Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Il6
Description: interleukin 6
Alias: ILg6, Ifnb2, interleukin-6, IL-6, Interleukin 6 (interferon, beta 2)
Publications157 found, 100 shown here
- Induction and regulation of interleukin-6 gene expression in rat astrocytesE N Benveniste
Department of Neurology, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294
J Neuroimmunol 30:201-12. 1990..IL-6 may act to promote terminal differentiation of B cells in the CNS, leading to immunoglobulin synthesis...
- Elevated interleukin-6 plasma levels are regulated by the promoter region polymorphism of the IL6 gene in primary Sjögren's syndrome and correlate with the clinical manifestations of the diseaseJ Hulkkonen
Institute of Medical Technology, University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:656-61. 2001To determine whether plasma interleukin-6 (IL-6) and G/C base exchange polymorphism at position -174 of the IL6 gene have an effect on the clinical manifestations of primary Sjögren's syndrome (pSS).
- Interleukin-6 regulates pancreatic alpha-cell mass expansionHelga Ellingsgaard
Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes and Center for Integrated Human Physiology, University Hospital of Zurich, 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13163-8. 2008....
- Neuroprotection of interleukin-6 against NMDA attack and its signal transduction by JAK and MAPKXiao Qin Wang
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Nantong University, 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong 226001, China
Neurosci Lett 450:122-6. 2009..These findings suggest that IL-6 protects neurons from NMDA-induced excitoxicity and the IL-6 neuroprotection may be transduced by both JAK/STAT3 and RAS/MAPK pathways...
- Bilateral changes in IL-6 protein, but not in its receptor gp130, in rat dorsal root ganglia following sciatic nerve ligatureVaclav Brazda
Department of Anatomy, Division of Neuroanatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, 62500 Brno, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:1053-62. 2009..The data provide evidence for changes in IL-6 levels not only in the DRG associated with the damaged nerve but also in those unassociated with nerve injury during the experimental neuropathic pain model...
- Expression of IL-1alpha, IL-6, TGF-beta, FasL and ZNF265 during sertoli cell infection by ureaplasma urealyticumRongping Li
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Department of Immunology, Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Shanghai 200025, China
Cell Mol Immunol 6:215-21. 2009..The trend of varied expression of ZNF265 was similar to those of TGF-beta and FasL in vitro and in vivo for Sertoli cells infected with UU...
- Satellite glial cells express IL-6 and corresponding signal-transducing receptors in the dorsal root ganglia of rat neuropathic pain modelPetr Dubovy
Department of Anatomy, Division of Neuroanatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Neuron Glia Biol 6:73-83. 2010..The results may suggest that unilateral CCI of the sciatic nerve induces bilateral activation of SGC in L4-L5 DRG to transduce IL-6 signalling during neuroinflammation...
- Neuroprotection of interleukin-6 against NMDA-induced apoptosis and its signal-transduction mechanismsZhan Liu
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Nantong University, 19 Qixiu Road, Nantong, China
Neurotox Res 19:484-95. 2011..These results suggest that IL-6 protects neurons against NMDA-induced apoptosis, and that the IL-6 neuroprotection is jointly mediated by JAK-STAT3 and PI3K-Akt signaling pathways...
- Habitual physical exercise improves macrophage IL-6 and TNF-α deregulated release in the obese zucker rat model of the metabolic syndromeLeticia Martín-Cordero
Departamento de Fisiologia, Grupo de Investigación de Inmunofisiología, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Extremadura, Badajoz, Espana
Neuroimmunomodulation 18:123-30. 2011..The second purpose was to evaluate in the obese rats the effects of habitual exercise and of a bout of acute exercise on the observed MS-associated deregulation in the release of TNF-α and IL-6 by peritoneal macrophages...
- IL-6/IL-6 receptor system and its role in physiological and pathological conditionsMasahiko Mihara
Fuji Gotemba Research Laboratories, Product Research Department, Chugai Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Gotemba, Japan
Clin Sci (Lond) 122:143-59. 2012..In the present review, we first summarize the IL-6/IL-6R system and IL-6 signal transduction, and then go on to discuss the physiological and pathological roles of IL-6...
- Loss of occludin expression and impairment of blood-testis barrier permeability in rats with autoimmune orchitis: effect of interleukin 6 on Sertoli cell tight junctionsCecilia Valeria Pérez
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Biol Reprod 87:122. 2012..The role of IL6 as modulator of tight junction dynamics was also evaluated because intratesticular content of this cytokine is ..
- Bilateral elevation of interleukin-6 protein and mRNA in both lumbar and cervical dorsal root ganglia following unilateral chronic compression injury of the sciatic nervePetr Dubovy
Central European Institute of Technology CEITEC, Masaryk University, Kamenice 3, Brno, 62500, Czech Republic
J Neuroinflammation 10:55. 2013..Current research implicates interleukin (IL)-6 as a key component of the nervous-system response to injury with various effects...
