Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Irf4
Description: interferon regulatory factor 4
Alias: interferon regulatory factor 4
- Deregulation of MUM1/IRF4 by chromosomal translocation in multiple myelomaS Iida
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nat Genet 17:226-30. 1997..The translocation juxtaposes the immunoglobulin heavy-chain (IgH) locus to MUM1 (multiple myeloma oncogene 1)/IRF4 gene, a member of the interferon regulatory factor (IRF) family known to be active in the control of B-cell ..
- MUM1/IRF4 expression is an unfavorable prognostic factor in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL)/small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL)Masato Ito
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya City University Medical School, Mizuho ku, Nagoya 467 8601
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:685-94. 2002..The biological role and mechanism of action of MUM1 in B-CLL / SLL need to be clarified for the development of therapies for patients with the poor prognostic subtype...
- Expression of MUM1/IRF4 correlates with clinical outcome in patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemiaChung Che Chang
Department of Pathology, Division of Hematology Oncology, and Division of Biostatistics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Blood 100:4671-5. 2002In this study, we evaluated the prognostic significance of multiple myeloma-1/interferon regulatory factor-4 (MUM1/IRF4) expression in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL)...
- An intronic polymorphism of IRF4 gene influences gene transcription in vitro and shows a risk association with childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia in malesThuy N Do
Genomic Immunoepidemiology Laboratory, HUMIGEN LLC, The Institute for Genetic Immunology, 2439 Kuser Road, Hamilton, NJ 08690 3303, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1802:292-300. 2010..b>IRF4 is involved in the differentiation of B and T cells and is overexpressed in B-cell malignancies as a result of c-..
- Cooperation between deficiencies of IRF-4 and IRF-8 promotes both myeloid and lymphoid tumorigenesisSeung Hee Jo
Rosenstiel Basic Medical Sciences Research Center and Department of Biology, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, USA
Blood 116:2759-67. 2010b>Interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF-4) plays important functions in B- and T-cell development and immune response regulation and was originally identified as the product of a proto-oncogene involved in chromosomal translocations in ..
- Detection of MUM1/IRF4-IgH fusion in multiple myelomaS Yoshida
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Leukemia 13:1812-6. 1999MUM1 (multiple myeloma oncogene 1)/IRF4 (interferon regulatory factor 4) gene has been identified as an oncogene transcriptionally activated by t(6;14)(p25;q32) chromosomal translocation in multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Expression of interleukin-9 and its upstream stimulating factors in rats with ischemic strokeYinyao Lin
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, NO 600 TianHe Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Neurol Sci 36:913-20. 2015..Comparing with sham-operated group, the levels of IL-4, TGF-β, PU.1, IRF4, OX40, NIK, RelB-p52 and IL-9 in experimental groups were significantly higher after middle cerebral artery ..
- Dual mechanisms by which miR-125b represses IRF4 to induce myeloid and B-cell leukemiasAlex Yick Lun So
Department of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA
Blood 124:1502-12. 2014..and genetic analyses, we demonstrated that miR-125b induces myeloid and B-cell leukemia by inhibiting interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) but through distinct mechanisms; it induces myeloid leukemia through repressing IRF4 at the ..
- A key role for interferon regulatory factors in mediating early-life metabolic defects in male offspring of maternal protein restricted ratsM F P Silvestre
Centre for Diabetes, Bart s and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, London, UK
Horm Metab Res 46:252-8. 2014..Recent studies have demonstrated that interferon regulatory factors 3 (IRF3) and 4 (IRF4) function to repress adipogenesis...
- Implication of IRF4 aberrant gene expression in the acute leukemias of childhoodMaria Adamaki
Pediatric Hematology Oncology Unit, First Department of Pediatrics, University of Athens, Aghia Sofia Children s Hospital, Athens, Greece
PLoS ONE 8:e72326. 2013..The Interferon Regulatory Factor 4 (IRF4) gene encodes a transcription factor important for key developmental stages of hematopoiesis, ..
- A role for IRF4 in the development of CLLVipul Shukla
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE and
Blood 122:2848-55. 2013b>Interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) is a critical transcriptional regulator of B-cell development and function...
