Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gdnf
Description: glial cell derived neurotrophic factor
Alias: gndf, glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, ATF, Glial cell line derived neutrophic factor, astrocyte-derived trophic factor
Publications131 found, 100 shown here
- Cellular GDNF delivery promotes growth of motor and dorsal column sensory axons after partial and complete spinal cord transections and induces remyelinationArmin Blesch
Department of Neurosciences 0626, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0626, USA
J Comp Neurol 467:403-17. 2003Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is the prototypical member of a growth factor family that signals via the cognate receptors ret and GDNF-receptor alpha-1...
- The spinal GDNF level is increased after transient spinal cord ischemia in the ratJ Tokumine
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Nishihara, Okinawa, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:231-4. 2003Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is known as the most potent neurotrophic factor against injury. We have characterized spinal GDNF changes after ischemia to clarify its possible physiological role against ischemic damage...
- Inflammation-induced GDNF improves locomotor function after spinal cord injuryManabu Hashimoto
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, 5 6 1, Mitahora Higashi, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
Neuroreport 16:99-102. 2005..improved locomotor function greater than low-dose LPS, being consistent with the expression of neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in microglia/macrophages...
- Neuronal differentiation elicited by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and ciliary neurotrophic factor in adrenal chromaffin cell line tsAM5D immortalized with temperature-sensitive SV40 T-antigenTomiyasu Murata
Department of Analytical Neurobiology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Meijo University, Tempaku, Nagoya, Japan
J Neurosci Res 86:1694-710. 2008..we first examined the responsiveness of the cells to ligands of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) family...
- Neuroprotective effect of grafting GDNF gene-modified neural stem cells on cerebral ischemia in ratsB Chen
Luzhou Medical College, Department of Neurobiology, 646000, China
Brain Res 1284:1-11. 2009Previous studies indicated the beneficial effects of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and transplanted neural stem cells (NSCs) on stroke...
- Serotonin (5-HT) induces glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) mRNA expression via the transactivation of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in rat C6 glioma cellsMami Tsuchioka
Division of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Institute of Clinical Research, National Hospital Organization NHO, Kure Medical Center and Chugoku Cancer Center, Kure, Japan
J Neurochem 106:244-57. 2008We previously reported that serotonin (5-HT) increased glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) release in a 5-HT(2) receptor (5-HT(2)R) and mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase/extracellular signal-related kinase (MEK/ERK)-..
- Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor enhances synaptic communication and 5-hydroxytryptamine 3a receptor expression in enteric neuronsFanning Zeng
Gastrointestinal Disease Area, Novartis Horsham Research Centre, Horsham, United Kingdom
Gastroenterology 138:1491-501. 2010Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is essential for the development of the enteric nervous system during embryogenesis...
- GDNF: a glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor for midbrain dopaminergic neuronsL F Lin
Synergen, Inc, Boulder, CO 80301
Science 260:1130-2. 1993..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a glycosylated, disulfide-bonded homodimer that is a distantly related member of the transforming growth factor-..
- Neuroprotection of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in damaged spinal cords following contusive injuryHenrich Cheng
Neural Regeneration Laboratory, Neurological Institute, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
J Neurosci Res 69:397-405. 2002Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) acts as a potent survival factor for many neuronal populations, including spinal motoneurons, indicating the therapeutic promise of GDNF for neurological disorders...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-enriched bridging transplants promote propriospinal axonal regeneration and enhance myelination after spinal cord injuryChristopher Iannotti
Kentucky Spinal Cord Injury Research Center, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Exp Neurol 183:379-93. 2003Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), a distant member of the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) family, is widely expressed in the developing and adult central nervous system (CNS)...
- The mechanism of heme oxygenase-1 action involved in the enhancement of neurotrophic factor expressionShih Ya Hung
Pharmacological Institute, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei 100, Taiwan
Neuropharmacology 58:321-9. 2010..Bilirubin is a potent antioxidant and neuroprotectant. Neurotrophic factors of BDNF and GDNF also play important roles in survival and morphological differentiation of dopaminergic neurons...
- Stage-specific changes in GDNF expression by rat Sertoli cells: a possible regulator of the replication and differentiation of stem spermatogoniaDaniel S Johnston
Contraception, Woman s Health and Musculoskeletal Biology, Wyeth Research, Collegeville, Pennsylvania, USA
Biol Reprod 85:763-9. 2011..and differentiation result from changes in the expression of glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) by Sertoli cells...
