Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Muc5ac
Description: mucin 5AC, oligomeric mucus/gel-forming
Alias: LOW QUALITY PROTEIN: mucin-5AC, mucin 5, subtypes A and C, mucin 5, subtypes A and C, tracheobronchial/gastric
- Prognostic value of serum MUC5AC mucin in patients with cholangiocarcinomaChanchai Boonla
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Cancer 98:1438-43. 2003The authors recently showed that MUC5AC mucin, which is expressed aberrantly in tumor tissue, is present in significant concentrations in serum from patients with cholangiocarcinoma...
- Trefoil factor family 1, MUC5AC and human leucocyte antigen-DR expression by conjunctival cells in patients with glaucoma treated with chronic drugs: could these markers predict the success of glaucoma surgery?M Souchier
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital General, 21000 Dijon, France
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1366-9. 2006To evaluate conjunctival expression of trefoil factor family (TFF)1, MUC5AC and human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-DR in patients with glaucoma treated with topical drugs, and to determine whether these parameters can predict the outcome of ..
- MUC19 expression in human ocular surface and lacrimal gland and its alteration in Sjögren syndrome patientsD F Yu
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology of Sun Yat sen University, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Ocular Surface Center of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Exp Eye Res 86:403-11. 2008..Real-time PCR and immunohistochemistry were performed to determine the expression of MUC19 and MUC5AC in human cornea, conjunctiva, and lacrimal gland tissues...
- MUC5AC expression in human middle ear epithelium of patients with otitis mediaJoseph E Kerschner
Division of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, 9000 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 136:819-24. 2010To compare levels of middle ear (ME) MUC5AC expression in patients with otitis media (OM) with patients without OM...
- A mouse dry eye model induced by topical administration of benzalkonium chlorideZhirong Lin
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Mol Vis 17:257-64. 2011..To develop a dry eye model of mouse induced by topical administration of benzalkonium chloride (BAC) and investigate the possible mechanisms...
- Mapping of two new epitopes on the apomucin encoded by MUC5AC gene: expression in normal GI tract and colon tumorsSéverine Nollet
INSERM U 482, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 99:336-43. 2002..These MAbs immunoreacted against a human recombinant protein encoded by the 3' region of the MUC5AC gene...
- Altered mucin gene expression in stone-containing intrahepatic bile ducts and cholangiocarcinomasK T Lee
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 46:2166-72. 2001..bile ducts, cholangiocarcinomas, and normal controls to identify the expression of MUC2, MUC3, MUC4, MUC5B, and MUC5AC in nonneoplastic and neoplastic biliary epithelium...
- Chronic Aspergillus fumigatus exposure upregulates the expression of mucin 5AC in the airways of asthmatic ratsFu Sheng Gao
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Affiliated Hospital of Weifang Medical College, Weifang, China
Exp Lung Res 38:256-65. 2012..The effects of chronic A. fumigatus exposure on the expression of airway mucin 5AC (MUC5AC) are unknown.
- Increased expression of human calcium-activated chloride channel 1 is correlated with mucus overproduction in the airways of Chinese patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:1051-7. 2007..To investigate the relationship of CaCC(1) and mucus overproduction in the airway of Chinese patients with COPD, the expressions of CaCC(1), MUC5AC and mucus in bronchial tissues were examined.
- Gamma-tocopherol attenuates ozone-induced exacerbation of allergic rhinosinusitis in ratsJames G Wagner
Department of Pathobiology and Diagnostic Investigation, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Toxicol Pathol 37:481-91. 2009..and analyzed by reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) for mucin glycoprotein 5AC (MUC5AC) expression levels...
- Panax ginseng ameliorates airway inflammation in an ovalbumin-sensitized mouse allergic asthma modelDae Yong Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 300 Chunchun dong, Jangan ku, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 136:230-5. 2011..Panax ginseng (PG) is a medicinal herb that has been used to treat various immune diseases including asthma and COPD. In this study, we investigated the inhibitory mechanism of PG on asthma parameters in mice...
- [Effects of acrolein exposure on the expression of Muc5ac in the airway of rats]Bing Yuan
Department of Respiration, the First Affiliated Hospital of Yunnan Province, Kunming Medical College, Kunming 650000, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 41:994-7. 2010To explore the changes of Muc5ac expression in a rat model of mucus hypersecretion induced by acrolein.
