Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Glp1r
Description: glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor
Alias: Glip, RATGL1RCP, glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor, GLP-1 receptor, GLP-1-R, GLP-1R, pancreatic beta cell receptor for the gluco-incretin hormone glucagon-like peptide 1
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor stimulation increases blood pressure and heart rate and activates autonomic regulatory neuronsHiroshi Yamamoto
Department of Medicine and Division of Endocrinology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, 99 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Clin Invest 110:43-52. 2002..These findings suggest that the central GLP-1 system represents a regulator of sympathetic outflow leading to downstream activation of cardiovascular responses in vivo...
- Met-204 and Tyr-205 are together important for binding GLP-1 receptor agonists but not their N-terminally truncated analoguesRakel Lopez de Maturana
Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Protein Pept Lett 11:15-22. 2004..This suggests that the locus is important for the formation of the binding site for the N-terminal residues of peptide agonists...
- Endogenous hindbrain glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activation contributes to the control of food intake by mediating gastric satiation signalingMatthew R Hayes
Graduate Groups of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocrinology 150:2654-9. 2009..We conclude that endogenous NTS GLP-1R activation driven by gastric satiation signals contributes to the control of normal feeding...
- GLP-1 neurons in the nucleus of the solitary tract project directly to the ventral tegmental area and nucleus accumbens to control for food intakeAmber L Alhadeff
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocrinology 153:647-58. 2012..Current data highlight these nuclei within the MRS as novel sites for GLP-1R-mediated control of food intake and body weight...
- Hippocampal GLP-1 receptors influence food intake, meal size, and effort-based responding for food through volume transmissionTed M Hsu
1 Neuroscience Program, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA 2 Department of Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 40:327-37. 2015..Collectively these findings illuminate novel neuronal and behavioral mechanisms mediating food intake reduction by GLP-1...
- The Aversive Agent Lithium Chloride Suppresses Phasic Dopamine Release Through Central GLP-1 ReceptorsSamantha M Fortin
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 41:906-15. 2016..By delivering Ex-9 to either the lateral or fourth ventricle, we highlight a population of central GLP-1 receptors rostral to the hindbrain that are involved in the LiCl-mediated suppression of NAc dopamine release. ..
- Cardioprotection Resulting from Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 Administration Involves Shifting Metabolic Substrate Utilization to Increase Energy Efficiency in the Rat HeartKarpagam Aravindhan
Heart Failure Discovery Performance Unit, Metabolic Pathways and Cardiovascular Therapeutic Area, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0130894. 2015....
- Nutrient induced type 2 and chemical induced type 1 experimental diabetes differently modulate gastric GLP-1 receptor expressionOlga Bloch
Diabetes and Immunology Research Laboratory, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 70300 Zerifin, Israel
J Diabetes Res 2015:561353. 2015..These results suggest that induced T1DM and T2DM may differently modulate GLP-1R system in enteropancreatic axis. ..
- Activation of the GLP-1 receptors in the nucleus of the solitary tract reduces food reward behavior and targets the mesolimbic systemJennifer E Richard
Department of Physiology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden
PLoS ONE 10:e0119034. 2015..These data reveal a food reward-suppressing role of the NTS GLP-1R and indicate that the neurobiological targets underlying food reward control are not limited to the mesolimbic system, instead they are distributed throughout the CNS. ..
- Hyperglycemia-induced GLP-1R downregulation causes RPE cell apoptosisDong Il Kim
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, 500 757, Republic of Korea
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 59:41-51. 2015..Our data suggested that regulation of GLP-1R expression is a promising approach for the treatment of diabetic retinopathy. ..
- Expression of CTRP3, a novel adipokine, in rats at different pathogenic stages of type 2 diabetes mellitus and the impacts of GLP-1 receptor agonist on itXin Li
Department of Endocrinology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
J Diabetes Res 2014:398518. 2014....
- GLP-1 and exendin-4 transiently enhance GABAA receptor-mediated synaptic and tonic currents in rat hippocampal CA3 pyramidal neuronsSergiy V Korol
Department of Neuroscience, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Diabetes 64:79-89. 2015..The results demonstrate GLP-1 receptor regulation of hippocampal function and are consistent with GLP-1 receptor agonists enhancing GABAA signaling by pre- and postsynaptic mechanisms...
