Gene Symbol: Gfpt1
Description: glutamine fructose-6-phosphate transaminase 1
Alias: GFA, GFAT, GFAT1, GFAT1m, Gfpt, D-fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 1, GFAT 1, glucosamine--fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase [isomerizing] 1, glutamine--fructose-6-phosphate aminotransferase [isomerizing] 1, glutamine:fructose 6 phosphate amidotransferase 1, glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase 1, hexosephosphate aminotransferase 1
- Twenty-four-hour simultaneous subcutaneous Basal-bolus administration of insulin and amylin in adolescents with type 1 diabetes decreases postprandial hyperglycemiaRubina A Heptulla
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Texas Children s Hospital, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1608-11. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of continuous sc replacement of amylin and insulin for a 24-h period on glucose homeostasis in adolescents with type 1diabetes...
- Effects of diabetes and hyperglycemia on the hexosamine synthesis pathway in rat muscle and liverK A Robinson
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425, USA
Diabetes 44:1438-46. 1995..Glutamine:fructose-6- phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) catalyzes glucose flux via HexSNP; its major products are uridine diphosphate (UDP)-N-acetyl hexosamines (UDP-..
- Glutamine fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) gene expression and activity in patients with type 2 diabetes: inter-relationships with hyperglycaemia and oxidative stressVedantham Srinivasan
Madras Diabetes Research Foundation and Dr Mohan s Diabetes Specialties Center 6B, Conran Smith Road, Gopalapuram, Chennai, India
Clin Biochem 40:952-7. 2007..a role for the rate-limiting enzyme for hexosamine biosynthesis, glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) in insulin resistance...
- Effect of sucrose and saturated-fat diets on mRNA levels of genes limiting muscle fatty acid and glucose supply in ratsAndreu Ferrer-Martínez
Department de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Universitat de Barcelona, E 08028 Barcelona, Spain
Lipids 41:55-62. 2006..genes that regulate the exogenous FA supply (LPL, FAT/CD36, FATP1), synthesis (ACC1), glucose (GLUT4, GLUT1, HK2, GFAT1, glycogen phosphorylase) or glycerol (glycerol kinase) provision, or substrate choice for oxidation (PDK4) in ..
- The cellular fate of glucose and its relevance in type 2 diabetesClara Bouche
Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocr Rev 25:807-30. 2004..This review is focused on the cellular fate of glucose and relevance to human type 2 diabetes...
- Overexpression of glutamine: fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase in the liver of transgenic mice results in enhanced glycogen storage, hyperlipidemia, obesity, and impaired glucose toleranceG Veerababu
Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Salt Lake City 84132, USA
Diabetes 49:2070-8. 2000..in liver, the rate-limiting enzyme in hexosamine biosynthesis (glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase [GFA]) was overexpressed in transgenic mice using the PEPCK promoter. Liver from random-fed transgenic mice had 1...
- Purification and characterization of glutamine:fructose 6-phosphate amidotransferase from rat liverQ K Huynh
Searle Discovery Research, The Monsanto Life Sciences Company, 800 North Lindbergh Boulevard, St Louis, Missouri 63167, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 379:307-13. 2000..6.1.16, GFAT) catalyzes the formation of glucosamine 6-phosphate from fructose 6-phosphate and glutamine...
- Insulin stimulation of glutamine: fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase occurs via an insulin-like growth factor-1 pathway in rat fibroblastsS T Simmons
Department of Medicine, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson 39216, USA
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 104:63-72. 1999..The rate limiting enzyme in this pathway is glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFA)...
- Expression of glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase in human tissues: evidence for high variability and distinct regulation in diabetesA G Nerlich
Department of Pathology, University of Munich, Germany
Diabetes 47:170-8. 1998..Because glutamine:fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase (GFAT) catalyzes the first and rate-limiting step in the formation of hexosamine products, this enzyme is the key ..
- Regulation of insulin-stimulated glycogen synthase activity by overexpression of glutamine: fructose-6-phosphate amidotransferase in rat-1 fibroblastsE D Crook
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Birmingham, Alabama
Diabetes 42:1289-96. 1993..mM glucosamine for 3 days exhibited a similar shift in the dose-response curve. The rightward shift in the dose-response curve is seen as early as 2 days after poration.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Expression of GFAT1 and OGT in podocytes: transport of glucosamine and the implications for glucose uptake into these cellsDorota Rogacka
Department of Clinical Immunology and Transplantology, Medical University of Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland
J Cell Physiol 225:577-84. 2010..We studied the expression of GFAT1 and OGT and measured uptake of glucose and GlcN in cultured rat podocytes, the main cellular component of ..
- New Therapeutic Targets in Pediatric Type 1 DiabetesRubina Heptulla; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pediatric Type 1 diabetes: Intervention Trials With Glucagon SuppressorsRubina A Heptulla; Fiscal Year: 2010..Uses of exenatide and/or pramlintide provide us with potentially new tools to improve glycemic control in children and adolescents with T1 DM and thus reduce associated long-term microvascular complications of this debilitating disease. ..