Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Igf1
Description: insulin-like growth factor 1
Alias: IGF, insulin-like growth factor I, IGF-I, somatomedin
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Differential expression of TNF-alpha, IL-6, and IGF-1 by graded mechanical stress in normal rat myocardiumEmiliano A Palmieri
Department of Medicina Clinica, Scienze Cardiovascolari ed Immunologiche, L Califano Facoltà di Medcina e Chirurgia, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 282:H926-34. 2002..of myocardial expression of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha, interleukin (IL)-6, and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and their cognate receptors...
- Immunohistochemical localisation of growth hormone (GH), GH receptor (GHR), insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and type I IGF-I receptor, and gene expression of GH and GHR in rat pre-antral folliclesJ Zhao
Department of Farm Animal Health, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
Zygote 10:85-94. 2002..of cultured rat pre-antral follicles is stimulated by growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and that the mRNA of IGF-I and type I IGF receptor (IGFR) is present in the oocyte and wall of these follicles...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I inhibits transcriptional responses of transforming growth factor-beta by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt-dependent suppression of the activation of Smad3 but not Smad2Kyung Song
Ireland Cancer Center Research Laboratories and the Department of Pharmacology, Case Western Reserve University University Hospital of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 278:38342-51. 2003Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) have been shown to be oncogenic and tumor suppressive, respectively, on prostate epithelial cells...
- Insulin receptor substrate-1/SHP-2 interaction, a phenotype-dependent switching machinery of insulin-like growth factor-I signaling in vascular smooth muscle cellsKen ichiro Hayashi
Department of Neuroscience D13, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamadaoka 2 2, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:40807-18. 2004Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) plays a role in mutually exclusive processes such as proliferation and differentiation in a variety of cell types...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1-induced phosphorylation of transcription factor FKHRL1 is mediated by phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt kinase and role of this pathway in insulin-like growth factor-1-induced survival of cultured hippocampal neuronsWen Hua Zheng
Department of Psychiatry, Douglas Hospital Research Center, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 62:225-33. 2002Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is a trophic factor promoting cell survival by activating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt kinase pathway...
- Serum insulin-like growth factor I regulates brain amyloid-beta levelsE Carro
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, Cajal Institute, CSIC, Madrid, Spain
Nat Med 8:1390-7. 2002Levels of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), a neuroprotective hormone, decrease in serum during aging, whereas amyloid-beta (Abeta), which is involved in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer disease, accumulates in the brain...
- Insulin-like growth factor I modifies electrophysiological properties of rat brain stem neuronsAngel Nunez
Departamento de Morfologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad, Autonoma de Madrid, 28029, Spain
J Neurophysiol 89:3008-17. 2003On systemic injection, insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) elicits a prolonged increase in the excitability of dorsal column nuclei (DCN) cells in the brain stem as well as other target neurons within the brain...
- Acute control of insulin-like growth factor-I gene transcription by growth hormone through Stat5bJoachim Woelfle
Molecular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Biol Chem 278:22696-702. 2003Many of the effects of growth hormone (GH) are mediated by insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a secreted peptide whose gene transcription is induced by GH by unknown mechanisms...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I and its receptor in neovascular age-related macular degenerationAntoinette C Lambooij
Department of Ophthalmology, Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:2192-8. 2003The insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I protein is a growth-promoting polypeptide that can act as an angiogenic agent in the eye...
- Mechanisms of growth hormone (GH) action. Identification of conserved Stat5 binding sites that mediate GH-induced insulin-like growth factor-I gene activationJoachim Woelfle
Molecular Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Biol Chem 278:51261-6. 2003..of growth hormone (GH) on somatic growth and tissue maintenance are mediated by insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a secreted protein whose gene expression is rapidly and potently induced by GH by unknown mechanisms...
- Expression of liver insulin-like growth factor 1 gene and its serum level in patients with diabetesJian Bo Li
Department of Endocrinology, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:255-9. 2004To explore the effect of diabetic duration and blood glucose level on insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) gene expression and serum IGF-1 level.
- Relationship between serum insulin-like growth factor-1 levels and Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementiaTakuya Watanabe
Department of Biochemistry, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1748-53. 2005To determine whether decreased serum insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) levels could be a risk factor for dementia in older people.
- Characterization of distinct Stat5b binding sites that mediate growth hormone-stimulated IGF-I gene transcriptionDennis J Chia
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 281:3190-7. 2006A key agent in the anabolic actions of growth hormone (GH) is insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a 70-amino acid secreted protein with direct effects on somatic growth and tissue maintenance and repair...
- Insulin-like growth factor I interfaces with brain-derived neurotrophic factor-mediated synaptic plasticity to modulate aspects of exercise-induced cognitive functionQ Ding
Department of Physiological Science, UCLA, 621 Charles E Young Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Neuroscience 140:823-33. 2006..Our results illustrate a possible mechanism by which insulin-like growth factor-I interfaces with the brain-derived neurotrophic factor system to mediate exercise-induced synaptic and cognitive plasticity...
