Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cyba
Description: cytochrome b-245 alpha chain
Alias: Phox, p22-phox, cytochrome b-245 light chain, alpha-subunit p22, cytochrome b(558) alpha chain, cytochrome b-245, alpha polypeptide, cytochrome b558 alpha-subunit, cytochrome b558 subunit alpha, neutrophil cytochrome b 22 kDa polypeptide, p22 phagocyte B-cytochrome, p22phox, superoxide-generating NADPH oxidase light chain subunit
- p22phox-derived superoxide mediates enhanced proliferative capacity of diabetic vascular smooth muscle cellsHye Y Jeong
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Research Institute of Genetic Engineering, Pusan National University, 10 Ami dong 1 ga, Seo Gu, Busan 602 739, South Korea
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 64:1-10. 2004..Both the activity of NAD(P)H oxidase and p22phox expression were significantly increased in diabetic VSMC...
- Coronary microvascular endothelial cell growth regulates expression of the gene encoding p22-phoxUlvi Bayraktutan
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Science Block B, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast BT12 6BJ, UK
Free Radic Biol Med 39:1342-52. 2005The mRNA expression of p22-phox, a membrane-bound component of NAD(P)H oxidase, is elevated in proliferating compared to quiescent rat coronary microvascular endothelial cells (CMEC)...
- Focal Ischemic Injury with Complex Middle Cerebral Artery in Stroke-Prone Spontaneously Hypertensive Rats with Loss-Of-Function in NADPH OxidasesHiroshi Yao
Laboratory for Neurochemistry, National Hospital Organization Hizen Psychiatric Center, Saga, Japan
PLoS ONE 10:e0138551. 2015By means of introgressing a loss-of-function mutation in the p22phox gene from the Matsumoto Eosinophilia Shinshu (MES) rat to stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRSP), we constructed the SHRSP-based congenic strain lacking ..
- Tea polyphenols alleviate high fat and high glucose-induced endothelial hyperpermeability by attenuating ROS production via NADPH oxidase pathwayXuezhi Zuo
School of Environmental Science and Public Health, Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325035, PR China
BMC Res Notes 7:120. 2014..The objective of this study is to investigate the effects of green tea polyphenols (GTPs) on endothelial hyperpermeability and the role of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) pathway...
- [Effect of danzhi jiangtang capsule combined exercise on the protein expression of NADPH oxidase p22phox in pancreatic tissues of diabetic rats]Yuan Jie Wu
Department of Basic Theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Anhui College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Hefei 230038, China
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 33:641-5. 2013To explore effects of exercise combined Danzhi Jiangtang Capsule (DJC) on the protein expression of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase p22phox in pancreatic tissues of diabetic rats.
- Sesamin ameliorates arterial dysfunction in spontaneously hypertensive rats via downregulation of NADPH oxidase subunits and upregulation of eNOS expressionJun Xiu Zhang
Department of Pharmacology, Third Grade Pharmacology Laboratory of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu, China
Acta Pharmacol Sin 34:912-20. 2013..The aim of this study was to examine the effects of sesamin on arterial function in spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHRs)...
- 20-Hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid mediates isolated heart ischemia/reperfusion injury by increasing NADPH oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species productionYong Han
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, School of Life Sciences, Northeast Normal University, Changchun, China
Circ J 77:1807-16. 2013..It has been reported that 20-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid (20-HETE) aggravates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion (I/R) injury, but the exact mechanism of action is still unclear...
- Genetic studies of three Japanese patients with p22-phox-deficient chronic granulomatous disease: detection of a possible common mutant CYBA allele in Japan and a genotype-phenotype correlation in these patientsM Yamada
Departments of Paediatrics, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Br J Haematol 108:511-7. 2000..Cytochrome b558, an essential component of this enzyme, is a heterodimer formed by a 91 kDa glycoprotein (gp91-phox) and a 22 kDa polypeptide (p22-phox)...
