Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Kdr
Description: kinase insert domain receptor
Alias: Vegfr-2, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2, FLK-1, FLK1 kinase insert domain receptor (VEGF receptor 2), FLK1 kinase insert domain receptor (a type III receptor tyrosine kinase) (VEGF receptor 2), fetal liver kinase 1, kinase insert domain protein receptor, protein-tyrosine kinase receptor flk-1
Publications130 found, 100 shown here
- Expression and function of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors (Flt-1 and Flk-1) in vascular adventitial fibroblastsXin Jin
Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Institute of Health Science Center, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
J Mol Cell Cardiol 43:292-300. 2007..We concluded that functional expression of Flt-1 in adventitial fibroblasts might be an important mediator in the pathogenesis of vascular remodeling after arterial injury...
- Two functional forms of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2/Flk-1 mRNA are expressed in normal rat retinaY Wen
Department of Medicine, West Los Angeles VA Medical Center, California, USA
J Biol Chem 273:2090-7. 1998....
- The angiogenic "vascular endothelial growth factor/flk-1(KDR) receptor" pathway in patients with endometrial carcinoma: prognostic and therapeutic implicationsA Giatromanolaki
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Cancer 92:2569-77. 2001..effect on endothelial cells basically is dependent on the presence of specific VEGF receptors, such as the flk-1(KDR) receptor...
- Enhanced bronchial expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and receptors (Flk-1 and Flt-1) in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseA R Kranenburg
Department of Pharmacology, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Thorax 60:106-13. 2005..Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/Flk-1) could play a role in tissue remodelling and angiogenesis in COPD.
- Evaluation of novel antimouse VEGFR2 antibodies as potential antiangiogenic or vascular targeting agents for tumor therapySophia Ran
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 8594, USA
Neoplasia 5:297-307. 2003We generated a panel of eight rat IgG(2a) monoclonal antibodies with high affinity for mouse VEGFR2 (KDR/Flk-1), the main receptor that mediates the angiogenic effect of VEGF-A...
- VEGF-A links angiogenesis and inflammation in inflammatory bowel disease pathogenesisFranco Scaldaferri
Division of Gastroenterology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, University of Milan, Milan Department of Internal Medicine, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Gastroenterology 136:585-95.e5. 2009..Vascular endothelial growth factor A (VEGF-A) mediates angiogenesis and might also have a role in inflammation and immunity. We examined whether VEGF-A signaling has a role in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Association of retinal vascular endothelial growth factor with avascular retina in a rat model of retinopathy of prematuritySteven J Budd
Department of Ophthalmology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 128:1014-21. 2010..To study the effects of oxygen fluctuations on rat vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), VEGF receptor 1(VEGFR1), and VEGFR2 in a model of retinopathy of prematurity (ROP)...
- Inhibition of VEGFR2 prevents DMBA-induced mammary tumor formationSue C Heffelfinger
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Lab Invest 84:989-98. 2004..Invasive disease was absent in all ZD6474 cohorts. These data support the hypothesis that progression of DMBA-induced preinvasive mammary pathologies to palpable disease requires angiogenesis via a VEGF-dependent mechanism...
- Expression of endothelial cell angiogenesis receptors in human cerebrovascular malformationsR Uranishi
Department of Neurosurgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Neurosurgery 48:359-67; discussion 367-8. 2001....
- Extracellular domain of kinase domain region mediated by adeno-associated virus inhibits growth and angiogenesis of bladder cancer in Balb-c miceZhichao Zhang
Institute of Urology, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 115:1209-12. 2002To verify whether the extracellular domain of kinase domain region (KDR) has anti-angiogenesis activity in vivo.
- The angiogenic peptide vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is expressed in chronic sacral pressure ulcersThomas Pufe
Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Department of Anatomy, Olshausenstrasse 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
J Pathol 200:130-6. 2003..VEGF receptor 2 (VEGFR-2; KDR) could also be identified in microvessels...
- Non-endothelial KDR/flk-1 expression is associated with increased survival of patients with urothelial bladder carcinomasH Gakiopoulou-Givalou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, Laikon Hospital, University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Histopathology 43:272-9. 2003To investigate the immunohistochemical expression of KDR/flk-1 in a series of 114 urothelial bladder carcinomas in relation to clinicopathological parameters, Ki67, p53 and Bcl-2 protein expression and patient survival...
- VEGF and VEGFR-2 immunohistochemistry in human melanocytic naevi and cutaneous melanomasAlberto M Pisacane
Unit of Pathology, Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment, Strada Provinciale 142 km 3, 95, 10060 Candiolo, Torino, Italy
Melanoma Res 15:39-43. 2005..The role exerted by VEGF/VEGFR-2, however, seems to be independent of the development of a tumour-related capillary network...
