Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Map3k11
Description: mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 11
Alias: Mlk-3, Mlk3, RHOE, mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase 11, mixed lineage kinase 3
- Neuroprotective effects of preconditioning ischemia on ischemic brain injury through down-regulating activation of JNK1/2 via N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor-mediated Akt1 activationBei Miao
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, China
J Biol Chem 280:21693-9. 2005..In our present results, ischemic preconditioning could not only inhibit activations of mixed lineage kinase 3, JNK1/2, and c-Jun but also enhanced activation of Akt1...
- The MLK family mediates c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation in neuronal apoptosisZ Xu
Department of Pathology and Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:4713-24. 2001..We show here that members of the mixed-lineage kinase (MLK) family (including MLK1, MLK2, MLK3, and dual leucine zipper kinase [DLK]) are expressed in neuronal cells and are likely to act between Rac1/Cdc42 and ..
- Evidence for a role of mixed lineage kinases in neuronal apoptosisM Mota
Eisai London Research Laboratories, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 21:4949-57. 2001..The mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3) belongs to a family of mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase kinase kinases...
- SUMOylation of the kainate receptor subunit GluK2 contributes to the activation of the MLK3-JNK3 pathway following kainate stimulationQiu Ju Zhu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu, China
FEBS Lett 586:1259-64. 2012..Over-expression of wild-type GluK2, but not SUMOylation-deficient mutant, significantly increased the activity of MLK3 and JNK3 after kainate stimulation...
- Signaling from the small GTP-binding proteins Rac1 and Cdc42 to the c-Jun N-terminal kinase/stress-activated protein kinase pathway. A role for mixed lineage kinase 3/protein-tyrosine kinase 1, a novel member of the mixed lineage kinase familyH Teramoto
Laboratory of Cellular Development and Oncology, NIDR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4330, USA
J Biol Chem 271:27225-8. 1996..of homology to that in Pak1 that is involved in binding to Rac1 and Cdc42 led to the identification of mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3), also known as protein-tyrosine kinase 1, as a potential candidate for this function...
- S-nitrosylation of mixed lineage kinase 3 contributes to its activation after cerebral ischemiaShu Qun Hu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation and Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, China
J Biol Chem 287:2364-77. 2012Previous studies in our laboratory have shown that mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3) can be activated following global ischemia...
- Mechanisms and functions of p38 MAPK signallingAna Cuadrado
CNIO, Spanish National Cancer Center, Madrid, Spain
Biochem J 429:403-17. 2010..Finally, we discuss how genetic mouse models are facilitating the identification of physiological functions for p38 MAPKs, which may impinge on their eventual use as therapeutic targets...
- Cbl negatively regulates JNK activation and cell deathAndrew A Sproul
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
Cell Res 19:950-61. 2009..Apoptotic stimuli lead to loss of Cbl protein/activity, thereby removing a critical brake on JNK activation and on cell death...
- Crosstalk between PSD-95 and JIP1-mediated signaling modules: the mechanism of MLK3 activation in cerebral ischemiaQing Xiu Zhang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, China
Biochemistry 46:4006-16. 2007Our previous study indicates that global ischemia facilitates the assembly of the GluR6.PSD-95.MLK3 signaling module, which in turn activated MLK3, leading to exacerbated ischemic neuron death...
- Delayed activation and regulation of MKK7 in hippocampal CA1 region following global cerebral ischemia in ratsQuanguang Zhang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, 221002, PR China
Life Sci 74:37-45. 2003..Consistent with the active phase, the interaction of MLK3, ASK1 and phospho-JNK with MKK7 was increased compared with sham control, as shown by coimmunoprecipitation ..
- K252a suppresses neuronal cells apoptosis through inhibiting the translocation of Bax to mitochondria induced by the MLK3/JNK signaling after transient global brain ischemia in rat hippocampal CA1 subregionQing Wang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, P R China
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 31:307-13. 2011..These findings imply that K252a induced neuroprotection against ischemia/reperfusion in rat hippocampal CA1 subregion via inhibiting the mitochondrial apoptosis pathway induced by JNK activation...
- Role of Rac1 GTPase in JNK signaling and delayed neuronal cell death following global cerebral ischemiaQuan Guang Zhang
Developmental Neurobiology Program, Institute of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Brain Res 1265:138-47. 2009..Rac1 has been shown to interact with POSH (plenty of SH3s), a scaffold protein that binds to and regulates MLK3 and JNK activation...
