Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hcrtr1
Description: hypocretin receptor 1
Alias: Hctr1, orexin receptor type 1, hypocretin (orexin) receptor 1, hypocretin receptor type 1, ox-1-R, ox1-R, ox1r
- Orexins and orexin receptors: a family of hypothalamic neuropeptides and G protein-coupled receptors that regulate feeding behaviorT Sakurai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75235 9050, USA
Cell 92:573-85. 1998..prepro-orexin mRNA level is up-regulated upon fasting, suggesting a physiological role for the peptides as mediators in the central feedback mechanism that regulates feeding behavior...
- Physiological regulation and NO-dependent inhibition of migrating myoelectric complex in the rat small bowel by OXAM Ehrström
Division of Surgery, Danderyd Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G688-95. 2003..Naive rats were given a bolus of the orexin receptor-1 (OX1R) antagonist (SB-334867-A; 10 mg/kg), and the effect of both OXA and SB-334867-A on fasting motility was studied...
- Orexin-A promotes Glu uptake by OX1R/PKCα/ERK1/2/GLT-1 pathway in astrocytes and protects co-cultured astrocytes and neurons against apoptosis in anoxia/hypoglycemic injury in vitroQing Shu
Department of Pharmacy, Ninth Hospital of Xi an, No 151 South Second Ring Road East, Xi an, 710054, Shaanxi, China
Mol Cell Biochem 425:103-112. 2017..However, these effects were significantly weakened by treatment with orexin-A receptor 1 (OX1R) antagonist...
- Orexins/hypocretins stimulate accumulation of inositol phosphate in primary cultures of rat cortical neuronsJolanta B Zawilska
Institute for Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Lodowa 106, PL 93 232 Łódź, Poland
Pharmacol Rep 65:513-6. 2013..They signal through two G protein-coupled receptors: OX1R and OX2R...
- Hindbrain orexin 1 receptors influence palatable food intake, operant responding for food, and food-conditioned place preference in ratsKristen Kay
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Box 3064301, Tallahassee, FL, 32306 4301, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 231:419-27. 2014Brain orexin 1 receptors (OX1Rs) are involved in food-motivated behavior. Most research has focused on forebrain OX1R populations, but hindbrain OX1Rs affect feeding. We hypothesized that hindbrain OX1Rs affect the reward value of food.
- Central orexin inhibits reflex swallowing elicited by the superior laryngeal nerve via caudal brainstem in the ratMotoi Kobashi
Department of Oral Physiology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama 700 8525, Japan Electronic address
Physiol Behav 130:6-12. 2014..These results suggest that orexin-A inhibits reflex swallowing via orexin-1 receptors situated in the commissural part of the NTS and/or its vicinity. ..
- Orexin A protects cells from apoptosis by regulating FoxO1 and mTORC1 through the OX1R/PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in hepatocytesShu Jing Ju
Department of Endocrinology, First Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning 110001, P R China
Int J Mol Med 34:153-9. 2014..They signal through two G-protein‑coupled receptors (GPCR): orexin receptor 1 (OX1R) and orexin receptor 2 (OX2R)...
- Role of orexin/hypocretin in conditioned sucrose-seeking in female ratsAngie M Cason
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Basic Science Building 406, 173 Ashley Avenue, MSC 510, Charleston, SC 29425, USA Electronic address
Neuropharmacology 86:97-102. 2014....
- Orexin-1 receptor antagonist in central nucleus of the amygdala attenuates the acquisition of flavor-taste preference in ratsSeveriano Risco
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Campus de Cartuja, Universidad de Granada, 18071 Granada, Spain
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 126:7-12. 2014..demonstrated that the intracerebroventricular administration of SB-334867-A, a selective antagonist of orexin OX1R receptors, blocks the acquisition of saccharin-induced conditioned flavor preference (CFP) but not LiCl-induced ..
- Orexin excites rat inferior vestibular nuclear neurons via co-activation of OX1 and OX 2 receptorsLei Yu
State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology and Department of Biological Science and Technology, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Mailbox 426, 22 Hankou Road, Nanjing, 210093, China
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 122:747-55. 2015....
