Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: F2
Description: coagulation factor II
Alias: prothrombin, coagulation factor 2, thrombin
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Thrombin enhances the barrier function of rat microvascular endothelium in a PAR-1-dependent mannerB Troyanovsky
Center for Lung Biology, University of South Alabama College of Medicine, 307 North University Drive, Mobile, AL 36688 0002, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 294:L266-75. 2008b>Thrombin is a multifunctional coagulation protease with pro- and anti-inflammatory vascular effects. We questioned whether thrombin may have segmentally differentiated effects on pulmonary endothelium...
- Thrombin enhances the production of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and macrophage inflammatory protein-2 in cultured rat glomerular epithelial cellsTakeshi Fujita
Department of Nephrology, Hirosaki University Graduate School of Medicine, Hirosaki, 036 8562, Japan
Nephrol Dial Transplant 23:3412-7. 2008..MCP-1 and MIP-2 are potent chemoattractant leukocyte cytokines, and they may be involved in crescent formation. Thrombin participates in fibrin formation...
- Activation of the coagulation cascade in C1-inhibitor deficienciesM Cugno
Institute of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Blood 89:3213-8. 1997..Generation of thrombin was measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) as plasma levels of the prothrombin fragment 1 + 2 (F1 + 2); the initiators of the tissue factor and contact coagulation pathways were investigated ..
- The coagulation/fibrinolysis balance in systemic sclerosis: evidence for a haematological stress syndromeP R Ames
Department of Haematology, St Thomas Hospital, London
Br J Rheumatol 36:1045-50. 1997..Of the coagulation activation markers, the mean plasma level of prothrombin fragment 1 + 2 (F1 + 2), but not of thrombin-antithrombin complexes (TAT), was higher in SSc patients than in ..
- A recombinant murine meizothrombin precursor, prothrombin R157A/R268A, inhibits thrombosis in a model of acute carotid artery injuryKyuhwan Shim
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Box 8022, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood 104:415-9. 2004Mutations in human prothrombin that generate a stable form of meizothrombin or meizothrombin(desF1) cause dysprothrombinemia in both the homozygous and heterozygous state, suggesting that meizothrombin has dominant anticoagulant effects ..
- Factor V Leiden and prothrombin gene G20210A mutations in Italian patients with Behçet's disease and deep vein thrombosisMauro Silingardi
Ospedale di Reggio Emilia, Regio Emilia, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 51:177-83. 2004To evaluate the frequency and type of vascular lesions and to study the association of factor V gene G1691A (Leiden) and prothrombin gene G20210A polymorphisms with venous thrombosis in Italian patients with Behçet's disease (BD).
- Antithrombotic activity of kininogen is mediated by inhibitory effects of domain 3 during arterial injury in vivoSarmina Hassan
Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Temple Univeristy School of Medicine, 3400 N Broad St, Rm 418 OMS, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2959-65. 2007..kininogen (HK) and its domain 3 (D3) exhibit anticoagulant properties and inhibit platelet activation at low thrombin concentration in vitro...
- Genetic and acquired prothrombotic risk factors and sudden hearing lossPasquale Capaccio
Department of Otorhinolaryngological and Ophthalmological Sciences, Policlinico Foundation I R C C S, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Laryngoscope 117:547-51. 2007..A number of inherited prothrombotic risk factors and their related genetic alterations have recently been correlated with vascular disorders...
- Thrombin generation in trauma patientsNancy M Dunbar
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Transfusion 49:2652-60. 2009..ACT is incompletely understood, but is similar to disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) and is associated with poor outcome...
- Fructose-1,6-bisphosphate inhibits in vitro and ex vivo platelet aggregation induced by ADP and ameliorates coagulation alterations in experimental sepsis in ratsLuciana M de Oliveira
Laboratório de Biofísica Celular e Inflamação, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul PUCRS, Avenida Ipiranga 6681, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Thromb Thrombolysis 29:387-94. 2010..Moreover, treatment with FBP 2 g/kg prevented thrombocytopenia (P < 0.001), prolongation of prothrombin and partial thromboplastin time (P < 0.001), but not fibrinogen, in septic rats...
- Activation of coagulation in bullous pemphigoid and other eosinophil-related inflammatory skin diseasesA V Marzano
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Clin Exp Immunol 165:44-50. 2011..b>Prothrombin fragment F1+2 and d-dimer (coagulation markers) were measured by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) in ..
- 5/6 nephrectomy as a validated rat model mimicking human warfarin-related nephropathyA Ozcan
Department of Pathology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Am J Nephrol 35:356-64. 2012..Limitations of the brodifacoum model precluded a careful assessment of dose-response relationships...
