Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cybb
Description: cytochrome b-245 beta chain
Alias: Gp91-phox, Nox2, cytochrome b-245 beta chain, NADPH oxidase 2, cytochrome b-245, beta polypeptide, endothelial type gp91-phox
- Expression of p22-phox and gp91-phox, essential components of NADPH oxidase, increases after myocardial infarctionT Fukui
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical University, Kagawa, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:1200-6. 2001..Our results suggest that the increased expression of NADPH oxidase may have an effect on left ventricular remodeling by increasing the redox-sensitive NF-kappaB DNA binding activity as well as the lipid peroxidation level...
- Oxidative stress and dysregulation of superoxide dismutase and NADPH oxidase in renal insufficiencyNosratola D Vaziri
Department of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
Kidney Int 63:179-85. 2003..We hypothesized that CRF-induced oxidative stress may be due to increased production and/or decreased dismutation of superoxide...
- Increased expression of gp91phox homologues of NAD(P)H oxidase in the aortic media during chronic hypertension: involvement of the renin-angiotensin systemTakashi Akasaki
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Hypertens Res 29:813-20. 2006..These results suggest that blood pressure and angiotensin II type 1 receptor activation are involved in the up-regulation of Nox1 and Nox4 expression, which could contribute to vascular injury during chronic hypertension...
- Immunohistochemical study of p47Phox and gp91Phox distributions in rat brainMyeung Ju Kim
Department of Anatomy, Cheju National University College of Medicine, Ara 1 Dong, Jeju, Jeju do 690 756, South Korea
Brain Res 1040:178-86. 2005..Taken together, the widespread observed distributions of p47Phox and gp91Phox subunits indicate that they are probably needed to maintain normal brain function...
- Mechanisms underlying endothelial dysfunction in diabetes mellitusU Hink
Universitatskrankenhaus Eppendorf, Germany
Circ Res 88:E14-22. 2001..The full text of this article is available at http://www.circresaha.org...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 mediates increased expression of NADPH oxidase-2 in response to intermittent hypoxiaGuoxiang Yuan
Institute for Integrative Physiology and The Center for Systems Biology of O2 Sensing, Biological Science Division, University of Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Cell Physiol 226:2925-33. 2011..by increased generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by pro-oxidant enzymes, especially NADPH oxidase-2 (Nox2)...
- Novel gp91(phox) homologues in vascular smooth muscle cells : nox1 mediates angiotensin II-induced superoxide formation and redox-sensitive signaling pathwaysB Lassegue
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Circ Res 88:888-94. 2001..These data support a role for nox1 in redox signaling in VSMCs and provide insight into the molecular identity of the VSMC NAD(P)H oxidase and its potentially critical role in vascular disease...
- X-ROS signaling: rapid mechano-chemo transduction in heartBenjamin L Prosser
Center for Biomedical Engineering and Technology BioMET, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21209, USA
Science 333:1440-5. 2011..physiologic stretch rapidly activates reduced-form nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase 2 (NOX2) to produce reactive oxygen species (ROS) in a process dependent on microtubules (X-ROS signaling)...
- Regulation of hypothalamic renin-angiotensin system and oxidative stress by aldosteroneBing S Huang
University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4W7
Exp Physiol 96:1028-38. 2011..Aldosterone significantly increased mRNA and protein of AT(1)R, P22phox, P47phox, P67phox and Nox2, and decreased nNOS but not eNOS mRNA and protein in the PVN, as well as increased the angiotensin-converting ..
- Nox2 and p47(phox) modulate compensatory growth of primary collateral arteriesMatthew R Distasi
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 306:H1435-43. 2014..by real-time PCR at 1, 3, and 7 days relative to same-animal control arteries suggested a role for Nox subunits Nox2 and p47(phox)...
