Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hdac1
Description: histone deacetylase 1
Alias: histone deacetylase 1, HD1
- Hyperoxia arrests alveolar development through suppression of histone deacetylases in neonatal ratsLuchang Zhu
Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Institute for Pediatric Research, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Pediatr Pulmonol 47:264-74. 2012..Our results showed that hyperoxia exposure led to a suppression of the HDAC1/HDAC2 expression and activity, and the overall HDAC activity, as well as arrest of alveolarization, and an ..
- Upregulation and nuclear recruitment of HDAC1 in hormone refractory prostate cancerKalipso Halkidou
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, The Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Prostate 59:177-89. 2004b>Histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) is a co-repressor involved in differentiation and proliferation control. It is upregulated in malignant compared to benign tissue, and targets a number of transcription factors including p53.
- Screening of histone deacetylases (HDAC) expression in human prostate cancer reveals distinct class I HDAC profiles between epithelial and stromal cellsD Waltregny
Metastasis Research Laboratory, Pathology Building, Bat B23, Level 1, CHU Sart Tilman Liege, B 4000 Liege 1, Belgium
Eur J Histochem 48:273-90. 2004..To test this possibility, we have sought to screen the expression profiles of several class I and class II HDACs (HDAC1-8) in DU-145, PC-3 and LNCaP human prostate cancer cell lines as well as in matched malignant and non-malignant ..
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors reduce WB-F344 oval cell viability and migration capability by suppressing AKT/mTOR signaling in vitroPeng Zhang
Organ Transplant Center, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
Arch Biochem Biophys 590:1-9. 2016..In conclusion, this study demonstrates that HDAC inhibitors affect oval cells by suppressing AKT/mTOR signaling. ..
- Abnormal epigenetic modifications in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from patients with alopecia areataM Zhao
Hunan Key Laboratory of Medical Epigenomics, Department of Dermatology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 139 Renmin Middle Road, Changsha, Hunan 410011, China
Br J Dermatol 166:226-73. 2012..Although the exact aetiology is poorly understood, there is evidence to suggest that both genetic and environmental factors are involved in AA pathogenesis...
- Histone deacetylation inhibition in pulmonary hypertension: therapeutic potential of valproic acid and suberoylanilide hydroxamic acidLan Zhao
Centre for Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Experimental Medicine, Imperial College London, Du Cane Rd, London W12 ONN, UK
Circulation 126:455-67. 2012..Little is known about the contribution of histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity to the development of pulmonary arterial hypertension, a condition characterized by profound structural remodeling of pulmonary arteries and arterioles...
- Histone deacetylase-2 is a key regulator of diabetes- and transforming growth factor-beta1-induced renal injuryHyunjin Noh
Hyonam Kidney Laboratory, Soon Chun Hyang University, Seoul, Korea
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F729-39. 2009..These findings suggest that HDAC-2 plays an important role in the development of ECM accumulation and EMT in diabetic kidney and that ROS mediate TGF-beta1-induced activation of HDAC-2...
- Dexamethasone induces a putative repressor complex and chromatin modifications in the CRH promoterDharmendra Sharma
Institute for Aging and Alzheimer s disease, Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center, CBH 469, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Mol Endocrinol 27:1142-52. 2013..Dexamethasone (Dex)-repressed crh expression is associated with glucocorticoid receptor (GR) and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) recruitment to the region of the crh promoter...
- HDAC up-regulation in early colon field carcinogenesis is involved in cell tumorigenicity through regulation of chromatin structureYolanda Stypula-Cyrus
Biomedical Engineering Department, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e64600. 2013..However, the role of HDAC proteins in early colorectal carcinogenesis has not been previously reported. We found HDAC1, HDAC2, HDAC3, HDAC5, and HDAC7 all to be up-regulated in the field of human CRC...
- Phosphorylation of neuronal Lysine-Specific Demethylase 1LSD1/KDM1A impairs transcriptional repression by regulating interaction with CoREST and histone deacetylases HDAC1/2Emanuela Toffolo
Department of Medical Biotechnology and Translational Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Neurochem 128:603-16. 2014..forming a stable core complex with the corepressors corepressor of REST (CoREST) and histone deacetylases (HDAC1/2)...
- Lipopolysaccharide induces up-regulation of TGF-α through HDAC2 in a rat model of bronchopulmonary dysplasiaWensi Ni
Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 9:e91083. 2014..Results showed that LPS exposure led to a suppression of both HDAC1 and HDAC2 expression and activity, induced TGF-α expression, and disrupted alveolar morphology...
