Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Dnmt3a
Description: DNA methyltransferase 3 alpha
Alias: DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3A, DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 3 alpha, DNA methyltransferase 3A
- A novel Dnmt3a isoform produced from an alternative promoter localizes to euchromatin and its expression correlates with active de novo methylationTaiping Chen
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38746-54. 2002..However, only one form of Dnmt3a has been identified to date...
- Expression of DNA methyltransferases DNMT1, 3A, and 3B in normal hematopoiesis and in acute and chronic myelogenous leukemiaS Mizuno
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Blood 97:1172-9. 2001..Recently identified new DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) genes, DNMT3A and DNMT3B, code for de novo methyltransferases...
- Recurrent DNMT3A mutations in patients with myelodysplastic syndromesM J Walter
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Leukemia 25:1153-8. 2011..Methylation of CpG dinucleotides is mediated by DNA methyltransferases, including DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B...
- [Expression and significance of DNA methyltransferase in sera of patients with lung cancer]Yue Jing Feng
Department of Respiratory Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 93:3822-5. 2013To explore the protein expressions of DNMT1, DNMT3a and DNMT3b in sera of lung cancer patients.
- Aberrant immunoreactivity of deoxyribonucleic acid methyltransferases in adenomyosisXishi Liu
Shanghai Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Gynecol Obstet Invest 74:100-8. 2012..To investigate the expression and localization of deoxyribonucleic acid methyltransferases (DNMTs) in women with and without adenomyosis...
- Alteration in methylation pattern of GATA-4 promoter region in vitamin A-deficient offspring's heartYi Feng
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Xin Hua Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200092, China
J Nutr Biochem 24:1373-80. 2013..Moreover, up-regulation of DNMT1 and down-regulation of DNMT3a and DNMT3b expression were found in this group embryo...
- The molecular profile of adult T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia: mutations in RUNX1 and DNMT3A are associated with poor prognosis in T-ALLVera Grossmann
MLL Munich Leukemia Laboratory, Max Lebsche Platz 31, 81377 Munich, Germany
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 52:410-22. 2013..Here, 90 adult T-ALL cases were investigated for mutations in NOTCH1, FBXW7, PHF6, CDKN2A, DNMT3A, FLT3, PTEN, and RUNX1 using 454 next-generation amplicon sequencing and melting curve analyses...
- MicroRNA miR-29c down-regulation leading to de-repression of its target DNA methyltransferase 3a promotes ischemic brain damageGopal Pandi
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e58039. 2013..Bioinformatics indicated that DNA methyltransferase 3a (DNMT3a) is a major target of miR-29c and co-transfection with premiR-29c prevented DNMT3a 3'UTR vector ..
- Cocaine represses protein phosphatase-1Cβ through DNA methylation and Methyl-CpG Binding Protein-2 recruitment in adult rat brainSarah Pol Bodetto
Laboratoire de Neurosciences Cognitives et Adaptatives, UMR 7364 CNRS, Universite de Strasbourg, 67000 Strasbourg, France
Neuropharmacology 73:31-40. 2013..Our data demonstrate that PP1Cβ is a direct MeCP2-target gene in vivo. They suggest that its repression may participate to behavioral adaptations triggered by the drug...
- Chronic cerebrovascular hypoperfusion affects global DNA methylation and histone acetylation in rat brainXiangmei Wu
Department of Pathology, Capital Medical University, Beijing, 100069, China
Neurosci Bull 29:685-92. 2013..01) compared with the sham group at 90 days after 2-VO surgery. DNMT3a expression was down-regulated to 75...
- Exposure to caregiver maltreatment alters expression levels of epigenetic regulators in the medial prefrontal cortexJennifer Blaze
Department of Psychology, University of Delaware, Newark, DE 19716, United States
Int J Dev Neurosci 31:804-10. 2013..likewise affects expression levels of several genes important in regulating DNA methylation patterns (Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, MeCP2, Gadd45b, and Hdac1)...
- Phenotypic switching induced by damaged matrix is associated with DNA methyltransferase 3A (DNMT3A) activity and nuclear localization in smooth muscle cells (SMC)Jia Xin Jiang
Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Division of Urology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e69089. 2013..Cells were fixed and stained for DNMT3A and smooth muscle actin (SMA) or smooth muscle myosin heavy chain...