- The NOX2-mediated ROS producing capacity of recipient cells is associated with reduced T cell infiltrate in an experimental model of chronic renal allograft inflammationMarina D Kraaij
Dept of Nephrology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Transpl Immunol 30:65-70. 2014..As influx of Mph is an important characteristic of chronic inflammatory responses, we investigated the impact of NOX2-mediated ROS production by recipient cells in an experimental model of chronic allograft inflammation...
- Oxidative burst and neutrophil elastase contribute to clearance of Aspergillus fumigatus pneumonia in miceSteve Prüfer
Institute for Immunology, Johannes Gutenberg University Medical Center, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Immunobiology 219:87-96. 2014..fumigatus infections in vitro and in vivo. While ELA contributes to clearance of A. fumigatus, the oxidative functions are essential for survival. ..
- The effect of orexin-A on cardiac dysfunction mediated by NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide anion in ventrolateral medullaJun Chen
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e69840. 2013....
- Spinal sigma-1 receptors activate NADPH oxidase 2 leading to the induction of pain hypersensitivity in mice and mechanical allodynia in neuropathic ratsSheu Ran Choi
Department of Veterinary Physiology, College of Veterinary Medicine and Research Institute for Veterinary Science, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Pharmacol Res 74:56-67. 2013..In this study, we examine the role of NADPH oxidase 2 (Nox2)-induced reactive oxygen species (ROS) on Sig-1R-induced pain hypersensitivity and the induction of ..
- 20-Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid mediates isolated heart ischemia/reperfusion injury by increasing NADPH oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species productionYong Han
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, China
Circ J 77:1807-16. 2013..It has been reported that 20-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid (20-HETE) aggravates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury, but the exact mechanism of action is still unclear...
- IL-1β Induces MMP-9-Dependent Brain Astrocytic Migration via Transactivation of PDGF Receptor/NADPH Oxidase 2-Derived Reactive Oxygen Species SignalsChuen Mao Yang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and Health Aging Research Center, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, 259 Wen Hwa 1st Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Mol Neurobiol 52:303-17. 2015..is mediated through a c-Src-mediated transactivation of PDGFR/PI3K/Akt cascade linking to p47(phox)/NADPH oxidase 2 (Nox2)/ROS signaling pathway...
- NADPH oxidase 2-derived reactive oxygen species in spinal cord microglia contribute to peripheral nerve injury-induced neuropathic painDongHoon Kim
Program in Neuroscience, Dental Research Institute, and Brain Korea21, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 749, Republic of Korea
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:14851-6. 2010..Here, we provide evidence that NADPH oxidase 2 (Nox2)-derived ROS production plays a critical role in nerve injury-induced spinal cord microglia activation ..
- A 40-base-pair duplication in the gp91-phox gene leading to X-linked chronic granulomatous diseaseH Rabbani
Center for Biotechnology, Karolinska Institute, Novum, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur J Haematol 51:218-22. 1993..Here we describe a patient suffering from X-linked CGD due to a 40-base-pair duplication in exon 7 of the CYBB gene coding for gp91-phox, predicting a frameshift, substitution of 22 amino acids and a premature stop codon at ..
- Nonresolving inflammation in gp91phox-/- mice, a model of human chronic granulomatous disease, has lower adenosine and cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphateRavindra Rajakariar
Department of Experimental Medicine and Translational Therapeutics, William Harvey Research Institute, London, United Kingdom
J Immunol 182:3262-9. 2009..Therefore, we describe the biphasic profile of adenosine and cAMP throughout the time course of acute inflammation that is dysregulated in CGD...
- Oxidative stress contributes to pulmonary hypertension in the transgenic (mRen2)27 ratVincent G Demarco
Department of Child Health, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65210, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H2659-68. 2008..In placebo-treated Ren2 rats, MAP and RVSP, as well as intrapulmonary NADPH oxidase activity and subunits (Nox2, p22phox, and Rac-1) and ROS, were elevated compared with placebo-treated SD rats (P < 0.05)...
