Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Creb1
Description: cAMP responsive element binding protein 1
Alias: Creb, cyclic AMP-responsive element-binding protein 1, CREB-1, Y protein, cAMP response element binding protein 1
Publications138 found, 100 shown here
- CREB modulates excitability of nucleus accumbens neuronsYan Dong
Nancy Pritzker Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:475-7. 2006Drugs of abuse cause activation of the cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) in the nucleus accumbens (NAc)...
- Impaired spatial learning related with decreased expression of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIalpha and cAMP-response element binding protein in the pentylenetetrazol-kindled ratsPei Wang
Department of Neurology, The Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, PR China
Brain Res 1238:108-17. 2008..of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IIalpha (CaMKII(alpha)) and cAMP-response element binding protein (CREB) in hippocampus of those rats using western blot and reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Adenosine A 2B receptors modulate cAMP levels and induce CREB but not ERK1/2 and p38 phosphorylation in rat skeletal muscle cellsJan Lynge
Copenhagen Muscle Research Centre, Department of Human Physiology, Institute of Exercise and Sports Sciences, August Krogh Institute, Copenhagen University, Universitetsparken 13, Copenhagen Ø, DK 2100, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:180-7. 2003..NECA resulted in phosphorylation of CREB with an EC(50) of (95% confidence interval)=1.7 (0.40-7...
- Sustained extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 phosphorylation in neonate 6-hydroxydopamine-lesioned rats after repeated D1-dopamine receptor agonist administration: implications for NMDA receptor involvementSophia T Papadeas
Neurobiology Curriculum, Department of Psychiatry and University of North Carolina Neuroscience Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7178, USA
J Neurosci 24:5863-76. 2004..Phosphorylated cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB), examined 7 d after the sensitizing regimen, was observed exclusively in MPC, where it was abundant throughout all ..
- VEGF-A/VEGFR-2 signaling leading to cAMP response element-binding protein phosphorylation is a shared pathway underlying the protective effect of preconditioning on neurons and endothelial cellsHsueh Te Lee
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, Tainan, Taiwan
J Neurosci 29:4356-68. 2009..of the 24 h artery ligation preconditioning model requires the activation of cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB)...
- CREB: a Ca(2+)-regulated transcription factor phosphorylated by calmodulin-dependent kinasesM Sheng
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115
Science 252:1427-30. 1991..The adenosine 3',5'-monophosphate (cAMP) response element-binding protein (CREB) was shown to function as a Ca(2+)-regulated transcription factor and as a substrate for depolarization-activated ..
- CREB regulates hepatic gluconeogenesis through the coactivator PGC-1S Herzig
Peptide Biology Laboratories, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 N Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037 1002, USA
Nature 413:179-83. 2001..Here we show that mice carrying a targeted disruption of the cyclic AMP (cAMP) response element binding (CREB) protein gene, or overexpressing a dominant-negative CREB inhibitor, exhibit fasting hypoglycaemia [corrected] and ..
- Phosphorylated cyclic AMP response element binding protein expression induced in the periaqueductal gray by predator stress: its relationship to the stress experience, behavior and limbic neural plasticityRobert E Adamec
Department of Psychology, Memorial University, 232 Elizabeth Avenue, A1B 3X9, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27:1243-67. 2003..Finally, consistent with cat and human studies, the right hemisphere appears particularly important in long-term response to stress...
- IGF-1 protects cardiac myocytes from hyperosmotic stress-induced apoptosis via CREBCarola Maldonado
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Quimicas y Farmaceuticas, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:1112-8. 2005..IGF-1 induces intracellular Ca(2+) increase, we assessed whether the cyclic AMP response element-binding protein (CREB) is activated by IGF-1 through Ca(2+)-dependent signalling pathways...
- Antisense-induced reduction in nucleus accumbens cyclic AMP response element binding protein attenuates cocaine reinforcementK H Choi
Department of Psychiatry, Seay Center for Basic and Applied Research in Psychiatric Illness, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, 75390 9070, USA
Neuroscience 137:373-83. 2006..cyclic AMP signaling and increases the transcriptional activity of cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) in the nucleus accumbens...
- D1 receptor modulation of memory retrieval performance is associated with changes in pCREB and pDARPP-32 in rat prefrontal cortexMaïté Hotte
INSERM, U796, Pathophysiology of Psychiatric Disorders, University Paris Descartes, Faculty of Medecine Paris Descartes, France
Behav Brain Res 171:127-33. 2006..We analyzed the level of phosphorylation of both CREB (cAMP response element binding protein) and DARPP-32 (dopamine and cAMP-regulated phosphoprotein, 32 kDa) in (1) ..
