Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Htr1a
Description: 5-hydroxytryptamine (serotonin) receptor 1A, G protein-coupled
Alias: 5HT1A, RAT5HT1A, 5-HT-1A, 5-HT1A, 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A, serotonin receptor 1A
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Elevated anxiety and antidepressant-like responses in serotonin 5-HT1A receptor mutant miceL K Heisler
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15049-54. 1998..5-HT1A receptor-null mutant mice have potential as a model for investigating mechanisms through which serotonergic systems modulate affective state and mediate the actions of psychiatric drugs...
- Polymorphic variation at the serotonin 1-A receptor gene is associated with comorbid depression and generalized anxietyEsther Molina
CIBERSAM, University of Granada, Section of Psychiatry, Institute of Neurosciences, Biomedical Research Centre CIBM, San Cecilio University Hospital, Granada
Psychiatr Genet 21:195-201. 2011..Previous studies have yielded inconclusive results as to whether the 5-HT1A receptor gene (HTR1A) has a role in the aetiology of MD and no study up to date has analysed this polymorphism on either pure MD or MD ..
- Acetaminophen recruits spinal p42/p44 MAPKs and GH/IGF-1 receptors to produce analgesia via the serotonergic systemJérôme Bonnefont
INSERM U766 Pharmacologie Fondamentale et Clinique de la Douleur, Facultes de Medecine et de Pharmacie, 28 Place Henri Dunant, 63001 Clermont Ferrand, France
Mol Pharmacol 71:407-15. 2007....
- Differential regulation of the serotonin 1 A transcriptional modulators five prime repressor element under dual repression-1 and nuclear-deformed epidermal autoregulatory factor by chronic stressA H Iyo
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience, University of Mississippi Medical Center, School of Medicine, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Neuroscience 163:1119-27. 2009....
- Chronic social defeat downregulates the 5-HT1A receptor but not Freud-1 or NUDR in the rat prefrontal cortexNiamh Kieran
Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior and Center for Psychiatric Neuroscience, University of Mississippi Medical Center, School of Medicine, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Neurosci Lett 469:380-4. 2010....
- Plasticity of presynaptic and postsynaptic serotonin 1A receptors in an animal model of epilepsy-associated depressionEduardo A Pineda
Department of Pediatrics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1752, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 36:1305-16. 2011..Downregulation of postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptors may further exacerbate the severity of epilepsy-associated depression...
- Human cerebrovascular contractile receptors are upregulated via a B-Raf/MEK/ERK-sensitive signaling pathwayHilda Ahnstedt
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Sweden
BMC Neurosci 12:5. 2011..Contractile properties were evaluated in a myograph and protein expression of the individual receptors and activated phosphorylated B-Raf (p-B-Raf) was evaluated immunohistochemically...
- Activation of serotonin 1A receptors in ventrolateral orbital cortex depresses persistent nociception: a presynaptic inhibition mechanismFu Quan Huo
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an, China
Neurochem Int 57:749-55. 2010....
- Cannabinoid administration increases 5HT1A receptor binding and mRNA expression in the hippocampus of adult but not adolescent ratsK Zavitsanou
Life Sciences, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation, Sydney, Australia Schizophrenia Research Institute, Sydney, Australia
Neuroscience 169:315-24. 2010..In the present study, the effects of cannabinoid treatment on serotonin 5HT1A receptor density and mRNA expression were investigated in two age groups: Adolescent (postnatal day 35) and adult (..
- Acute Ca(2+)-dependent desensitization of 5-HT(1A) receptors is mediated by activation of protein kinase A (PKA) in rat serotonergic neuronsY Yao
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, State University of New York, Downstate Medical Center, Box 29, 450 Clarkson Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11203 2098, USA
Neuroscience 169:87-97. 2010..The effect would be expected to have physiological consequences for 5-HT-mediated inhibitory post synaptic potentials and the Ca(2+) component of the action potentials of dr neurons...
- Changes in 5-HT1A receptor expression in the oculomotor nucleus in a rat model of post-traumatic stress disorderDongjuan Liu
Department of Electron Microscopy, College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, 110001, China
J Mol Neurosci 49:360-8. 2013..These results suggest that SPS can induce a change of the 5-HT1AR expression in the oculomotor nucleus, which may be one of the molecular mechanisms that lead to PTSD...
- Increase in the effectiveness of somatodendritic 5-HT-1A receptors in a rat model of tardive dyskinesiaNoreen Samad
Department of Biochemistry, Neurochemistry and Biochemical Neuropharmacology Research Laboratory, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 67:389-97. 2007..The 5-HT-1A agonist may help to alleviate neuroleptic-induced TD...