- Remote ischemic preconditioning differentially affects NADPH oxidase isoforms during hepatic ischemia-reperfusionDénes Garab
Institute of Surgical Research, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Life Sci 105:14-21. 2014..enzymes after remote ischemic preconditioning (IPC) and hepatic ischemia-reperfusion (IR), with the specific aim of assessing the importance of the most relevant NADPH oxidase (NOX) isoforms, NOX2 and NOX4, in the mechanism of action.
- Local arterial nanoparticle delivery of siRNA for NOX2 knockdown to prevent restenosis in an atherosclerotic rat modelJ M Li
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Avenue North, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Gene Ther 17:1279-87. 2010..For small interfering RNA (siRNA) targeting of the NOX2 (Cybb) component of the NADPH oxidase to prevent restenosis, gene transfer with viral vectors is effective, but raises ..
- An essential role of NAD(P)H oxidase 2 in UVA-induced calcium oscillations in mast cellsZhi ying Li
Institute of Cell Biology, Beijing Normal University, Beijing 100875, China
Photochem Photobiol Sci 14:414-28. 2015..It was found that RBL-2H3 expressed high levels of gp91(phox) (NOX2), p22(phox), p67(phox), p47(phox), p40(phox), Rac1, Rac2, moderate levels of DUOX2, but did not express NOX1, NOX3, ..
- Intestinal NADPH oxidase 2 activity increases in a neonatal rat model of necrotizing enterocolitisScott R Welak
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America Children s Research Institute, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America Translational Vascular Biology Program, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e115317. 2014..Changes in superoxide levels on days 0-4 were measured. Inhibitors for nitric oxide synthase (L-NAME) and NOX2 (GP91-ds-tat) were utilized. RT-PCR for eNOS, NOX1, GP91phox expression was performed...
- Lipid-induced NOX2 activation inhibits autophagic flux by impairing lysosomal enzyme activityBharat Jaishy
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes and Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 Department of Biochemistry, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84112 Fraternal Order of Eagles Diabetes Research Center and Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
J Lipid Res 56:546-61. 2015..Inhibition of Nox2 prevented superoxide overproduction, restored lysosome acidification and enzyme activity, and reduced autophagosome ..
- HIF-1α activation by intermittent hypoxia requires NADPH oxidase stimulation by xanthine oxidaseJayasri Nanduri
Institute for Integrative Physiology and Center for Systems Biology of O2 Sensing, Biological Sciences Division, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0119762. 2015..synthesis and stability are due to increased reactive oxygen species (ROS) generated by NADPH oxidases, especially Nox2. However, the mechanisms by which IH activates Nox2 are not known...
- l-Arginine Attenuates Cardiac Dysfunction, But Further Down-Regulates α-Myosin Heavy Chain Expression in Isoproterenol-Induced CardiomyopathyEva Králová
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Comenius University in Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 117:251-60. 2015..The protection of contractile performance might be related to increased capacity for nitric oxide production and the up-regulation of MYH7 which may compensate for the marked down-regulation of the major MYH6 isoform. ..
- ROS produced by NOX2 control in vitro development of cerebellar granule neurons developmentMauricio Olguín-Albuerne
Division de Neurociencias, Instituto de Fisiologia Celular, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
ASN Neuro 7:. 2015..During the first 3 DIV, NOX2 was upregulated and expressed in filopodia and growth cones, which correlated with the hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) ..
- NADPH oxidase-derived production of reactive oxygen species is involved in learning and memory impairments in 16-month-old female ratsHongwei Kan
Department of Pharmacology, Key Laboratory of Anti inflammatory and Immunopharmacology, Ministry of Education, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, P R China
Mol Med Rep 12:4546-53. 2015..activity of superoxide dismutase (SOD), level of malondialdehyde (MDA), production of ROS and expression levels of NOX2, p47phox, Ras‑related C3 botulinum toxin substrate 1 (RAC1) and protein kinase C α (PKCα) were investigated in ..