- An interleukin-33 gene polymorphism is a modifier for eosinophilia in ratsH Luo
Department of Aging Biology, Institute of Pathogenesis and Disease Prevention, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Genes Immun 14:192-7. 2013In previous studies, we identified a loss-of-function mutation in the Cyba gene as the primary cause of hereditary eosinophilia in the Matsumoto Eosinophilia Shinshu (MES) rat strain...
- Expression of p22-phox and gp91-phox, essential components of NADPH oxidase, increases after myocardial infarctionT Fukui
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical University, Kagawa, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 281:1200-6. 2001..This is the first report showing that the expression of p22-phox and gp91-phox, essential components of NADPH oxidase, are increased in the infarcted sites after myocardial ..
- [Expression of WAVE1 and p22phox in children with acute lymphocytic leukemia and the relationship of WAVE1 with oxidative stress]Yu Lei He
Department of Pediatrics, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha 410008, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 11:88-92. 2009To study the expression of WAVE1 and p22phox in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) in children with acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) and the relationship of WAVE1 with oxidative stress.
- Effects of various degrees of oxidative stress induced by intermittent hypoxia in rat myocardial tissuesWei Zhou
Respiratory Department, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Heping District, Tianjin, China
Respirology 17:821-9. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the mechanism by which oxidative stress induced by chronic intermittent hypoxia (IH) causes myocardial damage in obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome...
- Homocysteine enhances TIMP-1 expression and cell proliferation associated with NADH oxidase in rat mesangial cellsZhi Zhang Yang
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Kidney Int 63:1012-20. 2003....
- High glucose mediates pro-oxidant and antioxidant enzyme activities in coronary endothelial cellsP Weidig
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Science Block B, Queen s University Belfast, Belfast BT12 6BJ, UK
Diabetes Obes Metab 6:432-41. 2004..This study was designed to investigate the underlying causes of oxidative stress in coronary microvascular endothelial cells (CMECs) exposed to hyperglycaemia...
- Induction of heme oxygenase-1 inhibits NAD(P)H oxidase activity by down-regulating cytochrome b558 expression via the reduction of heme availabilityCamille Taillé
INSERM, Unité 408, Institut Federatif de Recherche 02, Faculte de Medecine Xavier Bichat, 75018 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 279:28681-8. 2004..7 macrophages effectively decreased NAD(P)H oxidase activity and expression of gp91(phox), its heme-containing catalytic component, because of deficient protein maturation and increased degradation...
- Relation between development of nephropathy and the p22phox C242T and receptor for advanced glycation end product G1704T gene polymorphisms in type 2 diabetic patientsSeiko Matsunaga-Irie
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes Care 27:303-7. 2004..We studied the relation between the genotypes of the NADPH p22phox C242T and RAGE G1704T polymorphisms and the development of diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetic patients.
- [Changes of blood pressure and expression of NADPH oxidase in carotid body in rats exposed to intermittent hypoxia]Hui Guo Liu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, Ministry of Health, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 34:26-9. 2011..NADPH oxidase is the most important sources of ROS. In the present study we examined changes of blood pressure and expression of NADPH oxidase in carotid body in rats exposed to intermittent hypoxia...
- [Effects of Chinese herbal medicine Jinmaitong-medicated serum on inducible nitric oxide synthase and NADPH oxidase p22-phox subunit of rat Schwann cells cultured in high-glucose medium]Li Zhao
Department of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 9:299-305. 2011..of Jinmaitong (JMT), a compound Chinese herbal medicine, on nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase p22-phox subunit and inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) of rat Schwann cells cultured in high-glucose medium.
- Effect of telmisartan on the expression of adiponectin receptors and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase in the heart and aorta in type 2 diabetic ratsZhixin Guo
Department of Endocrinology, Second Hospital, Shanxi Medical University, 382 Wuyi Road, Taiyuan, Shanxi, P R China
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:94. 2012....
- Haplotype analysis of the NADPH oxidase p22 phox gene in patients with bronchial asthmaLydie Izakovicova Holla
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical Faculty, Masaryk University Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 148:73-80. 2009..to elucidate the role of genetic variability in the gene encoding the p22(phox) subunit of the NADPH oxidase (CYBA, 16q24...