- Analysis of the correlations of mucins, inflammatory markers, and clinical tests in dry eyeJianan Zhang
Department of Ophthalmology, Peking University First Hospital, Key Laboratory of Vision Loss and Restoration, Ministry of Education, Beijing, China
Cornea 32:928-32. 2013..To investigate the expression of mucin and inflammatory factors in the conjunctival epithelium of subjects with dry eye and determine a correlation between clinical laboratory tests and subjective symptoms...
- Ocular surface and tear functions after topical cyclosporine treatment in dry eye patients with chronic graft-versus-host diseaseY Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Bone Marrow Transplant 41:293-302. 2008..staining scores, goblet cells density, conjunctival squamous metaplasia grade, inflammatory cell numbers and the MUC5AC expression. Our study suggests that 0...
- Mucin deficiency causes functional and structural changes of the ocular surfaceAnne M Floyd
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e50704. 2012b>MUC5AC is the most abundant gel-forming mucin in the ocular system. However, the specific function is unknown...
- Alterations of the ocular surface epithelial MUC16 and goblet cell MUC5AC in patients with atopic keratoconjunctivitisM Dogru
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College Ichikawa General Hospital, Ichikawa, Japan
Allergy 63:1324-34. 2008..An increased understanding of the ocular surface at cellular level in the conjunctiva and the cornea may help explain the pathogenesis and the subsequent clinical appearance of atopic ocular allergies, which may be potentially blinding...
- Elastase- and LPS-exposed mice display altered responses to rhinovirus infectionUmadevi Sajjan
Department of Pediatrics and Communicable Diseases, University of Michigan, 1150 W Medical Center Dr, Rm 3570, MSRBII, Box 5688, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 5688, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 297:L931-44. 2009..hyperresponsiveness, increased lung volume, and sustained increases in expression of TNFalpha, IL-5, IL-13, and muc5AC (up to 14 days postinfection)...
- Mucin gene deficiency in mice impairs host resistance to an enteric parasitic infectionSumaira Z Hasnain
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 138:1763-71. 2010..Nevertheless, the precise role of mucins in host defense in nematode infection is not known. We investigated the role of the mucin (Muc2) in worm expulsion and host immunity in a model of nematode infection...
- Effect of Bifidobacterium bifidum BF-1 on gastric protection and mucin production in an acute gastric injury rat modelA Gomi
Yakult Central Institute for Microbiological Research, Kunitachi, Tokyo, 186 8650, Japan
J Dairy Sci 96:832-7. 2013..Interestingly, mucin 5ac (muc5ac) gene expression in gastric corpus samples and gastric mucin production in stomach samples from the BF-1 group, ..
- The tear fluid mucin 5AC change of primary angle-closure glaucoma patients after short-term medications and phacotrabeculectomyWei Liu
Tianjin Medical University Eye Center, Tianjin, China
Mol Vis 16:2342-6. 2010This paper proposed to evaluate the tear fluid mucin 5AC (MUC5AC) change in Chinese primary angle-closure glaucoma and cataract patients after short-term medications and phacotrabeculectomy.
- Otitis media in a new mouse model for CHARGE syndrome with a deletion in the Chd7 geneCong Tian
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e34944. 2012..Gene expression profiling revealed up-regulation of Muc5ac, Muc5b and Tgf-β1 transcripts, the products of which are involved in mucin production and TGF pathway regulation...
- Effects of normal saline and selenium-enriched hot spring water on experimentally induced rhinosinusitis in ratsDong Hyun Kim
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Incheon St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 77:117-22. 2013..This prospective, randomized, and controlled study examined the effects of normal saline and selenium-enriched hot spring water on experimentally induced rhinosinusitis in rats...
- Differences in the expression of mucins in various forms of cystitis glandularisLjubinka Jankovic Velickovic
Institute of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Nis, Serbia
Pathol Res Pract 203:653-8. 2007..For this examination, we used a panel of monoclonal-specific antibodies for MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, and MUC6...
- The effect of formoterol on airway goblet cell hyperplasia and protein Muc5ac expression in asthmatic miceY F Tan
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 15:743-50. 2011Aim for this study was to investigate the effect of long-acting beta2-adrenoceptor agonist formoterol on airway goblet cell hyperplasia and protein Muc5ac expression in asthmatic mice.