- Interleukin 6 and its soluble receptor are elevated in aqueous humor of patients with uveitisJ Petrinović-Doresić
General Hospital Sveti Duh Department of Ophthalmology
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 7:75-84. 1999To determine the levels of interleukin 6 (IL-6) and its soluble receptor (sIL-6R) in the aqueous humor (AH) of patients with different uveitis entities.
- Altered cytokine balance in the tear fluid and conjunctiva of patients with Sjögren's syndrome keratoconjunctivitis siccaS C Pflugfelder
Ocular Surface and Tear Center Bascom Palmer Eye Institute University of Miami School of Medicine Department of Ophthalmology Miami, FL 33136, USA
Curr Eye Res 19:201-11. 1999..To compare epidermal growth factor (EGF) concentration in tear fluid and levels of inflammatory cytokines in the conjunctival epithelium of patients with Sjögren's syndrome keratoconjunctivitis sicca with those of normal controls...
- Neuroprotective effect of interleukin-6 and IL6/IL6R chimera in the quinolinic acid rat model of Huntington's syndromeJ C Bensadoun
Division of Surgical Research and Gene Therapy Center, Lausanne Medical School, Pavillon 4, CHUV, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 14:1753-61. 2001..Interleukin-6, another member of the cytokine family, and the chimeric molecule (IL6/IL6R) in which interleukin-6 and its soluble receptor are fused, have been shown to exert trophic action on various ..
- [Serum levels of interleukin 6 (IL-6) and soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) in children and adolescents with Graves-Basedow disease]A Bossowski
Klinika Chorób Dzieci AM, Ul Waszyngtona 17, 15 274 Białystok
Endokrynol Diabetol Chor Przemiany Materii Wieku Rozw 5:85-93. 1999The concentration of interleukin 6 (IL-6), soluble IL-6 receptor (sIL-6R) and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1) was assayed in 24 children with Graves' disease, aged 6...
- Oxidative stress stimulates IL-4 and IL-6 production in mast cells by an APE/Ref-1-dependent pathwayBarbara Frossi
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Biomediche, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, Udine, Italy
Eur J Immunol 33:2168-77. 2003..Nonetheless, H(2)O(2) and FcepsilonRI signalings are additive in augmenting IL-4 production. Most importantly, oxidative stress can induce a pro-type 2 inflammatory response from mast cells that is independent of FcepsilonRI stimulation...
- Inhibition of sarcoplasmic reticular function by chronic interleukin-6 exposure via iNOS in adult ventricular myocytesXin Wen Yu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 West Markham Street, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
J Physiol 566:327-40. 2005..Thus, these results suggest that activation of iNOS mediates IL-6-induced inhibition of SR function in ARVM during chronic exposure...
- Intestinal inflammation-induced growth retardation acts through IL-6 in rats and depends on the -174 IL-6 G/C polymorphism in childrenAndrew Sawczenko
Research Centre for Gastroenterology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, University of London, London E1 2AD, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:13260-5. 2005..028). However, their risk of developing Crohn's disease was similar to other genotypes when compared with 351 healthy controls (P = 0.7). Thus, the IL-6 -174 genotype mediates growth failure in children with Crohn's disease...
- The interleukin-6 gene -174G>C and -572G>C promoter polymorphisms are related to cerebral aneurysmsL Morgan
The Victor Horsley Department of Neurosurgery, The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG, UK
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 77:915-7. 2006..The hypothesis that there is an association of the proinflammatory cytokine interleukin-6 (IL-6) genotypes (-572G>C and -174G>C) with intracranial aneurysms was tested...
- Immunoglobulin preparations attenuate organ dysfunction and hemostatic abnormality by suppressing the production of cytokines in lipopolysaccharide-induced disseminated intravascular coagulation in ratsHidesaku Asakura
Department of Internal Medicine III, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
Crit Care Med 34:2421-5. 2006..We attempted to clarify the effect of immunoglobulin concentrates on the rat lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) model...
- No interplay between the pathways mediating coagulation and inflammation in tissue factor-induced disseminated intravascular coagulation in ratsYasuo Ontachi
Department of Internal Medicine III, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Japan
Crit Care Med 34:2646-50. 2006....
- [The assessment of the correlation between vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), tumor necrosis factor (TNF-alpha), interleukin 6 (IL-6), glycaemic control (HbA1c) and the development of the diabetic retinopathy in children with diabetes mellitus typMałgorzata Myśliwiec
Kliniki Pediatrii, Hematologii, Onkologii i Endokrynologii Akademii Medycznej w Gdańsku
Klin Oczna 109:150-4. 2007....
- The proinflammatory cytokine tumor necrosis factor-alpha increases the amount of glucose transporter-4 at the surface of muscle cells independently of changes in interleukin-6Nerea Roher
Departament de Fisiologia, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Endocrinology 149:1880-9. 2008....
- The role of IL-6 and IL-11 in hyperoxic injury in developing lungAnne Chetty
Department of Pediatrics, Floating Hospital for Children, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:297-304. 2008..IL-11 and IL-6 provide protective effects against oxidant-mediated injury in fetal type II cells and IL-11 provides protection in vivo by down-regulation of caspase-mediated cell death...