- NADPH oxidase mediates radiation-induced oxidative stress in rat brain microvascular endothelial cellsJ RACQUEL COLLINS-UNDERWOOD
Department of Radiation Oncology, and Brain Tumor Center of Excellence, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 45:929-38. 2008..of the transcription factor NFkappaB, (iii) expression of ICAM-1 and PAI-1, and (iv) expression of Nox4, p22(phox), and p47(phox)...
- Role of kallistatin in prevention of cardiac remodeling after chronic myocardial infarctionLin Gao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 2211, USA
Lab Invest 88:1157-66. 2008..with increased cardiac nitric oxide (NO) levels and decreased superoxide formation, NADH oxidase activity and p22-phox expression...
- The role of NADPH oxidase in chronic intermittent hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension in miceRachel E Nisbet
Department of Medicine, Atlanta Veterans Affairs and Emory University Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 40:601-9. 2009..pulmonary hypertension was associated with increased lung levels of the NADPH oxidase subunits, Nox4 and p22phox, as well as increased activity of platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta and its associated downstream ..
- Fluvastatin reverses endothelial dysfunction and increased vascular oxidative stress in rat adjuvant-induced arthritisYoshisuke Haruna
Kawasaki Medical School, Matsushima, Kurashiki, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 56:1827-35. 2007..To investigate the effect of statins on vascular dysfunction in rat adjuvant-induced arthritis (AIA)...
- [Angiotensin II increases ROS production in cardiac fibroblasts by inducing p22phox over-expression]Rong Guo
Department of Physiology and Pathophysiology, Xi an Jiaotong University College of Medicine, Xi an 710061, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 29:202-4. 2009..To investigate the changes in the reactive oxygen species (ROS) in rat cardiac fibroblasts exposed to angiotensin II (Ang II) treatment and explore the possible pathways that mediate ROS production...
- Pivotal Advance: Eosinophilia in the MES rat strain is caused by a loss-of-function mutation in the gene for cytochrome b(-245), alpha polypeptide (Cyba)Masayuki Mori
Department of Aging Biology, Institute on Aging and Adaptation, Shinshu University Graduate School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 86:473-8. 2009..in MES rats is caused by a loss-of-function mutation in the gene for cytochrome b(-245), alpha polypeptide (Cyba; also known as p22(phox)), which is an essential component of the superoxide-generating NADPH oxidase complex...
- Niacin ameliorates oxidative stress, inflammation, proteinuria, and hypertension in rats with chronic renal failureKyu hyang Cho
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F106-13. 2009..PAI-1), transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta, cyclooxygenase (COX)-1, COX-2, and NAD(P)H oxidase (NOX-4, gp91(phox), p47(phox) and p22(phox) subunits) and activation of NF-kappaB (IkappaB phosphorylation)...
- Inhibition of superoxide anion generation by CHS-111 via blockade of the p21-activated kinase, protein kinase B/Akt and protein kinase C signaling pathways in rat neutrophilsLing Chu Chang
Institute of Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung 403, Taiwan, ROC
Eur J Pharmacol 615:207-17. 2009..Rac2 membrane translocation in cell-free systems, whereas it effectively attenuated the membrane recruitment of p40(phox), p47(phox) and p67(phox), phosphorylation of Ser residues in p47(phox), association between p47(phox) and p22(phox)..
- The role of NOX2 and "novel oxidases" in airway chemoreceptor O(2) sensingErnest Cutz
Division of Pathology, Department of Pediatric Laboratory Medicine, The Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Adv Exp Med Biol 648:427-38. 2009..2, 1.5, 2.1, 3.1, 3.3, 3.4, 4.2, 4.3;TASK1-3). In rat lung, NOX2, NOX4, p22phox, Kv3.3 (and Kv3...
- Relationship between reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunit p22phox gene polymorphism and obstructive sleep apnea-hypopnea syndrome in the Chinese Han populationHui Guo Liu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, Ministry of Health, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:1369-74. 2009..The p22phox subunit is polymorphic with a C242T variant that changes histidine-72 for a tyrosine in the potential heme ..
