Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Fas
Description: Fas cell surface death receptor
Alias: Tnfrsf6, tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member 6, CD95 antigen, FASLG receptor, Fas (TNF receptor superfamily, member 6), Fas antigen (ATP1), Fas receptor, Tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily, member 6, apo-1 antigen, apoptosis-mediating surface antigen FAS
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Aging correlates with decreased beta-cell proliferative capacity and enhanced sensitivity to apoptosis: a potential role for Fas and pancreatic duodenal homeobox-1Kathrin Maedler
Larry L Hillblom Islet Research Center, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Diabetes 55:2455-62. 2006..In rat islets, constitutive expression of Fas ligand and glucose-induced Fas receptor expression were observed only in 7- to 8-month-old but not in 2- to 3-month-old islets, whereas no age-..
- Absence of Bcl-2 and Fas/CD95/APO-1 predicts the response to immunotherapy in metastatic renal cell carcinomaR Maruyama
Division of Molecular Oncology, Department of Signal Transduction Research, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata University, Asahimachi 1 757, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Br J Cancer 95:1244-9. 2006..This study was carried out to elucidate the potential role of apoptosis-related molecules Bcl-2 and Fas, as well as apoptotic and proliferating indexes (AI, PI) as predictors of the susceptibility of metastatic RCC to ..
- Mutations in Fas associated with human lymphoproliferative syndrome and autoimmunityF Rieux-Laucat
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U 429, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Science 268:1347-9. 1995b>Fas (also known as Apo1 and CD95) is a cell surface receptor involved in apoptotic cell death...
- Fas/Apo [apoptosis]-1 and associated proteins in the differentiating cerebral cortex: induction of caspase-dependent cell death and activation of NF-kappaBZ F Cheema
Department of Human Anatomy and Medical Neurobiology, Texas A and M University Health Science Center, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
J Neurosci 19:1754-70. 1999..The activation of Fas was also accompanied by a rapid downregulation of Fas receptor expression, non-cell cycle-related incorporation of nucleic acids and nuclear translocation of the RelA/p65 ..
- Prognostic impact of FAS/CD95/APO-1 in urothelial cancers: decreased expression of Fas is associated with disease progressionK Yamana
Division of Molecular Oncology, Department of Signal Transduction Research, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Asahimachi 1 757, Niigata 951 8510, Japan
Br J Cancer 93:544-51. 2005The death receptor Fas (Apo1/CD95) and Fas ligand (FasL) system is recognised as a major pathway for the induction of apoptosis in vivo, and antiapoptosis via its blockade plays a critical role in carcinogenesis and progression in ..
- Inhibition of Fas-mediated apoptosis through administration of soluble Fas receptor improves functional outcome and reduces posttraumatic axonal degeneration after acute spinal cord injuryAlun Ackery
Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Neurotrauma 23:604-16. 2006b>Fas receptor activation has been implicated in inflammatory responses, programmed cell death, Wallerian degeneration in neural injury and the axotomy induced death of motoneurons...
- The many roles of FAS receptor signaling in the immune systemAndreas Strasser
The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Immunity 30:180-92. 2009b>FAS belongs to the subgroup of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNF-R) family that contains an intracellular "death domain" and triggers apoptosis. Its physiological ligand FASL is a member of the TNF cytokine family...
- Roles of Fas/Fasl, Bcl-2/Bax, and Caspase-8 in rat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease pathogenesisC P Li
Department of Gastroenterology, the Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 13:3991-9. 2014The aim of this study was to investigate the roles of Fas/FasL, Bcl-2/Bax, and Caspase-8 mRNA expressions in nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)...
- Analysis of Fas gene mutations on laser capture microdissected specimens from renal cell carcinomaHitoshi Takayama
Department of Pathology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1201-6. 2002Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) expresses Fas antigen on the cell surface, and thus could be sensitive to apoptosis induced by the binding of Fas ligand. Fas gene mutations might be involved in the development of RCC...
- Up-regulation of Fas (APO-1/CD95) ligand and down-regulation of Fas expression in human esophageal cancerC Gratas
Unit of Molecular Pathology, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Cancer Res 58:2057-62. 1998b>Fas (APO-1/CD95) is a cell surface receptor that mediates apoptosis when it reacts with Fas ligand (FasL) or Fas antibody...
- Plasma-soluble Fas (APO-1, CD95) and soluble Fas ligand in immune thrombocytopenic purpuraC Yoshimura
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Haematol 64:219-24. 2000..These findings suggests that the pathogenesis of ITP includes alteration of the Fas/FasL pathway.
- Cellular expressions and serum concentrations of Fas ligand and Fas receptor in patients with infectious mononucleosisT Sato
Department of Hematology, Yokohama Rosai Hospital for Labour Welfare Corporation, Yokohama City, Japan
Int J Hematol 72:329-36. 2000..Accumulated evidence has revealed that the apoptosis-mediating system, Fas receptor/Fas ligand (Fas-R/Fas-L), plays an important role in this disease...