- Combination therapy with renin-angiotensin system inhibitors and the calcium channel blocker azelnidipine decreases plasma inflammatory markers and urinary oxidative stress markers in patients with diabetic nephropathySusumu Ogawa
Division of Nephrology, Endocrinology and Vascular Medicine, Tohoku University Hospital, Aoba ku, Sendai, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1147-55. 2008....
- Low-dose warfarin functions as an immunomodulator to prevent cyclophosphamide-induced NOD diabetesMidori Kurohara
Department of Internal and Geriatric Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 54:E1-13. 2008..In conclusion, low-dose warfarin is a potential immunomodulator which can prevent autoimmune diabetes...
- Increased levels of proinflammatory cytokines in the aged rat brain attenuate injury-induced cytokine response after excitotoxic damageO Campuzano
Medical Histology, Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, Institute of Neurosciences, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
J Neurosci Res 87:2484-97. 2009..This study highlights the particular inflammatory response of the aged brain and suggests an important role of increased basal levels of proinflammatory cytokines in the reduced ability to induce their expression after damage...
- IL-6-trans-signalling increases rapid-eye-movement sleep in ratsUlrike May
Biochemisches Institut, Christian Albrechts Universitat zu Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 613:141-5. 2009b>Interleukin 6 (IL-6), a cytokine of the gp130-signalling-family, plays an important role in immediate immunological functions, in metabolism and in the central nervous system...
- Functional implication of BAFF synthesis and release in gangliosides-stimulated microgliaKwang Soo Kim
Department of Pharmacology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
J Leukoc Biol 86:349-59. 2009..These findings imply that BAFF secreted by microglia may play important roles in CNS inflammation by regulating microglia as well as infiltrated B cells...
- Brief, low frequency stimulation of rat peripheral C-fibres evokes prolonged microglial-induced central sensitization in adults but not in neonatesGareth J Hathway
UCL Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Pain 144:110-8. 2009..These results demonstrate that a brief period of low frequency C-fibre stimulation, in the absence of nerve damage, is sufficient to activate microglia resulting in behavioural hyperalgesia...
- A new regulation of IL-6 production in adult cardiomyocytes by beta-adrenergic and IL-1 beta receptors and induction of cellular hypertrophy by IL-6 trans-signallingNicolas Szabo-Fresnais
INSERM UMR S 769, F 92296, Chatenay Malabry, France
Cell Signal 22:1143-52. 2010..The IL-6 soluble receptor may thus serve as a switch for IL-6 to activate STAT3 phosphorylation and hypertrophy...
- Regulation of IRS-2 signaling by IGF-1 receptor in the diabetic rat heartYoude Jiang
Department of Ophthalmology, Hamilton Eye Institute, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:553-61. 2010....
- Tissue-derived proinflammatory effect of adenosine A2B receptor in lung ischemia-reperfusion injuryFarshad Anvari
Department of Surgery, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 140:871-7. 2010..This study tests the hypothesis that the adenosine A(2B) receptor exacerbates the proinflammatory response to lung ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Elevated maternal soluble Gp130 and IL-6 levels and reduced Gp130 and SOCS-3 expressions in women complicated with preeclampsiaYuping Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, LSUHSC Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130, USA
Hypertension 57:336-42. 2011..Thus, reduced gp130 and SOCS-3 expressions may offer, at least in part, a plausible explanation of reduced antiinflammatory protection in the maternal vascular system in preeclampsia...
- Activation of a pro-survival pathway IL-6/JAK2/STAT3 contributes to glial fibrillary acidic protein induction during the cholera toxin-induced differentiation of C6 malignant glioma cellsMinfeng Shu
Department of Pharmacology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, PR China
Mol Oncol 5:265-72. 2011....
- The social environment and IL-6 in rats and humansKatherine B Saxton
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, United States
Brain Behav Immun 25:1617-25. 2011..Adversity early in life may not have a monotonically negative effect on adult health, but may alter biological sensitivity to later social experiences...
- Excessive food intake, obesity and inflammation process in Zucker fa/fa rat pancreatic isletsMyriam Chentouf
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Formation de Recherche en Evolution 3400, Centre de Pharmacologie et Innovation pour le Diabète, Faculte de Pharmacie, Montpellier, France
PLoS ONE 6:e22954. 2011..That the latter could contribute to β-cell hyperactivity/proliferation and possibly lead to progressive β-cell failure in these animals, deserves further investigations...
- Therapeutic strategies for the clinical blockade of IL-6/gp130 signalingSimon A Jones
Department of Infection, Immunity and Biochemistry, The School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, United Kingdom
J Clin Invest 121:3375-83. 2011..Attention will be given to the role of the soluble IL-6R, and we will provide a perspective into the clinical blockade of IL-6 activity in autoimmunity, inflammation, and cancer...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-6 are correlated with serous retinal detachment in central retinal vein occlusionHidetaka Noma
Department of Ophthalmology, Yachiyo Medical Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Chiba, Japan
Curr Eye Res 37:62-7. 2012..To investigate aqueous humour and vitreous fluid levels of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and interleukin-6 (IL-6) in patients with central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) and serous retinal detachment...