- Downregulation of HDAC1 is involved in the cardiomyocyte differentiation from mesenchymal stem cells in a myocardial microenvironmentDong feng Lu
Department of Cardiology and Sino US Cardiovascular Research Center, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
PLoS ONE 9:e93222. 2014..However, the role of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) in this directed differentiation process remains unclear...
- Loss of histone deacetylase Hdac1 disrupts metabolic processes in intestinal epithelial cellsAlexis Gonneaud
Département d Anatomie et Biologie Cellulaire, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Pavillon de recherche appliquée sur le cancer, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec J1E 4K8, Canada
FEBS Lett 589:2776-83. 2015..Nuclear-located Hdac1 is a regulator of intestinal homeostasis...
- Uteroplacental insufficiency affects epigenetic determinants of chromatin structure in brains of neonatal and juvenile IUGR ratsX Ke
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84158, USA
Physiol Genomics 25:16-28. 2006..Despite these differences, caloric, fat, and protein content were similar in breast milk from Con and IUGR dams. We conclude that IUGR results in postnatal changes in cerebral chromatin structure and that these changes are sex specific...
- Baicalin ameliorates neuropathic pain by suppressing HDAC1 expression in the spinal cord of spinal nerve ligation ratsChen Hwan Cherng
Department of Anesthesiology, Tri Service General Hospital and National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
J Formos Med Assoc 113:513-20. 2014..In the present study, we examined the effect of baicalin on the antinociceptive effect of morphine and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) expression in the spinal cord dorsal horn in neuropathic pain rats.
- Histone deacetylase 1/2 mediates proliferation of renal interstitial fibroblasts and expression of cell cycle proteinsMaoyin Pang
Department of Medicine, Brown University School of Medicine, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Cell Biochem 112:2138-48. 2011..In this study, we further examined the role of HDACs, in particular, HDAC1 and HDAC2, in proliferation of cultured rat renal interstitial fibroblasts (NRK-49F) and expression of cell cycle ..
- HDAC1 nuclear export induced by pathological conditions is essential for the onset of axonal damageJin Young Kim
Graduate Program in Neuroscience at the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:180-9. 2010b>Histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) is a nuclear enzyme involved in transcriptional repression...
- Histone deacetylases 1 and 3 but not 2 mediate cytokine-induced beta cell apoptosis in INS-1 cells and dispersed primary islets from rats and are differentially regulated in the islets of type 1 diabetic childrenM Lundh
Center for Medical Research Methodology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetologia 55:2421-31. 2012..All 11 classical HDACs (HDAC1-11) are found in the pancreatic beta cell, and HDAC inhibitors (HDACi) protect beta cells from inflammatory ..
- Selective histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibition imparts beneficial effects in Huntington's disease mice: implications for the ubiquitin-proteasomal and autophagy systemsHaiqun Jia
Department of Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Hum Mol Genet 21:5280-93. 2012We previously demonstrated that the histone deacetylase (HDAC) inhibitor, 4b, which preferentially targets HDAC1 and HDAC3, ameliorates Huntington's disease (HD)-related phenotypes in different HD model systems...
- Lipopolysaccharide induces epididymal and testicular antimicrobial gene expression in vitro: insights into the epigenetic regulation of sperm-associated antigen 11e geneBarnali Biswas
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Hyderabad, P O Central University, Hyderabad, 500046, Andhra Pradesh, India
Immunogenetics 65:239-53. 2013..LPS-induced antimicrobial gene expression involved NF-kB activation and decreased levels of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and DNA methyltransferase (DNMT), all of which possibly allow antimicrobial gene transcription...
- Prenatal caffeine ingestion induces aberrant DNA methylation and histone acetylation of steroidogenic factor 1 and inhibits fetal adrenal steroidogenesisJie Ping
Department of Pharmacology, Basic Medical School of Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China Research Center of Food and Drug Evaluation, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Toxicology 321:53-61. 2014..These effects may contribute to the inhibition of the expression of SF-1 and its associated steroidogenic enzymes and the production of corticosterone during fetal development...
- Class I histone deacetylase-mediated repression of the proximal promoter of the activity-regulated cytoskeleton-associated protein gene regulates its response to brain-derived neurotrophic factorMamoru Fukuchi
From the Department of Biological Chemistry, Graduate School of Medicine and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Toyama, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama 930 0194, Japan and
J Biol Chem 290:6825-36. 2015..effect of TSA was mediated by the region from -1027 to -1000 bp, to which serum response factor (SRF) and HDAC1 bound. The binding of HDAC1 to this region was reduced by TSA...
