Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Met
Description: MET proto-oncogene, receptor tyrosine kinase
Alias: Hgfr, hepatocyte growth factor receptor, HGF receptor, HGF/SF receptor, SF receptor, c-Met, met proto-oncogene tyrosine kinase, proto-oncogene c-Met, scatter factor receptor, tyrosine-protein kinase Met
- Dynamic expression and localization of c-MET isoforms in the developing rat pancreasYulong Wu
Key Lab of Antibody Technique of Health Ministry, Nanjing Medical University Nanjing, Jiangsu, P R China School of Basic Medical Science, Binzhou Medical University Binzhou, Shandong, P R China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 7:8563-72. 2014..of different developmental stages were studied to determine the expression and cellular localization of different c-MET isoforms in the developing rat pancreas...
- Met proto-oncogene and insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 overexpression correlates with metastatic ability in well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine neoplasmsDonna E Hansel
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:6152-8. 2004..Several classes of genes, including growth factors and growth factor-related molecules (IGFBP1, IGFBP3, and MET), developmental factors (TBX3 and MEIS2), cytoskeletal factors (beta 1 tubulin and ACTN2), cholesterol homeostasis ..
- Involvement of receptor-type tyrosine kinase gene families in cardiac hypertrophyY Akiyama
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki City, Japan
J Hypertens 17:1329-37. 1999..To elucidate the involvement of tyrosine kinase genes in normal and pathological conditions, we analysed the expression patterns of receptor-type PTKs in the normal and hypertensive hypertrophied heart in rats...
- Somatic mutations in the kinase domain of the Met/hepatocyte growth factor receptor gene in childhood hepatocellular carcinomasW S Park
Department of Pathology and Cancer Research Institute, Catholic University Medical College, Seoul, Korea
Cancer Res 59:307-10. 1999The MET protooncogene encodes a transmembrane tyrosine kinase identified as the receptor of a polypeptide known as hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor...
- Pancreatic cancer: molecular pathogenesis and new therapeutic targetsHan H Wong
Centre for Molecular Oncology and Imaging, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Nat Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 6:412-22. 2009..This Review describes some of the important developments and targeted agents for pancreatic cancer that have been tested in clinical trials...
- Chronic bile duct injury associated with fibrotic matrix microenvironment provokes cholangiocarcinoma in p53-deficient miceParaskevi A Farazi
Department of Medical Oncology and Center for Applied Cancer Science, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 66:6622-7. 2006..peritumoral fibrosis, increased inducible nitric oxide synthase, nitrotyrosine, and cyclooxygenase-2 expression, c-Met activation, cErbB2 overexpression, down-regulation of membrane-associated E-cadherin, and p53 codon 248 mutation...
- Regulation of epithelial cell growth factor receptor protein and gene expression using a rat periodontitis modelD Ekuni
Department of Oral Health, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
J Periodontal Res 41:340-9. 2006..Using a rat experimental periodontitis model, protein and gene expression of select growth factor receptors in junctional and pocket epithelium were examined...
- Somatic mutations of signaling genes in non-small-cell lung cancerHeather R Sanders
Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute, 33608 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 203:7-15. 2010....
- Autophosphorylation modulates the kinase activity and oncogenic potential of the Met receptor tyrosine kinaseG A Rodrigues
Royal Victoria Hospital, Department of Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Oncogene 9:2019-27. 1994The met oncogene is activated by a genomic rearrangement that generates a hybrid protein containing tpr sequences at its amino terminus fused directly to the met (hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor) receptor tyrosine kinase domain...
- New driver mutations in non-small-cell lung cancerWilliam Pao
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
Lancet Oncol 12:175-80. 2011..subsets defined by so-called driver mutations in ALK, HER2 (also known as ERBB2), BRAF, PIK3CA, AKT1, MAP2K1, and MET. The adoption of treatment tailored according to the genetic make-up of individual tumours would involve a paradigm ..
- Mesenchymal stromal cells reset the scatter factor system and cytokine network in experimental kidney transplantationMarilena Gregorini
Unit of Nephrology, Dialysis and Transplantation, Fondazione, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo and University of Pavia, Viale Golgi 19, Pavia, 27100, Italy
BMC Immunol 15:44. 2014..In this study we investigated whether MSC operate by resetting cytokine network and Scatter Factor systems, i.e. Hepatocyte Growth Factor (HGF), Macrophage Stimulating Protein (MSP) and their receptors Met and RON, respectively.