- Accelerated development of chronic lymphocytic leukemia in New Zealand Black mice expressing a low level of interferon regulatory factor 4Shibin Ma
From the Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198
J Biol Chem 288:26430-40. 2013A recent genome-wide SNP association study identified IRF4 as a major susceptibility gene for chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). Moreover, the SNPs located in the 3' UTR of the IRF4 gene have been linked to a down-regulation of IRF4...
- Nuclear protein dysregulation in lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma/waldenstrom macroglobulinemiaMark J Roberts
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 139:210-9. 2013..In this study, the expression patterns of PAX5/BSAP, MUM1/IRF4, and PRDM1/BLIMP1 were analyzed in plasma cells and lymphocytes in 29 cases of newly diagnosed LPL/WM by double ..
- IRF4 is a suppressor of c-Myc induced B cell leukemiaSimanta Pathak
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22628. 2011b>Interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) is a critical transcriptional regulator in B cell development and function...
- IRF4 mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukemiaViolaine Havelange
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 118:2827-9. 2011b>Interferon regulatory factor 4 (IRF4) is a member of the interferon regulatory factor family of transcription factors and has been shown to have critical functions at several stages of B-cell development...
- Fine-scale mapping of the 6p25.3 chronic lymphocytic leukaemia susceptibility locusDalemari Crowther-Swanepoel
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5NG, UK
Hum Mol Genet 19:1840-5. 2010..the association signal to a 18 kb DNA segment within the 3'-untranslated region (UTR) of the IRF4 (interferon regulatory factor 4) gene...
- Recurrent translocations involving the IRF4 oncogene locus in peripheral T-cell lymphomasA L Feldman
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Leukemia 23:574-80. 2009..we identified recurrent translocations involving the multiple myeloma oncogene-1/interferon regulatory factor-4 (IRF4) locus in PTCLs...
- Expression of MUM1/IRF4 mRNA as a prognostic marker in patients with multiple myelomaD Heintel
Leukemia 22:441-5. 2008
- MUM1 expression dichotomises follicular lymphoma into predominantly, MUM1-negative low-grade and MUM1-positive high-grade subtypesKikkeri N Naresh
Haematologica 92:267-8. 2007We investigated the expression of MUM1 (multiple myeloma oncogene 1)/IRF4 (interferon regulatory factor 4) in 46 cases of follicular lymphoma (FL) and correlated this with grade and expression of CD10, Bcl-6 and Ki-67...
- Lenalidomide downregulates the cell survival factor, interferon regulatory factor-4, providing a potential mechanistic link for predicting responseAntonia Lopez-Girona
Translational Development Department, Celgene, San Diego, CA 92122, USA
Br J Haematol 154:325-36. 2011Overexpression of the transcription factor interferon regulatory factor-4 (IRF4), which is common in multiple myeloma (MM), is associated with poor prognosis...
- Genetic susceptibility for chronic lymphocytic leukemia among Chinese in Hong KongQing Lan
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 7240, USA
Eur J Haematol 85:492-5. 2010..The rs872071 variant (Odds Ratio (95% Confidence Interval) = 1.78 (1.25-2.53), P = 0.0013) in the IRF4 gene region showed the strongest association, similar to that reported in the UK study...
- Role of interferon regulatory factor 4 in the regulation of pathological cardiac hypertrophyDing Sheng Jiang
Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati, 231 Albert Sabin Way, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0575, USA
Hypertension 61:1193-202. 2013b>IRF4, a member of the interferon regulatory factor (IRF) family, was previously shown to be restricted in the immune system and involved in the differentiation of immune cells...
- Expression of the bcl-6 and MUM1/IRF4 proteins correlate with overall and disease-specific survival in patients with primary cutaneous large B-cell lymphoma: a tissue microarray studyUma Sundram
Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 32:227-34. 2005..Initial microarray studies of these lymphomas have implicated several genes as important predictors of outcome. In this study, we used a tissue microarray (TMA) to characterize primary cutaneous large B-cell lymphomas (PCLBCL)...