Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ldha
Description: lactate dehydrogenase A
Alias: CDK1, Ldh1, L-lactate dehydrogenase A chain, LDH muscle subunit, LDH-A, LDH-M, lactate dehydrogenase A-like
- Lactate dehydrogenase regulation in aged skeletal muscle: Regulation by anabolic steroids and functional overloadTyrone A Washington
Exercise Muscle Biology Laboratory, Human Performance Laboratory, Department of Health, Human Performance and Recreation, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR 72701, United States Integrative Muscle Biology Laboratory, Exercise Science Department, Norman J Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, United States Electronic address
Exp Gerontol 57:66-74. 2014..Our study provides evidence that aging alters aspects of skeletal muscle metabolic plasticity normally induced by overload and anabolic steroid administration. ..
- Lactate dehydrogenase a expression is necessary to sustain rapid angiogenesis of pulmonary microvascular endotheliumGlenda Parra-Bonilla
Department of Pharmacology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, United States of America Center for Lung Biology, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e75984. 2013..These findings demonstrate that LDH-A is critically important for sustaining the rapid angiogenesis of pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells. ..
- Isolation of diabetes-associated kidney genes using differential displayR Page
Division of Life Sciences, Kings College London, United Kingdom
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 232:49-53. 1997..Eight candidate diabetes-associated cDNA fragments, CDK1-8, were isolated and characterised...
- Critical reduction in beta-cell mass results in two distinct outcomes over time. Adaptation with impaired glucose tolerance or decompensated diabetesD Ross Laybutt
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:2997-3005. 2003..Thus, both the severity and duration of hyperglycemia appear to contribute to the deterioration of the beta-cell phenotype found in diabetes...
- Low cytosine triphosphate synthase 2 expression renders resistance to 5-fluorouracil in colorectal cancerWen Lee Tan
Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, Center for Life Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Cancer Biol Ther 11:599-608. 2011..Patients with low CTPS2 did not gain a survival benefit from 5FU treatment (p=0.072), while those with high expression did (p=0.003). Low CTPS2 expression may be a rationally-based determinant of 5FU resistance...
- Identification and physiological activity of survival factor released from cardiomyocytes during ischaemia and reperfusionYoichi Mizukami
Center for Gene Research, Yamaguchi University, Yamaguchi 755 8505, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 79:589-99. 2008....
- M-LDH serves as a regulatory subunit of the cytosolic substrate-channelling complex in vivoSofija Jovanovic
Maternal and Child Health Sciences, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
J Mol Biol 371:349-61. 2007....
- Effect of anabolic steroid nandrolone decanoate on the properties of certain enzymes in the heart, liver, and muscle of rats, and their effect on rats' cardiac electrophysiologyA Tylicki
Department of Animal Biochemistry, University of Bialystok, Ul Swierkowa 20B, Białystok, Poland
Horm Metab Res 39:268-72. 2007..On the other hand, ND may cause activation of ATP synthesis in muscle by enhanced malate-aspartate shuttle action...
- Identification of estrogen-regulated genes by microarray analysis of the uterus of immature rats exposed to endocrine disrupting chemicalsEui Ju Hong
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763, Republic of Korea
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 4:49. 2006....
- Identification of mono-ubiquitinated LDH-A in skeletal muscle cells exposed to oxidative stressYuko Onishi
Department of Nutrition, The University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:799-806. 2005..Our results suggest that oxidative stress induces not only poly-ubiquitination but also mono-ubiquitination of LDH-A, which may be involved in its lysosomal degradation during unloading...
- Cyclic AMP and AKAP-mediated targeting of protein kinase A regulates lactate dehydrogenase subunit A mRNA stabilityRichard A Jungmann
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60611 3008, USA
J Biol Chem 280:25170-7. 2005....
- Gene expression changes in rat white adipose tissue after a high-fat diet determined by differential displayI P Lopez
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Navarra, 31080 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:234-9. 2004....
- Effect of intermittent high altitude hypoxia on gene expression in rat heart and lungE Deindl
Department of Experimental Cardiology, Max Planck Institute for Physiological and Clinical Research, W G Kerckhoff Institute, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Physiol Res 52:147-57. 2003..It differently regulates the expression of distinct genes not only in individual organs but even within one organ, i.e. in the heart...
- Identification of a nucleic acid helix-destabilizing protein from rat liver as lactate dehydrogenase-5K R Williams
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:5260-4. 1985..These results indicate caution in ascribing in vivo roles solely on the basis of binding to ss DNA. Alternatively, they suggest that a single protein may play more than one biological role...
- High glucose stimulates early response gene c-Myc expression in rat pancreatic beta cellsJ C Jonas
Unit of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
J Biol Chem 276:35375-81. 2001..c-Myc could therefore participate to the regulation of beta cell growth, apoptosis, and differentiation under physiological or pathophysiological conditions...
- Anesthetic concentrations of propofol protect against oxidative stress in primary astrocyte cultures: comparison with hypothermiaC E Peters
Department of Physiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Anesthesiology 94:313-21. 2001..This increase may be caused, in part, by changes in glutamate transport by astrocytes. The authors hypothesized that propofol and hypothermia mitigate the effects on astrocytes of oxidative stress...
- Tumor induction by the c-Myc target genes rcl and lactate dehydrogenase AB C Lewis
Program in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Cancer Res 60:6178-83. 2000..These findings confirm Rcl and LDH-A as critical components of the cell transformation program induced by c-Myc and suggest that Rcl is tumorigenic in cells that are provided with a permissive metabolic milieu...
- A unique glucose-dependent apoptotic pathway induced by c-MycH Shim
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:1511-6. 1998..These studies provide insights on the coupling of glucose metabolism and the cell cycle in c-Myc-transformed cells and may in the future be exploited for cancer therapeutics...
- Transcriptional regulation of the lactate dehydrogenase A subunit gene by the phorbol ester 12-O-tetradecanoylphorbol-13-acetateD Huang
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 108:87-94. 1995..1.1.27) isozymes occurs through a multitude of physiological signals. Here, we show that modulation of LDH A subunit occurs via the protein kinase C pathway...
- Purification and radioimmunoassay of rat lactate dehydrogenase A and B subunitsT J Beebee
Biochem J 205:313-20. 1982..The radioimmunoassays provide a sensitive method for measuring nanogram amounts of A-subunit and B-subunit polypeptides in tissue homogenates and were employed to characterize the enzyme purification procedures...
- A study of lactate dehydrogenase levels and turnover rates during postnatal development in the ratT J Beebee
Biochim Biophys Acta 757:209-18. 1983....
- Cyclic AMP regulation of lactate dehydrogenase. Isoproterenol and N6,O2-dibutyryl cyclic amp increase the rate of transcription and change the stability of lactate dehydrogenase a subunit messenger RNA in rat C6 glioma cellsR A Jungmann
J Biol Chem 258:5312-8. 1983..5 h. These results indicate that both isoproterenol and dibutyrl cAMP regulate not only the rate of transcription of mRNALDH but that the stability of mRNALDH is increased during the induction phase...
- Epidermal growth factor or serum stimulation of rat fibroblasts induces an elevation in mRNA levels for lactate dehydrogenase and other glycolytic enzymesL M Matrisian
Nucleic Acids Res 13:711-26. 1985..The complete nucleotide sequence of a rat fibroblast lactate dehydrogenase is presented...