Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ednra
Description: endothelin receptor type A
Alias: ET-A, ET-AR, Endor, Eta, RGD1559432, endothelin-1 receptor, endothelin A receptor, endothelin-1 receptor-like
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Endothelin-1 stimulated capacitative Ca2+ entry through ET(A) receptors of a rat brain-derived type-1 astrocyte cell line, IA-1g1You Jing Ju
Institute of Neuroscience, College of Life Science, National Yang Ming University, 155, Section 2, Li Non Street, Shi Pai, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Signal 15:197-207. 2003..Thus, protein kinase C (PKC) negatively regulated and cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) positively regulated the ET-1-mediated CCE in these cells...
- Endothelin-A receptor blockade improves postischemic hepatic microhemodynamicsDirk Uhlmann
Second Department of Surgery, University of Leipzig, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S103-4. 2004..It could be shown for the first time that endothelin receptor blockade also influences platelet-endothelium interactions...
- Major role for hypoxia inducible factor-1 and the endothelin system in promoting myocardial infarction and hypertension in an animal model of obstructive sleep apneaElise Belaidi
INSERM, Grenoble, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 53:1309-17. 2009..Our aim was to investigate the involvement of the endothelin (ET) system in the cardiovascular consequences of intermittent hypoxia (IH)...
- BMPR2 mutation alters the lung macrophage endothelin-1 cascade in a mouse model and patients with heritable pulmonary artery hypertensionM Talati
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 27232 2650, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 299:L363-73. 2010..This is the first description of protein expression that distinguishes HPAH from IPAH in patients...
- Endothelin-1 increases glomerular permeability and inflammation independent of blood pressure in the ratMohamed A Saleh
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912 2500, USA
Hypertension 56:942-9. 2010..These data support the hypothesis that ET-1 directly increases glomerular permeability to albumin and renal inflammation via ET(A) receptor activation independent of changes in arterial pressure...
- Role of endogenous endothelin-1 in post-ischemic cardiac dysfunction and norepinephrine overflow in rat heartsMasashi Tawa
Laboratory of Pathological and Molecular Pharmacology, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, Osaka 569 1094, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 591:182-8. 2008....
- Contribution of endothelin A receptors in endothelin 1-dependent natriuresis in female ratsDaisuke Nakano
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, 1459 Laney Walker Blvd, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Hypertension 53:324-30. 2009..Treatment with ABT-627, an endothelin A receptor antagonist, or N(G)-propyl-L-arginine, an NO synthase 1 inhibitor, prevented the increase in U(Na)V ..
- Inhibitory effects of PPAR-gamma on endothelin-1-induced inflammatory pathways in vascular smooth muscle cells from normotensive and hypertensive ratsAugusto C Montezano
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Am Soc Hypertens 1:150-60. 2007..These effects may be abrogated by the PPAR-gamma activator rosiglitazone. PPAR-gamma activators may thus prevent deleterious ET-1-dependent proinflammatory vascular effects in VSMC in hypertension...
- Enhanced expression of renal endothelin-converting enzyme-1 and endothelin-A-receptor mRNA in rats with interstitial fibrosis following ureter ligationD L Feldman
Metabolic and Cardiovascular Diseases, Novartis Institute for Biomedical Research, Summit, NJ, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 36:S255-9. 2000..These results suggest that ET-1, through interaction with the ET(A)-receptors, may play a role in the progression of interstitial fibrosis following ureter ligation...
- Involvement of endothelin-1 and its receptors in PGF2alpha-induced luteolysis in the ratEliezer Girsh
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute, Rehovot, Israel
Mol Reprod Dev 63:71-8. 2002..Expression of the ET receptors, ETA and ETB was not affected by cloprostenol...
- Differential roles of endothelin-1 ETA and ETB receptors and vasoactive intestinal polypeptide in regulation of the airways and the pulmonary vasculature in isolated rat lungTibor Janosi
Paediatric Anaesthesia Unit, Geneva Children s Hospital, Rue Willy Donze 6, CH 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
Exp Physiol 93:1210-9. 2008..Our results suggest that VIP potently acts against the airway and pulmonary vascular constriction mediated by endothelin-1, while the ET(A) and ET(B) blockers exert a differential effect between airway resistance and PVR...
- Endothelin-1 impairs alveolar epithelial function via endothelial ETB receptorAlejandro P Comellas
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:113-22. 2009..Endothelin-1 (ET-1) is increased in patients with high-altitude pulmonary edema and acute respiratory distress syndrome, and these patients have decreased alveolar fluid reabsorption (AFR)...