- A new alternative NF-κB pathway mediated the neuroprotection of GDNF on 6-OHDA-induced DA neurons neurotoxicityYu Sun
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Brain Res 1437:38-49. 2012Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a potent protective factor for dopaminergic (DA) neurons, but the signaling mechanisms underlying the effect of GDNF on these neurons remain obscure...
- Bilateral effects of unilateral GDNF administration on dopamine- and GABA-regulating proteins in the rat nigrostriatal systemMichael F Salvatore
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Neuroscience, LSU Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130 3932, USA
Exp Neurol 219:197-207. 2009..We recently reported that unilateral striatal administration of GDNF, a growth factor that has neurotrophic effects on DA neurons and enhances DA release, bilaterally increased ..
- Expression of GDNF and GDNFR-alpha mRNAs in muscles of patients with motor neuron diseasesM Yamamoto
Department of Neurology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Neurochem Res 24:785-90. 1999The mRNA expression levels of GDNF, GDNFR-alpha and RET were examined in the muscles of amyotrophic lateral screlosis (ALS) and X-linked spinal and bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA)...
- Structural determinants of heparan sulphate modulation of GDNF signallingJ A Davies
Anatomy Building, Edinburgh University College of Medicine, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, UK
Growth Factors 21:109-19. 2003Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has many functions including regulation of kidney morphogenesis and of neuron growth and survival in the enteric, sensory and central nervous systems...
- Bone marrow stromal cells produce nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorsRocio Garcia
International Center for Neurological Restoration, Havana City, Cuba
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:753-4. 2004..The objective of this work was determine whether rat BMSC express NGF and GDNF, in order to study its potential application for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases...
- Specific regulation of rat glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor gene expression by riluzole in C6 glioma cellsAnne Sophie Caumont
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Expérimentale, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 54 10, Avenue Hippocrate 54, 1200 Bruxelles, Belgium
J Neurochem 97:128-39. 2006Contrasting with its robust expression during embryogenesis, the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is repressed in the adult organism...
- Doxycycline-regulated co-expression of GDNF and TH in PC12 cellsJian Jun Wang
Neuroscience Research Institute, Peking University, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, PR China
Neurosci Lett 401:142-5. 2006..degenerative changes by delivering neurotrophic factors such as glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) to protect the remained neurons...
- Effects of dexamethasone exposure on rat metanephric development: in vitro and in vivo studiesReetu R Singh
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F548-54. 2007..DEX exposure in vitro decreased expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and increased expression of bone morphogenetic protein-4 (BMP-4) and transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1)...
- Involvement of neural cell adhesion molecule signaling in glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-induced analgesia in a rat model of neuropathic painAtsushi Sakai
Department of Pharmacology, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Pain 137:378-88. 2008..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has a variety of functions affecting the survival and development of specified neural cell populations, mediated ..
- Changes in Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression in the rostral and caudal stumps of the transected adult rat spinal cordHao Li Zhou
Institute of Neurological Disease, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Neurochem Res 33:927-37. 2008Limited information is available regarding the role of endogenous Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the spinal cord following transection injury...
- Mechanisms of interleukin-1beta-induced GDNF release from rat glioma cellsKumiko Tanabe
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Brain Res 1274:11-20. 2009Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is highly expressed both in neurons and astrocytes in injured tissues. Astrocytes support neurons by releasing neurotrophic factors including GDNF...
- Gene expression profiling of rat testis development during the early post-natal stagesT D Liu
Key Laboratory of China Education Ministry for Research of Mammal Reproductive Biology and Biotechnology, Inner Mongolia University, Hohhot, China
Reprod Domest Anim 47:724-31. 2012..study, we first examined the expression patterns of SYCP3, Tnp2, CDH1, glial cell-line-derived neurotropic factor (GDNF) and GFRA1 mRNAs on post-natal days (PNDs) 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25 and 30 in rat testis...
- Mildronate as a regulator of protein expression in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseSergejs Isajevs
Department of Pathology, University of Latvia, Riga Latvia
Medicina (Kaunas) 47:552-9. 2011..were used: heat shock protein 70 (Hsp70, a molecular chaperone), glial cell line-derived nerve growth factor (GDNF, a growth factor promoting neuronal differentiation, regeneration, and survival), and neural cell adhesion molecule ..
- Differentiation of GDNF and NT-3 dual gene-modified rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells into enteric neuron-like cellsHeyun Gao
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 32:87-91. 2012..Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) are neurotrophic factors that play important roles in neuronal development, ..
- Involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt on basic fibroblast growth factor-induced glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor release from rat glioma cellsKumiko Tanabe
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, Gifu 501 1194, Japan
Brain Res 1463:21-9. 2012..Astrocytes support neurons by releasing neurotrophic factors including glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF). FGF-2 stimulates GDNF synthesis in astrocytes and the release...
