Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hnrnpa2b1
Description: heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1
Alias: Hnrpa2, Hnrpa2b1, hnRNP, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins A2/B1, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein B0a, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein B0b, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein B1, hnRNP A2 / hnRNP B1, hnRNP A2/B1, nuclear ribonucleoprotein particle A2 protein
- hnRNP A2 selectively binds the cytoplasmic transport sequence of myelin basic protein mRNAK S Hoek
Department of Biochemistry, University of Queensland, Australia
Biochemistry 37:7021-9. 1998..by Edman sequencing of tryptic peptides and mass spectroscopy, as heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2, a 36-kDa member of a family of proteins that are primarily, but not solely, intranuclear...
- Expression of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 changes with critical stages of mammalian lung developmentL M Montuenga
Cell and Cancer Biology Department, Medicine Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 19:554-62. 1998..Overexpression of hnRNP A2/B1 correlated with the eventual development of lung cancer in three different clinical cohorts...
- Molecular characterization of the hnRNP A2/B1 proteins: tissue-specific expression and novel isoformsH Kamma
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8575, Japan
Exp Cell Res 246:399-411. 1999b>hnRNP A2/B1 proteins are among the most abundant pre-mRNA-binding proteins of vertebrates and structurally similar to hnRNP A1...
- Mutational analysis of a heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 response element for RNA traffickingT P Munro
Biochemistry Department, The University of Queensland, QLD 4072, Australia
J Biol Chem 274:34389-95. 1999..The heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2 response element (A2RE) is a 21-nucleotide segment of the myelin basic protein mRNA that is necessary and ..
- A molecular mechanism for mRNA trafficking in neuronal dendritesJianguo Shan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Queensland, Queensland 4072, Australia
J Neurosci 23:8859-66. 2003..for oligodendrocyte RNA trafficking, and its cognate trans-acting factor, heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2, in neurons...
- Spatial code recognition in neuronal RNA targeting: role of RNA-hnRNP A2 interactionsIlham A Muslimov
The Robert F Furchgott Center for Neural and Behavioral Science, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, State University of New York, Health Science Center at Brooklyn, USA
J Cell Biol 194:441-57. 2011..These motifs are specifically recognized by heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 (hnRNP A2), a trans-acting factor required for dendritic delivery...
- Multiplexed dendritic targeting of alpha calcium calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II, neurogranin, and activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein RNAs by the A2 pathwayYuanzheng Gao
Neuroscience Program, Department of Molecular Microbial and Structural Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT 06030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:2311-27. 2008..granules and targeted to dendrites by the same cis/trans-determinants (heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein [hnRNP] A2 response element and hnRNP A2) that mediate dendritic targeting of myelin basic protein RNA by the A2 pathway ..
- Neuronal activity induces synaptic delivery of hnRNP A2/B1 by a BDNF-dependent mechanism in cultured hippocampal neuronsGraciano Leal
CNC Center for Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal Department of Life Sciences, University of Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
PLoS ONE 9:e108175. 2014..b>Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 (hnRNP A2/B1) is a trans-acting factor involved in dendritic mRNA trafficking, but how the ..
- Sensitive and specific monoclonal antibody recognition of human lung cancer antigen on preserved sputum cells: a new approach to early lung cancer detectionM S Tockman
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21205
J Clin Oncol 6:1685-93. 1988..Specificity remained at 88%. Recognition of neoplastic antigen expression 2 years in advance of clinical cancer may be a valuable intermediate end point in studies of lung cancer prevention, detection, and therapy...
- Shutdown of achaete-scute homolog-1 expression by heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP)-A2/B1 in hypoxiaMumtaz Kasim
From the Institut für Vegetative Physiologie, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, D 10117 Berlin
J Biol Chem 289:26973-88. 2014..RNA pulldown experiments followed by MALDI/TOF-MS analysis, we identified heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP)-A2/B1 and hnRNP-R as interactors binding directly to the ASCL1 mRNA 5'- and 3'-UTRs and influencing its ..