- Changes and overlapping distribution in the expression of CB1/OX1-GPCRs in rat hippocampus by kainic acid-induced status epilepticusFei Zhu
Department of Neurology, Chinese PLA General Hospital, No 28, FuXing Road, Beijing 100853, China
Brain Res 1597:14-27. 2015..The overlapping distribution of CB1 and OX1 in the hippocampus indicates that they may form a heterodimer to exert their effect in epilepsy. ..
- Changes in hippocampal orexin 1 receptor expression involved in tooth pain-induced learning and memory impairment in ratsRamin Raoof
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, Neuroscience Research Center, Institute of Neuropharmacology, Kerman University of Medical Sciences, Kerman, Iran
Neuropeptides 50:9-16. 2015..Meanwhile, reversed changes took place in the ibuprofen-pretreated group (p < 0.05). It seems that decrease in orexin 1 receptor density and signaling could be involved in tooth pain-induced learning and memory impairment...
- Orexin-1 receptor signalling in the prelimbic cortex and ventral tegmental area regulates cue-induced reinstatement of ethanol-seeking in iP ratsRobyn Mary Brown
Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
Addict Biol 21:603-12. 2016..These findings suggest that OX1 receptors located in the prelimbic cortex and ventral tegmental area are part of a circuit driving cue-mediated ethanol-seeking behaviour. ..
- Wake-promoting actions of median nerve stimulation in TBI-induced coma: An investigation of orexin-A and orexin receptor 1 in the hypothalamic regionYing Jun Zhong
Department of Rehabilitation, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Nanchang, Jiangxi 330006, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:4441-7. 2015..The expression levels of orexin‑A and orexin receptor‑1 (OX1R) in the hypothalamus were examined using immunohistochemistry, western blotting and an enzyme‑linked ..
- A pivotal role for enhanced brainstem Orexin receptor 1 signaling in the central cannabinoid receptor 1-mediated pressor response in conscious ratsBadr Mostafa Ibrahim
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27858, United States
Brain Res 1622:51-63. 2015Orexin receptor 1 (OX1R) signaling is implicated in cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) modulation of feeding...
- Upregulation of orexin receptor in paraventricular nucleus promotes sympathetic outflow in obese Zucker ratsJing Jing Zhou
Department of Physiology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei 050017, China Department of Critical Care, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neuropharmacology 99:481-90. 2015..Microinjection of orexin 1 receptor (OX1R) antagonist SB334867 into the PVN reduced basal arterial blood pressure (ABP) and renal sympathetic nerve activity (..
- Developmental changes in the hypothalamic mRNA levels of prepro-orexin and orexin receptors and their sensitivity to fasting in male and female ratsTakeshi Iwasa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Tokushima University Graduate School, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan Electronic address
Int J Dev Neurosci 46:51-4. 2015..The developmental changes in the hypothalamic mRNA levels of pp-prexin and the orexin receptors OX1R and OX2R and their sensitivity to fasting were evaluated in both male and female rats...
- Role of orexin-1 receptor mechanisms on compulsive food consumption in a model of binge eating in female ratsLaura Piccoli
GlaxoSmithKline, Medicines Research Centre, Verona, Italy
Neuropsychopharmacology 37:1999-2011. 2012....
- Evidence for the role of hindbrain orexin-1 receptors in the control of meal sizeEric M Parise
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 4301, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 301:R1692-9. 2011..Therefore, hindbrain orexin-A may increase food intake, in part, by reducing the ability of rats to respond to amylin during a meal...
- Orexin-1 receptor mediation of cocaine seeking in male and female ratsLuyi Zhou
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 340:801-9. 2012..weight 250-300 g) and female (initial weight 175-225 g) Sprague-Dawley rats by using the orexin-1 receptor (OX1R) antagonist 1-(2-methylbenzoxazol-6-yl)-3-[1,5]naphthyridin-4-yl urea (SB-334867) (10-30 mg/kg)...
- Orexin / hypocretin 1 receptor antagonist reduces heroin self-administration and cue-induced heroin seekingRachel J Smith
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Eur J Neurosci 35:798-804. 2012..These results indicate that orexin antagonism reduces heroin self-administration, and they support a role for orexin in cue-triggered drug relapse...
- Expression and role of receptor 1 for orexins in seminiferous tubules of rat testisLoredana Assisi
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cell Tissue Res 348:601-7. 2012Orexins (OxA and OxB) and their receptors (Ox1R and Ox2R), originally detected in the hypothalamus, have also been localized in multiple cerebral areas and peripheral organs...
