Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hif1an
Description: hypoxia-inducible factor 1, alpha subunit inhibitor
Alias: hypoxia-inducible factor 1-alpha inhibitor
- Gene expression profiles in hypoxic preconditioning using cDNA microarray analysis: altered expression of an angiogenic factor, carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 1Wen Jone Chen
Department of Emergency Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University Medical College, Taipei, 100, Taiwan
Shock 24:124-31. 2005..The HIF-1/vEGF/CEACAM-1 pathway might be important for hypoxia-induced angiogenesis in the heart during hypoxic preconditioning...
- FIH-1-Mint3 axis does not control HIF-1 transcriptional activity in nucleus pulposus cellsYuichiro Hirose
J Biol Chem 289:20594-605. 2014....
- The role of the miR-31/FIH1 pathway in TGF-β-induced liver fibrosisJiangfeng Hu
Department of Gastroenterology, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Clin Sci (Lond) 129:305-17. 2015..In conclusion, the miR-31/FIH1 pathway associates with liver fibrosis, perhaps by participation in the TGF-β/Smad3 signalling of HSCs. ..
- Cardioprotective effect of miR-214 in myocardial ischemic postconditioning by down-regulation of hypoxia inducible factor 1, alpha subunit inhibitorD Y Wan
Zhengzhou People and apos s Hospital Department of Cardiology Zhengzhou China
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 61:1-6. 2015..miR—214 and hypoxia inducible factor 1, alpha subunit inhibitor (HIF1AN) were analyzed by real—time quantitative polymerase chain reaction...
- Regulation of oxygen homeostasis by hypoxia-inducible factor 1Gregg L Semenza
Vascular Program, Institute for Cell Engineering, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Physiology (Bethesda) 24:97-106. 2009..HIF-1 also mediates maladaptive responses to chronic continuous and intermittent hypoxia, which underlie the development of pulmonary and systemic hypertension, respectively...
- HIF1α and HIF2α: sibling rivalry in hypoxic tumour growth and progressionBrian Keith
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 12:9-22. 2011..As HIF inhibitors are currently undergoing clinical evaluation as cancer therapeutics, a more thorough understanding of the unique roles performed by HIF1α and HIF2α in human neoplasia is warranted...
- Oxygen sensing in the hypoxic response pathway: regulation of the hypoxia-inducible transcription factorRichard K Bruick
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9152, USA
Genes Dev 17:2614-23. 2003
- Factor inhibiting HIF limits the expression of hypoxia-inducible genes in podocytes and distal tubular cellsJohannes Schödel
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 78:857-67. 2010..Thus, FIH1 appears to be a suppressor of oxygen-dependent genes in the kidney, operating through HIF-dependent and -independent mechanisms...
- Hypoxia and hypoxia-inducible factor-1 target genes in central nervous system radiation injury: a role for vascular endothelial growth factorRobert A Nordal
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 10:3342-53. 2004..Because hypoxia mediates VEGF up-regulation through hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha (HIF1alpha) induction, we studied the relationships of hypoxia, HIF1alpha expression, and expression of VEGF in this damage pathway...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor and nuclear factor kappa-B activation in blood-brain barrier endothelium under hypoxic/reoxygenation stressKen A Witt
Department of Pharmacology, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Arizona 85724, USA
J Neurochem 92:203-14. 2005..These data offer novel avenues in which to alter and/or investigate BBB activity across model systems and to further our understanding of upstream regulators during hypoxia and H/R...
- Age-related changes in adrenomedullin expression and hypoxia-inducible factor-1 activity in the rat lung and their responses to hypoxiaIsabel S S Hwang
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, China
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 62:41-9. 2007..Thus, the HIF-AM pathway may be impaired in the aged lung, and other mechanisms may be present to maintain an AM response to hypoxia...