- Nox2 contributes to cardiac fibrosis in diabetic cardiomyopathy in a transforming growth factor-β dependent mannerYuqin Liu
Department of Health Care, The Forth People s Hospital of Jinan City Jinan 250031, China
Int J Clin Exp Pathol 8:10908-14. 2015This study aimed to investigate the effect of Nox2 on cardiac fibrosis and to elucidate the regulatory mechanism of Nox2 in the development of DCM.
- Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in Fatty Liver Is Mediated by Activated NADPH Oxidase 2 in RatsKoichi Kimura
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Transplantation 100:791-800. 2016..Reactive oxygen species generated by nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase (NOX) contribute to liver dysfunction. Here we examined the role of NOX in I/R injury of fatty livers...
- NOX2 Antisense Attenuates Hypoxia-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in CardiomyocyteBo Yu
Department of Cardiology, China Japan Union Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, Jilin, 130033, P R China
Int J Med Sci 13:646-52. 2016Heart ischemia is a hypoxia related disease. NOX2 and HIF-1α proteins were increased in cardiomyocytes after acute myocardial infarction. However, the relationship of the hypoxia-induced HIF-1α...
- Differential Expression of NADPH Oxidases Depends on Skeletal Muscle Fiber Type in RatsAdriano César Carneiro Loureiro
Laboratório de Expressão Gênica, Instituto Superior de Ciências Biomédicas, Universidade Estadual do Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2016:6738701. 2016..SOL showed higher NOX activity, as well as NOX2 and NOX4 mRNA levels, antioxidant enzymatic activities, and reactive protein thiol contents when compared to WG and ..
- Missense mutations in the gp91-phox gene encoding cytochrome b558 in patients with cytochrome b positive and negative X-linked chronic granulomatous diseaseM Kaneda
Departments of Inflammation Research and Clinical Genetics, The Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Medical Science, Tokyo, Japan
Blood 93:2098-104. 1999..These results on four patients, including those with two variant CGD, are discussed with respect to the missense mutated sites and the heme binding ligands in gp91-phox...
- Point mutations in the promoter region of the CYBB gene leading to mild chronic granulomatous diseaseR S Weening
Emma Children s Hospital and Central Laboratory of the Netherlands Blood Transfusion Service and Laboratory of Experimental and Clinical Immunology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 122:410-7. 2000..four subunits, of which the beta-subunit of cytochrome b558, gp91-phox, is encoded by an X-linked gene (called CYBB)...
- Effects of angiotensin II infusion on the expression and function of NAD(P)H oxidase and components of nitric oxide/cGMP signalingHanke Mollnau
Division of Cardiology, University Hospital Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Circ Res 90:E58-65. 2002..The full text of this article is available at http://www.circresaha.org...
- Impairment of autoregulatory vasodilation by NAD(P)H oxidase-dependent superoxide generation during acute stage of subarachnoid hemorrhage in rat pial arteryHwa Kyoung Shin
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Research Institute of Genetic Engineering, Pusan National University, Korea
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:869-77. 2002....
- NADPH oxidase elevations in pyramidal neurons drive psychosocial stress-induced neuropathologyS Schiavone
Department of Pathology and Immunology, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Transl Psychiatry 2:e111. 2012..Here we investigate the causal contribution of reactive oxygen species generation by the phagocyte NADPH oxidase NOX2 to neuropathological alterations in a rat model of chronic psychosocial stress...
- NADPH oxidase activation by hyperglycaemia in cardiomyocytes is independent of glucose metabolism but requires SGLT1Magali Balteau
Pôle de Recherche Cardiovasculaire, Institut de Recherche Expérimentale et Clinique, Universite Catholique de Louvain, 10, Avenue Hippocrate, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Cardiovasc Res 92:237-46. 2011..In this study, we have dissected the link between glucose transport and metabolism and NADPH oxidase activation under hyperglycaemic conditions...
- NOX2 activated by α1-adrenoceptors modulates hepatic metabolic routes stimulated by β-adrenoceptorsAntonio Diaz-Cruz
Department of Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnics, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Mexico City, Mexico
Free Radic Res 45:1366-78. 2011..The dormant NOX2 complex present in hepatocyte plasma membrane (HPM) contains gp91(phox), p22(phox), p40(phox), p47(phox), p67(phox) ..