- 8-Hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino)-tetralin inhibits food intake in fasted rats by an action at 5-HT1A receptorsI S Ebenezer
Neuropharmacology Research Group, School of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England, UK
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 29:269-72. 2007..3 mg/kg). The results of this study show that the acute dose-dependent depressant effect of 8-OH-DPAT on food intake in fasted rats is mediated by an action at 5-HT1A receptors...
- 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors differently modulate AMPA receptor-mediated hippocampal synaptic transmissionL Costa
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Physiology, University of Catania, Italy
Hippocampus 22:790-801. 2012..In this respect, we underline the need for new selective agonists of 5-HT(7) receptors...
- Local modulation of striatal glutamate efflux by serotonin 1A receptor stimulation in dyskinetic, hemiparkinsonian ratsKristin B Dupre
Behavioral Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychology, Binghamton University State University of New York at Binghamton, Binghamton, NY 13902 6000, USA
Exp Neurol 229:288-99. 2011..These findings indicate a novel anti-dyskinetic mechanism of action for 5-HT(1A)R agonists with implications for the improved treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- The existence of FGFR1-5-HT1A receptor heterocomplexes in midbrain 5-HT neurons of the rat: relevance for neuroplasticityDasiel O Borroto-Escuela
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Neurosci 32:6295-303. 2012..Similar results were reached with the FRET technique in HEK293T cells, where TM-V of the 5HT1A receptor was found to be part of the receptor interface...
- Binding thermodynamics of 5-HT1A receptor ligandsA Dalpiaz
Istituto di Farmacologia, Universita di Ferrara, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 312:107-14. 1996..The results are discussed from a quantitative point of view with the aim of obtaining new details on the nature of the forces driving the 5-HT1A binding at a molecular level...
- 5-HT1A receptor-responsive pedunculopontine tegmental neurons suppress REM sleep and respiratory motor activityKevin P Grace
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Neurosci 32:1622-33. 2012..These data indicate that 5-HT(1A) receptor-responsive PPTn neurons normally function to restrain REM sleep by elevating the drive threshold for REM sleep induction, and restrain the expression of respiratory rate and motor activities...
- Whole-cell recordings of inwardly rectifying K+ currents activated by 5-HT1A receptors on dorsal raphe neurones of the adult ratN J Penington
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Sciences, University of Chicago, IL 60637
J Physiol 469:387-405. 1993..8. These results show that in acutely isolated adult DR neurones 5-HT activates an inwardly rectifying K+ current and this involves a PTX-sensitive G-protein in the transduction pathway which may interact with the K+ channel directly...
- Corticosterone strongly increases the affinity of dorsal raphe 5-HT1A receptorsInmaculada Bellido
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Therapeutics, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, MA 29071, Malaga, Spain
Neuroreport 15:1457-9. 2004..Glucocorticoids, by enhancing dorsal raphe 5-HT1A autoreceptor function, may therefore cause reduced 5-HT neuronal activity and thus lead to a depressive state...
- 5HT(1A) and 5HT(1B) receptors of medial prefrontal cortex modulate anxiogenic-like behaviors in ratsJalal Solati
Department of Biology, Karaj Branch, Islamic Azad University, Karaj, Iran
Neurosci Lett 504:325-9. 2011..5, 1, and 2 μg/rat) into the MPFC showed no significant effect. In conclusion, these findings suggest that 5HT(1A) and 5HT(1B) receptors of the MPFC region modulate anxiogenic-like behaviors in rats...
- Involvement of spinal serotonin receptors in electroacupuncture anti-hyperalgesia in an inflammatory pain rat modelYu Zhang
Center for Integrative Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Maryland, 685 W Baltimore Street, MSTF Rm 8 22, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neurochem Res 36:1785-92. 2011..These results show a correlation between EA anti-hyperalgesia and receptor expression. Collectively, the data show that EA activates supraspinal serotonin neurons to release 5-HT, which acts on spinal 5-HT1AR to inhibit hyperalgesia...
- 5-HT1A receptor agonists enhance pyramidal cell firing in prefrontal cortex through a preferential action on GABA interneuronsLaia Lladó-Pelfort
Department of Neurochemistry and Neuropharmacology, IIBB CSIC IDIBAPS, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cereb Cortex 22:1487-97. 2012..This results in pyramidal disinhibition and subsequent downstream excitations of subcortical structures reciprocally connected with PFC, such as midbrain dopaminergic neurons...
- Alterations in serotonin receptors and transporter immunoreactivities in the hippocampus in the rat unilateral hypoxic-induced epilepsy modelSung Jin An
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chunchon, Kangwon Do 200 702, Republic of Korea
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:1245-55. 2011..These findings indicate that alteration of the 5-HT system results in a "diaschisis" pattern, and may contribute to neuronal death and the development of emotional disorders in epileptic patients accompanied by psychological stress...
