Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ifng
Description: interferon gamma
Alias: IFNG2, interferon gamma, IFN-gamma
Publications113 found, 100 shown here
- Cholinergic response of isolated rat atria to recombinant rat interferon-gammaE Borda
CEFAPRIN CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Neuroimmunol 32:53-9. 1991..It is suggested that IFN-gamma binding to IFN-gamma receptors in the heart may lead to a cholinergic response by interaction of both receptor systems on the surface of atrial cells...
- Role of IFN-gamma in bacterial containment in a model of intra-abdominal sepsisG Qiu
Department of Cell Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine, Stratford 08084, USA
Shock 16:425-9. 2001..The mechanism of the effect(s) of anti-IFN-gamma is probably by increasing intestinal adhesions to seal the cecum and reduce bacterial movement into the peritoneum...
- MicroRNA-320 expression in myocardial microvascular endothelial cells and its relationship with insulin-like growth factor-1 in type 2 diabetic ratsX H Wang
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:181-8. 2009..Transfection of an miR-320 inhibitor may be a therapeutic approach for the treatment of impaired angiogenesis in diabetes...
- Interferon-γ biphasically regulates angiotensinogen expression via a JAK-STAT pathway and suppressor of cytokine signaling 1 (SOCS1) in renal proximal tubular cellsRyousuke Satou
Department of Physiology and Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
FASEB J 26:1821-30. 2012..Thus, IFN-γ biphasically regulates AGT expression in RPTCs via STAT3 activity modulated by STAT1-SOCS1 axis, suggesting the STAT1-SOCS1 axis is important in IFN-γ-induced activation of the intrarenal renin-angiotensin system...
- Interaction between interferon gamma and insulin-like growth factor-1 in hippocampus impacts on the ability of rats to sustain long-term potentiationFrank O Maher
Trinity College Institute for Neuroscience, Physiology Department, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
J Neurochem 96:1560-71. 2006..The evidence presented suggests that IGF-1 acts to antagonize the IFNgamma-induced microglial activation, the accompanying increase in IL-1beta concentration and the consequent deficit in LTP...
- Higher susceptibility of type 1 diabetic rats to Mycobacterium tuberculosis infectionIsamu Sugawara
Mycobacterial Reference Center, The Research Institute of Tuberculosis, Japan Anti Tuberculosis Association, Tokyo, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 216:363-70. 2008..Taken together, our findings indicate that type 1 diabetic rats are more susceptible to M. tuberculosis that WT rats...
- STAT1/IRF-1 signaling pathway mediates the injurious effect of interferon-gamma on oligodendrocyte progenitor cellsYan Wang
Rush University Medical Center, Department of Neurological Sciences, Multiple Sclerosis Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glia 58:195-208. 2010..The conclusion of this study is that STAT1 and IRF-1 function as components of the signaling pathway that mediates IFN-gamma-induced OPC death...
- Astrocytes stimulate interleukin-17 and interferon-gamma production in vitroDjordje Miljkovic
Department of Immunology, Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, Despota Stefana 142, Belgrade, Serbia
J Neurosci Res 85:3598-606. 2007..These results suggest one more way in which astrocytes could contribute to the complex interactions during CNS inflammation...
- Recombinant human interferon gamma in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: double blind placebo controlled studyK P Machold
Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of Vienna, Austria
Ann Rheum Dis 51:1039-43. 1992b>Interferon gamma (IFN gamma) has been advocated in open studies as a beneficial remission inducing drug for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Treatment of systemic sclerosis with recombinant interferon-gamma. A phase I/II clinical trialB Freundlich
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104
Arthritis Rheum 35:1134-42. 1992A phase I/II trial to examine the safety and efficacy of interferon-gamma (IFN gamma) therapy for patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc).
- Interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) production in vivo in experimental autoimmune uveoretinitisD G Charteris
Institute of Ophthalmology, London, U K
Immunology 75:463-7. 1992..These results indicate that the in vivo production of IFN-gamma within the eye could play a role in the immune regulation of intraocular inflammatory disease...
- In vivo effects of recombinant interferon-gamma: augmentation of endotoxin-induced necrosis of tumors and priming of macrophages for tumor necrosis factor-alpha productionR M Lorence
Department of Surgery, Cook County Hospital, Chicago 60612
Cancer Lett 53:223-9. 1990..These results provide strong evidence that rIFN-gamma can prime macrophages in vivo for TNF-alpha synthesis...
