Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cxcl12
Description: C-X-C motif chemokine ligand 12
Alias: Sdf1, stromal cell-derived factor 1, SDF-1 gamma, chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 12 (stromal cell-derived factor 1), stromal cell-derived factor-1 gamma
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- VEGF/SDF-1 promotes cardiac stem cell mobilization and myocardial repair in the infarcted heartJun Ming Tang
Institute of Clinical Medicine Renmin Hospital, Hubei University of Medicine, Shiyan, Hubei, PR China
Cardiovasc Res 91:402-11. 2011....
- SDF-1/CXCR4 axis modulates bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell apoptosis, migration and cytokine secretionXiaolei Liu
The Key Laboratory of Bioactive Materials, Ministry of Education, College of Life Science, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Protein Cell 2:845-54. 2011..These protective effects were partially inhibited by AMD3100, an antagonist of CXCR4.We conclude that the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis is critical for MSC survival, migration and cytokine secretion...
- SDF-1 is both necessary and sufficient to promote proliferative retinopathyJason M Butler
Program in Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, University of Florida Shands Cancer Center, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Clin Invest 115:86-93. 2005..Together, these data demonstrate that SDF-1 plays a major role in proliferative retinopathy and may be an ideal target for the prevention of proliferative retinopathy...
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1-mediated CXCR4 signaling in rat and human cortical neural progenitor cellsHui Peng
Laboratory of Neurotoxicology, The Center for Neurovirology and Neurodegenerative Disorders, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5215, USA
J Neurosci Res 76:35-50. 2004..Ultimately, this study suggested that SDF-1alpha can influence NPC function through CXCR4 and that CXCR4 is functional on NPC...
- Hypoxia-induced astrocytes promote the migration of neural progenitor cells via vascular endothelial factor, stem cell factor, stromal-derived factor-1alpha and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 upregulation in vitroQiang Xu
Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Suzuka University of Medical Science, Suzuka, Mie, Japan
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:624-31. 2007..Given that astrocytes were activated to all hypoxia-ischaemia diseases, these results indicate an important role for astrocytes in directing NPC replacement therapy in the central nervous system...
- Recruitment of transplanted dermal multipotent stem cells to sites of injury in rats with combined radiation and wound injury by interaction of SDF-1 and CXCR4Zhao Wen Zong
Division 2, Department of Traumatology, Daping Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400042, China
Radiat Res 170:444-50. 2008....
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1 is secreted by meningeal cells and acts as chemotactic factor on neuronal stem cells of the cerebellar external granular layerK Reiss
Anatomisches Institut der CAU Kiel, Otto Hahn Platz 8, D 24 118 Kiel, Germany
Neuroscience 115:295-305. 2002..Meningeal cells are thus an important source for the expression of SDF-1 during brain development, which--comparable to its role in haematopoiesis--appears to be a key factor attracting precursor cells to their proliferative compartment...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) alleles and susceptibility to breast carcinomaMahboobeh Razmkhah
Department of Immunology, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, P O Box 71345 319, Shiraz, Iran
Cancer Lett 225:261-6. 2005Stromal cell-Derived Factor-1 (SDF-1, CXCL12) is one the ELR- CXC angiogenic chemokines. It contributes to hematopoiesis and lymphocyte trafficking...
- Oval cell response in 2-acetylaminofluorene/partial hepatectomy rat is attenuated by short interfering RNA targeted to stromal cell-derived factor-1Donghang Zheng
Department of Pathology, Immunology and Laboratory Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Florida, P O Box 100275, Gainesville, FL 32610 0275, USA
Am J Pathol 169:2066-74. 2006..These results indicate that SDF-1 is an essential molecule needed in oval cell activation...
- SDF-1α/CXCR4 axis is involved in glucose-potentiated proliferation and chemotaxis in rat vascular smooth muscle cellsWei Jie
Institute of Pathology, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Int J Exp Pathol 91:436-44. 2010..These results suggested that high glucose activated the SDF-1α/CXCR4/PI-3K/Akt signalling pathway in VSMCs in an autocrine manner, which enhanced the proliferation and chemotaxis of VSMCs...
- Role of the chemokine SDF-1 as the meningeal attractant for embryonic cerebellar neuronsYan Zhu
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University School of Medicine, Box 8108, 660 S Euclid Avenue, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nat Neurosci 5:719-20. 2002....
- SDF-1 expression by mesenchymal stem cells results in trophic support of cardiac myocytes after myocardial infarctionMing Zhang
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
FASEB J 21:3197-207. 2007..These results indicate that stem cell transplantation may have significant beneficial effects on injured organ function independent of tissue regeneration and identify SDF-1:CXCR4 binding as a novel target for myocardial preservation...