- GDNF contributes to oestrogen-mediated protection of midbrain dopaminergic neuronesF L Campos
CICS UBI Health Sciences Research Centre, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Beira Interior, Covilha, Portugal
J Neuroendocrinol 24:1386-97. 2012..dopaminergic neurones is mediated through the regulation of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) expression...
- Possible neuroprotective property of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in association with predominant upregulation of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in astrocytesTakeshi Takarada
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Kakuma machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
J Neurosci Res 90:2074-85. 2012..Exposure to nicotine predominantly induced mRNA expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) among the different neurotrophic factors examined in cultured astrocytes, in a manner sensitive to nAChR ..
- Adenosine A2a receptor induces GDNF expression by the Stat3 signal in vitroRong Hu Ke
State Key Laboratory of Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Neuroreport 23:958-62. 2012..Here, we investigate the effect of A2aR on glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) expression in rat brain astrocyte-2 (RBA-2) cells by quantitative PCR and western blot...
- Salsolinol induced apoptotic changes in neural stem cells: amelioration by neurotrophin supportA Shukla
Indian Institute of Toxicology Research CSIR, Developmental Toxicology Division, Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Post Box 80, Lucknow 226 001, India Department of Microbiology, IMS, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221 005, India
Neurotoxicology 35:50-61. 2013..toxicity coincided with reduced pAkt level and its downstream effectors: pCREB, pGSK-3β, Bcl-2 and neurotrophins GDNF, BDNF suggesting repressed PI3K/Akt signaling...
- GDNF is a novel ethanol-responsive gene in the VTA: implications for the development and persistence of excessive drinkingSomayeh Ahmadiantehrani
Gallo Research Center, Emeryville, CA, USA Graduate Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Pharmacogenomics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Addict Biol 19:623-33. 2014Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a potent inhibitor of ethanol consumption and relapse, and GDNF heterozygous knockout mice display increased reward sensitivity to ethanol and consume more ethanol after a period of ..
- Upregulation of glutathione peroxidase-1 expression and activity by glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor promotes high-level protection of PC12 cells against 6-hydroxydopamine and hydrogen peroxide toxicitiesEhsan Gharib
National Institute of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology NIGEB, Tehran, University of Tehran Kish International Campus, Kish Island, I R Iran
Rejuvenation Res 16:185-99. 2013..co-presence and function of glutathione peroxidase-1 (GPX-1) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) on protecting the rat dopaminergic pheochromocytoma cell line PC12 against 6-hydroxydopamine (6-OHDA) and hydrogen ..
- Binge alcohol-induced alterations in BDNF and GDNF expression in central extended amygdala and pyriform cortex on infant ratsVerónica Balaszczuk
Instituto de Investigacion Medica Mercedes y Martin Ferreyra, Friuli 2434, 5016 Cordoba, Argentina
Int J Dev Neurosci 31:287-96. 2013..Our goal was to study whether brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) expression were affected by alcohol in central extended amygdala (CEXA) and pyriform cortex (Pyr), structures ..
- Oral administration of docosahexaenoic acid activates the GDNF-MAPK-CERB pathway in hippocampus of natural aged ratLi he Jiang
Division of Development and Planning, Guangxi University, Nanning, P R China
Pharm Biol 51:1188-95. 2013..Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) is one of the critical fatty acids for optimal health, which affect the expression of nerve growth factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor in brain...
- Hyperacetylation of histone H3K9 involved in the promotion of abnormally high transcription of the gdnf gene in glioma cellsZheng Quan Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Mol Neurobiol 50:914-22. 2014The mechanism underlying abnormally high transcription of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) gene in glioma cells is not clear...
- Egr-1 participates in abnormally high gdnf gene transcription mediated by histone hyperacetylation in glioma cellsBao le Zhang
Department of Neurobiology and Anatomy, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221004, Jiangsu, China
Biochim Biophys Acta 1839:1161-9. 2014Abnormally high transcription of the glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor (gdnf) gene in glioma cells is related to the hyperacetylation of histone H3 lysine 9 (H3K9) in its promoter region II, but the mechanism remains unclear...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor promotes β-catenin phosphorylation and nuclear translocation in glioma cellsD Qu
Department of Neurosurgery, Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Military Command, Nanjing, Jiangsu, PR China
J Neurosurg Sci 59:429-35. 2015Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and N-cadherin interact to transduce intracellular signals. However, the specific molecular mechanisms of this interaction are unclear...
