Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Drd2
Description: dopamine receptor D2
Alias: D(2) dopamine receptor, dopamine receptor 2
Publications148 found, 100 shown here
- Decreased dopamine D(2) receptor function in cerebral cortex and brain stem: their role in hepatic ALDH regulation in ethanol treated ratsAkash K George
Molecular Neurobiology and Cell Biology Unit, Centre for Neuroscience, Department of Biotechnology, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin, 682022 Kerala, India
Mol Cell Biochem 304:181-8. 2007..This ALDH regulation has significance to correct alcoholics from addiction due to allergic reaction observed in aldehyde accumulation...
- Analysis of the promoter region of the rat D2 dopamine receptor geneT Minowa
Experimental Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Biochemistry 31:8389-96. 1992..Unlike the D1A gene, however, the D2 gene has a strong preference for transcription initiation to three consecutive nucleotides.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel dopamine receptor (D3) as a target for neurolepticsP Sokoloff
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie U 109 de l INSERM, Paris, France
Nature 347:146-51. 1990..It seems to mediate some of the effects of antipsychotic drugs and drugs used against Parkinson's disease, that were previously thought to interact only with D2 receptors...
- Association of the D2 dopamine receptor third cytoplasmic loop with spinophilin, a protein phosphatase-1-interacting proteinF D Smith
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology and the Curriculum in Neurobiology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 274:19894-900. 1999..We hypothesize that spinophilin is important for establishing a signaling complex for dopaminergic neurotransmission through D2 receptors by linking receptors to downstream signaling molecules and the actin cytoskeleton...
- Activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase by D2 receptor prevents apoptosis in dopaminergic cell linesVenugopalan D Nair
Department of Neurology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029, USA
Biochem J 373:25-32. 2003..These studies indicate that certain dopamine agonists can complex with D(2) receptors to preferentially transactivate neuroprotective signalling pathways and to mediate increased cell survival...
- Anti-proliferative effects and cell death mediated by two isoforms of dopamine D2 receptors in pituitary tumor cellsJuan Ji An
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Medical Research Center, College of Medicine, Brain Korea 21 Project for Medical Sciences, Yonsei University, Shinchon Dong 134, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
Mol Cell Endocrinol 206:49-62. 2003..These results suggest that dopamine induces an anti-proliferative effect and cell death via the dopamine D2 receptors, by means of the p38 MAPK and ERK pathways involving oxidative stress, in the pituitary tumor cells...
- Interactions of GIPC with dopamine D2, D3 but not D4 receptors define a novel mode of regulation of G protein-coupled receptorsFreddy Jeanneteau
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie Moléculaire INSERM U 573, Centre Paul Broca, 75014 Paris, France
Mol Biol Cell 15:696-705. 2004..Through its dimerization, GIPC acts as a selective scaffold protein to assist receptor functions. Our results suggest a novel function for GIPC in the maintenance, trafficking, and signaling of GPCRs...
- Regulation of dense core vesicle release from PC12 cells by interaction between the D2 dopamine receptor and calcium-dependent activator protein for secretion (CAPS)Alicia V Binda
Department of Pharmacology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 69:1451-61. 2005..These results suggest that D2 dopamine receptors may modulate vesicle release from neuroendocrine cells via direct interaction with components of the exocytotic machinery...
- Dopamine, dopamine D2 receptor short isoform, transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta1, and TGF-beta type II receptor interact to inhibit the growth of pituitary lactotropesD K Sarkar
Endocrinology Program, Biomedical Division of the Center of Alcohol Studies and Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick 08901, USA
Endocrinology 146:4179-88. 2005..The constitutive expression of D2 receptor short isoform also reduced the tumor cell growth rate. These data suggest that a TGFbeta1 system may mediate, in part, the growth-inhibitory action of dopamine on lactotropes...
- Modulation of D2R-NR2B interactions in response to cocaineXian Yu Liu
Department of Basic Medical Science, University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Medicine, Kansas City, Missouri 64108, USA
Neuron 52:897-909. 2006..This type of dopamine-glutamate integration at the receptor level may be responsible for synergistically inhibiting the D2R-mediated circuits in the basal ganglia and fulfilling the stimulative effect of psychostimulants...
- Nucleus accumbens D2/3 receptors predict trait impulsivity and cocaine reinforcementJeffrey W Dalley
Behavioral and Clinical Neuroscience Institute, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EB, UK
Science 315:1267-70. 2007..These data demonstrate that trait impulsivity predicts cocaine reinforcement and that D2 receptor dysfunction in abstinent cocaine addicts may, in part, be determined by premorbid influences...
- Differential signaling of dopamine-D2S and -D2L receptors to inhibit ERK1/2 phosphorylationIrit Itzhaki Van-Ham
Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Neurochem 102:1796-804. 2007..In conclusion, the D(2)S and D(2)L receptors differ in inhibitory signaling to ERK1/2 due to specific residues in the D(2)L receptor alternatively spliced domain, which may account for differences in their function in vivo...