- Thrombin-stimulated proliferation is mediated by endothelin-1 in cultured rat gingival fibroblastsNozomi Ohuchi
Laboratory of Physiological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Josai International University, 1 Gumyo, Togane, Chiba 283 8555, Japan
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 24:501-8. 2010..These findings suggest that thrombin, acting via PAR1, induced proliferation of cultured rat gingival fibroblasts that was mediated by ET-1 acting via ET(A)...
- Endothelin-1 receptor antagonists prevent the development of pulmonary emphysema in ratsY Chen
First Dept of Medicine, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi, Matsumoto, Japan
Eur Respir J 35:904-12. 2010..ET-1 may cause emphysematous changes through molecular pathogenesis pathways involving apoptosis, proteinase and antiproteinase imbalance, inflammation and oxidative stress...
- Endothelin-1-induced pulmonary vasoreactivity is regulated by ET(A) and ET(B) receptor interactionsStephanie Sauvageau
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Que, Canada
J Vasc Res 44:375-81. 2007..This stems from endothelial ET(B)-R that can release both vasodilators and vasoconstrictors. The aim of this study was to evaluate the roles of the endothelium and of ET-Rs on ET-1-induced pulmonary vasoreactivity...
- Cholesterol dependence of vascular ERK1/2 activation and growth in response to stretch: role of endothelin-1Asad Zeidan
Division of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Department of Physiological Sciences, Lund University, Biomedical Centre, Lund, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:1528-34. 2003..This study tested the role of rafts/caveolae in stretch-induced vascular growth by manipulation of membrane cholesterol contents...
- Endothelin-1 regulates proliferative responses, both alone and synergistically with PDGF, in rat tracheal smooth muscle cellsLinda Yahiaoui
Meakins Christie Laboratories, Department of Medicine, McGill University, St Urbain, Montreal, Quebec
Cell Physiol Biochem 17:37-46. 2006..Our data indicate that ET-1 activation of the ET A receptor subtype induced [(3)H]-thymidine incorporation and activation of ERK 1/2 in primary rat tracheal SMC...
- Role of Endothelin-1/Endothelin-A receptor-mediated signaling pathway in the aortic arch patterning in miceH Yanagisawa
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75235 9050, USA
J Clin Invest 102:22-33. 1998..generated from its inactive precursor by endothelin-converting enzyme-1 (ECE-1) and acts on the endothelin-A (ETA) receptor...
- Association between migraine and endothelin type A receptor (ETA -231 A/G) gene polymorphismC Tzourio
INSERM U 360, Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
Neurology 56:1273-7. 2001..Previous studies have described an association between migraine and endothelin, a potent vasoconstrictor...
- Regulation of endothelin-A receptor sensitivity by cyclic adenosine monophosphate in rat hepatic stellate cellsRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine Universitat, Dusseldorf, Germany
Hepatology 36:861-73. 2002..This may explain the transdifferentiation-dependent sensitization of HSC towards ET-1 and its reversal by cAMP and ET(B) activation...
- Age-related changes in the properties of the endothelin receptor system at protein and mRNA levels in the rat vas deferensMakoto Yono
Section of Urology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Recept Signal Transduct Res 24:53-66. 2004..These results demonstrate the presence of age-related changes in the properties of the ET receptor system at both protein and mRNA levels in the rat vas deferens...
- Influence of endothelin receptor antagonism on smooth muscle cell proliferation after chronic renal failureGabriele Sauter
University of Tubingen, Internal Medicine III, Tubingen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S165-7. 2004..This indicates a regulatory influence of these drugs on gene transcription and supports the importance of early treatment to inhibit coronary artery disease in uremic patients...
- Effect of YM598, a selective endothelin ETA receptor antagonist, on endothelin-1-induced bone formationAkiyoshi Someya
Pharmacology Laboratories, Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Astellas Pharma, Inc 21, Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 543:14-20. 2006..These results suggest that endothelin-1 may induce bone formation via endothelin ET(A) receptors in vitro and in vivo...
- [Effect and mechanism of salvianolic acid B in attenuating elevated portal pressure in a rat model of portal hypertension induced by endothelin-1]Yang Zhou
Institute of Liver Diseases, Shuguang Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 5:61-4. 2007..To investigate the effects of salvianolic acid B (SA-B) on portal hypertension induced by endothelin-1 in rats...
- Endothelin-1 induces alveolar epithelial-mesenchymal transition through endothelin type A receptor-mediated production of TGF-beta1Raksha Jain
Division of Pulmonary and Vascular Biology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 37:38-47. 2007..These findings increase our basic understanding of the role of ET-1 in pulmonary fibrosis and suggest potential roles for AEC-derived ET-1 in the pathogenesis of other alveolar epithelial-mediated lung diseases...