- An igf-I gene polymorphism modifies the risk of diabetic retinopathyIngrid Rietveld
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Room D 436, Dr Molewaterplein 40, 3015 GD, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Diabetes 55:2387-91. 2006The role of IGF-I in the pathogenesis of diabetic retinopathy is unclear...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 is an endogenous mediator of focal ischemia-induced neural progenitor proliferationYi Ping Yan
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, WI 53792, USA
Eur J Neurosci 24:45-54. 2006..Of these, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) showed increased protein expression in the activated astrocytes in the ischemic penumbra...
- Tenocyte responses to mechanical loading in vivo: a role for local insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling in early tendinosis in ratsAlexander Scott
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 56:871-81. 2007..To investigate tenocyte regulatory events during the development of overuse supraspinatus tendinosis in rats...
- Early downregulation of IGF-I decides the fate of rat retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve injuryKeiko Homma
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa 920 8640, Japan
Neurochem Int 50:741-8. 2007..Furthermore, amount of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), an activator of the phosphatidyl inositol-3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt system, was initially decreased from RGCs 1-2 ..
- Glucose induces apoptosis of cardiomyocytes via microRNA-1 and IGF-1Xi Yong Yu
Research Center of Medical Sciences, Guangdong Provincial People s Hospital, Guangdong Provincial Cardiovascular Institute, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510080, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 376:548-52. 2008..could induce apoptosis of rat cardiomyocyte cell line H9C2 through microRNA regulated insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) signaling pathway...
- Upregulated expression of miR-1/miR-206 in a rat model of myocardial infarctionZhi xin Shan
Research Center of Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Provincial Cardiovascular Institute, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 381:597-601. 2009..miR-1 and miR-206 expression were significantly increased, and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) protein was markedly reduced without obvious change of its mRNA level after MI induction...
- Intranasal administration of IGF-1 attenuates hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in neonatal ratsShuying Lin
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Newborn Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Exp Neurol 217:361-70. 2009..rhIGF-1 enhanced proliferation of neuronal and oligodendroglial progenitors after cerebral HI as well. These data suggest that iN administration of IGF-1 has the potential to be used for clinical treatment.
- Stability of local brain levels of insulin-like growth factor-I in two well-characterized models of decreased plasma IGF-IMichelle M Adams
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1010, USA
Growth Factors 27:181-8. 2009Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a functionally important neurotrophic factor, impacts tissues throughout the body including the central nervous system...
- IGF-1 derived small neuropeptides and analogues: a novel strategy for the development of pharmaceuticals for neurological conditionsJian Guan
Liggins Institute, The University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Br J Pharmacol 157:881-91. 2009Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is neuroprotective and improves long-term function after brain injury...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I prevents the accumulation of autophagic vesicles and cell death in Purkinje neurons by increasing the rate of autophagosome-to-lysosome fusion and degradationMona Bains
From the Department of Pharmacology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045 6511, USA
J Biol Chem 284:20398-407. 2009..Here, we report that insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) completely blocked the autophagy-associated cell death of Purkinje neurons...
- Serum levels of IGF1 are a useful predictor of retinopathy of prematurityA Pérez-Muñuzuri
Neonatology Service, Clinical Hospital of Santiago de Compostela, Department of Paediatrics, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Acta Paediatr 99:519-25. 2010To ascertain whether insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) is associated with retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and is a useful predictor of the disease...
- Dispersed Chromosomal Stat5b-binding elements mediate growth hormone-activated insulin-like growth factor-I gene transcriptionDennis J Chia
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Biol Chem 285:17636-47. 2010..We conclude that GH stimulates recruitment of Stat5b to multiple dispersed regions within the igf1 locus, including several with properties consistent with long range transcriptional enhancers that collectively ..
- Genetic association of insulin-like growth factor-1 polymorphisms with high-grade myopia in an international family cohortRavikanth Metlapally
Center for Human GeneticsDepartment of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4476-9. 2010..modulated animal models, and observations of glycemic control in humans suggests that insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 plays a role in the control of eye growth...
- Chronic gestational exposure to ethanol causes insulin and IGF resistance and impairs acetylcholine homeostasis in the brainS J Soscia
Department of Pathology, Pierre Galletti Research Building, Rhode Island Hospital, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Cell Mol Life Sci 63:2039-56. 2006..dose-effects on cerebellar development, expression of genes required for insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF) signaling, and the upstream mechanisms and downstream consequences of impaired signaling in relation to ..
- IGF-1 stimulates de novo fatty acid biosynthesis by Schwann cells during myelinationGuoying Liang
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8020, USA
Glia 55:632-41. 2007..Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) has been identified as a growth factor that stimulates the early events of myelination in SCs that signals via ..
- Effects of chronic growth hormone and insulin-like growth factor 1 deficiency on osteoarthritis severity in rat knee jointsKari J Ekenstedt
Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3850-8. 2006To determine the effects of chronic deficiency of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) on osteoarthritis (OA) severity.