- The roles of aerobic exercise training and suppression IL-6 gene expression by RNA interference in the development of insulin resistanceHui Tang
Department of Physical Education, Hunan University of Science and Technology, Xiangtan, Hunan Province, China
Cytokine 61:394-405. 2013..To demonstrate the hypothesis that aerobic exercise training inhibits the development of insulin resistance through IL-6 and probe into the possible molecular mechanism about it...
- The effect of ischemic precondition to IL-6 on rat liver ischemia-reperfusion injury in transplantationLin Zhong Cui
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, 510000, Guangdong Province, China
Asian Pac J Trop Med 6:395-9. 2013..To investigate the effect of ischemic precondition to protect ischemia-reperfusion injury and reduce IL-6 expression in the rats liver transplantation...
- Interleukin-6 downregulation with mesenchymal stem cell differentiation results in loss of immunoprivilegePeng Li
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China Division of Cardiovascular Surgery and Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network and Department of Surgery, Division of Cardiac Surgery, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Cell Mol Med 17:1136-45. 2013..These findings suggest that rejection of allogeneic MSCs after implantation may be because of a reduction in cellular IL-6 levels, and restoration of IL-6 may be a new target to retain MSC immunoprivilege. ..
- Dynamic expression of the suppressor of cytokine signaling-3 and cytokines in the cerebral basilar artery of rats with subarachnoid hemorrhage, and the effect of acetylcholineJin ning Song
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical School of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 156:941-9; discussion 949. 2014..Therefore, we aimed to describe and clarify the dynamic expression of SOCS-3 and cytokines after SAH, as well as the relationships between the levels of SOCS-3, cytokines, and ACh...
- IL-6 up-regulates the expression of rat LH receptors during granulosa cell differentiationFumiharu Imai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma 371 8511, Japan
Endocrinology 155:1436-44. 2014..These results suggest that IL-6 up-regulates FSH-induced LHR production by increasing mRNA transcription, and JAK/signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 signaling is required for up-regulation by IL-6 in granulosa cells. ..
- Hepatic expression of metallothionein I/II, glycoprotein 96, IL-6, and TGF- β in rat strains with different susceptibilities to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisTanja Grubić-Kezele
Department of Physiology and Immunology, Medical Faculty, University of Rijeka, B Branchetta 22, 51 000 Rijeka, Croatia
Clin Dev Immunol 2013:750406. 2013....
- Severe acute pancreatitis: a possible role of intramyocardial cytokine productionAlberto Meyer
Department of Gastroenterology LIM 37, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
JOP 15:237-42. 2014..The aim was to evaluate local myocardial cytokine production, as well as, functional and histological myocardial alterations in severe acute pancreatitis...
- Tumour necrosis factor, interleukin-6 and interleukin-10 are possibly involved in Plasmodium vivax-associated thrombocytopaenia in southern Pakistani populationAfsheen Raza
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, PO Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Malar J 13:323. 2014..vivax-induced thrombocytopaenia. However, study on correlation of cytokines and thrombocytopaenia in P. vivax, particularly in patients with severe signs and symptoms has not been reported from Pakistan...
- Sporothrix schenckii yeasts induce ERK pathway activation and secretion of IL-6 and TNF-α in rat mast cells, but no degranulationYolanda Romo-Lozano
Departamento de Microbiologia, Centro de Ciencias Basicas, Universidad Autonoma de Aguascalientes, Aguascalientes, Mexico
Med Mycol 52:862-8. 2014..schenckii infection...
- Effects of Nogo-A Silencing on TNF-α and IL-6 Secretion and TH Downregulation in Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated PC12 CellsJianbin Zhong
Neurology Department, People s Hospital of Zengcheng City Boji Hospital Affiliated to Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 511300, China
Biomed Res Int 2015:817914. 2015..Nogo-A silencing might provide new ideas for PD treatment in the future. ..
- TLR2/NFκB signalling regulates endogenous IL-6 release from marrow-derived mesenchymal stromal cells to suppress the apoptosis of PC12 cells injured by oxygen and glucose deprivationXia Shi
Children s Nutrition Research Centre, Children s Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400014, P R China
Mol Med Rep 13:5358-64. 2016..The present study has reported a novel immunomodulatory effect of the microenvironment of neural damage during MSC cytotherapy. ..
- [Changes of alveolar macrophage phagocytosis and TNF-alpha, IL-6 of rats with Pneumocystis pneumonia]Zhi min Lu
Department of Parasitology, Hebei North University, Zhangjiakou 075000, China
Zhongguo Xue Xi Chong Bing Fang Zhi Za Zhi 23:428-30. 2011..To observe the changes of alveolar macrophage (AM) phagocytosis and the levels of TNF-alpha and IL-6 in AM supernatants and bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) of rats with Pneumocystis pneumonia (PCP)...