- Coagulation and fibrinolysis abnormalities in familial amyloid polyneuropathyRyoichi Takahashi
Department of Neurology and Neurobiology of Aging, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Takara machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Amyloid 19:129-32. 2012..However, few have investigated coagulation and fibrinolysis in FAP. The objective of this study was to determine abnormalities in plasma biomarkers of coagulation and fibrinolysis in FAP...
- Bacillus anthracis cell wall peptidoglycan but not lethal or edema toxins produces changes consistent with disseminated intravascular coagulation in a rat modelPing Qiu
Critical Care Medicine Department, Clinical Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 208:978-89. 2013..Although lethal toxin (LT) and edema toxin (ET) could contribute, B. anthracis cell wall peptidoglycan (PGN), not the toxins, stimulates inflammatory responses associated with DIC...
- The 3'end prothrombin gene variants in patients with different thrombotic eventsValentina Djordjevic
Institute of Molecular Genetics and Genetic Engineeringand
Lab Med 45:309-14. 2014b>Prothrombin (FII) A19911G and C20221T gene variants are associated with increased prothrombin levels and potentially represent thrombotic risk factors.
- Genetic analysis and functional characterization of prothrombins Corpus Christi (Arg382-Cys), Dhahran (Arg271-His), and hypoprothrombinemiaA S O'Marcaigh
Section of Pediatric Hematology, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Blood 88:2611-8. 1996The structural abnormalities and functional characteristics of dysfunctional prothrombin variants in two new kindreds have been determined...
- Prothrombin deficiency results in embryonic and neonatal lethality in miceW Y Sun
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, OH 45229, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:7597-602. 1998The conversion of prothrombin (FII) to the serine protease, thrombin (FIIa), is a key step in the coagulation cascade because FIIa triggers platelet activation, converts fibrinogen to fibrin, and activates regulatory pathways that both ..
- Thrombophilia is significantly associated with severe preeclampsia: results of a large-scale, case-controlled studyGiorgio Mello
The Maternal Fetal Medicine High Risk Pregnancies Unit, University of Florence, Italy
Hypertension 46:1270-4. 2005..In women with mild preeclampsia (402 cases), only prothrombin and homozygous methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene mutations were significantly more prevalent than in the ..
- Protease-activated receptor-1 and platelet-derived growth factor in spinal cord neurons are implicated in neuropathic pain after nerve injuryMinoru Narita
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 4 41 Ebara, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 25:10000-9. 2005Recently, it has been reported that both thrombin-sensitive protease-activated receptor 1 (PAR-1) and platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF) are present not only in platelets, but also in the CNS, which indicates that they have various ..
- Lack of association between inherited thrombophilic risk factors and idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss in Italian patientsGabriella Cadoni
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol 115:195-200. 2006..We investigated the presence of congenital thrombophilic risk factors in a population of consecutive Italian patients affected by idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSNHL)...
- Assessment of markers of thrombin generation in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by ventricular fibrillationElif Elmas
Department of Cardiology, First Department of Medicine, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Clin Cardiol 29:165-9. 2006....
- Modification in the von Hippel-Lindau protein is involved in the progression of experimentally induced rat glomerulonephritisYoshihiro Kudo
Department of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Kochi Medical School, Kochi, Japan
Nephron Exp Nephrol 106:e97-106. 2007..However, a role of the von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) protein in GN and mechanisms by which HV regulates the pathogenesis of GN remains unclear...
- Cyclin C and cyclin dependent kinases 1, 2 and 3 in thrombin-induced neuronal cell cycle progression and apoptosisHaripriya Vittal Rao
Garrison Institute on Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th Street Stop 9424, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Neurosci Lett 450:347-50. 2009..We previously showed upregulation of early G1 regulators in thrombin-treated neurons yet neurons did not proceed to S phase but to apoptosis...
- Down-regulation of CREB-binding protein expression blocks thrombin-mediated endothelial activation by inhibiting acetylation of NF-κBJing Chen
Department of Cardiology, Renmin Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430060, China
Int J Cardiol 154:147-52. 2012..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the role of CBP in thrombin-induced endothelial activation, and also explore the underlying mechanism.
- [Effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on hemorheology and coagulation in atherosclerotic rats]Ya bing Yang
Department of Geriatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 90:2004-7. 2010..To investigate the effect of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3PUFAs) on the hemorheology and coagulation function of high-fat induced atherosclerotic rats and understand the underlying mechanism...
- Thrombin-inhibiting perfluorocarbon nanoparticles provide a novel strategy for the treatment and magnetic resonance imaging of acute thrombosisJ Myerson
Washington University, Saint Louis, MO, USA
J Thromb Haemost 9:1292-300. 2011As a regulator of the penultimate step in the coagulation cascade, thrombin represents a principal target of direct and specific anticoagulants.