- Tricyclic Antidepressant Amitriptyline-induced Glial Cell Line-derived Neurotrophic Factor Production Involves Pertussis Toxin-sensitive Gαi/o Activation in Astroglial CellsKazue Hisaoka-Nakashima
From the Department of Pharmacology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8553
J Biol Chem 290:13678-91. 2015..to elucidate the mechanism of amitriptyline-induced production of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in astroglial cells...
- Sonic Hedgehog Controls the Phenotypic Fate and Therapeutic Efficacy of Grafted Neural Precursor Cells in a Model of Nigrostriatal NeurodegenerationLalitha Madhavan
Department of Neurology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, 85724, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0137136. 2015..study investigated the roles of two donor NPC molecules, namely glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and sonic hedgehog (SHH), in the protection of substantia nigra dopamine neurons in rats treated with 6-..
- Expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and GDNFR-alpha mRNAs in human peripheral neuropathiesM Yamamoto
Department of Neurology, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan
Brain Res 809:175-81. 1998The steady-state mRNA levels of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), GDNFR-alpha and RET were examined in various human peripheral neuropathies to determine the relationship with myelinated fiber pathology, and T cell and ..
- 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D(3) increases striatal GDNF mRNA and protein expression in adult ratsBegoña Sánchez
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 108:143-6. 2002Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been postulated as a possible candidate for therapeutic treatment in Parkinson's disease (PD)...
- Gene transfer of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor promotes functional recovery following spinal cord contusionMing Hong Tai
Department of Medical Education and Research, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Exp Neurol 183:508-15. 2003..Administration of recombinant glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has previously been reported to rescue neurons following severe SCI, resulting in improved hindlimb locomotion in ..
- Regulation of the development of mesencephalic dopaminergic systems by the selective expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in their targetsNikolai Kholodilov
Department of Neurology, Psychiatry, Pharmacology, and Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 24:3136-46. 2004Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been shown to protect and restore dopamine (DA) neurons in injury models and is being evaluated for the treatment of Parkinson's disease...
- GDNF augments survival and differentiation of TH-positive neurons in neural progenitor cellsZhao Hui Sun
Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Institute of Neuroscience, Tsinghua University, State Key Laboratory of Biomembranes, Beijing 100084, China
Cell Biol Int 28:323-5. 2004b>GDNF plays an important role in the survival and differentiation of primary dopaminergic neurons, but it requires multiple factors for its entire range of activities...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) receptor alpha-1 (GFR alpha 1) is highly selective for GDNF versus arteminPaul Carmillo
Biogen Idec, Inc, 14 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Biochemistry 44:2545-54. 2005To clarify whether glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) receptor alpha-1 (GFRalpha1), the glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked coreceptor for GDNF, is also a functional coreceptor for artemin (ART), we have studied ..
- Cardiac NGF and GDNF expression during Trypanosoma cruzi infection in ratsPatrícia Massara Martinelli
Department of Morphology, Institute of Biological Sciences, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos 6627, 31270 901, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 130:32-40. 2006..The present work shows the cardiac levels of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF), and their cellular sources during T. cruzi infection in rats...
- GDNF released from encapsulated cells suppresses seizure activity in the epileptic hippocampusIrene Kanter-Schlifke
Experimental Epilepsy Group, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, BMC A 11, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Exp Neurol 216:413-9. 2009..that direct in vivo viral vector-mediated overexpression of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the rat hippocampus suppressed seizures in different animal models of epilepsy...
- Nigrostriatal rAAV-mediated GDNF overexpression induces robust weight loss in a rat model of age-related obesityFredric P Manfredsson
Department of Neuroscience, Powell Gene Therapy Center, McKnight Brain Institute, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Mol Ther 17:980-91. 2009Intraventricular administration of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in primate and humans to study Parkinson's disease (PD) has revealed the potential for GDNF to induce weight loss...
- [Effects of wide band frequency noise on ERK, GDNF and ABR threshold in the different area of brain of AD rats poisoned by glutamatic acid]Qi Wen Zhu
Hearing Research Laboratory, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 18:324-8. 2002To investigate the change of ERK, GDNF expression activity in temple and frontal lobe of AD rat after 96 dB wide band noise exposure.
- Glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor is essential for electroconvulsive shock-induced neuroprotection in an animal model of Parkinson's diseaseA Anastasia
Facultad de Ciencias Exactas, Fisicas y Naturales, Centro de Biología Celular y Molecular, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Av Velez Sarsfield 1611, ZC X5016GCA, Cordoba, Argentina
Neuroscience 195:100-11. 2011..in order to shed light into its neuroprotective mechanism, we studied glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) levels (the most efficient TF for dopaminergic neurons) in the substantia nigra (SN) and striatum of 6-OHDA-..