- Cardiac effects of endothelin receptor antagonism in endotoxemic pigsD Konrad
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H988-96. 2007..Positive hemodynamic effects from ET receptor antagonism in acute endotoxemia may be due to changes in cardiac load and enhanced diastolic function rather than improved contractile function...
- Endothelin, PAF and thromboxane A2 in allergic pulmonary hyperreactivity in miceMartin Richter
Institute of Pharmacology of Sherbrooke, Medical School, Sherbrooke University, 3001, 12 e Avenue Nord, Sherbrooke Qc Canada J1H 5N4
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 76:299-308. 2007..These results suggest an important role for endothelin, PAF and thromboxane A2 in AHR in mice actively sensitized and challenged with ovalbumin...
- Cooperative effect of angiotensin AT(1) and endothelin ET(A) receptor antagonism limits the brain damage after ischemic stroke in ratEmelie Stenman
Institution of Clinical Sciences Lund, Department of Experimental Vascular Research, Lund University, BMC A13, 22184 Lund, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 570:142-8. 2007..In conclusion, the present study shows that combined inhibition of angiotensin AT(1) and endothelin ET(A) receptors reduces the brain damage and improves the neurological outcome after ischemic stroke in rat...
- Mechanical stretch induced interleukin-18 (IL-18) expression through Angiotensin subtype 1 receptor (AT1R) and endothelin-1 in cardiomyocytesToshio Naka
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Coronary Heart Disease, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Prep Biochem Biotechnol 38:201-12. 2008..Mechanical stretch induces a hypertrophic response, partly through the production of ET-1 through Endothelin A receptor (ETAR)...
- Ambrisentan for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension: results of the ambrisentan in pulmonary arterial hypertension, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter, efficacy (ARIES) study 1 and 2Nazzareno Galie
Institute of Cardiology, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti, 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Circulation 117:3010-9. 2008..Ambrisentan is a propanoic acid-based, A-selective endothelin receptor antagonist for the once-daily treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension...
- Diabetic state, high plasma insulin and angiotensin II combine to augment endothelin-1-induced vasoconstriction via ETA receptors and ERKT Kobayashi
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 155:974-83. 2008..Functions for angiotensin II, endothelin-1 receptor expression and extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) have been investigated...
- Involvement of NO and MEK/ERK pathway in enhancement of endothelin-1-induced mesenteric artery contraction in later-stage type 2 diabetic Goto-Kakizaki ratTakayuki Matsumoto
Dept of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi Univ, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1388-97. 2009..These results suggest that upregulation of ET(A), a defect in ET(B)-mediated NO signaling, and activation of the MEK/ERK pathway together represent a likely mechanism mediating the hyperreactivity to ET-1 examined in this study...
- Increased endothelin-1 reactivity and endothelial dysfunction in carotid arteries from rats with hyperhomocysteinemiaC R de Andrade
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 157:568-80. 2009..Here we evaluated the effects of HHcy on the endothelin system in rat carotid arteries...
- Murine and rat cavernosal responses to endothelin-1 and urotensin-II Vasoactive Peptide SymposiumFernando S Carneiro
Medical College of Georgia, Department of Physiology, Augusta, GA, USA
J Am Soc Hypertens 2:439-447. 2008..Although the cavernosal tissue expresses U-II receptors, U-II does not induce contractile responses in corpora cavernosa from mice or rats...
- Increased ET-1 and reduced ET(B) receptor expression in uremic hypertensive ratsMartin D'Amours
CHUQ Research Center and Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec Hospital and Department of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Clin Exp Hypertens 32:61-9. 2010..This study reveals that ET-1 levels are augmented in the vascular endothelium of uremic rats, whereas the ET(B) receptor expression is reduced which may play a major role in hypertension and renal failure progression...
- Production and binding of endothelin-2 (EDN2) in the rat ovary: endothelin receptor subtype A (EDNRA)-mediated contractionPhillip J Bridges
Division of Clinical and Reproductive Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 22:780-7. 2010..3, isometric tension analysis revealed that the contractile effect of EDN2 was mediated by endothelin receptor A (EDNRA), not B (EDNRB)...
- Inhibition of endothelin-1 and hypoxia-induced pulmonary pressor responses in the rat by a novel selective endothelin-A receptor antagonist, di-n-butylaminocarbamyl-L-leucyl-D-tryptophanyl-D-4-chloro-PheLing Di Yan
Beijing Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Haidian District, Beijing, China
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 56:246-54. 2010..Aiming at developing new endothelin-A receptor (ETA) antagonist for treatment of pulmonary hypertension, di-n-butylaminocarbamyl-L-leucyl-D-tryptophanyl-D-4-chloro-Phe,..