- Orexin A suppresses the growth of rat C6 glioma cells via a caspase-dependent mechanismKaja Biegańska
Institute for Medical Biology, Polish Academy of Sciences, 93 232 Lodz, Poland
J Mol Neurosci 48:706-12. 2012..In addition to that, a parallel increase in caspase-3 activity was observed. It is suggested that stimulation of orexin receptors induces death of rat C6 glioma cells through activation of caspase pathway...
- Expression of orexin A and its receptor 1 in the rat epididymisSimona Tafuri
Department of Biological Structures, Functions and Technologies, University of Naples Federico II, Via F Delpino 1, 80137 Naples, Italy
Regul Pept 155:1-5. 2009..It binds with the high affinity G-protein-coupled orexin receptor 1 (OX1R)...
- The role of orexin-1 receptors in physiologic responses evoked by microinjection of PgE2 or muscimol into the medial preoptic areaDaniel E Rusyniak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Neurosci Lett 498:162-6. 2011....
- [Expression of orexin receptor 1 in rat pancreatic tissue with alimentary obesity]Lei Tian
Department of Endocrinology, First Clinical Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 91:409-11. 2011..To identify the presence of orexin receptor 1 (OXR1) in obese rat pancreas and clarify its effect and mechanism on body weight and metabolic index in obese rats...
- Knockdown of orexin type 1 receptor in rat locus coeruleus increases REM sleep during the dark periodLichao Chen
Research Service, VA Boston Healthcare System, and Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Brockton, MA 02301, USA
Eur J Neurosci 32:1528-36. 2010..The results indicate that a modest knockdown of OxR1 is sufficient to induce observable sleep changes. Moreover, orexin neurons, by acting on OxR1 in the LC, play a role in the diurnal gating of REM sleep...
- Orexin-1 receptor mediates long-term potentiation in the dentate gyrus area of freely moving ratsEsmaeil Akbari
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences, Sari, Iran
Behav Brain Res 216:375-80. 2011..and orexin B act as endogenous ligands for two G-protein coupled receptors called orexin-1 and orexin-2 receptors (OX1R and OX2R). In the dentate gyrus (DG) region, OX1R, which has high affinity for orexin A, is expressed...
- Antagonism of orexin type 1 receptors in the locus coeruleus attenuates signs of naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal in ratsHossein Azizi
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, PO Box 14115 331, Tehran, IR, Iran
Neurosci Lett 482:255-9. 2010..These results suggest that activation of OXR1 in the LC might be involved in the expression of withdrawal signs in morphine dependent rats...
- Nicotine self-administration in the rat: effects of hypocretin antagonists and changes in hypocretin mRNAMark G LeSage
Minneapolis Medical Research Foundation, 914 S 8th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 209:203-12. 2010..The hypocretin (hcrt) system has been implicated in addiction-relevant effects of several drugs, but its role in nicotine dependence has been little studied...
- Orexin-1 receptor co-localizes with pancreatic hormones in islet cells and modulates the outcome of streptozotocin-induced diabetes mellitusErnest Adeghate
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
PLoS ONE 5:e8587. 2010..This study examined the pattern of distribution of orexin-1 receptor (OX1R) in the endocrine cells of the pancreas of normal and diabetic Wistar (a model of type 1 diabetes), Goto-Kakizaki (..
- Orexin receptor subtype activation and locomotor behaviour in the ratW K Samson
Department of Pharmacological and Physiological Science, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63131, USA
Acta Physiol (Oxf) 198:313-24. 2010..We describe here the ability of orexin to increase locomotor behaviours and identify the importance of both receptor subtypes in these actions...
- Orexin A/hypocretin-1 selectively promotes motivation for positive reinforcersStephanie L Borgland
Ernest Gallo Clinic and Research Center, Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Neurosci 29:11215-25. 2009....
- Gonadal steroids modulated hypocretin/orexin type-1 receptor expression in a brain region, sex and daytime specific mannerPatricia Silveyra
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental CONICET, Argentina
Regul Pept 158:121-6. 2009..Sexual steroids modulate the orexinergic system and the anatomical regions, hormones and times of the day all have to be considered when the roles of orexins, and probably other peptides, are under consideration...
