Gene Symbol: Mtap
Description: methylthioadenosine phosphorylase
Alias: Cc1-6, S-methyl-5'-thioadenosine phosphorylase, 5'-methylthioadenosine phosphorylase
- Aminooxy analogues of spermidine as inhibitors of spermine synthase and substrates of hepatic polyamine acetylating activityT O Eloranta
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kuopio, Finland
J Biochem 108:593-8. 1990..The results suggest that compounds of this type are valuable tools in unraveling the physiology of polyamines...
- S-adenosylmethionine in liver health, injury, and cancerShelly C Lu
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, Southern California Research Center for ALPD and Cirrhosis, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Physiol Rev 92:1515-42. 2012..In experimental models, it is effective as a chemopreventive agent in HCC and perhaps other forms of cancer as well...
- Loss of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase and elevated ornithine decarboxylase is common in pancreatic cancerAhmad L Subhi
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:7290-6. 2004Loss of the methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene at 9p21 is observed frequently in a variety of human cancers...
- Homozygous deletion of the MTAP gene in invasive adenocarcinoma of the pancreas and in periampullary cancer: a potential new target for therapySteven R Hustinx
Pathology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:83-6. 2005Methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) plays an important role in the salvage pathway for the synthesis of adenosine. Novel chemotherapeutic strategies exploiting the selective loss of MTAP function in cancers have been proposed...
- Homozygous deletions of methylthioadenosine phosphorylase in human biliary tract cancersCollins A Karikari
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1860-6. 2005..in a subset of cases, homozygous deletions at this locus encompass the telomeric methylthioadenosine phosphorylase (MTAP) gene...
- ALTERED METHIONINE METABOLISM IN ALCOHOLIC LIVER INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- MAT1A NULL MOUSE: MODEL FOR ALCOHOLIC TISSUE INJURYShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC GLUTATHIONE SYNTHESISShelly Lu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to utilize this information to improve the treatment and prevent complications that may result from altered hepatic GSH synthesis. [unreadable] [unreadable]..