- Activation of endothelin A receptors contributes to impaired responsiveness of renal mechanosensory nerves in congestive heart failureUlla C Kopp
Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 88:622-9. 2010..Therefore, we examined whether the ETA receptor antagonist BQ123 altered the responsiveness of renal mechanosensory nerves in CHF...
- Endothelin receptors A and B are expressed in distinct cellular compartments of rat hippocampus following global ischemia: an immunocytochemical studyChristian W Kreipke
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neurol Res 33:162-8. 2011..Here we characterize endothelin receptor A and endothelin receptor B cellular distribution in hippocampus after permanent global brain ischemia and their possible association to nerve cell injury...
- Transforming growth factor-alpha induces endothelin receptor A expression in osteoarthritisShirine E Usmani
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5C1
J Orthop Res 30:1391-7. 2012..Expression of ET(A)R protein and its encoding gene Ednra was assessed...
- Endothelin receptor-mediated responses in trigeminal ganglion neuronsT Yamamoto
Division of Physiology, Kokurakitaku, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Dent Res 92:335-9. 2013..In the present study, we investigated the expression of the endothelin receptors ETA and ETB and endothelin-induced responses in rat TRG neurons...
- Blockade of endothelin ET(A), but not thromboxane, receptors offsets the cyclosporine-evoked hypertension and interrelated baroreflex and vascular dysfunctionsSuzanne A Nasser
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Beirut Arab University, Lebanon
Eur J Pharmacol 727:52-9. 2014..These effects of CSA were blunted after concurrent i.p. administration of atrasentan (selective ETA blocker, 10mg/kg/day), but not terutroban (thromboxane receptor blocker, 10mg/kg/day)...
- Endothelin receptor inhibition with bosentan delays onset of liver injury in streptozotocin-induced diabetic conditionE Demirci
Department of Pathology, Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine, Erzurum, Turkey
Drug Res (Stuttg) 65:272-80. 2015This study was designed to investigate the protective effects of bosentan an orally active non-peptide mixed ETA/ETB receptor antagonist, on liver injury in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats.
- Angiotensin II enhances endothelin-1-induced vasoconstriction through upregulating endothelin type A receptorYan Jie Lin
Institute of Physiology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 451:263-9. 2014..These findings suggest the synergistic effect of Ang II and ET-1 on the pathogenic development of hypertension. ..
- Endothelin-1 and Endothelin-3 Regulate Endothelin Receptor Expression in Rat Coronary ArteriesGry Freja Skovsted
Department of Clinical Experimental Research, Glostrup Research Institute, Glostrup Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 117:297-305. 2015..Post-ischaemic and cultured coronary arteries exhibited similar increased sensitivity to ET-3. ETA receptor-mediated vasoconstriction was dominant in fresh and non-ischaemic arteries...
- Functional ET(A)-ET(B) Receptor Cross-talk in Basilar Artery In Situ From ET(B) Receptor Deficient RatsSeongHun Yoon
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ The Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, The Ohio State University and Nationwide Children s Hospital Columbus, OH International Institute for Integrative Sleep Medicine WPI IIIS, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Japan Department of Neurosurgery, The Neuroscience Institute, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH and Department of Pharmacology and Cell Biophysics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 67:212-7. 2016..These findings confirm the presence of ET(A)-ET(B) receptor cross-talk in the basilar artery. We speculate that mutant ET(B) receptor expression produced by alternative splicing may be sufficient to allow cross-talk...
- Endothelin Receptor Down-Regulation Mediated Ligand Regulation Mechanisms Protect Against Cellular Hypoxia Injury in Rat Vascular Endothelial CellsLong Li
Department of Urology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Cell Physiol Biochem 40:1443-1454. 2016..Investigation of the effect of endothelin receptor A (ETaR)-targeting small interfering RNA (siRNA) on rat vascular endothelial cellular hypoxia injury, as well as its underlying mechanism...
- ET(B) receptor-deficient rats exhibit reduced contraction to ET-1 despite an increase in ET(A) receptorsM G Perry
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 2500, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H2680-6. 2001..Reduced contraction may be related to elevated plasma ET-1 and occurs in the presence of increased ET(A) receptor protein expression, suggesting an uncoupling of ET(A) receptor expression from functional activity...
- The role of ET(A) and ET(B) receptor antagonists in acute and allergic inflammation in miceCandida A L Kassuya
Department of Pharmacology, Center of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Peptides 29:1329-37. 2008..However, both ET(A) and ET(B) receptor antagonists were found to be effective in inhibiting the allergic response in a murine model of asthma...