- Anti-fibrotic activity and enhanced interleukin-6 production by hepatic stellate cells in response to imatinib mesylateYoungchul Kim
Division of Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Liver Int 32:1008-17. 2012..The hepatic stellate cell (HSC) is a key target of anti-fibrotic therapies. Imatinib mesylate is a small molecule receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor indicated for treatment of chronic myelogenous leukaemia and GI stromal tumours...
- Lentiviral vector-mediated down-regulation of IL-17A receptor in hepatic stellate cells results in decreased secretion of IL-6Sheng Chu Zhang
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou 325000, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:3696-704. 2012..To investigate the mechanism of interleukin (IL)-6 secretion through blocking the IL-17A/IL-17A receptor (IL-17RA) signaling pathway with a short hairpin RNA (shRNA) in hepatic stellate cells (HSCs) in vitro...
- Mitigation of isolation-associated adipocyte interleukin-6 secretion following rapid dissociation of adipose tissueAirlia C S Thompson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
J Lipid Res 53:2797-805. 2012....
- Interleukin 6 mediated differentiation and rescue of cell redox in PC12 cells exposed to ionizing radiationK Abeyama
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Japan
FEBS Lett 364:298-300. 1995..Increases in the DNA binding activity of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kappa B) and increased Interleukin 6 (IL-6) mRNA levels were observed at a dose of 15 Gy...
- Differential expression of TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IGF-1 by graded mechanical stress in normal rat myocardiumEmiliano A Palmieri
Department of Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, L Califano Facoltà di Medcina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H926-34. 2002..Such findings may have potential implications with regard to compensatory hypertrophy and failure...
- Changes in urinary bladder cytokine mRNA and protein after cyclophosphamide-induced cystitisSusan E Malley
University of Vermont, College of Medicine, Department of Neurology, Burlington, Vermont 05405, USA
Physiol Genomics 9:5-13. 2002..Increased cytokine expression after CYP-induced cystitis, alone or in combination with other inflammatory mediators or growth factors, may contribute to altered lower urinary tract function after cystitis...
- The role of endotoxin, TNF-alpha, and IL-6 in inducing the state of growth hormone insensitivityPing Wang
Research Institute of General Surgery, Jinling Hospital, 305 Zhong Shan East Road, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:531-6. 2002..The objective of this current study was to investigate the role of endotoxin, TNF-alpha and IL-6 in inducing the growth hormone insensitivity at the receptor and post-receptor levels...
- Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF)/interleukin-6 family cytokines and receptors during in vitro osteogenesis: differential regulation by dexamethasone and LIFF Liu
INSERM U403, Hopital E Herriot, Lyon, France
Bone 31:212-9. 2002....
- Interleukin-6 gene expression is increased in insulin-resistant rat skeletal muscle following insulin stimulationA L Carey
Department of Physiology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville 3010, Vic, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 302:837-40. 2003..It is likely that the differences observed when comparing healthy with insulin resistant muscle are due to the differential activation of insulin sensitive signalling proteins responsible for activating IL-6...
- Principles of interleukin (IL)-6-type cytokine signalling and its regulationPeter C Heinrich
Institut fur Biochemie, RWTH Aachen, Universitatsklinikum, Pauwelsstrasse 30, D 52074 Aachen, Germany
Biochem J 374:1-20. 2003..Also the cross-talk between the JAK/STAT pathway with other signalling cascades is discussed...
- Endotoxin stimulates in vivo expression of inflammatory cytokines tumor necrosis factor alpha, interleukin-1beta, -6, and high-mobility-group protein-1 in skeletal muscleCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Shock 19:538-46. 2003..Collectively these data indicate that skeletal muscle possesses many of the components of the innate immune system, including increases in both early- and late-phase cytokines and the presence of toll-like receptors...
- Hypothalamic interleukin-1 beta and tumor necrosis factor-alpha, but not interleukin-6, mediate the endotoxin-induced suppression of the reproductive axis in ratsHajime Watanobe
Division of Internal Medicine, Clinical Research Center, International University of Health and Welfare, 2600 1 Kitakanemaru, Otawara, Tochigi 324 8501, Japan
Endocrinology 144:4868-75. 2003..These results strongly suggest that IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha may represent the major proinflammatory cytokines mediating the LPS-induced suppression of GnRH and LH release, whereas the role of IL-6 seems to be insignificant...
- Diagnostic role of serum interleukin 6 and CA 19-9 in patients with cholangiocarcinomaPisit Tangkijvanich
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Hepatogastroenterology 51:15-9. 2004..The first marker represents the commonly used serum marker in cholangiocarcinoma and the second marker is a multi-functional cytokine associated with cancer development...
- Interleukin-6: a cytokine to forgetD Balschun
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Magdeburg, Germany
FASEB J 18:1788-90. 2004..In view of the suggested role of LTP in memory formation, these data implicate IL-6 in the mechanisms controlling the kinetics and amount of information storage...