- Poldip2, a novel regulator of Nox4 and cytoskeletal integrity in vascular smooth muscle cellsAlicia N Lyle
Emory University, Division of Cardiology, 319 WMB, 1639 Pierce Dr, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circ Res 105:249-59. 2009..NADPH oxidases (Noxes) regulate vascular physiology and contribute to the pathogenesis of vascular disease. In vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs), the interactions of individual Nox homologs with regulatory proteins are poorly defined...
- Rosiglitazone prevents high glucose-induced vascular endothelial growth factor and collagen IV expression in cultured mesangial cellsCatharine Whiteside
Department of Medicine, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Exp Diabetes Res 2009:910783. 2009..In HG, PPARgamma mRNA and protein were reduced within 3 h, and enhanced ROS generation, expression of p22(phox), VEGF and collagen IV, and PKC-zeta membrane association were prevented by RSG...
- Protective role of pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) in early phase of experimental diabetic retinopathyYumiko Yoshida
Department of Ophthalmology, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 25:678-86. 2009..However, a role for PEDF in early diabetic retinopathy remains to be elucidated. We investigated here whether and how PEDF could prevent the development of diabetic retinopathy...
- Renal proximal tubular reabsorption is reduced in adult spontaneously hypertensive rats: roles of superoxide and Na+/H+ exchanger 3Carolina Panico
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, 4000 Reservoir Rd, Building D 395, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Hypertension 54:1291-7. 2009..Rats were treated with the NADPH oxidase inhibitor apocynin (Apo) or with small interfering RNA for p22(phox), which is the critical subunit of NADPH oxidase. Jv was lower in SHR compared with Wistar-Kyoto rats (WKY; WKY: 2...
- Asymmetric dimethylarginine in angiotensin II-induced hypertensionJennifer M Sasser
Dept of Physiology and Functional Genomics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R740-6. 2010..Plasma thiobarbituric acid reactive substances concentration and renal cortex p22(phox) protein abundance were increased early (1 and 3 wk), but urinary excretion of isoprostane and H(2)O(2) was only ..
- CYP1A1, CYP1A2 and CYBA gene polymorphisms associated with oxidative stress in COPDArpana Vibhuti
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India
Clin Chim Acta 411:474-80. 2010..The genetic susceptibility to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) depends on detoxification and antioxidant enzymes, which detoxify cigarette smoke reactive components that, otherwise, generate oxidative stress...
- Apocynin restores endothelial dysfunction in streptozotocin diabetic rats through regulation of nitric oxide synthase and NADPH oxidase expressionsMurat Olukman
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Ege University, Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
J Diabetes Complications 24:415-23. 2010..This study aimed to investigate the effects of apocynin, an NADPH oxidase inhibitor, on endothelial dysfunction and on the expression of NO synthase (NOS) and NADPH oxidase in thoracic aorta of diabetic rats...
- [Nicotinamide-adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase p22phox expression in induced sputum cells for patients with obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome]Hui Guo Liu
Key Laboratory of Respiratory Disease, Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, China Email
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 33:118-22. 2010the aim of the study was to observe the change of NADPH oxidase p22phox expression in the induced sputum cells for patients with obstructive sleep apnea hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS), and its relationship with the severity of OSAHS.
- NOX2, p22phox and p47phox are targeted to the nuclear pore complex in ischemic cardiomyocytes colocalizing with local reactive oxygen speciesNynke E Hahn
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Centre, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cell Physiol Biochem 27:471-8. 2011..g. under ischemia or high concentrations of homocysteine, is an important step in the induction of apoptosis in these cells. Here this ischemia-induced nuclear targeting and activation of NOX2 was specified in cardiomyocytes...
- Hyperhomocysteinemia, a cardiac metabolic disease: role of nitric oxide and the p22phox subunit of NADPH oxidaseJustin S Becker
Department of Physiology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Circulation 111:2112-8. 2005..The present study assessed the impact of HHcy on the NO-dependent control of cardiac O2 consumption and examined enzymatic sources of superoxide...