- Endothelin-1 induces organ-specific histamine liberation and neutrophil granulocyte accumulation in the ratJ Kaszaki
Institute of Surgical Research, University of Szeged, Pécsi u 4, 6701, Szeged, Hungary
Inflamm Res 57:396-402. 2008..We compared local consequences of transient increases in circulating ET-1 in three separate circulatory beds in pentobarbital-anesthetized Wistar rats...
- Testis dysfunction by isoproterenol is mediated by upregulating endothelin receptor A, leptin and protein kinase Cvarepsilon and is attenuated by an endothelin receptor antagonist CPU0213Yu Si Cheng
Research Division of Pharmacology, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, China
Reprod Toxicol 29:421-6. 2010..Over-expression of ET(A) and leptin accounting for the testis dysfunction is likely to be mediated by pPKCvarepsilon in the ISO treated rats. The upregulated ET pathway appears to be critical in pathologies of the testis...
- Endothelins as pronociceptive mediators of the rat trigeminal system: role of ETA and ETB receptorsJuliana Geremias Chichorro
Department of Pharmacology, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, SC, Brazil
Brain Res 1345:73-83. 2010..Taken together, these findings suggest that endothelins, acting through ET(A) and/or ET(B) receptors, may play an important role in mediating pain resulting from activation of most trigeminal nerve branches...
- Endothelin receptor A antagonism reduces the extent of diffuse axonal injury in a rodent model of traumatic brain injuryChristian A Reynolds
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neurol Res 33:192-6. 2011..Therefore, this work sought to determine whether treatment with BQ-123, a selective endothelin receptor A antagonist, diminishes the extent of diffuse axonal injury following trauma...
- Reduced NO production rapidly aggravates renal function through the NF-κB/ET-1/ETA receptor pathway in DOCA-salt-induced hypertensive ratsKimihiro Kimura
Laboratory of Pathological and Molecular Pharmacology, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 4 20 1 Nasahara, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
Life Sci 91:644-50. 2012..In the present study, we examined the interrelation between ET-1 and NO system using rats treated with the combination of deoxycorticosterone acetate (DOCA)-salt and a non selective NO synthase inhibitor N(ω)-nitro-L-arginine (NOARG)...
- Transgenic expression of the endothelin-B receptor prevents congenital intestinal aganglionosis in a rat model of Hirschsprung diseaseC E Gariepy
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235 9050, USA
J Clin Invest 102:1092-101. 1998..The transgene dosage affects both the incidence and severity of the congenital intestinal defect, suggesting dosage-dependent events downstream of EDNRB activation in ENS development...
- A polymorphism in the endothelin-A receptor gene predicts survival in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyS Herrmann
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Benjamin Franklin Medical Center, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Eur Heart J 22:1948-53. 2001..We investigated whether genetic polymorphisms of the endothelin system might be associated with dilated cardiomyopathy-related cardiac phenotypes and differences in disease outcome...
- Function and regulation of endothelin-1 and its receptors in salt sensitive hypertension induced by sensory nerve degenerationDiana Z Ye
Department of Medicine, College of Human Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 39:673-8. 2002..These results suggest that ET(B) plays an antihypertensive role in response to high salt intake under both normal and sensory nerve degenerated conditions...
- Endothelin receptor blockers reduce I/R-induced intestinal mucosal injury: role of blood flowBerna K Oktar
Department of Physiology, Marmara University School of Medicine, 81326 Haydarpasa, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 282:G647-55. 2002..Furthermore, ET is involved in the pathogenesis of post-reperfusion-induced damage and beneficial effects of ET receptor antagonism are related to an improvement of disturbed blood flow during the reperfusion period...
- Endothelin receptor function in mesenteric veins from deoxycorticosterone acetate salt-hypertensive ratsRonald J Johnson
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Hypertens 20:665-76. 2002..To identify the receptors by which endothelin-1 (ET-1) increases venomotor tone in hypertension...
- Endothelin-a receptor in rat skeletal muscle microvasculatureDebra Mitchell
Departmente of Pharmacology and Toxicology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, N6A 5C1, Canada
Microvasc Res 64:179-85. 2002..We conclude that the microvasculature of the rat EDL muscle is sensitive to ET-1 and its receptor blockers and that the ET(A) receptor may be present in the capillary wall of this muscle, including the endothelium...
- Endothelin-1 receptor subtypes expression and binding in a perfused rat model of myocardial infarctionAnwar B Bikhazi
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, American University of Beirut, Beirut, Lebanon
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 134:35-43. 2003..These findings stipulate that during 1 month post-MI some biochemical and hormonal effects could alter ET-1 receptor subtype(s) regulation and pharmacodynamics thus predisposing to cardiac hypertrophy and mitogenesis...
