Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Lpl
Description: lipoprotein lipase
Alias: lipoprotein lipase
- Rosiglitazone up-regulates lipoprotein lipase, hormone-sensitive lipase and uncoupling protein-1, and down-regulates insulin-induced fatty acid synthase gene expression in brown adipocytes of Wistar ratsT Teruel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, Faculty of Pharmacy, Complutense University, 28040, Madrid, Spain
Diabetologia 48:1180-8. 2005..The genes studied were: (1) lipoprotein lipase (lpl), which is involved in lipid uptake; (2) hormone-sensitive lipase (hsl), which mobilises fatty acids ..
- Angiopoietin-like protein 4 converts lipoprotein lipase to inactive monomers and modulates lipase activity in adipose tissueValentina Sukonina
Department of Medical Biosciences, Umea University, SE 901 87 Umea, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17450-5. 2006b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) has a central role in lipoprotein metabolism to maintain normal lipoprotein levels in blood and, through tissue specific regulation of its activity, to determine when and in what tissues triglycerides are unloaded...
- Acute diabetes moderates trafficking of cardiac lipoprotein lipase through p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase-dependent actin cytoskeleton organizationMin Suk Kim
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Diabetes 57:64-76. 2008..Our objective was to determine the mechanisms by which AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) augments cardiac lipoprotein lipase (LPL), the enzyme that provides the heart with the majority of its fatty acid.
- Protein kinase D is a key regulator of cardiomyocyte lipoprotein lipase secretion after diabetesMin Suk Kim
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Circ Res 103:252-60. 2008..fatty acid (FA) for energy supply and does so by multiple mechanisms including hydrolysis of lipoproteins by lipoprotein lipase (LPL) positioned at the vascular lumen...
- Cold acclimation induces physiological cardiac hypertrophy and increases assimilation of triacylglycerol metabolism through lipoprotein lipaseY Cheng
Department of Physiology, Division of Medical Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1781:618-26. 2008The contribution of triacylglycerol to energy provision in the hypertrophied heart, mediated through lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is largely unknown and the contribution of very-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor to control of LPL ..
- The distribution of lipoprotein lipase in rat adipose tissue. Changes with nutritional state engage the extracellular enzymeGengshu Wu
Department of Medical Biosciences, Physiological Chemistry, Umea University, SE 90185 Umeå, Sweden
J Biol Chem 278:11925-30. 2003b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) acts at the vascular endothelium. Earlier studies have shown that down-regulation of adipose tissue LPL during fasting is post-translational and involves a shift from active to inactive forms of the lipase...
- Down-regulation of adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase during fasting requires that a gene, separate from the lipase gene, is switched onMartin Bergo
Department of Medical Bioscience, Umea University, S 901 87 Umea, Sweden
J Biol Chem 277:11927-32. 2002During short term fasting, lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity in rat adipose tissue is rapidly down-regulated. This down-regulation occurs on a posttranslational level; it is not accompanied by changes in LPL mRNA or protein levels...
- Maternal undernutrition leads to elevated hepatic triglycerides in male rat offspring due to increased expression of lipoprotein lipaseWei Fen Zhu
Department of Pediatrics, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310058, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:4487-93. 2016..pregnancy may lead to alterations in hepatic triglyceride content and the gene expression levels of hepatic lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in SGA male offspring...
- Changes in white adipose tissue metabolism induced by resveratrol in ratsGoiuri Alberdi
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Pais Vasco, Paseo de la Universidad 7, 01006 Vitoria, Spain
Nutr Metab (Lond) 8:29. 2011..Recently, this polyphenol has been shown to have body fat lowering effects. The aim of the present study was to assess some of the potential underlying mechanisms of action which take place in adipose tissue...
- ShRNA-mediated gene silencing of lipoprotein lipase improves insulin sensitivity in L6 skeletal muscle cellsMajib Jan
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, California State University Northridge, Northridge, CA 91330 8262, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 462:33-7. 2015In previous studies, we demonstrated that down-regulation of lipoprotein lipase in L6 muscle cells increased insulin-stimulated glucose uptake...