- 5HT1A receptors inhibit glutamate inputs to cardiac vagal neurons post-hypoxia/hypercapniaOlga Dergacheva
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC 20037, United States
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 179:254-8. 2011..This study examines the role of serotonergic 5HT1A receptors in modulating these excitatory neurotransmissions to CVNs during control conditions, H/H and recovery ..
- 5-HT(1A) and NMDA receptors interact in the rat medial septum and modulate hippocampal-dependent spatial learningElin Elvander-Tottie
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Hippocampus 19:1187-98. 2009..It is proposed that NMDA receptor hypofunction in the septal area may unmask a negative effect of 5-HT(1A) receptor activation on memory, which may be clinically relevant...
- Distribution and localization of 5-HT(1A) receptors in the rat lumbar spinal cord after transection and deafferentationChad K Otoshi
Department of Physiological Science, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095 1606, USA
J Neurotrauma 26:575-84. 2009..Combined, these data demonstrate that the upregulation in 5-HT(1A)R that occurs with spinal cord transection alone is dependent on the presence of sensory input...
- Phrenic nerve activity is enhanced by 5-HT1A receptor agonist 8-OH-DPAT in spontaneously breathing anesthetized ratsM Valic
Department of Neuroscience, University of Split School of Medicine, Split, Croatia
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:17-25. 2008..These results show that stimulation of 5-HT(1A) receptors by intravenous application of 8-OH-DPAT enhances phrenic nerve activity in spontaneously breathing rats...
- The spleen is required for 5-HT1A receptor agonist-mediated increases in mean circulatory filling pressure during hemorrhagic shock in the ratRuslan Tiniakov
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 296:R1392-401. 2009..Moreover, blood mobilization stimulated by the spleen is required for the beneficial effects of 8-OH-DPAT...
- Evidence for topographically organized endogenous 5-HT-1A receptor-dependent feedback inhibition of the ascending serotonin systemKathryn G Commons
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative, and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:2611-8. 2008..swim). Moreover, they reveal that the effect of 5-HT-1A receptor blockade in each case is subregionally organized...
- A genetic rat model of depression, Flinders sensitive line, has a lower density of 5-HT(1A) receptors, but a higher density of 5-HT(1B) receptors, compared to control ratsKyoko Nishi
Department of Neurology and Neurosurgery, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
Neurochem Int 54:299-307. 2009..The data also suggest that there could be a different fraction of 5-HT(1A) receptors in high and low affinity states in these strains, as well as the possibility of different intracellular signalling...
- Estradiol-induced desensitization of 5-HT1A receptor signaling in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus is independent of estrogen receptor-betaDania V Rossi
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 35:1023-33. 2010..Determining the mechanisms by which estrogens induce desensitization may aid in the development of better treatments for mood disorders...
- Serotonin(1A) receptor agonism in the expression of behavioral dopaminergic supersensitivity in subchronic haloperidol treated ratsFarhat Batool
Neurochemistry and Biochemical Neuropharmacology Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Karachi, Karachi 75270, Pakistan
Pak J Pharm Sci 21:411-20. 2008....
- Effects of prenatal ethanol exposure on regulation of basal hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activity and hippocampal 5-HT1A receptor mRNA levels in female rats across the estrous cycleJ H Sliwowska
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, The University of the British Columbia, 2350 Health Sciences Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z3, Canada
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:1111-23. 2008....
- Adaptations in pre- and postsynaptic 5-HT1A receptor function and cocaine supersensitivity in serotonin transporter knockout ratsJudith R Homberg
Hubrecht Institute, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584, CT, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 200:367-80. 2008..While individual differences in vulnerability to psychostimulants have been largely attributed to dopaminergic neurotransmission, the role of serotonin is not fully understood...
- GABAergic modulation is involved in the ventrolateral orbital cortex 5-HT 1A receptor activation-induced antinociception in the ratFu Quan Huo
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases, Ministry of Education, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Xi an Yanta Street, W 76, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Pain 139:398-405. 2008....
- Activation of the serotonergic 5-HT1A receptor in the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus inhibits water intake and increases urinary excretion in water-deprived ratsPatrícia de Souza Villa
Department of Physiology, São Paulo State University at Araraquara, UNESP, Brazil
Regul Pept 150:14-20. 2008..We suggest that antidipsogenic and diuretic responses seem to be mediated via 5-HT(1A) receptors of the lateral-medial posterior magnocellular region of the PVN in water-deprived rats...
- Serotonin neuron-dependent and -independent reduction of dyskinesia by 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptor agonists in the rat Parkinson modelAna Munoz
Neurobiology Unit, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Exp Neurol 219:298-307. 2009....
- Regional differences in 5-HT receptors in cerebral and testicular arterioles of the rat as revealed by Ca2+ imaging of real-time confocal microscopy: variances by artery size and organ specificityKazuki Masu
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, Iwate Medical University, Morioka, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 71:291-302. 2008..Regional differences and the size-dependent manner of responses to 5-HT in cerebral blood vessels also indicate that the regulatory mechanism of blood circulation is highly differentiated in each region of the central nervous system...
