Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Hba1
Description: hemoglobin, alpha 1
Alias: HBAM, Hba-a1, Hba-a2, hemoglobin subunit alpha-1/2, alpha-1/2-globin, hemoglobin alpha 1 chain, hemoglobin alpha, adult chain 1, hemoglobin alpha, adult chain 2, hemoglobin alpha-1/2 chain
- Proteomic analysis of cerebral synaptosomes isolated from rat model of alzheimer's diseaseHuiyun Yang
Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Indian J Exp Biol 49:118-24. 2011..Alpha-2-globin chain has not been shown to be associated with AD. PPIaseA and cofilin-1 protein are correlated with cell apoptosis and signaling. The altered proteins identified may help to understand the pathogenesis of AD...
- Translational regulation of human papillomavirus type 16 E7 mRNA by the peptide SEQIKA, shared by rabbit alpha(1)-globin and human cytokeratin 7Darja Kanduc
CARSO Cancer Research Center, Valenzano, Regione Puglia, Italy
J Virol 76:7040-8. 2002..The in vitro data were confirmed by the occurrence of HPV16 E7 mRNA-cytokeratin 7 binding in squamous cervical cancer SiHa cells...
- Hb Luxembourg [alpha 24(B5) Tyr----His]: a new unstable variantP Groff
Division d Hématologie, Laboratoire National de Santé, Luxembourg
Hemoglobin 13:429-36. 1989....
- Increased oxygen affinity with normal heterotropic effects in hemoglobin Loire [alpha 88(F9)Ala----Ser]F Baklouti
CNRS UA 1171, Faculte de Medecine Grange Blanche, Lyon, France
Eur J Biochem 177:307-12. 1988..The functional properties of Hb Loire may be explained by a slight displacement of some key residues of the C-terminal region of the alpha chain destabilizing the T structure...
- Initiation codon mutation as a cause of alpha thalassemiaM Pirastu
J Biol Chem 259:12315-7. 1984..The mutation is detectable in genomic DNA by restriction analysis with the enzyme NcoI. Of the seven Sardinian patients with nondeletion alpha thalassemia screened with this enzyme, six had the initiation codon lesion...
- Hb Aghia Sophia [alpha62(E11)Val-->0 (alpha1)], an "in-frame" deletion causing alpha-thalassemiaJ Traeger-Synodinos
First Department of Pediatrics Aghia Sophia Children Hospital Athens University, Greece
Hemoglobin 23:317-24. 1999..The final result is an alpha-thalassemia phenotype rather than an unstable hemoglobin syndrome. This conclusion is supported by the apparent absence of an abnormal alpha chain in the peripheral blood of the patient...
- Hyperunstable hemoglobin Toyama [alpha 2 136(H19)Leu----Arg beta 2]: detection and identification by in vitro biosynthesis with radioactive amino acidsY Ohba
Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
Hemoglobin 11:539-56. 1987..The son, who also produced the abnormal alpha chain, was essentially free from hemolytic manifestation. His red cells were microcytic and showed an alpha/beta synthetic ratio of over 2...
- Identification of the molecular genetic defect of patients with methemoglobin M-Kankakee (M-Iwate), alpha87 (F8) His --> Tyr: evidence for an electrostatic model of alphaM hemoglobin assemblyA Ameri
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology and the Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Blood 94:1825-6. 1999....
- Two new rat alpha-globin sequences as identified by the conserved region PCRV M Lam
Department of Biochemistry, University of Hong Kong
Hemoglobin 17:363-71. 1993..Data of these amplified sequence constructs showed that two new rat alpha-globin specific sequences have been identified. Southern hybridization confirmed the presence of these sequences in the rat genome...
- Neurons express hemoglobin alpha- and beta-chains in rat and human brainsFranziska Richter
Department of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Comp Neurol 515:538-47. 2009..Thus, hemoglobin chains are expressed in neurons and are regulated by treatments that affect mitochondria, opening up the possibility that they may play a novel role in neuronal function and response to injury...
- Hemopressin: a novel bioactive peptide derived from the alpha1-chain of hemoglobinCamila Squarzoni Dale
Laboratorio de Fisiopatologia, Instituto Butantan, Sao Paulo, SP 05503 900, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 100:105-6. 2005..These findings suggest that this peptide may have important regulatory physiological actions in vivo...
- Evidence of hemoglobin binding to arsenic as a basis for the accumulation of arsenic in rat bloodMeiling Lu
Department of Chemistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2G3, Canada
Chem Res Toxicol 17:1733-42. 2004..The techniques and approaches described can be applied to the studies of arsenic interactions with other functional proteins...
- Glutamine synthetase, hemoglobin alpha-chain, and macrophage migration inhibitory factor binding to amyloid beta-protein: their identification in rat brain by a novel affinity chromatography and in Alzheimer's disease brain by immunoprecipitationR Oyama
Department of Neuropathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1479:91-102. 2000..Our results suggest that these binding proteins also associate with Abeta, leading to the clearance or the accumulation of Abeta and the neuronal cell damage in human brain...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of two sets of alpha-theta genes in the rat alpha-like globin gene clusterH Satoh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113, Japan
Gene 230:91-9. 1999..These results indicate that the two gene regions investigated are not allelic variants, but may be generated by block duplication. This is the first report of the existence of rodent theta-globin genes...
- Purification and characterization of fatty acid-binding proteins from brown adipose tissue of the ratA K Dutta-Roy
Division of Biochemical Sciences, Rowett Research Institute, Aberdeen, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1169:73-9. 1993..Further studies are required to elucidate the precise function of the two different isoforms of FABP in brown adipose tissue...
- Rat haemoglobin heterogeneity. Two structurally distinct alpha chains and functional behaviour of selected componentsL M Garrick
Biochem J 149:245-58. 1975..Both the haemolysate and the two haemoglobins showed an alkaline Bohr effect larger than that of human haemoglobin A...
- Structural, functional and conformational properties of rat hemoglobinsM E John
Eur J Biochem 124:305-10. 1982..This is in contrast to the polymerization of human deoxyhemoglobin S, where gel formation occurs only in the T state...
- Characterization of two rat globin cDNA clonesR Crkvenjakov
Hemoglobin 8:597-611. 1984..These cloned cDNAs will be useful probes of structure and function of rat globin genes. The deduced amino acid sequences extend the information about the variability of rat globin chains...
- Three cysteine residues in the alpha chain of rat haemoglobin (albino Rattus norvegicus): 13 (A 11), 104 (G 11) and 111 (G 18)C G Chua
Biochim Biophys Acta 365:328-34. 1974
- Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of two rat major globin cDNAsH Satoh
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 146:618-24. 1987..The cause of diversity of rat globins was discussed in terms of the nucleotide sequences of cDNAs and known amino acid sequences of globins...
- The amino acid sequence of the alpha chain of the major haemoglobin of the rat (Rattus norvegicus)C G Chua
Biochem J 149:259-69. 1975..K., from which copies can be obtained on the terms given in Biochem. J. (1975) 145, 5...