- Rapid and specific alterations of goblet cell mucin in rat airway and small intestine associated with resistance against Nippostrongylus brasiliensis reinfectionDaigo Tsubokawa
Department of Biochemistry, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Minami, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 252 0373, Japan
Exp Parasitol 130:209-17. 2012..the challenge larvae were rejected during the pre-intestinal stage along with marked goblet cell hyperplasia and Muc5AC mucin hyperproduction on the bronchial mucosa, but not as a result of jejunal mucin alteration...
- Mucin 5 subtype AC expression and upregulation in the nasal mucosa of allergic rhinitis ratsWeiwei Wang
Department of Anatomy, Medical College, China Three Gorges University, Yichang City, Hubei Province, China
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 147:1012-9. 2012..hypersecretion in allergic rhinitis (AR), we examined the in vivo effects of an NF-κB inhibitor, ammonium pyrrolidine dithiocarbamate (PDTC), on mucin 5 subtype AC (MUC5AC) expression in the nasal mucosa of ovalbumin-sensitized rats.
- [Toll-like receptor 2 and Toll-like receptor 4 participates in mediation of acute otitis media and mortality in pneumococcal infections in mice]Sheng li Li
Scientific Research Centre, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:1009-18. 2011..To investigate the roles of Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) and Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) in host defense against Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in the middle ear...
- [Effects of chronic Aspergillus fumigatus exposure on the expression of mucin 5AC in the airways of asthmatic rats]Fu Sheng Gao
Department of Respiratory Medicine, The Affiliated Hospital of Weifang Medical College, Weifang 261031, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 35:423-8. 2012To explore the effects of chronic Aspergillus fumigatus (Af) exposure on the expression of mucin 5AC (MUC5AC) in the airways of asthmatic rats.
- Relation of epidermal growth factor receptor expression to mucus hypersecretion in diffuse panbronchiolitisJe Hyeong Kim
Pulmonary Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Korea University Guro Hospital, 97 Gurodong Gil, Guro Gu, Seoul, Korea
Chest 126:888-95. 2004..In this study, we examined the relationship between EGFR expression in the bronchiolar epithelium with neutrophilic inflammation and mucus hypersecretion in the tissues of DPB patients...
- Ocular surface and MUC5AC alterations in atopic patients with corneal shield ulcersMurat Dogru
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinanomachi, Tokyo
Curr Eye Res 30:897-908. 2005To describe MUC5AC alterations and the ocular surface disorder in atopic patients with or without corneal ulcers.
- [Expression of MUC5AC in human nasal polyp and inferior turbinate epithelium]Haili Lü
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, China Japan Union Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, 130031, China
Lin Chuang Er Bi Yan Hou Ke Za Zhi 18:649-50. 2004To examine the expression of MUC5AC in human nasal polyp and inferior turbinate epithelium, to evaluate the relationship between MUC5AC and the increased mucous secretions in polyps and chronic hypertrophy rhinitis.
- Metaplasia of the duodenum shows a Helicobacter pylori-correlated differentiation into gastric-type protein expressionJeroen H B Van De Bovenkamp
Laboratory of Pediatrics, Erasmus MC Sophia Children s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Pathol 34:156-65. 2003..Expression was examined immunohistochemically of secretory mucins (MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC5B, and MUC6), trefoil peptides (TFF1, TFF2, and TFF3), and sucrase-isomaltase (SI)...
- Neurturin-deficient mice develop dry eye and keratoconjunctivitis siccaXiu Jun Song
Cullen Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4223-9. 2003..Neurturin-deficient (NRTN(-/-)) mice have defective parasympathetic innervation of their lacrimal glands. This study was conducted to evaluate tear function and ocular surface phenotype in NRTN(-/-) mice...
- Temporal analysis of goblet cells and mucin gene expression in murine models of allergic asthmaShahriar Shahzeidi
Research Center for Genetic Medicine, Children s National Medical Center Department of Pediatrics, George Washington University, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Exp Lung Res 29:549-65. 2003..Increased Muc5ac and Muc2 mRNA expression occurred following ovalbumin or IL13, but not saline, exposure...
- Effects of dexamethasone on Muc5ac mucin production by primary airway goblet cellsWenju Lu
Dept of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 288:L52-60. 2005..In this study, we examined the effect of dexamethasone (DEX) on mRNA expression and synthesis of MUC5AC by A549 human lung adenocarcinoma cells as well as Muc5ac and total high-molecular-weight (HMW) mucins by primary ..