- The expression of histone deacetylase 4 is associated with prednisone poor-response in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaBernd Gruhn
Jena University Hospital, Children s Clinic, Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Jena, Germany
Leuk Res 37:1200-7. 2013..Expression of HDAC1-11 was determined in 93 primary ALL and eight healthy donor samples...
- Promoter decommissioning by the NuRD chromatin remodeling complex triggers synaptic connectivity in the mammalian brainTomoko Yamada
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Neuron 83:122-34. 2014..Our findings define NuRD-dependent promoter decommissioning as a developmentally regulated programming mechanism that drives synaptic connectivity in the mammalian brain. ..
- Exposure to caregiver maltreatment alters expression levels of epigenetic regulators in the medial prefrontal cortexJennifer Blaze
Department of Psychology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, United States
Int J Dev Neurosci 31:804-10. 2013..levels of several genes important in regulating DNA methylation patterns (Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, MeCP2, Gadd45b, and Hdac1)...
- Pubertal supplementation of lipotropes in female rats reduces mammary cancer risk by suppressing histone deacetylase 1Kyongshin Cho
Department of Animal Sciences, North Dakota State University, 1300 Albrecht Avenue, Fargo, ND, 58102, USA
Eur J Nutr 53:1139-43. 2014..However, the effects of pubertal supplementation of lipotropes in breast cancer remain largely unknown...
- The nucleosome remodeling and deacetylase complex in development and diseaseJeannine Basta
Department of Internal Medicine, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri John Cochran Division, VA St Louis Health Care System, St Louis, Missouri
Transl Res 165:36-47. 2015..Recent genetic and biochemical studies have elucidated the mechanisms of NuRD action in modifying the chromatin landscape. These advances have the potential to lead to new therapeutic approaches to birth defects and cancer. ..
- Histone deacetylase expression in white matter oligodendrocytes after strokeHaifa Kassis
Department of Neurology, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Neurochem Int 77:17-23. 2014..immunohistochemistry analysis revealed that stroke substantially increased the number of NG2+OPCs with nuclear HDAC1 and HDAC2 immunoreactivity and cytoplasmic HDAC4 which were associated with augmentation of proliferating OPCs, as ..
- Knockdown of the HDAC1 promotes the directed differentiation of bone mesenchymal stem cells into cardiomyocytesDong feng Lu
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
PLoS ONE 9:e92179. 2014..Our recent study has demonstrated that the expression of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) is decreased in bone mesenchymal stem cells (BMSCs) during their differentiation into ..
- Significance of DNA methyltransferase-1 and histone deacetylase-1 in pancreatic cancerWei Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, P R China
Oncol Rep 21:1439-47. 2009..to examine expression levels of two critical enzymes, DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT1) and histone deacetylase-1 (HDAC1), by immunohistochemistry (IHC) in human pancreatic cancer and precancerous lesions: 20 foci containing normal ..
- Members of the NuRD chromatin remodeling complex interact with AUF1 in developing cortical neuronsCheol Lee
Neuroscience Program, School of Medicine, USUHS, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2909-19. 2008..Moreover, AUF1 is coexpressed with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and metastasis-associated protein 2 (MTA2), members of the nucleosome remodeling and histone ..
- Development of type 2 diabetes following intrauterine growth retardation in rats is associated with progressive epigenetic silencing of Pdx1Jun H Park
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Department of Medicine, and Institute for Diabetes, Obesity, and Metabolism, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 118:2316-24. 2008..IUGR state was characterized by loss of USF-1 binding at the proximal promoter of Pdx1, recruitment of the histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and the corepressor Sin3A, and deacetylation of histones H3 and H4...
- Delta FosB mediates epigenetic desensitization of the c-fos gene after chronic amphetamine exposureWilliam Renthal
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
J Neurosci 28:7344-9. 2008..DeltaFosB desensitizes c-fos expression by recruiting histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) to the c-fos gene promoter, which, in turn, deacetylates surrounding histones and attenuates gene ..
- Histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 are highly expressed in prostate cancer and HDAC2 expression is associated with shorter PSA relapse time after radical prostatectomyW Weichert
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Br J Cancer 98:604-10. 2008..Class I HDAC isoforms were strongly expressed in the majority of the cases (HDAC1: 69.8%, HDAC2: 74%, HDAC3: 94.8%)...
- Differential modulation of the oligodendrocyte transcriptome by sonic hedgehog and bone morphogenetic protein 4 via opposing effects on histone acetylationMuzhou Wu
Department of Neuroscience, Friedman Brain Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Neurosci 32:6651-64. 2012..Pharmacological treatment or silencing of histone deacetylase 1 (Hdac1) or histone deacetylase 2 (Hdac2) in OPCs did not affect BMP4-dependent astrogliogenesis, while it ..