- The tissue distribution of lipoprotein lipase determines where chylomicrons bindRoger Savonen
Department of Medical Biosciences, Physiological Chemistry, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Lipid Res 56:588-98. 2015To determine the role of LPL for binding of lipoproteins to the vascular endothelium, and for the distribution of lipids from lipoproteins, four lines of induced mutant mice were used...
- Linking nutritional regulation of Angptl4, Gpihbp1, and Lmf1 to lipoprotein lipase activity in rodent adipose tissueOlessia Kroupa
Department of Medical Biosciences Physiological Chemistry, Umea University, Umeå SE 90187, Sweden
BMC Physiol 12:13. 2012b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) hydrolyzes triglycerides in lipoproteins and makes fatty acids available for tissue metabolism. The activity of the enzyme is modulated in a tissue specific manner by interaction with other proteins...
- Hyperglycemia-induced secretion of endothelial heparanase stimulates a vascular endothelial growth factor autocrine network in cardiomyocytes that promotes recruitment of lipoprotein lipaseDahai Zhang
From the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences D Z, A W, A P L C, Y W, F W, K N, N L, B R, and Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences M J B, J D J, University of British Columbia, Canada and Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Israel I V
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:2830-8. 2013During diabetes mellitus, coronary lipoprotein lipase increases to promote the predominant use of fatty acids...
- Cardiomyocyte VEGF Regulates Endothelial Cell GPIHBP1 to Relocate Lipoprotein Lipase to the Coronary Lumen During Diabetes MellitusAmy Pei Ling Chiu
From the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada A P L C, A W, N L, D Z, F W, B H, B R and Cancer and Vascular Biology Research Center, Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel I V
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 36:145-55. 2016b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL)-mediated triglyceride hydrolysis is the major source of fatty acid for cardiac energy...
- Activated cyclin-dependent kinase 5 promotes microglial phagocytosis of fibrillar β-amyloid by up-regulating lipoprotein lipase expressionYuanhui Ma
State Key Laboratory of Protein and Plant Gene Research, College of Life Sciences, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China
Mol Cell Proteomics 12:2833-44. 2013..Bioinformatic analysis revealed strong over-representation of membrane proteins, including lipoprotein lipase (LPL), among proteins regulated by the Aβ stimulus...
- Lipoprotein lipase deficiency in chronic kidney disease is accompanied by down-regulation of endothelial GPIHBP1 expressionNosratola D Vaziri
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA, USA
Clin Exp Nephrol 16:238-43. 2012..and impaired clearance of very low density lipoprotein (VLDL) and chylomicrons which are largely due to lipoprotein lipase (LPL) deficiency/dysfunction...
- Endothelial heparanase regulates heart metabolism by stimulating lipoprotein lipase secretion from cardiomyocytesYing Wang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, 2405 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:894-902. 2013After diabetes mellitus, transfer of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) from cardiomyocytes to the coronary lumen increases, and this requires liberation of LPL from the myocyte surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans with subsequent replenishment of ..
- Association of lipoprotein lipase S447X, apolipoprotein E exon 4, and apoC3 -455T>C polymorphisms on the susceptibility to diabetic nephropathyM C Y Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong
Clin Genet 70:20-8. 2006..In DN patients, triglyceride (TG) level is elevated and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity, which hydrolyzes TG, is decreased...
- Protein restriction and AST-120 improve lipoprotein lipase and VLDL receptor in focal glomerulosclerosisTadashi Sato
Department of Pediatrics, Saga Medical School, Saga City, Japan
Kidney Int 64:1780-6. 2003..Recently, we reported marked down-regulations of skeletal muscle and adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) receptor in male Imai rats at 32 weeks of age...
- Simplified analysis of lipoprotein lipase activity: evaluation of lipasemic activity of low molecular weight heparin in ratsJun Pil Jee
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 35:1107-14. 2012A simple procedure for measuring lipoprotein lipase activity was developed by using newly formulated substrate with turbidimetry method...
- Cardiac lipoprotein lipase activity in the hypertrophied heart may be regulated by fatty acid fluxDavid Hauton
School of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, College of Medicinal and Dental Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, United Kingdom
Biochim Biophys Acta 1821:627-36. 2012..It is unclear whether uptake mechanisms such as lipoprotein lipase (LPL) can be attenuated to diminish this uptake...