- Activation of GLP-1 receptors on vascular smooth muscle cells reduces the autoregulatory response in afferent arterioles and increases renal blood flowElisa P Jensen
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark NNF Center for Basic Metabolic Research, Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark and
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 308:F867-77. 2015..Activation of these receptors reduces the autoregulatory response of afferent arterioles to acute pressure increases and increases RBF in normotensive rats. ..
- Nucleus accumbens GLP-1 receptors influence meal size and palatabilityAmanda M Dossat
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E1314-20. 2013..Together, our results suggest that NAcC Ex9 influences taste evaluation. We conclude that GLP-1 released in NAcC in response to gastrointestinal nutrients reduces the hedonic value of food. ..
- Glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor induced suppression of food intake, and body weight is mediated by central IL-1 and IL-6Rozita Shirazi
Department of Physiology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at the University of Gothenburg, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:16199-204. 2013..These data outline a previously unidentified role of the central IL-1 and IL-6 in mediating the anorexic and body weight loss effects of GLP-1 receptor activation. ..
- PSCs and GLP-1R: occurrence in normal pancreas, acute/chronic pancreatitis and effect of their activation by a GLP-1R agonistTaichi Nakamura
1 Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan 2 Department of Cell Biology Section, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Lab Invest 94:63-78. 2014..These results suggest chronic treatment with GLP-1R agonists could lead to proliferation/chronic activation of PSCs, which may lead to important effects in the pancreas. ..
- Minimal modeling of insulin secretion in the perfused rat pancreas: a drug effect case studyMichela Riz
Department of Information Engineering, University of Padua, Paduaa, Italy and
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 306:E627-34. 2014..7- vs. 13.1-fold increase in ΦD and 2.3- vs. 2.8-fold increase in ΦS) and demonstrated that SAR1 leads to an additional improvement of β-cell function in the presence of postprandial GLP-1 levels. ..
- Glucagon-like Peptide-1 receptor signaling in the lateral parabrachial nucleus contributes to the control of food intake and motivation to feedAmber L Alhadeff
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 39:2233-43. 2014..Taken together, these data establish the lPBN as a novel site of action for GLP-1R-mediated control of food intake and reward. ..
- Differences in acute anorectic effects of long-acting GLP-1 receptor agonists in ratsStephanie Sisley
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, United States Electronic address
Peptides 58:1-6. 2014..Additionally, we show here that the glucose lowering properties of acute administration of GLP-1R agonists are not accounted for by their central effects...
- Hindbrain nucleus tractus solitarius glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor signaling reduces appetitive and motivational aspects of feedingAmber L Alhadeff
Department of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 307:R465-70. 2014..Together, these data demonstrate that the intake inhibitory effects of mNTS GLP-1R signaling extend beyond satiation and include effects on food reward and motivation that are typically ascribed to midbrain and forebrain neurons. ..
- Geniposide Prevents Hypoxia/Reoxygenation-Induced Apoptosis in H9c2 Cells: Improvement of Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Activation of GLP-1R and the PI3K/AKT Signaling PathwayYou Qin Jiang
Department of Cardiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Chongqing, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 39:407-21. 2016..Ellis, on cardiomyocyte apoptosis induced by hypoxia/reoxygenation (H/R) in H9c2 cells, and their underlying mechanisms...
- Non-invasive glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor imaging in pancreas with (18)F-Al labeled Cys(39)-exendin-4Baoming Mi
Department of Nuclear Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, 215006, China Department of Nuclear Medicine, Affiliated Hospital of Jiangnan University Wuxi 4th People s Hospital, Wuxi, Jiangsu, 214062, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 471:47-51. 2016..In the present study, (18)F-Al labeled exendin-4 analog, (18)F-Al-NOTA-MAL-Cys(39)-exendin-4, was evaluated for PET imaging GLP-1R in the pancreas...
- Metformin ameliorates lipotoxicity-induced mesangial cell apoptosis partly via upregulation of glucagon like peptide-1 receptor (GLP-1R)Dong Il Kim
College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, South Korea Life Science Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA Electronic address
Arch Biochem Biophys 584:90-7. 2015..Our data suggested that regulation of GLP-1R expression could be a promising approach to treat diabetic nephropathy and the novel mechanism of metformin mediated GLP-1R regulation. ..
- Activation of GLP-1 Receptor Promotes Bone Marrow Stromal Cell Osteogenic Differentiation through β-CateninJingru Meng
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Stem Cell Reports 6:579-91. 2016..These findings reveal that GLP-1 receptor regulates BMSC osteogenic differentiation and provide a molecular basis for therapeutic potential of GLP-1 against osteoporosis...
