Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fn1
Description: fibronectin 1
Alias: FIBNEC, fn-1, fibronectin, fibronectin 2, fibronectin 3
- Fibronectin 1 mRNA expression correlates with advanced disease in renal cancerSandra Waalkes
Department of Urology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
BMC Cancer 10:503. 2010b>Fibronectin 1 (FN1) is a glycoprotein involved in cellular adhesion and migration processes...
- Fibronectin regulates latent transforming growth factor-beta (TGF beta) by controlling matrix assembly of latent TGF beta-binding protein-1Sarah L Dallas
Department of Oral Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
J Biol Chem 280:18871-80. 2005..Here we show that fibronectin is critical for the incorporation of LTBP1 and transforming growth factor-beta (TGF beta) into the ECM of ..
- Fibronectin polymerization regulates the composition and stability of extracellular matrix fibrils and cell-matrix adhesionsJane Sottile
Department of Medicine, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Mol Biol Cell 13:3546-59. 2002..Using fibronectin-null cells, we found that fibronectin polymerization into the extracellular matrix is required for the ..
- Fibronectin matrix assembly requires distinct contributions from Rho kinases I and -IIAtsuko Yoneda
Division of Biomedical Sciences, Imperial College London, London SW7 2AZ, United Kingdom
Mol Biol Cell 18:66-75. 2007Extracellular matrix is integral to tissue architecture and regulates many aspects of cell behavior. Fibronectin matrix assembly involves the actin cytoskeleton and the small GTPase RhoA, but downstream signaling is not understood...
- Polydatin promotes Nrf2-ARE anti-oxidative pathway through activating Sirt1 to resist AGEs-induced upregulation of fibronetin and transforming growth factor-β1 in rat glomerular messangial cellsKaipeng Huang
Department of Pharmacy, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510006, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 399:178-89. 2015..Taken together, the resistance of PD on upregulated FN and TGF-β1 induced by AGEs via oxidative stress in GMCs is closely associated with its activation of Sirt1-Nrf2-ARE pathway. ..
- Increased virulence of a fibronectin-binding protein mutant of Staphylococcus aureus in a rat model of pneumoniaMary C McElroy
Rayne Laboratory, Respiratory Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Scotland Department of Microbiology, Moyne Institute of Preventive Medicine, Trinity College, Dublin, Ireland
Infect Immun 70:3865-73. 2002b>Fibronectin-binding proteins mediate Staphylococcus aureus internalization into nonphagocytic cells in vitro. We have investigated whether fibronectin-binding proteins are virulence factors in the pathogenesis of pneumonia by using S...
- Fibronectin expression in proximal tubules from ischemic rat kidneys without reperfusionGuillermo Petrini
Farmacologia, Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Científicas y Tecnológicas CONICET, Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina
Mol Cell Biochem 241:21-7. 2002The expression of fibronectin (FN), one of the extracellular matrix proteins, was studied in isolated renal proximal tubules in a in vivo rat model of unilateral renal ischemia without reperfusion...
- Fibronectin-alpha 4 beta 1 integrin-mediated blockade protects genetically fat Zucker rat livers from ischemia/reperfusion injuryFarin Amersi
Department of Surgery, Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, The Dumont University of California at Los Angeles Transplant Center, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Am J Pathol 162:1229-39. 2003We tested a hypothesis that interactions between fibronectin (FN), the major extracellular matrix component, and its integrin alpha 4 beta 1 receptor is important in the development of ischemia/reperfusion injury of steatotic liver ..
- Interleukin-1 increases fibronectin production by cultured rat cardiac fibroblastsLucas Fernandez
Centro de Cirugía Experimental, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad del Zulia, Maracaibo, Venezuela
Pathobiology 70:191-6. 2002..The aim of this study was to determine the effect of human and rat IL-1 on the production of fibronectin (FN) by rat cardiac fibroblast cultures.
- Scutellarin alleviates interstitial fibrosis and cardiac dysfunction of infarct rats by inhibiting TGFβ1 expression and activation of p38-MAPK and ERK1/2Zhenwei Pan
Department of Pharmacology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Br J Pharmacol 162:688-700. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of long-term administration of scutellarin (Scu) on cardiac interstitial fibrosis of myocardial infarct rats and the underlying mechanisms...