- Human neutrophil cytochrome b light chain (p22-phox). Gene structure, chromosomal location, and mutations in cytochrome-negative autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous diseaseM C Dinauer
Division of Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
J Clin Invest 86:1729-37. 1990..In order to search for possible mutations in the cytochrome light chain locus, CYBA, the structure of this gene was characterized...
- Cytochrome b-558 alpha-subunit cloning and expression in rat aortic smooth muscle cellsT Fukui
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1231:215-9. 1995..Our results provide a tool with which to explore the mechanism of superoxide anion generation in rat VSMCs and other non-phagocytic cells...
- p22phox is a critical component of the superoxide-generating NADH/NADPH oxidase system and regulates angiotensin II-induced hypertrophy in vascular smooth muscle cellsM Ushio-Fukai
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 271:23317-21. 1996..We have recently cloned the cytochrome b558 alpha-subunit, p22(phox) (one of the key electron transfer elements of the NADPH oxidase in phagocytes), from a rat VSMC cDNA library, but ..
- Tumour necrosis factor alpha activates a p22phox-based NADH oxidase in vascular smooth muscleG W De Keulenaer
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biochem J 329:653-7. 1998..In addition, prolonged treatment with TNF-alpha increased p22phox mRNA expression without affecting p22phox mRNA stability, and only when transcriptional activity was intact...
- The p22 phox A640G gene polymorphism but not the C242T gene variation is associated with coronary heart disease in younger individualsA Gardemann
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Klinikum der Justus Liebig Universität Giessen, Germany
Atherosclerosis 145:315-23. 1999Most recently, evidence has been presented that the NADH/NADPH oxidase p22 phox C242T, but not the A640G gene polymorphism is associated with a reduced risk of coronary artery disease (CAD).
- Molecular characterization and localization of the NAD(P)H oxidase components gp91-phox and p22-phox in endothelial cellsU Bayraktutan
Department of Cardiology, GKT School of Medicine, King s College, London, UK
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 20:1903-11. 2000..amino acid structures of the 2 major subunits of rat coronary microvascular endothelial cell NAD(P)H oxidase, gp91-phox and p22-phox; (2) undertook a detailed comparison with phagocytic NADPH oxidase sequences; and (3) studied the ..
- Glutamine plays a role in superoxide production and the expression of p47phox, p22phox and gp91phox in rat neutrophilsTania Cristina Pithon-Curi
Camilo Castelo Branco University and Methodist University of Piracicaba FACEF, Rua Carolina Fonseca 584, 08230 030 São Paulo, Brazil
Clin Sci (Lond) 103:403-8. 2002..The effects of glutamine and PMA on the expression of the NADPH oxidase components p22( phox ), gp91( phox ) and p47( phox ) were also determined...
- Acute effects of desmin mutations on cytoskeletal and cellular integrity in cardiac myocytesKurt Haubold
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0347, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 54:105-21. 2003..These results indicate that mutations in desmin have both direct and indirect effects on the cytoarchitecture of cardiac myocytes...
- Preliminary characterisation of the promoter of the human p22(phox) gene: identification of a new polymorphism associated with hypertensionMaria U Moreno
Division of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Centre for Applied Medical Research, School of Medicine, University of Navarra, C Irunlarrea 1, 31008 Pamplona, Spain
FEBS Lett 542:27-31. 2003The p22(phox) subunit is an essential protein in the activation of NAD(P)H oxidase. Here we report the preliminary characterisation of the human p22(phox) gene promoter...
- Association of gene polymorphisms with coronary artery disease in individuals with or without nonfamilial hypercholesterolemiaKeiko Shimokata
Department of Cardiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Atherosclerosis 172:167-73. 2004..in the platelet-activating factor acetylhydrolase gene, 242C --> T (His72Tyr) in the NADH/NADPH oxidase p22 phox gene, and 1100C --> T in the apolipoprotein C-III gene] were significantly associated with CAD in men with ..