- Dopamine receptors in the anterior insular cortex modulate long-term nociception in the ratUlises Coffeen
Laboratorio de Neurofisiología Integrativa, Dirección de Investigaciones en Neurociencias, Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de Fuente, Camino a Xochimilco 101, San Lorenzo Huipulco, Tlalpan, México D F CP 14370, Mexico
Eur J Pain 12:535-43. 2008..This work shows the differential role of dopamine receptors within the RAIC in which the activation of D(2) or the blockade of D(1) receptors elicit antinociception...
- Apoptosis of lactotrophs induced by D2 receptor activation is estrogen dependentDaniela B Radl
Instituto de Investigaciones en Reproducción, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Neuroendocrinology 88:43-52. 2008....
- Cocaine self-administration produces a persistent increase in dopamine D2 High receptorsLisa A Briand
Neuroscience Program, The University of Michigan, United States
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 18:551-6. 2008..This may also help explain why stimuli that increase dopamine neurotransmission, including drugs themselves, are so effective in producing relapse in individuals with a history of exposure to cocaine...
- D2R DNA transfer into the nucleus accumbens attenuates cocaine self-administration in ratsPanayotis K Thanos
Medical Department, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York 11973, USA
Synapse 62:481-6. 2008..Thus strategies aimed at increasing D2R expression in NAc may be beneficial in treating cocaine abuse and addiction...
- Dopamine D2-like receptor in the nucleus accumbens is involved in the antinociceptive effect of nitrous oxideSahoko Koyanagi
Department of Anesthesia, Kyoto University Hospital, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Anesth Analg 106:1904-9. 2008..We hypothesized that the mesolimbic dopaminergic system is involved in the antinociceptive effect of N(2)O...
- Quantitative analysis of the expression of dopamine D1 and D2 receptors in pyramidal and GABAergic neurons of the rat prefrontal cortexNoemí Santana
Department of Neurochemistry and Neuropharmacology, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques de Barcelona, Spain
Cereb Cortex 19:849-60. 2009..Thus, cellular and network DA actions in PFC are region and layer specific and may depend on precise cellular interactions...
- Dopamine D2 receptor stimulation inhibits angiotensin II-induced hypertrophy in cultured neonatal rat ventricular myocytesHong Li
Department of Pathophysiology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, China
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:312-8. 2009..4. In conclusion, D2 receptor stimulation inhibits AngII-induced hypertrophy of cultured neonatal rat ventricular myocytes via inhibition of MAPK, PKC and [Ca(2+)](i) signalling pathways...
- Dopamine receptor expression and distribution dynamically change in the rat nucleus accumbens after withdrawal from cocaine self-administrationK L Conrad
Department of Neuroscience, The Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064 3095, USA
Neuroscience 169:182-94. 2010....
- In vitro and in vivo comparison of [³H](+)-PHNO and [³H]raclopride binding to rat striatum and lobes 9 and 10 of the cerebellum: a method to distinguish dopamine D₃ from D₂ receptor sitesBéla Kiss
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Pharmacological and Safety Research, Gedeon Richter Plc, 1103 Budapest, Gyomroi u 19 21, Hungary
Synapse 65:467-78. 2011....
- Inflammatory nociception diminishes dopamine release and increases dopamine D2 receptor mRNA in the rat's insular cortexUlises Coffeen
Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente, Mexico
Mol Pain 6:75. 2010..Plantar test was applied prior, one and three hours after inflammation. Also, mRNA levels of D1 and D2R's were measured in the IC after three hours of inflammation...
- The physiology, signaling, and pharmacology of dopamine receptorsJean Martin Beaulieu
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, Faculty of Medicine, Université Laval Centre de Recherche de l Université Laval Robert Giffard, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada
Pharmacol Rev 63:182-217. 2011....
- Polymorphism in exon 6 of the dopamine D(2) receptor gene (DRD2) is associated with elevated blood pressure and personality disorders in menR Rosmond
Department of Heart and Lung Diseases, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, S 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
J Hum Hypertens 15:553-8. 2001..a NcoI restriction fragment length polymorphism (C to T transition) in exon 6 of the dopamine D(2) receptor gene (DRD2) was associated with these characteristics...
- D2 dopamine receptor expression and trafficking is regulated through direct interactions with ZIPOk jin Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas 66045 7582, USA
J Neurochem 106:83-95. 2008..These results suggest that ZIP can physically interact with the D(2) DAR leading to increased intracellular trafficking to lysosomes with subsequent down-regulation of receptor expression and function...