- Quantitation of HDAC1 mRNA expression in invasive carcinoma of the breast*Zhenhuan Zhang
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Medical School, Nagoya City University Hospital, Kawasumi 1, 467 8601, Nagoya, Japan
Breast Cancer Res Treat 94:11-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to determine the expression of the HDAC1 gene in malignant human breast tissue and to correlate our observations with available clinical information...
- Transcriptional silencing of the death gene BNIP3 by cooperative action of NF-kappaB and histone deacetylase 1 in ventricular myocytesJames Shaw
Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre Rm 3016, 351 Tache Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R2H 2A6
Circ Res 99:1347-54. 2006..BNIP3 is transcriptionally silenced by NF-kappaB through a mechanism that involves the cooperative actions of HDAC1. Activation of the NF-kappaB signaling pathway in ventricular myocytes suppressed basal and hypoxia-inducible ..
- Histone deacetylase-1 (HDAC1) is a molecular switch between neuronal survival and deathFarah H Bardai
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas 75080, USA
J Biol Chem 287:35444-53. 2012Both neuroprotective and neurotoxic roles have previously been described for histone deacetylase-1 (HDAC1)...
- Modes of p53 regulationJan Philipp Kruse
Institute for Cancer Genetics, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 1130 St Nicholas Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cell 137:609-22. 2009..To reconcile these differences, we propose that antirepression, the release of p53 from repression by factors such as Mdm2 and MdmX, is a key step in the physiological activation of p53...
- Combination of proteasome and HDAC inhibitors for uterine cervical cancer treatmentZhenhua Lin
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:570-7. 2009..Here, we examine the hypothesis that inhibition of proteasome function and HDAC activity would synergistically and specifically trigger cervical cancer cell death by the interruption of E6 and E7 signaling...
- Prostaglandin F2alpha suppresses rat steroidogenic acute regulatory protein expression via induction of Yin Yang 1 protein and recruitment of histone deacetylase 1 proteinQiyuan Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Endocrinology 148:5209-19. 2007..The StAR promoter region bound by YY1 was also associated with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)...
- Signal-dependent repression of DUSP5 by class I HDACs controls nuclear ERK activity and cardiomyocyte hypertrophyBradley S Ferguson
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:9806-11. 2013..These findings define unique roles for class I HDACs and DUSP5 as integral components of a regulatory signaling circuit that controls cardiac hypertrophy...
- Expression of class I histone deacetylases indicates poor prognosis in endometrioid subtypes of ovarian and endometrial carcinomasWilko Weichert
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Neoplasia 10:1021-7. 2008..Therefore, we tested the hypothesis whether high-level expression of class 1 HDACs (HDAC1, 2, and 3) is associated with clinically distinct subsets of ovarian and endometrial carcinomas...
- Drug-induced inactivation or gene silencing of class I histone deacetylases suppresses ovarian cancer cell growth: implications for therapyDineo Khabele
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Meharry Medical College, Nashville, Tennessee 37208, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:795-801. 2007..Taken together, the present studies offer several novel findings that have direct relevance for the strategic use of inhibitors that target Class I HDACs, particularly HDAC3, in the treatment of ovarian cancer...
- Urocortin modulates dopaminergic neuronal survival via inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase-3β and histone deacetylaseHsin Yi Huang
Department of Research, Neuro Medical Scientific Center, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital, Hualien 970, Taiwan, ROC
Neurobiol Aging 32:1662-77. 2011..These results suggest that dopaminergic neuron-derived UCN might be involved in an autocrine protective signaling mechanism...
- Regulation of C/EBPdelta-dependent transactivation by histone deacetylases in intestinal epithelial cellsNaomie Turgeon
Département d Anatomie et Biologie Cellulaire, Faculte de Medecine et des Sciences de la Sante, Universite de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada J1H 5N4
J Cell Biochem 103:1573-83. 2008..b>HDAC1, HDAC3, and HDAC4 were expressed in intestinal epithelial cells, as determined by Western blot...
- DeltaNp73 modulates nerve growth factor-mediated neuronal differentiation through repression of TrkAJin Zhang
Center for Comparative Oncology, 2128 Tupper Hall, University of California at Davis, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3868-80. 2007..Furthermore, we found that histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and HDAC2 are recruited by DeltaNp73 to the TrkA promoter and act as corepressors to suppress TrkA ..
- Oxidative stress regulates IGF1R expression in vascular smooth-muscle cells via p53 and HDAC recruitmentMary M Kavurma
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Cambridge, Box 110, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Biochem J 407:79-87. 2007..Oxidative stress also increased the association of p53 with HDAC1 (histone deacetylase 1)...