- Prognostic importance of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in the uterine sarcomaS Arita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:329-36. 2005..102). In conclusion, VEGF and its receptors are suggested to be involved in progression of uterine sarcoma, but only the p-flt-1 level significantly affected the survival of leiomyosarcoma patients...
- Differential expression of vascular endothelial growth factor implies the limbal origin of pterygiaMatthias Gebhardt
Department of Anatomy, Christian Albrecht University of Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Ophthalmology 112:1023-30. 2005..To study the distribution of isoforms of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptors VEGFR1 and VEGFR2 in pterygia and to compare it with that in healthy conjunctivas...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in the central nervous system in amyotrophic lateral sclerosisAlice Brockington
Academic Neurology Unit and the Academic Unit of Pathology, University of Sheffield, Medical School, Sheffield, U K
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 65:26-36. 2006....
- Immunolocalization of VEGF, VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in lung tissues after acute hemorrhage in ratsNuran Ekerbicer
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, Dekanlik Binasi, Uncubozkoy Mevkii, 45030 Manisa, Turkey
Acta Histochem 110:285-93. 2008..In this study, we aimed to investigate the histo-physiological effects of VEGF, VEGFR-1 (flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/flk-1) in resuscitation with different plasma substitutes on lung tissues after acute hemorrhage in rats...
- Suppression of choroidal neovascularization by vaccination with epitope peptide derived from human VEGF receptor 2 in an animal modelHidenori Takahashi
Department of Ophthalmology, The Institute of Medical Science, School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2143-7. 2008It has been shown that vaccination with peptides derived from human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) induces cytotoxic T lymphocytes (CTLs) with potent cytotoxicity against endothelial cells expressing VEGFR2 in a ..
- VEGFR2+PDGFRbeta+ circulating precursor cells participate in capillary restoration after hyperoxia acute lung injury (HALI)Rosemary Jones
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
J Cell Mol Med 13:3720-9. 2009..We identify a subpopulation of myeloid (CD11b/Mac1(+)) haematopoietic cells co-expressing vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) and platelet derived growth factor receptor beta (PDGFRbeta)...
- Histological and transcriptional study of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in uninvolved skin, acute pinpoint lesions and established psoriasis plaques: an approach of vascular development chronology in psoriasisAudrey Henno
Department of Dermatology, University Hospital of Liege, Belgium
J Dermatol Sci 57:162-9. 2010..Dysregulation of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis could participate in psoriasis pathogenesis. Analysis of nascent psoriasis lesions should help at identifying early vascular anomalies...
- Distinct roles of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1- and receptor-2-mediated signaling in T cell priming and Th17 polarization to lipopolysaccharide-containing allergens in the lungYou Sun Kim
Department of Life Science, Pohang University of Science and Technology, Pohang, Republic of Korea
J Immunol 185:5648-55. 2010..These results suggest that T cell priming to LPS-containing allergens depends on VEGFR-1-mediated signaling, and the subsequent Th17 polarization depends on VEGFR-2 signaling...
- Inhibitory effects of SU5416, a selective vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor, on experimental corneal neovascularizationUgurcan Keskin
Department of Ophthalmology, Fatih University Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Ophthalmic Res 47:13-8. 2012..It selectively inhibits the membrane-bound tyrosine kinase activity of VEGF-2 receptor (Flk-1/KDR) and blocks the intracellular signaling process...
- Circulating levels of VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 in patients with metastatic melanoma treated with chemoimmunotherapy alone or combined with bevacizumabPia P Vihinen
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, University of Turku, Turku University Hospital, Finland
Melanoma Res 21:431-7. 2011..These markers might be useful in selecting patients responsive to antiangiogenic therapy...
- The spatial and temporal expression of VEGF and its receptors 1 and 2 in post-traumatic bone bridge formation of the growth plateEva Fischerauer
Department of Pediatric and Adolescent Surgery, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 34, Graz, Austria
J Mol Histol 42:513-22. 2011....
- Maternal nicotine effects on vascular endothelial growth factor expression and morphometry in rat lungsJiunn Song Jiang
Department of Internal Medicine, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Early Hum Dev 88:525-9. 2012..We evaluated the effects of maternal nicotine exposure on lung VEGF expression and morphometry during the postnatal period in rats...
- Association of inflammatory factors with macular edema in branch retinal vein occlusionHidetaka Noma
Department of Ophthalmology, Yachiyo Medical Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
JAMA Ophthalmol 131:160-5. 2013..To evaluate the association between vitreous fluid levels of inflammatory factors and macular edema in patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)...
- Substantial neuroprotection against K+ deprivation-induced apoptosis in primary cerebellar granule neurons by novel dimer bis(propyl)-cognitin via the activation of VEGFR-2 signaling pathwaySheng Quan Hu
Department of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology, Institute of Modern Chinese Medicine, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Hong Kong, China The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Shenzhen Research Institute, Shenzhen, China
CNS Neurosci Ther 19:764-72. 2013....