- Orexin/hypocretin signaling at the orexin 1 receptor regulates cue-elicited cocaine-seekingRachel J Smith
Department of Neurosciences, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 5100, USA
Eur J Neurosci 30:493-503. 2009....
- Dorsomedial pontine neurons with descending projections to the medullary reticular formation express orexin-1 and adrenergic alpha2A receptor mRNADenys V Volgin
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neurosci Lett 459:115-8. 2009..Our data suggest that ORX and adrenergic pathways converge on a subpopulation of cells of the pontine REM sleep-triggering region that have descending projections to the medullary region important for the motor control during REM sleep...
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons coexpress orexin 1 receptor immunoreactivity and receive direct contacts by orexin fibersRebecca E Campbell
Department of Neuroscience, Oregon National Primate Research Center, Beaverton, Oregon 97006, USA
Endocrinology 144:1542-8. 2003..Together, these data suggest that Y4 receptor modulation of LH release is likely to be indirect through orexin cell bodies and that orexin modulates GnRH neurons directly via OX-R1...
- Orexin A modulates mitral cell activity in the rat olfactory bulb: patch-clamp study on slices and immunocytochemical localization of orexin receptorsAlexandre B Hardy
Laboratoire de Neurosciences et Systèmes Sensoriels, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 5020, Universite Claude Bernard, 50 avenue Tony Garnier, 69366 Lyon Cedex 07, France
Endocrinology 146:4042-53. 2005..Our results provide data that should allow us to better understand neural communication and regulation mechanisms between the hypothalamic feeding centers and the olfactory bulb...
- Opposite effects of sleep rebound on orexin OX1 and OX2 receptor expression in rat brainVânia D'Almeida
Department of Psychobiology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 136:148-57. 2005..study examined the effects of sleep deprivation (SD) and sleep recovery on the expression of orexin 1 receptors (OX1R) and orexin 2 receptors (OX2R) throughout the brain...
- Evidence that orexins A and B stimulate insulin secretion from rat pancreatic islets via both receptor subtypesKrzysztof W Nowak
Department of Animal Physiology and Biochemistry, August Cieszkowski University of Agriculture, 60 637 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 15:969-72. 2005..66 or 26.4 mmol/l), with orexin A being more potent than orexin B. This study demonstrates that orexins A and B modulate insulin secretion in vitro...
- The diurnal rhythm of hypocretin in young and old F344 ratsFrank Desarnaud
West Roxbury Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Mass 02132, USA
Sleep 27:851-6. 2004..In young rats and monkeys, levels of HCRT-1 are highest at the end of the wake-active period and lowest toward the end of the sleep period. However, the effects of age on the diurnal rhythm of HCRT-1 are not known...
- Ultrastructure of orexin-1 receptor immunoreactivities in the spinal cord dorsal hornJian Lian Guan
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Peptides 25:1307-11. 2004The ultrastructural properties of orexin 1-receptor-like immunoreactive (OX1R-LI) neurons in the dorsal horn of the rat spinal cord were examined using light and electron microscopy techniques...
- Orexin 1 receptor messenger ribonucleic acid expression and stimulation of testosterone secretion by orexin-A in rat testisM L Barreiro
Department of Cell Biology, Physiology and Immunology, University of Cordoba, 14004 Cordoba, Spain
Endocrinology 145:2297-306. 2004..Overall, our data are suggestive of a novel site of action of orexins in the control of male reproductive axis...
- Orexin receptor type-1 couples exclusively to pertussis toxin-insensitive G-proteins, while orexin receptor type-2 couples to both pertussis toxin-sensitive and -insensitive G-proteinsYun Zhu
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 92:259-66. 2003..pathways of orexin receptors were examined using a nerve-like cell line transfected with orexin receptor type-1 (OX1R) and orexin receptor type-2 (OX2R)...
- Evidence implicating a role for orexin-1 receptor modulation of paradoxical sleep in the ratM I Smith
Neurology CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park North, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex, UK, CM19 5AW
Neurosci Lett 341:256-8. 2003..Orexin-A administration reduced the amount and increased the latency to onset of PS. SB-334867-A reversed this effect of orexin-A. The present study demonstrates that the OX(1)R also has a role in orexinergic sleep modulation...
- Orexins stimulate glucocorticoid secretion from cultured rat and human adrenocortical cells, exclusively acting via the OX1 receptorAgnieszka Ziolkowska
Department of Histology and Embryology, Poznan School of Medicine, PL 60781 Poznan, Poland
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 96:423-9. 2005....