- Central insulin-like growth factor 1 receptors play distinct roles in the control of reproduction, food intake, and body weight in female ratsBrigitte J Todd
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Biol Reprod 77:492-503. 2007..of the LH surge in ovariectomized female rats requires concurrent activation of brain insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) receptors...
- Age-impaired fluid homeostasis depends on the balance of IL-6/IGF-I in the rat supraoptic nucleiK Palin
Laboratoire PsyNuGen, CNRS UMR5226, Universite de Bordeaux, INRA UMR1286, IFR8 Neurosciences, UFR de Pharmacie, 146 rue Leo Saignat, Bordeaux F 33077, France
Neurobiol Aging 30:1677-92. 2009..Conversely, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, known to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties, decreases with age...
- MicroRNA-320 expression in myocardial microvascular endothelial cells and its relationship with insulin-like growth factor-1 in type 2 diabetic ratsX H Wang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:181-8. 2009..factors and/or receptors, including kinase insert domain containing receptor (Flk-1), insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-1R)...
- Changes of human menisci in osteoarthritic knee jointsY Katsuragawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:1133-43. 2010..To investigate the changes of knee menisci in osteoarthritis (OA) in human...
- Comparative analysis of aqueous humor cytokine levels between patients with exudative age-related macular degeneration and normal controlsDong Min Cha
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seongnam, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:7038-44. 2013..To investigate the cytokine markers associated with exudative AMD present in aqueous humor. This goal was achieved by comparing the concentrations of more than 500 molecules in aqueous humor, between exudative AMD patients and controls...
- Role of IGF-1 in cortical plasticity and functional deficit induced by sensorimotor restrictionJulien Mysoet
Laboratoire Activité Physique, Muscle et Santé, EA 4488, IFR 114, Universite Lille 1, Sciences et Technologies, F 59650 Villeneuve d Ascq, France Unité de Recherche Pluridisciplinaire Sport, santé, Société URePSSS, Universite Lille Nord de France, F 59000 Lille, France Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 290:117-23. 2015..Recently, our team has demonstrated that IGF-1 level was decreased in the somatosensory cortex of rats submitted to a 14-day period of HU...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1: a prognostic factor of knee osteoarthritisJ S Schouten
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus University Medical School, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Rheumatol 32:274-80. 1993..After 12 years a follow-up study was conducted to study the effect of circulating insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) on cartilage loss, osteophyte growth and overall progression in 141 persons with confirmed ROA of the knee...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor I messenger ribonucleic acid in developing osteophytes in murine experimental osteoarthritis and in rats inoculated with growth hormone-secreting tumorK Okazaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Endocrinology 140:4821-30. 1999..The aim of this study was to investigate insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) involvement in osteophyte formation...
- Co-administration of finasteride and the pure anti-oestrogen ICI 182,780 act synergistically in modulating the IGF system in rat prostateH Huynh
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Division of Cellular and Molecular Research, National Cancer Centre, Singapore 169610
J Endocrinol 171:109-18. 2001..We report herein that the pure anti-oestrogen ICI 182,780 (ICI) reduces Ki-67 labelling index and IGF-I receptor levels in rat prostate...
- Influence of varying degrees of malnutrition on IGF-I expression in the rat diaphragmMichael I Lewis
Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:555-62. 2003..study evaluated the impact of varying degrees of prolonged malnutrition on the local insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) system in the costal diaphragm muscle...
- NO plays a role in LPS-induced decreases in circulating IGF-I and IGFBP-3 and their gene expression in the liverTeresa Priego
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 286:E50-6. 2004..inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) inhibitor, to study the role of nitric oxide (NO) in LPS-induced decrease in IGF-I and IGFBP-3...
- Stem/progenitor cell proliferation factors FGF-2, IGF-1, and VEGF exhibit early decline during the course of aging in the hippocampus: role of astrocytesAshok K Shetty
Department of Surgery, Division of Neurosurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Glia 51:173-86. 2005..We measured the concentrations of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2), insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the hippocampus of young, middle-aged, and aged F344 rats, ..
- The relationship of retinal VEGF and retinal IGF-1 mRNA with neovascularization in an acidosis-induced model of retinopathy of prematurityDavid A Leske
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Curr Eye Res 31:163-9. 2006..We studied the relationship of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) retinal mRNA and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) retinal mRNA expression with the emergence of neovascularization (NV) in AIR.
- An insulin-like growth factor-I promoter polymorphism is associated with increased mortality in subjects with myocardial infarction in an elderly Caucasian populationMojgan Yazdanpanah
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 97:1274-6. 2006We investigated whether an insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) promoter polymorphism is associated with excess mortality in elderly subjects with myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Local myocardial insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) delivery with biotinylated peptide nanofibers improves cell therapy for myocardial infarctionMichael E Davis
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02139, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8155-60. 2006..injury, we designed self-assembling peptide nanofibers for prolonged delivery of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1), a cardiomyocyte growth and differentiation factor, to the myocardium, using a "biotin sandwich" approach...