- Clinically relevant concentrations of valproic acid modulate melatonin MT(1) receptor, HDAC and MeCP2 mRNA expression in C6 glioma cellsBora Kim
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, HSC 4N77, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 589:45-8. 2008..The ability of clinical concentrations of valproic acid to significantly alter melatonin MT(1) receptor expression, suggests a role for this receptor in the diverse neuropharmacological and oncostatic effects of this agent...
- Regulation of neuron survival and death by p130 and associated chromatin modifiersDavid X Liu
Department of Pathology, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, New York 10032, USA
Genes Dev 19:719-32. 2005..for repression of pro-apoptotic genes is E2F4, and that the p130-E2F4 complex recruits the chromatin modifiers HDAC1 and Suv39H1 to promote gene silencing and neuron survival...
- The thyroid hormone-regulated corepressor hairless associates with histone deacetylases in neonatal rat brainGregory B Potter
Kennedy Krieger Research Institute and Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:2547-60. 2002..The striking correlation of Hr expression with brain regions, cell types, and developmental stages influenced by TH, together with its function as a corepressor, suggests Hr is a key mediator of TH action in developing brain...
- HDAC4 and PCAF bind to cardiac sarcomeres and play a role in regulating myofilament contractile activityMahesh P Gupta
Department of Surgery, Committee on Molecular Medicine, Biological Science Division, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10135-46. 2008..These studies provide the first evidence that HATs and HDACs play a role in regulation of muscle contraction...
- Induction of a novel histone deacetylase 1/c-Myc/Mnt/Max complex formation is implicated in parity-induced refractoriness to mammary carcinogenesisYoichiro Matsuoka
Second Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi, Osaka 570 8506, Japan
Cancer Sci 99:309-15. 2008..parous mammary glands coincided with the upregulation of Mnt, a Myc-suppressor, and the formation of histone deacetylase 1/Mnt/Max complexes that unexpectedly contained c-Myc...
- The extinction of morphine-induced conditioned place preference by histone deacetylase inhibitionRu Wang
Department of Pharmacy, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Ba Qiao District, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
Neurosci Lett 483:137-42. 2010..Our increasing understanding of these epigenetic mechanisms will provide key answers to basic processes in drug addiction and hopefully provide insight into designing improved treatments for drug addiction...
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors decrease cocaine but not sucrose self-administration in ratsPascal Romieu
INSERM, U575, Centre de Neurochimie, 67084 Strasbourg, France, Institut Fédératif de Recherche 37 Neurosciences, 67085 Strasbourg, France
J Neurosci 28:9342-8. 2008..Together, the data show that epigenetic regulation of gene transcription in adult brain is able to influence a motivated behavior and suggest that HDAC inhibition may counteract the neural sensitization leading to drug dependence...
- The HDAC inhibitor, sodium butyrate, stimulates neurogenesis in the ischemic brainHyeon Ju Kim
Molecular Neurobiology Section, Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1363, USA
J Neurochem 110:1226-40. 2009....
- Valproic acid induces functional heat-shock protein 70 via Class I histone deacetylase inhibition in cortical neurons: a potential role of Sp1 acetylationZoya Marinova
Molecular Neurobiology Section, National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1363, USA
J Neurochem 111:976-87. 2009....
- Transcriptional repression by REST: recruitment of Sin3A and histone deacetylase to neuronal genesY Huang
Department of Pharmacology and Biochemistry, Cell and Developmental Biology Graduate Program, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Nat Neurosci 2:867-72. 1999..These results identify a general mechanism for controlling the neuronal expression pattern of a specific set of genes via the RE1 silencer element...
- Histone deacetylase-1 is enriched at the platelet-derived growth factor-D promoter in response to interleukin-1beta and forms a cytokine-inducible gene-silencing complex with NF-kappab p65 and interferon regulatory factor-1Mary Y Liu
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales 2052, Australia
J Biol Chem 284:35101-12. 2009..Thus, HDAC-1 is enriched at the PDGF-D promoter in cells exposed to IL-1beta and forms a cytokine-inducible gene-silencing complex with p65 and IRF-1...
- Alpha-Myosin Heavy Chain Gene Repression & Heart FailureMahesh Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2004..The PI will also analyze the physiological significance of PNRB in alpha-MHC expression in a while heart preparation, and on the contractile characteristics of a failing heart. ..
- Histone deacetylases in pathogenesis of heart failureMahesh Gupta; Fiscal Year: 2007..This would then provide new insights into pathogenesis of heart failure and in turn might well help devise novel therapeutic strategies for managment of heart failure in the future. ..