- Shifting topographic activation and 5-HT1A receptor-mediated inhibition of dorsal raphe serotonin neurons produced by nicotine exposure and withdrawalRobin Sperling
Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Ave, Enders 307, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Eur J Neurosci 33:1866-75. 2011..The complementary patterns of activation and inhibition suggest that 5-HT1A receptors may help to shape distinct topographic patterns of activation within the DR...
- Activity of 5-HT1A receptor is involved in neuronal apoptosis of the amygdala in a rat model of post-traumatic stress disorderHong Liu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Basic Medical Sciences College, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, P R China
Mol Med Rep 4:291-5. 2011..Our results indicate that SPS induces amygdala neuronal apoptosis, which was partially inhibited by WAY100635, and suggest that this apoptosis may be related to the activity of the 5-HT1A receptor...
- Serotonin 5-HT1A receptors regulate AMPA receptor channels through inhibiting Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent kinase II in prefrontal cortical pyramidal neuronsXiang Cai
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 277:36553-62. 2002..This modulation demonstrates the critical role of CaMKII in serotonergic regulation of PFC neuronal activity, which may explain the neuropsychiatric behavioral phenotypes seen in CaMKII knockout mice...
- Spatial memory alterations by activation of septal 5HT 1A receptors: no implication of cholinergic septohippocampal neuronsJulie Koenig
Laboratoire d Imagerie et de Neurosciences Cognitives, FRE 3289, Universite de Strasbourg CNRS, Institut Fédérératif de Recherche 37 GDR CNRS 2905, 12 rue Goethe, 67000, Strasbourg, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 214:437-54. 2011..If so, selective damage of these neurons should mimic the effects of 8-OH-DPAT, or, at least, synergistically interfere with them...
- Panic disorder and serotonergic genes (SLC6A4, HTR1A and HTR2A): Association and interaction with childhood trauma and parentingCarolina Blaya
Anxiety Disorders Program, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Post Graduate Program in Medical Sciences Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Luiz Manoel Gonzaga, 630 11, 90470 280 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 485:11-5. 2010The aim of this study is to evaluate the association between HTR1A, HTR2A and the 5-HTTLPR in panic disorder (PD) patients and controls...
- Uncontrollable, but not controllable, stress desensitizes 5-HT1A receptors in the dorsal raphe nucleusRobert R Rozeske
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Colorado Boulder, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0354, USA
J Neurosci 31:14107-15. 2011..These data suggest that uncontrollable stressors produce a desensitization of DRN 5-HT(1A) autoreceptors and that this desensitization is responsible for the behavioral consequences of uncontrollable stress...
- Serotonergic modulation of respiratory rhythmogenesis and central chemoreceptionMatthew J Gdovin
Department of Biology at the University of Texas at San Antonio, 78247, USA
Ethn Dis 20:S1-39-44. 2010..We examined the role of serotonin 5HT1A receptors in respiratory rhythmicity and central respiratory chemosensitivity in in vitro brainstem preparations ..
- Differential distribution of 5-HT 1A and 5-HT 1B-like immunoreactivities in rat central nucleus of the amygdala neurones projecting to the caudal dorsomedial medulla oblongataSikha Saha
Division of Cardiovascular and Neuronal Remodelling, Leeds Institute of Genetics, Health and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Brain Res 1330:20-30. 2010....
- Serotonin modulates fast-spiking interneuron and synchronous activity in the rat prefrontal cortex through 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptorsM Victoria Puig
Division of Cerebral Circuitry, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Aichi 444 8787, Japan
J Neurosci 30:2211-22. 2010..These results may provide insight into impaired serotonergic control of network activity in psychiatric illnesses such as schizophrenia and depression...
- Role of serotonergic 5-HT1A and oxytocinergic receptors of the lateral septal area in sodium intake regulationGabriela Maria Pavan de Arruda Camargo
Department of Clinical Analysis, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 209:260-6. 2010..8% NaCl intake. These results show that 5-HT(1A) serotonergic receptors in the LSA, including some that interact with the oxytocinergic system, modulate sodium intake induced by sodium loss in rats...
- Endogenous activation of spinal 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) receptors contributes to the thermoregulatory activation of brown adipose tissueChristopher J Madden
Oregon National Primate Research Center OHSU, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R776-83. 2010....
- Millimolar Mn2+ influences agonist binding to 5-HT1A receptors by inhibiting guanosine nucleotide binding to receptor-coupled G-proteinsSven Parkel
Institute of Chemistry, University of Tartu, Ravila 14a, 50411 Tartu, Estonia
Neurotoxicology 32:25-30. 2011....