- Evidence for glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor signaling to activate ATP-sensitive potassium channels in pancreatic beta cellsHye Jung Kwon
Department of Physiology and Obesity mediated Disease Research Center, Keimyung University School of Medicine, 1095 Dalgubeoldae ro, Dalseo Gu, Daegu 42601, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 469:216-21. 2016..This alternative mechanism of GLP-1 function may act as a negative feedback pathway, modulating the glucose-dependent GLP-1 inhibition on KATP channel activity. ..
- Astrocytes Regulate GLP-1 Receptor-Mediated Effects on Energy BalanceDavid J Reiner
Translational Neuroscience Program, Department of Psychiatry, Perelman School of Medicine, and
J Neurosci 36:3531-40. 2016..Collectively, data demonstrate a role for NTS astrocytic GLP-1R signaling in energy balance control...
- Knockdown of GLP-1 Receptors in Vagal Afferents Affects Normal Food Intake and GlycemiaJean Philippe Krieger
Physiology and Behavior Laboratory, Institute of Food, Nutrition, and Health, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Diabetes 65:34-43. 2016..Collectively, our results highlight a crucial role for the VANs in mediating the effects of endogenous GLP-1 on food intake and glycemia and may promote the further development of GLP-1-based therapies...
- Mutations to the third cytoplasmic domain of the glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) receptor can functionally uncouple GLP-1-stimulated insulin secretion in HIT-T15 cellsA M Salapatek
Department of Medicine and Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Endocrinol 13:1305-17. 1999....
- Effect of GIP and GLP-1 antagonists on insulin release in the ratC C Tseng
Section of Gastroenterology, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am J Physiol 276:E1049-54. 1999..The results of these studies suggest that GIP and GLP-1 may share a common mechanism in stimulating pancreatic insulin release. Furthermore, the GIP receptor appears to play a role in facilitating glucose uptake in the small intestine...
- Pulmonary GLP-1 receptor increases at birth and exogenous GLP-1 receptor agonists augmented surfactant-protein levels in litters from normal and nitrofen-treated pregnant ratsMarina Romaní-Pérez
Endocrinology Laboratory, Biomedical Research Centre Centro Investigaciones Biomédicas, University of Vigo, Campus As Lagoas Marcosende, E 36310 Vigo, Spain
Endocrinology 154:1144-55. 2013..Taken together, our results demonstrate the importance of the GLP-1 system in regulating SP production and lung development...
- Role of glucagon-like peptide-1 in the pathogenesis of experimental irritable bowel syndrome rat modelsYan Chen
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210029, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:607-13. 2013..In conclusion, these results indicated that GLP-1 and GLP-1R are implicated in the pathogenesis of IBS-C and IBS-D...
- Glucose intolerance but normal satiety in mice with a null mutation in the glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor geneL A Scrocchi
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario
Nat Med 2:1254-8. 1996..behavior and insulin secretion, we have generated mice with a targeted disruption of the GLP1 receptor gene (GLP1R)...
- Exendin-4 attenuates high glucose-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis via inhibition of endoplasmic reticulum stress and activation of SERCA2aCraig W Younce
Metabolic Signaling and Disease Program, Diabetes and Obesity Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute at Lake Nona, 6400 Sanger Rd, Orlando, FL 32837, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 304:C508-18. 2013..Glucagon-like peptide-1 (Glp1) receptor (Glp1r) agonists improve cardiac function and survival in response to ischemia-reperfusion and myocardial infarction...
- Suppression of food intake by glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonists: relative potencies and role of dipeptidyl peptidase-4Lene Jessen
Division of Endocrinology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45237, USA
Endocrinology 153:5735-45. 2012..These findings suggest distinct potencies of GLP-1 receptor agonists on food intake that cannot be explained by plasma pharmacokinetics...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor stimulation increases GFR and suppresses proximal reabsorption in the ratScott C Thomson
Department of Medicine, University of California and Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, California 92161, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F137-44. 2013....
- Receptor-mediated inhibition of small bowel migrating complex by GLP-1 analog ROSE-010 delivered via pulmonary and systemic routes in the conscious ratP M Hellstrom
Department of Medical Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Regul Pept 179:71-6. 2012..Accordingly, we investigated whether ROSE-010 works through GLP-1 receptors in gut musculature and its effectiveness when administered by pulmonary inhalation...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) releases thyrotropin (TSH): characterization of binding sites for GLP-1 on alpha-TSH cellsS A Beak
Department of Medicine, Royal Postgraduate Medical School, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 137:4130-8. 1996..h; control, 35 +/- 1 fmol/10(6) cells.h; P < 0.0005), but had no effect on basal PRL, GH, or LH release...