- Protein-protein coupling/uncoupling enables dopamine D2 receptor regulation of AMPA receptor-mediated excitotoxicityShengwei Zou
Department of Neuroscience, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1R8
J Neurosci 25:4385-95. 2005..These data may provide a new avenue to identify specific targets for therapeutics to modulate glutamate receptor-governed diseases, such as stroke...
- Cocaine-induced sex differences in D1 receptor activation and binding levels after acute cocaine administrationEugene D Festa
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, 695 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Brain Res Bull 68:277-84. 2006..Taken together, the D1 receptor may be an important substrate in the regulation of sex differences to cocaine-induced locomotor activity...
- Aberrant cortical synaptic plasticity and dopaminergic dysfunction in a mouse model of Huntington's diseaseDamian M Cummings
Huntington s Disease Research Forum, Department of Biological Sciences, Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
Hum Mol Genet 15:2856-68. 2006....
- The usefulness of the spontaneously hypertensive rat to model attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may be explained by the differential expression of dopamine-related genes in the brainQi Li
Department of Anatomy, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong
Neurochem Int 50:848-57. 2007..In conclusion, the molecular and behavioural data that we obtained provide new information that may be relevant to understanding ADHD in man...
- Evidence for defective mesolimbic dopamine exocytosis in obesity-prone ratsBrenda M Geiger
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
FASEB J 22:2740-6. 2008..Taken together, these results suggest that an attenuated central dopamine system would reduce the hedonic response associated with feeding and induce compensatory hyperphagia, leading to obesity...
- L-stepholidine reduced L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in 6-OHDA-lesioned rat model of Parkinson's diseaseJiao Mo
State Key Laboratory of Drug Research, Department of Neuropharmacology, Shanghai Institute of Material Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Neurobiol Aging 31:926-36. 2010..The present data demonstrated that L-SPD elicited antidyskinesia effects via both dopamine (D(2) receptor antagonistic activity) and nondopamine (5-HT(1A) agonistic activity) mechanisms...
- Dopamine D2 receptor expression is altered by changes in cellular iron levels in PC12 cells and rat brain tissueErica L Unger
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Nutr 138:2487-94. 2008....
- Effects of Ningdong granule on the dopamine system of Tourette's syndrome rat modelsHong Lv
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shandong Provincial Hospital Affiliated to Shandong University, No 324, Jingwuweqi Road, Jinan 250021, Shandong, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 124:488-92. 2009..Ningdong granula (NDG) is a traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) preparation for the treatment of Tourette's syndrome (TS)...
- Neocortical movement representations are reduced and reorganized following bilateral intrastriatal 6-hydroxydopamine infusion and dopamine type-2 receptor antagonismAndrew R Brown
Department of Neuroscience, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Exp Neurol 220:162-70. 2009..We conclude that the neurophysiologic model is supported but that bilateral loss of dopamine is required to see a reduction in the size of motor maps...
- Dopaminergic augmentation of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) discrimination: possible involvement of D(2)-induced formation of anandamideMarcello Solinas
Laboratoire de Biologie et Physiologie Cellulaires, CNRS 6187, University of Poitiers, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022, Poitiers, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 209:191-202. 2010....
- Role of Kv1 potassium channels in regulating dopamine release and presynaptic D2 receptor functionPhilippe Martel
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Groupe de Recherche sur le Système Nerveux Central, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e20402. 2011..Our work identifies Kv1 potassium channels as key regulators of DA release in the striatum...
- RGS4 exerts inhibitory activities on the signaling of dopamine D2 receptor and D3 receptor through the N-terminal regionChengchun Min
Department of Pharmacology, College of Pharmacy, Chonnam National University, Gwang Ju, Republic of Korea
Pharmacol Res 65:213-20. 2012..The study for the first time showed that RGS4 is the major RGS protein which interacts through the N-terminal region and exerts potent inhibitory activities on the signaling of D(2)R and D(3)R...
- Pallidal hyperdopaminergic innervation underlying D2 receptor-dependent behavioral deficits in the schizophrenia animal model established by EGFHidekazu Sotoyama
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, Niigata, Japan
PLoS ONE 6:e25831. 2011..These findings suggest that the pallidal dopaminergic innervation is vulnerable to circulating EGF at perinatal and/or neonatal stages and has strong impact on the D2-like receptor-dependent behavioral deficits relevant to schizophrenia...
- [Effect of Bushen Huoxue Decoction on dopamine D2 receptor in the brain of rats with Parkinson's disease]Hai Ming Wang
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:1879-81. 2011To explore the mechanism underlying the therapeutic effect of Bushen Huoxue Decoction (BHD), a traditional Chinese medicinal preparation, on dopamine D2 receptor (DRD2) in the brain of rat models of Parkinson's disease (PD).
- Early social isolation disrupts latent inhibition and increases dopamine D2 receptor expression in the medial prefrontal cortex and nucleus accumbens of adult ratsXiao Han
Department of Psychology, Peking University, Beijing, 100871, China
Brain Res 1447:38-43. 2012..The results suggest that adolescent social isolation produces profound effects on cognitive and dopaminergic function in adult rats, and could be used as an animal model of various neurodevelopmental disorders...
