Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Gabbr2
Description: gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptor subunit 2
Alias: Gpr51, gamma-aminobutyric acid type B receptor subunit 2, G-protein coupled receptor 51, GABA-B R2 receptor, GABA-B receptor 2, GABA-B-R2, GABA-BR2, GABABR2, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) B receptor 2, gb2
- GABA(B)-receptor subtypes assemble into functional heteromeric complexesK Kaupmann
Novartis Pharma AG, TA Nervous System, Basel, Switzerland
Nature 396:683-7. 1998..Heteromeric assembly among G-protein-coupled receptors has not, to our knowledge, been described before...
- Prolonged activation of NMDA receptors promotes dephosphorylation and alters postendocytic sorting of GABAB receptorsMiho Terunuma
Department of Neuroscience, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:13918-23. 2010..Postendocytic sorting is critically dependent on phosphorylation of serine 783 (S783) within the GABABR2 subunit, an established substrate of AMP-dependent protein kinase (AMPK)...
- Ischaemia differentially regulates GABA(B) receptor subunits in organotypic hippocampal slice culturesHelena Cimarosti
Department of Anatomy, MRC Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, School of Medical Sciences, University Walk, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
Neuropharmacology 56:1088-96. 2009..However, because GABA(B2) is required for functional surface expression, down-regulation of this subunit removes an important inhibitory feedback mechanism under pathological conditions...
- Proteasomal degradation of γ-aminobutyric acidB receptors is mediated by the interaction of the GABAB2 C terminus with the proteasomal ATPase Rtp6 and regulated by neuronal activityKhaled Zemoura
From the Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland and
J Biol Chem 289:7738-46. 2014....
- Trans-activation between 7TM domains: implication in heterodimeric GABAB receptor activationCarine Monnier
CNRS, UMR 5203, Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Département de Pharmacologie Moléculaire, Montpellier, France
EMBO J 30:32-42. 2011..In addition to bringing new information on GABAB receptor activation, these data clearly demonstrate the existence of direct trans-activation between the 7TM of two interacting proteins...
- The oligomeric state sets GABA(B) receptor signalling efficacyLaetitia Comps-Agrar
CNRS, UMR5203, Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Montpellier, France
EMBO J 30:2336-49. 2011....
- Tamalin, a PDZ domain-containing protein, links a protein complex formation of group 1 metabotropic glutamate receptors and the guanine nucleotide exchange factor cytohesinsJun Kitano
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 606 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 22:1280-9. 2002..The results indicate that tamalin plays a key role in the association of group 1 mGluRs with the ARF-specific GEF proteins and contributes to intracellular trafficking and the macromolecular organization of group 1 mGluRs at synapses...
- Non-hyperpolarizing GABAB receptor activation regulates neuronal migration and neurite growth and specification by cAMP/LKB1Guillaume Bony
Department of Neuroscience and Brain Technologies, Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Via Morego, 30 Genoa 16163, Italy
Nat Commun 4:1800. 2013..Thus, non-hyperpolarizing activation of GABABRs during development promotes neuronal migration and morphological maturation by cyclic AMP/LKB1 signalling...
- Post-transcriptional regulation of GABAB receptor and GIRK1 channels by Nogo receptor 1Rachana Murthy
Department of Neurology, University of Michigan and VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System Neurology and GRECC, 5027 BSRB, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Mol Brain 6:30. 2013..Type B GABA receptors (GABA Rs) play a critical role in synaptic transmission. We carried out studies to determine whether neuronal cell surface expression of GABAB-Rs might be regulated by the Nogo receptor 1 (NgR1)...
- Plasma membrane density of GABA(B)-R1a, GABA(B)-R1b, GABA-R2 and trimeric G-proteins in the course of postnatal development of rat brain cortexK Dlouha
Institute of Physiology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 62:547-59. 2013..Major change occurred between the birth and PD25. In adult rats, membrane content of Na, K-ATPase was 3-times higher than around the birth. ..
- Endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation controls cell surface expression of γ-aminobutyric acid, type B receptorsKhaled Zemoura
From the Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zurich, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 288:34897-905. 2013..Thus, modulation of ERAD activity by changes in physiological conditions may represent a mechanism to adjust receptor numbers and thereby signaling strength. ..
- Differential regulation of GABAB receptor trafficking by different modes of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor signalingSriharsha Kantamneni
From the School of Biochemistry, Medical Sciences Building, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 289:6681-94. 2014..These results indicate that NMDAR activity is critical in GABABR trafficking and function and that the individual subunits can be separately controlled to regulate neuronal responsiveness and survival. ..
- GABA(B) receptor GTP-binding is decreased in the prefrontal cortex but not the hippocampus of aged ratsJoseph A McQuail
Program in Neuroscience, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:1124.e1-12. 2012....
- Spinal nerve ligation decreases γ-aminobutyric acidB receptors on specific populations of immunohistochemically identified neurons in L5 dorsal root ganglion of the ratMITCHELL P ENGLE
Department of Pharmacology, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Comp Neurol 520:1663-77. 2012..Loss of GABA(B) receptors on primary afferent neurons may contribute to the development of mechanical allodynia after L5 spinal nerve ligation...
- Crosstalk between GABAB and mGlu1a receptors reveals new insight into GPCR signal integrationMarie Laure Rives
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, CNRS, UMR 5203, Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, Montpellier, France
EMBO J 28:2195-208. 2009..Such a mechanism helps explain specific properties of cells expressing two different Gi- and Gq-coupled receptors activated by a single transmitter, or properties of GPCRs naturally coupled to both types of the G protein...
- The level and distribution of the GABA(B)R2 receptor subunit in the rat's central auditory systemL Jamal
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON N9B 3P4, Canada
Neuroscience 181:243-56. 2011....
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid type B (GABA(B)) receptor internalization is regulated by the R2 subunitSaad Hannan
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 286:24324-35. 2011....
- Schwann-like adult stem cells derived from bone marrow and adipose tissue express γ-aminobutyric acid type B receptorsAlessandro Faroni
Blond McIndoe Laboratories, Regenerative Biomedicine, The University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Neurosci Res 89:1351-62. 2011..The presence of functional GABA-B receptors on differentiated stem cells opens new opportunities for a possible pharmacological modulation of their physiology and phenotype...
- γ-Aminobutyric acid type B receptor changes in the rat striatum and substantia nigra following intrastriatal quinolinic acid lesionsLetaïef Rekik
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Monastir, Monastir, Tunisia
J Neurosci Res 89:524-35. 2011..It is suggested that GABA(B) receptors are up-regulated in these reactive astrocytes and that agonists might influence the extent of this astroglial reaction...
- Direct interaction and functional coupling between voltage-gated CaV1.3 Ca2+ channel and GABAB receptor subunit 2Hye Won Park
Life Sciences Division, Korea Institute of Science and Technology, Seoul 136 791, Republic of Korea
FEBS Lett 584:3317-22. 2010..3 have not been well elucidated compared to CaV1.2. Here, we found that CaV1.3-NT associates with GABABR2-CT using yeast two-hybrid, GST pull-down and co-immunoprecipitation assays...
- GABA(B) receptors function as a heteromeric assembly of the subunits GABA(B)R1 and GABA(B)R2K A Jones
Synaptic Pharmaceutical Corporation, Paramus, New Jersey 07652, USA
Nature 396:674-9. 1998..We have now shown that co-expression of two GPCR structures, GABA(B)R1 and GABA(B)R2, belonging to the same subfamily is essential for signal transduction by GABA(B) receptors...
- Direct interaction of GABAB receptors with M2 muscarinic receptors enhances muscarinic signalingStephanie B Boyer
Peptide Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 29:15796-809. 2009..This novel heteromeric association between M(2)R and GBR2 provides a possible mechanism for altering muscarinic signaling in the brain and represents a previously unrecognized role for GBR2...