- Evolutionarily conserved residues at glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor core confer ligand-induced receptor activationMi Jin Moon
Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Korea
J Biol Chem 287:3873-84. 2012..insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) play important roles in insulin secretion through their receptors, GLP1R and GIPR...
- The third cytoplasmic domain of the GLP-1[7-36 amide] receptor is required for coupling to the adenylyl cyclase systemS Takhar
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Endocrinology 137:2175-8. 1996..01). These results strongly suggest that within the IC3 domain the N-terminal KLK sequence or a portion thereof (specifically K-334) is required for the efficient coupling of the tGLP-1 receptor to the AC system...
- Expression of the GLP-1 receptor in mouse, rat, and human pancreasDitte Tornehave
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensensvej 6, DK2820 Gentofte, Denmark
J Histochem Cytochem 56:841-51. 2008..This manuscript contains online supplemental material at http://www.jhc.org. Please visit this article online to view these materials...
- The recombinant rat glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor, expressed in an alpha-cell line, is coupled to adenylyl cyclase activation and intracellular calcium releaseJ S Dillon
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 113:182-9. 2005..Finally this study describes a cell line that can be used as a model system for evaluation of GLP-1 signaling in alpha-cells...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 excites pancreas-projecting preganglionic vagal motoneuronsS Wan
Dept of Neuroscience, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State Univ System, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G1474-82. 2007..e., putative endocrine secretion-controlling neurons) could be distinguished from neurons responsive to PP (i.e., putative exocrine secretion-controlling neurons)...
- Downregulation of GLP-1 and GIP receptor expression by hyperglycemia: possible contribution to impaired incretin effects in diabetesGang Xu
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 56:1551-8. 2007..Taken together, GLP-1 and GIP receptor expression is decreased with chronic hyperglycemia, and this decrease likely contributes to the impaired incretin effects found in diabetes...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptors expressed on nerve terminals in the portal vein mediate the effects of endogenous GLP-1 on glucose tolerance in ratsTorsten P Vahl
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Cincinnati, 2170 East Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Endocrinology 148:4965-73. 2007..These data are consistent with an important component of neural mediation of GLP-1 action...
- Calmodulin interacts with the cytoplasmic tails of the parathyroid hormone 1 receptor and a sub-set of class b G-protein coupled receptorsMatthew J Mahon
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, 50 Blossom Street, Wellman 501, Boston, MA 02114 2696, USA
FEBS Lett 579:803-7. 2005..Fluphenazine, a calmodulin antagonist, enhances PTH-mediated accumulation of total inositol phosphates, suggesting that calmodulin regulates signaling via phospholipase C...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 and its receptor agonist exendin-4 modulate cholangiocyte adaptive response to cholestasisMarco Marzioni
Department of Gastroenterology, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Gastroenterology 133:244-55. 2007..GLP-1 receptor (GLP-1R) selective agonist exendin-4 is used in humans as a novel therapeutic tool for diabetes. The aim of this study was to define if GLP-1 modulates cholangiocyte biologic response to cholestasis...
- Jejunal linoleic acid infusions require GLP-1 receptor signaling to inhibit food intake: implications for the effectiveness of Roux-en-Y gastric bypassMegan J Dailey
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 301:E1184-90. 2011..Whether increased secretion of additional gut peptides is also necessary for such suppressions remains to be determined...
- Receptor-mediated activation of gastric vagal afferents by glucagon-like peptide-1 in the ratV Bucinskaite
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Neurogastroenterol Motil 21:978-e78. 2009..GLP-2 receptors appear not be functionally expressed on vagal afferents...
- Receptor gene expression of glucagon-like peptide-1, but not glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide, in rat nodose ganglion cellsAtsushi Nakagawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Kanazawa Medical University, Daigaku 1 1, Uchinada 920 0293, Japan
Auton Neurosci 110:36-43. 2004..The present results offer, for the first time, the molecular basis for the vagal chemoreception of GLP-1 via its specific receptor...