- Dopaminergic D2-like agonists produce yawning in the myelin mutant taiep and Sprague-Dawley ratsJose R Eguibar
Instituto de Fisiologia, Benemerita Universidad Autonoma de Puebla, Apdo Postal 5 66, Puebla, Pue CP 72430, Mexico
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 102:118-23. 2012..Similarly, patients with various CNS illnesses that affect myelin, such as stroke or multiple sclerosis, are able to yawn suggesting that trigger neurons are still able to command this innate behavior...
- Distribution of dopamine receptors D1- and D2-immunoreactive neurons in the dorsal motor nucleus of vagus in ratsQing Qing Cai
Key Laboratory for medical tissue regeneration of Henan province, School of Basic Medical Sciences, Xinxiang Medical University, Xinxiang 453003, China
Auton Neurosci 176:48-53. 2013..The DRs might play an important role in the regulation of DA on the activity of cholinergic and catecholaminergic neurons in the DMV...
- Activation of D2-like dopamine receptors inhibits GABA and glycinergic neurotransmission to pre-motor cardiac vagal neurons in the nucleus ambiguusJ Dyavanapalli
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, The George Washington University, 2300 Eye Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Neuroscience 247:213-26. 2013..These data suggest that dopamine acts via dis-inhibition, and diminishes inhibitory GABAergic and glycinergic neurotransmission to CVNs, which would be predicted to increase parasympathetic activity to the heart and evoke a bradycardia...
- Elevated dopamine D2 receptor in prefrontal cortex of CUMS rats is associated with downregulated cAMP-independent signaling pathwayCheng Chen
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology of Anhui Medical University, Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immunopharmacology of Education Ministry, Hefei 230032, Anhui, China
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 91:750-8. 2013..Thus, we investigated the level of dopamine D2 receptors (DRD2) and the possible mechanisms involved in a chronic unpredictable mild stress (CUMS) rat model of depression...
- Collagen advanced glycation inhibits its Discoidin Domain Receptor 2 (DDR2)-mediated induction of lysyl oxidase in osteoblastsRoozbeh Khosravi
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Division of Oral Biology, Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA Electronic address
Bone 58:33-41. 2014....
- Immunohistochemical localization of dopamine D2 receptor in the rat carotid bodyJun Wakai
Laboratory Animal Research Center, Fukushima Medical University School of Medicine, Fukushima, Japan
Acta Histochem 117:784-9. 2015..These results showed that D2R was mainly distributed in glomus cells, and suggested that D2R plays a role in the inhibitory modulation of chemosensory activity in a paracrine and/or autocrine manner. ..
- Low expression of D2R and Wntless correlates with high motivation for heroinDiana M Tacelosky
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University
Behav Neurosci 129:744-55. 2015..Taken together, these data link reduced expression of both the D2R and Wntless to the explicit motivation for the drug rather than to differences in total drug intake per se...
- Adolescent Maturation of Dopamine D1 and D2 Receptor Function and Interactions in RodentsJennifer B Dwyer
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0146966. 2016..These data highlight the need for age-specific pharmacotherapy design and clinical application in adolescence. ..
- Effect on the expression of drd2 and drd3 after neonatal lesion in the lymphocytes, nucleus accumbens, hippocampus and prefrontal cortex: comparative analysis between juvenile and adult Wistar ratsAlma Delia Genis-Mendoza
Instituto Nacional de Medicina Genómica INMEGEN, Servicios de Atención psiquiátrica SAP, Secretaria de Salud, D F Mexico, Mexico
Hereditas 153:13. 2016..The present study compares mRNA expression levels of dopamine receptors (drd2 and drd3) in lymphocytes and brain of NLVH animals at two different age stages: young and adult.
- Differential effects of activating D1 and D2 receptors on electrophysiology of neostriatal neurons in a rat model of Parkinson's disease induced by paraquat and manebHaiyan Xu
Lab of Neurotoxicology, Department of Environment Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai 200062, China
Neurosci Res 71:411-20. 2011..Our results illustrate the electrophysiological changes of in vivo neostriatal neurons in Parkinson's disease, thereby providing insight into the regulatory mechanisms of dopamine-mediated physiology...
- Lentiviral-mediated gene delivery reveals distinct roles of nucleus accumbens dopamine D2 and D3 receptors in novelty- and light-induced locomotor activityAlinda R Fernandes
MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, De Crespigny Park, PO80, London SE5 8AF, UK
Eur J Neurosci 35:1344-53. 2012..Altogether, our findings suggest that D2R and D3R, expressed in the NAcc, have both shared and non-overlapping roles in transduction of alerting signals elicited by potentially important sensory and environmental cues...