- Kidney expression of RhoA, TGF-beta1, and fibronectin in human IgA nephropathyLetizia Mattii
Department of Human Morphology and Applied Biology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Nephron Exp Nephrol 101:e16-23. 2005..In fact, the in vitro TGF-beta-mediated production of fibronectin, one of the major TGF-beta-regulated extracellular components, has recently been correlated with Rho protein ..
- The neuroprotective effects of fibronectin mats and fibronectin peptides following spinal cord injury in the ratV R King
Centre for Neuroscience and Trauma, Blizard Institute of Cell and Molecular Science, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen Mary University of London, 4 Newark Street, London E12AT, UK
Neuroscience 168:523-30. 2010We have shown previously that mats made from the glycoprotein fibronectin are permissive for axonal growth when implanted into the injured spinal cord...
- SGK1-mediated fibronectin formation in diabetic nephropathyYuxi Feng
5th Medical Clinic, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 16:237-44. 2005..with constitutively active (S422D)SGK1 and transdominant inhibitory (K127N)SGK1 did not significantly modify fibronectin formation by HMCs. Exposure to high extracellular glucose concentration stimulated fibronectin formation (by 2...
- Enhancement of fibronectin expression in rat lung by ozone and an inflammatory stimulusS K Gupta
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Am J Physiol 275:L330-5. 1998This study investigated the relationship of fibronectin expression and induction of pulmonary inflammation by ozone (O3). Rats were exposed to 0.8 parts/million O3 to induce lung inflammation...
- An adenosine derivative compound, IFC305, reverses fibrosis and alters gene expression in a pre-established CCl(4)-induced rat cirrhosisJulio Isael Pérez-Carreón
Departamento de Biologia Celular, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Mexico 04510, D F, Mexico Instituto Nacional de Medicina Genómica INMEGEN, Periférico sur 4214, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 42:287-96. 2010..Some genes modulated at transcript level by IFC305 were Tgfb1, Fn1, Col1a1, C9, Apoa1, Ass1, Cps1, and Pparg...
- Angiotensin II receptor blockade improves matrix metalloproteinases/tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-1 balance and restores fibronectin expression in rat infarcted myocardiumDachun Yang
Department of Cardiology, General Hospital of PLA Chengdu Military Area Command, Chengdu 610083, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 388:606-11. 2009..vivo MI-induced a significant elevation of MMP-2, MMP-3 and MMP-9 levels and a marked reduction of TIMP-1 and fibronectin (FN) expressions in infarcted left ventricular free wall (LVFW) and hypertrophic interventricular septum (IS) ..
- A HindIII polymorphism of fibronectin gene is associated with nephrolithiasisMetin Onaran
Department of Urology, School of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Urology 74:1004-7. 2009To evaluate the association between fibronectin gene (FN1) polymorphisms and calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis as a genetic risk factor.
- Nox4 NADPH oxidase mediates peroxynitrite-dependent uncoupling of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase and fibronectin expression in response to angiotensin II: role of mitochondrial reactive oxygen speciesDoug Yoon Lee
From the Departments of Medicine and
J Biol Chem 288:28668-86. 2013..This pathway contributes to Ang II-mediated fibronectin accumulation in MCs...
- Fibronectin matrix polymerization regulates smooth muscle cell phenotype through a Rac1 dependent mechanismFeng Shi
Aab Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e94988. 2014..Extracellular matrix proteins, including fibronectin, can regulate the smooth muscle phenotype when used as adhesive substrates...
- Infrared LED light therapy influences the expression of fibronectin and tenascin in skin wounds of malnourished rats--a preliminary studyAna Paula Cavalcanti de Sousa
Laboratory of Surgical Pathology, School of Dentistry, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Acta Histochem 116:1185-91. 2014..LED irradiation on the expression profile of the extracellular matrix protein components, tenascin and fibronectin on skin wounds induced in well nourished and malnourished rats...
- Diagnostic value of fibronectin and mutant p53 in the urine of patients with bladder cancer: impact on clinicopathological features and disease recurrenceSanaa Eissa
Oncology Diagnostic Unit, Medical Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo, 11566, Egypt
Med Oncol 27:1286-94. 2010..The aim of this study was to evaluate the diagnostic performance of urinary fibronectin and mutant p53 in comparison with VUC in the detection of bladder cancer...
- Expression of fibronectin isoforms bearing the alternatively spliced EIIIA, EIIIB, and V segments in corneal alkali burn and keratectomy wound models in the ratKaterina Havrlikova
Hilles Immunology Laboratory, Department of Ophthalmology, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Cornea 23:812-8. 2004To better understand the healing process in the wounded cornea, fibronectin (FN) isoforms bearing the alternatively spliced EIIIA, EIIIB, and V segments (EIIIA+, EIIIB+, and V+ FNs) were evaluated in alkali burn and keratectomy wound ..