- Altered expression of MUC2, MUC4, and MUC5 mucin genes in pancreas tissues and cancer cell linesC Balague
Departament d Immunologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 106:1054-61. 1994..Neoplastic transformation of epithelial cells is commonly associated with altered synthesis and structure of mucin glycoproteins. The aim of the study was to determine if altered mucin gene expression takes place in pancreas cancer...
- Rhinovirus induces MUC5AC in a human infection model and in vitro via NF-κB and EGFR pathwaysC A Hewson
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College London, Norfolk Place, London, W2 1PG, UK
Eur Respir J 36:1425-35. 2010..b>MUC5AC is the major mucin produced by bronchial epithelial cells...
- Spatial and temporal expression of CCR3 and the common beta chain of the IL-3, IL-5 and GM-CSF receptor in the nasal epithelium and lymphoid tissues in a rat model of allergic rhinitisMarylène Fortin
Topigen Pharmaceuticals Inc Pharmaxis Ltd Group, 2901 East Rachel Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cytokine 52:194-202. 2010..This study was therefore aimed at characterizing the spatio-temporal expression pattern of βc and CCR3 using a rat model of AR...
- Phenotypic alterations of mucins and cytokeratins during gallbladder carcinogenesisHee Jin Chang
Department of Pathology, National Cancer Center, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pathol Int 54:576-84. 2004..mucin and cytokeratin during gallbladder carcinogenesis, we characterized the expressional profiles of MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC, MUC6, CK7 and CK20 in 33 normal mucosa, 31 adenomas, 55 dysplasias and 131 carcinomas of the gallbladder...
- Respiratory syncytial virus in allergic lung inflammation increases Muc5ac and gob-5Koichi Hashimoto
Vanderbilt University, School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 170:306-12. 2004..We hypothesized that this increased mucus was associated with mucosal expression of Muc5ac, a mucus gene expression in airways, and gob-5, a member of the Ca(2)(+)-activated chloride channel family...
- Oral N-acetylcysteine reduces bleomycin-induced lung damage and mucin Muc5ac expression in ratsM Mata
Dept of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
Eur Respir J 22:900-5. 2003..of this antioxidant was examined on bleomycin-induced lung damage, mucus secretory cells hyperplasia and mucin Muc5ac gene expression in rats...
- Expression and localization of MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC and small intestinal mucin antigen in pancreatic tumorsHiroyuki Yamasaki
Department of Surgery, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Int J Oncol 24:107-13. 2004..We analyzed the expression and localization of MUC1, MUC2, MUC5AC and small intestinal mucin antigen (SIMA) in pancreatic tumors...
- In vivo characterization of the molecular-genetic changes in gastric mucosa during the development of acute gastritis and stress ulcerationDarryl Choo
Department of EMS Trauma Surgery, Hartford Hospital, Hartford 06102 5037, USA
J Trauma 52:720-5; discussion 725-6. 2002..Stress ulceration should be associated with increased heat-shock gene (iHSP70) and an inhibition of the trefoil peptide, spasmolytic polypeptide (SP), and mucin (MUC5AC) gene expressions.
- Mucin secretion in the rat tracheal epithelial cells by epidermal growth factor and Pseudomonas aeruginosa extractsJ S Song
Department of Internal Medicine, St Mary s Hospital, Catholic University Medical College, 62, Yeoi Do Dong, Young Dung Po Gu, Seoul, Korea, 150 713
Korean J Intern Med 16:167-72. 2001..To know whether this EGF system regulates mucin secretion in vivo and Pseudomonas also stimulates the mucin secretion by the same pathway, we studied these relationships in the cultured rat tracheal epithelial cells...
- Up-regulation of MUC5AC mRNA expression in endotoxin-induced otitis mediaY T Kim
Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Acta Otolaryngol 121:364-70. 2001We investigated the expression levels of MUC5AC in endotoxin-induced otitis media with effusion (OME) in the rat using competitive polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and the morphology of middle ear mucosa using transmission electron ..
- Vitamin A deficiency alters the expression of mucin genes by the rat ocular surface epitheliumM Tei
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 41:82-8. 2000..To study effects of depletion of retinoic acid on expression of the mucins ASGP (rMuc4), rMuc5AC, and rMuc1, by the corneal and conjunctival epithelia of the rat...