- Met/HGF receptor activation is regulated by juxtamembrane Ser985 phosphorylation in hepatocytesMizuho Nakayama
Division of Tumor Dynamics and Regulation, Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa 920 1192, Japan
Cytokine 62:446-52. 2013b>Met/hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) receptor plays a definitive role in hepatocyte proliferation and liver regeneration. Phosphorylation of Ser985 in Met (Met-Ser985) down regulate tyrosine phosphorylation and activation of Met...
- KRC-408, a novel c-Met inhibitor, suppresses cell proliferation and angiogenesis of gastric cancerSang Won Hong
Department of Biomedical Sciences and NCEED, College of Medicine, Inha University, 3 Ga, Sinheung Dong, Jung Gu, Incheon 400 712, Republic of Korea
Cancer Lett 332:74-82. 2013Among many cancer therapeutic targets, c-Met receptor tyrosine kinase has recently given particular attention...
- Co-expression of cox-2, C-met and beta-catenin in cells forming invasive front of gallbladder cancerWoo Sung Moon
Department of Pathology, Chonbuk National University, Medical School and Center for Healthcare Technology Development, Jeonju, Korea
Cancer Res Treat 37:171-6. 2005..E(2) (PGE(2)), generated by cyclooxygenase 2 (Cox-2), transactivates epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), c-Met and beta-catenin; thus, enhancing colon cancer cell growth and invasiveness in vitro...
- Overexpression of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor c-Met in nasal polypsHo Sang Rho
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 132:985-9. 2006To investigate the expression and distribution of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and c-Met proteins in normal nasal mucosa and in nasal polyps and to evaluate the possible effects of HGF and c-Met on the development of nasal polyps.
- Hepatocyte growth factor and c-MET in benign and malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumorsU N Rao
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA 15213 2582, USA
Hum Pathol 28:1066-70. 1997..HGF and its receptor, the c-met proto-oncogene product (c-MET) have been implicated in the genesis and progression of several carcinomas and ..
- Activation of HGF/c-Met signaling by ultrafine carbon particles and its contribution to alveolar type II cell proliferationChih Ching Chang
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health, Medical College, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 302:L755-63. 2012..The present study aimed to explore the role of HGF and c-Met receptor in ultrafine carbon particle-induced alveolar type II epithelial (type II) cell proliferation...
- Nuclear and cytoplasmic expression of Met in oral squamous cell carcinoma and in an organotypic oral cancer modelIngvild J Brusevold
Department of Oral Biology, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Oral Sci 118:342-9. 2010Met, the hepatocyte growth factor receptor, is important in transducing signals for tumour growth and metastasis...
- c-Met expression as an indicator of survival outcome in patients with oral tongue carcinomaChul Ho Kim
Department of Otolaryngology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
Head Neck 32:1655-64. 2010..However, the prognosis according to expression of HGF/c-Met has not been reported in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the oral tongue (SCCOT).
- Overexpression of the Met/HGF receptor in ovarian cancerM F Di Renzo
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, Italy
Int J Cancer 58:658-62. 1994..DNA level and expression of the Met/HGF receptor gene were examined with Southern- and Western-blot analyses, respectively, in human ovary, benign ovarian ..
- Microarray analysis and RNA silencing link fra-1 to cd44 and c-met expression in mesotheliomaMaria E Ramos-Nino
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Cancer Res 63:3539-45. 2003..Results reveal that induction of cd44 and c-met is causally linked to fra-1 expression, connecting fra-1 with genes governing cell motility and invasion in ..
- Cell surface proteoglycan syndecan-1 mediates hepatocyte growth factor binding and promotes Met signaling in multiple myelomaPatrick W B Derksen
Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 99:1405-10. 2002..sulfate moieties on syndecan-1 strongly promotes HGF-mediated signaling, resulting in enhanced activation of Met, the receptor tyrosine kinase for HGF...