- SREBP-1c, Pdx-1, and GLP-1R involved in palmitate-EPA regulated glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in INS-1 cellsShiying Shao
Division of Endocrinology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, PR China
J Cell Biochem 111:634-42. 2010..These results suggested that sequent SREBP-1c-Pdx-1-GLP-1R signal pathway was involved in the palmitate-caused GSIS impairment in beta cells...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor is involved in learning and neuroprotectionMatthew J During
Department of Molecular Medicine and Pathology, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 86716, New Zealand
Nat Med 9:1173-9. 2003..GLP-1R-deficient mice have a phenotype characterized by a learning deficit that is restored after hippocampal Glp1r gene transfer. In addition, rats overexpressing GLP-1R in the hippocampus show improved learning and memory...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor signaling modulates beta cell apoptosisYazhou Li
Department of Medicine, Banting and Best Diabetes Centre, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:471-8. 2003....
- Expression cloning of the pancreatic beta cell receptor for the gluco-incretin hormone glucagon-like peptide 1B Thorens
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:8641-5. 1992..Sequence homology is found only with the receptors for secretin, calcitonin, and parathyroid hormone, which form a newly characterized family of G-coupled receptors...
- Glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activation stimulates hepatic lipid oxidation and restores hepatic signalling alteration induced by a high-fat diet in nonalcoholic steatohepatitisGianluca Svegliati-Baroni
Department of Gastroenterology, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Liver Int 31:1285-97. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the presence of hepatic GLP-1r and the effect of exenatide, a GLP-1 analogue, on hepatic signalling...
- Adenylyl cyclase 8 is central to glucagon-like peptide 1 signalling and effects of chronically elevated glucose in rat and human pancreatic beta cellsB Roger
Universite de Bordeaux 1, Institut Europeen de Chimie et Biologie, UMR CNRS 5248, 2 Av Robert Escarpit, 33607 Pessac, France
Diabetologia 54:390-402. 2011..We therefore investigated long-term effects of glucose on this pathway with special regard to the incretin glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1)...
- Geniposide, a novel agonist for GLP-1 receptor, prevents PC12 cells from oxidative damage via MAP kinase pathwayJianhui Liu
Research Center of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Chemobiology, Chongqing Technology and Business University, Chongqing 400067, China
Neurochem Int 51:361-9. 2007..All these data demonstrate that geniposide, an agonist for GLP-1 receptor, regulates expression of anti-oxidative proteins including HO-1 and Bcl-2 by activating the transcriptor of p90RSK via MAPK signaling pathway in PC12 cells...
- Molecular cloning of a cDNA encoding for the GLP-1 receptor expressed in rat lungB Lankat-Buttgereit
Clinical Research Unit for Gastrointestinal Endocrinology, Philipps University of Marburg, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol 102:341-7. 1994....
- Exendin-4 stimulates both beta-cell replication and neogenesis, resulting in increased beta-cell mass and improved glucose tolerance in diabetic ratsG Xu
Elliott P Joslin Research Laboratories, Joslin Diabetes Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Diabetes 48:2270-6. 1999..Thus, GLP-I and analogs thereof hold promise as a novel therapy to stimulate beta-cell growth and differentiation when administered to diabetic individuals with reduced beta-cell mass...
- Central exendin-4 infusion reduces body weight without altering plasma leptin in (fa/fa) Zucker ratsK A Al-Barazanji
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Department of Vascular Biology, New Frontiers Science Park, Harlow, Essex, United Kingdom
Obes Res 8:317-23. 2000..To investigate whether chronic administration of the long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist exendin-4 can elicit sustained reductions in food intake and body weight and whether its actions require an intact leptin system...
- Over-expression of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor on INS-1 cells confers autocrine stimulation of insulin gene promoter activity: a strategy for production of pancreatic beta-cell lines for use in transplantationOleg G Chepurny
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cell Tissue Res 307:191-201. 2002....
- The primary ligand-binding interaction at the GLP-1 receptor is via the putative helix of the peptide agonistsSuleiman Al-Sabah
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Protein Pept Lett 11:9-14. 2004....
- Expression levels of genes likely involved in glucose-sensing in the obese Zucker rat brainIwona Bogacka
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
Nutr Neurosci 7:67-74. 2004..Furthermore, the hindbrain may be an important site for glucose-sensing where major phenotypic changes occur for glucose-sensing genes expression...
- Hyperglycemia after protein ingestion concurrent with injection of a GLP-1 receptor agonist in rats: a possible role for dietary peptidesAlfred Aziz
Dept of Nutritional Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 3rd floor FitzGerald Bldg, 150 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E2
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 289:R688-94. 2005....