- NOX2-derived reactive oxygen species are crucial for CD29-induced pro-survival signalling in cardiomyocytesBerit I Rosc-Schlüter
Myocardial Research, Department of Biomedicine, University and University Hospital Basel, Hebelstrasse 20, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 93:454-62. 2012..A decisive source of cardiac ROS is the abundant NADPH oxidase (NOX) isoform NOX2. Because understanding of NOX-derived ROS in the heart is still poor, we sought to test the role of ROS and NOX in ..
- Involvement of NADPH oxidase and glutathione in zinc-induced dopaminergic neurodegeneration in rats: similarity with paraquat neurotoxicityAshutosh Kumar
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research Indian Institute of Toxicology Research CSIR IITR, Lucknow 226001, India
Brain Res 1438:48-64. 2012..The results obtained thus suggest that Zn induces oxidative stress via the activation of NADPH oxidase and depletion of GSH, which in turn activate the apoptotic machinery leading to dopaminergic neurodegeneration similar to PQ...
- Increased expression of NAD(P)H oxidase subunit p67(phox) in the renal medulla contributes to excess oxidative stress and salt-sensitive hypertensionDi Feng
Physiology Department, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Cell Metab 15:201-8. 2012..These rats exhibited a significant reduction of salt-sensitive hypertension and renal medullary oxidative stress and injury. p67(phox) could represent a target for salt-sensitive hypertension therapy...
- A novel pathway of NADPH oxidase/vascular peroxidase 1 in mediating oxidative injury following ischemia-reperfusionYi Shuai Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Central South University, Changsha, China
Basic Res Cardiol 107:266. 2012..In a rat model of myocardial IR, the infarct size, serum creatine kinase (CK) activity, apoptosis, NOX activity, NOX2 and VPO1 expression were measured...
- Regulation of NADPH oxidase gene expression with PKA and cytokine IL-4 in neurons and microgliaValentina L Savchenko
Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, AR, USA
Neurotox Res 23:201-13. 2013..The levels of mRNA were determined by quantitative RT-PCR. The expression of NOX1, NOX2, and NCF2 was upregulated after IL-4 treatment for 4 h, but it was downregulated after 8-24 h...
- Nox2 is a mediator of chronic CsA nephrotoxicityA Djamali
Division of Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI, USA
Am J Transplant 12:1997-2007. 2012..We validated these findings by treating wild type and Nox2 null (B6.129S-Cybb(Tm1Din)/J) mice with high dose CsA...
- AAV-based RNAi silencing of NADPH oxidase gp91(phox) attenuates cold-induced cardiovascular dysfunctionXiuqing Wang
Department of Physiology, College of Medicine, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Hum Gene Ther 23:1016-26. 2012..The up-regulation of gp91(phox) may play a critical role in cold-induced cardiovascular dysfunction and organ damage. AAV delivery of gp91-shRNA may be a new and effective therapeutic approach for cold-related cardiovascular disorders...
- NADPH oxidase NOX2 defines a new antagonistic role for reactive oxygen species and cAMP/PKA in the regulation of insulin secretionNing Li
Department of Cell Physiology and Metabolism, University of Geneva Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Diabetes 61:2842-50. 2012..Both human and mouse β-cells express NOX, in particular NOX2. With use of Nox isoform-specific knockout mice, functional analysis revealed Nox2 as the predominant isoform...
- L- threo -C6-pyridinium-ceramide bromide, a novel cationic ceramide, induces NADPH oxidase activation, mitochondrial dysfunction and loss in cell viability in INS 832/13 β-cellsIsmail Syed
Beta Cell Biochemistry Laboratory, John D Dingell VA Medical Center and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cell Physiol Biochem 30:1051-8. 2012..glucolipotoxicity] results in excessive intracellular oxidative stress mediated by phagocyte-like NADPH oxidase [Nox2]...