- Regional and cellular localization of the CXCl12/SDF-1 chemokine receptor CXCR7 in the developing and adult rat brainBastian Schönemeier
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 510:207-20. 2008..Thus, CXCR4 and CXCR7 may cooperate or act independently in SDF-1-dependent neuronal development. In mature neurons and blood vessels CXCR7 appears to be the preponderant SDF-1-receptor...
- Chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1/CXCL12 increases homing of mesenchymal stem cells to injured myocardium and neovascularization following myocardial infarctionYu Zhuang
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Nanjing First Hospital Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210006, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:183-7. 2009..The present study was aimed to investigate the effect of chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12 on mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) homing to injured myocardium in a rat myocardial infarction model.
- The chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12 modulates the firing pattern of vasopressin neurons and counteracts induced vasopressin release through CXCR4Céline Callewaere
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 732, F 75012 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:8221-6. 2006..Here, we investigated a possible neuroendocrine role of the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12. We demonstrated the colocalization of SDF-1 and its receptor CXCR4 with arginine vasopressin (AVP) in the ..
- Cloning and relative expression analysis of rat stromal cell derived factor-1 (SDF-1)1: SDF-1 alpha mRNA is selectively induced in rat model of myocardial infarctionK Pillarisetti
Department of Cardiovascular Biology, SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406, USA
Inflammation 25:293-300. 2001..Such modulation of SDF-1alpha mRNA expression may be indicative of its role in the inflammatory events in cardiovascular disease...
- Stromal-cell derived factor-1 chemokine gene variant is associated with type 1 diabetes age at onset in Japanese populationAkane Ide
First Department of Internal Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Hum Immunol 64:973-8. 2003..The SDF1-3'A variant (801 G to A in the 3'-untranslated region) was determined by the polymerase chain reaction-restriction ..
- The chemokine SDF-1 differentially regulates axonal elongation and branching in hippocampal neuronsFabien Pujol
INSERM E0350, Hospital St Antoine, 184 Rue du Fg St Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
J Cell Sci 118:1071-80. 2005..These latter two effects are not observed in other neurites. This study unravels a new role for SDF-1/CXCR4 in specifying hippocampal neuron morphology by regulating axonal patterning at an early stage of neuronal development...
- Stromal-derived factor-1 (CXCL12) regulates laminar position of Cajal-Retzius cells in normal and dysplastic brainsMercedes F Paredes
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 26:9404-12. 2006..Here we establish that loss of activity of the chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF1) (CXCL12), which is expressed by the leptomeninges, is necessary and sufficient to cause marginal zone disorganization in ..
- SDF-1alpha/CXCR4-mediated migration of systemically transplanted bone marrow stromal cells towards ischemic brain lesion in a rat modelYe Wang
Department of Pathophysiology, Zhongshan School of Medicine, Sun Yat Sen University, 74 Zhongshan Er Lu, 510080, Guangzhou, PR China
Brain Res 1195:104-12. 2008....
- The chemokine CXCL12 promotes survival of postmitotic neurons by regulating Rb proteinM Z Khan
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, 245 North 15th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Cell Death Differ 15:1663-72. 2008..This study aims to test the hypothesis that the chemokine CXCL12 regulates neuronal survival and differentiation by promoting Rb function, as suggested by previous studies showing ..
- CXCL12/SDF-1 over-expression in human insulinomas and its biological relevanceAysegul Ilhan
Department of Internal Medicine III, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Mol Cell Endocrinol 298:1-10. 2009..was performed on the basis of previously obtained investigative gene array data concerning the over-expression of CXCL12/SDF-1 in human insulinomas versus human pancreatic islet preparations...
- A common stromal cell-derived factor-1 chemokine gene variant is associated with the early onset of type 1 diabetesD Dubois-Laforgue
Unité de Diabétologie, Service d immunologie clinique, H pital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Diabetes 50:1211-3. 2001..of mononuclear cells, we hypothesized that polymorphisms in chemokine receptor or chemokine genes, CCR5 and SDF1, may be involved in susceptibility to or clinical expression of type 1 diabetes...
- Role of stromal-cell derived factor-1 in the development of autoimmune diseases in non-obese diabetic miceKhairul Matin
Department of Oral Science, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, 1 23 1 Toyama, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8650, Japan
Immunology 107:222-32. 2002..SDF-1 may be an essential chemokine for trafficking and migration of autoreactive B cells in the development of diabetes...
- Stromal cell derived factor-1 acutely promotes neural progenitor cell proliferation in vitro by a mechanism involving the ERK1/2 and PI-3K signal pathwaysXiaoming Gong
Medical College of Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Cell Biol Int 30:466-71. 2006..These findings indicate that SDF-1 acutely promotes the proliferation of NPCs in vitro involving the ERK1/2 and PI-3 kinase pathways, suggesting that it plays a basic role in the development of neural progenitors...