- Mitochondrial DNMT3A and DNA methylation in skeletal muscle and CNS of transgenic mouse models of ALSMargaret Wong
Department of Pathology, Division of Neuropathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine Baltimore, MD, USA
Front Cell Neurosci 7:279. 2013..We show by immunoblotting that DNA methyltransferase 3A (Dnmt3a) isoform is present in pure mitochondria of adult mouse CNS, skeletal muscle, and testes, and ..
- DNMT3A R882 mutations in patients with cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromeDoaa El Ghannam
Departments of Clinical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Egypt Electronic address
Blood Cells Mol Dis 53:61-6. 2014..We determined the frequency of DNMT3A mutations, their associations with clinical and molecular characteristics and outcome, in primary, cytogenetically-..
- Cancer epigenetics: from mechanism to therapyMark A Dawson
Gurdon Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, UK
Cell 150:12-27. 2012..This information, along with the promising clinical and preclinical results seen with epigenetic drugs against chromatin regulators, signifies that it is time to embrace the central role of epigenetics in cancer...
- Playing TETris with DNA modificationsBenjamin Delatte
Laboratory of Cancer Epigenetics, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
EMBO J 33:1198-211. 2014....
- DNMT3A silencing RASSF1A promotes cardiac fibrosis through upregulation of ERK1/2Hui Tao
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, the Second Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Fu Rong Road, Hefei, Anhui 230601, China Cardiovascular Research Center, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230601, China
Toxicology 323:42-50. 2014..Moreover, DNA methylation plays a central role in the maintenance of cardiac fibrosis. DNA methyltransferases 3A (DNMT3A) is a critical participant in the epigenetic silencing of regulatory genes...
- Effects of acute ethanol exposure on anxiety measures and epigenetic modifiers in the extended amygdala of adolescent ratsAmul J Sakharkar
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 17:2057-67. 2014..The DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b mRNA expression in the amygdala was not affected by either 1or 2 doses of 2 g/kg...
- DNMT3A mutations and prognostic significance in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaWeijing Li
Beijing Key Laboratory of Pediatric Hematology Oncology National Key Discipline of Pediatrics, Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Major Diseases in Children, Ministry of Education Hematology Oncology Center, Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, China
Leuk Lymphoma 56:1066-71. 2015Little is known about DNMT3A mutations in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). We screened for DNMT3A mutations in exon 23 and its adjacent intron regions in diagnostic samples of 201 children with ALL...
- Effect of DNA demethylation in experimental encapsulating peritoneal sclerosisKyung Hoon Kim
Division of Nephrology and Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Ther Apher Dial 18:628-36. 2014..DNA demethylation by 5'-azacytidine treatment improved pathologic changes of the peritoneum in experimental EPS, and was associated with reversal of increased DNMT1 expression and RASAL1 hypermethylation...
- Epigenetic regulation of acute inflammatory painE Abzianidze
Tbilisi State Medical University, Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics Bakhutashvili Institute of Medical Biotechnology 3I Beritashvili Center of Experimental Biomedicine, Department of Pain and Analgesia, Tbilisi, Georgia
Georgian Med News . 2014..during acute inflammatory pain induced by the application of 10% mustard oil on the tongues of rats, levels of DNMT3a and 3b were elevated markedly (36 and 42 % respectively), whereas the level of DNMT1 was not changed significantly...
- Dnmt3a loss predisposes murine hematopoietic stem cells to malignant transformationAllison Mayle
Blood 125:629-38. 2015b>DNA methyltransferase 3A (DNMT3A) is mutated in hematologic malignancies affecting myeloid, mixed, and lymphoid lineages, and these mutations are associated with poor prognosis...
- DNMT3A Mutational Status Affects the Results of Dose-Escalated Induction Therapy in Acute Myelogenous LeukemiaAlison R Sehgal
Division of Hematology and Oncology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Clin Cancer Res 21:1614-20. 2015b>DNA methyltransferase 3A (DNMT3A) is one of the commonly mutated genes in acute myelogenous leukemia (AML)...