- Elevated pCREB in the PAG after exposure to the elevated plus maze in rats previously exposed to a catJacqueline Blundell
Department of Psychology, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador, St John s, Nfld, Canada A1B 3X9
Behav Brain Res 175:285-95. 2006..If what happens in animals also occurs in humans, the findings of this study suggest that neural mechanisms of prior traumatic stress may interact with subsequent stress to reinforce psychopathology...
- PI3K/Akt and CREB regulate adult neural hippocampal progenitor proliferation and differentiationJoseph Peltier
Department of Chemical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:1348-61. 2007..We also show that activation of the cAMP response element binding protein (CREB), which occurs in cells stimulated by FGF-2, is limited when Akt signaling is inhibited, demonstrating a link ..
- D-serine regulates CREB phosphorylation induced by NMDA receptor activation in Müller glia from the retinaMonica Lamas
Departamento de Farmacobiologia, CINVESTAV Sede Sur, Calzada de los Tenorios 235, Mexico, D F, Mexico
Neurosci Lett 427:55-60. 2007..modulates gene expression in Müller glial cells from the retina through the induction of transcription factor CREB phosphorylation and the expression of the immediate-early gene c-fos...
- Prevention of hepatic steatosis and hepatic insulin resistance by knockdown of cAMP response element-binding proteinDerek M Erion
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Cell Metab 10:499-506. 2009..Since cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) is a key regulator of gluconeogenic gene expression, we hypothesized that decreasing hepatic CREB expression would ..
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor-elicited or sciatic ligation-associated phosphorylation of cyclic AMP response element binding protein in the rat spinal dorsal horn is reduced by block of tyrosine kinase receptorsGordana Miletic
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Wisconsin, 2015 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706 1102, USA
Neurosci Lett 361:269-71. 2004Brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) may critically contribute to injury-associated plasticity and thus to the development of persistent pain...
- Genome-wide analysis of cAMP-response element binding protein occupancy, phosphorylation, and target gene activation in human tissuesXinmin Zhang
The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:4459-64. 2005..cellular gene expression by means of the PKA-mediated phosphorylation of cAMP-response element binding protein (CREB) at Ser-133...
- Phosphorylation of CREB and mechanical hyperalgesia is reversed by blockade of the cAMP pathway in a time-dependent manner after repeated intramuscular acid injectionsMarie K Hoeger-Bement
Graduate Program in Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Science, Neuroscience Graduate Program, Pain Research Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Neurosci 23:5437-45. 2003..nociceptive spinal neurons, and phosphorylates the transcription factor cAMP-responsive element binding protein (CREB), which initiates gene transcription...
- Intrathecal injection of cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) antisense oligonucleotide attenuates tactile allodynia caused by partial sciatic nerve ligationWeiya Ma
Department of Anesthesiology, and Center for the Study of Pharmacological Plasticity in the Presence of Pain, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Brain Res 988:97-104. 2003The transcription factor cAMP responsive element binding protein (CREB) is important in regulating immediate-early genes and some late-effector genes involved in neuroplasticity in response to peripheral injury and stressful insults...
- A cluster of phosphorylation sites on the cyclic AMP-regulated nuclear factor CREB predicted by its sequenceG A Gonzalez
Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology, Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037
Nature 337:749-52. 1989..We have previously characterized the cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) in PC12 cells and brain tissue as a nuclear factor, of relative molecular mass 43,000, whose transcriptional ..
- Differential activation of CREB by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinases type II and type IV involves phosphorylation of a site that negatively regulates activityP Sun
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201
Genes Dev 8:2527-39. 1994The cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) has been shown to mediate transcriptional activation of genes in response to both cAMP and calcium influx signal transduction pathways...
- Lipopolysaccharide regulates constitutive and inducible transcription factor activities differentially in vivo in the ratX Ye
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:927-32. 2001..factor), AP-2 (activating protein-2), AP-1 (activating protein-1), NF-kappaB (nuclear factor kappa B), and CREB (cAMP response element binding protein)...
- Disruption of CREB function in brain leads to neurodegenerationTheo Mantamadiotis
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Genet 31:47-54. 2002..To define its roles in the mouse central nervous system, we disrupted Creb1 in brain of developing and adult mice using the Cre/loxP system...