- SDF-1 plays a key role in the repairing and remodeling process on rat allo-orthotopic abdominal aorta graftsC Gao
Jinshan Hospital, Fudan University, Department of Burn and Plastic Surgery, Shanghai, China
Transplant Proc 39:268-72. 2007..The mechanisms of this phenomenon remain obscure. In this study, we investigated whether stromal cell derived factor-1 (SDF-1) could play a role in recruiting stem cells to repair and remodel the damaged intima of abdominal aorta grafts...
- Stromal cell derived factor-1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12 attenuates diabetes in mice and promotes pancreatic beta-cell survival by activation of the prosurvival kinase AktTatsuya Yano
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Diabetes 56:2946-57. 2007..We determined whether stromal cell-derived factor (SDF)-1/CXCL12 and its receptor, CX chemokine receptor (CXCR)4, are important for the survival of beta-cells.
- Regulation of axonal elongation and pathfinding from the entorhinal cortex to the dentate gyrus in the hippocampus by the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 alphaYoichi Ohshima
Department of Molecular Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Neurosci 28:8344-53. 2008..These results demonstrate that SDF-1alpha plays a critical role in promoting the growth of perforant fibers from the EC to the DG...
- Cloning and characterization of SDF-1gamma, a novel SDF-1 chemokine transcript with developmentally regulated expression in the nervous systemM Gleichmann
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, Department of Neurology, andBiomedical Research Center, University of Dusseldorf, Moorenstrasse 5, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 12:1857-66. 2000..Computer-assisted analysis revealed that both transcripts encode secreted peptides with putative proteolytic cleavage sites which might generate novel neuropeptides...
- Expression of CXCR4 and CXCL12 (SDF-1) in human prostate cancers (PCa) in vivoYan Xi Sun
Department of Periodontics, Prevention, Geriatrics, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, 1011 North University Ave, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 1078, USA
J Cell Biochem 89:462-73. 2003..The chemokine stromal-derived factor-1 (SDF-1 or CXCL12) and its receptor CXCR4 are now known to modulate the migration and survival of an increasing array of normal and ..
- Time course of myocardial stromal cell-derived factor 1 expression and beneficial effects of intravenously administered bone marrow stem cells in rats with experimental myocardial infarctionJun Ma
Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Feng Lin Road, Shanghai 200032, People s Republic of China
Basic Res Cardiol 100:217-23. 2005..We investigated the time course of myocardial SDF-1 expression and effects of intravenously administered bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in rats with myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Periglomerular accumulation of dendritic cells in rat crescentic glomerulonephritisHidehiko Fujinaka
Department of Structural Pathology, Institute of Nephrology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Niigata Japan
J Nephrol 20:357-63. 2007..This study aimed to demonstrate that periglomerular OX-6+ cells are dendritic cells (DCs) and to clarify their roles in the pathogenesis of this GN...
- Local delivery of protease-resistant stromal cell derived factor-1 for stem cell recruitment after myocardial infarctionVincent F M Segers
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 116:1683-92. 2007..However, SDF-1 is cleaved by exopeptidases and matrix metalloproteinase-2, generating a neurotoxin implicated in some forms of dementia...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 alpha promotes neuroprotection, angiogenesis, and mobilization/homing of bone marrow-derived cells in stroke ratsWoei Cherng Shyu
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, 128 Sec 2, Academia Rd, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:834-49. 2008....
- Stromal-derived factor 1 signalling regulates radial and tangential migration in the developing cerebral cortexAnastasia Liapi
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, London, UK
Dev Neurosci 30:117-31. 2008..Collectively, our results demonstrate that SDF-1 with its distinct pattern of expression is essential and uniquely positioned to regulate key developmental events that underlie the formation of the cerebral cortex...
- SDF-1 recruits cardiac stem cell-like cells that depolarize in vivoSamuel Unzek
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cell Transplant 16:879-86. 2007..These cells are capable of depolarizing and thus may contribute to increased contractile function even in the absence of maturation into a mature cardiac myocyte...
- VEGFR1/CXCR4-positive progenitor cells modulate local inflammation and augment tissue perfusion by a SDF-1-dependent mechanismAndrew Wragg
Translational Medicine Branch, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Building 10 CRC, Bethesda, MD 20817, USA
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:1221-32. 2008..This is an important potential mechanism for cell transplantation, in addition to the direct modulation of local vascular cells through paracrine mechanisms...
- G-CSF enhanced SDF-1 gradient between bone marrow and liver associated with mobilization of peripheral blood CD34+ cells in rats with acute liver failureYan Lei
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, 710061, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 55:285-91. 2010....
- The chemokine SDF-1/CXCL12 contributes to the 'homing' of umbilical cord blood cells to a hypoxic-ischemic lesion in the rat brainKatja Rosenkranz
Department of Neuroanatomy and Mol Brain Research, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
J Neurosci Res 88:1223-33. 2010..effects observed in our model, we investigated the role of the chemokine stromal derived factor (SDF)-1 (CXCL12) as a possible candidate for chemotaxis-mediated 'homing' of transplanted hUCB cells to a hypoxic-ischemic lesion ..