- Increased fibronectin expression in developing embryos is associated with abnormal notochord in the Adriamycin rat modelA Mortell
The Children s Research Centre, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin 12, Ireland
Pediatr Surg Int 20:276-82. 2004..b>Fibronectin (FN) is an extracellular matrix (ECM) glycoprotein present on most cell surfaces, in extracellular fluids and ..
- [Effect of potassium iodide on prevention of experimental lead nephropathy and expression of nuclear factor-kappaB and fibronectin]Yu Feng Qiao
The Second Hospital of Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 27:747-52. 2009To investigate the effect of potassium iodide on the expression of nuclear factor-kappaB and fibronectin.
- Fibronectin splice variants--prognostic markers for the stage of renal interstitial fibrosis in the ratUlrike Eismann
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Division of Nephrology, Friedrich Schiller University, Erlanger Allee 101, D 07740 Jena, Germany
Nephron 92:379-88. 2002..In animal models of renal fibrogenesis done thus far an increase of total fibronectin (FN) mRNA has been proved...
- Differential expression of thrombospondin and cellular fibronectin during remodeling in proliferative glomerulonephritisJ L Barnes
The Medical Research Service, Audie Murphy Memorial Veterans Administration Hospital, San Antonio, Texas, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 47:533-44. 1999Thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1) and an alternatively spliced fibronectin (Fn)-EIIIA isoform are adhesive proteins associated with embryogenesis and tissue remodeling...
- Fibronectin dependent upregulation of matrix metalloproteinases in hepatic stellate cellsP Pranitha
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Karyavattom, Trivandrum 695 581, India
Indian J Biochem Biophys 40:409-15. 2003..HSCs) to myofibroblast (MFB)-like cells is influenced by growth factors, cytokines and matrix proteins like fibronectin (FN)...
- Expression of fibronectin splice variants in the postischemic rat kidneyA Zuk
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston 02215, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F1037-53. 2001..an in vivo rat model of unilateral renal ischemia, we previously showed that the expression and distribution of fibronectin (FN), a major glycoprotein of plasma and the extracellular matrix, dramatically changes in response to ischemia-..
- Fibronectin as a potent inhibitor of calcium oxalate urolithiasisM Tsujihata
Department of Urology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
J Urol 164:1718-23. 2000b>Fibronectin (230 kD.) is a multifunctional alpha2-glycoprotein distributed throughout the extracellular matrix and body fluids...
- Distribution of tenascin-C, fibronectin and collagen types III and IV during regeneration of rat submandibular glandK Ueda
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:79-84. 2009The aim of this study was to determine the localization of tenascin-C, fibronectin and collagen types III and IV during regeneration of the rat submandibular gland...
- Inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase reduces fibronectin expression in stroke-prone renovascular hypertensive rat brainChunmei Cui
Stroke Center and Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, No 58 Zhongshan 2 Road, Guangzhou 510080, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:304-9. 2007..study was to test the hypothesis that in vivo chronic inhibition of NAD(P)H oxidase reduces cerebrovascular fibronectin expression in stroke-prone renovascular hypertensive rats (RHRSP). 2...
- A potential role for caveolin-1 in VEGF-induced fibronectin upregulation in mesangial cells: involvement of VEGFR2 and SrcTingting Wu
Department of Biochemistry, Wuhan University School of Basic Medical Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 304:F820-30. 2013..the role of different VEGF receptors and membrane microdomain caveolae in VEGF-induced RhoA activation and fibronectin upregulation in mesangial cells (MCs)...
- Expression of variant fibronectins in wound healing: cellular source and biological activity of the EIIIA segment in rat hepatic fibrogenesisW R Jarnagin
Department of Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, 94143
J Cell Biol 127:2037-48. 1994We have examined the cell-specific expression of two fibronectin isoforms, EIIIA and EIIIB, during experimental hepatic fibrosis induced by ligation of the biliary duct...
- Aldose reductase regulates TGF-beta1-induced production of fibronectin and type IV collagen in cultured rat mesangial cellsTao Jiang
Department of Pathology, Shanghai Medical College, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Nephrology (Carlton) 11:105-12. 2006To study the effects of aldose reductase (AR) on production of fibronectin and type IV collagen in rat mesangial cells (MsC).