- Activation of lipoprotein lipase by glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide in adipocytes. A role for a protein kinase B, LKB1, and AMP-activated protein kinase cascadeSu Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, The Diabetes Research Group, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:8557-67. 2007..and the present study was directed at identifying the mechanisms underlying its stimulatory action on lipoprotein lipase (LPL)...
- Resistin is a key mediator of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) stimulation of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity in adipocytesSu Jin Kim
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences and the Diabetes Research Group, Life Sciences Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Biol Chem 282:34139-47. 2007..In previous studies on the stimulatory effect of GIP on adipocyte lipoprotein lipase (LPL), a pathway was identified involving increased phosphorylation of protein kinase B (PKB) and reduced ..
- Apolipoprotein E and lipoprotein lipase gene polymorphisms interaction on the atherogenic combined expression of hypertriglyceridemia and hyperapobetalipoproteinemia phenotypesP Perron
Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, University of Montreal Community Genomic Medicine Center and Lipid Clinic, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, Quebec, Canada G7H5H6
J Endocrinol Invest 30:551-7. 2007..Apolipoprotein (apo) E and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) genes are involved in the catabolism of triglycerides (TG)-rich apoB-containing lipoproteins (VLDL)...
- Postprandial chylomicrons and adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase are altered in type 2 diabetes independently of obesity and whole-body insulin resistanceGiovanni Annuzzi
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Via Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:531-8. 2008..The aim of this study is to differentiate the effects of whole-body insulin resistance, obesity, and type 2 diabetes on postprandial dyslipidaemia and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in adipose tissue.
- [Gene expression of hormone sensitive lipase and lipoprotein lipase in obesity-prone and obesity-resistant rats induced by high-fat diet]Weiwei Ma
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, College of Public Health, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150081, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 36:320-2. 2007To explore the gene expression of hormone sensitive lipase (HSL) and lipoprotein lipase (LPL) between obesity-prone (OP) and obesity-resistant (OR) rats induced by a high-fat diet.
- Oxidized fat reduces milk triacylglycerol concentrations by inhibiting gene expression of lipoprotein lipase and fatty acid transporters in the mammary gland of ratsRobert Ringseis
Institute of Agricultural and Nutritional Sciences, Martin Luther University, D 06108 Halle Saale, Germany
J Nutr 137:2056-61. 2007..of triacylglycerols and nonesterified fatty acids (NEFA) in plasma and lower mRNA concentrations of lipoprotein lipase and fatty acid transporters in the mammary gland than the FF group (P < 0.05)...
- Metabolism of very-low-density lipoprotein and chylomicrons by streptozotocin-induced diabetic rat heart: effects of diabetes and lipoprotein preferenceYou Guo Niu
Department of Clinical Aerospace Medicine, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295:E1106-16. 2008..Heparin-releasable lipoprotein lipase (HR-LPL) activity was increased in STZ-induced diabetic hearts, but tissue residual LPL activity was ..
- Association of lipoprotein lipase D9N polymorphism with myocardial infarction in type 2 diabetes: the genetics, outcomes, and lipids in type 2 diabetes (GOLD) studyMaria C Izar
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, Rua Pedro de Toledo 276, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Atherosclerosis 204:165-70. 2009..APO A1 (A/G -75 and C/T +83) and APO C3 (C/G 3'UTR) non-coding sequences, CETP (Taq 1B), LPL (D9N), APO E (epsilon2, epsilon3, epsilon4,), PON-1 (Q192R), and two LCAT variants Arg(147)-->Trp and Tyr(171)--&..
- Skeletal muscle-specific deletion of lipoprotein lipase enhances insulin signaling in skeletal muscle but causes insulin resistance in liver and other tissuesHong Wang
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes 58:116-24. 2009Skeletal muscle-specific LPL knockout mouse (SMLPL(-/-)) were created to study the systemic impact of reduced lipoprotein lipid delivery in skeletal muscle on insulin sensitivity, body weight, and composition.