- Role of the eNOS-NO system in regulating the antiproteinuric effects of VEGF receptor 2 inhibition in diabetesAndrew Advani
Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 6 151, 61 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON, Canada M5C 2T2
Biomed Res Int 2013:201475. 2013..These observations highlight the pivotal role that the eNOS-NO system plays in regulating the biologic response to VEGF within the glomerulus. ..
- Activation of VEGF/Flk-1-ERK Pathway Induced Blood-Brain Barrier Injury After Microwave ExposureLi Feng Wang
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 27 Taiping Road, Beijing, 100850, China
Mol Neurobiol 52:478-91. 2015..Thus, microwave radiation may induce BBB damage by activating the VEGF/Flk-1-ERK pathway, enhancing Tyr phosphorylation of occludin, while partially inhibiting expression and interaction of occludin with ZO-1...
- Upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors Flt-1 and Flk-1 in rat hippocampus after transient forebrain ischemiaJeong Sun Choi
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Neurotrauma 24:521-31. 2007..These data suggest that VEGF may be involved in the glial response via specific VEGF receptors in the rat hippocampus following transient forebrain ischemia...
- The 230 kDa mature form of KDR/Flk-1 (VEGF receptor-2) activates the PLC-gamma pathway and partially induces mitotic signals in NIH3T3 fibroblastsT Takahashi
Department of Genetics, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Japan
Oncogene 14:2079-89. 1997b>KDR/Flk-1 tyrosine kinase, one of the two receptors for Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) has been shown to generate the major part of mitotic signals in endothelial cells, although the mechanisms are poorly understood...
- Molecular mediators of tumor angiogenesis: enhanced expression and activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor KDR in primary breast cancerA Kranz
Department of Internal Medicine II, Ulm University Medical Center, Germany
Int J Cancer 84:293-8. 1999..the protein expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its specific and functional receptor KDR in human breast tissue...
- Expression of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2/Flk-1 in breast carcinomas: correlation with proliferationLydia Nakopoulou
Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Athens, Greece
Hum Pathol 33:863-70. 2002Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and its receptor Flk-1/KDR play an important role in vascular permeability and tumor angiogenesis...
- [Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in endometrial carcinoma]Haiyan Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Third Hospital, Peking University, Beijing 100083, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 31:391-5. 2002..factor (VEGF) and its receptors, the fms-like tyrosine-1 (flt-1) and kinase insert domain-containing receptor (KDR) in endometrial carcinoma and investigate the functions of VEGF and its receptors for endometrial carcinoma ..
- Anti-vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 (Flk-1/KDR) antibody suppresses contact hypersensitivityHideaki Watanabe
Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287 0900, USA
Exp Dermatol 13:671-81. 2004..Our findings suggest that DC101 could function by reducing inflammatory cell migration and hence IFN-gamma expression during the CHS response...
- Comparison of the prognosis indication of VEGFR-1 and VEGFR-2 and Tie2 receptor expression in breast carcinomaSéverine Meunier-Carpentier
Department of Pathology, Hopital Nord, Universite de la Mediterranee, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille, France
Int J Oncol 26:977-84. 2005..the prognostic value of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptors, VEGFR-1 (Flt-1) and VEGFR-2 (KDR/Flk-1), and Tie2/tek receptor tyrosine kinase in breast carcinoma...
- Reduction of a vascular endothelial growth factor receptor, fetal liver kinase-1, by antisense oligonucleotides induces motor neuron death in rat spinal cord exposed to hypoxiaM Shiote
Department of Neurology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, 700 8558 Okayama, Japan
Neuroscience 132:175-82. 2005..These results suggest that VEGF exerts its protective effect on motor neurons against hypoxia-induced toxicity by the Flk-1 receptor through the PI3-K/Akt and the MEK/ERK signaling pathways...
- Arteriogenic erectile dysfunction alters protein expression within the cavernosal tissue in an animal modelLing De Young
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Sex Med 2:199-206. 2005..Penile arterial insufficiency, frequently found in association with hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes mellitus, pelvic irradiation, trauma, and smoking, is the most common cause of ED...
- Differential effects of selective endothelin type a receptor antagonist on the gene expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in streptozotocin-induced diabetic heartSubrina Jesmin
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:902-6. 2006..ET and its receptor A might have differential regulation on the gene expressions of VEGF and its receptors in early diabetic heart...