- Hematological and morphological investigation of thrombogenic mechanisms in the lungs of phenylhydrazine-treated ratsHiroko Sato
Safety Research Laboratories, Research Division, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, 1 1 1, Kazusakamatari, Kisarazu, Chiba 292 0818, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 65:457-62. 2013..Changes in hemostatic parameters were noted only on day 4; which were prolonged prothrombin time and activated partial thromboplastin time, greatly increased plasma thrombin-antithrombin complex levels ..
- Thrombin promotes the expression of thrombospondin-1 and -2 in a rat model of intracerebral hemorrhageA Li Yang
Institute of Integrative Medicine, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410008, Hunan, PR China
J Neurol Sci 323:141-6. 2012Spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) is one of the most severe types of stroke. Thrombin has been reported to participate in brain repair following ICH and play an important role in angiogenesis...
- Thrombin-induced TGF-β1 pathway: a cause of communicating hydrocephalus post subarachnoid hemorrhageTong Li
Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital of Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang, Henan 453100, PR China
Int J Mol Med 31:660-6. 2013..To investigate the mechanism of the communicating hydrocephalus following SAH, we infused CSF with thrombin (TH), resulting in proinflammatory and proliferative responses in rat meninges of SAH...
- Acute coagulopathy of trauma in the ratDaniel N Darlington
U S Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam, Houston TX 78234, USA
Shock 39:440-6. 2013..aCOT) is a state of disordered coagulation developing soon after severe injury and blood loss and has been defined in the clinical literature as an elevation in prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (aPTT).
- Effects of gabexate mesilate on coagulopathy and organ dysfunction in rats with endotoxemia: a potential use of thrombelastography in endotoxin-induced sepsisHsin Jung Tsai
aDepartment of Pharmacology, National Defense Medical Center bDepartment of Anesthesiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan cCenter of Coronary Heart Disease, Fu Wai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China dDepartment of Anesthesiology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital and National Yang Ming University eDepartment of Anesthesiology fGraduate Institute of Aerospace and Undersea Medicine, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei gDepartment of Anesthesiology, Tungs Taichung Metroharbor Hospital, Taichung hDepartment of Pharmacology, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan Wen Jinn Liaw and Chin Chen Wu contributed equally to this study
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 26:175-84. 2015..dysfunction, consumptive coagulopathy, the increases in serum tumor necrosis factor-α, interleukin-6, plasma thrombin-antithrombin complex and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1, and neutrophils infiltration score in lung, liver and ..
- Genetic diminution of circulating prothrombin ameliorates multiorgan pathologies in sickle cell disease miceParitha I Arumugam
Division of Experimental Hematology and Cancer Biology
Blood 126:1844-55. 2015..To explore the hypothesis that reduced prothrombin (factor II [FII]) levels in SCD will limit vaso-occlusion, vasculopathy, and inflammation, we used 2 strategies ..
- [Evaluation of thrombin in urine as a real-time indicator of clotting activation in glomerulonephritis]Yasunori Kitamoto
Department of Nephrology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 8556
Rinsho Byori 52:350-4. 2004..tissues are injured and bleeding occurs, blood clotting is immediately activated and fibrin clots are formed by thrombin. Afterwards, antithrombin III promptly inactivates thrombin, which restricts the clotting to the bleeding site...
- Renal prothrombin mRNA is significantly decreased in a hyperoxaluric rat model of nephrolithiasisP K Grover
Urology Unit, Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre and Flinders University Bedford Park 5042, South Australia, Australia
J Pathol 210:273-81. 2006Although urinary prothrombin fragment 1 (UPTF1) possesses several hallmarks expected of a regulatory protein in urolithiasis, its precise role remains unknown...
- Protective effects of antithrombin on puromycin aminonucleoside nephrosis in ratsJunji Yamashita
Pharmaceutical Research Laboratory, Research Division, Nihon Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Narita City, Chiba, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 589:239-44. 2008..These findings suggest that thrombin plays an important role in the pathogenesis of puromycin aminonucleoside-induced nephrotic syndrome...
- Time course of upregulation of inflammatory mediators in the hemorrhagic brain in rats: correlation with brain edemaHe Wu
Department of Pathology, First Clinical Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin 150001, PR China
Neurochem Int 57:248-53. 2010Intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) can cause secondary brain damage through inflammation-related pathways. Thrombin and one of its receptors, protease activated receptor-1 (PAR-1); matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-9; and aquaporin (AQP)-4 are ..
- Prothrombin haplotype associated with kidney stone disease in Northeastern Thai patientsNanyawan Rungroj
Division of Medical Molecular Biology, Department of Research and Development, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Urology 77:249.e17-23. 2011..To evaluate genetic variations associated with kidney stone disease in Northeastern Thai patients...