- DNMT3A mutation analysis in adult patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaYa Nan Liu
Department of Hematology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, 430030, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 35:337-42. 2015DNA methyl-transferase 3A (DNMT3A) mutation has recently been identified as an independent risk factor for patients with acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- DNMT3A intragenic hypomethylation is associated with adverse prognosis in acute myeloid leukemiaYing ying Zhang
Department of Hematology, Affiliated People s Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Leuk Res 39:1041-7. 2015b>DNA methyltransferase 3A (DNMT3A), a member of de novo methyltransferases, has been found with overexpression in several cancers including acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Age-related prognostic impact of different types of DNMT3A mutations in adults with primary cytogenetically normal acute myeloid leukemiaGuido Marcucci
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Clin Oncol 30:742-50. 2012To determine the frequency of DNMT3A mutations, their associations with clinical and molecular characteristics and outcome, and the associated gene- and microRNA-expression signatures in primary cytogenetically normal acute myeloid ..
- A folate- and methyl-deficient diet alters the expression of DNA methyltransferases and methyl CpG binding proteins involved in epigenetic gene silencing in livers of F344 ratsKalpana Ghoshal
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Nutr 136:1522-7. 2006..We investigated changes in the DNA methylation machinery, namely, de novo DNA methyltransferases (Dnmt3a and 3b), maintenance DNA methyltransferase (Dnmt1), and methyl CpG binding proteins (MBDs), in rat livers during ..
- Change in microRNAs associated with neuronal adaptive responses in the nucleus accumbens under neuropathic painSatoshi Imai
Department of Toxicology, Hoshi University School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
J Neurosci 31:15294-9. 2011..Acc. neurons. The expression of DNA methyltransferase 3a (DNMT3a), which is the one of the predicted targets of miR200b/429, was significantly increased in the ..
- Radiation-induced molecular changes in rat mammary tissue: possible implications for radiation-induced carcinogenesisJonathan Loree
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Lethbridge, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Int J Radiat Biol 82:805-15. 2006..Ionizing radiation is a potent mammary gland carcinogen, yet the exact molecular etiology of radiation-induced breast cancer remains unknown...
- DNA methyltransferase expression and DNA hypermethylation in human hepatocellular carcinomaHye Jung Park
Department of Biological Sciences and Bio Molecular Informatics Center, Konkuk University, 1 Hwayang dong, Gwangjin gu, Seoul 143 701, South Korea
Cancer Lett 233:271-8. 2006..Expression of DNMT1, DNMT3a and DNMT3b mRNA was detected in 33.3, 59.3, and 55.6% of HCCs and 40.7, 22...
- Decreased DNA methyltransferase 3A and 3B mRNA expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and increased plasma SAH concentration in adult patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraJie Tao
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 288 Nanjing Road, Tianjin 300020, People s Republic of China
J Clin Immunol 28:432-9. 2008..The aim of this study is to explore if DNA methylation plays a role in the pathogenesis of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- Cellular epigenetic modifications of neural stem cell differentiationRabindra P Singh
Departments of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cell Transplant 18:1197-211. 2009..Furthermore, we found an outward translocation of DNA methylation marker 5-MeC, DNMT1, DNMT3a, and MBD1 in NSCs as differentiation began and proceeded; 5-MeC from homogeneous nucleus to peripheral nucleus, ..
- A functional polymorphism in the DNA methyltransferase-3A promoter modifies the susceptibility in gastric cancer but not in esophageal carcinomaHong Fan
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
BMC Med 8:12. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of a DNMT3A promoter genetic variant on its transcriptional activity and to evaluate the association between DNMT3A gene ..
- Vinclozolin exposure in utero induces postpubertal prostatitis and reduces sperm production via a reversible hormone-regulated mechanismPrue A Cowin
Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 151:783-92. 2010..These data demonstrate in utero Vinclozolin-induced male reproductive tract abnormalities are AR mediated and reversible and involve a mechanism independent of Dnmt expression...
- Regulation of DNA methylation by ethanol induces tissue plasminogen activator expression in astrocytesXiaolu Zhang
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Neurochem 128:344-9. 2014..Furthermore, it was observed that protein levels of DNMT3A, but not DNMT1, were reduced in astrocytes after ethanol exposure...
- Effect of long-term tamoxifen exposure on genotoxic and epigenetic changes in rat liver: implications for tamoxifen-induced hepatocarcinogenesisVolodymyr P Tryndyak
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:1713-20. 2006..Protein expressions of maintenance (DNMT1) DNA methyltransferase and de novo DNA methyltransferases DNMT3a and DNMT3b were decreased at all time points...