- Layer II/III of the prefrontal cortex: Inhibition by the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor in development and stressNathalie M Goodfellow
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurosci 29:10094-103. 2009..These data represent the first examination of functional 5-HT(1A) receptors in layer II/III of the prefrontal cortex during normal development as well as after stress...
- Role of 5-HT receptor mechanisms in sub-chronic PCP-induced reversal learning deficits in the ratSamantha L McLean
Bradford School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, Bradford, West Yorkshire BD7 1DP, UK
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 206:403-14. 2009..5-HT receptor mechanisms have been suggested to mediate improvements in cognition in schizophrenia...
- Investigating the motivational mechanism of altered saline consumption following 5-HT(1A) manipulationMelissa L Caras
Program in Neuroscience, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA 02454, USA
Behav Neurosci 122:407-15. 2008..Overall, the results suggest that 8-OH-DPAT-induced 5-HT hypofunction increases thirst without substantially affecting the palatability of NaCl...
- Immunohistochemical study of the serotonergic neuronal system in an animal model of the mood disorderShuji Iritani
Department of Psychiatry, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Aichi 466 8550, Japan
Exp Neurol 201:60-5. 2006..issues, we immunohistochemically examined vesicle monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2), serotonin receptor type 1a (5HT1a), and serotonin transporter (5HTT) in the hippocampal region of reserpine-treated rats, an animal model of ..
- SB-649915-B, a novel 5-HT1A/B autoreceptor antagonist and serotonin reuptake inhibitor, is anxiolytic and displays fast onset activity in the rat high light social interaction testKathryn R Starr
Schizophrenia and Bipolar Research, Psychiatry Centre of Excellence in Drug Discovery, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park, Essex CM19 5AW, UK
Neuropsychopharmacology 32:2163-72. 2007..In conclusion, SB-649915-B is acutely anxiolytic and reduces the latency to onset of anxiolytic behavior compared to paroxetine in the SI model...
- Involvement of 5-HT1A receptors in passive avoidance learning in intact and ovariectomized female ratsJulia O Fedotova
SV Anichkov Department of Neuropharmacology, Institute of Experimental Medicine of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, St Petersburg, Russia
Acta Physiol Hung 91:185-96. 2004..05) improved PAR in OVX rats and failed to normalize PAR in intact rats with proestrus and estrus. Results of the work specify the involvement of 5-HT1A receptors in the mechanisms of passive avoidance learning in OVX female rats...
- Molecular determinants in the second intracellular loop of the 5-hydroxytryptamine-1A receptor for G-protein couplingNeena Kushwaha
Ottawa Health Research Institute Neuroscience, and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1H 8M5
Mol Pharmacol 69:1518-26. 2006..Thus, the 5-HT1A receptor Ci2 domain determines Gbetagamma specificity and stabilizes Galphai-mediated signaling...
- Differential expression of 5HT-1A, alpha 1b adrenergic, CRF-R1, and CRF-R2 receptor mRNA in serotonergic, gamma-aminobutyric acidergic, and catecholaminergic cells of the rat dorsal raphe nucleusHeidi E W Day
Department of Psychology and Center for Neuroscience, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
J Comp Neurol 474:364-78. 2004..The differential distribution of distinct neurochemical phenotypes lends support to the idea of functional differentiation of the DR...
- 5-HT(1A) receptor subsensitivity in infancy and supersensitivity in adulthood in an animal model of depressionMichal Shayit
Department of Psychology, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Brain Res 980:100-8. 2003..This may contribute to a better understanding of the involvement of the serotonergic system in depression, and lead to pharmacological interventions aiming to modulate 5-HT regulation...
- Activation of 5-hydroxytryptamine 1A receptors suppresses the cardiovascular response evoked from the dorsomedial hypothalamic nucleusJouji Horiuchi
Department of Physiology, Institute for Biomedical Research, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Hypertension 46:173-9. 2005....
- Ontogeny of 5-HT1A receptor expression in the developing hippocampusTushar D Patel
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Medical Science Research Building, Room 508, 635 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 157:42-57. 2005..In recent years, a number of pharmacological studies have suggested a role for the serotonin 1A (5HT1A) receptor subtype in mediating the developmental effects of 5-HT in the hippocampus...
- Acute and chronic administration of the selective 5-HT1A receptor antagonist WAY-405 significantly alters the activity of midbrain dopamine neurons in rats: an in vivo electrophysiological studyYoshio Minabe
Department of Psychiatry and Neurology, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, 431 3192 Shizuoka, Japan
Synapse 50:181-90. 2003..Overall, these results indicate that the antagonism of the 5-HT(1A) receptor significantly alters the activity of midbrain DA neurons in anesthetized rats...