- Nitric oxide synthase and NAD(P)H oxidase modulate coronary endothelial cell growthUlvi Bayraktutan
Department of Medicine, Institute of Clinical Science Block B, Queen s University Belfast, Grosvenor Road, Belfast BT12 6BJ, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 36:277-86. 2004..Transfection of CMEC with antisense p22-phox cDNA, a membrane-bound component of NAD(P)H oxidase, resulted in substantial reduction in [(3)H]-thymidine ..
- Role of AT1 receptors and NAD(P)H oxidase in diabetes-aggravated ischemic brain injuryIkuyo Kusaka
Department of Neurosurgery, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1501 Kings Highway, PO Box 33932, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H2442-51. 2004..cerebral infarction and neurological deficits at 24 h that were accompanied by elevation of NAD(P)H oxidase gp91(phox) and p22(phox) mRNAs, and lipid hydroperoxide production in the ipsilateral hemisphere; 2) diabetes enhanced NAD(P)..
- Direct interaction of the novel Nox proteins with p22phox is required for the formation of a functionally active NADPH oxidaseRashmi K Ambasta
Institut für Kardiovaskuläre Physiologie, Klinikum der J W Goethe Universitat, D 60596 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Biol Chem 279:45935-41. 2004..We determined whether a direct interaction of Nox1 and Nox4 with the p22phox subunit of the NADPH oxidase occurs...
- High dietary fat induces NADPH oxidase-associated oxidative stress and inflammation in rat cerebral cortexXiaochun Zhang
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Graduate Neuroscience Program, University of Wyoming, Dept 3375, 10, 000 E University Avenue, Laramie, WY 82071 3375, USA
Exp Neurol 191:318-25. 2005..The HF diet significantly increased ROS generation and expression of gp91(phox), p22(phox), p47(phox), and p67(phox) NADPH oxidase subunits in cerebral cortex...
- Oxidative stress contributes to pulmonary hypertension in the transgenic (mRen2)27 ratVincent G Demarco
Department of Child Health, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65210, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H2659-68. 2008..In placebo-treated Ren2 rats, MAP and RVSP, as well as intrapulmonary NADPH oxidase activity and subunits (Nox2, p22phox, and Rac-1) and ROS, were elevated compared with placebo-treated SD rats (P < 0.05)...
- NADPH oxidase-mediated oxidative stress: genetic studies of the p22(phox) gene in hypertensionGuillermo Zalba
Area of Cardiovascular Pathophysiology, Centre for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Antioxid Redox Signal 7:1327-36. 2005..the promoter and in the coding region of CYBA, the gene that encodes the essential subunit of the NADPH oxidase p22phox, some of which seem to influence significantly the activity of these enzymes in the context of cardiovascular ..
- Increased superoxide anion production by interleukin-1beta impairs nitric oxide-mediated relaxation in resistance arteriesFrancesc Jimenez-Altayo
Departament de Farmacologia, Terapeutica i Toxicologia, Institut de Neurociencies, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 316:42-52. 2006..production and inducible nitric-oxide synthase (iNOS), xanthine oxidase, and p22(phox) expression...
- Expression of two temporally distinct microglia-related gene clusters after spinal cord injuryKimberly R Byrnes
Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC 20057, USA
Glia 53:420-33. 2006..The second was induced 24 h after SCI, and peaked between 72 h and 7 days; it included C1qB, Galectin-3, and p22(phox)...
- RNA silencing in vivo reveals role of p22phox in rat angiotensin slow pressor responsePaul Modlinger
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Georgetown University, Washington, DC, USA
Hypertension 47:238-44. 2006..interfering RNAs (siRNAs) in Sprague Dawley rats in vivo to test the hypothesis that an increase in the p22phox component of NADPH oxidase is required for this response...
- Genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility to lung diseasePauline L Lee
The Scripps Research Institute, Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, 92037, USA
J Negat Results Biomed 5:5. 2006..Examination of 45 non-synonymous polymorphisms in ten genes: p47phox (NCF1), p67phox (NCF2), p40phox (NCF4), p22phox (CYBA), gp91phox (CYBB), DUOX1, DUOX2, TLR2, TLR9 and alpha 1-antitrypsin (AAT) in a cohort of 95 lung disease ..