- Mechanism of cardiac depression after trauma-hemorrhage: increased cardiomyocyte IL-6 and effect of sex steroids on IL-6 regulation and cardiac functionShaolong Yang
Center for Surgical Research, The Univ of Alabama at Birmingham, 1670 Univ Blvd, Volker Hall, Rm G094, Birmingham, AL 35294 0019, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2183-91. 2004..Thus there is an inverse correlation between cardiomyocyte IL-6 levels and cardiac function after T-H. The salutary effects of E2 on cardiac function after T-H may be due in part to decreased IL-6 synthesis in cardiomyocytes...
- Interleukin-6, interleukin-8, and soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor-I in the cord blood as predictors of chronic lung disease in premature infantsHiromi An
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1649-54. 2004..In order to predict the late-development of chronic lung disease of prematurity (CLD), cytokines in the cord blood were assessed in this study...
- AG490 prevents cell death after exposure of rat astrocytes to hydrogen peroxide or proinflammatory cytokines: involvement of the Jak2/STAT pathwayRoser Gorina
Departament de Farmacologia i Toxicologia, IIBB CSIC, IDIBAPS, Rossello 161, Planta 6, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Neurochem 92:505-18. 2005....
- Fibre-type specificity of interleukin-6 gene transcription during muscle contraction in rat: association with calcineurin activitySébastien Banzet
Department of Human Factors, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, BP 87, 38702 La Tronche Cedex, France
J Physiol 566:839-47. 2005..Our data clearly suggest that IL-6 gene transcription was mainly observed in early recruited myofibres and that contraction-induced IL-6 transcription could be associated with enhanced calcineurin activity...
- Interleukin-6 in neurons of the pterygopalatine ganglion of the ratI G Charyeva
Department of Morphology, Russian State Medical University, Moscow
Neurosci Behav Physiol 35:465-7. 2005....
- The role of cytokines in mediating effects of prenatal infection on the fetus: implications for schizophreniaH Ashdown
Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Douglas Hospital Research Centre, 6875 LaSalle Boulevard, Verdun, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4H 1R3
Mol Psychiatry 11:47-55. 2006..Collectively, these data suggest that effects of maternal LPS exposure on the developing fetal brain are not mediated by the direct action of LPS, but via indirect actions at the level of the maternal circulation or placenta...
- Depolarization-induced slow Ca2+ transients stimulate transcription of IL-6 gene in skeletal muscle cellsNevenka Juretic
Programa de Biologia Celular y Molecular, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Casilla 70086 Santiago 7, Santiago, Chile
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1428-36. 2006..Our results provide evidence for involvement of IP(3)-mediated Ca(2+) signals on IL-6 transcription in skeletal muscle cells...
- The systemic inflammatory response to exercise in adults with cystic fibrosisAlina A Ionescu
Respiratory Medicine, Cardiff University, Academic Centre, Llandough Hospital, Cardiff, CF64 2XX, United Kingdom
J Cyst Fibros 5:105-12. 2006..We report greater increments in circulating concentrations of some cytokines with moderate exercise in adults with cystic fibrosis compared to healthy subjects...
- Activation of the JAK-STAT signaling pathway in the rat basilar artery after subarachnoid hemorrhageKoji Osuka
Department of Neurosurgery, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Brain Res 1072:1-7. 2006..These results indicate that SAH produces the proinflammatory cytokine IL-6 in the CSF, which activates the JAK-STAT signaling pathway in the basilar artery and induces transcription of immediate early genes...
- Interleukin-6 g.-174G>C promoter polymorphism is associated with obesity in the EPIC-Potsdam StudyKerstin Klipstein-Grobusch
Department of Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbruecke, Nuthetal
Obesity (Silver Spring) 14:14-8. 2006..044) and was most pronounced in subjects with the CC genotype, suggesting that the IL-6 g.-174G>C promoter polymorphism is a susceptibility or modifying locus for common obesity and weight gain...
- IL-6 is constitutively expressed during lung morphogenesis and enhances fetal lung explant branchingCristina Nogueira-Silva
Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, Life and Health Sciences Research Institute ICVS, University of Minho, 4709 057 Braga, Portugal
Pediatr Res 60:530-6. 2006..IL-6 enhanced p38-MAPK phosphorylation without changing MEK1/2 and JNK pathways. The present study suggests a physiological role for IL-6 on pulmonary branching mechanisms most likely involving p38-MAPK intracellular signalling pathway...
- Up regulation of IL-6 by ischemic preconditioning in normal and fatty rat livers: association with reduction of oxidative stressLorenza Tacchini
Institute of General Pathology, University of Milano, Via Mangiagalli 31, 20133, Milano, Italy
Free Radic Res 40:1206-17. 2006..In conclusion, IP modulates the activity of transcription factors and triggers IL-6 production; this may prevent hepatic I/R damage in a oxidative stress-dependent way, particularly in fatty livers...
- Contraction-induced interleukin-6 transcription in rat slow-type muscle is partly dependent on calcineurin activationSébastien Banzet
Department of Human Factors, Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, La Tronche, France
J Cell Physiol 210:596-601. 2007..Taken together, these results demonstrate that in addition to p38 MAPK, increased calcineurin activity is one of the signalling events involved in IL-6 gene transcription...