- NAD(P)H oxidase inhibition attenuates neuronal chronotropic actions of angiotensin IIChengwen Sun
Department of Physiology and Functional Genomics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, McKnight Brain Institute, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Circ Res 96:659-66. 2005..This signaling seems to be a critical cellular event in central Ang II regulation of cardiovascular function...
- Calcium paradox of aldosteronism and the role of the parathyroid glandsAlex Vidal
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Univ of Tennessee Health Science Center, 920 Madison Ave, Memphis, TN 38163, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 290:H286-94. 2006..SHPT plays a permissive role in the proinflammatory vascular phenotype...
- Glycated proteins stimulate reactive oxygen species production in cardiac myocytes: involvement of Nox2 (gp91phox)-containing NADPH oxidaseMin Zhang
Cardiovascular Division, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
Circulation 113:1235-43. 2006..However, the effects of early-glycated proteins, such as glycated serum albumin (Gly-BSA), are poorly defined. In this study, we investigated the effects of Gly-BSA on reactive oxygen species (ROS) production by cardiomyocytes...
- Bile salt-induced apoptosis involves NADPH oxidase isoform activationRoland Reinehr
Clinic for Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Gastroenterology 129:2009-31. 2005..Hydrophobic bile salts trigger a rapid oxidative stress response as an upstream event of CD95 activation and hepatocyte apoptosis...
- Mutations in the promoter region of the gene for gp91-phox in X-linked chronic granulomatous disease with decreased expression of cytochrome b558P E Newburger
Department of Pediatrics, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester 01655
J Clin Invest 94:1205-11. 1994..Thus, these promoter region mutations appear to be causally related to the loss of association of a DNA-binding protein and lead to diminished gp91-phox expression, abnormal transcription initiation, and the development of CGD...
- Iron and oxidative stress in renal insufficiencyChun Soo Lim
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul National University Boramae Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Am J Nephrol 24:569-75. 2004..In an earlier study, we showed that iron overload augments oxidative stress in the cardiovascular tissues of CRF rats. This study was designed to expand these observations to other major organs...
- Direct interaction of the novel Nox proteins with p22phox is required for the formation of a functionally active NADPH oxidaseRashmi K Ambasta
Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, D 60596 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:45935-41. 2004Nox1 and Nox4, homologues of the leukocyte NADPH oxidase subunit Nox2 (gp91phox) mediate superoxide anion formation in various cell types. However, their interactions with other components of the NADPH oxidase are poorly defined...
- Role of AT1 receptors and NAD(P)H oxidase in diabetes-aggravated ischemic brain injuryIkuyo Kusaka
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Highway, PO Box 33932, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H2442-51. 2004..The diabetes-aggravated brain injury involves AT(1)-Rs. We have shown for the first time that candesartan reduces brain injury in a combined model of diabetes and cerebral ischemia...
- NAD(P)H oxidase-generated superoxide anion accounts for reduced control of myocardial O2 consumption by NO in old Fischer 344 ratsAlexandra Adler
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H1015-22. 2003..Increased oxidant stress in aging, by decreasing NO bioavailability, may contribute not only to changes in myocardial function but also to altered regulation of vascular tone and the progression of cardiac or vascular disease...
- NAD(P)H oxidase mediates angiotensin II-induced vascular macrophage infiltration and medial hypertrophyJianhua Liu
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division and the Biostatistics Department, Henry Ford Hospital, 2799 West Grand Blvd, Detroit, Mich 48202 2689, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 23:776-82. 2003....
- Superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione peroxidase and NADPH oxidase in lead-induced hypertensionNosratola D Vaziri
Departments of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California, USA
Kidney Int 63:186-94. 2003....