- Effects of maternal undernutrition on lung growth and insulin-like growth factor system expression in rat offspringChung Ming Chen
Department of Pediatrics, Taipei Medical University Hospital, Taiwan
Acta Paediatr Taiwan 48:62-7. 2007..Maternal undernutrition may alter the development of the lung structure in rat offspring...
- Effect of electrical stimulation on IGF-1 transcription by L-type calcium channels in cultured retinal Müller cellsTatsuhiko Sato
Department of Applied Visual Science, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 52:217-23. 2008To investigate the effect of electrical stimulation (ES) on the induction of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) in cultured retinal Müller cells.
- Immunolocalization of insulin-like growth factors and their receptors in the diabetic mouse oviduct and uterine tissues during the preimplantation periodRahimah Zakaria
School of Medical Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 16150 Kota Bharu, Kelantan, Malaysia
Acta Histochem 111:52-60. 2009The aim of the present study was to analyze the immunolocalization of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 and IGF-2 and their receptors in the oviduct and uterus of control and diabetic mice...
- Setting the pace for retinal development: environmental enrichment acts through insulin-like growth factor 1 and brain-derived neurotrophic factorSilvia Landi
Laboratorio di Neurobiologia, Scuola Normale Superiore National Enterprise for nano Science and nanoTechnology, I 56100 Pisa, Italy
J Neurosci 29:10809-19. 2009..Here, we show that early [postnatal day 1 (P1) to P7] insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) injections in the eyes of non-EE rat pups mimic EE effects both in increasing BDNF levels in the retinal ..
- Effect of growth hormone on small intestinal homeostasis relation to cellular mediators IGF-I and IGFBP-3Betul Ersoy
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Faculty of Medicine, Celal Bayar University, Manisa 45010, Turkey
World J Gastroenterol 15:5418-24. 2009To evaluate the effects of growth hormone (GH) on the histology of small intestines which might be related to the role of insulin like growth factor (IGF)-I, IGF-binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) and its receptors.
- Intracellular insulin-like growth factor-1 induces Bcl-2 expression in airway epithelial cellsHitendra S Chand
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Program, Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
J Immunol 188:4581-9. 2012..captured by laser microdissection showed that increased expression of IL-1β and insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) coincided with induced Bcl-2 expression compared with controls...
- FoxO1 and FoxM1 transcription factors have antagonistic functions in neonatal cardiomyocyte cell-cycle withdrawal and IGF1 gene regulationArunima Sengupta
The Heart Institute, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology, Cincinnati Children s Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Circ Res 112:267-77. 2013..In the mammalian heart, cardiomyocytes withdraw from the cell cycle and initiate hypertrophic growth soon after birth, but the transcriptional regulatory mechanisms that control these neonatal transitions are not well-defined...
- Enriched early life experiences reduce adult anxiety-like behavior in rats: a role for insulin-like growth factor 1Sara Baldini
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Scuola Normale Superiore, Pisa, Italy
J Neurosci 33:11715-23. 2013..We recently found that insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) is a key mediator of early EE or massage on brain development...
- Expression of FGF-2 and IGF-1 in diabetic rats with fractureQing Quan Chen
Department of Orthopaedics, Fuzhou General Hospital of Nanjing Military Area, Fuzhou 350025, China
Asian Pac J Trop Med 7:71-5. 2014To observe the change of fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2), insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) in serum and bone callus after fracture in diabetic rats, and to explore molecular biological mechanism of healing of diabetic fracture.
- Effects of Resveratrol on Ovarian Morphology, Plasma Anti-Mullerian Hormone, IGF-1 Levels, and Oxidative Stress Parameters in a Rat Model of Polycystic Ovary SyndromeMete Ergenoglu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ege University, Izmir, Turkey
Reprod Sci 22:942-7. 2015..To evaluate the effects of resveratrol in a rat model of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)...
- Intrauterine low-functional programming of IGF1 by prenatal nicotine exposure mediates the susceptibility to osteoarthritis in female adult rat offspringKai Tie
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China Department of Physiology and Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China and Hubei Provincial Key Laboratory of Developmentally Originated Disease, Wuhan, China
FASEB J 30:785-97. 2016..the expression of α1 chain of type II collagen (Col2A1), aggrecan, SRY-type high mobility group box 9 (Sox9), and IGF1 signaling molecules in the cartilage of PNE offspring were decreased...
- Restorative effect of intracerebroventricular insulin-like growth factor-I gene therapy on motor performance in aging ratsF Nishida
Institute of Pathology, School of Veterinary Sciences, National University of La Plata, La Plata 1900, Argentina
Neuroscience 177:195-206. 2011Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) is a powerful neuroprotective molecule in the brain and spinal cord. We have previously shown that intracerebroventricular (i.c.v...