- Hemodialysis vascular access thrombosis: The role of factor V Leiden, prothrombin gene mutation and ABO blood groupsDanyelle R A Rios
Department of Clinical and Toxicological Analysis, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 412:425-9. 2011..The aim of this study was to investigate the association between HD vascular access thrombosis and mutations in the prothrombin and factor V Leiden (FV) genes and ABO blood system.
- Analysis of thrombin-antithrombin complex contents in plasma and hematoma fluid of hypertensive intracerebral hemorrhage patients after clot removalC H Wu
Department of Neurology, The Second Affiliated Clinical College of Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou 350003, China
Eur J Neurol 18:1060-6. 2011Animal experiments indicate that the cerebral thrombin is associated with secondary brain damage after intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)...
- Thrombin-induced autophagy: a potential role in intracerebral hemorrhageShukun Hu
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Brain Res 1424:60-6. 2011Autophagy occurs in the brain after intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) and thrombin contributes to ICH-induced brain injury and cell death...
- Exogenous normal lymph alleviating kidney injury by improving coagulation function in disseminated intravascular coagulation ratsZi gang Zhao
Institute of Microcirculation, Hebei North University, Hebei Zhangjiakou, PR China
Ren Fail 34:221-6. 2012..To investigate the effect of exogenous normal lymph on kidney injury in disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) rats and to probe its mechanism...
- Multiplexed quantification of 63 proteins in human urine by multiple reaction monitoring-based mass spectrometry for discovery of potential bladder cancer biomarkersYi Ting Chen
Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan 333, Taiwan
J Proteomics 75:3529-45. 2012..b>Prothrombin had the highest AUC (0.796), with 71.1% sensitivity and 75...
- Thrombophilia and avascular necrosis of femoral head in kidney allograft recipientsYakup Ekmekci
Department of Nephrology, Ankara University School of Medicine, Ibni Sina Hospital, 06100, Ankara, Turkey
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3555-8. 2006..We aimed to search for the relation of both prothrombin gene G20210A mutation and factor V G1691A (factor V Leiden) mutation with AVN among kidney transplant recipients...
- Nebulized anticoagulants limit coagulopathy but not inflammation in pseudomonas aeruginosa-induced pneumonia in ratsAlexander D Cornet
Laboratory of Experimental Intensive Care and Anesthesiology LEICA, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Shock 36:417-23. 2011..of pulmonary coagulation and inhibition of pulmonary fibrinolysis, as reflected by increased pulmonary levels of thrombin-AT complexes and fibrin degradation products and decreased pulmonary levels plasminogen activator activity...
- Thrombin generation in type 2 diabetes with albuminuria and macrovascular diseaseLeyla Ay
Department of Internal Medicine I, Rudolfstiftung Hospital Vienna, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Eur J Clin Invest 42:470-7. 2012..Albuminuria is an indicator of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetic mellitus (T2DM)...
- Expression of coagulation factors and their receptors in tumor tissue and coagulation factor upregulation in peripheral blood of patients with cerebral carcinoma metastasesJan Walter
Department of Neurosurgery, Medical Center of Friedrich Schiller University, University Hospital Jena, Erlanger Allee 101, 07747, Jena, Germany
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 138:141-51. 2012..This phenomenon is also known for patients with primary or secondary brain tumors; but the reasons are not identified...
- Cyclic stretch-induced thrombin generation by rat vascular smooth muscle cells is mediated by the integrin αvβ3 pathwayXianQing Mao
INSERM, U961, Vandoeuvre les Nancy, France
Cardiovasc Res 96:513-23. 2012Vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) phenotypic modulation plays a pivotal role in atherothrombotic diseases. Thrombin generation at the surface of VSMCs and activation of integrin mechanotransduction pathways represent potential mechanisms...
- Thrombin regulation of synaptic transmission: implications for seizure onsetNicola Maggio
Talpiot Medical Leadership Program, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, 52621 Tel Hashomer, Israel
Neurobiol Dis 50:171-8. 2013Seizures are a common outcome of cerebrovascular events as well as of traumatic brain injuries. Thrombin, a protease-activated receptor (PAR) agonist, has been implicated in the onset of seizures in these settings, yet its mode of action ..
- Detection of a single base substitution of the gene for prothrombin Tokushima. The application of PCR-SSCP for the genetic and molecular analysis of dysprothrombinemiaH Iwahana
Otsuka Department of Clinical and Molecular Nutrition, School of Medicine, University of Tokushima, Japan
Int J Hematol 55:93-100. 1992The genetic and molecular basis of a mutant prothrombin of 'prothrombin Tokushima' was studied by polymerase chain reaction-single strand conformation polymorphism (PCR-SSCP) and PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) ..