- Effects of experimental type 1 diabetes and exercise training on angiogenic gene expression and capillarization in skeletal muscleRiikka Kivela
LIKES Research Center for Sport and Health Sciences, Rautpohjankatu 8a, Jyväskylä FIN 40740, Finland
FASEB J 20:1570-2. 2006..In conclusion, these data illustrate that type 1 diabetes is associated with reduced skeletal muscle capillarization and the dysregulation of complex angiogenesis pathways...
- Non-viral delivery of interleukin-2 and soluble Flk-1 inhibits metastatic and primary tumor growth in renal cell carcinomaJ W Yockman
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Center for Controlled Chemical Delivery, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Gene Ther 14:1399-405. 2007..combination, we developed a plasmid containing the genes for interleukin-2 (IL-2) and soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (msFlk1)...
- PlGF-1 and VEGFR-1 pathway regulation of the external epithelial hemato-ocular barrier. A model for retinal edemaN Miyamoto
INSERM, UMRS 872, Equipe 17, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Ophthalmic Res 40:203-7. 2008..VEGF-E, that is a pure agonist of VEGFR-2, does not induce any acute effect on the RPE barrier. These results demonstrate that PlGF-1 can reproduce alterations of the RPE barrier occurring during diabetic retinopathy...
- Astrocyte responses to injury: VEGF simultaneously modulates cell death and proliferationNicole Schmid-Brunclik
Institute of Veterinary Physiology, Vetsuisse Faculty, Univ of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, Zurich CH 8057, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 295:R864-73. 2008..These data suggest Hif-1 only partially contributes to VEGF-mediated astrocyte responses during chronic injury (as occurs in clinical hypoxic/ischemic insults) that may ultimately be responsible for disrupting BBB integrity...
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor, receptor KDR and p53 protein in transitional cell carcinoma of the bladderLucheng Liu
Department of Urology, The Second Hospital of Jilin University, Jilin University, Changchun, China
Urol Int 81:72-6. 2008To evaluate the expression profile of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), kinase-insert-domain-containing receptor (KDR) and p53 in patients from Northeastern China with transitional cell carcinoma (TCC) of bladder.
- Cytokine levels correlate with immune cell infiltration after anti-VEGF therapy in preclinical mouse models of breast cancerChristina L Roland
Division of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7669. 2009..In addition, we found that changes in serum IL-1beta and IL-6 levels correlated with response to therapy, identifying two possible biomarkers for assessing the effectiveness of anti-VEGF therapy in breast cancer patients...
- [Effects of Radix Ginseng and Radix Notoginseng formula on expressions of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 and hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha in ischemic myocardium of rats with acute myocardial infarction]Xue jun Du
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100091, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 8:548-53. 2010....
- The role of estrogen receptors, erbB receptors, vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors, and vascular endothelial growth inhibitor in the development of the rat mammary glandHakan Sagsoz
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Dicle University, 21280, Diyarbakir, Turkey
Growth Factors 28:379-93. 2010..erbB-3, erbB-4), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), VEGF receptors [VEGFRs: VEGF-R1 (flt-1), VEGF-R2 (flk-1/KDR), VEGF-R3 (flt-4)], vascular endothelial growth inhibitor (VEGI), and estrogen receptor (ER), and determined ..
- Ultrasound molecular imaging of VEGFR2 in a rat prostate tumor model using BR55Isabelle Tardy
Preclinical Ultrasound Department, Bracco Research SA, Geneva, Switzerland
Invest Radiol 45:573-8. 2010..To evaluate BR55, a new VEGFR2-specific ultrasound contrast agent, for imaging prostate tumors in an orthotopic model in the rat...
- Blockade of VEGFR1 and 2 suppresses pathological angiogenesis and vascular leakage in the eyeHu Huang
Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e21411. 2011..This study evaluates the effects of blocking VEGFR1 and 2 on pathological angiogenesis and vascular leakage in ischemic retinopathy in a model of ROP and in choroidal neovascularization (CNV) in a model of AMD...
- Dietary α-linolenic acid-rich formula reduces adhesion molecules in rats with experimental colitisAyman Ibrahim
Medicine University, Institute of Biomedical Research, Rouen, France
Nutrition 28:799-802. 2012..Therefore, we evaluated whether dietary ALA would decrease the expression of adhesion molecules by inducing the protective enzyme heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1) in a rat colitis model...
- Hypoxic preconditioning induces an AT2-R/VEGFR-2(Flk-1) interaction in the neonatal brain microvasculature for neuroprotectionF López-Aguilera
Instituto de Embriología e Histología IHEM CONICET, Catedra de Fisiopatologia, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cuyo, 5500 Mendoza, Argentina
Neuroscience 216:1-9. 2012..In conclusion these results suggest an interaction of the AT2-R with VEGFR2 in the neonatal brain microvasculature that produces protective effects which are associated with injury tolerance...