- Strong association between fibronectin accumulation and lowered cathepsin B activity in glomeruli of diabetic ratsA Wyczalkowska-Tomasik
Department of Immunology, Transplant Medicine and Internal Diseases, The Medical University of Warsaw, Warsaw, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 63:525-30. 2012..The aim was to investigate a potential relationship between the accumulated ECM protein fibronectin (FN), and cathepsin B activity in isolated glomeruli of diabetic and healthy rats...
- Cooperation of fibronectin with lysophosphatidic acid induces motility and transcellular migration of rat ascites hepatoma cellsM Ayaki
Department of Tumor Biochemistry, Osaka Medical Center for Cancer and Cardiovascular Diseases, 3 3 Nakamichi 1 Chome, Higashinari ku, 537 8511, Osaka, Japan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1495:40-50. 2000..Nevertheless, when the glass had been coated with fibronectin (FN), LPA could induce phagokinetic motility which was accompanied by transformation of MM1 cells to fusiform-..
- Syndecan-4 binding to the high affinity heparin-binding domain of fibronectin drives focal adhesion formation in fibroblastsA Woods
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 35294 0019, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 374:66-72. 2000..b>Fibronectin can provide sufficient signals for all three processes, even when protein synthesis is prevented by ..
- Elevated urinary fibronectin excretion predicts poor outcome in patients with primary chronic glomerulonephritisIlona Idasiak-Piechocka
Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Medicine, University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Nephron Clin Pract 116:c47-52. 2010b>Fibronectin (FN) is one of the major matrix proteins in the kidney. The accumulation of FN fragments in inflamed glomeruli could contribute to the progression of renal injury...
- Plasma levels of cellular fibronectin in diabetesS D Kanters
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 24:323-7. 2001Cellular fibronectin is an endothelium-derived protein involved in subendothelial matrix assembly. Elevated plasma levels of cellular fibronectin therefore reflect loss of endothelial cell polarization or injury to blood vessels...
- A 10-kda fragment of fibronectin type III domain is a neutrophil chemoattractant purified from conditioned medium of rat granulation tissueS Shiota
Department of Physiological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 24:835-7. 2001..NH2-terminal amino acid sequence of the purified 10-kDa protein was identical with the sequence of rat fibronectin starting from the residue Thr585, indicating that the purified 10-kDa chemoattractant is a fragment derived ..
- Fibronectin-α4β1 interactions in hepatic cold ischemia and reperfusion injury: regulation of MMP-9 and MT1-MMP via the p38 MAPK pathwayS Duarte
The Dumont UCLA Transplant Center, Division of Liver and Pancreas Transplantation, Department of Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Transplant 12:2689-99. 2012Liver ischemia-reperfusion injury (IRI) remains a challenging problem in clinical settings. The expression of fibronectin (FN) by endothelial cells is a prominent feature of the hepatic response to injury...
- Important role for fibronectin-EIIIA during renal tubular repair and cellular recovery in uranyl acetate-induced acute renal failure of ratsTaiki Fujimoto
The First Department of Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, 431 3192 Hamamatsu, Japan
Virchows Arch 443:194-205. 2003..present study was designed to identify the source and kinetics of an alternatively spliced "embryonic" cellular fibronectin EIIIA (cFn-EIIIA) in relation to regenerating renal tubules in uranyl acetate (UA)-induced acute renal failure (..
- Enhancement of fibronectin synthesis and fibrillogenesis by BMP-4 in cultured rat osteoblastChih Hsin Tang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Bone Miner Res 18:502-11. 2003The skeletal extracellular matrix produced by osteoblasts contains the glycoprotein fibronectin (Fn), which regulates the adhesion, differentiation, and function of osteoblasts...
- Polydatin ameliorates experimental diabetes-induced fibronectin through inhibiting the activation of NF-κB signaling pathway in rat glomerular mesangial cellsXi Xie
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Cell Endocrinol 362:183-93. 2012..We aimed to investigate the effect of polydatin on fibronectin (FN) protein expression, and to elucidate its potential mechanism involving the NF-κB inflammatory signaling ..
- IGF-I increases the expression of fibronectin by Nox4-dependent Akt phosphorylation in renal tubular epithelial cellsDavid D New
University of Texas Health Science Center Department of Medicine, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 302:C122-30. 2012..We investigated the mechanism by which IGF-I regulates fibronectin accumulation in PTCs and the role of a potential redox-dependent signaling pathway...