- HB-EGF induces delayed STAT3 activation via NF-kappaB mediated IL-6 secretion in vascular smooth muscle cellKuy Sook Lee
Center for Biomedical Sciences, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, National Institute of Health, Seoul, Korea
Biochim Biophys Acta 1773:1637-44. 2007..In conclusion, IL-6 plays an important role in the delayed activation of STAT3 and VSMC proliferation induced by HB-EGF...
- Predictive and pathogenetic value of plasma biomarkers for acute kidney injury in patients with acute lung injuryKathleen D Liu
Division of Nephrology, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 35:2755-61. 2007..To identify biological and clinical predictors of acute kidney injury in subjects with acute lung injury...
- [Expressions and clinical significances of c-met, c-erbB-2, COX-2, and IL-6 in the biliary tract cancers]Hyun Ho Joo
Department of Surgery, Inje University Pusan Paik Hospital, Inje University College of Medicine, Busanjin Gu, Busan, Korea
Korean J Gastroenterol 50:370-8. 2007..We aimed to analyze the expressions of each marker and their relationships with clinicopathologic factors...
- TNFalpha antagonist upregulates interleukin-6 in rats with hypertensive heart failureEspen Haugen
Department of Molecular and Clinical Medicine and Wallenberg Laboratory, Institute of Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy, Gothenburg University, Sweden
Int J Cardiol 130:64-8. 2008..Hypertension is one of most common causes to chronic heart failure in humans...
- Interleukin-6, TNF-alpha and interleukin-1 beta levels in blood and tissue in severely burned ratsDiane Agay
Centre de Recherches du Service de Sante des Armees, 24 Avenue des Maquis du Gresivaudan, BP87, 38702 La Tronche Cedex, France
Eur Cytokine Netw 19:1-7. 2008....
- Intrinsic catch-up growth of hypoplastic fetal lungs is mediated by interleukin-6Cristina Nogueira-Silva
Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, ICVS, School of Health Sciences, University of Minho, Braga, Portugal
Pediatr Pulmonol 43:680-9. 2008....
- Psychological stress induces hypoferremia through the IL-6-hepcidin axis in ratsMin Zhao
Department of Naval Medicine, Second Military Medical University, 800 Xiangxin Road, Shanghai 200433, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 373:90-3. 2008..These changes were blocked by the injection of IL-6 monoclonal antibody. In conclusion, the IL-6-hepcidin axis is up-regulated by psychological stress in rats, resulting in hypoferremia and increase of hepatic iron storage...
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid inhibits synergistic interleukin-6 release but not transcriptional activation in astrocytoma cellsJoseph D Roach
Department of Chemistry, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada 89154 4003, USA
Neuroimmunomodulation 15:117-24. 2008..We investigated the GABA-mediated suppression of the synergistic release of interleukin (IL)-6 due to interleukin 1-beta (IL-1 beta) and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- Particle-induced cytokine responses in cardiac cell cultures--the effect of particles versus soluble mediators released by particle-exposed lung cellsAnnike I Totlandsdal
Department of Air Pollution and Noise, Division of Environmental Medicine, Norwegian Institute of Public Health, NO 0403 Oslo, Norway
Toxicol Sci 106:233-41. 2008..These in vitro findings lend support to the hypothesis that particle-induced cardiac inflammation and disease may involve lung-derived mediators...
- [Effects of Quyu Jiedu Granule on expressions of tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-6 mRNAs in ovarian granulosa cells of endometriosis rats]Xin Ling Li
Clinical College, Shandong University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Jinan, Shandong Province 250014, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 6:960-3. 2008....
- Sepsis-induced inflammation is exacerbated in an animal model of type 2 diabetesAsha Jacob
Department of Surgery, North Shore University Hospital and Long Island Jewish Medical Center and The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Int J Clin Exp Med 1:22-31. 2008..These studies suggest that sepsis-induced inflammation is exacerbated in an animal model of Type 2 diabetes...
- The -174G>C IL-6 gene promoter polymorphism and diabetic microvascular complicationsG Rudofsky
Department of Medicine I and Clinical Chemistry, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Horm Metab Res 41:308-13. 2009..In conclusion these data suggest no major influence of the -174G>C variant in the promoter region of the IL-6 gene on the development of microvascular complications in patients with diabetes...
- alpha1-Adrenergic receptor stimulates interleukin-6 expression and secretion through both mRNA stability and transcriptional regulation: involvement of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and nuclear factor-kappaBDianne M Perez
Department of Molecular Cardiology, The Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mol Pharmacol 76:144-52. 2009..Our results indicate that alpha(1)-ARs stimulated IL-6 expression and secretion through regulating both mRNA transcription and stability, involving p38 MAPK and NF-kappaB pathways...
- Pre-existing lipopolysaccharide may increase the risk of heatstroke in ratsXiao Jing Lin
Department of Nursing, Nanfang Hospital, Southern University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Am J Med Sci 337:265-70. 2009..We attempted to ascertain whether pre-existing inflammatory state [caused by exogenous administration of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)] exacerbated multiorgan dysfunction in experimental heatstroke...