- Hepatocyte growth factor plays a key role in insulin resistance-associated compensatory mechanismsTiago G Araújo
Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, 13081 970 São Paulo, Brazil
Endocrinology 153:5760-9. 2012..Additionally, blockages of HGF receptor (Met) worsen the impaired insulin-induced insulin signaling in liver of diet-induced obesity rats...
- Effect of hepatocyte growth factor on methionine adenosyltransferase genes and growth is cell density-dependent in HepG2 cellsHeping Yang
Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, USC Research Center for Liver Diseases, USC UCLA Research Center for Alcoholic Liver and Pancreatic Diseases, Keck School of Medicine USC, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
J Cell Physiol 210:766-73. 2007..The current work examined expression of HGF/c-met in HCC and whether HGF regulates MAT genes and growth in HepG2 cells...
- Signaling by hepatocyte growth factor in neurons is induced by pharmacological stimulation of synaptic activityStephanie J Tyndall
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Synapse 61:199-204. 2007..The receptor tyrosine kinase Met and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), are clustered at excitatory synapses and may regulate aspects of ..
- HGF protects rat mesangial cells from high-glucose-mediated oxidative stressHui Li
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Am J Nephrol 26:519-30. 2006..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether HGF could prevent rat mesangial cells (RMC) from high-glucose-mediated oxidative stress and explore its relevant mechanism...
- A genetic variant that disrupts MET transcription is associated with autismDaniel B Campbell
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt Kennedy Center for Research on Human Development, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37203, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:16834-9. 2006..and location within a chromosome 7q31 autism candidate gene region, we analyzed the gene encoding the pleiotropic MET receptor tyrosine kinase in a family based study of autism including 1,231 cases...
- Immunolocalization of the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) system in the rat ovary and the anti-apoptotic effect of HGF in rat ovarian granulosa cells in vitroMehmet Uzumcu
Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Reproduction 132:291-9. 2006..Immunohistochemistry was used to investigate the distribution of HGF, c-met, and HGF activator (HGFA) protein during folliculogenesis in equine chorionic gonadotropin (eCG)-primed rats...
- Gastrointestinal hormones cause rapid c-Met receptor down-regulation by a novel mechanism involving clathrin-mediated endocytosis and a lysosome-dependent mechanismK Martin Hoffmann
Digestive Diseases Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1804, USA
J Biol Chem 281:37705-19. 2006The activated c-Met receptor has potent effects on normal tissues and tumors. c-Met levels are regulated by hepatocyte growth factor (HGF); however, it is unknown if they can be regulated by gastrointestinal (GI) hormones...
- Increased DNA binding activity of NF-kappaB, STAT-3, SMAD3 and AP-1 in acutely damaged liverAdriana Salazar-Montes
Institute for Molecular Biology in Medicine and Gene Therapy, CUCS, University of Guadalajara, Apdo Postal 2 123, Guadalajara 44281, Jal, Mexico
World J Gastroenterol 12:5995-6001. 2006..To investigate the role of genes and kinetics of specific transcription factors in liver regeneration, and to analyze the gene expression and the activity of some molecules crucially involved in hepatic regeneration...
- Urokinase-type plasminogen activator gene therapy in liver cirrhosis is mediated by collagens gene expression down-regulation and up-regulation of MMPs, HGF and VEGFMiriam Bueno
Institute for Molecular Biology and Gene Therapy, CUCS, University of Guadalajara, Apdo Postal 2 123, Guadalajara, Jal, Mexico 44281
J Gene Med 8:1291-9. 2006..The harmonized and concerted expression of HGF and c-met resulted in exacerbated hepatocyte proliferation, although these events did not induce an abnormal liver growth...
- Tyrosine residues 654 and 670 in beta-catenin are crucial in regulation of Met-beta-catenin interactionsGang Zeng
Department of Pathology CMP, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Exp Cell Res 312:3620-30. 2006..Previously, we reported its association with the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) receptor Met at the membrane...
- The receptor tyrosine kinase Met and its ligand hepatocyte growth factor are clustered at excitatory synapses and can enhance clustering of synaptic proteinsStephanie J Tyndall
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Connecticut 06269, USA
Cell Cycle 5:1560-8. 2006The receptor protein tyrosine kinase Met and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor, regulate cellular morphology, intercellular adhesion, and interactions among junctional proteins in numerous cell types...
- Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) promotes oligodendrocyte progenitor cell proliferation and inhibits its differentiation during postnatal development in the ratWakana Ohya
Division of Molecular Regenerative Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, B 7, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Brain Res 1147:51-65. 2007..Double immunostaining for either c-Met/HGF receptor or phospho-c-Met with either NG2 or RIP in rat striatum at postnatal day 3 (P3), P7, and P14 revealed that c-..
- Hepatocyte growth factor and c-Met expression in pericytes: implications for atherosclerotic plaque developmentY Liu
Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
J Pathol 212:12-9. 2007..We investigated the localization of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor, c-Met, in human atherosclerotic plaques, together with the effects of HGF on pericyte migration in vitro...
- Protective effects of amylin on reserpine-induced gastric damage in the ratGiuseppina Cantarella
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Catania, Italy
Pharmacol Res 56:27-34. 2007..Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), its c-Met receptor and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression, usually increased in course of reserpine-induced gastric damage, ..
- Cell cycle effects resulting from inhibition of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor c-Met in regenerating rat livers by RNA interferenceShirish Paranjpe
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Hepatology 45:1471-7. 2007Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor c-Met are involved in liver regeneration...
- Attenuation of glycerol-induced acute kidney injury by previous partial hepatectomy: role of hepatocyte growth factor/c-met axis in tubular protectionEduardo Homsi
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Nephron Exp Nephrol 107:e95-106. 2007..Previous partial hepatectomy (HPTX) can attenuate glycerol-induced acute kidney injury (Gly-AKI). The aim of this study was to explore the pathophysiological mechanisms and the role of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) in kidney protection...
- The Met tyrosine kinase receptor in development and cancerAlessandra Gentile
Division of Molecular Oncology, University of Turin Medical School, 10060, Candiolo Torino, Italy
Cancer Metastasis Rev 27:85-94. 2008b>Met is a tyrosine kinase receptor, encoded by an oncogene, whose crucial role has been elucidated during the last two decades...
- In vivo detection of c-Met expression in a rat C6 glioma modelR A Towner
Small Animal MRI Core Facility, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Cell Mol Med 12:174-86. 2008The tyrosine kinase receptor, c-Met, and its substrate, the hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), are implicated in the malignant progression of glioblastomas...
- Ovarian-type stroma in hepatobiliary cystadenomas and pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasms: an immunohistochemical studyMaggie M Lam
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 129:211-8. 2008We compared immunohistochemical expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), c-met, alpha-inhibin, estrogen receptor (ER), and progesterone receptor (PR) in 10 pancreatic mucinous cystic neoplasms (PMCNs), 8 hepatobiliary cystadenomas (..
- Hepatocyte growth factor and c-Met promote dendritic maturation during hippocampal neuron differentiation via the Akt pathwayChol Seung Lim
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA
Cell Signal 20:825-35. 2008..Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor, c-Met, can promote formation of neurites and enhance elaboration of dendrites in mature neurons, but their effects on the ..
- Potent antioxidant role of pirfenidone in experimental cirrhosisAdriana Salazar-Montes
Institute for Molecular Biology in Medicine and Gene Therapy, CUCS, University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Eur J Pharmacol 595:69-77. 2008..by pirfenidone and increased expression of regenerative genes like hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and c-met ...
- Co-overexpression of Met and hepatocyte growth factor promotes systemic metastasis in NCI-H460 non-small cell lung carcinoma cellsRoya Navab
Ontario Cancer Institute and Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Ontario, Canada
Neoplasia 11:1292-300. 2009..b>Met, the receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) is a receptor tyrosine kinase with demonstrated roles in ..
- Targeting epidermal growth factor receptor: central signaling kinase in lung cancerTakeshi Yoshida
Department of Thoracic Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, 12902 Magnolia Drive Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 80:613-23. 2010..A secondary mutation of EGFR (T790M) and amplification of MET account for 70% of all cases of acquired resistance to EGFR-TKIs...