- Enhaced D2-type receptor activity facilitates the development of conditioned same-sex partner preference in male ratsTamara Cibrian-Llanderal
Centro de Investigaciones Cerebrales, Universidad Veracruzana, Mexico
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 102:177-83. 2012..Accordingly, conditioned males appeared to be more sexually aroused and motivated by the known male than by a receptive female. We discuss the implications of this animal model on the formation of learned homosexual partner preferences...
- Reduced striatal dopamine D1-D2 receptor heteromer expression and behavioural subsensitivity in juvenile ratsM L Perreault
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Neuroscience 225:130-9. 2012....
- Early postnatal experience and DRD2 genotype affect dopamine receptor expression in the rat ventral striatumVedran Lovic
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto Mississauga, Canada
Behav Brain Res 237:278-82. 2013..investigated the presence of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the gene coding for dopamine D2 receptors (DRD2) and the interaction between these variants with early life adversity on the expression of D2 receptors in the ..
- Striatal CB1 and D2 receptors regulate expression of each other, CRIP1A and δ opioid systemsLawrence C Blume
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Neurochem 124:808-20. 2013....
- Two forms of the rat D2 dopamine receptor as revealed by the polymerase chain reactionD D Rao
Neuroscience Research Division, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064
FEBS Lett 263:18-22. 1990..Possible implications of the two forms of the D2 receptor for dopamine-mediated signal transduction are discussed...
- Differential coupling of dopaminergic D2 receptors expressed in different cell types. Stimulation of phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate hydrolysis in LtK- fibroblasts, hyperpolarization, and cytosolic-free Ca2+ concentration decrease in GH4C1 cellsL Vallar
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 265:10320-6. 1990..The nature of receptor responses appears therefore to depend on the specific properties not only of the receptor molecule but also of the cell type in which it is expressed...
- Multiple D2 dopamine receptors produced by alternative RNA splicingF J Monsma
Experimental Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Nature 342:926-9. 1989..This cDNA codes for a receptor isoform which is predominantly expressed in the brain and contains an additional 29 amino acids in the third cytoplasmic loop, a region believed to be involved in G protein coupling...
- Alternative splicing directs the expression of two D2 dopamine receptor isoformsB Giros
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie, U 109 de l inserm Centre Paul Broca, Paris, France
Nature 342:923-6. 1989..As the extra sequence is located within a putative cytoplasmic loop that binds to G proteins, the two isoforms might interact with different G proteins and thereby initiate distinct intracellular signals...
- Cloning and expression of a rat D2 dopamine receptor cDNAJ R Bunzow
Vollum Institute for Advanced Biomedical Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
Nature 336:783-7. 1988....
- Inhibition of amygdaloid dopamine D2 receptors impairs emotional learning measured with fear-potentiated startleQ Greba
Department of Psychology, University of Canterbury, Private Bag 4800, Christchurch, New Zealand
Brain Res 899:218-26. 2001....
- New dopamine D2 receptor polymorphisms in rats and association with apomorphine-induced stereotypiesSabine Germeyer
Department of Psychiatry of the University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, D 55131 Mainz, Germany
Brain Res 926:1-9. 2002..These findings indicate that in Wistar rats at least part of an individual apomorphine stimulated behavioural phenotype might be due to an individual dopamine receptor D2 genotype...
- Repeated sucrose access influences dopamine D2 receptor density in the striatumNicholas T Bello
Department of Behavioral Science and Neuroscience Graduate Program, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Neuroreport 13:1575-8. 2002..There was no differential binding, however, in the accumbens core in any of the groups. These findings indicate that feeding conditions and sucrose intake influence D2R density specifically in subregions of the striatum...
- Inhibition of protein tyrosine/mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase activity is associated with D2 dopamine receptor supersensitivity in a rat model of Parkinson's diseaseXuechu Zhen
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York 10031, USA
Mol Pharmacol 62:1356-63. 2002..The results indicate that attenuation of the PTP/MKP pathway may be responsible for the development of D(2)DR supersensitivity...
- Respective roles of dopamine D2 and D3 receptors in food-seeking behaviour in ratsChristine Duarte
INSERM U 288, Faculty of Medicine Pitié Salpêtrière, 91, Boulevard de l Hopital, 75634 Paris Cedex 13, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 166:19-32. 2003..Dopaminergic mechanisms are thought to be critically involved in reward-related processes and seeking behaviour...
- Loss of intracellular dystrophin: a potential mechanism for myocardial reperfusion injuryShiori Kyoi
The Cardiovascular Center, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi, Japan
Circ J 67:725-7. 2003..Upon withdrawal of BDM, however, EB accumulated in dystrophin-depleted cardiomyocytes. Loss of sarcolemmal dystrophin may be involved in the mechanism of contractile force-induced reperfusion injury...