- Brucine, an indole alkaloid from Strychnos nux-vomica attenuates VEGF-induced angiogenesis via inhibiting VEGFR2 signaling pathway in vitro and in vivoSarita Saraswati
Genome Research Laboratory, Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, Pushp Vihar Sec 3, MB Road, New Delhi 110 017, India
Cancer Lett 332:83-93. 2013..Taken together, our study suggests that brucine potently suppresses angiogenesis by targeting VEGFR2 activation and may be a viable drug candidate in anti-angiogenesis and anti-cancer therapies...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor and vascular endothelial growth factor are targets of dietary soy during acute stroke in female ratsYulin Ma
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
Endocrinology 154:1589-97. 2013..These data suggest that soy isoflavones target events early in the ischemic cascade as part of their neuroprotective actions and counterbalance some of the detrimental effects of the endogenous response to cerebral injury...
- A selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor suppresses the growth of endometriosis with an antiangiogenic effect in a rat modelDaniel Escorsim Machado
Programa de Pesquisa em Biologia Celular e do Desenvolvimento, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Cidade Universitária Ilha do Fundão, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Fertil Steril 93:2674-9. 2010..To analyze the antiangiogenic effects of the selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor parecoxib on the growth of endometrial implants in a rat model of peritoneal endometriosis...
- Lipocortin V may function as a signaling protein for vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2/Flk-1Y Wen
Membrane Biology Laboratory, Department of Medicine, West, Los Angeles VA Medical Center and UCLA, Los Angeles, California, 90073, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 258:713-21. 1999Binding of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) to its receptor, VEGFR-2 (Flk-1/KDR), induces dimerization and activation of the tyrosine kinase domain of the receptor, resulting in autophosphorylation of cytoplasmic tyrosine ..
- KDR activation in astrocytic neoplasmsR S Carroll
Neurosurgical Laboratories, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer 86:1335-41. 1999..VEGF is expressed in glioma cells and its receptors (Flt-1 and KDR) are expressed in the same gliomas...
- Regulation of VEGF and VEGF receptor expression in the rodent mammary gland during pregnancy, lactation, and involutionM S Pepper
Department of Morphology, University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Dev Dyn 218:507-24. 2000..These results point to a causal role for the VEGF ligand-receptor pairs in pregnancy-associated angiogenesis in the mammary gland, and suggest that they may also regulate vascular permeability during lactation...
- Renal ischemia-reperfusion increases endothelial VEGFR-2 without increasing VEGF or VEGFR-1 expressionJohn Kanellis
Department of Nephrology, Austin and Repatriation Medical Center, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
Kidney Int 61:1696-706. 2002..In this study we assess whether altered VEGF receptor expression compensates for the lack of VEGF regulation during renal ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- rAAV-mediated long-term liver-generated expression of an angiogenesis inhibitor can restrict renal tumor growth in miceAndrew M Davidoff
Department of Surgery, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Cancer Res 62:3077-83. 2002..These findings establish the feasibility of using rAAV vectors in antiangiogenic gene therapy...
- Differential gene expression of vascular endothelial growth factor isoforms and their receptors in the development of the rat masseter muscleH Ishii
Department of Oral Physiology, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Tobetsu, Hokkaido 061 0293, Japan
Arch Oral Biol 47:505-10. 2002..VEGF receptors (Fms-like tyrosine kinase (Flt-1) and kinase insert domain-containing receptor/fetal liver kinase-1 (KDR/Flk-1)) were studied in rat masseter...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 activation induces vascular permeability in hyperstimulated rats, and this effect is prevented by receptor blockadeRaul Gomez
Fundación IVI para el Estudio de la Reproducción, Valencia, Spain
Endocrinology 143:4339-48. 2002..These results show that the ovary is the main source of VEGF(120) and VEGF(164), which act through the VEGF receptor-2 to increase VP, and provide new insights into the prevention of OHSS...
- KLF5/BTEB2, a Krüppel-like zinc-finger type transcription factor, mediates both smooth muscle cell activation and cardiac hypertrophyRyozo Nagai
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 538:57-65; discussion 66. 2003..These results indicate that KLF5/BTEB2 is an essential transcription factor that causes not only smooth muscle phenotypic modulation but also cardiac hypertrophy and fibrosis...
- VEGF links hippocampal activity with neurogenesis, learning and memoryLei Cao
Department of Neurological Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Genet 36:827-35. 2004..Expression of a dominant-negative mutant KDR inhibited basal neurogenesis and impaired learning...
- Stretch induces upregulation of key tyrosine kinase receptors in microvascular endothelial cellsWei Zheng
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology, 1 402, Bowen Science Bldg, Univ of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2739-45. 2004..These in vitro findings support the concept that stretch of cardiac myocytes and EC plays a key role in coronary angiogenesis...