- Association of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) single nucleotide polymorphisms with type 2 diabetes mellitusYoon Shin Cho
National Genome Research Institute, National Institute of Health, Seoul 122 701, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:523-32. 2008..b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is a key enzyme in human lipid metabolism that facilitates the removal of triglyceride-rich ..
- Nitric oxide and the release of lipoprotein lipase from white adipose tissueDavid Ricart-Jané
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Cell Physiol Biochem 22:525-30. 2008b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is the main enzyme responsible for the distribution of circulating triacylglycerides in tissues. Its regulation via release from active sites in the vascular endothelium is poorly understood...
- [Lipoprotein lipase expression in the hippocampus and its effects on vitamin E levels in rats with epilepsy]Xuan Shi
Department of Pediatrics, People s Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 12:377-81. 2010To investigate the dynamic changes of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) expression in the hippocampus of epileptic rats and to study its effect on vitamin E levels in rats following status epilepticus (SE).
- Adiponectin increases LPL activity via RhoA/ROCK-mediated actin remodelling in adult rat cardiomyocytesRiya Ganguly
Department of Biology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Endocrinology 152:247-54. 2011..Here we investigated mechanisms whereby adiponectin mediates a particular metabolic effect by focusing on lipoprotein lipase (LPL), an enzyme that increases free fatty acid availability to the heart by breakdown of chylomicrons and ..
- Severity of diabetes governs vascular lipoprotein lipase by affecting enzyme dimerization and disassemblyYing Wang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Diabetes 60:2041-50. 2011..FA provided to the heart comes from the breakdown of circulating triglyceride (TG), a process catalyzed by lipoprotein lipase (LPL) located at the vascular lumen...
- PPAR-gamma activation mediates adipose depot-specific effects on gene expression and lipoprotein lipase activity: mechanisms for modulation of postprandial lipemia and differential adipose accretionMathieu Laplante
Department of Anatomy and Physiology, Laval Hospital Research Center, School of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes 52:291-9. 2003..proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPAR-gamma) agonists on fat deposition extends to the expression of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and other key adipose lipid metabolism genes, and whether changes in LPL impact triglyceridemia...
- [Lipoprotein lipase deficiencies]J Etienne
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, CHU St Antoine Tenon, Faculte de Medecine, Paris, France
Ann Biol Clin (Paris) 50:299-309. 1992b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is an enzyme which plays a major role in the metabolism of circulating triglyceride-rich lipoproteins...
- Catalytic triad residue mutation (Asp156----Gly) causing familial lipoprotein lipase deficiency. Co-inheritance with a nonsense mutation (Ser447----Ter) in a Turkish familyF Faustinella
Department of Cell Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030
J Biol Chem 266:14418-24. 1991..of Turkish descent who had normal plasma apolipoprotein C-II levels and undetectable plasma post-heparin lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity...
- Lipoprotein lipase gene expression in rat adipocytes is regulated by isoproterenol and insulin through different mechanismsM V Raynolds
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262
Mol Endocrinol 4:1416-22. 1990b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is highly regulated by catecholamines and insulin in adipocytes. Isoproterenol, a beta-adrenergic agonist, decreases LPL enzyme activity, whereas insulin increases LPL activity...
- Muscle-specific overexpression of lipoprotein lipase causes a severe myopathy characterized by proliferation of mitochondria and peroxisomes in transgenic miceS Levak-Frank
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Karl Franzens University, Graz, Austria
J Clin Invest 96:976-86. 1995In extrahepatic tissues lipoprotein lipase (LPL) hydrolyzes triglycerides thereby generating FFA for tissue uptake and metabolism...
- Common DNA polymorphisms at the lipoprotein lipase gene. Association with severity of coronary artery disease and diabetesX L Wang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of New South Wales, Prince Henry Prince of Wales Hospitals, Sydney, Australia
Circulation 93:1339-45. 1996DNA variants of the lipoprotein lipase gene are associated with changes in lipid metabolism similar to those in diabetes and may relate to the development of atherosclerotic lesions, particularly premature lesions.
- Masoprocol decreases serum triglyceride concentrations in rats with fructose-induced hypertriglyceridemiaK A Scribner
Shaman Pharmaceuticals, South San Francisco, CA 94080 4812, USA
Metabolism 49:1106-10. 2000..05). In addition adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity was increased in masoprocol-treated rats and adipose tissue hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL) ..