- Co-activation of GABA receptors inhibits the JNK3 apoptotic pathway via the disassembly of the GluR6-PSD95-MLK3 signaling module in cerebral ischemic-reperfusionDong Han
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, People s Republic of China
FEBS Lett 582:1298-306. 2008..The agonists inhibited the increased assembly of the GluR6-PSD-95-MLK3 module induced by cerebral ischemia and the activation of the MLK3-MKK4/7-JNK3 cascade...
- Glycogen synthase kinase-3beta induces neuronal cell death via direct phosphorylation of mixed lineage kinase 3Rajakishore Mishra
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular and Cancer Research Institute, The Texas A and M University System HSC, College of Medicine, Texas 76504, USA
J Biol Chem 282:30393-405. 2007b>Mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3) is a mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase kinase member that activates the c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway. Aberrant activation of MLK3 has been implicated in neurodegenerative diseases...
- CEP11004, a novel inhibitor of the mixed lineage kinases, suppresses apoptotic death in dopamine neurons of the substantia nigra induced by 6-hydroxydopamineAnindita Ganguly
Department of Neurology, The College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Neurochem 88:469-80. 2004..We conclude that c-jun phosphorylation is a general feature of apoptosis in living dopamine neurons and that the mixed lineage kinases play a functional role as up-stream mediators of cell death in these neurons...
- The c-jun kinase/stress-activated pathway: regulation, function and role in human diseaseGary L Johnson
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Department of Pharmacology, and Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, 31 331 LCC Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1341-8. 2007..In this review, we present our current understanding of JNK regulation and their involvement in homeostasis and dysregulation in human disease...
- Down-regulation Cdc42 attenuates neuronal apoptosis through inhibiting MLK3/JNK3 cascade during ischemic reperfusion in rat hippocampusJie Zhao
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Brain Disease Bioinformation, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, China
Cell Signal 19:831-43. 2007..Here we reported that ischemia/reperfusion significantly elevated Cdc42 activity, enhanced assembly of the Cdc42-MLK3 complex and activation of JNK pathway...
- Inhibition of MLK3-MKK4/7-JNK1/2 pathway by Akt1 in exogenous estrogen-induced neuroprotection against transient global cerebral ischemia by a non-genomic mechanism in male ratsRan Wang
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Brain Disease Bioinformation, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, China
J Neurochem 99:1543-54. 2006..with beta-estradiol 3-benzoate (E2) enhanced Akt1 activation and reduced the activation of mixed-lineage kinase 3 (MLK3), mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 4/7 (MKK4/7), and c-Jun N-terminal kinase 1/2 (JNK1/2) in the hippocampal ..
- N-Acetylcysteine inhibit the translocation of mixed lineage kinase-3 from cytosol to plasma membrane during transient brain ischemia in rat hippocampusDong Sheng Pei
Department of Neurobiology and Biophysics, School of Life Science, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230027, PR China
Neurosci Lett 391:38-42. 2005Mixed lineage kinase-3 (MLK3) is a recently described member of the MLK subfamily of Ser/Thr protein kinases that interacts with mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- The neuroprotective effects of K252a through inhibiting MLK3/MKK7/JNK3 signaling pathway on ischemic brain injury in rat hippocampal CA1 regionJ Pan
Research Center for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xuzhou Medical College, 84 West Huai hai Road, Xuzhou 221002, Jiangsu, PR China
Neuroscience 131:147-59. 2005..These results indicated that cerebral ischemia induced the continuous activation of MLK3/MKK7/JNK3 cascade, which all had two active waves only in the CA1 region...
- Mixed lineage kinase 3 (MLK3)-activated p38 MAP kinase mediates transforming growth factor-beta-induced apoptosis in hepatoma cellsKi Yong Kim
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29478-84. 2004..We show here that the members of the mixed lineage kinase (MLK) family (including MLK1, MLK2, MLK3, and dual leucine zipper-bearing kinase (DLK)) are expressed in FaO rat hepatoma cells and are likely to act ..
- NIH--EGF/NEU RECEPTOR SIGNAL TRANSDUCTIONGary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2001..4) Define the role of Cbl in ErbB1 signaling and the mediation of survival. ..
- UNC Center for Nanosensing the Stressome (RMI)Gary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Inhibitor Screens for Five MAPK Kinase Kinases Important in Human DiseaseGary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- RECEPTOR INTERACTION WITH GTP REGULATORY PROTEINSGary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..Cumulatively, the studies will define new strategies for the development of pharmacological ligandsto regulate subsets of receptor functions that will have much more selective effects on target cells and tissues. ..
- Defining Signal Network PlasticityGary Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2008..A rigorous definition of signal network plasticity will accelerate the translation of basic discovery to therapeutic intervention of human disease, a stated goal of the NIH mission. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..