- IFN-gamma and Fas/FasL are required for the antitumor and antiangiogenic effects of IL-12/pulse IL-2 therapyJ M Wigginton
Pediatric Oncology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Clin Invest 108:51-62. 2001..combination synergistically enhances cell surface FasL expression on CD8(+) T lymphocytes in vitro and induces Fas and FasL expression within tumors via an IFN-gamma-dependent mechanism in vivo...
- Fas/Fas-ligand expressions in peripheral-blood mononuclear cells of patients with myelodysplastic syndromesToshihiko Hirano
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, Hachioji Medical Center, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Res Commun Mol Pathol Pharmacol 113:315-28. 2003Increased expressions of Fas and Fas-ligand (Fas-L) in bone marrow cells of myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) have been reported, and large number of these "cell-death signals" might explain molecular basis for exacerbation of apoptosis in ..
- Pressure and endothelial coculture upregulate myocytic Fas-FasL pathway and induce apoptosis by way of direct and paracrine mechanismsAgelikie G Vouyouka
Department of Surgery, John D Dingell Veterans Administration Medical Center, 4646 John R St, Detroit MI 48201 1932, USA
Am J Surg 190:780-6. 2005..Our current hypothesis was that in EC-SMC coculture, pressure upregulates SMC apoptosis SMCs through EC-derived paracrine factors and that SMC apoptosis is induced through Fas-Fas ligand (FasL) activation.
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 treatment prevents anti-Fas antibody-induced apoptosis in endplate chondrocytesYong Jun Wang
Institute of Spine, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 31:736-41. 2006..In vitro investigation of vertebral endplate chondrocyte apoptosis...
- Effects of interleukin-10 on activation and apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells in fibrotic rat liverLi Juan Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:1918-23. 2006To study the effects of interleukin-10 (IL-10) on the expression of alpha-smooth muscle actin (alpha-SMA), nuclear factor- kappa B(NF- kappa B) and Fas/Fas ligand (FasL) in hepatic stellate cells of experimental rats with hepatic fibrosis.
- Association between FAS polymorphism and prostate cancer developmentL Lima
Molecular Oncology Unit, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia, Porto, Portugal
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 11:94-8. 2008The role of FAS polymorphisms in prostate cancer has not been studied...
- Dynamic expressions of liver tissue apoptosis-related genes of Vibrio vulnificus sepsis rats and the effects of antibacterial agentsZhongqiu Lu
Department of Emergency, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 29:193-7. 2009Dynamic changes in mRNA expressions of liver tissue apoptosis-promoting genes Fas and Bax and apoptosis-inhibiting gene Bcl-2 of vibrio vulnificus sepsis rats were detected and the effects of antibacterial agents were examined...
- The protective role of hydrogen sulfide in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion-induced injury in diabetic ratsYan Gao
Department of ICU, The Fourth Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, China
Int J Cardiol 152:177-83. 2011..This study was undertaken to investigate whether H(2)S plays a protective role in MIR in diabetic rats...
- Altered expression of Fas receptor on alveolar macrophages and inflammatory effects of soluble Fas ligand following blunt chest traumaDaniel H Seitz
Department of Trauma Surgery, Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Shock 35:610-7. 2011..Lung contusion induces inflammatory alterations and Fas-dependent apoptosis of alveolar type 2 epithelial (AT2) cells has been described...
- [Regulation of sishen wan on Bax/Bcl-2 mRNA, Fas/FasL in colonic tissue from rats with colitis]Duanyong Liu
Jiangxi University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanchang 330025, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:3484-8. 2011To evaluate therapeutic effect of Sishen Wan on experimental colitis, and explore its mechanism by expression of Bax/Bcl-2 mRNA, Fas/FasL in colonic tissue.
- Chronic methamphetamine exposure induces cardiac fas-dependent and mitochondria-dependent apoptosisCher Ming Liou
Department of Anesthesiology, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, 40201, Taiwan
Cardiovasc Toxicol 14:134-44. 2014..Protein levels of TNF-α, Fas ligand, Fas receptor, Fas-associated death domain, activated caspase-8, and activated caspase-3 (Fas-dependent apoptosis) extracted ..
- Fas/APO-1/CD95 system as a mediator of granulosa cell apoptosis in ovarian follicle atresiaN Hakuno
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
Endocrinology 137:1938-48. 1996..Several articles have been devoted to study of the molecular mechanisms responsible for APO-1/CD95 (Fas) is a cell surface protein that can mediate apoptosis in lymphoid cells, and Fas ligand was recently identified in ..
- Fas antigen (CD95) expression in peripheral blood progenitor cells from patients with leukaemia and lymphomaR S Anthony
Department of Haematology, John Hughes Bennett Laboratory, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
Leuk Lymphoma 30:449-58. 1998b>Fas antigen (CD95) is a cell surface receptor belonging to the tumour necrosis factor/nerve growth factor superfamily and is able to induce apoptosis when triggered by its' natural ligand or an anti-Fas antibody...