- Rapamycin inhibits platelet-derived growth factor-induced collagen, but not fibronectin, synthesis in rat mesangial cellsMyoung Soo Kim
Research Institute for Transplantation, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:1121-6. 2004..was assessed by [3H]thymidine incorporation, total collagen synthesis by [3H]proline incorporation, and fibronectin secretion into the medium by Western blot analysis...
- Poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 mediates angiotensin II-induced expression of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 and fibronectin in rat mesangial cellsHengmei Zhu
Department of Nephrology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Kidney Blood Press Res 34:320-7. 2011To investigate the effects of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 (PARP-1) on angiotensin II (Ang II)-induced plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and fibronectin (FN) in rat mesangial cells (RMCs).
- Inorganic phosphate stimulates fibronectin expression in renal fibroblastsZhonghai Chen
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:151-9. 2012..In this study we investigate the role of inorganic phosphate in stimulating fibronectin (FN) synthesis in a kidney fibroblast cell line (NRK-49F)...
- Cardiac extracellular matrix tenascin-C deposition during fibronectin degradationShuangtao Ma
Department of Cardiology, General Hospital of PLA Chengdu Military Area Command, Chengdu 610083, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 409:321-7. 2011..Our previous study demonstrated that ventricular remodeling after MI is linked with the degradation of fibronectin (FN)...
- Extracellular matrix remodelling in rat endometrium during early pregnancy: the role of fibronectin and lamininCelal Kaloglu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Cumhuriyet University, Faculty of Medicine, 58140 Sivas, Turkey
Tissue Cell 42:301-6. 2010..In the present study, immunolocalizations of fibronectin and laminin were determined using avidin-biotin complex-peroxidase in rat implantation sites during 7-10 days ..
- Fibronectin and focal adhesion kinase small interfering RNA modulate rat retinal Müller cells adhesion and migrationXin Ling Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, and the Key Laboratory of Lens, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital, China Medical University, Heping District, Shenyang, China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:549-56. 2009..This study was designed to analyze the effects of Fibronectin and specific FAK siRNA in cell adhesion and migration in rat Müller cells...
- LC3-mediated fibronectin mRNA translation induces fibrosarcoma growth by increasing connective tissue growth factorLihua Ying
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Sci 122:1441-51. 2009Previously, we related fibronectin (Fn1) mRNA translation to an interaction between an AU-rich element in the Fn1 3' UTR and light chain 3 (LC3) of microtubule-associated proteins 1A and 1B...
- Regulation of glucose uptake in mesangial cells stimulated by high glucose: role of angiotensin II and insulinCarine P Arnoni
Federal University of Sao Paulo, Renal Division, 04023 900 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 234:1095-101. 2009..This study evaluated the effect of high glucose on GLUT1, GLUT4, and fibronectin expression levels. Glucose uptake was determined in the absence and presence of insulin...
- Fibronectin attenuates process outgrowth in oligodendrocytes by mislocalizing MMP-9 activityZuzana Siskova
Department of Cell Biology, Section Membrane Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Cell Neurosci 42:234-42. 2009..Here we investigated whether fibronectin-mediated inhibition of myelin sheet formation in oligodendrocytes correlated with an altered MMP activity...
- Stimulatory effects of a three-dimensional microenvironment on cell-mediated fibronectin fibrillogenesisYong Mao
Department of Molecular Biology, Schultz Laboratory, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
J Cell Sci 118:4427-36. 2005The assembly of fibronectin into a fibrillar matrix is a regulated step-wise process that involves binding to integrin receptors and interactions between fibronectin molecules...
- Extracellular matrix proteins involved in pseudoislets formationElisa Maillard
Centre Européen d Etude du Diabète, Strasbourg, France
Islets 1:232-41. 2009..on treated or untreated culture plate to form adherent cells or pseudoislets and analysed insulin, collagen IV, fibronectin, laminin 5 and β1-integrin expression...
- Mg2+ modulates integrin-extracellular matrix interaction in vascular smooth muscle cells studied by atomic force microscopyAndreea Trache
Department of Systems Biology and Translational Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College Station, TX 77843 1114, USA
J Mol Recognit 23:316-21. 2010Atomic force microscopy (AFM) was used to investigate the interaction between alpha5beta1 integrin and fibronectin (FN) in the presence of divalent cations...