- Resistance of adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase to insulin action in rats fed an obesity-promoting dietFrederic Picard
Centre de Recherche de l Hôpital Laval et Centre de Recherche sur le Métabolisme Energétique, Département d anatomie et physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1K 7P4
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E412-8. 2002This study aimed to assess whether adipose lipoprotein lipase (LPL) becomes resistant to insulin in a nutritional model of resistance of glucose metabolism to insulin...
- Effect of diet on adipose tissue and skeletal muscle VLDL receptor and LPL: implications for obesity and hyperlipidemiaChristian K Roberts
Department of Physiological Science, UCLA, University of California, PO Box 951606, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Atherosclerosis 161:133-41. 2002..diet (HFS), which is known to induce obesity and hyperlipidemia, on adipose tissue and skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and very-low density lipoprotein receptor (VLDL-R) protein expressions...
- Developmental changes in adipose and muscle lipoprotein lipase activity in the atherosclerosis-prone JCR:LA-corpulent ratL Mantha
Centre de recherche sur le métabolisme énergétique, Département d anatomie et physiologie, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:308-17. 2002To characterize the developmental changes in adipose and muscle lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity in the atherosclerosis-prone JCR:LA-corpulent rat, and to test the hypothesis that tissue-specific abnormalities in LPL activity precede the ..
- Sciatic nerve lipoprotein lipase is reduced in streptozotocin-induced diabetes and corrected by insulinL D M C B Ferreira
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Endocrinology 143:1213-7. 2002The metabolic abnormalities underlying the cause of diabetic neuropathy have been the subject of much debate. Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) is a 56-kDa enzyme produced by several tissues in the body and has recently been shown in vitro to be ..
- Streptozotocin-induced diabetes decreases mammary gland lipoprotein lipase activity and messenger ribonucleic acid in pregnant and nonpregnant ratsLaura Blanco-Dolado
Servicio de Bioquímica Investigación, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Spain
Int J Exp Diabetes Res 3:61-8. 2002Diabetes mellitus is associated with a reduction of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity in adipose tissue and development of hypertriglyceridemia...
- The hormonal responses of lipoprotein lipase activity and lipolysis in adipose tissue differ depending on the stage of the estrous cycle in female ratsM Yamaguchi
Second Department of Medical Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu, Onsen gun, Ehime, Japan
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:610-7. 2002....
- Apolipoprotein E and lipoprotein lipase increase triglyceride-rich particle binding but decrease particle penetration in arterial wallAdam E Mullick
Division of Endocrinology, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:2080-5. 2002..We evaluated the effects of apoE and lipoprotein lipase (LpL) on the interactions of triglyceride-rich particles (TGRPs) in the arterial wall.
- Lipoprotein lipase: structure, function, regulation, and role in diseaseJames R Mead
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, Museum Avenue, P O Box 911, Cardiff CF10 3US, Wales, UK
J Mol Med (Berl) 80:753-69. 2002b>Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) catalyses the hydrolysis of the triacylglycerol component of circulating chylomicrons and very low density lipoproteins, thereby providing non-esterified fatty acids and 2-monoacylglycerol for tissue utilisation...
- Roles of brain phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C and diacylglycerol lipase in centrally administered histamine-induced adrenomedullary outflow in ratsTakahiro Shimizu
Department of Pharmacology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kochi University, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 571:138-44. 2007..c.v.) had no effect. These results suggest the involvement of brain phosphatidylinositol-specific PLC and diacylglycerol lipase in the centrally administered histamine-induced activation of the adrenomedullary outflow in rats...
- Suppression of skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase activity during physical inactivity: a molecular reason to maintain daily low-intensity activityLionel Bey
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Missouri Columbia, MO, USA
J Physiol 551:673-82. 2003We have examined the regulation of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity in skeletal muscle during physical inactivity in comparison to low-intensity contractile activity of ambulatory controls...