- Inflammatory and epithelial responses during the development of ozone-induced mucous cell metaplasia in the nasal epithelium of ratsH Y Cho
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing 48824, USA
Toxicol Sci 51:135-45. 1999..Ozone-induced MCM may be dependent on these important pre-metaplastic responses (i.e., mucin mRNA upregulation, neutrophilic inflammation, and epithelial proliferation)...
- Gene expression of gastric type mucin (MUC5AC) in pancreatic tumors: its relationship with the biological behavior of the tumorS Yonezawa
Second Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima City, Japan
Pathol Int 49:45-54. 1999..The gastric type secretory mucin, MUC5AC, is strongly expressed in the surface mucous cells of gastric mucosa...
- Cloning of rat Muc5AC mucin gene: comparison of its structure and tissue distribution to that of human and mouse homologuesT Inatomi
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 236:789-97. 1997The human mucin gene MUC5AC codes for a large mucin which has tandem repeat units and cysteine rich regions characteristic of several members of this class of glycoproteins...
- Regulation of MUC5 and MUC1 gene expression: correlation with airway mucous differentiationK Guzman
Laboratory of Pulmonary Pathobiology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Am J Physiol 270:L846-53. 1996..These studies demonstrate that expression of MUC1 and MUC5 is coordinately regulated with airway mucous cell differentiation. These cDNAs should provide useful tools to study mucin synthesis during differentiation and disease...
- Gastric mucin phenotype defines tumour progression and prognosis of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: gastric foveolar type is associated with aggressive tumour behaviourS Aishima
Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Histopathology 49:35-44. 2006..To identify the role of mucus core protein (MUC) in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC)...
- [Alteration of cytokines and mucin in lower respiratory tract in allergic rhinitis model in rats]Fei Han
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Second Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 40:339-42. 2005..To investigate the relationship between allergic rhinitis (AR) and asthma as well as the mechanisms related with it...
- Progression of tumors arising from large ACF is associated with the MUC5AC expression during rat colon MNNG carcinogenisNicole Maurin
Laboratoire d Histologie, GHU Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital St Antoine, Paris, France
Int J Cancer 120:477-83. 2007..The gastric M1/MUC5AC mucin has also been described as an early marker of colon carcinogenesis in the human and in the rat...
- Intestinal MUC2 and gastric M1/MUC5AC in preneoplastic lesions induced by 1,2-dimethylhydrazine in rat: a sequential analysisSandra Zoghbi
INSERM, U45, Lyon, IFR62, University Claude Bernard Lyon I, Faculté de Médecine R Laennec, Lyon 69372, France
Int J Oncol 30:489-97. 2007..Our study was performed to sequentially analyze the expression of the intestinal mucin MUC2 and of the gastric mucin MUC5AC as indicators during progression of preneoplastic biomarkers in rat colon...
- MUC5AC and MUC5B mucins increase in cystic fibrosis airway secretions during pulmonary exacerbationMarkus O Henke
Philipps University Marburg, Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Baldingerstrasse 1, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 175:816-21. 2007..CF) is believed to be associated with mucus hypersecretion; thus, the principal airway gel-forming mucins, MUC5AC and MUC5B, are also expected to be increased relative to non-CF secretions...
- Niflumic acid and AG-1478 reduce cigarette smoke-induced mucin synthesis: the role of hCLCA1Ahmed E Hegab
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennoudai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Chest 131:1149-56. 2007..In this study, we investigated the role of the putative calcium-activated chloride channel 1 (CLCA1) and its blocker, niflumic acid, in cigarette smoke-induced mucin synthesis both in vivo and in vitro...
- Effects of sulfur dioxide on the expressions of MUC5AC and ICAM-1 in airway of asthmatic ratsRuijin Li
Institute of Environmental Medicine and Toxicology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, China
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 48:284-91. 2007..The mRNA and protein levels of MUC5AC and ICAM-1 were analyzed in lungs and tracheas using real-time reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (..
- In situ hybridization shows distinct patterns of mucin gene expression in normal, benign, and malignant pancreas tissuesC Balague
Departament d Immunologia, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 109:953-64. 1995..The aim of this study was to determine the presence of mucin transcripts at the single cell level in tissue samples from normal pancreas and benign and malignant pancreatic proliferative lesions...