- Localization of dopamine D2 receptors on cholinergic interneurons of the dorsal striatum and nucleus accumbens of the ratAdriana A Alcantara
Institute for Neuroscience, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Brain Res 986:22-9. 2003....
- CLIC6, a member of the intracellular chloride channel family, interacts with dopamine D(2)-like receptorsNathalie Griffon
Unité de Neurobiologie et Pharmacologie Moléculaire, INSERM U 573, Centre Paul Broca, 2ter rue d Alesia, 75014, Paris, France
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 117:47-57. 2003....
- Dopamine receptor agonists in current clinical use: comparative dopamine receptor binding profiles defined in the human striatumM Gerlach
Clinical Neurochemistry, Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Wurzburg, Germany
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 110:1119-27. 2003..97 nM). The present results thus support the hypothesis that the antiparkinsonian effect of dopamine receptor agonists is mediated by a more complex interactions with dopamine receptor subtypes than currently believed...
- Dynamin-2 associates with the dopamine receptor signalplex and regulates internalization of activated D2 receptorsNadine Kabbani
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208001, New Haven, CT 06520 8001, USA
Cell Signal 16:497-503. 2004..Taken together, our findings suggest that dynamin-2 regulates D2R internalization and thus is likely to play an important role in D2R mediated dopaminergic transmission...
- Ultrastructural evidence for co-localization of dopamine D2 and micro-opioid receptors in the rat dorsolateral striatumL M Ambrose
Department of Neurosurgery, Farber Institute for Neurosciences, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 279:583-91. 2004..These data also suggest that the molecular mechanism responsible for the up-regulation of microOrs in the caudate and putamen following cocaine exposure may depend, in part, on the co-existence of D2rs and micro-Ors in these cells...
- Activation of D1, but not D2 receptors potentiates dizocilpine-mediated disruption of prepulse inhibition of the startleMarco Bortolato
Guy Everett Laboratory, Department of Neuroscience, Center of Excellence, Neurobiology of Dependence, Monserrato CA, Italy
Neuropsychopharmacology 30:561-74. 2005..Conversely, no synergistic effect was exhibited between quinpirole and dizocilpine, at any given dose. These findings suggest that D1, but not D2 receptors, enhance the disruptive effect of dizocilpine on PPI...
- An affected pedigree member analysis of linkage between the dopamine D2 receptor gene TaqI polymorphism and obesity and hypertensionYu Jing Fang
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong
Int J Cardiol 102:111-6. 2005..In this study, we present evidence confirming the linkage between this gene polymorphism, obesity and hypertension...
- Dopamine D(2)-like receptor function is converted from excitatory to inhibitory by thyroxine in the developmental hippocampusA Oh-Nishi
Division of Brain Science, Kitasato University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Sagamihara shi, Kanagawa, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 17:836-45. 2005....
- Novel identification of peripheral dopaminergic D2 receptor in male germ cellsCarola Otth
Instituto de Bioquimica, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad Austral de Chile, Valdivia, Chile
J Cell Biochem 100:141-50. 2007..The presence of D2R receptors in male germ cells implies new and unsuspected roles for dopamine signaling in testicular and sperm physiology...
- Individual differences in the propensity to approach signals vs goals promote different adaptations in the dopamine system of ratsShelly B Flagel
Molecular and Behavioral Neuroscience Institute, University of Michigan, 205 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor, MI, 48109 0720, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 191:599-607. 2007..The way an individual responds to cues associated with rewards may be a key determinant of vulnerability to compulsive behavioral disorders...
- Sound sequence discrimination learning motivated by reward requires dopaminergic D2 receptor activation in the rat auditory cortexMasaharu Kudoh
Department of Neurophysiology, Brain Research Institute, Niigata University, 1 757 Asahimachi dori, Niigata 951 8585, Japan
Learn Mem 13:690-8. 2006..These results suggest that D2 family receptors activated by dopaminergic inputs to the AC are required for sound sequence discrimination learning...
- Amphetamine-induced locomotion, behavioral sensitization to amphetamine, and striatal D2 receptor function in rats with high or low spontaneous exploratory activity: differences in the role of locus coeruleusAet Alttoa
Department of Psychology, Centre of Behavioural and Health Sciences, University of Tartu, Tiigi 78, 50410 Tartu, Estonia
Brain Res 1131:138-48. 2007..These findings have implications to the neurobiology of depression, drug addiction, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder...
- Effects of risperidone on dopamine receptor subtypes in developing rat brainTaylor Moran-Gates
Mailman Research Center, McLean Division of Massachusetts General Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:448-55. 2007..The findings indicate dose-dependent effects of risperidone on dopamine receptors in developing animals, and that juvenile animals are more sensitive than adults to the cerebral effects of risperidone...