- Gonadal steroids differentially regulate the messenger ribonucleic acid expression of pituitary orexin type 1 receptors and adrenal orexin type 2 receptorsOlaf Jöhren
Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Clinic Lübeck, D 23538 Lubeck, Germany
Endocrinology 144:1219-25. 2003....
- Localization of orexins and their receptors in the rat olfactory system: possible modulation of olfactory perception by a neuropeptide synthetized centrally or locallyMonique Caillol
Laboratoire de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Récepteurs et Communication Cellulaire, INRA, 78352, Jouy en Josas, France
Brain Res 960:48-61. 2003..They suggest a possible modulation of olfactory perception by these neuropeptides...
- Orexin-1 receptor immunoreactivity in chemically identified target neurons in the rat hypothalamusRyusuke Suzuki
Department of Anatomy, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8555, Japan
Neurosci Lett 324:5-8. 2002..Strong orexin receptor 1 (OX1R) immunoreactivity was detected in the hypothalamus including the arcuate, ventromedial, and tuberomammillary nuclei ..
- The SK-N-MC cell line expresses an orexin binding site different from recombinant orexin 1-type receptorHeike A Wieland
Division of Preclinical Research, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG, Biberach, Germany
Eur J Biochem 269:1128-35. 2002..Amino acid prediction of this A -->G change results in an isoleucine --> valine substitution at the protein level, which may provide evidence for an editing process...
- Orexin receptor-1 (OX-R1) immunoreactivity in chemically identified neurons of the hypothalamus: focus on orexin targets involved in control of food and water intakeMatilda Bäckberg
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Neurosci 15:315-28. 2002..The results support the idea that orexins have important actions on hypothalamic neurons that control food intake and fluid balance, but also that orexins may regulate other neuroendocrine systems...
- Hypocretin/orexin, sleep and narcolepsyM Hungs
Stanford Center for Narcolepsy, Department of Psychiatry Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University Medical Center, Palo Alto, CA 94305 5485, USA
Bioessays 23:397-408. 2001..Two known receptors, Hcrtr1 and Hcrtr2, have been reported...
- To eat or to sleep? Orexin in the regulation of feeding and wakefulnessJ T Willie
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 75390 9050, USA
Annu Rev Neurosci 24:429-58. 2001....
- The role of spinal orexin-1 receptors in posterior hypothalamic modulation of neuropathic painY Jeong
Kyunghee University, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul, Korea, ROK
Neuroscience 159:1414-21. 2009..These data are suggestive that stimulating the PH produces antinociception in a neuropathic pain model and that the antinociceptive effect is mediated in part by orexin-1 receptors in the spinal cord dorsal horn...
- Elevated hypothalamic orexin signaling, sensitivity to orexin A, and spontaneous physical activity in obesity-resistant ratsJ A Teske
Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota, Saint Paul, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R889-99. 2006..that DR rats have greater: 1) basal SPA, 2) orexin A-induced SPA, and 3) preproorexin, orexin 1 and 2 receptor (OX1R and OX2R) mRNA, compared with DIO rats...
- Functional inactivation of orexin 1 receptors in CA1 region impairs acquisition, consolidation and retrieval in Morris water maze taskEsmaeil Akbari
Neuroscience Research Center and Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Shaheed Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Behav Brain Res 173:47-52. 2006..the effect of pre-training, post-training and pre-probe trial intrahippocampal CA1 administration of a selective OX1R the orexin 1 receptor antagonist SB-334867-A (1.5, 3, 6 microg/0...
- CSF orexin A concentrations and expressions of the orexin-1 receptor in rat hippocampus after cardiac arrestKenji Dohi
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, School of Medicine, Showa University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Neuropeptides 40:245-50. 2006..changes in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) orexin-A concentration and the expression of the orexin-1 receptor (OX1R) in the rat hippocampus after global ischemia-reperfusion (5 min cardiopulmonary arrest), which is known to induce ..
- Role of dorsal vagal motor nucleus orexin-receptor-1 in glycemic responses to acute versus repeated insulin administrationSachin Paranjape
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, 356 Sugar Hall, 580 University Avenue, The University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA 71209, USA
Neuropeptides 41:111-6. 2007....