- GDNF protects enteric glia from apoptosis: evidence for an autocrine loopMartin Steinkamp
Department of Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Giessen und Marburg GmbH, Site Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, 35037 Marburg, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 12:6. 2012..We investigated the role of Glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in the regulation of EGC apoptosis.
- Expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and its receptors in cultured retinal Müller cells under high glucose circumstanceXinping Zhu
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 295:532-9. 2012..explore the effect of high glucose concentration on the expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its family ligand receptors (GFRs) GFRα1 and GFRα2 in Müller cells and the protective role of GDNF in ..
- Fluoxetine ameliorates behavioral and neuropathological deficits in a transgenic model mouse of α-synucleinopathyKiren Ubhi
Department of Neurosciences, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Exp Neurol 234:405-16. 2012..Fluoxetine administration also increased levels of the neurotrophic factors, GDNF (glial-derived neurotrophic factor) and BDNF (brain-derived neurotrophic factor) in the MBP1-hαsyn tg mice ..
- Lipopolysaccharide-induced nigral inflammation leads to increased IL-1β tissue content and expression of astrocytic glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorMahmoud M Iravani
Neurodegenerative Disease Research Centre, Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Biomedical Sciences, King s College London, SE1 1UL London, UK
Neurosci Lett 510:138-42. 2012..Astrocyte derived glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) promotes the survival and growth of dopaminergic neurones and it protects against or reverses nigral degeneration ..
- Ultrasound-induced release of GDNF from lipid coated microbubbles injected into striatum reduces hypoxic-ischemic injury in neonatal ratsXiaoying Wang
Department of Ultrasound, Xuzhou Medical College Affiliated Hospital, Xuzhou, China
Brain Res Bull 88:495-500. 2012..Intracerebral injection of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been shown to reduce the injury induced by hypoxia-ischemia (HI)...
- Activated microglia provide a neuroprotective role by balancing glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor and tumor necrosis factor-α secretion after subacute cerebral ischemiaJianping Wang
Department of Neurology, The Fifth Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan 450052, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:172-8. 2013..of CD11b (a marker of microglial activation), glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) at 1, 3 and 7 days after treatment...
- GDNF is expressed in two forms in many tissues outside the CNSC Suter-Crazzolara
Neuroreport 5:2486-8. 1994A recently cloned neurotrophic factor, Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (GDNF), has been implicated in the survival and morphological and functional differentiation of midbrain dopaminergic neurones in vitro...
- Multiple astrocyte transcripts encode nigral trophic factors in rat and humanD G Schaar
Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway 08854 5635
Exp Neurol 130:387-93. 1994The recent discovery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) identified a novel trophin that selectively increases survival of substantia nigra dopaminergic neurons, which degenerate in Parkinson's disease...
- cDNA sequence and differential mRNA regulation of two forms of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in Schwann cells and rat skeletal muscleJ E Springer
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
Exp Neurol 131:47-52. 1995..and adult rat skeletal muscle was reverse transcribed, amplified for glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) messenger RNA (mRNA) using the polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and the PCR products sequenced...
- GDNF-induced activation of the ret protein tyrosine kinase is mediated by GDNFR-alpha, a novel receptor for GDNFS Jing
Department of Immunology, Amgen, Inc, Thousand Oaks, California 91320, USA
Cell 85:1113-24. 1996..a novel glycosylphosphatidylinositol-linked cell surface receptor for glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF). GDNFR-alpha binds GDNF specifically and mediates activation of the Ret protein-tyrosine kinase (PTK)...
- X-ray structure of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor at 1.9 A resolution and implications for receptor bindingC Eigenbrot
Nat Struct Biol 4:435-8. 1997The crystal structure of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) reveals two independent copies of the dimer that differ significantly through a hinge bending at the central, disulphide-rich region...
- Additivity and potentiation of IGF-I and GDNF in the complete rescue of postnatal motor neuronsM M Bilak
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 7519, USA
Amyotroph Lateral Scler Other Motor Neuron Disord 2:83-91. 2001..Individually, insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) are potent neurotrophic/survival factors for postnatal motor neurons.
- Induction of GDNF mRNA expression by melatonin in rat C6 glioma cellsKristen J Armstrong
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioural Neurosciences, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street West, Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5, Canada
Neuroreport 13:473-5. 2002In order to determine the physiological effect of melatonin on glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), which is reportedly up-regulated by high doses of this hormone, concentration-dependent studies were carried out in ..