- Interactions of noncanonical motifs with hnRNP A2 promote activity-dependent RNA transport in neuronsIlham A Muslimov
The Robert F Furchgott Center for Neural and Behavioral Science, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, and Department of Neurology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203The Robert F Furchgott Center for Neural and Behavioral Science, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, and Department of Neurology, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY 11203
J Cell Biol 205:493-510. 2014..interactions of noncanonical RNA motif structures with targeting factor heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2 form the basis for activity-dependent dendritic RNA targeting...
- Mitogenic insulin receptor-A is overexpressed in human hepatocellular carcinoma due to EGFR-mediated dysregulation of RNA splicing factorsHamza Chettouh
Inserm UMR_S 938, Centre de Recherche Saint Antoine UPMC Univ Paris 06, UMR_S 938, Paris, France
Cancer Res 73:3974-86. 2013..but not in normal hepatocytes, by upregulating the expression of the splicing factors CUGBP1, hnRNPH, hnRNPA1, hnRNPA2B1, and SF2/ASF...
- Mutations in prion-like domains in hnRNPA2B1 and hnRNPA1 cause multisystem proteinopathy and ALSHong Joo Kim
Department of Developmental Neurobiology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38120, USA
Nature 495:467-73. 2013..Wild-type hnRNPA2 (the most abundant isoform of hnRNPA2B1) and hnRNPA1 show an intrinsic tendency to assemble into self-seeding fibrils, which is exacerbated by the ..
- Telomere- and telomerase-interacting protein that unfolds telomere G-quadruplex and promotes telomere extension in mammalian cellsFeng Wang
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing 100101, People s Republic of China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:20413-8. 2012..Here, we report the identification of a splice variant of mammalian heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 (hnRNP A2), hnRNP A2*, which binds telomeric DNA and telomerase in vitro...
- Cholinergic-associated loss of hnRNP-A/B in Alzheimer's disease impairs cortical splicing and cognitive function in miceAmit Berson
Department of Biological Chemistry and the Edmond and Lily Safra Center of Brain Science, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Jerusalem, Israel
EMBO Mol Med 4:730-42. 2012..AD entorhinal cortices presented globally impaired exon exclusions and selective loss of the hnRNP A/B splicing factors...
- Proteomic analysis of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia and pancreatic carcinoma in rat modelsLei Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, the Ninth People s Hospital Affiliated to the School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200011, China
World J Gastroenterol 17:1434-41. 2011..To detect the proteomic variabilities of pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasia (PanIN) and pancreatic carcinoma (PC) induced by 7,12-dimethylbenzanthracene (DMBA) in rat models and to identify potential biomarkers...
- The p53 target protein Wig-1 binds hnRNP A2/B1 and RNA Helicase A via RNAMagdalena Prahl
Department of Oncology Pathology, Cancer Center Karolinska, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
FEBS Lett 582:2173-7. 2008..Using co-immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry, we identified two Wig-1-binding proteins, hnRNP A2/B1 and RNA Helicase A, both of which are involved in RNA processing...
- Proteomics analysis identifies molecular targets related to diabetes mellitus-associated bladder dysfunctionElizabeth Yohannes
Case Center for Proteomics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1270-85. 2008..g. Mrlcb and Ly-GDI), in glycolysis (e.g. alpha-enolase and Taldo1), in mRNA processing (e.g. heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1), in inflammatory response (e.g...
- An exonic splicing silencer is involved in the regulated splicing of glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase mRNAWioletta Szeszel-Fedorowicz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
J Biol Chem 281:34146-58. 2006..Thus, an exonic splicing silencer is involved in the inhibition of splicing of a constitutively spliced exon in the G6PD mRNA...
- Landscape of the hnRNP K protein-protein interactomeMichał Mikula
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical Center for Postgraduate Education and Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Warsaw, Poland
Proteomics 6:2395-406. 2006..These observations greatly expanded the view of the landscape of K protein-protein interaction and provide new opportunities to explore signal transduction and gene expression in several subcellular compartments...
- hnRNP A2, a potential ssDNA/RNA molecular adapter at the telomereKim Moran-Jones
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Queensland QLD 4072, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 33:486-96. 2005The heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2 is a multi-tasking protein that acts in the cytoplasm and nucleus...