- Decreased 5-HT1A receptor gene expression and 5-HT1A receptor protein in the cerebral cortex and brain stem during pancreatic regeneration in ratsValiya veettil Mohanan
Molecular Neurobiology and Cell Biology Unit, Centre for Neuroscience, Department of Biotechnology, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 682 022, Kerala, India
Neurochem Res 30:25-32. 2005..Our results suggest that the brain 5-HT through 5-HT(1A) receptor has a functional role in the pancreatic regeneration through the sympathetic regulation...
- Calmodulin interacts with the third intracellular loop of the serotonin 5-hydroxytryptamine1A receptor at two distinct sites: putative role in receptor phosphorylation by protein kinase CJustin H Turner
Medical and Research Services of the Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Biol Chem 279:17027-37. 2004..These data suggest that the 5-HT(1A) receptor contains high and moderate affinity CaM binding regions that may play important roles in receptor signaling and function...
- 5-HT1A receptors modulate small-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channelsMorten Grunnet
MFI, Panum Institute, Copenhagen University, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neurosci Res 78:845-54. 2004..We conclude that the activity of SK channels is modulated by activation of serotonergic receptors...
- 5-HT1A, 5-HT2, and GABAB receptors interact to modulate neurotransmitter release probability in layer 2/3 somatosensory rat cortex as evaluated by the paired pulse protocolJosé L Torres-Escalante
Departamento de Neurociencias, Centro de Investigaciones Regionales Dr Hideyo Noguchi de la Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
J Neurosci Res 78:268-78. 2004..When the effect of GABA(B) receptor activation is maximal, however, the influence of 5-HT changes to the opposite direction, inhibiting PP facilitation (increasing glutamate release) through activation of 5-HT(2) receptors...
- 5-HT1A and beta-adrenergic receptors regulate proliferation of rat blood lymphocytesTelésfora Sempere
Laboratorio de Neuroquimica, Centro de Biofisica y Bioquimica, Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Cientificas, Caracas, Venezuela
Neuroimmunomodulation 11:307-15. 2004..Furthermore, endogenous serotonin is relevant in displaying its stimulatory effect...
- Cloning, functional expression, and mRNA tissue distribution of the rat 5-hydroxytryptamine1A receptor geneP R Albert
Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
J Biol Chem 265:5825-32. 1990..9, 3.6, and 3.3 kilobases). These studies represent the first characterization of receptor function and brain distribution of the cloned rat 5-HT1A receptor...
- Effect of neonatal handling on serotonin 1A sub-type receptors in the rat hippocampusA Stamatakis
Department of Basic Sciences, Faculty of Nursing, School of Health Sciences, University of Athens, 123 Papadiamantopoulou str, 11527 Athens, Greece
Neuroscience 140:1-11. 2006....
- Effects of the 5-HT7 receptor antagonist SB-269970 on rat hormonal and temperature responses to the 5-HT1A/7 receptor agonist 8-OH-DPATCéline Faure
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology and Neurochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Claude Bernard Lyon I, France
Neurosci Lett 404:122-6. 2006..5 mg/kg, s.c.)-induced increase of ACTH and corticosterone plasma levels. In conclusion, the present results unveil an additive effect of both 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(7) receptors in core body temperature regulation...
- Activation of 5-HT(1A) receptors attenuates tachycardia induced by restraint stress in ratsSukonthar Ngampramuan
Neuro Behavioural Biology Centre, Institute of Science and Technology for Research and Development, Mahidol University, Salaya Nakron Pathom, Thailand
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 294:R132-41. 2008..Activation of central 5-HT(1A) receptors attenuates this tachycardia by suppressing autonomic effects. At least some of the relevant receptors are located in the medullary raphe-parapyramidal area...
- Attenuating effects of prior oestradiol benzoate priming on 5-HT-mediated lordosis behavior in rats are dose-dependentA Siddiqui
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Acta Physiol Hung 94:209-21. 2007..This offers a comparable effect on lordosis as a result of the two 5-HT agents used...
- Short-term effects of 3,4-methylen-dioxy-metamphetamine (MDMA) on 5-HT(1A) receptors in the rat hippocampusGino Giannaccini
Department of Psychiatry, Neurobiology, Pharmacology and Biotechnology, University of Pisa, Via Bonanno 6, Pisa 56126, Italy
Neurochem Int 51:496-506. 2007..Therefore, our results encourage at extending the study of MDMA biochemical profiles, in the attempt to elucidate those amphetamine-induced pathways with a potential for neurotoxicity or psycho-stimulant activity...
- Mapping of rat chromosome 2 markers generated from chromosome-sorted DNAA Y Deng
Department of Physiology and Molecular Medicine, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo 43699 0008, USA
Mamm Genome 8:731-5. 1997..Combining new and existing markers, the marker density for the 30-cM region approaches, on average, one marker per 1.1 cM...
- Differential regulation of 5-HT1A receptor-G protein interactions in brain following chronic antidepressant administrationJulie G Hensler
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 26:565-73. 2002....