- GDNF is regulated in an activity-dependent manner in rat skeletal muscleErica A Wehrwein
Department of Biological Sciences, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49008, USA
Muscle Nerve 26:206-11. 2002Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is produced by skeletal muscle and affects peripheral motor neurons...
- Dorsal root rupture injury induces extension of astrocytic processes into the peripheral nervous system and expression of GDNF in astrocytesHiroshi Nomura
Department of Neuropathology, Neurological Institute, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 812 8582, Fukuoka, Japan
Brain Res 950:21-30. 2002..Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor immunoreactivity (GDNF IR) was slightly upregulated within the Schwann cell bodies on the injured dorsal root at 24-48 h after rupture ..
- Developmental expression of glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor, neurturin, and their receptor mRNA in the rat urinary bladderTakahiro Kawakami
Department of Urology, Shiga University of Medical Science, Otsu, Japan
Neurourol Urodyn 22:83-8. 2003Glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and related factors neurturin (NRTN), artemin, and persephin are members of the GDNF family of neurotrophic factors...
- Production of the novel mesangial autocrine growth factors GDNF and IL-10 is regulated by the immunomodulator AS101Yona Kalechman
C A I R Institute, Faculty of Life Sciences, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
J Am Soc Nephrol 14:620-30. 2003..This study shows that glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and IL-10 are mesangial autocrine growth factors that play a pivotal role in rat MC proliferation in vitro...
- Expression changes of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in a rat model of neuropathic painNaoki Takahashi
Anesthesiology and Clinical Physiology, Department of Oral Restitution, Division of Oral Health Sciences, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan
J Med Dent Sci 50:87-92. 2003..afferent neurons following nerve injury, we investigated expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) as well as nerve growth factor (NGF) in a neuropathic pain model of the rat...
- Structural and functional neuroprotection in a rat model of Huntington's disease by viral gene transfer of GDNFJodi L McBride
Department of Neurological Sciences, Rush Presbyterian, St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Exp Neurol 181:213-23. 2003..The present study investigated whether glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) delivered by an adeno associated virus could provide structural and functional neuroprotection in a rat model of ..
- GDNF acutely potentiates Ca2+ channels and excitatory synaptic transmission in midbrain dopaminergic neuronsJun Wang
Institute of Neuroscience, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Neurosignals 12:78-88. 2003Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is best known for its long-term survival effect on dopaminergic neurons in the ventral midbrain...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and brain-derived neurotrophic factor sustain the axonal regeneration of chronically axotomized motoneurons in vivoJ G Boyd
Queen s University, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, ON, Kingston, Canada
Exp Neurol 183:610-9. 2003..The initial upregulation of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) by Schwann cells of the distal nerve stump after nerve injury has led ..
- Potential role of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor receptors in Müller glial cells during light-induced retinal degenerationC Harada
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroscience, School of Biomedical Science and Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8510, Japan
Neuroscience 122:229-35. 2003Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), neurturin (NTN) and their receptors (GFRalpha1, GFRalpha2 and Ret) play an important role in the survival of neurons in the central and peripheral nervous system...
- Changes in spinal GDNF, BDNF, and NT-3 expression after transient spinal cord ischemia in the ratJoho Tokumine
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Japan
J Neurosci Res 74:552-61. 2003..have demonstrated that the expression of several growth factors including glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), brain-derived growth factor (BDNF), and neurotrophin-3 (NT-3) play an important role in defining neuronal ..
- Neural stem cells protect against glutamate-induced excitotoxicity and promote survival of injured motor neurons through the secretion of neurotrophic factorsJeronia Llado
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 27:322-31. 2004..ELISA revealed that the NSCs secrete glial cell-line-derived factor (GDNF) and nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Synaptic targeting of retrogradely transported trophic factors in motoneurons: comparison of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor, brain-derived neurotrophic factor, and cardiotrophin-1 with tetanus toxinHoward B Rind
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada 89557, USA
J Neurosci 25:539-49. 2005Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), and cardiotrophin-1 (CT-1) are the most potent neurotrophic factors for motoneurons, but their fate after retrograde axonal transport is not ..
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor in bone marrow stromal cells of ratMin Ye
Department of Neurology and Institute of Neurology, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai, Second Medical University, Shanghai 200025, China
Neuroreport 16:581-4. 2005..capability of Sprague-Dawley rat bone marrow stromal cells to secrete glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factors (GDNF), we detected expression of GDNF messenger RNA and protein in bone marrow stromal cells of Sprague-Dawley rats by ..
