Gene Symbol: Eno3
Description: enolase 3
Alias: BBE, MSE, beta-enolase, 2-phospho-D-glycerate hydro-lyase, Muscle specific enolase (beta beta enolose) (two splicing products), enolase 3, beta, muscle, muscle-specific enolase, skeletal muscle enolase
- Myomegalin is a novel A-kinase anchoring protein involved in the phosphorylation of cardiac myosin binding protein CGerrida M Uys
US MRC Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
BMC Cell Biol 12:18. 2011..Cardiac Myosin Binding Protein-C (cMyBPC) and cardiac troponin I (cTNI) are hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)-causing sarcomeric proteins which regulate contractility in response to PKA phosphorylation...
- Structure and expression of rat muscle-specific enolase geneK Sakimura
Department of Neuropharmacology, Niigata University, Japan
FEBS Lett 277:78-82. 1990The structure of rat muscle-specific enolase (beta beta enolase) gene was determined...
- cDNA cloning and nucleotide sequence of rat muscle-specific enolase (beta beta enolase)Y Ohshima
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Niigata University, Japan
FEBS Lett 242:425-30. 1989..The mRNA for this enolase isozyme was detected in rat skeletal muscle on day 1 after birth and its level increased rapidly during 10-30 days after birth without any change in its size (1500 bases)...
- Tissue distribution, developmental profiles and effect of denervation of enolase isozymes in rat musclesK Kato
Biochim Biophys Acta 841:50-8. 1985..All the tissues examined contained detectable levels of both alpha beta and beta beta enolases. The beta beta enolase was found at high levels in the skeletal muscle tissues (tongue, esophagus, diaphragm and leg muscles) and in ..
- Differential expression of alpha- and beta-enolase genes during rat heart development and hypertrophyA Keller
College de France, Biochimie Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité de Recherche Associée 1115, Paris, France
Am J Physiol 269:H1843-51. 1995..This study indicates that the decrease in beta-enolase gene expression may be linked to beneficial energetic changes in contractile properties occurring during cardiac hypertrophy...
- Investigation of differentially expressed proteins in rat gastrocnemius muscle during denervation-reinnervationHualin Sun
The Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, 19 Qi xiu Road, Nantong, Jiangsu Province 226001, P R China
J Muscle Res Cell Motil 27:241-50. 2006..2) The other 5 proteins (including alpha enolase, beta enolase, signal peptide peptidase-like 3, etc...
- Anabolic effects of a non-myotoxic dose of the beta2-adrenergic receptor agonist clenbuterol on rat plantaris muscleJatin G Burniston
Muscle Physiology and Proteomics Laboratory, Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Sciences, Liverpool John Moores University, Webster Street, Liverpool L3 2ET, UK
Muscle Nerve 35:217-23. 2007..The clenbuterol-induced increase in muscle growth was concomitant with qualitative changes in the muscle's proteome that need to be considered when proposing therapeutic uses for this agent...
- Advanced glycation end-product accumulation and associated protein modification in type II skeletal muscle with agingLeAnn M Snow
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis 55455, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 62:1204-10. 2007..Moreover, there is a significant increase in AGE modification of beta-enolase with age. These results identify a common subset of proteins that contain AGE and suggest that metabolic proteins are targets for glycation with aging...
- Distribution of beta-enolase in normal and tumor rat cellsEwa Seweryn
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Wroclaw Medical University, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 46:519-24. 2008..Enolase localization on the surface of some intact normal rat cardiomyocytes was also observed. This surface protein maintains enolase catalytic activity...