- Aberrant expression of deoxyribonucleic acid methyltransferases DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B in women with endometriosisYan Wu
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226 0509, USA
Fertil Steril 87:24-32. 2007..The aim of this study was to determine gene expression levels of DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B, the three genes coding for DNA methyltransferases that are responsible for methylation.
- DNA methyltransferases 3a and 3b are differentially expressed in the early stages of a rat liver carcinogenesis modelCarlos Alberto Valencia Antúnez
Department of Cell Biology Center for Research and Advanced Studies CINVESTAV IPN, Basic Research Branch, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Oncol Rep 32:2093-103. 2014..Changes in genomic DNA methylation patterns are established by the DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) family: DNMT1, DNMT3a and DNMT3b. The DNMTs are known to be overexpressed in tumors...
- DNA methylation pathway alterations in an autochthonous murine model of prostate cancerShannon R Morey
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 66:11659-67. 2006..display increased cytosine DNA methyltransferase (Dnmt) activity, Dnmt1 and Dnmt3b protein expression, and Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, and Dnmt3b mRNA expression...
- Effects of topiramate on ethanol-cocaine interactions and DNA methyltransferase gene expression in the rat prefrontal cortexV Echeverry-Alzate
Department of Psychobiology, School of Psychology, Campus de Somosaguas, Complutense University of Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 171:3023-36. 2014..However, the effects of topiramate on the co-administration of ethanol and cocaine remain largely unknown...
- DNA methylation and differential gene regulation in photoreceptor cell deathP Farinelli
1 Division of Ophthalmology, Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Lund, BMC B11, Lund 22184, Sweden 2 Division of Experimental Ophthalmology, Institute for Ophthalmic Research, University of Tubingen, Tubingen 72076, Germany
Cell Death Dis 5:e1558. 2014..chromatin structure during retinal degeneration that coincided with an increased expression of the DNMT isozyme DNMT3a. To identify disease-specific differentially methylated DNA regions (DMRs) on a genomic level, we ..
- Dexamethasone induces a putative repressor complex and chromatin modifications in the CRH promoterDharmendra Sharma
Institute for Aging and Alzheimer s disease, Department of Pharmacology and Neuroscience, University of North Texas Health Science Center, CBH 469, 3500 Camp Bowie Boulevard, Fort Worth, Texas 76107, USA
Mol Endocrinol 27:1142-52. 2013..Indeed, the GR interacted with DnMT3b, but not DnMT3a. In addition, Dex-induced occupancy of the crh promoter by HDAC1, MeCP2, and DnMT3b was associated with an ..
- Perinatal programming of adult rat germ cell death after exposure to xenoestrogens: role of microRNA miR-29 family in the down-regulation of DNA methyltransferases and Mcl-1Léo Meunier
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 1065, Centre Méditerranéen de Médecine Moléculaire C3M, Team 5, Nice F 06204, France
Endocrinology 153:1936-47. 2012..Increased miR-29 expression resulted in a decrease in DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b and antiapoptotic myeloid cell leukemia sequence 1 (Mcl-1) protein levels as shown in 1) germ cells of ..
- [Effects of bromopropane exposure on expression of DNA methyltransferases and level of histone acetylation in testis of male rats]Qian Zhang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistic, School of Public Health, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 31:92-5. 2013..To investigate the changes in the expression of DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) and activities of histone acetyltransferase (HAT) and histone deacetylase (HDAC) in the testis of male rats exposed to bromopropanes (BPs)...
- Antidepressant treatment is associated with epigenetic alterations in the promoter of P11 in a genetic model of depressionPhilippe A Melas
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Neurogenetics Unit, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Neuropsychopharmacol 15:669-79. 2012..two DNA methyltransferases that have been shown to maintain DNA methylation in adult forebrain neurons (Dnmt1 and Dnmt3a)...
- Influence of developmental lead exposure on expression of DNA methyltransferases and methyl cytosine-binding proteins in hippocampusJ S Schneider
Department of Pathology, Anatomy and Cell Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Toxicol Lett 217:75-81. 2013..Western blot analyses showed significant effects of Pb exposure on DNMT1, DNMT3a, and MeCP2 expression, with effects often seen at the lowest level of exposure and modified by sex and ..