- ETA receptor-mediated Ca2+ mobilisation in H9c2 cardiac cellsFrancesca Ceccarelli
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie, Universita di Pisa, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 65:783-93. 2003..Regulation of channel opening by protein kinase C is also involved in the process of [Ca(2+)](i) increase...
- ETA receptor-mediated Ca2+ signaling in thin descending limbs of Henle's loop: impairment in genetic hypertensionMatthew A Bailey
Centre for Nephrology and Department of Physiology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, UK
Kidney Int 63:1276-84. 2003....
- Endothelin ET A- and ET B-receptor-mediated inhibition of noradrenaline release from isolated rat stomachKumiko Nakamura
Department of Pharmacology, Kochi Medical School
J Pharmacol Sci 91:34-40. 2003....
- Functional endothelin receptors are present on nuclei in cardiac ventricular myocytesBenoit Boivin
Institut de Cardiologie de Montreal, Centre de Recherche, 5000 rue Belanger, Montreal, Quebec H1T 1C8, Canada
J Biol Chem 278:29153-63. 2003..Hence, cardiac nuclei possess both ETAR and ETBR subtypes, which are functional with respect to ligand binding and are coupled to signaling mechanisms within the nuclear membrane...
- Fibroblast growth factor mediates hypoxia-induced endothelin-- a receptor expression in lung artery smooth muscle cellsPeng Li
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham at Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:643-51; discussion 863. 2003....
- Dual constrictor and dilator actions of ET(B) receptors in the rat renal microcirculation: interactions with ET(A) receptorsArmin Just
Dept of Cell and Molecular Physiology, 6341 Medical Biomolecular Research Bldg, CB 7545, School of Medicine, Univ of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7545, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 286:F660-8. 2004..Possible explanations include ET-1 clearance by ET(B) receptors and/or a dilator ET(B) receptor function that counteracts constriction...
- ETA receptor mediates altered leukocyte-endothelial cell interaction and adhesion molecules expression in DOCA-salt ratsGlaucia E Callera
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Biomedical Science, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Hypertension 43:872-9. 2004..We investigated whether ETA receptor blockade modulates in vivo leukocyte-endothelial cell interactions and expression of cell adhesion ..
- Roles of endothelin ETA and ETB receptors in the pathogenesis of monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertensionMasahiro Nishida
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:187-91. 2004The functional roles of endothelin ETA and ETB receptors in the development of monocrotaline (MCT)-induced pulmonary hypertension were investigated using MCT-treated rats in the absence or presence of a daily administration of A-192621, ..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 increases endothelin receptor A levels and action in cultured rat aortic smooth muscle cellsChing Fai Kwok
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 94:1126-34. 2005..These findings support the role of IGF-1 in the development of atherosclerotic, hypertensive, and diabetic vascular complications...
- Altered expression of endothelin and its receptors in the brain of SHR-SP at malignant hypertensive stageSubrina Jesmin
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S11-5. 2004..Downregulation of the endothelin-B receptor may cause suppression of endothelium-derived relaxing factors in the brain of SHR-SP and be an underlying factor in their stroke susceptibility...
- In vivo imaging of cardiovascular endothelin receptors using the novel radiolabelled antagonist [18F]-SB209670 and positron emission tomography (microPET)Peter Johnström
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S34-8. 2004..However, visualization of uptake in the rat heart was achievable and dynamic PET data together with the in vitro results suggest that [F]-SB209670 binds rapidly and primarily to endothelin-A receptors in the heart...
- YM598, an orally active ET(A) receptor antagonist, ameliorates the progression of cardiopulmonary changes and both-side heart failure in rats with cor pulmonale and myocardial infarctionAkira Fujimori
Pharmacology Laboratories, Institute for Drug DiscoveryResearch, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S354-7. 2004The effects of the novel, selective endothelin-A (ETA) receptor antagonist YM598 on both-side heart failure were investigated...
- Effects of ET(A) and ET(B) receptor blockade on post-ischemic cardiac dysfunction and norepinephrine overflow in isolated rat heartsSatoshi Yamamoto
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka University of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Takatsuki, Osaka, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S394-7. 2004We investigated the role of endothelin-A (ETA) and endothelin-B (ETB) receptors in ischemia/reperfusion-induced cardiac dysfunction and norepinephrine overflow using isolated rat hearts...
- Renal and systemic effects of chronic blockade of ET(A) or ET(B) receptors in normal rats and animals with experimental heart failureBahaa Francis
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, and Rappaport Family Institute for Research in Medical Sciences, Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine, Technion, Haifa, Israel
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S54-8. 2004....