- Oncogenic engagement of the Met receptor is sufficient to evoke angiogenic, tumorigenic, and metastatic activities in rat intestinal epithelial cellsJimmy Bernier
Département d Anatomie et de Biologie Cellulaire, Universite de Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G677-86. 2010The deregulation of Met/hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) receptor tyrosine kinase signaling constitutes a common event in colorectal cancers. However, the physiopathological functions of such a deregulation remain poorly understood...
- Expression of HGF/c-Met is dynamically regulated in the dorsal root ganglions and spinal cord of adult rats following sciatic nerve ligationLin Feng Zheng
Department of Radiology, Shanghai Jiaotong University Affiliated First People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Neurosignals 18:49-56. 2010Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor c-Met play pivotal roles in post-traumatic regeneration of the nervous system. However, following peripheral nerve injury, the role and regulation of the HGF/c-Met system is less clear...
- Expression of Ezrin, HGF, C-met in pancreatic cancer and non-cancerous pancreatic tissues of ratsXing Guo Tan
Research Laboratory of Hepatobiliary Diseases, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 9:639-44. 2010Recent studies have confirmed that the expression of Ezrin, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor (C-met) is related to the genesis, progress, invasion and metastasis of some malignant tumors...
- Neurotrophic effect of hepatocyte growth factor on central nervous system neurons in vitroM Hamanoue
Department of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Neuroscience, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosci Res 43:554-64. 1996Although the expression of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor, proto-oncogene c-met, has been demonstrated in the central nervous system (CNS), the function of HGF in the CNS was not fully understood...
- Independent amplification of two gene clusters on chromosome 4 in rat endometrial cancer: identification and molecular characterizationA Walentinsson
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology Genetics, Goteborg University, SE 40530 Gothenburg, Sweden
Cancer Res 61:8263-73. 2001..1. The genes Cdk6 (cyclin-dependent kinase 6) and Met (hepatocyte growth factor receptor) were located in the core of each amplified region and were amplified most recurrently and at the ..
- Further studies on aberrant gene expression associated with arsenic-induced malignant transformation in rat liver TRL1215 cellsJie Liu
Inorganic Carcinogenesis Section, Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, NCI at NIEHS, Mail Drop F 09, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 216:407-15. 2006..nM of arsenite), the expressions of alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), Wilm's tumor protein-1 (WT-1), c-jun, c-myc, H-ras, c-met and hepatocyte growth factor, heme oxygenase-1, superoxide dismutase-1, glutathione-S-transferase-pi and ..
- Met expression is associated with poor outcome in patients with axillary lymph node negative breast carcinomaR L Camp
Department of Pathology Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cancer 86:2259-65. 1999Activation of Met, the receptor for scatter factor/hepatocyte growth factor, is associated with mitogenesis, motogenesis, and decreased cell adhesion...
- Overexpression and amplification of the met/HGF receptor gene during the progression of colorectal cancerM F Di Renzo
Department of Biomedical Science and Oncology, University of Torino Medical School, Torino, Institute of Histology, University of Sassari Medical School, Sassari, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 1:147-54. 1995The c-met oncogene encodes the receptor for hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor, a potent mitogen for epithelial cells that also promotes cell motility and invasiveness...
- Chromosomal localization of rat hepatocyte growth factor (Hgf) and HGF receptor (Met) and characterization of HGF receptor cDNAV R Wallenius
Research Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism RCEM, Department of Internal Medicine, Grona Straket 8, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Mamm Genome 8:661-7. 1997..To obtain a probe for the mapping of the HGF receptor/Met gene, we cloned the complete coding region of the rat HGF receptor mRNA...
- c-met expression in pancreatic cancer and effects of hepatocyte growth factor on pancreatic cancer cell growthK Kiehne
Department of Medicine, Christian Albrechts Universitat Kiel, Germany
Pancreas 15:35-40. 1997..The HGF receptor, the product of the c-met protooncogene, is expressed mainly by epithelial cells...
- Germline and somatic mutations in the tyrosine kinase domain of the MET proto-oncogene in papillary renal carcinomasL Schmidt
Intramural Research Support Program, SAIC Frederick, MD, USA
Nat Genet 16:68-73. 1997..We identified missense mutations located in the tyrosine kinase domain of the MET gene in the germline of affected members of HPRC families and in a subset of sporadic papillary renal carcinomas...