- Serum interferon gamma levels in autoimmune thyroid diseaseS Matsubayashi
Endocrinology Research Laboratory, Wellesley Hospital, University of Toronto
Clin Invest Med 13:271-4. 1990The lymphokine, interferon gamma (IFN gamma) is considered to play an important role in the development of autoimmune thyroid disease (AITD); the main source of IFN gamma has been shown to be CD4 cells when stimulated by soluble antigen...
- Determinants of the immune response in visceral leishmaniasis: evidence for predominance of endogenous interleukin 4 over interferon-gamma productionK Zwingenberger
Landesinstitut fur Tropenmedizin, Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
Clin Immunol Immunopathol 57:242-9. 1990..84). Elevations of serum IgE complement the lymphokine data to indicate prominent TH2 type responses in clinical infections with Leishmania donovani...
- Natural killer cell activity, interferon-gamma and antibodies to herpes viruses in patients with Behçet's diseaseK Hamzaoui
Laboratoire d Immunologie, Faculte de Medecine de Tunis, Tunisia
Clin Exp Immunol 79:28-34. 1990..These findings are discussed in relation to the immunopathogenesis of Behçet's disease...
- In vivo effects of interferon-gamma and anti-interferon-gamma antibody on the experimentally induced lichenoid tissue reactionT Shiohara
Department of Dermatology, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Dermatol 119:199-206. 1988....
- Intrathecal interferon-gamma facilitates the spinal nociceptive flexor reflex in the ratX J Xu
Department of Laboratory Medical Science and Technology, Karolinska Institute, Huddinge, Sweden
Neurosci Lett 182:263-6. 1994..Thus, IFN-gamma released in the CNS may participate in eliciting pain and hyperalgesia in infectious or neuroinflammatory diseases where there is increased production of this cytokine...
- Biphasic effect of interferon-gamma in murine collagen-induced arthritisM C Boissier
INSERM U 283, University René Descarces, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 25:1184-90. 1995..These findings suggest that IFN-gamma may play a critical role during both the induction and the course of CIA, first enhancing the immune response, and then regulating the arthritis process...
- Gene expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha and interferon gamma in the lungs of Mycoplasma pulmonis-infected miceM Nishimoto
Department of Microbiology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 38:345-52. 1994..reproducibility the expressions of messenger RNAs of cytokines, tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) and interferon gamma (IFN gamma) in the lung tissue of M...
- Detection and localization of cytokine immunoreactivity in retro-ocular connective tissue in Graves' ophthalmopathyA E Heufelder
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905
Eur J Clin Invest 23:10-7. 1993..Although various roles have been suggested for interferon-gamma (IFN gamma), tumour necrosis factor-alpha (TNF alpha) and interleukin-1 alpha (IL-1 alpha) in GO, their actual presence in ..
- Regression of intracerebral rat glioma isografts by therapeutic subcutaneous immunization with interferon-gamma, interleukin-7, or B7-1-transfected tumor cellsE Visse
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Lund, Sweden
Cancer Gene Ther 6:37-44. 1999..The present results demonstrate complete regressions when immunizations are initiated shortly after intracranial isografting, when the intracerebral tumor is small...
- Interferon-gamma inhibits experimental renal fibrosisS D Oldroyd
Division of Clinical Sciences NGH, Sheffield Kidney Institute, University of Sheffield, Northern General Hospital, England, United Kingdom
Kidney Int 56:2116-27. 1999..Interferon-gamma inhibits experimental renal fibrosis...
- Proteoglycan expression in bleomycin lung fibroblasts: role of transforming growth factor-beta(1) and interferon-gammaNarayanan Venkatesan
Meakins Christie Laboratories, Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H2X 2P2
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L806-14. 2002..Activation of fibroblasts by TGF-beta(1) promotes abnormal deposition of PGs in fibrotic lungs; downregulation of TGF-beta(1) by IFN-gamma may have potential therapeutic benefits in this disease...
- Exertion of the suppressive effects of IFN-gamma on experimental immune mediated blepharoconjunctivitis in Brown Norway rats during the induction phase but not the effector phaseA Fukushima
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Ophthalmology, Kochi Medical School, Kohasu, Oko cho, Nankoku City, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 86:1166-71. 2002b>Interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) knockout mice exhibit severe allergic conjunctivitis (AC), indicating that IFN-gamma regulates the development of AC...
- Intrasplenic transplantation of syngenic hepatocytes modified by IFN-gamma gene ameliorates hepatic fibrosis in ratsErwei Song
Department of Surgery, Sun Yat Sen Memorial Hospital, Sun Yat sen University of Medical Science, Guangzhou, China
Transpl Int 15:472-8. 2002..study investigated the anti-fibrogenic effects of intrasplenically transplanted hepatocytes modified with interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) gene on cirrhotic rats...