- Spatio-temporal changes of SDF1 and its CXCR4 receptor in the dorsal root ganglia following unilateral sciatic nerve injury as a model of neuropathic painPetr Dubovy
Division of Neuroanatomy, Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Kamenice 3, 625 00, Brno, Czech Republic
Histochem Cell Biol 133:323-37. 2010..CCI) of rat sciatic nerve under aseptic conditions was used to investigate changes for stromal derived factor-1 (SDF1) and its CXCR4 receptor in lumbal (L4-L5) and cervical (C7-C8) dorsal root ganglia (DRG) from both sides of naïve, ..
- Calcium mobilization triggered by the chemokine CXCL12 regulates migration in wounded intestinal epithelial monolayersKimberle A Agle
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 285:16066-75. 2010..Previously we have determined that activation of the chemokine receptor CXCR4 by the cognate ligand CXCL12 enhances intestinal epithelial restitution through reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 is essential for photoreceptor cell protection in retinal detachmentHiroki Otsuka
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1, Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, 890 8520, Japan
Am J Pathol 177:2268-77. 2010..Our results indicate a surprising, protective role for SDF-1 in RD. This effect may be mediated directly or indirectly through other cell types...
- CXCL12 mediates apoptosis resistance in rat C6 glioma cellsKirsten Hattermann
Department of Anatomy, University of Kiel, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Oncol Rep 27:1348-52. 2012The chemokine CXCL12/stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) and its receptor CXCR4 regulate migration and patterning processes during brain development, but also contribute to proliferation and expansion of gliomas, ..
- SDF-1α induces angiogenesis after traumatic brain injuryShenghui Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Neurological Institute, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, 154 Anshan Road, Tianjin 300052, China
Brain Res 1444:76-86. 2012..05). These data indicated that SDF-1α could induce angiogenesis after TBI, potentially via SDF-1/CXCR4 axis...
- Expression of chemokine CXCL12 and its receptor CXCR4 in folliculostellate (FS) cells of the rat anterior pituitary gland: the CXCL12/CXCR4 axis induces interconnection of FS cellsKotaro Horiguchi
Division of Histology and Cell Biology, Department of Anatomy, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Endocrinology 153:1717-24. 2012..b>CXCL12 is a chemokine of the CXC subfamily. It exerts its effects via CXCR4, a G protein-coupled receptor...
- Central actions of the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 contribute to neurohumoral excitation in heart failure ratsShun Guang Wei
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hypertension 59:991-8. 2012..Immunohistochemical analysis revealed that the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1)/CXCL12 was highly expressed in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus and subfornical organ and that SDF-1 expression ..
- CXCL12 sensitizes vago-vagal reflex neurons in the dorsal medullaRichard C Rogers
Autonomic Neuroscience Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University System, 6400 Perkins Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, United States
Brain Res 1492:46-52. 2013Previous studies from our laboratory illustrated the potential for stromal cell-derived factor one [CXCL12; also referred to as SDF-1] to act on its receptor [CXCR4] within the dorsal vagal complex [DVC] of the hindbrain to suppress ..
- Activator protein-2α mediates carbon monoxide-induced stromal cell-derived factor-1α expression and vascularization in ischemic heartHeng Huei Lin
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan, ROC
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:785-94. 2013..This study aims to investigate the signaling pathway and the transcriptional factor that mediate CO-induced SDF-1α gene expression and cardioprotection...
- PARP-1 and YY1 are important novel regulators of CXCL12 gene transcription in rat pancreatic beta cellsJelena Markovic
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute for Biological Research, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
PLoS ONE 8:e59679. 2013..At present, there is no preventive measure against diabetes. The positive impact of CXCL12 expression on the pancreatic beta cell prosurvival phenotype initiated this study...
- Overexpression of CXCR4 in tracheal epithelial cells promotes their proliferation and migration to a stromal cell-derived factor-1 gradientJun Liu
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Shengjing Hospital, China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 238:144-50. 2013..Our findings indicate that the activation of CXCR4 may promote tracheal cell proliferation and migration to the sites of airway injury where SDF-1 is regulated...
- CXCL12 inhibits cortical neuron apoptosis by increasing the ratio of Bcl-2/Bax after traumatic brain injuryWeifeng Mao
1Department of Anatomy and Cytoneurobiology, Medical College of Soochow University, People s Republic of China
Int J Neurosci 124:281-90. 2014b>CXCL12 and its physiologic receptor CXCR4 are involved in controlling cell survival, proliferation and migration in adult tissues...