- RAGE-TXNIP axis is required for S100B-promoted Schwann cell migration, fibronectin expression and cytokine secretionOualid Sbai
NICN, CNRS UMR 6184, Faculte de Medecine, Universite Aix Marseille, 13344 Marseille Cedex 15, France
J Cell Sci 123:4332-9. 2010..TXNIP silencing partially inhibits RAGE-induced SC migration and completely abolishes RAGE-induced fibronectin and IL-1β expression...
- [The relationship between the expression of NF-kB, TGFbeta1, FN and hepatic fibrosis in diabetic rats]Rong Rong Wang
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Wen zhou Medical College, Wenzhou Zhejiang 325000, China
Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 18:194-8. 2010To investigate the expression of nuclear factor kappa B (NF-kB), transforming growth factor beta1 (TGFbeta1), fibronectin (FN) in liver from diabetic rats.
- Alternative splicing of fibronectin mRNAs in chondrosarcoma cells: role of far upstream intron sequencesMatthew Flanagan
Jefferson Center for Biomedical Research and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Cell Biochem 90:709-18. 2003The fibronectin (FN) gene encodes multiple mRNAs through the process of alternative splicing, and production of certain isoforms is characteristic of a given cell type...
- Organization of the fibronectin gene provides evidence for exon shuffling during evolutionR S Patel
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
EMBO J 6:2565-72. 1987We report the organization of the two ends of the rat fibronectin gene which encode the type I and II repeating units of the protein. We show that each of these modular structural units is encoded by a separate exon...
- Repeating modular structure of the fibronectin gene: relationship to protein structure and subunit variationE Odermatt
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:6571-5. 1985Analysis of the exon-intron structure of the rat fibronectin gene shows that exons correspond precisely with repeating structural units in the protein and that alternative use of some exons produces fibronectin subunits that differ by ..
- A single rat fibronectin gene generates three different mRNAs by alternative splicing of a complex exonJ W Tamkun
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:5140-4. 1984Three fibronectin mRNAs exist in rat liver, differing by the presence or absence of segments of 285 or 360 bases at a point within the coding region...
- Three different fibronectin mRNAs arise by alternative splicing within the coding regionJ E Schwarzbauer
Cell 35:421-31. 1983We report the isolation of cDNA clones for fibronectin from a rat liver library prepared in the expression vector, lambda gt11...
- Isolation and characterization of fibronectin-alpha 1-microglobulin complex in rat plasmaC Falkenberg
Department of Medical and Physiological Chemistry, University of Lund, Sweden
Biochem J 301:745-51. 1994..proteinase digestion and N-terminal-sequence analyses, and shown to consist of a complex between alpha 1-m and fibronectin. This complex, with a mass of about 560 kDa, was resistant to dissociation in the presence of denaturants, but ..
- Alternative splicing of the fibronectin EIIIB exon depends on specific TGCATG repeatsL P Lim
Center for Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:3900-6. 1998The fibronectin EIIIB exon is alternatively spliced in a cell-type-specific manner, and TGCATG repeats in the intron downstream of EIIIB have been implicated in this regulation...
- A systematic analysis of 40 random genes in cultured vascular smooth muscle subtypes reveals a heterogeneity of gene expression and identifies the tight junction gene zonula occludens 2 as a marker of epithelioid "pup" smooth muscle cells and a participanL D Adams
Department of Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7335, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 19:2600-8. 1999....
- Potential mechanism of fibronectin deposits in acute renal failure induced by mercuric chlorideE Saball
Facultad de Ciencias Bioquimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
Mol Cell Biochem 226:67-75. 2001..A remarkable feature in acute renal failure induced by mercuric chloride in rats was large fibronectin (Fn) deposits in kidneys 1 h post-HgCl2 injection (5 mg/kg body wt., s.c.)...
- Absence of the I-10 protein segment mediates restricted dimerization of the cartilage-specific fibronectin isoformHao Chen
Department of Biomedical Sciences, James A Baker Institute for Animal Health, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Biol Chem 277:20095-103. 2002The cartilage-specific (V + C)(-) fibronectin isoform does not efficiently heterodimerize with other V-region splice variants of fibronectin...
- The role of proteases in fibronectin matrix remodeling in thyroid epithelial cell monolayer culturesLuigi Nezi
Centro di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale, CNR, Dpt Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Napoli, Italy
Biol Chem 383:167-76. 2002Fischer rat thyroid (FRT) cells organize a matrix of extracellular fibronectin (FN) fibrils, which undergoes extensive remodeling according to cell culture confluence...