- Increased GABA B receptor subtype expression in the nucleus of the solitary tract of the spontaneously hypertensive ratEmma J Spary
Division of Cardiovascular and Neuronal Remodelling, LIGHT Institute, Faculty of Medicine and Health, University of Leeds, Worsley Building, Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
J Mol Neurosci 35:211-24. 2008..These findings suggest that GABA(B) receptors expressed by neurones in NTS may be involved in cardiovascular regulation and that changes in GABA(B) mRNA expression levels may contribute to the hypertensive state in SHR...
- [Long-term alteration of gamma-aminobutyric acid B receptor subunits in immature rats after recurrent febrile seizures]Ying Han
Department of Pediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 44:527-30. 2006..The present study aimed to explore the long-term changes of GABA(B) receptor subunits in immature rats after recurrent febrile seizures...
- Identification of GABABR2 in rat testis and spermXiaobing He
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200 031, P R China
J Reprod Dev 49:397-402. 2003..The present results establish that GABA(B)R2 protein is produced in rat testis and sperm and may play a role in GABA triggering of AR...
- Differential distribution of GABA(B1) and GABA(B2) receptor mRNAs in the rat brainShu Peng Li
Division of Life Science, College of Natural Sciences and Applied Life Science Brain Korea 21, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, Korea
Mol Cells 16:40-7. 2003..There are nevertheless differences in their expression levels that suggest at the existence of unidentified receptor subtypes...
- Modification of GABA(B1) and GABA(B2) receptor subunits in the somatosensory cerebral cortex and thalamus of rats with absence seizures (GAERS)Alessandra P Princivalle
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Neuroscience, University of Birmingham, The Medical School, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Epilepsy Res 55:39-51. 2003..The main finding was an up-regulation of GABA(B) receptor protein in the corticothalamic circuit in GAERS compared to controls...
- Constitutive expression of functional GABA(B) receptors in mIL-tsA58 cells requires both GABA(B(1)) and GABA(B(2)) genesB M Chronwall
School of Biological Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri 64110, USA
J Neurochem 77:1237-47. 2001..This is a physiologic validation of results from recombinant overexpression in naive cells and shows that the mIL cell line is a useful model for studying GABA(B) receptor expression, regulation and function...
- The metabotropic GABAB receptor directly interacts with the activating transcription factor 4R B Nehring
Department of Molecular Neurobiology of Signal Transduction, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, 37070 Gottingen, Germany
J Biol Chem 275:35185-91. 2000..Thus, inhibitory metabotropic GABA(B)Rs may regulate activity-dependent gene expression via a direct interaction with ATF-4...
- Distribution of the GABA(B) receptor subunit gb2 in rat CNSJ A Clark
Laboratory of Genetics, National Institute of Mental Health, 36 Convent Drive, MSC 4094, Bethesda, MD, USA
Brain Res 860:41-52. 2000We have identified and isolated human and rat cDNAs for a novel receptor, gb2, with 38% homology to the GABA(B) receptors gb1a and gb1b...
- Molecular identification of the human GABABR2: cell surface expression and coupling to adenylyl cyclase in the absence of GABABR1S C Martin
Department of Pharmacology, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, Massachusetts, 02118 2394, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 13:180-91. 1999We have identified a gene encoding a GABAB receptor, the human GABABR2, located on chromosome 9q22.1, that is distinct from the recently reported rat GABABR1...
- Role of heteromer formation in GABAB receptor functionR Kuner
BASF LYNX Bioscience AG, Department of Neuroscience, Im Neuenheimer Feld 515, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Science 283:74-7. 1999..Thus, the interaction of these receptors appears to be crucial for important physiological effects of GABA and provides a mechanism in receptor signaling pathways that involve a heterotrimeric GTP-binding protein...