- Mechanical allodynia induced by nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor is suppressed by p55TNFSR mediated by herpes simplex virus vector through the SDF1α/CXCR4 system in ratsWan Huang
From the Department of Anesthesiology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida Department of Anesthesiology, State Key Laboratory of Oncology on Southern China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China Department of Neurology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan Hussman Institute of Human Genomics, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Miami, Florida
Anesth Analg 118:671-80. 2014..that include the proinflammatory molecules, tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), stromal cell-derived factor 1-α (SDF1-α), and C-X-C chemokine receptor type 4 (CXCR4), the detailed mechanisms by which NRTIs contribute to the ..
- Endogenous endothelial progenitor cells participate in neovascularization via CXCR4/SDF-1 axis and improve outcome after strokeLing Mao
Department of Neurology, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
CNS Neurosci Ther 20:460-8. 2014..To study whether endogenous endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) are involved in neovascularization after stroke...
- SDF-1/CXCR4 signaling preserves microvascular integrity and renal function in chronic kidney diseaseLi Hao Chen
Keenan Research Centre for Biomedical Science and Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 9:e92227. 2014..Augmentation of this pathway, either purposefully or serendipitously with either novel or existing therapies, may attenuate renal decline in CKD. ..
- Regulation of transplanted mesenchymal stem cells by the lung progenitor niche in rats with chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseWan Guang Zhang
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 1095, Jie Fang Road, Han Kou District, Wuhan, Hubei 430030, China
Respir Res 15:33. 2014..We hypothesized that this system would increase the rates of MSC engraftment and repair in COPD rats...
- 17β-estradiol mediates upregulation of stromal cell-derived factor-1 in the retina through activation of estrogen receptor in an ischemia-reperfusion injury modelYeqing Wang
Department of Ophthalmology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, 23 Youzheng Street, Nangang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province, People s Republic of China, 150001
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 253:17-23. 2015..Further, we explored the effect of estrogen 17β-estradiol (E2), and the role of estrogen receptor (ER) in regulating SDF-1 expression...
- CXCR-7 receptor promotes SDF-1α-induced migration of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in the transient cerebral ischemia/reperfusion rat hippocampusYulan Wang
Department of Human Anatomy and Neurobiology, Xuzhou Medical College, No 209 Tong shan Road, Jiangsu, Xuzhou 221004, China Electronic address
Brain Res 1575:78-86. 2014..The effect of CXCR-7 was stronger than that of CXCR-4. Moreover, BMSCs that migrated to hippocampus promoted the autocrine and paracrine signaling of SDF-1α...
- CXC chemokine ligand 12 protects pancreatic β-cells from necrosis through Akt kinase-mediated modulation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 activityNevena Grdovic
Department of Molecular Biology, Institute for Biological Research, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
PLoS ONE 9:e101172. 2014..Herein we show that overexpression of CXC chemokine ligand12 (CXCL12) considerably improves the viability of isolated rat Langerhans islet cells and Rin-5F pancreatic β-cells after ..
- Low intensity pulsed ultrasound enhanced mesenchymal stem cell recruitment through stromal derived factor-1 signaling in fracture healingFang Yuan Wei
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Clinical Sciences Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
PLoS ONE 9:e106722. 2014..These results suggested SDF-1 mediated MSCs migration might be one of the crucial mechanisms through which LIPUS exerted influence on fracture healing...
- The effect of stromal cell-derived factor 1 in the migration of neural stem cellsLiping Xue
Department of Ophthalmology, Yunnan NO 2 Provincial People s Hospital, 176 Qingnian Rd, Kunming, 650021, People s Republic of China
Cell Biochem Biophys 70:1609-16. 2014..Taken together, these results demonstrated that SDF-1/CXCR4 axis may play crucial role in the migration of Nestin-positive cell after brain injury. ..
- Stromal derived factor-1α in hippocampus radial glial cells in vitro regulates the migration of neural progenitor cellsHui Ding
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, The Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Co innovation Center of Neuroregeneration, Nantong, Jiangsu Province, 226001, People s Republic of China
Cell Biol Int 39:750-8. 2015....
- Stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) accelerated skin wound healing by promoting the migration and proliferation of epidermal stem cellsRui Guo
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Southwestern Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, 400038, China
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 51:578-85. 2015..These results provide direct evidence that SDF-1 promotes epidermal stem cell migration, accelerates skin regeneration, and makes the development of new regenerative therapeutic strategies for wound healing possible. ..
- Transforming growth factor β-activated kinase 1 negatively regulates interleukin-1α-induced stromal-derived factor-1 expression in vascular smooth muscle cellsBin Yang
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huangzhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 463:130-6. 2015..In conclusion, TAK1 acts as an important regulator of IL-1α-induced SDF-1 expression in VSMCs, and modulating activity of TAK1 may serve as a potential strategy for modulating vascular repair and remodeling. ..