- In vivo and in vitro evidence for increased expression of HGF receptor in kidney of diabetic ratY Liu
Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence 02903, USA
Am J Physiol 271:F1202-10. 1996..In this study, we demonstrate that the c-met protooncogene product, a tyrosine kinase receptor for hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), is increased in the kidney of ..
- Primary structure of rat HGF receptor and induced expression in glomerular mesangial cellsY Liu
Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence 02903, USA
Am J Physiol 271:F679-88. 1996..The nucleotide sequence of the rat c-met cDNA revealed that the HGF receptor is encoded within single open-reading frame as 190 kDa of a transmembrane glycoprotein consisting of 1,382 ..
- Expression and functional role of hepatocyte growth factor receptor (C-MET) during postnatal rat testis developmentA Catizone
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Endocrinology 142:1828-34. 2001The met protooncogene encodes the hepatocyte growth factor receptor (HGFR, c-met). C-met, a tyrosine kinase receptor protein, is widely expressed in different cell types including the male reproductive tract...
- Hepatocyte growth factor and c-met expression in Long-Evans Cinnamon rats with spontaneous hepatitis and hepatomaN Nakayama
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hepatology 24:596-602. 1996..The expression of c-met mRNA was strong in the tissues of LEC rats with fulminant hepatitis and, especially, in the cholangiofibrosis ..
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor and c-met genes during hepatic differentiation and liver development in the ratZ Hu
Laboratory of Experimental Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 0037
Am J Pathol 142:1823-30. 1993..The receptor for HGF has recently been characterized as the product of the proto-oncogene c-met. We have examined the possible involvement of HGF in hepatic growth and differentiation in the rat...
- Increased expression of c-met messenger RNA following acute gastric injury in ratsM Tsujii
First Department of Medicine, Osaka University School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 200:536-41. 1994The aim of the present study was to evaluate messenger RNA expression of c-met, a hepatocyte growth factor receptor gene, after gastric mucosal injury in rats. Male Sprague-Dawley rats were fasted for 24 hours, received 0...
- Expression of the Met/hepatocyte growth factor receptor in human pancreatic cancerM F Di Renzo
Imperial Cancer Research Fund Oncology Unit, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 55:1129-38. 1995..The c-MET-encoded HGF receptor is also overexpressed in a proportion of the panel of 31 human pancreatic cancer cell lines examined, which ..
- Roles of hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor in gastric mucosa. A cell biological and molecular biological studyS Tsuji
First Department of Medicine, Osaka University School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 40:1132-9. 1995Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) stimulates the growth of hepatocytes and other epithelial cells. A gene for the HGF receptor, c-met, is detected in the intestinal tract and the liver, as well as in gastric carcinoma cells...
- Met expression and sarcoma tumorigenicityS Rong
ABL Basic Research Program, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Maryland 21702
Cancer Res 53:5355-60. 1993The met protooncogene tyrosine kinase receptor (Met) and its ligand, hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF), ordinarily constitute a paracrine signaling system in which cells of mesenchymal origin produce the ligand, which ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor and its receptor (c-MET) in prostatic carcinomaP A Humphrey
Department of Pathology, Washington University Medical Center, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Pathol 147:386-96. 1995..Expression of the HGF receptor, c-MET, is up-regulated by androgen deprivation and c-MET appears to be preferentially expressed on androgen-..
- Modulation of hepatocyte growth factor and c-met in the rat mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation, and involutionM S Pepper
Department of Morphology, University of Geneva Medical Center, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 219:204-10. 1995..The aim of the present studies was to assess the expression and modulation of HGF and its receptor c-Met in the rat mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation, and involution...
- Hepatocyte growth factor up-regulates met expression in rat fetal hepatocytes in primary cultureC De Juan
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Centro Mixto C S I C U C M, Facultad de Farmacia, Ciudad Universitaria, Madrid, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 204:1364-70. 1994..In the present study, we have analyzed the c-met/HGF receptor expression in fetal hepatocytes and its modulation by growth factors and hormones...
