu Tanabe
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Division of Physiological Chemistry II, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77, Stockholm, Sweden
DNA Seq 16:65-8. 2005A cDNA encoding rat p47phox was cloned from rat spleen cDNA library, utilizing rapid amplification of cDNA ends...
- NADPH oxidase and apoptosis in cerulein-stimulated pancreatic acinar AR42J cellsJi Hoon Yu
Department of Pharmacology and Institute of Gastroenterology, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Science, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Free Radic Biol Med 39:590-602. 2005..These results indicate that NADPH oxidase may mediate ROS-induced apoptosis in pancreatic acinar cells in a Ca(2+)-dependent manner...
- Bile salt-induced apoptosis involves NADPH oxidase isoform activationRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Gastroenterology 129:2009-31. 2005..Hydrophobic bile salts trigger a rapid oxidative stress response as an upstream event of CD95 activation and hepatocyte apoptosis...
- Hemizygosity at the NCF1 gene in patients with Williams-Beuren syndrome decreases their risk of hypertensionMiguel del Campo
Unitat de Genètica, Department de Ciències Experimentals i de la Salut, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Dr Aiguader 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Hum Genet 78:533-42. 2006..Deletion breakpoints were precisely defined and were found to result in variability at two genes, NCF1 and GTF2IRD2...
- Myotube depolarization generates reactive oxygen species through NAD(P)H oxidase; ROS-elicited Ca2+ stimulates ERK, CREB, early genesAlejandra Espinosa
Escuela de Tecnología Médica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 209:379-88. 2006..Myotubes contained both the p47phox and gp91phox phagocytic NAD(P)H oxidase subunits, as revealed by immunodetection...
- Glycated albumin activates NADPH oxidase in rat mesangial cells through up-regulation of p47phoxYanzhang Li
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, 900 S Limestone Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 397:5-11. 2010..Moreover, glycated albumin treatment stimulated the expression and phosphorylation of p47phox, one of the cytosolic regulatory subunits of the NADPH oxidase...
- Hydrophobic bile salts induce hepatocyte shrinkage via NADPH oxidase activationStephan Becker
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
Cell Physiol Biochem 19:89-98. 2007..In addition, cell shrinkage induced by proapoptotic bile salts may augment apoptosis by increasing protein breakdown and induction of cholestasis...
- Changes in the subcellular distribution of NADPH oxidase subunit p47phox in dendrites of rat dorsomedial nucleus tractus solitarius neurons in response to chronic administration of hypertensive agentsMichael J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 411 E 69th St, KB410, New York, NY 10021, USA
Exp Neurol 205:383-95. 2007....
- Arthritis suppression by NADPH activation operates through an interferon-beta pathwayPeter Olofsson
Biovitrum AB, Arvid Wallgrens Backe 20, Goteborg, Sweden
BMC Biol 5:19. 2007..the activating component of the nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase complex, neutrophil cytosolic factor 1 (NCF1), has previously been identified as a regulator of arthritis severity in mice and rats...
- Differential regulation of NADPH oxidase in sympathetic and sensory Ganglia in deoxycorticosterone acetate salt hypertensionXian Cao
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 50:663-71. 2007..This differential regulation may contribute to unbalanced vasomotor control and enhanced vasoconstriction in the splanchnic circulation...
- Amplification of CD95 activation by caspase 8-induced endosomal acidification in rat hepatocytesRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:2211-22. 2008..This autoamplification of CD95-activation is required for apoptosis induction...
- The role of reactive oxygen species in immunopathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritisAbbas Mirshafiey
Department of Immunology, School of Public Health, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 7:195-202. 2008..The prevailing hypothesis that ROS promote inflammation was recently challenged when polymorphisms in Neutrophil cytosolic factor 1(Ncf1), that decrease oxidative burst, were shown to increase disease severity in mouse and rat ..
- Detection of arthritis-susceptibility loci, including Ncf1, and variable effects of the major histocompatibility complex region depending on genetic background in ratsCarola Rintisch
Lund University, Lund, and Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 60:419-27. 2009....
- Genes for two autosomal recessive forms of chronic granulomatous disease assigned to 1q25 (NCF2) and 7q11.23 (NCF1)U Francke
Department of Genetics and Pediatrics, Stanford University Medical Center, CA 94305 5428
Am J Hum Genet 47:483-92. 1990..recessive forms of CGD result from defects in cytosolic components of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase system, p47phox (NCF1) and p67phox (NCF2)...
- Advanced intercross line mapping suggests that ncf1 (ean6) regulates severity in an animal model of guillain-barre syndromeAlexander Huberle
Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tubingen, Germany
J Immunol 182:4432-8. 2009..3 Mb on RNO12, harboring the neutrophil cytosolic factor 1 (Ncf1) among other genes...
- Modulation of chronic hypoxia-induced chemoreceptor hypersensitivity by NADPH oxidase subunits in rat carotid bodyL He
Department of Physiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 420 Chipeta Way, Suite 1700, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 6500, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:1304-10. 2010..5-fold) and NOX4 (approximately 3.8-fold) and also increased presence of the regulatory subunit p47phox (approximately 4.2-fold)...
- High Dose Alpha Tocopherol and Carotid AtherosclerosisIshwarlal Jialal; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study has the additional novelty of correlating biomarkers of oxidative stress and inflammation with a cardiovascular endpoint and will establish whether high dose AT decreases atherosclerosis progression. ..
- CRP, Diabetes, AtherothrombosisIshwarlal Jialal; Fiscal Year: 2010..CRP augments oxidative stress and inflammation in the diabetic milieu will eventually lead to therapies targeted at reducing inflammation and oxidative stress in diabetes and resulting in a decrease in vasculopathies ..