- Synergistic activity of fibronectin and fibroblast growth factor receptors on neuronal adhesion and neurite extension through extracellular signal-regulated kinase pathwayPill Hoon Choung
Intellectual Biointerface Engineering Center, Seoul National University College of Dentistry, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 295:898-902. 2002..Here, we examined whether fibronectin (FN) and FGF can cooperate for neuronal adhesion and neurite outgrowth...
- Integrin alpha2beta1 on rat myeloma cells modulates interaction of alpha4beta1 integrin with vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 but not fibronectinBosco M C Chan
Biotherapeutic Research Group, The John P Robarts Research Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
J Biomater Sci Polym Ed 13:429-46. 2002..that alpha2beta1 integrin functions as a receptor for collagen and laminin; whereas alpha4beta1 integrin binds fibronectin and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1)...
- NF-kappaB activates fibronectin gene expression in rat hepatocytesByung Heon Lee
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, Dongguk University, 780 714, Kyungju, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 297:1218-24. 2002b>Fibronectin (FN) plays a role in various biological processes such as fibrosis and tumor metastasis. In this study, we investigated the regulation of FN gene expression by NF-kappaB transcription factor...
- Increased fibronectin expression in sturge-weber syndrome fibroblasts and brain tissueAnne M Comi
Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Pediatr Res 53:762-9. 2003..b>Fibronectin expression regulates angiogenesis and vasculogenesis and participates in brain tissue responses to ischemia and ..
- Downregulation of fibronectin overexpression reduces basement membrane thickening and vascular lesions in retinas of galactose-fed ratsSayon Roy
Department of Ophthalmology, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Diabetes 52:1229-34. 2003..To determine whether BM thickening of retinal capillaries could be prevented by down regulating synthesis of fibronectin, an ECM component, we used antisense oligos targeted against translation initiation site of the fibronectin ..
- Repetitive postprandial hypertriglyceridemia induces monocyte adhesion to aortic endothelial cells in Goto-Kakizaki ratsKayoko Motojima
Department of Medicine, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Endocr J 55:373-9. 2008..in overexpression of heme oxygenase-1, intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), and connecting segment-1 fibronectin on the arterial wall, compared with standard diet...
- Distribution patterns of TGF-alpha, laminin and fibronectin and their relationship with folliculogenesis in rat ovaryGokhan Akkoyunlu
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Acta Histochem 105:295-301. 2003..Moreover, little is known about possible interactions of TGF-alpha and laminin and fibronectin in basement membranes during estrous cycles in relation to follicle development...
- [Immunohistochemical study of fibronectin in multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in elderly rats]Yan Rong Li
Department of Forensic Pathology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, Guangdong, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 16:202-5. 2004..of coagulation disorder in multiple organ dysfunction syndrome in elderly rats by observing the distribution and the intensity of fibronectin (FN) expression in important viscerae including the heart, brain, lung, kidney, liver.
- Regulation of fibronectin splicing in sinusoidal endothelial cells from normal or injured liverMing Ling Chang
Liver Center and Department of Medicine and Fetal Treatment Center, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:18093-8. 2004Fn containing an extra type III domain (EIIIA in the rat, ED1 or EDA in humans) is commonly termed "fetal" fibronectin, but it is prominent during the injury response of adult tissues and mediates important early events in the response...
- Knockdown of fibronectin induces mitochondria-dependent apoptosis in rat mesangial cellsDi Wu
Department of Nephrology, Kidney Center and Key Laboratory of PLA, General Hospital of PLA, 28 Fuxing Road, Beijing 100853, China
J Am Soc Nephrol 16:646-57. 2005..b>Fibronectin, one of the predominant adhesive glycoproteins of the mesangial ECM, provides the survival signal for cells...
- Prostaglandin E2 stimulates fibronectin expression through EP1 receptor, phospholipase C, protein kinase Calpha, and c-Src pathway in primary cultured rat osteoblastsChih Hsin Tang
Departments of Pharmacology and Orthopaedics, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 280:22907-16. 2005b>Fibronectin (Fn) is involved in the early stages of bone formation, and prostaglandin E (PGE) is an important factor regulating osteogenesis...
- Multiple sites of alternative splicing of the rat fibronectin gene transcriptJ E Schwarzbauer
Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
EMBO J 6:2573-80. 1987We describe analyses of the structure and expression of the rat fibronectin gene with particular attention to the 40-kb stretch from the center of the gene which encodes 17 type-III repeating units...