- The cytoplasmic domain close to the transmembrane region of the glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor contains sequence elements that regulate agonist-dependent internalisationPatricia Vazquez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Complutense, Ciudad Universitaria, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Endocrinol 186:221-31. 2005..Our findings indicate that the neighbouring trans-membrane domain of the carboxyl-terminal tail of the GLP-1 receptor contains sequence elements that regulate agonist-dependent internalisation and transmembrane signalling...
- Glucose exposure pattern determines glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor expression and signaling through endoplasmic reticulum stress in rat insulinoma cellsYe Hwang Cheong
Research Center, Dong A Pharmaceuticals Co Ltd, 47 5 Sanggal dong, Giheung gu, Yongin si, Gyeonggi do 446 905, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 414:220-5. 2011..Collectively, these findings indicated that glucose fluctuation reduces GLP-1R expression through ER stress more profoundly than sustained hyperglycemia, which may contribute to the diminished response of GLP-1...
- Fasting and postprandial concentrations of GLP-1 in intestinal lymph and portal plasma: evidence for selective release of GLP-1 in the lymph systemDavid D'Alessio
Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2163-9. 2007..In addition, these data raise the possibility that intestinal lymph may serve as a specialized signaling conduit for regulatory peptides secreted by gastrointestinal endocrine cells...
- Leptin but not neuropeptide Y up-regulated glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor expression in GT1-7 cells and rat hypothalamic slicesCarmen Sanz
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Complutense University, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Metabolism 57:40-8. 2008..In addition, the different responses of the VMH and LH may be related to specific functions of these structures, as already known in vivo, highlighting the interest of hypothalamic slices for this kind of study...
- Caudal brainstem processing is sufficient for behavioral, sympathetic, and parasympathetic responses driven by peripheral and hindbrain glucagon-like-peptide-1 receptor stimulationMatthew R Hayes
Graduate Groups of Psychology and Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocrinology 149:4059-68. 2008..Contrary to the literature, hypothalamic/forebrain processing and forebrain-caudal brainstem communication is not required for the observed responses...
- Hindbrain cocaine- and amphetamine-regulated transcript induces hypothermia mediated by GLP-1 receptorsKarolina P Skibicka
Graduate Group of Psychology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Neurosci 29:6973-81. 2009..Data reveal a novel function of CART in temperature regulation and open possibilities for future studies on the clinical potential of the hypothermic effect...
- The major determinant of exendin-4/glucagon-like peptide 1 differential affinity at the rat glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor N-terminal domain is a hydrogen bond from SER-32 of exendin-4R J Mann
Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology, Faculty of Biological Sciences, University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Br J Pharmacol 160:1973-84. 2010..Our aim was to clarify the pharmacology of GLP-1R in the context of these new structural data...
- Tyr1 and Ile7 of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide (GIP) confer differential ligand selectivity toward GIP and glucagon-like peptide-1 receptorsMi Jin Moon
Graduate School of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Mol Cells 30:149-54. 2010..insulin secretion from pancreatic beta cells through their distinct yet related G protein-coupled receptors, GLP1R and GIPR...
- Intracellular signals mediating the food intake-suppressive effects of hindbrain glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor activationMatthew R Hayes
Department of Psychology, School of Arts and Sciences, University of Pennsylvania, 3720 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cell Metab 13:320-30. 2011..Pharmacotherapies targeting these signaling pathways, which mediate intake-suppressive effects of CNS GLP-1R activation, may prove efficacious in treating obesity...
- How does DHEA improve diabetic microvascular dysfunctionJOSEPH DILLON; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, the successful completion of our project will advance our long-term goal of developing novel therapeutic vasoactive agents, to decrease the morbidity related to diabetic vascular dysfunction. ..
- Nephrology Training GrantScott Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2008..An interactive research environment and shared seminar programs between UCSD, Salk Institute, and numerous other research institutes in La Jolla further enhances the training program. ..
- DEHYDROEPIANDROSTERONE SULFATE AND INSULIN SECRETIONJOSEPH DILLON; Fiscal Year: 2004..4) Assess the effects of DHEAS on ACS activity, glucose-stimulated insulin secretion and ACO mRNA expression in human pancreatic islets. ..
- RECEPTOR FOR THE GLUCAGON-LIKE-PEPTIDE-1 (GLP-1)Patent Number: WO9319175-A1; Date:1993-09-30