- Regulation of IGF-1 but not TGF-β1 by NGF in the smooth muscle of the inflamed urinary bladderQing L Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA, United States
Regul Pept 177:73-8. 2012..growth factors characterized in the current study include nerve growth factor (NGF), insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1, and transforming growth factor (TGF)-β1...
- SIRT1 silencing confers neuroprotection through IGF-1 pathway activationLuigi Sansone
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
J Cell Physiol 228:1754-61. 2013The following study demonstrated that, in in vitro differentiated neurons, SIRT1 silencing induced an increase of IGF-1 protein expression and secretion and of IGF-1R protein levels which, in turn, prolonged neuronal cell survival in ..
- Impaired insulin/IGF signaling in experimental alcohol-related myopathyVan Anh Nguyen
Department of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Nutrients 4:1058-75. 2012..We hypothesize that Alc-M is mediated by combined effects of insulin/IGF resistance and oxidative stress, similar to the effects of ethanol on liver and brain...
- IGF-1 restores visual cortex plasticity in adult life by reducing local GABA levelsJosé Fernando Maya-Vetencourt
Laboratory of Neurobiology, Scuola Normale Superiore, Piazza dei Cavalieri 7, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Neural Plast 2012:250421. 2012..Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) is a peptide implicated in prenatal and postnatal phases of brain development such as neurogenesis, neuronal ..
- Toxicogenomic biomarkers for renal papillary injury in ratsTakeki Uehara
Drug Developmental Research Laboratories, Shionogi and Co, Ltd, 3 1 1 Futaba cho, Toyonaka, Osaka 561 0825, Japan
Toxicology 303:1-8. 2013..The three top-ranked genes, Timp1, Igf1, and Lamc2, exhibited the best prediction performance in an external data set with area under the curve (AUC) ..
- Osteogenic potential of bone marrow stromal cells derived from streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsYan Fang Zhao
Department of Prosthodontics, Ninth People s Hospital Affiliated to Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:614-20. 2013..These changes may be partially related to impaired insulin and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) signaling...
- Changes in serotoninergic and noradrenergic descending pain pathways during painful diabetic neuropathy: the preventive action of IGF1Carla Morgado
Institute of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine of Porto, IBMC, University of Porto, Alameda Professor Hernani Monteiro, 4200 319 Porto, Portugal
Neurobiol Dis 43:275-84. 2011..Since, during diabetes, the levels of insulin growth factor 1 (IGF1) decrease, reducing its neurotrophic effect in the brain, we also studied the effects of IGF1 treatment...
- Insulin-like growth factor I signaling for brain recovery and exercise ability in brain ischemic ratsHeng Chih Chang
Department and Institute of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Med Sci Sports Exerc 43:2274-80. 2011..neuron survival and plasticity in the adult brain by enhancing the uptake of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I)...
- Primary structure of rat insulin-like growth factor-I and its biological activitiesK Tamura
Research Laboratories, Fujisawa Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Osaka, Japan
J Biol Chem 264:5616-21. 1989Rat insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I), a serum polypeptide with growth promoting activity, was isolated from rat serum by a combination of acid/ethanol extraction, affinity chromatography, and a series of reversed phase high ..
- Rat IGF-I cDNA's contain multiple 5'-untranslated regionsC T Roberts
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 146:1154-9. 1987DNA sequencing of several independent rat IGF-I cDNA clones has revealed three different 5'-untranslated region sequences which contain multiple, upstream, in-frame initiation codons...
- Effects of insulin-like growth factor-I and its analogue, long-R3-IGF-I, on intestinal absorption of 3-O-methyl-D-glucose are less pronounced than gut mucosal growth responsesSonja M Garnaut
Cooperative Research Center for Tissue Growth and Repair, Child Health Research Institute, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Growth Factors 20:17-25. 2002The relationship between insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) peptide-induced increases in bowel mass and functional improvement is unclear...
- Mesenchymal IGF-I overexpression: paracrine effects in the intestine, distinct from endocrine actionsKristen L Williams
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7080, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G875-85. 2002Local IGF-I expression is frequently increased in intestinal mesenchyme during adaptive growth of intestinal epithelium, but paracrine growth effects of IGF-I in vivo are not defined...
- Activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase contributes to insulin-like growth factor I-mediated inhibition of pancreatic beta-cell deathWenli Liu
Department of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Chicago Healthcare System, Lakeside Division, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Endocrinology 143:3802-12. 2002To begin to determine whether IGF-I treatment represents a potential means of enhancing the survival of islet cell grafts after transplantation, the present studies established a model of beta-cell death secondary to loss of trophic ..
- Preferential expression of IGF-I in small DRG neurons and down-regulation following injuryMatthew J Craner
Department of Neurology LCI 707 and PVA EPVA Center for Neuroscience and Regeneration Research, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Neuroreport 13:1649-52. 2002In this study, we examined the expression of insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and its receptor (IGF-IR) in dorsal root ganglia (DRG) neurons in two rodent models of nerve injury: sciatic nerve axotomy and streptozotocin-induced (STZ) ..