- Significance of Fas and retinoblastoma protein expression during the progression of Barrett's metaplasia to adenocarcinomaD Coppola
Department of Pathology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute and University of South Florida, Tampa 33612, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 6:298-304. 1999..This lesion can progress to dysplasia and adenocarcinoma. Recently, the Fas receptor and retinoblastoma (Rb) protein have been described as important mediators of apoptosis and tumor suppression, ..
- Fas antigen/CD-95 upregulation and activation during castration-induced regression of the rat ventral prostate glandA de la Taille
Department of Urology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Prostate 40:89-96. 1999b>Fas antigen/CD 95 is a 45-kDa transmembrane protein that can initiate intracellular signaling pathways, leading to apoptosis when it is clustered on the cell surface...
- The role of Fas-Fas ligand-mediated apoptosis in autoimmune lacrimal gland disease in MRL/MpJ miceD A Jabs
Department of Ophthalmology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:399-401. 2001..This mutation results in defective Fas protein, defective lymphocytic apoptosis, and accelerated autoimmune lacrimal gland disease in MRL/lpr mice...
- Fas/FasL mediated apoptosis of thyrocytes in Graves' diseaseN Sera
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University School of Medicine, Nagasaki, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 124:197-207. 2001We examined in the present study the possible involvement of Fas and its ligand (FasL) in the process of Graves' disease...
- Serum sFAS levels are elevated in ANCA-positive vasculitis compared with other autoimmune diseasesMarta Christensson
Department of Clinical Immunology, Karolinska Institutet, Huddinge University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Immunol 22:220-7. 2002The role of the Fas/FasL system in ANCA-associated vasculitis is unclear...
- Frequent deletion of Fas gene sequences encoding death and transmembrane domains in nasal natural killer/T-cell lymphomaLijun Shen
Department of Pathology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital Compound, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Am J Pathol 161:2123-31. 2002..of the transmembrane domain could protect the tumor cells from apo-ptosis by producing a soluble form of the Fas receptor. The actuarial 3-year survivals leveled off at 15% for patients carrying the Fas mutations and/or splice ..
- Modulation of Fas receptor proteins and dynamin during opiate addiction and induction of opiate withdrawal in rat brainM Julia Garcia-Fuster
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Associate Unit of the Institute of Neurobiology Ramón y Cajal CSIC, Department of Biology, University of the Balearic Islands, Cra Valldemossa Km 7 5, 07122, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 368:421-31. 2003The Fas receptor is involved in the regulation of apoptosis but also can function as a non-apoptotic signal transducer. This study was mainly designed to quantitate Fas proteins in rat brain during heroin addiction and opiate withdrawal...
- Up-regulation of CD95 (Apo-1/Fas) is associated with spermatocyte apoptosis during the first round of spermatogenesis in the ratCarlos Lizama
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Alameda, 340, Santiago, Chile
Apoptosis 12:499-512. 2007..In this work we have uncovered a major role for the cell death receptor Fas in both the extrinsic and intrinsic pathways in normal germ cell apoptosis...
- Expression of FasL and its interaction with Fas are mediated by c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway in 6-OHDA-induced rat model of Parkinson diseaseJing Pan
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience Institute, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, PR China
Neurosci Lett 428:82-7. 2007..b>Fas, a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor family with proapoptotic functions, was reported to be elevated ..
- Fas/FasL-dependent apoptosis of hepatocytes induced in rat and patients with Clonorchis sinensis infectionXiaoli Zhang
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, 150081, People s Republic of China
Parasitol Res 103:393-9. 2008..Furthermore, the expression of mRNA and protein of Fas, FasL, and caspase-3 was stronger in infected group than normal control using semiquantitative reverse ..
- The expressions of Fas and caspase-3 in human glaucomatous optic nerve axonsRenata Zalewska
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Med Sci Monit 14:BR274-8. 2008..Recent data suggest an important role for Fas receptor- and caspase-3-mediated apoptosis in the pathophysiology of glaucoma...
- [The change of certain biochemical indexes and apotosis protein (Fas/FasL) expression in rat liver of selenium and iodine deficiency]Danying Zhang
Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases of Ministry of Education, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 37:682-4. 2008To investigate the effect of selenium (Se) and iodine (I) deficiency on certain biochemical indexes and apotosis protein (Fas/FasL) expression.
- Double role of Fas ligand in the apoptosis of intervertebral disc cells in vitroDunfu Han
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat sen University, Guangzhou 510120, China
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 41:938-47. 2009b>Fas ligand (FasL) may play an important role in maintaining the immune privilege of intervertebral disc (IVD). Besides, it is closely related to the apoptosis of degenerative disc cells...