- Auditory stimulation modulates CXCL12/CXCR4 expression in postnatal development of the newborn rat cochleaWen Zhang
aDepartment of Surgery, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University bDepartment of Otolaryngology, The Fourth People s Hospital of Shaanxi Province cDepartment of Otolaryngology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University dDepartment of Otolaryngology, Shaanxi Provincial People s Hospital, Xi an, Shaanxi, People s Republic of China
Neuroreport 26:681-7. 2015..CXCR4 is the primary physiologic receptor for CXC chemokine ligand 12 (CXCL12) and the CXCL12-CXCR4 pathway has been implicated in the process of migration, differentiation, and maturation of ..
- Upregulation of Chemokine CXCL12 in the Dorsal Root Ganglia and Spinal Cord Contributes to the Development and Maintenance of Neuropathic Pain Following Spared Nerve Injury in RatsLiying Bai
Department of Physiology and Neurobiology, Zhengzhou University School of Medicine, Zhengzhou, 450001, China
Neurosci Bull 32:27-40. 2016Emerging evidence indicates that CXCL12/CXCR4 signaling is involved in chronic pain. However, few studies have systemically assessed its role in direct nerve injury-induced neuropathic pain and the underlying mechanism...
- Progesterone modulates endothelial progenitor cell (EPC) viability through the CXCL12/CXCR4/PI3K/Akt signalling pathwayPeng Yu
Department of Neurosurgery, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin, 300052, China
Cell Prolif 49:48-57. 2016..However, the mechanisms of progesterone's effects on EPC viability remain elusive. The CXCL12/CXCR4 (CXC chemokine ligand 12/CXC chemokine receptor 4) signalling pathway regulates cell proliferation; we ..
- Altered gene expression in leukocyte transendothelial migration and cell communication pathways in periodontitis-affected gingival tissuesD Abe
Division of Periodontology, Department of Oral Biological Science, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Japan
J Periodontal Res 46:345-53. 2011..The aims of the present study were to identify the expression of specific genes and biological pathways in periodontitis-affected gingival tissue using microarray and quantitative real-time RT-PCR analyses...
- Sdf-1 (CXCL12) improves skeletal muscle regeneration via the mobilisation of Cxcr4 and CD34 expressing cellsEdyta Brzoska
Department of Cytology, Faculty of Biology, University of Warsaw, Warsaw 02 096, Poland
Biol Cell 104:722-37. 2012..Participation of these cells in the repair process depends on their precise mobilisation to the site of the injury...
- Heparin oligosaccharides inhibit chemokine (CXC motif) ligand 12 (CXCL12) cardioprotection by binding orthogonal to the dimerization interface, promoting oligomerization, and competing with the chemokine (CXC motif) receptor 4 (CXCR4) N terminusJoshua J Ziarek
Department of Biochemistry, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
J Biol Chem 288:737-46. 2013..of chemokines, but association with soluble GAGs induces the oligomerization of most chemokines including CXCL12. Monomeric CXCL12, but not dimeric CXCL12, is cardioprotective in a number of experimental models of cardiac ..
- Involvement of SDF1a and STAT3 in granulocyte colony-stimulating factor rescues optic ischemia-induced retinal function loss by mobilizing hematopoietic stem cellsPo Kang Lin
School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:1920-30. 2013..In this study, we used G-CSF to induce the mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells into peripheral blood in an ischemia-induced retinal degeneration model...
- Chemokines and glycoprotein120 produce pain hypersensitivity by directly exciting primary nociceptive neuronsS B Oh
Department of Neurobiology, The Committee on Neurobiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 21:5027-35. 2001..Chemokine receptor antagonists may be important therapeutic interventions in the pain that is associated with HIV-1 infection and inflammation...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 chemokine gene polymorphism is not associated with onset age of Japanese type 1 diabetesToshikatsu Shigihara
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1005:328-31. 2003..The SDF-1 gene polymorphism was not associated with onset age (or onset pattern) of type 1 diabetes in Japanese. Further study is necessary to conclude whether SDF-1 gene polymorphism affects the onset age in type 1 diabetes in general...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha modulation of the excitability of rat substantia nigra dopaminergic neurones: presynaptic mechanismsA Guyon
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Unité Mixte de Recherche 6097, Institut de Pharmacologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, Sophia Antipolis, Valbonne 06560, France
J Neurochem 96:1540-50. 2006..Our results show that SDF-1alpha induces, via presynaptic mechanisms, alterations in the excitability of DA neurones as confirmed by current-clamp experiments...
- Modulation of rat oligodendrocyte precursor cells by the chemokine CXCL12Samaneh Maysami
Department of Neurology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Neuroreport 17:1187-90. 2006..Stimulation with the ligand CXCL12 (SDF-1 alpha) leads to intracellular Ca elevation...
- Low-energy shock wave for enhancing recruitment of endothelial progenitor cells: a new modality to increase efficacy of cell therapy in chronic hind limb ischemiaAlexandra Aicher
Department of Medicine III, University of Frankfurt, Theodor Stern Kai 7, 60590 Frankfurt, Germany
Circulation 114:2823-30. 2006..Therefore, we investigated the effect of targeted extracorporeal shock wave (SW) application in order to facilitate EPC recruitment into nonischemic and chronic ischemic tissue...