- Effect of high-fat diet on body composition and hormone responses to glucose tolerance testsJ L Brown
Department of Nutritional Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater 74078, USA
Endocrine 19:327-32. 2002..HF rats secreted more insulin and leptin compared to MF animals. Lean body mass and serum GH and IGF-I concentrations were not different between the groups...
- Muscular levels of proinflammatory cytokines correlate with a reduced expression of insulinlike growth factor-I in chronic heart failureP Christian Schulze
Cardiovascular Research, Partners Research Facility, 65 Landsdowne Street, Room 289, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Basic Res Cardiol 98:267-74. 2003..To assess the role of proinflammatory cytokines for the local expression of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) in this process, muscular and systemic levels of interleukin-1 beta (IL-1beta), tumor necrosis factor alpha (..
- TGF-beta 1 modulation of IGF-I signaling pathway in rat thyroid epithelial cellsGabriella Mincione
Dipartimento di Oncologia e Neuroscienze, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Universita G D Annunzio, Via dei Vestini, 31, Chieti, Italy
Exp Cell Res 287:411-23. 2003Transforming growth factor beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) have contrasting effects on cell cycle regulation in thyroid cells and TGF-beta 1 induces a dramatic decrease in IGF-I-induced cell proliferation...
- Age-dependent adaptation of the liver thyroid status and recovery of serum levels and hepatic insulin-like growth factor-I expression in neonatal and adult diabetic ratsA M Pascual-Leone
Instituto de Bioquimica, Centro Mixto CSIC UCM, Facultad de Farmacia, Ciudad Universitaria, Madrid, Spain
Metabolism 52:1117-25. 2003..on the hepatic deiodinase (5'D-I) activity and triiodothyronine (T(3)) content and on insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) secretion and mRNA hepatic expression were studied in neonatal and adult diabetic (D) rats and compared with 4 ..
- Increased insulin-like growth factor-I gene expression precedes left ventricular cardiomyocyte hypertrophy in a rapidly-hypertrophying rat model systemChi Yang Huang
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois, 524 Burrill Hall, 407 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Cell Biochem Funct 21:355-61. 2003..However, the molecular mechanisms underlying this hypertrophy are not understood. Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) synthesized locally in the heart is known to be associated with the hypertrophic process...
- Modulation of brain insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) binding sites and hypothalamic GHRH and somatostatin levels by exogenous growth hormone and IGF-I in juvenile ratsRina Eshet
Laboratory of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Felsenstein Medical Research Center, Petah Tikva, Israel
J Mol Neurosci 22:179-88. 2004The effect of exogenous growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) on brain IGF-I binding sites (IGF-IR), and on the levels of growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) and somatostatin was studied in hypophysectomized ..
- Stimulatory effect of IGF-I and VEGF on eNOS message, protein expression, eNOS phosphorylation and nitric oxide production in rat glomeruli, and the involvement of PI3-K signaling pathwayYing Wang
Department of Internal Medicine, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Nitric Oxide 10:25-35. 2004..We set out to determine whether IGF-I and/or VEGF165 directly stimulate NO production in rat glomeruli and whether the expression of NO synthase (NOS) ..
- Associations of insulin-like growth factors, insulin-like growth factor binding proteins and acid-labile subunit with coronary heart diseaseFrank Fischer
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Laboratoriumsmedizin, Zentrallaboratorium, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Germany
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 61:595-602. 2004..IGFs and their binding proteins (IGFBPs) are produced both systemically and locally by cells of the cardiovascular system. As growth promoters, they may play a role in atherosclerosis...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 increases endothelin receptor A levels and action in cultured rat aortic smooth muscle cellsChing Fai Kwok
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 94:1126-34. 2005..ET-1) receptors in vascular smooth muscle cells (SMCs), but the effect of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) on ET-1 receptor expression is not known...
- Interleukin-1 inhibits the induction of insulin-like growth factor-I by growth hormone in CWSV-1 hepatocytesMargaret L Shumate
Dept of Surgery, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 289:G227-39. 2005Sepsis results in hepatic "growth hormone (GH) resistance" with reductions in plasma IGF-I despite a two- to fourfold increase in circulating GH...
- Impaired IGF-I signalling of hypertrophic hearts in the developmental phase of hypertension in genetically hypertensive ratsWei Wen Kuo
Institute of Biochemistry, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Cell Biochem Funct 23:325-31. 2005Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) signalling is reported to contribute to the modulation of blood pressure and set survival and hypertrophic responses in cardiac tissue...
- Corticotropin-releasing factor receptor subtype 1 and somatostatin modulating hypoxia-caused downregulated mRNA of pituitary growth hormone and upregulated mRNA of hepatic insulin-like growth factor-I of ratsXue Qun Chen
Division of Neurobiology and Physiology, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University Yuquan Campus, Hangzhou 310027, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 242:50-8. 2005..aims to examine the effects of restraint, cold, and in combination of hypoxia on pituitary GH mRNA and hepatic IGF-I mRNA and its protein in rats, and the potential involvement of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor subtype 1 (..