- Serotonin receptor 1A knockout: an animal model of anxiety-related disorderS Ramboz
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, 722 West 168th Street, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14476-81. 1998....
- Expression of serotonin1A and serotonin2A receptors in pyramidal and GABAergic neurons of the rat prefrontal cortexNoemí Santana
Department of Neurochemistry, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques de Barcelona CSIC, IDIBAPS, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cereb Cortex 14:1100-9. 2004..These data help to clarify the role of 5-HT in prefrontal circuits and shed new light to the cellular elements involved in the action of atypical antipsychotics...
- Regional differences in the coupling of 5-hydroxytryptamine-1A receptors to G proteins in the rat brainClotilde Mannoury La Cour
Unité Mixte de Recherche 677, Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Institut Fédératif 70 des Neurosciences, Facultéde Médecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France
Mol Pharmacol 70:1013-21. 2006..Such a disparity in G-protein coupling might explain regional differences in adaptive regulations of brain 5-HT1A receptors...
- Selective heterologous regulation of 5-HT1A receptor-stimulated 35S GTPgammaS binding in the anterior cingulate cortex as a result of 5-HT2 receptor activationM Valdez
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Health Science Center, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
Brain Res 957:174-82. 2002....
- Effects of isolation-rearing on serotonin-1A and M1-muscarinic receptor messenger RNA expression in the hipocampal formation of ratsElaine A Del-Bel
Department of MEF Physiology, School of Odontology, Campus USP, Ribeirao Preto, SP 14040 904, Brazil
Neurosci Lett 332:123-6. 2002..No significant change on M1 mRNA expression was found. These results may reflect up-regulation of 5-HT1A gene transcription in response to deficits in hippocampal serotonin neurotransmission induced by social isolation...
- Tandospirone potentiates the fluoxetine-induced increases in extracellular dopamine via 5-HT(1A) receptors in the rat medial frontal cortexTatsuki Yoshino
Department of Hospital Pharmacy, Jichi Medical School, 3311 Yakushiji, Minamikawachi, Kawachi, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Neurochem Int 40:355-60. 2002....
- Activation of 5-HT1A receptors in raphe pallidus inhibits leptin-evoked increases in brown adipose tissue thermogenesisShaun F Morrison
Neurological Sciences Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 505 NW 185th Avenue, Beaverton, OR 97006, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R832-7. 2004..These results contribute to our understanding of central neural substrates for the augmented energy expenditure stimulated by leptin...
- Stimulation of 5-HT1A or 5-HT2A receptors in the ventrolateral periaqueductal gray causes anxiolytic-, but not panicolytic-like effect in ratsVanessa de Paula Soares
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, CEP 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 197:178-85. 2009..In conclusion, our data show that the activation of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors in the vlPAG affects defensive responses related to generalized anxiety, but not panic disorder...
- Rapid uncoupling of serotonin-1A receptors in rat hippocampus by 17beta-estradiol in vitro requires protein kinases A and CAmy L Mize
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutics, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kans, USA
Neuroendocrinology 76:339-47. 2002..These studies demonstrate that 17beta-estradiol acts on estrogen receptors locally within the hippocampus through nongenomic mechanisms to activate PKA and PKC, phosphorylate 5-HT(1A) receptors and uncouple them from their G proteins...
- Ovariectomy-induced increases in hypothalamic serotonin-1A receptor function in rats are prevented by estradiolDani K Raap
Center for Serotonin Disorders Research, Stritch School of Medicine, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, Ill, USA
Neuroendocrinology 76:348-56. 2002..Results from the present study indicate a supersensitivity of 5-HT(1A) receptors after withdrawal of estradiol and suggest that estradiol suppresses 5-HT(1A) receptor signaling...
- Lamotrigine induced selective changes in 5-HT(1A) receptor mediated response in rat brainK Y Vinod
Department of Neurochemistry, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, P B No 2900, Bangalore 560029, India
Neurochem Int 40:315-9. 2002..These results suggest that one mode of action of LTG may be by the downregulation of cortical 5-HT(1A) receptor-mediated AC response...
- Activation of 5-HT2A/C receptors counteracts 5-HT1A regulation of n-methyl-D-aspartate receptor channels in pyramidal neurons of prefrontal cortexEunice Y Yuen
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Biol Chem 283:17194-204. 2008..These findings provide a framework for understanding the complex interactions between serotonin and NMDARs in PFC, which could be important for cognitive and emotional control in which both systems are highly involved...
- Peripheral 5-HT1A receptors are not essential for increased ventilation evoked by systemic 8-OH-DPAT challenge in anaesthetized ratsMalgorzata Szereda-Przestaszewska
Laboratory of Respiratory Reflexes, PAS Medical Research Center, 5 Pawinskiego Street, 02 106 Warsaw, Poland
Exp Physiol 92:953-61. 2007....