- Partial characterization of vertebrate prothrombin cDNAs: amplification and sequence analysis of the B chain of thrombin from nine different speciesD K Banfield
Department of Biochemistry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:2779-83. 1992The cDNA sequence of the B chain of thrombin (EC 184.108.40.206) has been determined from nine vertebrate species (rat, mouse, rabbit, chicken, gecko, newt, rainbow trout, sturgeon, and hagfish). The amino acid sequence identities vary from 96...
- cDNA sequence of rat prothrombinM Dihanich
Friedrich Miescher Institute, Basel, Switzerland
Nucleic Acids Res 18:4251. 1990
- A prothrombin gene mutation is significantly associated with venous thrombosisR K Kapur
Department of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 17:2875-9. 1997This case-control study examined the prevalence of a prothrombin gene mutation in the 3'-untranslated region (UTR) first reported by Poort et al in Dutch subjects with a history of venous thrombosis and in matched control subjects ..
- Effect of dienogest on bleeding time, coagulation, fibrinolysis, and platelet aggregation in female ratsH Nobukata
Toxicology Laboratory, Mochida Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Fujieda, Shizuoka, Japan
Toxicol Lett 104:93-101. 1999..In comparison with MPA and danazol, dienogest may induce a relatively high incidence of bleeding in patients with endometriosis partially because of its minimal effect on hemostasis...
- Prevalence and association of the factor V Leiden and prothrombin G20210A in healthy subjects and patients with venous thromboembolismD Coen
Clinical Institute of Laboratory Diagnostics, Zagreb University Hospital Center, Zagreb, Croatia
Croat Med J 42:488-92. 2001To determine the prevalences of factor V Leiden and the G20210A mutation in the prothrombin gene (PT20210A) and the frequency of their association in healthy subjects and in patients with venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- Increase of prothrombin-mRNA after global cerebral ischemia in rats, with constant expression of protease nexin-1 and protease-activated receptorsM Riek-Burchardt
Project Group Neuropharmacology, Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, POB 1860, Brenneckestrasse 6, 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
Neurosci Lett 329:181-4. 2002b>Prothrombin, protease-activated receptors (PARs) and the specific thrombin inhibitor protease nexin-1 (PN-1) are expressed in the brain...
- Intrauterine expression of prothrombin in the sprague-dawley ratMark Phillippe
Section of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Soc Gynecol Investig 9:276-81. 2002..These studies sought to determine whether functionally active prothrombin is expressed in the pregnant and nonpregnant rat uterus...
- Thrombin activity and platelet microparticle formation are increased in type 2 diabetic platelets: a potential correlation with caspase activationZoe Cohen
Section of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery and the Sarver Heart Center, Physiological Sciences Interdisciplinary Graduate Program, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Thromb Res 107:217-21. 2002..provides an anchor, phosphatidylserine, for the attachment of the prothrombinase complex, which allows increased thrombin formation...
- The protein C pathwayCharles T Esmon
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Chest 124:26S-32S. 2003..The essential components of the pathway involve thrombin, thrombomodulin, the endothelial cell protein C receptor (EPCR), protein C, and protein S...
- Thrombin exacerbates brain edema in focal cerebral ischemiaY Hua
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0532, USA
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:163-6. 2003..We found that brain thrombin activity was elevated after permanent MCA occlusion as was prothrombin messenger RNA expression...
- Thrombophilic risk factors in patients with severe carotid atherosclerosisR Marcucci
Thrombosis Center, University of Florence, Dipartimento del Cuore e dei Vasi, Center for the Study at Molecular and Clinical Level of Chronic, Degenerative and Neoplastic Diseases to Develop Novel Therapies, Firenze, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 3:502-7. 2005..The results of the present study demonstrate that the prevalence of the thrombophilic risk factors is increased in patients with severe carotid atherosclerosis...
- The role of thrombin in gliomasY Hua
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:1917-23. 2005In a previous study we found that intracerebral infusion of argatroban, a specific thrombin inhibitor, reduces brain edema and neurologic deficits in a C6 glioma model.
- Renal tissue factor expression is increased in streptozotocin-induced diabetic miceDirkje W Sommeijer
Laboratory for Experimental Internal Medicine, AMC, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nephron Exp Nephrol 101:e86-94. 2005..Recent evidence suggests that TF plays a role in renal fibrin formation and renal failure in experimental kidney disease. We hypothesized that hyperglycemia is an important stimulus of TF expression in the kidney...
- Folate deficiency-induced hyperhomocysteinemia attenuates, and folic acid supplementation restores, the functional activities of rat coagulation factors XII, X, and IILiselotte Sabroe Ebbesen
Clinical Institute and Center for Hemophilia and Thrombosis, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University Hospital of Aarhus Skejby Sygehus, Denmark
J Nutr 135:1836-40. 2005..These findings may partially explain the prolonged initiation phase of WBCP in FD-HH rats. The changes in single coagulation factor functions and WBCPs in FD-HH rats were reversed by treatment with folic acid...