- Mechanical ventilation-induced apoptosis in newborn rat lung is mediated via FasL/Fas pathwayAndreas A Kroon
Physiology and Experimental Medicine Program, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, 555 Univ Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 305:L795-804. 2013..and anti-cleaved caspase-3 immunochemistry) and was associated with increased expression of the apoptotic mediator Fas ligand (FasL). Fetal lung epithelial cells, but not fibroblasts, subjected to maximal (i.e...
- Conditioned medium from alternatively activated macrophages induce mesangial cell apoptosis via the effect of FasYuan Huang
Department of Pathology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Exp Cell Res 319:3051-7. 2013..b>Fas protein was up-regulated in rat mesangial cells, and its neutralizing antibody ZB4 partly inhibited M2 macrophage-..
- Insulitis in human type 1 diabetesToshiaki Hanafusa
First Department of Internal Medicine, Osaka Medical College, Takatsuki, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1150:297-9. 2008..fulminant T1D, whereas immunologically abnormal findings, such as increased expression of MHC class I molecule and Fas antigen in islet cells and Fas-ligand expression in infiltrating lymphocytes, were detected only in autoimmune T1D...
- [Experimental study on fas expression of spermatogenic cell in male rats induced by fluorine]Rui Xu
Department of Environment Health, College of Public Health, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450001, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 39:358-60. 2010To research the effect of fluorine on the expression of Fas protein, then study the mechanism of male reproductive toxicity induced by fluoride on molecular level.
- Fluorofenidone inhibits Ang II-induced apoptosis of renal tubular cells through blockage of the Fas/FasL pathwayWang Bin Ning
Division of Rheumatology and Immunology, Department of Medicine, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410008, China
Int Immunopharmacol 11:1327-32. 2011..The present study was designed to investigate the inhibitory effects of fluorofenidone on Ang II-induced apoptosis in renal tubular cells and the related signaling pathway...
- [Fas and TNFR1 expressions after cerebral ischemia and reperfusion in rats: association with cell apoptosis and the effects of Bcl-2 overexpression]Gang Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an 710004, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1298-303. 2011To investigate the effect of Bcl-2 overexpression on Fas and TNFR1-mediated apoptosis and its possible mechanism in rat hippocampus following global ischemia/reperfusion (IR).
- Titanium dioxide induces apoptotic cell death through reactive oxygen species-mediated Fas upregulation and Bax activationKi Chun Yoo
Laboratory of Molecular Biochemistry, Department of Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int J Nanomedicine 7:1203-14. 2012..Recently, it has become evident that some TiO(2) particles have a considerable cytotoxic effect in normal human cells. However, the molecular basis for the cytotoxicity of TiO(2) has yet to be defined...
- A variant mRNA species encoding a truncated form of Fas antigen in the rat liverK Kimura
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical College, Saitama, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 198:666-74. 1994A variant form of the Fas antigen cDNA was isolated from the rat liver...
- Requirement of Fas for the development of autoimmune diabetes in nonobese diabetic miceN Itoh
Department of Clinical Laboratory Science, School of Allied Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565, Japan
J Exp Med 186:613-8. 1997..To investigate the role of Fas-mediated cytotoxicity in pancreatic beta cell destruction, we established nonobese diabetic (NOD)-..
- Soluble Fas in serum from patients with renal cell carcinomaN Nonomura
Department of Urology, Osaka University Medical School, Suita City, Japan
Urology 55:151-5. 2000b>Fas/APO- 1 is an apoptosis-signaling cell-surface receptor belonging to the tumor necrosis factor receptor family...
- Rat liver myofibroblasts and hepatic stellate cells differ in CD95-mediated apoptosis and response to TNF-alphaBernhard Saile
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, University of Gottingen, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 283:G435-44. 2002..Lack of spontaneous apoptosis and CD95L expression in rMF and the different reaction on TNF-alpha stimulation reveal that activated HSC and rMF belong to different cell populations...
- Prognostic significance of a combination of soluble Fas and soluble Fas ligand in the serum of patients with Ta bladder cancerYoichi Mizutani
Department of Urology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 17:563-7. 2002..As circulating soluble Fas (sFas) and soluble Fas ligand (sFasL) have been implicated in protection from Fas-mediated apoptosis against ..
- Surface and intracellular Fas expression associated with cytokine-induced apoptosis in rodent islet and insulinoma cellsP Augstein
Institute of Diabetes Gerhardt Katsch Karlsburg eV, Karlsburg, Germany
J Mol Endocrinol 30:163-71. 2003..Likewise, islet cells from non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice and BB/OK rats expressed increasing amounts of the Fas receptor on their surfaces after exposure to IL-1beta in combination with IFN-gamma and tumour necrosis factor-alpha...