- A search for colocalization of serotonin 5-HT2A and 5-HT1A receptors in the rat medial prefrontal and entorhinal cortices--immunohistochemical studiesK Wedzony
Institute of Pharmacology Polish Academy of Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, Laboratory of Pharmacology and Brain Biostructure, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:229-38. 2008....
- Targeting of the 5-HT1A serotonin receptor to neuronal dendrites is mediated by Yif1BDamien Carrel
Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Site Pitié Salpêtrière, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 70 des Neurosciences, Unité Mixte de Recherche 677, F 75013 Paris, France
J Neurosci 28:8063-73. 2008..This finding opens up new pathways for the study of 5-HT(1A)R regulation by partner proteins and for the development of novel antidepressant drugs...
- Activation of the external urethral sphincter central pattern generator by a 5-HT(1A) receptor agonist in rats with chronic spinal cord injuryPaul C Dolber
Department of Surgery, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 292:R1699-706. 2007..It remains to be determined when phasic relaxation is restored after spinal cord injury, and indeed whether it is ever truly lost or is only temporarily separated from excitatory input...
- Involvement of 5-HT1A receptors in prefrontal cortex in the modulation of dopaminergic activity: role in atypical antipsychotic actionLlorenc Diaz-Mataix
Department of Neurochemistry, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques de Barcelona Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Neurosci 25:10831-43. 2005..This mechanism may be involved in the elevation of extracellular DA produced by atypical antipsychotics...
- Role of 5-HT1A receptors in control of lower urinary tract function in anesthetized ratsChen Li Cheng
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan, ROC
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 298:F771-8. 2010....
- 5-HT1A and 5-HT1B receptor agonists and aggression: a pharmacological challenge of the serotonin deficiency hypothesisSietse F de Boer
Department of Behavioral Physiology, Biological Center, University of Groningen, P O Box 14, 9750 AA Haren, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 526:125-39. 2005....
- 5-HT1A receptor mRNA and immunoreactivity in the rat medial septum/diagonal band of Broca-relationships to GABAergic and cholinergic neuronsM Luttgen
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Chem Neuroanat 29:93-111. 2005..In addition, 5-HT may exert its effects in the MSDB via cells expressing both 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors...
- Stress-induced hyperthermia and basal body temperature are mediated by different 5-HT(1A) receptor populations: a study in SERT knockout ratsJocelien D A Olivier
Department Cognitive Neuroscience Psychoneuropharmacology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pharmacol 590:190-7. 2008..It is concluded that the SERT knockout rat reveals that 5-HT(1A) receptors modulating stress-induced hyperthermia belong to a population of receptors that differs from that involved in hypothermia...
- Role of 5-HT(1A) receptors in the lower brainstem on the cardiovascular response to dorsomedial hypothalamus activationJouji Horiuchi
School of Medical Sciences Physiology and Bosch Institute, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Auton Neurosci 142:71-6. 2008..These observations demonstrate that activation of 5-HT(1A) receptors within the lower brainstem, but not in the RVLM, can powerfully suppress the cardiovascular response evoked from the DMH...
- Role of 5-HT1A receptors in the control of food intake in obese Zucker rats of different agesJ P Voigt
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Freie Universitat Berlin, Koserstr 20, D 14195 Berlin, Germany
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 72:403-9. 2002..The persistently different feeding responses to 8-OH-DPAT in obese Zucker rats and lean controls may be related to changes in brain 5-HT metabolism in the obese Zucker rats...
- Role of peripheral 5-HT1A receptors in detrusor over activity associated with partial bladder outlet obstruction in female ratsShivani Mittra
Department of Pharmacology, NDDR, Ranbaxy Research Laboratories, Plot No 20, Udyog Vihar Industrial Area, Sector 18, Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, India
Eur J Pharmacol 561:189-93. 2007..Taken together, these observations suggest the involvement of peripheral 5-HT(1A) receptors in detrusor over activity associated with bladder outlet obstruction in female rats...
- INTEROCEPTIVE DRUG CUE CONDITIONING OF COCAINE EFFECTSRobert Carey; Fiscal Year: 2002..This research is important for the identification of the ways interoceptive drug cues can activate or inactivate cocaine conditioned stimuli. ..
- 5HT transporter & 1A receptor function in BDNF miceJULIE HENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..Region-specific and age-dependent changes in BDNF protein levels will be determined in selected brain regions of wild-type and BDNF () mice (Aim #3). [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Serotonin Receptor Subtypes: Regulation and InteractionJULIE HENSLER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Studies of the regulation of 5-HT1A receptor function may have important implications for our understanding the role of this receptor in the therapeutic action of drugs used to treat mental illness [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CENTRAL REGULATION OF SYMPATHETIC ACTIVITY TO BROWN FATShaun F Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..