- Decreased availability of intestinal dopamine in transmural colitis may relate to inhibitory effects of interferon-gamma upon L-DOPA uptakeF Magro
Institute of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, Porto, Portugal
Acta Physiol Scand 180:379-86. 2004....
- TSH receptor-adenovirus-induced Graves' hyperthyroidism is attenuated in both interferon-gamma and interleukin-4 knockout mice; implications for the Th1/Th2 paradigmY Nagayama
Department of Medical Gene Technology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 138:417-22. 2004..Moreover, our previous and present observations indicate a difference in the role of exogenous versus endogenous IL-4 in TSHR-adenovirus induced Graves' hyperthyroidism...
- IFN-gamma determines distinct clinical outcomes in autoimmune encephalomyelitisAllen K Wensky
Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Immunol 174:1416-23. 2005....
- Interferon-gamma gene microsatellite polymorphisms in patients with biopsy-proven giant cell arteritis and isolated polymyalgia rheumaticaM A Gonzalez-Gay
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital Xeral Calde, Lugo, Spain
Clin Exp Rheumatol 22:S18-20. 2004..In this study we have examined the potential association of a CA repeat polymorphism in the first intron of the interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) gene with disease susceptibility and clinical expression of these conditions.
- Dominance of high-producing interleukin 6 and low-producing interleukin 10 and interferon gamma alleles in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase-deficient trauma patientsJeffrey S Upperman
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Shock 23:197-201. 2005....
- Functional IFNG polymorphism in intron 1 in association with an increased risk to promote sporadic breast cancerAnjana Saha
National Centre of Applied Human Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, 110067 New Delhi, India
Immunogenetics 57:165-71. 2005..that such genetic background for a proposed non-specific enhancer element with (CA)n repeat within intron 1 of the IFNG gene might put the individuals with this genotype at higher risk to promote the development of sporadic breast ..
- Role of interferon-gamma in a mouse model of allergic conjunctivitisMichael E Stern
Allergan, Irvine, CA, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3239-46. 2005..To characterize the effect of repeated topical exposure to allergen in a mouse model of allergic conjunctivitis and to determine the role of interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) in the pathogenesis of allergic conjunctivitis...
- Expression of TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, and IFN-gamma in Staphylococcus epidermidis slime-positive experimental endophthalmitis is closely related to clinical inflammatory scoresIoannis K Petropoulos
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospitals of Geneva, 22 Alcide Jentzer Street, 1211, Geneva 14, Switzerland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:1322-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to investigate the expression of inflammatory cytokines TNF-alpha, IL-1beta, and IFN-gamma in the vitreous after experimentally induced endophthalmitis by a Staphylococcus epidermidis slime-producing strain...
- Intranasal vaccination of neonatal mice with polysaccharide conjugate vaccine for protection against pneumococcal otitis mediaAlbert Sabirov
Center for Immunology and Microbial Disease, Albany Medical College MC 151, 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Vaccine 24:5584-92. 2006..n. vaccination of neonatal mice in the presence of IL-12 is able to enhance IFN-gamma dependent ME mucosal and systemic immune responses to pneumococci and efficiently protect against both OM and invasive infection...
- A differential association of interferon-gamma high-producing allele T and low-producing allele A (+874 A/T) with Hashimoto's thyroiditis and Graves' diseaseP L Rekha
Immunogenetics Lab, Department of Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Scand J Immunol 64:438-43. 2006..The high IFN-gamma-producing allele T was observed to be associated with Hashimoto's thyroiditis in the present study where as in Graves' hyperthyroidism the association was observed to be stronger with the low producing allele A...
- Response of lymphocyte subsets and cytokines to Shenyang prescription in Sprague-Dawley rats with tongue squamous cell carcinomas induced by 4NQOCanhua Jiang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomatology, Shanghai, China
BMC Cancer 7:40. 2007..The study was designed to investigate immunocompetence in relation to cancer progression in rat and to assess the effect of the traditional Chinese anti-cancer medicine, "Shenyang" prescription, on immunity...
- Children with recurrent otitis show defective IFN gamma-producing cells in adenoidsAntonietta M Avanzini
Laboratori Sperimentali, Area Trapiantologica, Fondazione IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 19:523-6. 2008..Children with recurrent otitis showed a significantly lower percentage of CD8+-producing IFN gamma cells in adenoids than children with <3 otitis per year (p = 0.003)...