- CD95-tyrosine nitration inhibits hyperosmotic and CD95 ligand-induced CD95 activation in rat hepatocytesRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:10364-73. 2004..Apparently, CD95-tyrosine phosphorylation and nitration are mutually exclusive. The data identify critical tyrosine residues of CD95 as another target of the anti-apoptotic action of NO...
- Reactive nitrogen species-induced cell death requires Fas-dependent activation of c-Jun N-terminal kinasePunya Shrivastava
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, 89 Beaumont Ave, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:6763-72. 2004..JNK activation by RNS was abolished in cells lacking functional Fas or following expression of a truncated version of Fas lacking the intracellular death domain...
- Effects of platelet-derived growth factor and interleukin-10 on Fas/Fas-ligand and Bcl-2/Bax mRNA expression in rat hepatic stellate cells in vitroXiao Zhong Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2706-10. 2004To investigate the effects of platelet-derived growth factor(PDGF) and interleukin-10 (IL-10) on Fas/Fas-ligand and Bcl-2/Bax mRNA expressions in rat hepatic stellate cells.
- Cross-Talk between Fas/Fas ligand system and nitric oxide in the pathway subserving granulosa cell apoptosis: a possible regulatory mechanism for ovarian follicle atresiaQiumei Chen
Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Endocrinology 146:808-15. 2005Recent studies have shown the involvement of Fas/Fas ligand (FasL) system and nitric oxide (NO) in ovarian follicle atresia. Here we asked whether Fas/Fas ligand system interacts with NO using rat granulosa cell culture...
- The role of impaired insulin/IGF action in primary diabetic encephalopathyZhen Guo Li
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, H G Scott Hall, Room 9275, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Brain Res 1037:12-24. 2005..Of various apoptotic pathways, Fas activations, 8-OHdG expression, and caspase-12 were demonstrated in type 1 diabetic BB/Wor rats only...
- FAS and FAS-L expression by tumor cells and lymphocytes in breast carcinomas and their lymph node metastasesHarry L Ioachim
Department of Pathology, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Pathol Res Pract 200:743-51. 2005b>FAS receptor (FAS, CD95) and FAS ligand (FAS-L, CD95-L) are complementary members of a particular apoptotic pathway that plays a major role in immune regulation...
- 4-[3,5-Bis(trimethylsilyl)benzamido] benzoic acid (TAC-101) induces apoptosis in colon cancer partially through the induction of Fas expressionTatsuhiko Sako
Department of Surgery 1, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, Yahatanisi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
In Vivo 19:125-32. 2005..Apoptotic induction by TAC-101 was investigated using a rat hepatic metastatic model of rat RCN-9 colon cancer cells in vivo and FACScan analysis with the DLD-1 human colon cancer cell line in vitro...
- Fas/Fas-Ligand pathway is impaired in patients with type 2 diabetes. Influence of hypertension and insulin resistanceE Cosson
Department of Diabetology Endocrinology Nutrition, AP HP, Paris Nord University, Jean Verdier Hospital, and Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolic Diseases, Paris Nord University, Bondy, France
Diabetes Metab 31:47-54. 2005In type 2 diabetic patients with no cardiac history or symptoms, 1) to evaluate whether the soluble forms of Fas (sFas) and Fas-ligand (sFasL), involved in apoptosis, may be markers of silent coronary disease or related to hypertension ..
- [The relationship between expression of fas mRNA and apoptosis after traumatic brain injury in rats and the role of GM-1 in protecting the brain]Qing Jun Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, Affiliated Hospital of Northern China Coal Medical College, Tangshan 063000, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 36:477-9. 2005To explore the mechanism of apoptosis after traumatic brain injury (TBI) in rats and elucidate the role of GM-1 by detecting the expression of Fas mRNA and apoptosis in hippocampi.
- Estrogens up-regulate the Fas/FasL apoptotic pathway in lactotropesG Jaita
Centro de Investigaciones en Reproduccion, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Paraguay 2155, Piso 10, Buenos Aires C1121ABG, Argentina
Endocrinology 146:4737-44. 2005The Fas/FasL system provides the major apoptotic mechanism for many cell types, participating in cell turnover in hormone-dependent tissues...
- Nuclear factor-kappaB mediates Kupffer cell apoptosis through transcriptional activation of Fas/FasLYanhua Peng
Department of Surgery, James A Haley Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and University of South Florida Health Sciences Center, Tampa, Florida 33601, USA
J Surg Res 130:58-65. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the role of NF-kappaB in regulating death ligand/receptor pathway in Kupffer cells during conditions that mimic acute pancreatitis...
- Anti-apoptosis effects of oxymatrine protect the liver from warm ischemia reperfusion injury in ratsHongchi Jiang
The Hepatosplenic Surgery Center of Heilongjiang Province, The First Clinical Medical School, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, China
World J Surg 29:1397-401. 2005..time points underwent histological examination for detection of apoptotic cells, and Western blotting analysis for Fas and Fas ligand, the key factors in the upper apoptotic pathways...