- Evidence for rapid "metabolic switching" through lipoprotein lipase occupation of endothelial-binding sitesThomas Pulinilkunnil
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6T 1Z3
J Mol Cell Cardiol 35:1093-103. 2003..In the current study, we examined the contribution of cardiac lipoprotein lipase (LPL) towards providing FA to the diabetic heart...
- The metabolic "switch" AMPK regulates cardiac heparin-releasable lipoprotein lipaseDing An
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 288:E246-53. 2005..Given the importance of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in providing hearts with fatty acids (FA), the preferred substrate consumed by the heart, the ..
- Extracellular degradation of lipoprotein lipase in rat adipose tissueGengshu Wu
Department of Medical Biosciences, Physiological Chemistry, Umea University, SE 90187 Umea, Sweden
BMC Cell Biol 6:4. 2005Recent studies in vivo indicate that short-term regulation of lipoprotein lipase (LPL) in rat adipose tissue is post-translational and occurs by a shift of the lipase protein towards an inactive form under the influence of another gene ..
- Lysophosphatidic acid-mediated augmentation of cardiomyocyte lipoprotein lipase involves actin cytoskeleton reorganizationThomas Pulinilkunnil
Div of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The Univ of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H2802-10. 2005The lipoprotein lipase (LPL)-augmenting property of lysophosphatidylcholine requires the formation of lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) (J Mol Cell Cardiol 37: 931-938, 2004)...
- Changes in lipoprotein lipase modulate tissue energy supply during stressDavid Ricart-Jané
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Spain
J Appl Physiol (1985) 99:1343-51. 2005We studied the variations caused by stress in lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity, LPL-mRNA, and local blood flow in LPL-rich tissues in the rat...
- Lipoprotein lipase gene is linked and associated with hypertension in Taiwan young-onset hypertension genetic studyPei Chen
Graduate Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biomed Sci 12:651-8. 2005..However, the mechanism behind it is poorly understood. A positive linkage signal between Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) and young-onset hypertension has been identified by us as the strongest among 18 candidate genes...
- A novel substitution at the translation initiator codon (ATG-->ATC) of the lipoprotein lipase gene is mainly responsible for lipoprotein lipase deficiency in a patient with severe hypertriglyceridemia and recurrent pancreatitisXue Hui Yu
Department of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, Shandong University, Jinan, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:82-7. 2006..with severe hypertriglyceridemia and recurrent pancreatitis was found to have significantly decreased lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity and normal apolipoprotein C-II concentration in post-heparin plasma...
- Endothelial bound lipoprotein lipase (LpL) depletion in hypoalbuminemia results from decreased endothelial binding, not decreased secretionG C Shearer
Department of Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System, Mather, California 95616, USA
Kidney Int 70:647-53. 2006..The heparin releasable lipoprotein lipase (LpL) pool in both models is greatly reduced, suggesting reduced LpL is related to low albumin or pi and not ..
- Involvement of adipose tissues in the early hypolipidemic action of PPARgamma agonism in the ratMathieu Laplante
Laval Hospital Research Center, Laval Hospital d Youville Y3110, 2725 Chemin Sainte Foy, Quebec, QC, Canada, G1V 4G5
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1408-17. 2007..Accelerated TG clearance was associated with increased lipoprotein lipase (LPL) activity mostly in BAT...
- Sequence of rat lipoprotein lipase-encoding cDNAD Brault
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, Faculté de médecine St Antoine, Paris, France
Gene 121:237-46. 1992A rat lipoprotein lipase (LPL)-encoding cDNA (LPL) has been entirely sequenced and compared to the sequences of all the LPL cDNAs reported in other species. As expected, high homology was found between the coding exons...
- Retroperitoneal white adipose tissue lipoprotein lipase activity is rapidly down-regulated in response to acute stressAlbert Casanovas
Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
J Lipid Res 48:863-8. 2007Tissue-specific regulation of LPL has been widely studied in rats...
- Relationship between lipoprotein lipase and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-alpha expression in rat liver during developmentM Panadero
Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad San Pablo CEU, E 28668 Boadilla del Monte, Madrid, Spain
J Physiol Biochem 62:189-98. 2006..receptor-alpha (PPAR-alpha) in rat liver during the perinatal stage plays a role in the induction of liver lipoprotein lipase (LPL) expression and activity...