- Systemic cytokine response profiles associated with respiratory virus-induced acute otitis mediaJanak A Patel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0371, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:407-11. 2009..Cytokines play a major role in the pathogenesis of AOM, but there are few studies on the systemic cytokine response during AOM...
- Interferon gamma 13-CA-repeat homozygous genotype and a low proportion of CD4(+) lymphocytes are independent risk factors for cytomegalovirus reactivation with a high number of copies in hematopoietic stem cell transplantation recipientsEmilia Jaskula
Ludwik Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experi mental Therapy, Polish Academy of Science, Wroclaw, Poland
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 15:1296-305. 2009..of CD4(+) lymphocytes in blood and a microsatellite polymorphism within the first intron of the interferon-gamma (IFNG) gene...
- IL-2 and IFN-gamma in the retina of diabetic ratsSiv Johnsen-Soriano
Fundacion Oftalmologica del Mediterraneo, Bifurcación Pio Baroja General Avilés, s n 46015, Valencia, Spain
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:985-90. 2010..The aim of this work was to study T-helper cell cytokine and chemokine profiles, and tyrosine nitration in retinal tissue of diabetic rats...
- Multiple sclerosis risk markers in HLA-DRA, HLA-C, and IFNG genes are associated with sex-specific childhood leukemia riskBrittany A Morrison
Genomic Immunoepidemiology Laboratory, HUMIGEN LLC, The Institute for Genetic Immunology, Hamilton, NJ 08690 3303, USA
Autoimmunity 43:690-7. 2010..Likewise, the male-specific protective association of interferon-gamma (IFNG) SNP rs2069727 in MS was replicated with the same sex specificity in childhood ALL (OR = 0.6, 95% CI = 0.4-1...
- Aberrant recruitment and activation of T cells in diabetic nephropathyJu Young Moon
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong, College of Medicine, Kyung Hee University, Seoul, Korea
Am J Nephrol 35:164-74. 2012..Recent evidence has shown that an inflammatory process is involved in the development and progression of diabetic nephropathy. This study examined the impact of activated intrarenal lymphocytes in this inflammatory process...
- Involvement of interferon-gamma genetic variants and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in onset and progression of generalized vitiligoMitesh Dwivedi
1 Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, India
J Interferon Cytokine Res 33:646-59. 2013..IFN-γ) is a paracrine inhibitor of melanocytes and genetic variability due to intron 1 polymorphisms in IFNG has been reported to be associated with increased risk for several autoimmune diseases...
- Proinflammatory cytokines in the embolic model of cerebral ischemia in ratHamid Reza Jafarinaveh
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences, Rafsanjan, Iran
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 13:125-30. 2014..044) were significantly increased compared to sham treated animals. The findings of the present study suggest that part of ischemic injury in the embolic stroke may be mediated through the increased levels of inflammatory cytokines. ..
- New associations: INFG and TGFB1 genes and the inhibitor development in severe haemophilia AJ B de Alencar
Departamento de Análises Clínicas e Biomedicina, Universidade Estadual de Maringa, Maringa, PR
Haemophilia 21:e312-6. 2015..The immunomodulatory cytokine genes have been related to the risk of development of alloantibodies in several studies, mainly in HA with severe form...
- Interferon-γ improves renal interstitial fibrosis and decreases intrarenal vascular resistance of hydronephrosis in an animal modelYi Yao
Oncology Center, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, Wuhan, China
Urology 77:761.e8-13. 2011..To investigate the effect of interferon (IFN)-γ administration on renal interstitial fibrosis (RIF) and intrarenal vascular resistance of diseased kidneys in a reversible unilateral ureteral obstruction (RUUO) animal model...
- A murine model of phosphate nephropathyPhilipp Eller
Department of Internal Medicine I, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Am J Pathol 178:1999-2006. 2011....
- A dual role for the immune response in a mouse model of inflammation-associated lung cancerMichael Dougan
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2436-46. 2011....
- Intrarenal IFN-γ mRNA expression differentiates clinical and subclinical glomerulitis in renal transplant recipientsDavid Buob
Univ Lille Nord de France F 59000, France
Transplantation 92:170-5. 2011..Transplant glomerulitis, characterized by mononuclear cell infiltration of glomeruli, is likely to occur during clinical or subclinical antibody-mediated rejection...
- Effects of interferon on immediate-early mRNA and protein levels in sensory neuronal cells infected with herpes simplex virus type 1 or pseudorabies virusNina Van Opdenbosch
Department of Virology, Parasitology and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Microbiol 152:401-6. 2011..The latter finding indicates that PRV efficiently circumvents IFN-mediated translation inhibition by interfering with phosphorylation of eIF2α...