- Antagonistic effects of nobiletin, a polymethoxyflavonoid, on eosinophilic airway inflammation of asthmatic rats and relevant mechanismsYu Qing Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Life Sci 78:2689-96. 2006..was labeled by TdT-mediated dUTP nick end labeling (TUNEL) technique, the semi-quantitative detection for Fas mRNA expression of eosinophils was performed by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- C5b-9 terminal complex protects oligodendrocytes from apoptotic cell death by inhibiting caspase-8 processing and up-regulating FLIPCornelia Cudrici
Department of Neurology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Immunol 176:3173-80. 2006..In the present study, we examined the possible involvement of the caspase-8 and Fas pathway in OLG apoptosis and the role of C5b-9 in this process...
- Functional polymorphisms in the promoter regions of the FAS and FAS ligand genes and risk of bladder cancer in south China: a case-control analysisChunping Li
Department of Molecular Genetic Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing 210029, China
Pharmacogenet Genomics 16:245-51. 2006b>FAS and FASLG together initiate apoptosis, which prevents tumor development. FAS and FASLG polymorphisms in the promoter regions can alter the transcriptional activities and thus alter risk of cancer...
- Multiple actions of pifithrin-alpha on doxorubicin-induced apoptosis in rat myoblastic H9c2 cellsChu Chang Chua
Cardiovascular Research Laboratory, James H Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H2606-13. 2006..showed that H9c2 cells treated with Dox for 16 h had marked increase in the levels of caspases-2, -3, -8, -9, -12, Fas, and cleaved poly(ADP ribose) polymerase (PARP)...
- [Effect of atorvastatin on Fas (CD95/Apo-1) expression in normal or ischemic brain]C Oria de Suárez
Laboratório de Fisiopatologia Experimental, Faculdad de Ciencias de la Salud, Universidad de Carabobo, Valencia, Venezuela
An Med Interna 23:156-60. 2006The physiopathology of the brain ischemia includes many events such as important apoptotic mechanisms were Fas protein is expressed. Statins have neuroprotector effects that are independent of their blood lipid reducing actions.
- [Expression of Fas antigen and Fas ligand in acute liver injury induced by carbon tetrachloride in rat]Tao Wen
Institute of Hepatitis, Youan Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100069, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 18:417-20. 2006To investigate the dynamics of expression of Fas antigen and Fas ligand (FasL) in a rat model of carbon tetrachloride-induced acute liver injury, and explore the role of apoptosis in liver injury.
- Retinal glial cell responses and Fas/FasL activation in rats with chronic ocular hypertensionKwang Ro Ju
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, 505 Banpo Dong, Socho gu, Seoul 137 701, Republic of Korea
Brain Res 1122:209-21. 2006..This study investigated the reaction of retinal glial cells and the expression and localization of the Fas and Fas-ligand (FasL) in rats with chronic ocular hypertension...
- Blood-soluble Fas levels are increased in type 2 diabetic patients with peripheral vascular diseaseM T Garcia-Unzueta
Endocrinology Services, Hospital Universitario Marques de Valdecilla, Universidad de Cantabria, Valdecilla Street, 39008 Santander, Spain
Horm Metab Res 38:673-7. 2006To investigate the possible utility of plasma sFas (soluble Fas) levels as a marker of peripheral vascular disease (PVD) in type 2 diabetic patients, and the relationship between classical cardiovascular risk factors and sFas levels in ..
- The effects of interleukin-10 on the expression of Fas and FasL in rat hepatic stellate cellsLijuan Zhang
Department of Gastroenterology, Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, Fujian, 350001 China
Med Chem 2:611-6. 2006To study the effects of interleukin-10 on the expression of fas and fasL in hepatic stellate cells in experimental rat hepatic fibrosis.
- Fas/Fas-ligand expressions in primary breast cancer are significant predictors of its skeletal spreadMarek Bebenek
First Deptartment of Surgical Oncology, Regional Comprehensive Cancer Center, 53 413 Wroclaw, Poland
Anticancer Res 27:215-8. 2007..Several studies on female breast malignancies have indicated that Fas/Fas-ligand status may have a significant impact on survival...
- [Study of apoptosis and Fas expression of peritoneal fluid and peripheral blood T lymphocytes in patients with epithelial ovarian cancer and their relationship with CA125]Ya Xi Ma
Department of Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:734-9. 2007To investigate the apoptosis and Fas (CD95) expression of T lymphocytes from the peripheral blood and peritoneal fluid of the patients with ovarian cancer and their relationship with CA125.
- Umbilical cord blood stem cell mediated downregulation of fas improves functional recovery of rats after spinal cord injuryVenkata Ramesh Dasari
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, IL 61656, USA
Neurochem Res 33:134-49. 2008..Expression of Fas on both neurons and oligodendrocytes was efficiently downregulated by hUCB...