- Synergistic effect of mechanical stretch and angiotensin II on superoxide production via NADPH oxidase in vascular smooth muscle cellsHirofumi Hitomi
Division of Nephrology, Kagawa University Faculty of Medicine, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
J Hypertens 24:1089-95. 2006..In this study, we examined the effects of mechanical stretch and angiotensin II on the expression of p22-phox and Nox-1, essential membrane components of NADPH oxidase, and superoxide production in rat vascular smooth muscle ..
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces endothelial dysfunction in the prediabetic metabolic syndromeAndrea Picchi
Departmentof Anesthesiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
Circ Res 99:69-77. 2006..Expression of NAD(P)H subunits p22 and p40-phox were elevated in ZOF compared with lean animals...
- Subcellular localization of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate oxidase subunits in neurons and astroglia of the rat medial nucleus tractus solitarius: relationship with tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactive neuronsM J Glass
Department of Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Neuroscience 143:547-64. 2006..electron microscopy to determine the phenotypic and subcellular localization of the NADPH oxidase subunits p47(phox), gp91(phox,) and p22(phox) in the mNTS in rats...
- NADPH oxidase subunits (NOX-1, p22phox, Rac-1) and tacrolimus-induced nephrotoxicity in a rat renal transplant modelAshwani K Khanna
Division of Cardiology, University of Maryland, 22 S Greene Street S 3B08, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Nephrol Dial Transplant 22:376-85. 2007..We examined whether anti-TGF-beta antibody limits nephrotoxicity produced by tacrolimus (TAC) and whether this altered genes that regulate oxidative stress...
- Possible role of exogenous cAMP to improve vascular endothelial dysfunction in hypertensive ratsDhvanit I Shah
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Drug Research, Faculty of Medicine, Punjabi University, Patiala 147002, Punjab, India
Fundam Clin Pharmacol 20:595-604. 2006..The expression of mRNA for p22phox and eNOS was assessed by using reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction...
- p22phox in the macula densa regulates single nephron GFR during angiotensin II infusion in ratsPouneh Nouri
Department of Medicine, Georgetown University, Washington, District of Columbia 20057, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H1685-9. 2007..We targeted the p22(phox) subunit of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH) oxidase (NOX) with small-interfering RNA (siRNA) to ..
- Cytochrome b558-negative, autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous disease: two new mutations in the cytochrome b558 light chain of the NADPH oxidase (p22-phox)M de Boer
Central Laboratory of the Netherlands Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, Amsterdam
Am J Hum Genet 51:1127-35. 1992..Patients with the X-linked form of CGD have mutations in the gene for the beta-subunit of cytochrome b558 (gp91-phox)...
- Differential regulation of NADPH oxidase in sympathetic and sensory Ganglia in deoxycorticosterone acetate salt hypertensionXian Cao
Department of Physiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, USA
Hypertension 50:663-71. 2007..mRNA for the oxidase subunits NOX1, NOX2, NOX4, p47(phox), and p22(phox) were present in both CG and DRG; mRNA for NOX4 was significantly higher in CG than in DRG...
- Characterization of six novel mutations in CYBA: the gene causing autosomal recessive chronic granulomatous diseaseShahram Teimourian
Immunology, Asthma and Allergy Research Institute, Medical Sciences of Tehran University, and Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Khatam University, Tehran, Iran
Br J Haematol 141:848-51. 2008One of the rarest forms of chronic granulomatous disease (CGD) is caused by mutations in CYBA, which encodes the p22-phox subunit of the phagocyte NADPH oxidase, leading to defective intracellular killing...
- TGF-BETA AND IMMUNOSUPPRESSION IN ORGAN TRANSPLANTATIONAshwani Khanna; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies will directly determine the role (if any) of the TGF-B and/or p21 pathways in the efficacy, and TGF-B in the toxicity, induced by CsA and tacrolimus. ..