- Inhibition of retinal and choroidal neovascularization by a novel KDR kinase inhibitorFumi Kinose
Department of Ophthalmics Research, Merck and Co, West Point, PA 19486, USA
Mol Vis 11:366-73. 2005..Here we describe the assessment of a KDR (VEGFR2) kinase inhibitor in two well-established models of ocular neovascularization following oral administration.
- [Angiogenesis and regulatory factors in rats with BPH induced by testosterone]Ji chun Shao
Department of Urology, Affiliated Hospital of Chengdu University of TCM, Chengdu, Sichuan 610072, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 11:413-8. 2005..To study angiogenesis and regulatory factors in the proliferated prostatic tissues of Sprague Dawley (SD) rats with BPH induced by testosterone...
- Increased vascular endothelial growth factor expression but impaired vascular endothelial growth factor receptor signaling in the myocardium of type 2 diabetic patients with chronic coronary heart diseaseFerdinando Carlo Sasso
Department of Geriatrics and Metabolic Disease, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:827-34. 2005..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the expression and the activity of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the hearts of diabetic patients with chronic coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor stimulates neurite outgrowth from cerebral cortical neurons via Rho kinase signalingKunlin Jin
Buck Institute for Age Research, Novato, California 94945, USA
J Neurobiol 66:236-42. 2006..We conclude that VEGF promotes neurite outgrowth from cerebral cortical neurons by interacting with VEGFR2 and activating Rho/ROK signaling pathways...
- Cigarette smoke disrupts VEGF165-VEGFR-2 receptor signaling complex in rat lungs and patients with COPD: morphological impact of VEGFR-2 inhibitionJohn A Marwick
Department of Environmental Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center, Box 850, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 290:L897-908. 2006..VEGF(165) signaling through VEGF receptor (VEGFR)-2/kinase insert domain receptor (KDR) is a highly regulated process involving the formation of a tertiary complex with glypican (GYP)-1 and neuropilin (..
- Phosphorylated KDR expression in endometrial cancer cells relates to HIF1alpha/VEGF pathway and unfavourable prognosisAlexandra Giatromanolaki
Department of Pathology, Democritus University of Thrace Medical School, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Mod Pathol 19:701-7. 2006..for many malignant neoplasms exerting its function through activation of specific membrane receptors, that is, KDR/flk-1, residing in endothelial cells...
- VEGF receptor signalling - in control of vascular functionAnna Karin Olsson
Department of Genetics and Pathology, Rudbeck Laboratory, Dag Hammarskjöldv 20, 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 7:359-71. 2006..Recent insights have shed light onto VEGFR signal transduction and the interplay between different VEGFRs and VEGF co-receptors in development, adult physiology and disease...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and kinase domain region receptor are involved in both seminiferous cord formation and vascular development during testis morphogenesis in the ratRebecca C Bott
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, Nebraska 68583 0908, USA
Biol Reprod 75:56-67. 2006..Our hypothesis is that VEGFA and its receptor KDR are necessary for both testicular cord formation and neovascularization...
- Immunolocalizations of VEGF, its receptors flt-1, KDR and TGF-beta's in epithelial ovarian tumorsS Inan
Celal Bayar University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Histology and Embryology, Uncubozkoy, Manisa, Turkey
Histol Histopathol 21:1055-64. 2006..we aimed to evaluate the immunolocalizations of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), its receptors flt-1, KDR/flk-1, and transforming growth factor-beta's (TGF-beta) in epithelial ovarian tumors, utilizing indirect ..
- Peripheral blood CD34+KDR+ endothelial progenitor cells are determinants of subclinical atherosclerosis in a middle-aged general populationGian Paolo Fadini
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy
Stroke 37:2277-82. 2006..With this background, we evaluated whether variations in the number of EPCs are associated with subclinical atherosclerosis in healthy subjects...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor downregulates vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) expression and inhibits VEGF-VEGF receptor 2 binding in diabetic retinopathySarah X Zhang
Department of Medicine, Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 941 Stanton L Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 37:1-12. 2006..The decrease in PEDF levels in the retina is at least partially responsible for the increase in VEGF expression and subsequent vascular leakage and neovascularization in diabetes...
- In vivo imaging and characterization of hypoxia-induced neovascularization and tumor invasionGina F Lungu
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Optical Imaging Laboratory, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX, USA
Int J Oncol 30:45-54. 2007..Moreover this report validates our hypothesis that a novel noninvasive technology (SPAT) developed in our laboratory is suitable for detection of tumors, hypoxia, and angiogenesis...
- [Pathogenesis of retinal neovascularization in a rat model of oxygen fluctuations-induced retinopathy]Xin Liu
Department of Pediatrics, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 45:7-13. 2007..fluctuations of inhaled oxygen between hypoxia and hyperoxia to investigate the mechanism of the development of retinal neovascularization, the regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and KDR/Flk-1 (VEGFR-2) expression.
- Upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors Flt-1 and Flk-1 following acute spinal cord contusion in ratsJeong Sun Choi
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul 137 701, Korea
J Histochem Cytochem 55:821-30. 2007..These results suggest that VEGF may be involved in the inflammatory response and the astroglial reaction to contusion injuries of the spinal cord via specific VEGF receptors...
- EGFR and VEGFR2 protein expressions in bone metastases of clear cell renal cancerGayane Badalian
Department of Orthopaedics, Semmelweis University, Budapest
Anticancer Res 27:889-94. 2007..The skeletal system is one of the most common metastatic sites of RCC. Unfortunately, there are no data for EGFR and VEGFR2 protein expression in such lesions...
- [Expression of kinase insert domain-containing receptor in prostate adenocarcinoma]An sheng Bai
Department of Urology, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 13:324-6. 2007To investigate the correlation between the expression of the kinase insert domain-containing receptor (KDR) and the histological grade of prostate adenocarcinoma.
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor receptors Flt-1 and Flk-1 in embryonic rat forebrainHa Young Kim
Department of Anatomy, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, 137 701 Seoul, Republic of Korea
Neurosci Lett 425:131-5. 2007..These data suggest that VEGF may contribute to early developmental processes including the proliferation, differentiation and maturation of specific neuronal populations via specific VEGF receptors in the developing rat forebrain...
- Heparin affin regulatory peptide/pleiotrophin negatively affects diverse biological activities in C6 glioma cellsAnastasia Parthymou
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacy, University of Patras, GR 26504 Patras, Greece
Eur J Cell Biol 87:17-29. 2008..Collectively, these data suggest that HARP negatively affects diverse biological activities in C6 glioma cells, mainly due to binding of HARP to VEGF, which may sequester secreted VEGF from signalling through VEGFR2...
- Neurovascular factors in wound healing in the foot skin of type 2 diabetic subjectsSinghan T M Krishnan
Diabetes Centre, Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich, UK
Diabetes Care 30:3058-62. 2007..In this study, we quantified the rate of wound healing in relation to skin neurovascular function and structure following a dorsal foot skin biopsy in type 2 diabetes...
- Age impairs Flk-1 signaling and NO-mediated vasodilation in coronary arteriolesAmanda J LeBlanc
Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Cardiovascular Sciences, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, P O Box 9105, 1 Medical Center Dr, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H2280-8. 2008..SU-1498, an inhibitor of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR, also known as Flk-1), abolished age-related differences in flow-induced vasodilation...
- VEGF and angiogenesis in acute and chronic MOG((35-55)) peptide induced EAEW A Roscoe
Departments of Physiology and Pharmacology, and Diagnostic Imaging, University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada
J Neuroimmunol 209:6-15. 2009....
- VEGF-A/VEGFR-2 signaling leading to cAMP response element-binding protein phosphorylation is a shared pathway underlying the protective effect of preconditioning on neurons and endothelial cellsHsueh Te Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Neurosci 29:4356-68. 2009..We conclude that VEGF-A/VEGFR-2 signaling leading to CREB phosphorylation is the shared pathway underlying the preconditioning-induced protective effect in neurons and vascular endothelial cells in the developing brain...
- Tumor vascular permeability to a nanoprobe correlates to tumor-specific expression levels of angiogenic markersEfstathios Karathanasis
Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5843. 2009..In this study, we demonstrate that non-invasive quantification of the degree of tumor vascular permeability to a nanoprobe correlates with the VEGF and its receptor levels and tumor growth...
- Inhibition of VEGF receptor 2 increased cell death of dentate hilar neurons after traumatic brain injuryCheol Lee
Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Genetics, School of Medicine, USUHS, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Exp Neurol 220:400-3. 2009..Our results suggest that VEGFR2 is involved in mediating death or survival of hilar neurons after injury but delivering additional exogenous VEGF does not provide further protection from TBI-induced death of hilar neurons...
- Phase I clinical trial using peptide vaccine for human vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 in combination with gemcitabine for patients with advanced pancreatic cancerMotoki Miyazawa
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:433-9. 2010b>Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR2) is an essential factor in tumor angiogenesis and in the growth of pancreatic cancer...
- Hind-limb paraparesis in a rat model for neurolathyrism associated with apoptosis and an impaired vascular endothelial growth factor system in the spinal cordKuniko Kusama-Eguchi
Research Unit of Molecular Cell Biology, College of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Chiba 274 8555, Japan
J Comp Neurol 518:928-42. 2010..For the first time, we present a model of the early molecular events that occur during chemically induced spinal cord injury, which can potentially be applied to other neurodegenerative disorders...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 inhibition promotes cell death and limits endothelial cell proliferation in a neonatal rodent model of strokeJanet Shimotake
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco Calif 94143 0663, USA
Stroke 41:343-9. 2010..Vascular endothelial growth factor is upregulated after a hypoxic insult and is involved in neuronal survival, angiogenesis, and neurogenesis during the recovery process...