- Switch from a dominant Th1-associated immune profile during the pre-diabetic phase in favour of a temporary increase of a Th3-associated and inflammatory immune profile at the onset of type 1 diabetesAnna Ryden
Division of Paediatrics and Diabetes Research Centre, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:335-43. 2009..Further, to follow the immune response from onset to 2 years duration, the study focused on spontaneous as well as autoantigen-induced immune profile...
- Interleukin-6 increases intracellular Ca2+ concentration and induces catecholamine secretion in rat carotid body glomus cellsJuan Fan
Institute of Neurosciences, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
J Neurosci Res 87:2757-62. 2009..Our experiments provide further evidence for the responsiveness of the CB to proinflammatory cytokines and indicate that the CB might play a role in inflammation sensing and transmission of such information to the brain...
- Low-grade inflammation can partly explain the association between the metabolic syndrome and either coronary artery disease or severity of peripheral arterial disease: the CODAM studyM Jacobs
Laboratory for Metabolism and Vascular Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Eur J Clin Invest 39:437-44. 2009..The aim was to study whether the association between the metabolic syndrome and CAD or the severity of PAD can be explained by low-grade inflammation...
- Post-ischemic hypothermia for 24h in P7 rats rescues hippocampal neuron: association with decreased astrocyte activation and inflammatory cytokine expressionMan Xiong
Key Laboratory of Neonatal Diseases, Ministry of Health, Children s Hospital, Fudan University, 399 Wanyuan Road, Shanghai 201102, China
Brain Res Bull 79:351-7. 2009..The present findings highlight an apparent association between inhibition of hippocampal neuron loss by hypothermia and decreased astrocytosis and inflammatory cytokine release after hypoxia-ischemia in the developing brain...
- High weight differences between donor and recipient affect early kidney graft function--a role for enhanced IL-6 signalingW Gong
Institute of Medical Immunology, Charite University Medicine, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Am J Transplant 9:1742-51. 2009..These findings have strong clinical implication as anti-IL6R treatment of patients receiving grafts from lower-weight donors could be used to improve primary graft function...
- Interleukin-6 is associated with liver lipid homeostasis but not with cell death in experimental hepatic steatosisMiguel A Sánchez-Garrido
Reina Sofia University Hospital, Cordoba, Spain
Innate Immun 15:337-49. 2009..Furthermore, PC is identified as a new survival agent that reverses several TNFalpha-inducible responses that are likely to promote steatosis and necrosis...
- FOUR-CORNERS BREAST AND ENDOMETRIAL CANCER STUDYMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2003..C-peptide, glycosylated hemoglobin, IGF-1, and IGFBP3 will be evaluated with respect to breast and endometrial cancer in a subset of women. ..
- Growth Factors and Colon CancerMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This study builds on a unique existing resource to study genetic and environmental associations with colorectal cancer. It will provide insight into colon cancer etiology and therefore avenues to disease prevention. ..
- A PROSPECTIVE STUDY OF ALASKA NATIVES & AMERICAN INDIANSMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The AIAN cohort will serve as a resource to enhance research and training activities of AIAN students interested in health research, health education, and general public health. ..
- DIET AND SOMATIC MUTATIONS IN COLON CANCERMARTHA OR MARTY SLATTERY; Fiscal Year: 2007..e. p53, K-ras, and microsatellite instability). Differences in colon and rectal tumors will be compared. Additionally data from rectal tumors will be combined with that from colon tumors to define disease pathways. ..
- NO AND CO MEDIATE MENTAL-NEUROENDOCRINE INTERACTIONSCatherine Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2004..Collectively, these results will provide novel and comprehensive information regarding the neurocircuitries through which NO or CO modulate the response of the rat HPA to a neurogenic stress. ..
- A NOVEL NEURAL PATHWAY CONTROLS TESTOSTERONE RELEASECatherine Rivier; Fiscal Year: 2008..Collectively, these studies will advance our understanding of the effects of alcohol on male reproductive functions and the mechanisms that mediate them. ..
- CELLULAR INTERACTIONS IN PULMONARY OXYGEN TOXICITYANBUKILI CHETTY; Fiscal Year: 2006..This mentored work will provide extensive education and technical experience in Molecular Biology and the development of a model of hyperoxic lung injury. ..
- Adjuvant Therapy for Vascular Inflammation in DiabetesSushil Jain; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cell-targeting peptide nucleic acids for hormone-refractory prostate cancerBeverly Barton; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance our knowledge and establish a direct link of placental TC activity and EC dysfunction in PE. ..
- Communication between Kupffer cells and stellate cellsNatalia Nieto; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hope that this co-culture model will help us to define the effects of Kupffer cells on the stellate cell fibrogenic response and to dissect potential therapeutic targets for preventing liver disease. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- Ketosis, Vascular Inflammation and Its Therapy in Type 1 Diabetic PatientsSushil K Jain; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long-term goal is to understand the role of ketosis in CVD and to discover a relatively low-cost dietary supplement that could be used as an adjuvant therapy for CVD prevention in type 1 diabetes. ..