- IGF-1 protects cardiac myocytes from hyperosmotic stress-induced apoptosis via CREBCarola Maldonado
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:1112-8. 2005..a rapid and pronounced apoptosis in cardiac myocytes which is attenuated by insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1)...
- Insulin receptor exon 11+/- is expressed in Zucker (fa/fa) rats, and chlorogenic acid modifies their plasma insulin and liver protein and DNADelcy V Rodriguez de Sotillo
Department of Chemistry, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 56001, USA
J Nutr Biochem 17:63-71. 2006..The insulin receptor exon 11(+) and the exon 11(-) variants were expressed in the liver of Zucker (fa/fa) rats without significant changes (P>.05). Chlorogenic acid improved some cellular mechanisms that are stimulated by insulin...
- Insulin-like growth factor-I downregulates embryonic myosin heavy chain (eMyHC) in myoblast nucleiBuel D Rodgers
Department of Animal Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 6351, USA
Growth Horm IGF Res 15:377-83. 2005The obscure ability of the insulin-like growth factors (IGF-I & -II) to stimulate both myoblast proliferation and differentiation suggests that the latter effect may be mediated locally, possibly by IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs)...
- Mammalian target of rapamycin inhibitors activate the AKT kinase in multiple myeloma cells by up-regulating the insulin-like growth factor receptor/insulin receptor substrate-1/phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascadeYijiang Shi
Hematology Oncology Division, West Los Angeles Veteran s Administration, West Los Angeles Hospital, and University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center 90073, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 4:1533-40. 2005..serine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1), they may enhance insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) signaling and downstream phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/AKT activation...
- Sepsis and inflammatory insults downregulate IGFBP-5, but not IGFBP-4, in skeletal muscle via a TNF-dependent mechanismCharles H Lang
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 290:R963-72. 2006..In contrast, exogenous administration of IGF-I as part of a binary complex composed of IGF-I/IGFBP-3 produced comparable increases in IGFBP-5 mRNA in both ..
- A potential inverse association between insulin-like growth factor I and hypertension in a cross-sectional studyKelly J Hunt
Division of Clinical Epidemiology, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX, USA
Ann Epidemiol 16:563-71. 2006Elevated circulating insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels increasingly are being implicated as a potential risk factor for the development of some cancers; however, relatively few epidemiologic studies have focused on potential ..
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor I, insulin-like growth factor binding proteins, and collagen mRNA in mechanically loaded plantaris tendonJens L Olesen
Institute of Sports Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital, DK 2400 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Appl Physiol (1985) 101:183-8. 2006Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) is known to exert an anabolic effect on tendon fibroblast production of collagen. IGF-I's regulation is complex and involves six different IGF binding proteins (IGFBPs)...
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling regulates cytosolic sialidase Neu2 expression during myoblast differentiation and hypertrophyAlessandro Fanzani
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, Unit of Biochemistry, University of Brescia, Italy
FEBS J 273:3709-21. 2006..Here we show that insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1)-induced hypertrophy of myoblasts notably increases Neu2 synthesis by activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-..
- IGF-1 protects intestinal epithelial cells from oxidative stress-induced apoptosisNaira Baregamian
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0353, USA
J Surg Res 136:31-7. 2006..Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 activates PI3-K pathway to promote cell survival; however, the effects of IGF-1 treatment during gut injury are ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-I is an important antiapoptotic factor for rat leydig cells during postnatal developmentEugenia Colón
Department of Woman and Child Health, Paediatric Endocrinology Unit, Astrid Lindgren Children s Hospital, Karolinska Institute and University Hospital, SE 17176 Stockholm, Sweden
Endocrinology 148:128-39. 2007The present investigation examines the influence of IGF-I and the role of IGF-I receptor (IGF-IR) in the apoptosis/survival of Leydig cells...
- Influence of ghrelin on gastric and duodenal growth and expression of digestive enzymes in young mature ratsZ Warzecha
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 57:425-37. 2006..The aim of present study was to examine the influence of ghrelin administration on gastric and duodenal growth and expression of pepsin and enterokinase in young mature rats with intact or removed pituitary...
- Short-term strength training and the expression of myostatin and IGF-I isoforms in rat muscle and tendon: differential effects of specific contraction typesK M Heinemeier
Institute of Sports Medicine, Bispebjerg Hospital Bldg 8, 1st Floor, 23 Bispebjerg Bakke, DK 2400 Copenhagen NV, Denmark
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:573-81. 2007In skeletal muscle, an increased expression of insulin like growth factor-I isoforms IGF-IEa and mechano-growth factor (MGF) combined with downregulation of myostatin is thought to be essential for training-induced hypertrophy...