- [Localized expressing tendency of nuclear transcription factor kappa-B, pro-fibrosis genetic factors and fibronectin mRNA in renal tissues in proteinuria overload nephrotic young rats]Hong Ma
Department of Pediatrics, First Hospital, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 43:814-8. 2005..TGF-beta1), connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) and the major component of extracellular matrix-fibronectin (FN) in renal tissues at different time points during early stage of renal lesions caused by proteinuria in ..
- Possible involvement of increase in spinal fibronectin following peripheral nerve injury in upregulation of microglial P2X4, a key molecule for mechanical allodyniaKaoru Nasu-Tada
Division of Pharmacology, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Glia 53:769-75. 2006..b>Fibronectin is a member of the extracellular matrix molecules and is actively produced in response to injury and diseases ..
- Ras modulation of superoxide activates ERK-dependent fibronectin expression in diabetes-induced renal injuriesC L Lin
Department of Nephrology, Chiayi Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Chiayi, Taiwan
Kidney Int 69:1593-600. 2006..Transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1, fibronectin expression, Ras, ERK, p38, and c-Jun activation of glomerular mesangial cells or urinary albumin secretion were ..
- ELMO1 increases expression of extracellular matrix proteins and inhibits cell adhesion to ECMsA Shimazaki
Laboratory for Diabetic Nephropathy, SNP Research Center, The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Kidney Int 70:1769-76. 2006..In COS cells, the overexpression of ELMO1 resulted in a substantial increase in fibronectin expression, whereas the depletion of the ELMO1 by small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting ELMO1 significantly ..
- Basic fibroblast growth factor stimulates fibronectin expression through phospholipase C gamma, protein kinase C alpha, c-Src, NF-kappaB, and p300 pathway in osteoblastsChih Hsin Tang
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 211:45-55. 2007b>Fibronectin (Fn) is involved in early stages of bone formation and basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) is an important factor regulating osteogenesis...
- Fibronectin prevents endotoxin shock after partial hepatectomy in rats via inhibition of nuclear factor-kappaB and apoptosisA Hon Kwon
Department of Surgery, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 232:895-903. 2007....
- Uterine stretch regulates temporal and spatial expression of fibronectin protein and its alpha 5 integrin receptor in myometrium of unilaterally pregnant ratsOksana Shynlova
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biol Reprod 77:880-8. 2007..We have previously found a dramatic increase in the expression of the mRNAs that encode fibronectin (FN) and its alpha5-integrin receptor (ITGA5) in pregnant rat myometrium near to term...
- [Expressions of fibronectin and bone morphogenetic protein-2, 4 during development of mouse tooth germ]Jian Zhang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China Stomatological Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 38:826-8. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the distribution and relationship of fibronectin (FN), bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) 2, 4 during development of mouse tooth germ.
- Matrix metalloproteinase-2, -9 and -13 are involved in fibronectin degradation of rat lung granulomatous fibrosis caused by Angiostrongylus cantonensisCheng Chin Hsu
School of Nutrition, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Exp Pathol 88:437-43. 2007..Activation of proteolytic enzymes (MMP-2, -9 and -13) and fibronectin degradation occur simultaneously...
- BASEMENT MEMBRANE THICKENING IN DIABETIC RETINOPATHYSayon Roy; Fiscal Year: 2002..A successful study would provide the critical information that inhibition of excess synthesis of basement membranes prevents background diabetic retinopathy. ..
- MECHANISMS REGULATING FIBRONECTIN DEPOSITIONJane Sottile; Fiscal Year: 2003..Deposition of fibronectin into the extracellular matrix is a cell-mediated process that is tightly regulated to ensured controlled matrix ..
- Thickening of basement membrane in diabetic retinopathySayon Roy; Fiscal Year: 2007..In retinal capillary cells of diabetic individuals there is increased production of the BM proteins, fibronectin (FN), collagen IV (coil IV), and laminin (LM)...
- Mechanisms and Effects of Fibronectin Matrix RemodelingJane Sottile; Fiscal Year: 2007..between the deposition and degradation of extracellular matrix (ECM) molecules, including collagen I and fibronectin, is required for normal tissue function, and is a key component of normal tissue repair...
- Fibronectin in Cell Growth and Vascular RemodelingJane Sottile; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our data show that the extracellular matrix protein, fibronectin, plays a key role in controlling the deposition and stability of extracellular matrix proteins, including ..