- Maternal deprivation and handling modify the effect of the dopamine D3 receptor agonist, BP 897 on morphine-conditioned place preference in ratsVincent Vazquez
Laboratoire de Neurobiologie et Psychiatrie, Faculte de Medecine, INSERM U513, 8 rue du General Sarrail, Creteil 94010, France
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 193:475-86. 2007..Maternal deprivation and handling can lead to a vulnerability to opiate dependence. However, the involvement of the dopamine D3 receptors has not been investigated...
- Preprodynorphin mediates locomotion and D2 dopamine and mu-opioid receptor changes induced by chronic 'binge' cocaine administrationA Bailey
School of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
J Neurochem 102:1817-30. 2007....
- Isolated Flinders Sensitive Line rats have decreased dopamine D2 receptor mRNAAstrid Bjørnebekk
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Neuroreport 18:1039-43. 2007..Our findings of decreased dopamine D2 receptor levels in socially isolated Flinders Sensitive Line rats suggest that low D2 receptor expression may play a role in pathophysiology of depression...
- Periadolescent stress exposure exerts long-term effects on adult stress responding and expression of prefrontal dopamine receptors in male and female ratsLisa D Wright
Department of Psychology, Life Sciences Center, Dalhousie University, 1355 Oxford Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada B3H 4J1
Psychoneuroendocrinology 33:130-42. 2008..These findings suggest that the adolescent period may represent a sensitive period during which developmental programming of the stress response occurs...
- Interaction with dopamine D2 receptor enhances expression of transient receptor potential channel 1 at the cell surfaceMeredith A Hannan
Department of Pharmacology, Penn State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:974-82. 2008..These findings shed new light on the constituents of the D2R signalplex, and support the involvement of D2Rs in cellular calcium signaling pathways via a novel link to TRPC channels...
- Extremely low-frequency electromagnetic field exposure during chronic morphine treatment strengthens downregulation of dopamine D2 receptors in rat dorsal hippocampus after morphine withdrawalXiusong Wang
Laboratory of Primate Neuroscience Research and Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Human Disease Mechanisms, Kunming Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 32 Jiao Chang Dong Lu, Kunming, Yunnan, 650223, PR China
Neurosci Lett 433:178-82. 2008..The results suggest that dorsal hippocampal D2Rs are sensitive to morphine withdrawal and that this is potentiated by ELF-EMF pre-exposure during morphine treatment...
- Melatonin reduces the neuronal loss, downregulation of dopamine transporter, and upregulation of D2 receptor in rotenone-induced parkinsonian ratsChun Hung Lin
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Pineal Res 44:205-13. 2008....
- D2 dopamine modulation of corticoaccumbens synaptic responses changes during adolescenceMarianne Benoit-Marand
Center for Neuropharmacology and Neuroscience, Albany Medical College, 47 New Scotland Ave, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Eur J Neurosci 27:1364-72. 2008....
- 11C-NMSP/ 18F-FDG microPET to monitor neural stem cell transplantation in a rat model of traumatic brain injuryHong Zhang
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, 88 Jiefang Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 35:1699-708. 2008..To investigate whether (11)C-N-methylspiperone ((11)C-NMSP) microPET could be used for imaging neural stem cells (NSCs) transplantation in a rat model of traumatic brain injury...
- Dopamine signaling through D1-like versus D2-like receptors in the nucleus accumbens core versus shell differentially modulates nicotine reward sensitivitySteven R Laviolette
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Schulich School of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N5Y 5T8
J Neurosci 28:8025-33. 2008..Thus, D(1)-like versus D(2)-like receptors in NAcore versus NAshell subdivisions play functionally dissociable roles in modulating systemic or intra-VTA nicotine motivational processing...
- Dopamine D2 and adenosine A2A receptors regulate NMDA-mediated excitation in accumbens neurons through A2A-D2 receptor heteromerizationKarima Azdad
Laboratory of Neurophysiology, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Neuropsychopharmacology 34:972-86. 2009....
- Prefrontal cortical D1 dopamine receptors modulate subcortical D2 dopamine receptor-mediated stress responsivenessRachel Scornaiencki
Department of Psychiatry, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 12:1195-208. 2009..The results suggest that dopaminergic transmission via D1 receptors in the mPFC modulates D2 dopamine receptor-mediated stress responsiveness in the NAc, a feature that may be disrupted in schizophrenia patients...
- Species differences in the relative densities of D1- and D2-like dopamine receptor subtypes in the Japanese quail and rats: an in vitro quantitative receptor autoradiography studyHayley K Kleitz
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Brain Behav Evol 73:81-90. 2009....
- Modulatory role of dopamine D2 receptors and fundamental role of L-type Ca2+ channels in the induction of long-term potentiation in the basolateral amygdala-dentate gyrus pathway of anesthetized ratsKazuho Abe
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Hoshi University, Tokyo, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 606:90-3. 2009..These results suggest that the role of dopamine D(2) receptors in the induction of BLA-DG LTP is modulatory and depends on GABAergic inhibition, whereas the role of L-type Ca(2+) channels is fundamental...