- Study of orexins signal transduction pathways in rat olfactory mucosa and in olfactory sensory neurons-derived cell line Odora: multiple orexin signalling pathwaysTatiana Gorojankina
Unité de Neurobiologie de l Olfaction et de la Prise Alimentaire, UMR1197 INRA Université Paris 11, Equipe Récepteurs et Communication Chimique, CRJ, Domaine de Vilvert, 78352 Jouy en Josas Cedex, France
Regul Pept 141:73-85. 2007..They signal through two G-protein-coupled receptors: orexin receptor 1 and 2 (Ox1R and Ox2R)...
- The neural circuit of orexin (hypocretin): maintaining sleep and wakefulnessTakeshi Sakurai
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Basic Medical Science, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8575, Japan
Nat Rev Neurosci 8:171-81. 2007..The orexin (hypocretin) system regulates sleep and wakefulness through interactions with systems that regulate emotion, reward and energy homeostasis...
- Food-induced expression of orexin receptors in rat duodenal mucosa regulates the bicarbonate secretory response to orexin-AMagnus W Bengtsson
Dept of Neuroscience, Division of Physiology, Uppsala University, BMC, PO Box 572, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 293:G501-9. 2007..05). We conclude that stimulation of secretion by orexin-A may involve both receptor types and is independent of cholinergic pathways. Intestinal OX receptors and secretory responses are markedly related to food intake...
- Both orexin receptors are expressed in rat ovaries and fluctuate with the estrous cycle: effects of orexin receptor antagonists on gonadotropins and ovulationPatricia Silveyra
Instituto de Biología y Medicina Experimental Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Técnicas, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E977-85. 2007..Two new receptor antagonists reduced proestrous gonadotropins and/or ova number while producing ovarian structural changes...
- Cultured rat calvarial osteoblast-like cells are provided with orexin type 1 receptorsAgnieszka Ziolkowska
Department of Histology and Embryology, School of Medicine, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, PL 60781 Poznan, Poland
Int J Mol Med 20:779-82. 2007..This novel finding suggests that rat osteoblasts could be a target for circulating orexin-A, especially during their early stages of differentiation into mature osteoblasts...
- Differential effects of the hypocretin 1 receptor antagonist SB 334867 on high-fat food self-administration and reinstatement of food seeking in ratsS G Nair
Behavioral Neuroscience Branch, NIDA IRP NIH DHHS, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Br J Pharmacol 154:406-16. 2008..However, the role of these receptors in operant food self-administration or relapse to food seeking in animal models is unknown...
- Insular hypocretin transmission regulates nicotine rewardJonathan A Hollander
Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute, Jupiter, FL 33458, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19480-5. 2008....
- Short food deprivation inhibits orexin receptor 1 expression and orexin-A induced intracellular calcium signaling in acutely isolated duodenal enterocytesMagnus W Bengtsson
Department of Neuroscience, Division of Physiology, Uppsala University, BMC, PO Box 593, SE 751 23 Uppsala, Sweden
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 296:G651-8. 2009..extracted from pellets of enterocytes and reverse transcribed to cDNA, and expression of orexin receptors 1 and 2 (OX1R and OX2R) was measured by quantitative real-time PCR...
- Role of the ventromedial hypothalamic orexin-1 receptors in regulation of gastric Acid secretion in conscious ratsA Eliassi
Neuroscience Research Centre and Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Shahid Beheshti University, Medical Campus, Tehran, Iran
J Neuroendocrinol 21:177-82. 2009..The orexin receptors are distributed within the hypothalamus, and expression of orexin-1 receptors (OX1R) is greatest in the anterior hypothalamus and ventromedial nucleus...
- The role of orexin A in the control of prolactin and growth hormone secretions in sheep--in vitro studyE Molik
Department of Sheep and Goat Breeding, Biotechnology and Genomic Laboratory, Agricultural University, Krakow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:91-100. 2008..We conclude that the secretion of PRL and GH from the ovine pituitary gland is negatively responsive to orexin A during SD; whereas orexin may stimulate PRL and GH secretion during LD...
- Orexinergic Pathways in Central Autonomic ControlWILLIS SAMSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PHYSIOLOGY OF THE PROLACTIN RELEASING PEPTIDESWillis K Samson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, these studies will provide further insight into the coordinated hormonal and autonomic responses to stress. ..