- Cytokines regulate c-Met expression in cultured astrocytesKenji Shimazaki
Department of Neurosurgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Brain Res 962:105-10. 2003We investigated c-Met expression in cultured astrocytes and their regulation by cytokines. Immunocytochemistry revealed that c-Met was expressed in cultured astrocytes...
- [Overexpression of PEMT2 inhibits the phosphorylation and translocation of PLC gamma 1]Ya li Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Dalian Medical University, Dalian 116027, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 14:514-6. 2006..To explore the mechanism of CBRH-7919 cell proliferation inhibition by transfecting phosphatidylethanolamine N-methyltransferase 2 gene (PEMT2)...
- Expression and phosphorylation of rat c-met/hepatocyte growth factor receptor during rat liver regenerationM Horimoto
First Department of Medicine, Osaka University School of Medicine, Japan
J Hepatol 23:174-83. 1995b>Hepatocyte growth factor receptor is identified as a heterodimeric tyrosine kinase encoded by the c-met gene...
- Effect of liver regeneration after partial hepatectomy and ischemia-reperfusion on expression of growth factor receptorsP Baier
Department of General and Visceral Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University, Freiburg, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:3835-40. 2006..This is relevant due to the potential therapeutic use of growth factors in stimulating liver regeneration...
- c-Met responsiveness of isolated hepatocytes evaluated in an in vitro de-differentiation modelKim A Boost
Klinik fur Anasthesiologie, Intensivmedizin und Schmerztherapie, Zentrum der Chirurgie, Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universitat, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Int J Mol Med 17:475-82. 2006Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) accelerates tissue regeneration and ameliorates tissue fibrosis through its ligand c-Met receptor tyrosine kinase...
- Hepatocyte growth factor receptor signaling mediates the anti-fibrotic action of 9-cis-retinoic acid in glomerular mesangial cellsXiaoyan Wen
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, S 405 Biomedical Science Tower, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Am J Pathol 167:947-57. 2005..growth factor (HGF) mRNA expression and protein secretion, stimulated HGF promoter activity, and activated c-met receptor phosphorylation...
- Amplification and overexpression of c-erbB-2, epidermal growth factor receptor, and c-met in biliary tract cancersKumiko Nakazawa
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Yamanashi, Yamanashi, Japan
J Pathol 206:356-65. 2005..of tyrosine kinase growth factor receptors such as ErbB-2, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), and Met may play important roles in the development of biliary tract carcinomas...
- Met, metastasis, motility and moreCarmen Birchmeier
Department of Neuroscience, Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, 13122 Berlin, Germany
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 4:915-25. 2003
- Thioacetamide-induced intestinal-type cholangiocarcinoma in rat: an animal model recapitulating the multi-stage progression of human cholangiocarcinomaChun Nan Yeh
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
Carcinogenesis 25:631-6. 2004..normal cholangioles to biliary dysplasia to invasive CCA was accompanied by up-regulation of the proto-oncogenes c-met and c-erbB-2, tyrosine kinase receptors over-expressed in human CCAs...
- In situ activation pattern of Met docking site following renal injury and hypertrophyBenjamin Dekel
Department of Pediatrics, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 18:1493-504. 2003Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor (HGF/SF) binds to its tyrosine kinase receptor, Met, thereby stimulating diverse cellular responses...
- Expression of the c-Met proto-oncogene and its possible involvement in liver invasion in adult T-cell leukemiaYoshitaka Imaizumi
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 9:181-7. 2003c-Met is a tyrosine kinase receptor for hepatocyte growth factor and suggested to be involved in oncogenesis ormetastatic phenotypes in many malignancies...
- Overexpression of epidermal growth factor and hepatocyte growth factor receptors in a proportion of gastrinomas correlates with aggressive growth and lower curabilityPaolo L Peghini
Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2273-85. 2002..Whether this is true of neuroendocrine tumors such as gastrinomas is unclear...
- Distinctive gene expression of receptor-type tyrosine kinase families during rat hepatocarcinogenesisHiroaki Kuroda
Department of Surgery II, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, 1 12 4 Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8523, Japan
Int J Mol Med 9:473-80. 2002..Sequence analysis of 459 clones identified 23 different RTK genes. The Tie-2, c-Met, and Flk-1 genes were the most abundant RTK genes cloned in rat hepatoma compared to normal liver...