- PEGylation improves pharmacokinetic profile, liver uptake and efficacy of Interferon gamma in liver fibrosisRuchi Bansal
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Toxicology and Targeting, Graduate School for Drug Exploration GUIDE, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, 9713AV, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Control Release 154:233-40. 2011b>Interferon gamma (IFNγ) is a potent cytokine that displays a variety of anti-viral, anti-proliferative, immunomodulatory, apoptotic and anti-fibrotic functions...
- Preproendothelin-1 expression is negatively regulated by IFNγ during hepatic stellate cell activationTianxia Li
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8887, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G948-57. 2012....
- Interleukin-18 attenuates disruption of brain-blood barrier induced by status epilepticus within the rat piriform cortex in interferon-γ independent pathwayHyung Keon Jung
Department of Emergency Medical Services, Eulji University, Seongnam, Gyeonggi Do, 461 713, South Korea
Brain Res 1447:126-34. 2012..Therefore, our findings suggest that IL-18 may have protective effect on SE-induced BBB disruption in IFN-γ independent mechanism...
- Chemokines play a critical role in the cross-regulation of Th1 and Th17 immune responses in murine crescentic glomerulonephritisHans Joachim Paust
III Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Kidney Int 82:72-83. 2012..This contributes to the observed time-dependent function of these two major pathogenic effector CD4(+) T cell subsets in crescentic glomerulonephritis...
- Gene expression of cytokines (TNF-α, IFN-γ), serum profiles of IL-17 and IL-23 in paediatric systemic lupus erythematosusA Rana
Department of Immunopathology, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, India
Lupus 21:1105-12. 2012....
- Serum and urinary cytokine levels of SLE patientsB Brugos
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Clinical Immunology, University of Debrecen, Hungary
Pharmazie 67:411-3. 2012..012 and p < 0.001), while urinary IFN-gamma was significantly higher in LN patients (p = 0.002). Measurement of IL-6 level in SLE patients could help to predict future renal involvement of SLE patients...
- The association of cytokine gene polymorphism with reflux nephropathyKibriya Fidan
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Nephrology, Gazi University Hospital, Besevler, Ankara 06500, Turkey
J Pediatr Urol 9:653-8. 2013..To identify genetic risk factors for the progression of vesicoureteral reflux (VUR) to reflux nephropathy, we examined polymorphisms of multiple cytokine genes among VUR patients with or without renal scarring...
- Exploration of the correlations between interferon-γ in patient serum and HEPACAM in bladder transitional cell carcinoma, and the interferon-γ mechanism inhibiting BIU-87 proliferationBin Xu
Department of Urology, First Affiliated Hospital and College of Laboratory Medicine, Key Laboratory of Medical Diagnostics of Education Ministry CL, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
J Urol 188:1346-53. 2012..Thus, we probed the mechanism and examined the correlations between interferon-γ in patient serum and HEPACAM in bladder transitional cell carcinoma...
- Isolation of encephalitogenic CD4+ T cell clones in the rat. Cloning methodology and interferon-gamma secretionJ D Sedgwick
Medical Research Council, Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, Oxford, U K
J Immunol Methods 121:185-96. 1989..In an attempt to begin to identify the type of CD4+ T cells that may induce EAE we tested the clones and lines for secreted interferon-gamma by a sensitive ELISA, and showed that all clones secreted high levels of this factor...
- Interferon-gamma-increased adherence of lymphocytes to high endothelial venulesH R Hendriks
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, Medical Faculty, Free University, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunology 68:221-6. 1989..Apparently IFN-gamma induces an additional Mel-14-independent and LFA-1-independent adhesion mechanism on lymphocytes...
- Cloning, expression, and purification of rat IFN-gammaR Dijkema
Methods Enzymol 119:453-64. 1986
- Cloning and expression of the chromosomal immune interferon gene of the ratR Dijkema
EMBO J 4:761-7. 1985..wt. of 18 000 daltons which was not detectable in the growth medium of DHFR+ transformants that did not produce IFN. The product was identified as rat IFN-gamma and constituted approximately 5% of the proteins excreted from these cells...
- Different effects of rat interferon alpha, beta and gamma on rat hepatic stellate cell proliferation and activationHong Shen
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BMC Cell Biol 3:9. 2002..Moreover, it is not clear whether there are any differences among interferon alpha, interferon beta, and interferon gamma in the treatment of liver fibrosis...