- Prothrombin gene expression in articular cartilage with a putative role in cartilage degeneration secondary to joint immobilityGuy Trudel
Bone and Joint Research Laboratory, Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Rheumatol 32:1547-55. 2005To test the hypothesis that thrombin is expressed by chondrocytes from human and animal articular cartilage and to monitor its levels of expression during cartilage degeneration induced by joint immobility in a rat model.
- Inverse correlation between activated protein C generation and carotid atherosclerosis in Type 2 diabetic patientsK Matsumoto
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Diabet Med 24:1322-8. 2007..We studied the relationship between the degree of atherosclerosis as measured by the intima-media thickness (IMT) of carotid artery and APC generation in Type 2 diabetic patients...
- Pulsatile equibiaxial stretch inhibits thrombin-induced RhoA and NF-kappaB activationJason H Haga
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093 00435, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 372:216-20. 2008This study investigated interactions between the effects of mechanical stretch and thrombin on RhoA activation in rat aortic smooth muscle cells (RASMC)...
- Hyperglycemia is associated with enhanced thrombin formation, platelet activation, and fibrin clot resistance to lysis in patients with acute coronary syndromeAnetta Undas
Institute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Diabetes Care 31:1590-5. 2008..Postulated mechanisms of this observation include prothrombotic effects. The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of elevated glucose levels on blood clotting in acute coronary syndrome patients...
- PKC isoenzymes differentially modulate the effect of thrombin on MAPK-dependent RPE proliferationJose P Palma-Nicolas
Departamento de Neurociencias, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico UNAM, Apartado Postal 70 253, Ciudad Universitaria, C P 04510, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Biosci Rep 28:307-17. 2008b>Thrombin signalling through PAR (protease-activated receptor)-1 is involved in cellular processes, such as proliferation, differentiation and cell survival...
- The transactivated epidermal growth factor receptor recruits Pyk2 to regulate Src kinase activityDag Schauwienold
Abteilung Klinische Pharmakologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Biol Chem 283:27748-56. 2008..factor (EGF) receptor ligands and activation of the nonreceptor tyrosine kinases Pyk2 and Src contributed to the thrombin-induced ERK1/2 phosphorylation...
- Involvement of PGE2 and PGDH but not COX-2 in thrombin-induced cortical neuron apoptosisLakshmi Thirumangalakudi
Garrison Institute on Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, 3601 4th Street, MS9424, Lubbock, TX 79430, United States
Neurosci Lett 452:172-5. 2009The pathways that contribute to thrombin-induced neuron death have been incompletely defined. Induction of cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2), the enzyme that catalyzes the first step in prostaglandin synthesis, promotes neuronal injury...
- Coagulation factor Xa activates thrombin in ischemic neural tissueJonathan Thevenet
Neurology Laboratory, Neurology Service, CHUV Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois and Lausanne University, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Neurochem 111:828-36. 2009..24 h after OGD and this increase was prevented by fondaparinux suggesting that FXa catalyzes the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin in neural tissue after ischemia in vitro...
- Brain endothelial cells synthesize neurotoxic thrombin in Alzheimer's diseaseXiangling Yin
Garrison Institute on Aging, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, TX 79430, USA
Am J Pathol 176:1600-6. 2010..The multifunctional protease thrombin is neurotoxic and found in AD senile plaques...
- Initial predictive factors of outcome in severe non-accidental head trauma in childrenDidier Scavarda
Department of Pediatric Neurosurgery, CHU Timone Enfants, 264 rue Saint Pierre, 13385, Marseille Cedex 05, France
Childs Nerv Syst 26:1555-61. 2010....
- Beneficial effects of magnolol in a rodent model of endotoxin shockYung Chieh Tsai
Center for Reproductive Medicine, Chi Mei Foundation Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 641:67-73. 2010..Moreover, the plasma level of the thrombin-antithrombin complex following administration of LPS was also reduced by post-treatment with magnolol...
- Differential effects of TAK-442, a novel orally active direct factor Xa inhibitor, and ximelagatran, a thrombin inhibitor, on factor V-mediated feedback on coagulation cascade and bleedingNoriko Konishi
Pharmacology Research Laboratories, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, Osaka, Japan
Thromb Haemost 104:504-13. 2010..In normal plasma, TAK-442 delayed the onset of tissue factor-induced thrombin generation and prolonged prothrombin time (PT) with more gradual concentration-response curve than melagatran, the active form of ximelagatran...
- Inflammatory and prothrombotic activation with conserved endothelial function in patients with chronic, asymptomatic Chagas diseaseRamón N Herrera
Haemostasis and Thrombosis Department, Zenón J Santillán Hospital Health Center, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Tucuman, Argentina
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 17:502-7. 2011..Previously, our group showed a prothrombotic state in asymptomatic patients with chronic Chagas disease. The current paper studies the inflammatory status and endothelial function in these patients...