- Apoptosis in the kidneys of patients with type II diabetic nephropathyD Verzola
Nephrology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Genoa University, Genoa, Italy
Kidney Int 72:1262-72. 2007..b>Fas, Fas ligand, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase expressions were enhanced in glomeruli and tubules; however, ..
- Protein kinase C-zeta (PKC-zeta) regulates Kupffer cell apoptosis during experimental sepsisYanhua Peng
Department of Surgery, James A Haley Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of South Florida Health Sciences Center, C O Tampa General Hospital, Tampa, FL 33601, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1712-21. 2007..Kupffer cells play an important role in sepsis-mediated liver injury. We tested the hypothesis that PKC-zeta plays a critical role in Kupffer cell apoptosis during sepsis...
- Effect of Huwentoxin-I on the Fas and TNF apoptosis pathway in the hippocampus of rat with global cerebral ischemiaYi Rong Wang
Hunan Sports Vocational College, Changsha, Hunan 410014, PR China
Toxicon 50:1085-94. 2007..It also reduced the expression level of related factors of Fas and tumor necrosis factor death receptor apoptosis pathways in the hippocampus...
- Expression of Fas and Fas ligand in human testicular germ cell tumoursE Baldini
Department of Experimental Medicine, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Int J Androl 32:123-30. 2009In the present study, we analysed the expression of Fas ligand (FasL) and its cognate receptor Fas in 14 seminomatous testicular germ cell tumours (TGCT) and six normal testicular tissues obtained following orchiectomy...
- Downregulation of IFN-gammaR in association with loss of Fas function is linked to tumor progressionDafeng Yang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Int J Cancer 122:350-62. 2008..tumor escape variants that have survived CTL adoptive immunotherapy exhibited decreased expression levels of both Fas and IFN-gammaR in vitro...
- [Study on the effect of iodine excess on cell apoptosis in rat thyroid cells (FRTL)]Jian Xu
Shenzhen Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Shenzhen 518020, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 36:443-5. 2007..To explore the mechanism of iodine over-treatment to FRTL cell on the cell apoptosis through observing the cell apoptosis related gene...
- Fas Ag-FasL coupling leads to ERK1/2-mediated proliferation of gastric mucosal cellsHanchen Li
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G263-75. 2008When cells within the gastric mucosa progress from metaplasia to dysplasia to cancer, they acquire a Fas Ag apoptosis-resistant phenotype...
- Amplification of CD95 activation by caspase 8-induced endosomal acidification in rat hepatocytesRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:2211-22. 2008..This autoamplification of CD95-activation is required for apoptosis induction...
- In vivo responses to vaccination with Mage-b, GM-CSF and thioglycollate in a highly metastatic mouse breast tumor model, 4T1Claudia Gravekamp
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, 475 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:1067-77. 2008..the lymph nodes of vaccinated compared to control mice, but also induced significantly higher expression levels of Fas-ligand (FasL) in the primary tumors (expressing Fas protein constitutively), compared to the control mice...
- Expression of CD95 and CD95L on astrocytes in the CA1 area of the immature rat hippocampus after hypoxia-ischemia injuryMyeung Ju Kim
Department of Anatomy, Dankook University College of Medicine, Cheon an, Chungnam, South Korea
Comp Med 57:581-9. 2007..Our findings show that increases in the expression of CD95 and CD95L after HI injury may involve astrocytic apoptosis in the 7-d-old rat hippocampus, and these molecules may act as targets or inducers of cell death...
- Fas-mediated T cell deletion potentiates tumor antigen-specific tolerance in a mouse model of prostate cancerStephanie S Tseng-Rogenski
Departments of Urology and Pathology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 57:1357-65. 2008..Although Fas-FasL-mediated apoptosis is a well-defined tolerance inducing mechanism, direct evidence of its interference with ..
- Caspase activation in fetal rat brain following experimental intrauterine inflammationAditi Sharangpani
Division of Critical Care Medicine and Center for Neuroscience Research, Children s Research Institute, Children s National Medical Center, George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Brain Res 1200:138-45. 2008..We further hypothesized that Fas, a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor (TNFR) superfamily, would be increased and the death inducing ..
- Dynamic changes of IL-2/IL-10, sFas and expression of Fas in intestinal mucosa in rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitisSheng Chun Dang
Department of General Surgery, The Affiliated Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212001, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:2246-50. 2008To investigate dynamic changes of serum IL-2, IL-10, IL-2/IL-10 and sFas in rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitis. To explore the expression of Fas in intestinal mucosa of rats with acute necrotizing pancreatitis (ANP).
- FasL shedding is reduced by hypothermia in experimental strokeLiping Liu
Department of Neurology, University of California, San Francisco and the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center, California, USA
J Neurochem 106:541-50. 2008..that the brain may undergo apoptotic death via extrinsic, or receptor-mediated pathways, such as that triggered by Fas/FasL...