- Effects of endothelin receptor antagonist on expression of AT1 and AT2 receptors in the heart of SHR-SPSubrina Jesmin
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S59-63. 2004....
- ETA receptor blockade attenuates hypertension and decreases reactive oxygen species in ETB receptor-deficient ratsAhmed A Elmarakby
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta 30912 2500, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:S7-10. 2004..These findings suggest that endothelin-1, through the endothelin-A receptor, contributes to salt-induced hypertension and vascular superoxide production in endothelin-B-deficient rats...
- Blood pressure-independent ETA and AT1 receptor blocker effects on the coronaries of rats harboring human renin and angiotensinogen genesStephan P Gerbaulet
Franz Volhard Clinic, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin and Max Delbrück Center, Medical Faculty of the Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Kidney Blood Press Res 28:134-43. 2005..Blood pressure-independent (BP) effects of angiotensin (Ang) II and endothelin (ET) on coronaries (remodeling) in high renin hypertension are incompletely understood...
- Early endothelin-A receptor blockade decreases blood pressure and ameliorates end-organ damage in homozygous Ren-2 ratsIvana Vaneckova
Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague 4, Czech Republic
Hypertension 46:969-74. 2005We have recently found that nonselective endothelin ETA/ETB receptor blockade markedly improves survival rate and ameliorates end-organ damage in male homozygous rats transgenic (TGR) for the mouse Ren-2 renin gene without lowering blood ..
- Involvement of central endothelin receptors in neonatal morphine withdrawalBhagya L Puppala
Department of Pediatrics and Neonatology, Advocate Lutheran General Children s Hospital, Park Ridge, Illinois 60068, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 231:1157-60. 2006..43%, EC50 = 13.26 nM) and morphine-withdrawal groups (75.08%, EC(50) = 11.70 nM), respectively. To our knowledge, this is the first report indicating involvement of central ET(A) receptors in neonatal morphine withdrawal...
- Cloning and functional identification of novel endothelin receptor type A isoforms in pituitaryNoriyuki Hatae
Section on Cellular Signaling, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NICHD, National Institutes of Health NIH, Building 49, Room 6A 36, 49 Convent Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4510, USA
Mol Endocrinol 21:1192-204. 2007..These results indicate for the first time the presence of a novel ET(A) splice receptor, which could contribute to the functional heterogeneity among secretory pituitary cell types...
- Modulation of the transient outward K+ current by inhibition of endothelin-A receptors in normal and hypertrophied rat heartsMichael Wagner
Institut für Vegetative Physiologie und Pathophysiologie, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Pflugers Arch 454:595-604. 2007....
- Peripheral mechanisms of erectile dysfunction in a rat model of chronic cocaine useMuammer Kendirci
Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Eur Urol 52:555-63. 2007..To evaluate the peripheral mechanisms of erectile dysfunction (ED) in a rat model of triple-binge cocaine administration...
- Effect of delayed cerebral vasospasm on cerebrovascular endothelin A receptor expression and functionHartmut Vatter
Department of Neurosurgery, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Neurosurg 107:121-7. 2007..Therefore, the aim in the present study was to characterize these alterations, with the emphasis on the ET(A) receptor...
- Evidence for vasculoprotective effects of ETB receptors in resistance artery remodeling in diabetesKamakshi Sachidanandam
Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Diabetes 56:2753-8. 2007..Thus, this study investigated the regulation of MMP activity of resistance arteries under mild-to-moderate diabetes conditions, as seen in type 2 diabetes, and the relative role of ET receptors in this process...
- Effect of chronic and selective endothelin receptor antagonism on microvascular function in type 2 diabetesKamakshi Sachidanandam
Program in Clinical and Experimental Therapeutics, University of Georgia College of Pharmacy, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H2743-9. 2008..Diabetic and control rats received an antagonist to either the ET type A (ETA; atrasentan; 5 mg x kg(-1) x day(-1)) or type B (ET(B); A-192621; 15 or 30 mg x kg(-1) x day(-1)) receptors for 4 ..
- SB 234551 selective ET(A) receptor antagonism: perfusion/diffusion MRI used to define treatable stroke model, time to treatment and mechanism of protectionJeffrey J Legos
High Throughput Biology, Discovery Research, King of Prussia, PA, USA
Exp Neurol 212:53-62. 2008..In addition, tissue perfusion information obtained under these conditions might clarify mechanism of protection in the evaluation of protective compounds for focal stroke...
- ADP-ribosyl cyclase and ryanodine receptors mediate endothelin ETA and ETB receptor-induced renal vasoconstriction in vivoTiffany L Thai
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7545, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F360-8. 2008..We hypothesized that this signaling pathway is activated by ETA and ETB receptors in the renal vasculature to mediate vasoconstriction in vivo...