- Glutamine plays a role in superoxide production and the expression of p47phox, p22phox and gp91phox in rat neutrophilsTania Cristina Pithon-Curi
Camilo Castelo Branco University and Methodist University of Piracicaba FACEF, Rua Carolina Fonseca 584, 08230 030 São Paulo, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 103:403-8. 2002..We postulate that glutamine leads to O(2)(-) production in neutrophils, probably via the generation of ATP and regulation of the expression of components of NADPH oxidase...
- Molecular characterization and localization of the NAD(P)H oxidase components gp91-phox and p22-phox in endothelial cellsU Bayraktutan
Department of Cardiology, GKT School of Medicine, King s College, London, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:1903-11. 2000....
- Contribution of different Nox homologues to cardiac remodeling in two-kidney two-clip renovascular hypertensive rats: effect of valsartanPing Wang
Laboratory of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, People s Republic of China
Pharmacol Res 55:408-17. 2007..b>Nox2 and Nox4 protein expression increased in heart, while Nox1 and Nox4 increased in aorta in 2K2C hypertensive rats, ..
- Myotube depolarization generates reactive oxygen species through NAD(P)H oxidase; ROS-elicited Ca2+ stimulates ERK, CREB, early genesAlejandra Espinosa
Escuela de Tecnología Médica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 209:379-88. 2006..Activity-dependent ROS generation is likely to be involved in regulation of calcium-controlled intracellular signaling pathways in muscle cells...
- The role of NADPH oxidase in chronic intermittent hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension in miceRachel E Nisbet
Department of Medicine, Atlanta Veterans Affairs and Emory University Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:601-9. 2009..These findings demonstrate that NADPH oxidase-derived ROS contribute to the development of pulmonary vascular remodeling and hypertension caused by CIH...
- Isoforms and functions of NAD(P)H oxidase at the macula densaRui Zhang
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 39216, USA
Hypertension 53:556-63. 2009..The captured cells expressed neuronal NOS (marker of macula densa), NOX2, and NOX4 but not NOX1. Expression of the NOXs and neuronal NOS was essentially identical in the MMDD1 cells...
- Subcellular localization of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunits in neurons and astroglia of the rat medial nucleus tractus solitarius: relationship with tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive neuronsM J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 143:547-64. 2006..Moreover, NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide in neurons and glia may directly or indirectly modulate catecholaminergic neuron activity in the mNTS...
- IL-6 mediated degeneration of forebrain GABAergic interneurons and cognitive impairment in aged mice through activation of neuronal NADPH oxidaseLaura L Dugan
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5518. 2009..However, the mechanisms underlying this association between IL-6 and cognitive vulnerability remain unclear...
- NAD(P)H oxidase mediates TGF-beta1-induced activation of kidney myofibroblastsCorry D Bondi
Department of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:93-102. 2010..In addition, TGF-beta1 increased both the activity of NADPH oxidase and expression of Nox2 and Nox4, homologs of the NAD(P)H oxidase family, indicating that this growth factor induces production of ROS...
- Involvement of NADPH oxidase in age-associated cardiac remodelingMingyi Wang
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Science, Gerontology Research Center, National Institute of Aging, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 48:765-72. 2010..and cardiac fibrosis were associated with increased myocardial NADPH oxidase activity attributable to the Nox2 isoform...
- Rac1-mediated NADPH oxidase release of O2- regulates epithelial sodium channel activity in the alveolar epitheliumYoshizumi Takemura
Department of Pediatrics, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 298:L509-20. 2010We examine whether alveolar cells can control release of O(2)(-) through regulated NADPH oxidase (NOX) 2 (NOX2) activity to maintain lung fluid homeostasis...
- Modulation of chronic hypoxia-induced chemoreceptor hypersensitivity by NADPH oxidase subunits in rat carotid bodyL He
Department of Physiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, 420 Chipeta Way, Suite 1700, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 6500, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:1304-10. 2010..001). Evaluation of gene expression after 7 days of CH showed increases in the isoforms NOX2 (approximately 1.5-fold) and NOX4 (approximately 3...