- Blockade of the Fas/Fas ligand interaction suppresses hepatocyte apoptosis in ischemia-reperfusion rat liverHiroo Nakajima
Department of Endocrine, Breast Surgery, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Apoptosis 13:1013-21. 2008..Here we found that through the Fas/Fas ligand interaction apoptosis is involved in the late phase of hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury...
- Multiple cyclin kinase inhibitors promote bile acid-induced apoptosis and autophagy in primary hepatocytes via p53-CD95-dependent signalingGuo Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0035, USA
J Biol Chem 283:24343-58. 2008..Thus, CDK inhibitors suppress MDM2 levels and enhance p53 expression that facilitates bile acid-induced, ceramide-dependent CD95 activation to induce both apoptosis and autophagy in primary hepatocytes...
- [Effect of aluminium on neural behavior and the expression of Bcl-2 and Fas in hippocampus of weaning rats]Cuihong Jin
Department of Toxicology, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 38:1-3. 2009..To explore the effect of aluminium on neural behavior and the expressions of apoptosis genes in weaning rats in order to make out the mechanism of damage of CNS development...
- Tetrazolium violet induces apoptosis via caspases-8, -9 activation and Fas/FasL up-regulation in rat C6 glioma cellsCheng Fa Cai
School of Life Science, Shandong University, Jinan, 250100, China
Arch Pharm Res 32:575-81. 2009..In this study, we further investigated which Fas/FasL and caspase were activated by TV during the apoptosis...
- Angiotensin II-inducible smooth muscle cell apoptosis involves the angiotensin II type 2 receptor, GATA-6 activation, and FasL-Fas engagementNicole Y Tan
Centre for Vascular Research, University of New South Wales, Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Circ Res 105:422-30. 2009b>Fas ligand (FasL)-mediated smooth muscle cell (SMC) apoptosis within the vulnerable plaque may lead to plaque instability and rupture, events that underlie myocardial infarction and stroke.
- Myocardial fibrosis and apoptosis, but not inflammation, are present in long-term experimental diabetesS Ares-Carrasco
Vascular Pathology Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz Hospital, Autonoma University, Av Reyes Catolicos 2, Madrid 28040, Spain
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H2109-19. 2009..Proapoptotic molecules FasL, Fas, Bax, and cleaved caspase-3 were also augmented. Myocardial injury in long-term hypertension shared these features...
- Fas inhibition attenuates lipopolysaccharide-induced apoptosis and cytokine release of rat type II alveolar epithelial cellsXinhua Ma
Department of ICU, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, 410008, Changsha, China
Mol Biol Rep 37:3051-6. 2010The aim of this study is to investigate whether silencing of Fas could have an influence on type II alveolar epithelial cell (AEC) apoptosis and inflammatory cytokine production, which prevents alveolar healing after acute lung injury (..
- Non-viral systemic delivery of Fas siRNA suppresses cyclophosphamide-induced diabetes in NOD miceJi Hoon Jeong
College of Pharmacy, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
J Control Release 143:88-94. 2010A membrane receptor, Fas (CD95), and its ligand FasL have been considered as key players in diabetes pathogenesis. They are known to mediate interactions between beta cells and cytotoxic T cells, which results in apoptotic cell death...
- [Effect of formaldehyde on expressions of Fas apoptosis pathway-related genes of ovary tissues in female rats]Guoqing Peng
Department of Toxicology, School of Public Health, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:341-5. 2010..the mechanism of formaldehyde inducing ovarian toxicity in female rats by observing the effect of formaldehyde on the expression of Fas and caspase-8 mRNA, and the activity of caspase-3 and caspase-8 of ovary tissues in female rats.
- Autophagy activation in the injured photoreceptor inhibits fas-mediated apoptosisCagri G Besirli
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, W K Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105 0714, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:4193-9. 2011To examine the activation of autophagy and its relationship to Fas-mediated photoreceptor apoptosis during experimental retinal detachment.
- Inhibition of bile salt-induced apoptosis by cyclic AMP involves serine/threonine phosphorylation of CD95Roland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Gastroenterology 126:249-62. 2004..Cyclic AMP (cAMP) inhibits bile salt-induced hepatocyte apoptosis; the underlying mechanisms are unclear...
- The Src family kinase Yes triggers hyperosmotic activation of the epidermal growth factor receptor and CD95Roland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University, Moorenstrasse 5, Dusseldorf D 40225, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:23977-87. 2004..However, the functional relevance of hyperosmolarity-induced Fyn and Lck activation remains to be elucidated...
- MECHANISM OF RETINAL ISCHEMIADANIEL ROSENBAUM; Fiscal Year: 2005..b) Multi-modal therapy employing caspase inhibitor(s) and anti-excitotoxic strategies work synergistically toreduce ischemic retinal damage. ..
- Apoptosis in Retinal DetachmentsDavid Zacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will allow us to develop and test new neuroprotective therapies for improving visual outcomes in retinal disease. ..