- Antidepressants inhibit DNA methyltransferase 1 through reducing G9a levelsNicole Zimmermann
Chaperone Research Group, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, Kraepelinstr 2 10, 80804 Munich, Germany
Biochem J 448:93-102. 2012..In conclusion, the present study presents a model where distinct ADs affect DNMT1 activity via G9a with important repercussions for possible novel treatment regimes...
- Recurrent DNMT3A R882 mutations in Chinese patients with acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndromeJiang Lin
Department of Haematology, Affiliated People s Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e26906. 2011Somatic mutations of DNMT3A gene have recently been reported in acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...
- A review of methionine dependency and the role of methionine restriction in cancer growth control and life-span extensionPaul Cavuoto
CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences, P O Box 10041, Adelaide BC, SA 5000, Australia
Cancer Treat Rev 38:726-36. 2012..The application of nutritional methionine restriction and methioninase in combination with chemotherapeutic regimens is the current focus of clinical studies...
- Role of de novo DNA methyltransferases and methyl CpG-binding proteins in gene silencing in a rat hepatomaSarmila Majumder
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16048-58. 2002..The mRNA levels of the de novo methyltransferases DNMT3a and DNMT3b were 3- and 6-fold higher, respectively, in the tumor implicating transcriptional up-regulation of ..
- Myc represses transcription through recruitment of DNA methyltransferase corepressorCarmen Brenner
Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Brussels, Belgium
EMBO J 24:336-46. 2005..Here we show that Myc binds the corepressor Dnmt3a and associates with DNA methyltransferase activity in vivo...
- Identification of 11 pseudogenes in the DNA methyltransferase gene family in rodents and humans and implications for the functional lociDiane J Lees-Murdock
Cancer and Ageing Research Group, UK
Genomics 84:193-204. 2004..All except 1 rat Dnmt3b pseudogene appear to be transcriptionally silent. Dnmt3a2, a transcript variant of Dnmt3a starting at an alternative promoter, had the highest number of processed pseudogenes, while none were found for ..
- Transgenerational epigenetic programming of the embryonic testis transcriptomeMatthew D Anway
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 4231, USA
Genomics 91:30-40. 2008..The most dramatic effects were on the germ-line-associated Dnmt3A and Dnmt3L isoforms...
- DNA methyltransferase 3a expression decreases during apoptosis in primary cultures of hepatocytesMathieu Vinken
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Toxicol In Vitro 24:445-51. 2010..to the hepatic in vivo situation, DNMT1, DNMT2 and DNMT3b could not be detected, whereas relatively high levels of DNMT3a protein were observed in the in vitro setting, as studied by immunoblotting...
- Dnmt3a regulates emotional behavior and spine plasticity in the nucleus accumbensQuincey LaPlant
Fishberg Department of Neuroscience, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Nat Neurosci 13:1137-43. 2010..We found that Dnmt3a expression was regulated in mouse nucleus accumbens (NAc) by chronic cocaine use and chronic social defeat stress...
- Aberrant methylation accounts for cell adhesion-related gene silencing during 3-methylcholanthrene and diethylnitrosamine induced multistep rat lung carcinogenesis associated with overexpression of DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3aWen Bin Liu
Department of Hygiene Toxicology, Preventive Medical College, Third Military Medical University, Key Laboratory of Medical Protection for Electromagnetic Radiation, Ministry of Education of China, Chongqing 400038, P R China
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 251:70-8. 2011..DNMT1 and DNMT3a protein expression increased progressively during the stages of lung carcinogenesis, whereas DNMT3b overexpression ..
- Sex difference in the expression of DNA methyltransferase 3a in the rat amygdala during developmentM H Kolodkin
Neuroscience Training Program, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53705, USA
J Neuroendocrinol 23:577-83. 2011..We investigated whether sex differences in the expression of DNMT1 and DNMT3a were apparent in the amygdala, preoptic area and medial basal hypothalamus at different time points during ..
- GM1 Ganglioside Effects on Parkinson's DiseaseJay Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2007..Working hypothesis: Long-term GM1 use will stabilize symptoms or slow the progression of symptoms in PD patients and this may be accompanied by reduced loss of striatal DA terminals over time. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nicotine and Cognition in ParkinsonismJay Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..Information obtained from these studies will hopefully lead to more efficient design of nicotinic therapeutics for patients with a variety of cognitive disorders. ..