- Molecular MRI assessment of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 in rat C6 gliomasTing He
Advanced Magnetic Resonance Center, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Cell Mol Med 15:837-49. 2011..Together these results suggest mMRI can be very useful in assessing and characterizing the expression of specific angiogenic markers in vivo and help evaluate angiogenesis associated with tumour progression...
- Role of vasodilator stimulated phosphoprotein in VEGF induced blood-brain barrier permeability in endothelial cell monolayersBrandon Davis
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:423-8. 2010..We also found that VASP at tight junctions was co-localized with ZO-1 in cell-cell contacts. Our findings show that VASP phosphorylation is affected by hypoxia and VEGFR2 inhibition suggesting a role for VASP in BBB permeability...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor signaling implicated in neuroprotective effects of placental growth factor in an in vitro ischemic modelHuan DU
School of Preclinical Medicine, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing, China
Brain Res 1357:1-8. 2010..These data demonstrate that VEGFR-2 signaling may play a role in PlGF-mediated neuroprotection, and that PlGF may be a promising target for therapeutic intervention in ischemic injury...
- VEGF and its receptor-2 involved in neuropathic pain transmission mediated by P2X₂(/)₃ receptor of primary sensory neuronsJiari Lin
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Nanchang University, Jiangxi, PR China
Brain Res Bull 83:284-91. 2010..Anti-rVEGF treatment in CCI rats may alleviate chronic neuropathic pain by decreasing the expressions of VEGFR2 and P2X₂(/)₃ receptors on DRG neurons to inhibit the transmission of neuropathic pain signaling...
- VEGF receptor signaling links inflammation and tumorigenesis in colitis-associated cancerMaximilian J Waldner
Department of Medicine I, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Exp Med 207:2855-68. 2010..Thus, VEGFR-signaling acts as a direct growth factor for tumor cells in CAC, providing a molecular link between inflammation and the development of colon cancer...
- Dexamethasone pre-treatment protects brain against hypoxic-ischemic injury partially through up-regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor A in neonatal ratsY Feng
Division of Newborn Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 North State Street, Jackson, MS 39216 4505, USA
Neuroscience 179:223-32. 2011..After 24 h at PD 7, all rat pups had HI as described earlier. To quantify the effects of a VEGFR 2 blocker, at 24 h after Dex/Veh treatment (PD7), SU5416, a VEGFR 2 inhibitor or vehicle was injected ..
- Induction of angiogenesis and modulation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2 by simvastatin after traumatic brain injuryHongtao Wu
Department of Neurosurgery, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Neurosurgery 68:1363-71; discussion 1371. 2011..Our previous studies demonstrated that simvastatin reduced neuronal death, increased neurogenesis, and promoted functional recovery after traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Matrix metalloproteinase activity causes VEGFR-2 cleavage and microvascular rarefaction in rat mesenteryEdward D Tran
Department of Bioengineering, The Whitaker Institute for Biomedical Engineering, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0412, USA
Microcirculation 18:228-37. 2011..laboratory suggests that matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) may play a role by cleavage of the vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2 (VEGFR-2)...
- Spinal vascular endothelial growth factor induces phrenic motor facilitation via extracellular signal-regulated kinase and Akt signalingErica A Dale-Nagle
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Neurosci 31:7682-90. 2011..This is the first report that VEGFA-165 elicits plasticity in any motor system. Furthermore, because VEGFA-165 expression is hypoxia sensitive, it may play a role in respiratory plasticity after prolonged exposures to low oxygen...
- A novel endothelial tyrosine kinase cDNA homologous to platelet-derived growth factor receptor cDNAR Sarzani
Istituto di Patologia Medica, University of Ancona, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 186:706-14. 1992..1 kb mRNA with a distinctive tissue distribution. In situ hybridization on rat tissues and Northern analysis of cultured cells indicate that endothelial cells express a novel putative TKr-III mRNA...
- Atheroprotection with Anti-angiogenic DNA VaccinesRAMONA PETROVAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Achievement of this proposal's objectives should lead to the development of highly efficient anti-atherosclerotic therapies that will greatly improve future treatment choices for atherosclerosis. ..
- REACTIVE ASTROGLIA--INFLUENCES ON CNS GRAFTS AND WOUNDSJANETTE KRUM; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- MAMMARY TUMOR CHEMOPREVENTION BY ANGIOGENIC INHIBITORSSue Heffelfinger; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this study presents a non-hormonal approach to the problem of chemoprophylaxis in high-risk women. ..