- RNA trafficking and stabilization elements associate with multiple brain proteinsMark Snee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Queensland, QLD 4072, Australia
J Cell Sci 115:4661-9. 2002..These cis-acting elements bind the trans-acting factors fibroblast ZBP-1 and hnRNP A2, respectively. It is not known whether these elements fulfil other roles in mRNA metabolism...
- Testis- and developmental stage-specific expression of hnRNP A2/B1 splicing isoforms, B0a/bM Matsui
Center for Medical Sciences, Ibaraki Prefectural University of Health Sciences, Ibraki 300 0394, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1493:33-40. 2000..Previously we had found that the splicing isoforms hnRNP B0a/b, from which the ninth exon of the A2/B1 gene is excluded, are abundantly expressed in testis...
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 is a tissue-specific aldosterone target gene with prominent induction in the rat distal colonIván Hernández-Díaz
Department of Physiology and Instituto de Tecnologías Biomédicas, University of La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 304:G122-31. 2013..translational regulation is binding of regulatory proteins to ENaC subunit mRNAs, such as the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 (hnRNP A2/B1)...
- Histochemical mapping of hnRNP A2/B1 in rat brain after ischemia-reperfusion insultsYichen Liu
Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing, China
J Histochem Cytochem 58:695-705. 2010..However, the underlying mechanism is still not fully understood. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2/B1 belongs to a family of RNA-binding proteins that plays a central role in pre-mRNA processing...
- Up-regulation and subcellular localization of hnRNP A2/B1 in the development of hepatocellular carcinomaHuaqing Cui
State Key Laboratory of Proteomics, Beijing Proteome Research Center, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, No 33 Life Science Park Road, Beijing 102206, China
BMC Cancer 10:356. 2010..In our previous work, we screened a single-chain antibody (scFv) N14, which could specifically recognize human HepG2 HCC cells but not human non-cancerous liver LO2 cells. However, the antigen it recognized in the cells remained unknown...
- Deregulated expression of hnRNP A/B proteins in human non-small cell lung cancer: parallel assessment of protein and mRNA levels in paired tumour/non-tumour tissuesGeorgios Boukakis
RNA Processing Program, Institute of Biological Research and Biotechnology, National Hellenic Research Foundation, 48 Vas Constantinou Avenue, 11635 Athens, Greece
BMC Cancer 10:434. 2010Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoproteins (hnRNPs) of the A/B type (hnRNP A1, A2/B1, A3) are highly related multifunctional proteins participating in alternative splicing by antagonising other splicing factors, notably ASF/SF2...
- Activation of Akt is essential for the propagation of mitochondrial respiratory stress signaling and activation of the transcriptional coactivator heterogeneous ribonucleoprotein A2Manti Guha
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3578-89. 2010..These results show that Akt1 is an important regulator of the nuclear transcriptional response to mitochondrial stress...
- The rheumatoid arthritis-associated autoantigen hnRNP-A2 (RA33) is a major stimulator of autoimmunity in rats with pristane-induced arthritisMarkus H Hoffmann
Department of Rheumatology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Immunol 179:7568-76. 2007..proteins, stress proteins, glucose-6-phosphate isomerase, and heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP)-A2 (RA33). IgG and IgM autoantibodies to hnRNP-A2 were detectable in sera of pristane-primed DA...
- Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) E1 binds to hnRNP A2 and inhibits translation of A2 response element mRNAsLinda D Kosturko
Department of Neuroscience, Molecular, Microbial, and Structural Biology, and Biomedical Science Graduate Program, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Mol Biol Cell 17:3521-33. 2006Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2 is a trans-acting RNA-binding protein that mediates trafficking of RNAs containing the cis-acting A2 response element (A2RE)...
- Increased expression of the MBP mRNA binding protein HnRNP A2 during oligodendrocyte differentiationM Maggipinto
Department of Neuroscience, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington
J Neurosci Res 75:614-23. 2004Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) A2, a trans-acting factor that mediates intracellular trafficking of myelin basic protein (MBP) mRNA to the myelin compartment in oligodendrocytes, is most abundant in the nucleus, but ..