- Thrombin mediates severe neurovascular injury during ischemiaBo Chen
Division of Biological Sciences, Department of Neuroscience, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, Calif, USA
Stroke 41:2348-52. 2010..b>Thrombin activation is a key step in coagulation, and thrombin has recently been shown to mediate endothelial permeability ..
- Evaluation of AR-H067637, the active metabolite of the new direct thrombin inhibitor AZD0837, in models of venous and arterial thrombosis and bleeding in anaesthetised ratsS Pehrsson
AstraZeneca R and D, Bioscience, SE 431 83 Molndal, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 104:1242-9. 2010..is a once-daily oral anticoagulant that is bioconverted to AR-H067637, a selective, reversible direct thrombin inhibitor (DTI)...
- Activated contact system and abnormal glycosaminoglycans in lupus and other auto- and non-autoimmune diseasesPeter Weiser
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 93:443-72. 2010..The activated contact system generates thrombin. Thrombin is responsible for thrombosis, a common cause of death and disabilities for both HIT and SLE...
- Expression of thrombin and its associated protein in cerebellum of human and rat after intracerebral hemorrhageZhi Yi Zhang
Department of Rheumatology and Immunology, First Clinical Hospital, Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang 150001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 123:2077-81. 2010..The purpose of the study was to explore the effect of thrombin, protease nexin-1 (PN-1) and protease activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) in rat and human cerebellum after ICH.
- Clinicopathological features of severe and fulminant forms of autoimmune hepatitisShin Yasui
Department of Medicine and Clinical Oncology, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
J Gastroenterol 46:378-90. 2011..We examined them for a better understanding and improvement of the prognosis of "life-threatening" severe and fulminant AIH...
- Thrombin-cleaved osteopontin levels in synovial fluid correlate with disease severity of knee osteoarthritisMasahiro Hasegawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Rheumatol 38:129-34. 2011..Presence of the thrombin-cleaved form of OPN is well correlated with various inflammatory diseases...
- Localization and expression of prothrombin in rodent osteoclasts and long bonesErik Karlström
Division of Oral Biology, Department of Dental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Calcif Tissue Int 88:179-88. 2011The serum protein prothrombin (PT) is proteolytically converted to thrombin during the coagulation cascade by the cell-associated prothrombinase complex...
- Thrombin induces macrophage migration inhibitory factor release and upregulation in urothelium: a possible contribution to bladder inflammationPedro L Vera
Research and Development, The Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, Bay Pines, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e15904. 2010..We investigated the effect of stimulation with thrombin, a Protease Activated Receptor-1 (PAR1) agonist, on MIF release and MIF mRNA upregulation in urothelial cells.
- Metabolic, inflammatory, endothelial and haemostatic markers in a group of Italian obese children and adolescentsPaola Giordano
Department of Biomedicine of Developing Age, University of Bari, Piazza G Cesare, 11, 70100, Bari, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 170:845-50. 2011..Hypercoagulability was assessed by measuring the circulating levels of thrombin-antithrombin complex (TAT), D: -dimer, fibrinogen, plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1) and von Willebrand ..
- Functional polymorphisms of the coagulation factor II gene (F2) and susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosusF Yesim K Demirci
Department of Human Genetics, Graduate School of Public Health, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Rheumatol 38:652-7. 2011..rs1799963 (G20210A) and rs3136516 (A19911G), are known to be associated with elevated levels/activity of prothrombin (encoded by F2) and risk of thrombosis...
- Thrombin generation in pediatric patients with Crohn's diseaseHeike Bernhard
Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of Graz, Austria
Inflamm Bowel Dis 17:2333-9. 2011..The pathogenesis of IBD is not really clear and a high thrombin activity might contribute to the pathogenesis...
- Increased prothrombin, apolipoprotein A-IV, and haptoglobin in the cerebrospinal fluid of patients with Huntington's diseaseYen Chu Huang
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e15809. 2011..b>Prothrombin, apolipoprotein A-IV (Apo A-IV) and haptoglobin were elevated in CSF of the HD patients in comparison with the ..
- Antiinflammatory and antifibrotic effects of the oral direct thrombin inhibitor dabigatran etexilate in a murine model of interstitial lung diseaseGalina S Bogatkevich
Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:1416-25. 2011Activation of the coagulation cascade leading to generation of thrombin has been documented extensively in various forms of lung injury, including that associated with systemic sclerosis...
- Validating the incidence of coagulopathy and disseminated intravascular coagulation in patients with traumatic brain injury--analysis of 242 casesYirui Sun
Department of Neurosurgery, Huashan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, PR China
Br J Neurosurg 25:363-8. 2011..To estimate the incidence of coagulopathy and disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC) in patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI) and to investigate its relationship to patient outcome...