- Proteolytic processing of SDF-1alpha reveals a change in receptor specificity mediating HIV-associated neurodegenerationDavid Vergote
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2S2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:19182-7. 2006..05) were prevented by a CXCR3 antagonist. These studies reveal additive neuropathogenic properties exerted by a proteolytically cleaved chemokine as consequences of a change in receptor specificity, culminating in neurodegeneration...
- Stromal derived factor-1 exerts differential regulation on distinct cortical cell populations in vitroJames Pritchett
1, 124 Stopford Building, Faculty of Life Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
BMC Dev Biol 7:31. 2007..Stromal derived factor (SDF-1), an alpha chemokine, is a widely known chemoattractant in the immune system. A growing body of evidence now suggests multiple regulatory roles for SDF-1 in the developing nervous system...
- Cellular and subcellular evidence for neuronal interaction between the chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1/CXCL 12 and vasopressin: regulation in the hypothalamo-neurohypophysial system of the Brattleboro ratsCéline Callewaere
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 732, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Hopital Saint Antoine, 75571 Paris Cedex 12, France
Endocrinology 149:310-9. 2008..These original data further suggest that SDF-1 may play an essential role in the regulation of water balance...
- [Expression of stromal cell-derived factor 1 is increased in the retina of experimental diabetic rats]Yuan Zhi Yuan
Department of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Yan Ke Za Zhi 43:912-6. 2007..To investigate the expression of stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) in retina of experimental diabetic rats...
- CXCL12 enhances exogenous CD4+CD25+ T cell migration and prevents embryo loss in non-obese diabetic miceYi Lin
Institute of Tissue Transplantation and Immunology, College of Life Science and Technology, Jinan University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 91:2687-96. 2009To investigate the possible role of CXCL12 in the migration of regulatory T (Treg) cells.
- Combined analysis of audiologic performance and the plasma biomarker stromal cell-derived factor 1a in type 2 diabetic patientsBenjamin Loader
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Otol Neurotol 29:739-44. 2008....
- Stromal-derived factor-1alpha (CXCL12) levels increase in periodontal diseaseAaron M Havens
Department of Periodontics and Oral Medicine, University of Michigan Dental School, 1011 N University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Periodontol 79:845-53. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether SDF-1alpha secreted by host cells plays a role in recruiting inflammatory cells into the periodontia during local inflammation...
- SDF-1 plays a key role in chronic allograft nephropathy in ratsC Gao
Burn and Plastic Surgery Department, Rui Jin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Transplant Proc 40:1674-8. 2008..In this study, we investigated the mechanisms of SDF-1 on chronic allograft nephropathy (CAN), and whether SDF-1 antibody had protective effect on CAN...
- Upregulation of stromal cell-derived factor 1 (SDF-1) expression in microvasculature endothelial cells in retinal ischemia-reperfusion injuryPinghong Lai
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:1707-13. 2008..In this study, we explored the expression of SDF-1 in a rat model of retinal ischemia-reperfusion injury and investigated the possible role of retinal microvasculature endothelium cells in generation of this chemokine...
- Elevated CXCL12 expression in the bone marrow of NOD mice is associated with altered T cell and stem cell trafficking and diabetes developmentQibin Leng
Koch Institute for Integrative Cancer Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
BMC Immunol 9:51. 2008..Studies have shown that polymorphisms of chemokine CXCL12 gene are linked to TID in humans...
- Suppression of neuroblastoma growth by dipeptidyl peptidase IV: relevance of chemokine regulation and caspase activationW T Arscott
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Vermont Cancer Center, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Oncogene 28:479-91. 2009..expression of the neural marker MAP2 and decreased expression of chemokines, including stromal-derived factor 1 (SDF1) and its receptor CXCR4...
- The relationship between SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 and neural stem cells appearing in damaged area after traumatic brain injury in ratsTatsuki Itoh
Department of Pathology, Kinki University School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Neurol Res 31:90-102. 2009..In the present study, the temporal relationship between neural stem cells (NSCs) and SDF-1alpha/CXCR4 around a damaged area was investigated using a rat traumatic brain injury (TBI) model...
- Local upregulation of stromal cell-derived factor-1 after ligament injuries enhances homing rate of bone marrow stromal cells in ratsKazumi Shimode
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Tissue Eng Part A 15:2277-84. 2009..The cell-based therapy for ligament and tendon injury with reference to local expression of SDF-1 may be one of the available applications...
- Differential regulation of CXCL12 and PACAP mRNA expression after focal and global ischemiaMonika Riek-Burchardt
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology, Brenneckestr 6, 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
Neuropharmacology 58:199-207. 2010..Hence, the different modes of neuronal death after focal and global ischemia are associated with distinct SDF-1 and PACAP gene regulation patterns and distinct reorganization mechanisms...