- The effect of insulin-like growth factor-I on hepatocyte apoptosis after bile duct ligation in ratShyr Ming Sheen-Chen
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 51:2220-4. 2006..Exogenous administration of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) has been shown to enhance mucosal adaptation after small bowel resection in rats and also to accelerate repair ..
- Insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and its receptor (IGF-1R) in the rat anterior pituitaryElisabeth Eppler
Division of Neuroendocrinology, Institute of Anatomy, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstr 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 25:191-200. 2007Few and controversial results exist on the cellular sites of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I synthesis and the type 1 IGF receptor (IGF-1R) in mammalian anterior pituitary...
- Regulation of the inducible nitric oxide synthase and sodium pump in type 1 diabetesZorica Zakula
Institute Vinca, Laboratory for Molecular Genetics and Radiobiology, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro
Med Hypotheses 69:302-6. 2007Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is a hormone and growth factor closely related to insulin...
- Influence of dichlorodiphenylchloroethylene on vascular endothelial growth factor and insulin-like growth factor in human and rat ovarian cellsA C Holloway
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Reproductive Biology Division, McMaster University, Health Sciences Centre, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Reprod Toxicol 24:359-64. 2007..of DDE on the expression of the ovarian vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1) in primary cultures of human granulosa cells and in the rat ovary...
- Effects of brief, clustered versus dispersed hypoxic episodes on systemic and ocular growth factors in a rat model of oxygen-induced retinopathyRebecca J Coleman
Department of Pediatrics, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92868, USA
Pediatr Res 64:50-5. 2008..and ocular vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), soluble VEGFR-1 (sVEGFR-1), insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I), and growth hormone were examined. All hyperoxia-exposed retinas had evidence of neovascularization...
- Overexpression of mIGF-1 in keratinocytes improves wound healing and accelerates hair follicle formation and cycling in miceEkaterina Semenova
European Molecular Biology Laboratory EMBL Mouse Biology Unit, Campus A Buzzati Traverso, Monterotondo Scalo, Roma, Italy
Am J Pathol 173:1295-310. 2008Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) is an important regulator of growth, survival, and differentiation in many tissues. It is produced in several isoforms that differ in their N-terminal signal peptide and C-terminal extension peptide...
- Alcohol-Induced Regulation of Hepatic Protein SynthesisTHOMAS VARY; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IGFBP5 AND INTEGRINS AND CONTROLLING IGF1 ACTIONSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2002..of intergrin receptors and high affinity binding proteins alter the capacity of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) to stimulate smooth muscle cell (SMC) replication and migration...
- SEX STEROID REGULATION OF IGF-I EXPRESSION IN BONEThomas McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) is an important bone growth factor that enhances replication of less differentiated bone cells and matrix ..
- ARTHEROSCLEROSIS IN INSULIN-RESISTANT, HYPERLIPIDEMIC P*David Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Aim III, insulin like growth factor-I (IGF-1) will be given to the CH-IR pigs to reduce IR, and the pigs will be fed a high fat atherogenic diet...
- NEUROPATHOLOGY OF THE AGING SYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEMRobert Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have found that short courses of IGF-I or NT-3 result in significant reduction in established sympathetic NAD in aged rats...
- Behavior of Stem Cells in the Lesioned Aging HippocampusAshok Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Repair of Chronially Injured Hippocampus by GraftsAshok Shetty; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies also have implications for the treatment of other neurodegenerative conditions such as stroke and head injury. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Development of a Novel Method for Inhibiting Atherosclerosis in DiabetesDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2006..Insulin-like growth factor-l (IGF-I) has been implicated in initiating the proliferative phase of atherosclerotic lesion development but inhibiting ..
- MECHANISMS BY WHICH IGF-I STIMULATES SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2007The purpose of these studies is to analyze the molecular mechanisms by which insulin-like growth factor-l (IGF-I) stimulates smooth muscle cell (SMC) migration and replication...
- Chaperones, ROS systems, & IGF-1:Roles in vascular agingDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2008..These include reduction in insulin like growth factor I (IGF-I) signaling, which in lower organisms has been shown to enhance the heatshock protein response to ..
- EXPERIMENTAL DIABETIC AUTONOMIC NEUROPATHYROBERT EDWARD SCHMIDT; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the last funding period we have shown that diabetic rat sympathetic ganglia are IGF-I deficient and have significant defects in PI3K/Akt signaling pathway intermediates which are reversed by ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- IGF-I and its binding proteins in vascular smooth muscle cellsCunming Duan; Fiscal Year: 2008..These diverse actions of IGFs are mediated through the IGF-I receptor (IGF-IR), a transmembrane tyrosine kinase...
- Myocardial Protein Synthesis After Thermal InjuryCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2005..overproduction of tumor necrosis factor (TNF)a which alters the responsiveness of the heart to insulin-like growth (IGF)-l and growth hormone (GH), To address the questions implicit in this hypothesis, the proposed research has the ..