- Splenectomy ablates endotoxin-induced IFNgamma response in ratsLucy V Deriy
Department of Pediatrics, Rush Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Shock 17:312-5. 2002..These data suggest a relationship between endotoxin-induced IFNgamma and liver injury. We speculate that the spleen contributes to the endotoxin-induced liver injury by modulating release of IFNgamma...
- IFN-gamma induces transglutaminase 2 expression in rat small intestinal cellsSoo Youl Kim
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Burke Medical Research Institute, White Plains, NY 10605, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 22:677-82. 2002..Our new data suggest that increased TGase 2 expression in the upper small intestine of CD patients may be due to increased IFN-gamma expression, loss of TGF-beta signaling, or both...
- Suppression and augmentation of rat adjuvant arthritis with monoclonal anti-interferon-gamma antibodyI Wiesenberg
Department of Inflammation Bone Allergy, Pharmaceuticals Research Division, Ciba Geigy, Basle, Switzerland
Clin Exp Immunol 78:245-9. 1989..Therapeutic treatment with the MoAb DB-1 starting 8 days after arthritis induction caused only slight and short-lived inhibitory effects. IFN-gamma appears to be a critical lymphokine for the development of adjuvant arthritis...
- SMAD2 and SMAD7 involvement in the post-translational regulation of Muc4 via the transforming growth factor-beta and interferon-gamma pathways in rat mammary epithelial cellsPedro Soto
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33101, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20338-44. 2003..These results suggest that TGF-beta regulates Muc4/SMC expression via the SMAD pathway by a transcriptional effect on a protein in the Muc4/SMC processing step, possibly the protease that cleaves the precursor...
- Interferon gamma repression of collagen (COL1A2) transcription is mediated by the RFX5 complexYong Xu
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine and the Veterans Affairs Boston Healthcare System, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Biol Chem 278:49134-44. 2003b>Interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) plays an important physiological role during inflammation by down-regulating collagen gene expression and activating major histocompatibility II (MHC-II) complex...
- Differential expression and signaling of IFN-gamma in the conjunctiva between Lewis and Brown Norway ratsAtsuki Fukushima
Laboratory of Immunology, Department of Ophthalmology, Kochi Medical School, Nankoku, Kochi 783 8505, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 47:785-96. 2003..The findings demonstrate differential expression of IFN-gamma R and signaling through IFN-gamma in the conjunctiva between the two strains. This may be due to differences in histopathological character between the two strains...
- Circadian rhythms of granzyme B, perforin, IFN-gamma, and NK cell cytolytic activity in the spleen: effects of chronic ethanolAlvaro Arjona
Program of Endocrinology, Center of Alcohol Studies, Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Immunol 172:2811-7. 2004..These findings identify the circadian functions of splenic NK cells and show the vulnerability of these rhythms to chronic ethanol...
- Interferon-gamma induces macrophage migration inhibitory factor synthesis and secretion by tubular epithelial cellsEdwina K Rice
Departments of Nephrology and Medicine, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 8:156-61. 2003..These findings indicate that IFN-gamma induces rapid secretion of MIF by tubular epithelial cells, and suggest that this may be an important mechanism leading to inflammatory cell accumulation and activation during kidney disease...
- JNK signaling involved in the effects of cyclic AMP on IL-1beta plus IFNgamma-induced inducible nitric oxide synthase expression in hepatocytesBaochun Zhang
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 3459 Fifth Ave, NW607, MUH, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Cell Signal 16:837-46. 2004..We conclude that JNK signaling plays an important role in the inhibitory effects of cAMP on IL-1beta+IFNgamma-induced iNOS gene expression in cultured hepatocytes...
- Nordihydroguaiaretic acid inhibits IFN-gamma-induced STAT tyrosine phosphorylation in rat brain astrocytesSae Bom Jeon
Interdisciplinary Course for Neuroscience and Technology, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon 442 721, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:595-600. 2005..Taken together, these results suggest that NDGA regulates IFN-gamma-mediated inflammation through mechanisms unrelated to the inhibition of 5-LO...
- Anti-inflammatory roles of retinoic acid in rat brain astrocytes: Suppression of interferon-gamma-induced JAK/STAT phosphorylationWoo Hyuck Choi
Neuroscience Graduate Program, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon 442 721, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 329:125-31. 2005..SOCS3 may be at least one of the mechanisms that mediate the anti-inflammatory roles of RA...
- Differential regulation of rodent hepatocyte and oval cell proliferation by interferon gammaJohn T Brooling
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Hepatology 41:906-15. 2005..Oval cells constitute a reserve compartment that is activated when hepatocyte proliferation is inhibited. Interferon gamma (IFN-gamma) increases in liver injury that involves oval cell responses, but it is not upregulated during ..