- [Tropism of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells in neurogenic differentiation for C6 conditioned medium and SDF-1alpha]Pu Hua Bao
Department of Cell Biology, Medical College of Soochow University Jiangsu Province Key Laboratory of Stem Cell Research, Suzhou 215123, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 25:794-7, 801. 2009..To investigate the tropism of bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (BMSCs) in neurogenic differentiation for glioma and SDF-1alpha...
- Tropism mechanism of stem cells targeting injured brain tissues by stromal cell-derived factor-1Sai Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, Affiliated Hospital of Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Force, Tianjin 300162, China
Chin J Traumatol 12:263-8. 2009..To explore the role and function of stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1) in stem cells migrating into injured brain area...
- CXCL12-mediated regulation of ANP32A/Lanp, a component of the inhibitor of histone acetyl transferase (INHAT) complex, in cortical neuronsMuhammad Z Khan
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 6:163-70. 2011The chemokine receptor CXCR4 and its endogenous ligand, CXCL12, are involved in development and homeostasis of the central nervous system and in the neuropathology of various neuroinflammatory/infectious disorders, including neuroAIDS...
- [Transforming growth TGF-beta1 mediates the expression of stromal cell derived factor-1 in kidney interstitial fibroblast cells in rats]He ping Zhang
Department of Nephrology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 41:453-7, 475. 2010..To study the expression pattern of SDF-1 in the NRK49F cells and the role of TGF-beta1 in mediating the expression of SDF-1...
- Stromal cell-derived factor-1 potentiates bone morphogenetic protein-2 induced bone formationKosaku Higashino
Atlanta Veteran Affairs Medical Center and Department of Orthopaedics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Tissue Eng Part A 17:523-30. 2011..Thus, addition of SDF-1 to BMP-2 may improve the efficiency of BMPs in vivo, making their routine use for orthopaedic applications more affordable and available to more patients...
- [Expression of SDF-1 in lung tissues and intervention of AMD3100 in asthmatic rats]Li Ping Zou
Department of Pediatrics, Third Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 13:321-5. 2011..To study the expression of stromal cell derived factor-1(SDF-1) in the airway and to investigate the role of SDF-1 receptor antagonist AMD3100 intervention in rats with asthma...
- CXCL12 expression within the CNS contributes to the resistance against experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in Albino Oxford ratsDjordje Miljkovic
Department of Immunology, Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, University of Belgrade, Serbia
Immunobiology 216:979-87. 2011..We found a dramatic increase of CXCL12 expression in SC tissue and microvessels of AO rats, whereas DA rats markedly decreased the expression of this ..
- Structural localization and expression of CXCL12 and CXCR4 in rat heart and isolated cardiac myocytesAudrey Segret
CNRS UMR 8162, Université Paris XI Sud, Hopital Marie Lannelongue, 133 avenue de la Resistance, 92350 Le Plessis Robinson, France
J Histochem Cytochem 55:141-50. 2007b>CXCL12 (SDF-1), which binds CXCR4, is involved in several physiological and pathophysiological processes. In heart, this axis seems to play a key role in cardiogenesis and is involved in the neovascularization of ischemic tissues...
- Antagonism of stromal cell-derived factor-1alpha reduces infarct size and improves ventricular function after myocardial infarctionCindy Proulx
Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Pflugers Arch 455:241-50. 2007..In vitro data further suggest that SDF-1alpha may have contributed to the hypertrophic response of the NILV...
- Rho activation regulates CXCL12 chemokine stimulated actin rearrangement and restitution in model intestinal epitheliaRebecca A Moyer
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Lab Invest 87:807-17. 2007..The aim of the present study was to define the cellular mechanisms whereby engagement of the essential chemokine CXCL12 to CXCR4 regulates restitutive epithelial cell migration...
- Modulation of network-driven, GABA-mediated giant depolarizing potentials by SDF-1alpha in the developing hippocampusAlexander Kasiyanov
Neurophysiology Laboratory, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5880, USA
Dev Neurosci 30:285-92. 2008Chemokine stromal cell-derived factor-1 (SDF-1, or CXCL12) plays an important role in brain development and functioning...
- Expression of stromal derived factor alpha (SDF-1 alpha) by primary hepatocytes following isolation and heat shock stimulationGholamhossein Hassanshahi
Departmentt of Hematology and Immunology School of Medicine, Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences, Rafsanjan, Iran
Iran J Allergy Asthma Immunol 7:61-8. 2008..Accordingly, it seems that hepatocytes mimic the experiences that liver experience after injury in vivo and therefore, produce stress related agents like chemokines to overcome such a injurious condition...
- SDF-1a/CXCL12 Potentiates the Behavioral Effects of Cocaine in RatsJordan Trecki; Fiscal Year: 2008..It has been shown that SDF-1a, (new nomenclature - CXCL12) causes a heterologous desensitization of opioid receptors...