- Age-related changes in endothelin-1 receptor subtypes in rat heartSilvia Del Ry
CNR Institute of Clinical Physiology, Laboratory of Cardiovascular Biochemistry, Pisa, Italy
Exp Aging Res 34:251-66. 2008..These findings indicate an alteration in ET-1 cardiac receptors associated with aging, mainly due to a variation in the receptor subtype distribution...
- Endothelin-1 (ET-1) is increased in rat retina after crushing optic nerveHidehiro Oku
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Medical College, Osaka, Japan
Curr Eye Res 33:611-20. 2008..To determine the alterations in the expression of endothelin-1 (ET-1) and its specific receptors in the sensory retina after optic nerve injury...
- Endothelin A receptor blockade influences apoptosis and cellular proliferation in the developing rat kidneyKee Hwan Yoo
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:138-45. 2009..Newborn rat pups were treated with either Bristol-Myers Squibb-182874 (30 mg/kg/day), a selective endothelin A receptor (ET(A)R) antagonist, or vehicle for 7 days...
- Differential endothelin receptor expression and function in rat myometrial cells and leiomyoma ELT3 cellsMarie Noëlle Raymond
Institut de Biochimie et Biophysique Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 8619, 91 405 Orsay Cedex, France
Endocrinology 150:4766-76. 2009..Here we investigated, in ELT3 and myometrial cells, the respective contribution of ETA and ETB in the proliferative effect of ET-1...
- Inhibition of endothelin-1 receptors improves impaired nitric oxide synthase-dependent dilation of cerebral arterioles in type-1 diabetic ratsDenise M Arrick
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5850, USA
Microcirculation 17:439-46. 2010..The goal of this study was to examine the influence of endothelin-1 receptors (ET(A)) in impaired responses of cerebral (pial) arterioles in type-1 diabetic rats...
- Endothelin receptor A-specific stimulation of glomerular inflammation and injury in a streptozotocin-induced rat model of diabetesM A Saleh
Vascular Biology Center, Medical College of Georgia, 1459 Laney Walker Blvd, Augusta, GA 30907 2500, USA
Diabetologia 54:979-88. 2011..Activation of endothelin receptor-A (ET(A)) increases glomerular permeability to albumin (P(alb)) and elevates pro-inflammatory markers in hyperglycaemic rats...
- Cloning and functional expression of a vascular smooth muscle endothelin 1 receptorH Y Lin
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, MA 02142
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88:3185-9. 1991..RNA analysis reveals high expression in rat lung and heart, tissues known to exhibit binding to iodinated endothelin 1...
- Endothelin A and B receptors are down-regulated in the hearts of hypertensive ratsD J Hayzer
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Am J Med Sci 307:222-7. 1994..Conversely, in the brain of spontaneously hypertensive rats, mRNAs for both ET-R(A) and ET-R(B) mRNA were present.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Polymorphisms of the endothelin-A and -B receptor genes in relation to blood pressure and myocardial infarction: the Etude Cas-Témoins sur l'Infarctus du Myocarde (ECTIM) StudyV Nicaud
INSERM U258, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 12:304-10. 1999..This result will have to be confirmed in other studies...
- Endothelin receptor expression in the normal and injured spinal cord: potential involvement in injury-induced ischemia and gliosisChristopher M Peters
Department of Preventive Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Exp Neurol 180:1-13. 2003..ETs) are a family of peptides that exert their biological effects via two distinct receptors, the endothelin A receptor (ET(A)R) and the endothelin B receptor (ET(B)R)...
- Developmental changes in the functional, biochemical and molecular properties of rat bladder endothelin receptorsParviz Afiatpour
Section of Urology, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208041, New Haven, CT 06520 8041, USA
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 367:462-72. 2003..This study indicates age-dependent alterations in the ET receptor system at both gene transcript and protein levels in the Fischer rat detrusor...
- ETA and ETB receptor function in pancreatitis-associated microcirculatory failure, inflammation, and parenchymal injuryT Plusczyk
Dept of General Surgery, University of Saarland, 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 285:G145-53. 2003..taurocholate-induced pancreatitis and intravital microscopy, we therefore studied whether selective inhibition of ETA receptor function or combined ETA and ETB receptor blockade affects the development of pancreatitis-associated ..
- Ischemic heart disease induces upregulation of endothelin receptor mRNA in human coronary arteriesAngelica Wackenfors
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Experimental Vascular Research, BMC A13, Lund University Hospital, SE 221 84, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 484:103-9. 2004..The aims were to quantify endothelin type A (ETA) and type B (ETB) receptor mRNA levels in human coronary arteries from patients with ischemic heart disease, ..