- Circadian oscillations of clock genes, cytolytic factors, and cytokines in rat NK cellsAlvaro Arjona
Endocrinology Program, Center of Alcohol Studies and Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Immunol 174:7618-24. 2005..Moreover, the circadian expression of cytolytic factors and cytokines in NK cells reported in this study emphasizes the circadian nature of NK cell function...
- Effect on expression of RT1-A and RT1-DM molecules of treatment with interferon-gamma at the maternal--fetal interface of pregnant ratsQuan Hong Sun
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
Hum Reprod 20:2639-47. 2005..Recent studies suggest a role for interferon-gamma (IFN-gamma) in the pregnancy process...
- Activation of purified allogeneic CD4(+) T cells by rat bone marrow-derived dendritic cells induces concurrent secretion of IFN-gamma, IL-4, and IL-10Shorena Janelidze
Glioma Immunotherapy Group, The Rausing Laboratory, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Lund, BMC I12, 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Immunol Lett 101:193-201. 2005..Thus, rat BMDCs effectively internalize antigens and stimulate T cell proliferation but fail to induce an unidirectional polarization of T helper (T(H)) cells and in this respect differ from both human and mouse DCs...
- IFN-gamma, produced by NK cells that infiltrate liver allografts early after transplantation, links the innate and adaptive immune responsesHideaki Obara
Division of Transplantation Surgery, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5492, USA
Am J Transplant 5:2094-103. 2005..Furthermore, graft survival was significantly prolonged. These data suggest that IFN-gamma-producing NK cells are an important link between the innate and adaptive immune responses early after transplantation...
- Oligodendrocytes exhibit selective expression of suppressor of cytokine signaling genes and signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 independent inhibition of interferon-gamma-induced toxicity in response to leukemia inhibitory factorB Emery
Multiple Sclerosis Group, The Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Neuroscience 137:463-72. 2006....
- Interferon-gamma is up-regulated in the hippocampus in response to intermittent fasting and protects hippocampal neurons against excitotoxicityJaewon Lee
Department of Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy and Research Institute for Drug Development, Longevity Life Science and Technology Institutes, Pusan National University, Gumjeong gu, Busan, Korea
J Neurosci Res 83:1552-7. 2006....
- The stress protein gp96 is not an activator of resting rat bone marrow-derived dendritic cells, but is a costimulator and activator of CD3+ T cellsShabana Mirza
Immunobiology Research Unit, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences University of Sheffield, L Floor, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Glossop Road, Sheffield S10 2JF, UK
Cell Stress Chaperones 11:364-78. 2006....
- A pivotal role for interleukin-4 in atorvastatin-associated neuroprotection in rat brainRachael M Clarke
Trinity College Institute for Neuroscience, Physiology Department, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Biol Chem 283:1808-17. 2008..We propose that the primary effect of atorvastatin is to increase IL-4, which antagonizes the effects of IFNgamma, the associated increase in microglial activation, and the subsequent cascade of events...
- Activation of innate immunity (NK/IFN-gamma) in rat allogeneic liver transplantation: contribution to liver injury and suppression of hepatocyte proliferationKezhen Shen
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1070-7. 2008..These findings suggest that, compared with syngeneic transplantation, innate immunity (NK/IFN-gamma) is activated after allogeneic transplantation, which likely contributes to liver injury and inhibits hepatocyte proliferation...
- Constitutive expression of IL-18 and IL-18R in differentiated IEC-6 cells: effect of TNF-alpha and IFN-gamma treatmentJirina Kolinska
Institute of Physiology of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
J Interferon Cytokine Res 28:287-96. 2008..However, the addition of IL-18 stimulated production and release of the chemokine IL-8. These data suggest that IEC-6 cells may be not only a source of IL-18 but also a target for its action...
- Protection of IFN-gamma signaling-deficient NOD mice from diabetes by cyclophosphamideYoshiko Mori
Laboratory for Autoimmune Regulation, RIKEN Center for Allergy and Immunology, RIKEN Yokohama Institute, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Int Immunol 20:1231-7. 2008....
- Effect of selenium on pancreatic proinflammatory cytokines in streptozotocin-induced diabetic miceJinhong Zeng
Department of Chemistry, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei 430074, People s Republic of China
J Nutr Biochem 20:530-6. 2009....
- Enhanced integrated stress response promotes myelinating oligodendrocyte survival in response to interferon-gammaWensheng Lin
Department of Neurology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Am J Pathol 173:1508-17. 2008..Thus, our data provide evidence that an enhanced integrated stress response could promote oligodendrocyte survival in immune-mediated demyelination diseases...