- Mutation of the c-Cbl TKB domain binding site on the Met receptor tyrosine kinase converts it into a transforming proteinP Peschard
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Molecular Oncology Group, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1A1, Canada
Mol Cell 8:995-1004. 2001..In testing this, we show that c-Cbl promotes ubiquitination of the Met RTK. This requires the c-Cbl tyrosine kinase binding (TKB) domain and a juxtamembrane tyrosine residue on Met...
- Expression of hepatocyte growth factor, keratinocyte growth factor and their receptors in experimental chronic pancreatitisJ M Otte
Department of Internal Medicine, Christian Albrechts University, Schittenhelmstrasse 12, 24105 Kiel, Germany
Eur J Clin Invest 31:865-75. 2001..These peptide growth factors and their receptors c-met and keratinocyte growth factor receptor (KGFR) are overexpressed in pancreatic cancer.
- Functional role of hepatocyte growth factor receptor during sperm maturationA Catizone
Department of Histology and Medical Embryology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
J Androl 23:911-8. 2002..In the present paper we report that in rats, HGF receptor, c-met, is expressed in testicular and epididymal spermatozoa...
- Activation of cardiac progenitor cells reverses the failing heart senescent phenotype and prolongs lifespanArantxa Gonzalez
Department of Anesthesia, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Circ Res 102:597-606. 2008..of the insulin-like growth factor-1/insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor and hepatocyte growth factor/c-Met systems, which do not counteract any longer the CPC renin-angiotensin system, resulting in cellular senescence, ..
- Ontogeny of hepatocyte growth factor and c-met/hgf receptor in rat pancreasE L Calvo
Dept Médecine, Fac Médecine, Univ Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 229:257-63. 1996..HGF is the ligand of a dimeric transmembrane tyrosine kinase receptor encoded by the met proto-oncogene...
- CD44v6 dependence of premetastatic niche preparation by exosomesThorsten Jung
Department of Tumor Cell Biology, University Hospital of Surgery and German Cancer Research Center, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Neoplasia 11:1093-105. 2009..Analyzing the composition revealed that only the ASML(wt)-matrix contains c-Met and urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor...
- Overexpression of the gene for transmembrane 4 superfamily member 4 accelerates liver damage in rats treated with CCl4Jie Qiu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yue Yang Road, Shanghai 200031, People s Republic of China
J Hepatol 46:266-75. 2007..Therefore, we investigated the role of TM4SF4 during liver injury...
- Hepatocyte growth factor-induced Ras activation requires ERM proteins linked to both CD44v6 and F-actinVeronique Orian-Rousseau
Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe, Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 18:76-83. 2007In several types of cells, the activation of the receptor tyrosine kinase c-Met by its ligand hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) requires the coreceptor CD44v6...
- Adenosine administration accelerates progression of the cell cycle during rat liver regeneration induced by one-third hepatectomyEdgar Mendieta-Condado
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Ciudad de Mexico, Mexico
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:122-32. 2009..were also accompanied for a long-lasting increase of serum and liver levels of HGF and liver expression of c-Met and HGF liver activator...
- Localization and functional role of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) and its receptor c-met in the rat developing cerebral cortexWoong Sun
Division of Molecular Regenerative Medicine, Course of Advanced Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, B 7, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 103:36-48. 2002..In the present study, we examined expression and functional roles of HGF and c-Met during development of the rat cerebral cortex...
- Gene expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 and hepatocyte growth factor during wound healing of injured rat vocal foldTsunehisa Ohno
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University Bill Wilkerson Center for Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 4480, USA
Laryngoscope 119:806-10. 2009..the expression of genes coding transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1, hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), and c-Met, its membrane-spanning tyrosine kinase receptor, during the inflammatory, proliferative, and remodeling phases of ..
- RAN GTPase is an effector of the invasive/metastatic phenotype induced by osteopontinV V Kurisetty
Centre for Cancer Research and Cell Biology, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast, UK
Oncogene 27:7139-49. 2008..a combination of mutant protein and inhibitors, it was found that RAN signal transduction occurred through the c-Met receptor and PI3 kinase...
- Molecular-Specific Detection of Tumors: MRI InvestigationsRheal Towner; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..