- Long-term glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor overexpression in the intact nigrostriatal system in rats leads to a decrease of dopamine and increase of tetrahydrobiopterin productionAli Sajadi
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, EPFL, Integrative Biosciences Institute, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurochem 93:1482-6. 2005..Brain delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) has been shown to protect and restore the dopaminergic pathway in various animal models of PD...
- Hypothalamic rAAV-mediated GDNF gene delivery ameliorates age-related obesityNihal Tumer
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Gainesville, FL 32608 1197, USA
Neurobiol Aging 27:459-70. 2006Intraventricular delivery of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) results in weight loss. We hypothesized that this effect of GDNF was likely mediated via its effects on dopaminergic neurons in the hypothalamus...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-induced signaling in Schwann cellsT Iwase
Department of Neurology and Committee on Neurobiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurochem 94:1488-99. 2005Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), a known survival factor for neurons, has recently been shown to stimulate the migration of Schwann cells (SCs) and to enhance myelination...
- Interaction of SH2-Bbeta with RET is involved in signaling of GDNF-induced neurite outgrowthYong Zhang
Department of Neurobiology, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, 200433, PR of China
J Cell Sci 119:1666-76. 2006RET receptor signalling is essential for glial-cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-induced survival and differentiation of various neurons such as mesencephalic neurons...
- Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor and its receptor ret is a novel ligand-receptor complex critical for survival response during podocyte injuryCynthia C Tsui
Department of Biological Sciences, University at Buffalo The State University of New York, 109 Cooke Hall, North Campus, Buffalo, NY 14260, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1543-52. 2006..Whether glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF), a growth factor that is critical for neural and renal development, is a survival factor for injured podocytes was ..
- Immunohistochemical expression of two members of the GDNF family of growth factors and their receptors in the olfactory systemHeike Maroldt
Developmental Neurosciences Program, School of Women s and Children s Health, Faculty of Medicine, Sydney Children s Hospital, University of New South Wales, High St, Randwick, NSW, 2031, Australia
J Neurocytol 34:241-55. 2005The glial cell line-derived (GDNF) family of trophic factors, GDNF, neurturin, persephin and artemin, are known to support the survival and regulate differentiation of many neuronal populations, including peripheral autonomic, enteric and ..
- Intrastriatal administration of human immunodeficiency virus-1 glycoprotein 120 reduces glial cell-line derived neurotrophic factor levels and causes apoptosis in the substantia nigraRachel L Nosheny
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington DC 20057, USA
J Neurobiol 66:1311-21. 2006..Because glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and BDNF are neurotrophic factors crucial for the survival of dopaminergic neurons of the SN, we investigated ..
- Glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) prevents ethanol (EtOH) induced B92 glial cell death by both PI3K/AKT and MEK/ERK signaling pathwaysSantiago Nahuel Villegas
Molecular Biology, IMBICE, Camino Belgrano y 526, CC 403, 1900 La Plata, Argentina Instituto de Biofísica da UFRJ, CCS, Bloco G, Cidade Universitaria, 21949 900 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brain Res Bull 71:116-26. 2006We investigated the neuroprotective effect of glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) upon alcohol-exposed B92 cultures, as well as the role of the cytoskeleton and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways in this effect...
- Immunolocalization of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its receptor GFR-alpha1 in varicocele-induced rat testisGokhan Akkoyunlu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Campus 07070 Antalya, Turkey
Acta Histochem 109:130-7. 2007The aim of the study was to determine the immunolocalisation of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its receptor (GFRalpha1) in testicular dysfunction induced by experimental left varicocele...
- The major determinant of the heparin binding of glial cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor is near the N-terminus and is dispensable for receptor bindingIvan Alfano
School of Biological Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London, Egham Hill, Egham, Surrey TW20 OEX, UK
Biochem J 404:131-40. 2007b>GDNF (glial cell-line-derived neurotrophic factor), and the closely related cytokines artemin and neurturin, bind strongly to heparin...
- Neuroprotective effects of ginsenoside Rb1 on transient cerebral ischemia in ratsQ L Yuan
Department of Anatomy, Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, and Laboratory of Ophthalmology Molecular Genetics, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Brain Res 1167:1-12. 2007..ischemic neuronal death, modulating apoptotic-related genes and affecting glial-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) expression in rats subjected to occlusion of the middle cerebral artery. When GRb1(40 mg/kg, i.p...
- Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor independent ureteric bud outgrowth from the Wolffian ductAkito Maeshima
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, California 92093 0693, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:3147-55. 2007
- GDNF-chitosan blended nerve guides: a functional studyMinal Patel
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 1:360-7. 2007..In our study we have blended glial cell line-derived nerve growth factor (GDNF) and laminin with chitosan to fabricate GDNF-laminin blended chitosan (GLC) nerve guides...