- [Effect of garlicin on the serum levels of interleukin 4 and interferon gamma in allergic rhinitis model in rats]Yu Xiao Li
Otorhinolarygology Hospital, First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:447-50. 2008To investigate the effect of garlicin on the levels of interferon gamma (INF-gamma) and interleukin 4 (IL-4) in blood of allergic rhinitis rat model.
- Glycine treatment decreases proinflammatory cytokines and increases interferon-gamma in patients with type 2 diabetesM Cruz
Biochemistry Medical Research Unit, Hospital de Especialidades, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI IMSS, Col Doctores México DF, Mexico City, Mexico
J Endocrinol Invest 31:694-9. 2008..The aim of this study was to determine whether glycine modifies the proinflammatory profiles of patients with Type 2 diabetes...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha and interferon gamma genes polymorphisms and serum levels in pancreatic adenocarcinomaR Talar-Wojnarowska
Department of Digestive Tract Disesases, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Neoplasma 56:56-62. 2009..one of which involves the elevation of the cytokines, such as tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF-alpha) and interferon gamma (INF-gamma)...
- Noncytolytic clearance of sindbis virus infection from neurons by gamma interferon is dependent on Jak/STAT signalingRebeca Burdeinick-Kerr
W Harry Feinstone Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 615 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Virol 83:3429-35. 2009..We conclude that activation of the Jak/Stat pathway is the primary mechanism for IFN-gamma-mediated clearance of SINV infection from mature neurons...
- [Toll-like receptor 4 expression and cytokine secretion in microglial cells induced by IgG stimulation]Rui Wu
College of Veterinary Medicine, Northwest A and F University, Yangling, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 25:201-3. 2009..To investigate the effects of immunoglobulin G (IgG) on the expression of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and secretion of cytokines in microglial cells in vitro...
- Neural stem/progenitor cells differentiate in vitro to neurons by the combined action of dibutyryl cAMP and interferon-gammaTasneem Zahir
Terrence Donnelly Centre for Cellular and Biomolecular Research, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3E1, Canada
Stem Cells Dev 18:1423-32. 2009..These NSPC-derived neurons may be promising for neural regenerative strategies in the CNS...
- [Effect of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 antisense oligodeoxynucleotides on inflammatory mediators, type I and type III collagen mRNA of rat pulmonary fibrosis]Wen Jun Wang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 25:389-92. 2009....
- [The influences of propofol on corticosteroid and immunity of rats after hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation]Xiang Ji
First Central Clinical Hospital of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300192, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 21:278-81. 2009..To observe the influence of propofol on corticosteroid, and cytokines in rats after hemorrhagic shock and resuscitation, as well as its protective effects on vital organs...
- Protective effect of new nitrosothiols on the early inflammatory response to kidney ischemia/reperfusion and transplantation in ratsF Javier García-Criado
Departamento de Cirugia, Facultad de Medicina, Edificio Departamental, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
J Interferon Cytokine Res 29:441-50. 2009..These data demonstrate that systemic administration of new NO-donors with nitrosothiol structure diminished inflammatory responses in a kidney subjected to warm I/R or cold ischemia and transplantation...
- Production of both IL-27 and IFN-gamma after the treatment with a ligand for invariant NK T cells is responsible for the suppression of Th2 response and allergic inflammation in a mouse experimental asthma modelHiroyuki Fujita
RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, Suehiro, Tsurumi, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
J Immunol 183:254-60. 2009..These data indicate that production of both IL-27 and IFN-gamma by the alpha-GalCer treatment is responsible for suppression of the Th2 response and allergic inflammation...
- [Effects of leptin on airway inflammation and the expression of Th1/Th2 cytokines in asthmatic rats]Juan Cao
Department of Pediatrics, Wuxi People s Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi 214023, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 32:171-6. 2009..To investigate the effects of leptin on airway inflammation and the expression of Th1/Th2 cytokines...
- Association of tumor necrosis factor alpha, interferon gamma and interleukin 10 gene polymorphisms with peripheral neuropathy in South Indian patients with type 2 diabetesVenkata Karunakar Kolla
Institute of Genetics and Hospital for Genetic Diseases, Osmania University, Begumpet, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
Cytokine 47:173-7. 2009..three common functional SNPs primarily at the positions on genes of tumor necrosis alpha (TNFalpha) -308G/A, interferon gamma (IFNgamma) +874A/T and interleukin (IL) 10 -1082G/A in order to establish their association with peripheral ..