- Increased expression of human calcium-activated chloride channel 1 gene is correlated with mucus overproduction in Chinese asthmatic airwayKe Wang
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, Department of Respiratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Cell Biol Int 31:1388-95. 2007..channel 1 (CaCC1) and mucus overproduction in Chinese asthmatic airway, the expression of CaCC1, mucin 5AC (MUC5AC) and mucus in bronchial tissues were examined...
- Diagnostic value of mucins (MUC1, MUC2 and MUC5AC) expression profile in endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration specimens of the pancreasYi Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Int J Cancer 121:2716-22. 2007..We immunohistochemically tested mucins expression (MUC1, MUC2 and MUC5AC) in EUS-FNA samples from pancreatic occupying lesions for the diagnostic utility...
- Gastric mucosal protection via enhancement of MUC5AC and MUC6 by geranylgeranylacetoneSu Youn Nam
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Chongno Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Dig Dis Sci 50:2110-20. 2005..protects tissues from the hazardous gastric environment; however, the role of each gastric MUC type, such as MUC1, MUC5AC, and MUC6, has not been evaluated...
- Mucinous nonneoplastic cyst of the pancreas: apomucin phenotype distinguishes this entity from intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasmWenqing Cao
Department of Pathology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Hum Pathol 41:513-21. 2010..Furthermore, apomucin immunostains of mucinous nonneoplastic cyst showed MUC1 expressed in 27% (4/15) cases, MUC5AC in 67% (10/15 cases), and MUC2 was were negative in all cases, whereas intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (n =..
- MUC4 and MUC5AC are highly specific tumour-associated mucins in biliary tract cancerW R Matull
The Institute of Hepatology, Division of Medicine, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, London, UK
Br J Cancer 98:1675-81. 2008..In pancreatic malignancy, MUC4 is a diagnostic and prognostic tumour marker, whereas MUC5AC has been proposed as a sensitive serological marker for BTC...
- MUC1 and MUC5AC mucin expression in liver fluke-associated intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaChanchai Boonla
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
World J Gastroenterol 11:4939-46. 2005To investigate the expressions of MUC1 and MUC5AC in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (ICC)...
- Toll-like receptor 4 relates to lipopolysaccharide-induced mucus hypersecretion in rat airwayLei Chen
Division of Pulmonary Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy of China, and Department of Respiratory Medicine, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Arch Med Res 40:10-7. 2009..To investigate the role of TLR4 in LPS-induced airway mucus hypersecretion (AMH), we used a LPS-induced rat model treated with dexamethasone (DEX)...
- Roflumilast, a phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitor, alleviates bleomycin-induced lung injuryJ Cortijo
Department of Pharmacology, University of Valencia, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 156:534-44. 2009..The effects of a phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) inhibitor, roflumilast, on bleomycin-induced lung injury were explored in 'preventive' and 'therapeutic' protocols and compared with glucocorticoids...
- The prevalence and nature of glycan alterations on specific proteins in pancreatic cancer patients revealed using antibody-lectin sandwich arraysTingting Yue
Van Andel Research Institute, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49503, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 8:1697-707. 2009..elevated in the cancer patients (65% of the patients) but showed no glycan alterations, whereas the MUC1 and MUC5AC proteins were less frequently elevated (30 and 35%, respectively) and showed highly prevalent (up to 65%) and ..
- Efficacy of a 2-month dietary supplementation with polyunsaturated fatty acids in dry eye induced by scopolamine in a rat modelSabrina Viau
INRA, UMR1129 FLAVIC, Eye and Nutrition Research Group, Dijon, 21000, France
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:1039-50. 2009..This study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of dietary n-6 and n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in dry eye in a rat model...
- [Effects of glucocorticoid on calcium-activated chloride channel expression in nasal mucosa in allergic rhinitis rats]Wen Li Wu
Department Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 44:242-5. 2009To investigate the expression of CLCA3 and Muc5ac in nasal mucosa in allergic rhinitis rats and the effects of glucocorticoid on its expression.
- MUC5AC expression is increased in bronchial submucosal glands of stable COPD patientsGaetano Caramori
Centro di Ricerca su Asma e BPCO, University of Ferrara, Via Savonarola 9, Ferrara 44121, Italy
Histopathology 55:321-31. 2009Mucus expectoration is a common feature of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). MUC5AC and MUC5B, the major mucins, are released predominantly from submucosal glands in the central airways...
- Middle Ear Epithelial Response to Cytokine StimulationJoseph Kerschner; Fiscal Year: 2005....