- In vivo anticoagulant effect of ethyl pyruvate in endotoxemic ratsChing Wen Kung
Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Thromb Res 127:582-8. 2011..Recently, EP showed anticoagulant effects in vitro. Therefore, the aim of study is to investigate the in vivo anticoagulant effect of EP on a severe DIC model induced by lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in anesthetized Wistar rats...
- The development of inflammatory joint disease is attenuated in mice expressing the anticoagulant prothrombin mutant W215A/E217AMatthew J Flick
Department of Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, USA
Blood 117:6326-37. 2011..To explore the hypothesis that a prothrombin variant favoring antithrombotic pathways would be compatible with development but limit inflammatory processes ..
- Prediction of venous thromboembolism in patients with cancer by measuring thrombin generation: results from the Vienna Cancer and Thrombosis StudyCihan Ay
Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Clin Oncol 29:2099-103. 2011..Laboratory tests measuring the overall thrombophilic tendency might be useful to assess VTE risk. The aim of this study was to investigate thrombin generation, a key process in hemostasis, as predictor of cancer-associated VTE.
- [Effect of inhalation of aerosolized unfractioned heparin on peri alveolar coagulability and inflammatory response in endotoxin induced acute lung injury rat model]Zong yu Wang
Department of Anesthesiology, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing 100044, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 23:239-42. 2011....
- Is fibrin formation and thrombin generation increased during and after an acute coronary syndrome?Mika Skeppholm
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Clinical Sciences, Danderyd Hospital, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Res 128:483-9. 2011..We also investigated thrombin generation using the calibrated automated thrombogram (CAT), and assessed thrombin generation in vivo by ..
- Thrombin mutant W215A/E217A treatment improves neurological outcome and reduces cerebral infarct size in a mouse model of ischemic strokeMichelle A Berny-Lang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, 3303 SW Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Stroke 42:1736-41. 2011..In contrast, activation of endogenous protein C using thrombin mutant W215A/E217A (WE) is antithrombotic without hemostasis impairment in primates...
- The acute coagulopathy of trauma is due to impaired initial thrombin generation but not clot formation or clot strengthJeffrey N Harr
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
J Surg Res 170:319-24. 2011..of ACOT, but thrombelastography (TEG) may provide insight by assessing hemostatic function from initial thrombin activation to fibrinolysis...
- Continuous active state of coagulation system in patients with nonthrombotic inflammatory bowel diseaseHuseyin Alkim
Bakirkoy Dr Sadi Konuk Training and Research Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 17:600-4. 2011..Platelets; prothrombin time (PT); partial thromboplastin time (PTT); fibrinogen; D-dimer; fibrinogen degradation products; protein C; ..
- Markers of autoreactivity, coagulation and angiogenesis in patients with nonallergic asthmaR Asero
Ambulatorio di Allergologia, Clinica San Carlo, Paderno Dugnano, Milano, Italy
Allergy 66:1339-44. 2011..Activation of the coagulation cascade and hyper-expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) were recently found in CU, and there is sparse evidence that the same may occur in asthma...
- Effect of acute exacerbations on circulating endothelial, clotting and fibrinolytic markers in COPD patientsRiccardo Polosa
Dipartimento di Medicina Interna e Specialistica, Universita di Catania, Catania, Italy
Intern Emerg Med 8:567-74. 2013..IL-6); endothelium damage: von Willebrand's factor (vWF); clotting activation: D-dimer (D-D), and prothrombin fragment 1+2 (F1+2); fibrinolytic response: plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 (PAI-1), in COPD subjects, during ..
- Functional Characterization-Lipoprotein Lipase MutationsM Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Analysis of Apolipoprotein H in LupusM Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 5) perform in vitro mutagenesis and expression studies to express different apoH allelic-isoforms to evaluate isoform-specific inhibition of LDL oxidation. ..
- Genetic & Structure-Function Studies: Paraoxonase In SLEM Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will systematically screen the three PON genes for new mutations (Aim 1) and, in conjunction with known PON potymorphisms, we will evaluate their genetic and functional significances (Aims 2-4). ..
- Risk Genes in Alzheimer's DiseaseM Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2006..S. whites and blacks. The proposed immunochemical, functional, molecular and genetic epidemiological studies will enable us to delineate the role of the apoD in the etiology of AD. ..
- Genetic Determinants of HDL-CholesterolM Ilyas Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2010..As a result of these analyses, we should be able to definitively determine both rare and common variants that contribute to high and low HDL-C levels. ..
- Prothrombin Gene Variation and the Risk of SLE and CHDM Ilyas Kamboh; Fiscal Year: 2010..and positional candidate gene for systemic erythematosus (SLE) that codes for coagulation factor II or prothrombin (F2)...