- Integrin beta1 is involved in the signaling of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factorJun Ping Cao
Department of Neurobiology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou, Jiangsu 221002, People s Republic of China
J Comp Neurol 509:203-10. 2008Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a potent neurotrophic factor for the substantia nigra (SN) dopamine (DA) neurons...
- Time-course of GDNF and its receptor expression after brain injury in the ratQingzhang Cheng
University of Palermo, Department of Experimental Medicine, Division of Human Physiology, Corso Tukory 129, 1 90134 Palermo, Italy
Neurosci Lett 439:24-9. 2008..to perform, by in situ hybridization, a time-course analysis of the glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its receptor mRNA expression in two models of brain injury in the rat: (a) excitotoxic lesion by ibotenic acid ..
- Neuroregenerative effects of lentiviral vector-mediated GDNF expression in reimplanted ventral rootsRuben Eggers
Laboratory for Neuroregeneration, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Institute of the Royal Academy of Arts and Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:105-17. 2008..show in a rat model that lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in reimplanted nerve roots completely prevents motoneuron atrophy after ventral root avulsion and stimulates ..
- The relationship between overexpression of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor and its RET receptor with progression and prognosis of human pancreatic cancerQ Zeng
Department of General Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wenzhou Medical College, Wenzhou, Zhejiang Province, China
J Int Med Res 36:656-64. 2008We used immunohistochemical staining to assess protein over-expression of glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its RET receptor tyrosine kinase in patients with pancreatic cancer and benign pancreatic neoplasm, and assessed ..
- Nigrostriatal projecting neurons express GDNF receptor subunit RET in adult ratsShi Ming He
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute for functional neurosurgery P L A, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xiian, P R China
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 68:347-53. 2008..neurons expressing RET protein, a receptor protein tyrosine kinase of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) were investigated in rats using retrograde neural tracing with horseradish peroxidase (HRP) combined with ..
- Differential effects of lentiviral vector-mediated overexpression of nerve growth factor and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor on regenerating sensory and motor axons in the transected peripheral nerveMartijn R Tannemaat
Laboratory for Neuroregeneration, Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 28:1467-79. 2008..of LV vector-mediated overexpression of nerve growth factor (NGF) and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) on regeneration of the rat peripheral nerve in a transection/repair model in vivo...
- Identification of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor-regulated genes important for spermatogonial stem cell self-renewal in the ratJonathan A Schmidt
Department of Animal Biology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Biol Reprod 81:56-66. 2009..Because SSCs of many species can colonize the mouse testis, and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is responsible for stimulating SSC self-renewal in rodents, we reasoned that molecular mechanisms of SSC self-..
- GDNF expression in terminal schwann cells associated with the periodontal ruffini endings of the rat incisors during nerve regenerationMegumi Ohishi
Division of Oral Anatomy, Department of Oral Biological Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Chuo Ku, Niigata, Japan
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 292:1185-91. 2009..of the periodontal Ruffini endings (RE) exhibit immunoreaction for glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF). However, no information is available regarding the role of GDNF in the periodontal RE during nerve regeneration...
- Retinal pigment epithelial cells secrete neurotrophic factors and synthesize dopamine: possible contribution to therapeutic effects of RPE cell transplantation in Parkinson's diseaseMing Ming
Institute of Health Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, 200025, PR China
J Transl Med 7:53. 2009..In the present study, we investigated whether the beneficial effects of this therapy are related to the trophic properties of RPE cells and their ability to synthesize DA...
- Loss of enteric neurons accompanied by decreased expression of GDNF and PI3K/Akt pathway in diabetic ratsF Du
Division of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Neurogastroenterol Motil 21:1229-e114. 2009To investigate the enteric neuropathy in diabetic rats and the role of glia cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and its signalling pathway PI3K/Akt in regulating enteric neurons survival...
- Role of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF)-neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM) interactions in induction of neurite outgrowth and identification of a binding site for NCAM in the heel region of GDNFJanne Nielsen
Protein Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen N, DK 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Neurosci 29:11360-76. 2009..This process is governed by a large array of molecules, including glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) and the neural cell adhesion molecule (NCAM), the interaction of which induce neurite outgrowth...
- Regulatable Gene Therapy for Axonal RegenerationArmin Blesch; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, this could lead to the development of therapies for clinical translation. ..
- Regulatable Gene Transfer for Spinal Cord InjuryArmin Blesch; Fiscal Year: 2010..If successful, these studies will establish practical strategies for growth factor delivery to the injured spinal cord that can lead to the development of novel therapies for spinal cord injury. ..