- Neuroprotective effect of hyperbaric oxygen in a rat model of subarachnoid hemorrhageR P Ostrowski
Department of Physiology, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Acta Neurochir Suppl 96:188-93. 2006..HBO caused a drop in mortality and ameliorated functional deficits. HBO-induced neuroprotection after SAH may involve down-regulation of NOX and a subsequent reduction in oxidative stress...
- Vascular NAD(P)H oxidase mediates endothelial dysfunction in basilar arteries from Otsuka Long-Evans Tokushima Fatty (OLETF) ratsTakayuki Matsumoto
Department of Physiology and Morphology, Institute of Medicinal Chemistry, Hoshi University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo 142 8501, Japan
Atherosclerosis 192:15-24. 2007..Possibly, an impairment of NO-dependent relaxation responses and a basal impairment of NO signaling may be responsible for the increased risk of adverse cerebrovascular events in type 2 diabetes...
- Concerted regulation of cGMP and cAMP phosphodiesterases in early cardiac hypertrophy induced by angiotensin IIWalid Mokni
CNRS UMR 7213, Biophotonique et Pharmacologie, Faculte de Pharmacie, Universite de Strasbourg, Illkirch, France
PLoS ONE 5:e14227. 2010..The cGMP-PDE1 activation by Ca(2+)/CaM was reduced. BNP expression was increased by 3.5-fold, while NOX2 expression was reduced by 66% and AMP kinase activation was increased by 64%...
- Oxidative stress and dysregulation of NAD(P)H oxidase and antioxidant enzymes in diet-induced metabolic syndromeChristian K Roberts
Department of Physiological Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Metabolism 55:928-34. 2006....
- Angiotensin-II type 1 receptor and NOX2 mediate TCF/LEF and CREB dependent WISP1 induction and cardiomyocyte hypertrophyPrakashsrinivasan Shanmugam
Research Service, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System, New Orleans, LA 70161, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:928-38. 2011..induced WISP1 was superoxide-dependent, and inhibited by DPI, an inhibitor of NADPH oxidases, and by knockdown of NOX2. AT1 was physically associated with NOX2 both in vitro and in vivo, and Ang-II increased this interaction in vivo...
- Differential regulation of Nox1, Nox2 and Nox4 in vascular smooth muscle cells from WKY and SHRAna M Briones
Kidney Research Centre, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Hypertens 5:137-53. 2011..Expression of Nox1, Nox2, and Nox4 (gene and protein) and NAD(P)H oxidase activity were increased in SHR...
- NOX2, p22phox and p47phox are targeted to the nuclear pore complex in ischemic cardiomyocytes colocalizing with local reactive oxygen speciesNynke E Hahn
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Physiol Biochem 27:471-8. 2011..Previously, we have demonstrated that (peri)nuclear expression of the catalytic NADPH oxidase subunit NOX2 in stressed cardiomyocytes, e.g...
- Atorvastatin protects against cerebral infarction via inhibition of NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide in ischemic strokeHua Hong
Depts of Pharmacology and Neurology, B403 Life Sciences Bldg, Michigan State Univ, East Lansing, MI 48824 1317, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2210-5. 2006..These results indicate that atorvastatin protects against cerebral infarction via inhibition of NADPH oxidase-derived superoxide in transient focal ischemia...
- Synergistic effect of mechanical stretch and angiotensin II on superoxide production via NADPH oxidase in vascular smooth muscle cellsHirofumi Hitomi
Division of Nephrology, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
J Hypertens 24:1089-95. 2006....
- HSP27 in Kidney Epithelial to Mesenchymal TransformationArjang Djamali; Fiscal Year: 2008..Overexpression of HSP27 will be obtained by recombinant virus-mediated HSP27 gene transfer. This proposal would allow us to determine whether HSP27 overexpression can prevent/delay EMT. ..
- MECHANISMS OF NEUROPROTECTION BY C60 DERIVATIVESLAURA DUGAN; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- UCP5-- Balancing Metabolism and Oxidation in Aging BrainLAURA DUGAN; Fiscal Year: 2004....