- Nicotine tolerance to PC12 cell line: acute and chronic exposures modulate dopamine D2 receptor and tyrosine hydroxylase expressionNibedita Naha
Division of Life Science, Applied Life Science Brain Korea 21 and EB NCRC, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju 660 701, South Korea
Neurol Res 31:289-99. 2009....
- The A(2B)-D(2) receptor interaction that controls carotid body catecholamines release locates between the last two steps of hypoxic transduction cascadeS V Conde
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular y Fisiologia, Universidad de Valladolid, Facultad de Medicina Instituto de Biología y Genética Molecular, 47005 Valladolid, Spain
Adv Exp Med Biol 648:161-8. 2009....
- Ex vivo [11C]-(+)-PHNO binding is unchanged in animal models displaying increased high-affinity states of the D2 receptor in vitroPatrick N McCormick
Institute of Medical Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S1A8
Synapse 63:998-1009. 2009..The potential implications of this discrepancy are discussed...
- Dopamine D1 and D2 receptor functional down regulation in the cerebellum of hypoxic neonatal rats: neuroprotective role of glucose and oxygen, epinephrine resuscitationBinoy Joseph
Molecular Neurobiology and Cell Biology Unit, Centre for Neuroscience, Department of Biotechnology, Cochin University of Science and Technology, Cochin 682 022, Kerala, India
Pharmacol Res 61:136-41. 2010..Thus our results suggest that glucose acts as a neuroprotective agent in dopaminergic receptors function. This has immense clinical significance to correct the resuscitation sequence in neonatal care...
- Dopaminergic D2 receptors activate PKA to inhibit spinal pelvic-urethra reflex in ratsHsi Chin Wu
China Medical University Hospital, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 299:F681-6. 2010....
- The role of dopamine receptors in ventrolateral orbital cortex-evoked anti-nociception in a rat model of neuropathic painY H Dang
Department of Forensic Medicine, Key Laboratory of Environment and Genes Related to Diseases of Ministry of Education, Xi an Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Yanta Road West 76, Xi an, Shaanxi 710061, PR China
Neuroscience 169:1872-80. 2010..In addition, the mechanisms of GABAergic disinhibition might be involved in D(2)-like receptor mediating effects in neuropathic pain...
- The possible involvement of dopamine D3 receptors in the regulation of gastric emptying in ratsTakashi Yoshikawa
Strategic Planning and Business Development Division, Dainippon Sumitomo Pharma Co, Ltd Osaka, Japan
Life Sci 87:638-42. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible involvement of the dopamine D(3) receptor in the regulation of gastric motility in rats using selective dopamine D(3) receptor agonists or a dopamine D(3) receptor antagonist...
- Uncoupling the dopamine D1-D2 receptor complex exerts antidepressant-like effectsLin Pei
Department of Neuroscience, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Med 16:1393-5. 2010....
- OPIOID AND ALCOHOL REGULATED IMMUNE FUNCTIONDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Novel pharmacotherapies for treatment of ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Expected findings should evolve new principles and lead to novel compounds that can be used as much-needed innovative treatments for ADHD and other major neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- ESTROGEN MITOGENIC ACTION IN THE PITUITARYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Such knowledge should be important in understanding prolactinoma because increased proliferation is an early step in cell transformation. ..
- Plant-Based Dietry Intervention in Type 2 DiabetesNeal Barnard; Fiscal Year: 2004..Glycosylated hemoglobin, insulin concentrations, 24-hour urinary albumin, body weight, blood pressure, serum lipids, and related cardiovascular risk factors will be measured at baseline, 22 weeks, and 74 weeks. ..
- Norepinephrine Transporters: Targets for ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Expected findings should lead to novel compounds that can be developed as much needed innovative non-stimulant treatments for ADHD and other major neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Effects of antipsychotic drugs on brain and behaviorFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2005..adult rats, and should evolve new principles for improved treatments for childhood-onset schizophrenia and other major pediatric psychiatric disorders. ..
- Ethanol Driven Neuroadaptation of Cholinergic InterneurADRIANA ALCANTARA; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Hybrid Drugs: Novel Pharmacotherapy for ADHDFRANK TARAZI; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF OPIATES IN ALCOHOL-INDUCED NEUROTOXICITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Biology of the NK cell cytolytic activity rhythmDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed series of studies should enhance our knowledge of the physiological mechanisms orchestrating NK cell circadian function. ..
- Fetal Alcohol Effects on Circadian clocks and POMCDIPAK KUMAR SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information should help to develop therapeutic strategies in managing sleep-wake disturbances and the resultant health consequences in FAE offspring. ..
- CONSTRUCTION OF BIOLOGY RESEARCH FACILITYDIPAK SARKAR; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..