- Apoptosis induced by inhibition of cyclic AMP response element-binding protein in vascular smooth muscle cellsTomotake Tokunou
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, 812 8582 Fukuoka, Japan
Circulation 108:1246-52. 2003..Cyclic AMP response element-binding protein (CREB) is a critical transcription factor for the survival of neuronal cells and T lymphocytes...
- CREB controls hepatic lipid metabolism through nuclear hormone receptor PPAR-gammaStephan Herzig
Peptide Biology Laboratories Salk Institute for Biological Studies, 10010 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037 1002, USA
Nature 426:190-3. 2003..In response to pancreatic glucagon and adrenal cortisol, the cAMP-responsive transcription factor CREB activates gluconeogenic and fatty acid oxidation programmes by stimulating expression of the nuclear hormone ..
- Expression of transcription factors c-Fos, c-Jun, CREB-1 and ATF-2, and caspase-3 in relation with abnormal tau deposits in Pick's diseaseMaría Nieto-Bodelón
Unitat de Neuropatologia Experimental, Universitat de Barcelona, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Acta Neuropathol 111:341-50. 2006..factors and members of the caspase family in cell death and cell survival, immunohistochemistry to c-Fos, c-Jun, CREB-1, ATF-2; c-Fos(P), c-Jun(P) and CREB-1(P); and procaspase-8, procaspase-3 and active (cleaved) caspase-3 ..
- Role of cAMP response element-binding protein in the rat locus ceruleus: regulation of neuronal activity and opiate withdrawal behaviorsMing Hu Han
Department of Psychiatry, Center for Basic Neuroscience, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
J Neurosci 26:4624-9. 2006The transcription factor cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) is implicated in mediating the actions of chronic morphine in the locus ceruleus (LC), but direct evidence to support such a role is limited...
- Na,K-ATPase signal transduction triggers CREB activation and dendritic growthLuc Desfrere
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Biophysics, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2212-7. 2009..triggers dendritic growth as well as a transcriptional program dependent on cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) and cAMP response element (CRE)-mediated gene expression, primarily regulated via Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent ..
- Deficits in ERK and CREB activation in the hippocampus after traumatic brain injuryColeen M Atkins
The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis, Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, United States
Neurosci Lett 459:52-6. 2009..activated ERK and one of its downstream effectors, the transcription factor cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB). We found that activation of ERK (p<0.05) and CREB (p<0...
- Cyclic AMP response element-binding protein is implicated in IL-6 production from arthritic synovial cellsAkihiro Ishizu
Faculty of Health Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita 12, Nishi 5, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 0812, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 20:134-8. 2010..Cyclic adenosine monophosphate (AMP) response element-binding protein (CREB), a leucine zipper transcription factor, is expressed at a high level in synovial cells of patients with RA...
- Involvement of transducer of regulated cAMP response element-binding protein activity on corticotropin releasing hormone transcriptionYing Liu
Section on Endocrine Physiology, Developmental Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Endocrinology 151:1109-18. 2010We have recently shown that phospho-cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) is essential but not sufficient for activation of CRH transcription, suggesting the requirement of a coactivator...
- Involvement of spinal PKA/CREB signaling pathway in the development of bone cancer painLi Hua Hang
Department of Anesthesiology, the Affiliated People s Hospital of Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang Jiangsu 212002, PR China
Pharmacol Rep 65:710-6. 2013It has been shown that spinal PKA/CREB signaling pathway is involved in neuropathic and inflammatory pain, but its effects on bone cancer pain have not previously been investigated...
- Spinal synaptic scaffolding protein Homer 1b/c regulates CREB phosphorylation and c-fos activation induced by inflammatory pain in ratsYong xing Yao
Department of Anesthesia, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China
Neurosci Lett 559:88-93. 2014..only markedly reduced the expression of Homer 1b/c protein, but also attenuated CFA-induced inflammation, spinal CREB phosphorylation, and Fos expression...
- NKCC1 mediates traumatic brain injury-induced hippocampal neurogenesis through CREB phosphorylation and HIF-1α expressionKwok Tung Lu
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Pflugers Arch 467:1651-61. 2015..The TBI-associated alternations in the expression of NKCC1, HIF-1α, VEGF, MAPK cascade, and CREB phosphorylation were analyzed by Western blot...
- The effects of ginsenoside Rg1 on chronic stress induced depression-like behaviors, BDNF expression and the phosphorylation of PKA and CREB in ratsZ Liu
Department of Physiology, Shandong University, School of Medicine, Wenhuaxilu Road, Jinan, Shandong Province 250012, PR China
Neuroscience 322:358-69. 2016..Moreover, levels of PKA and CREB phosphorylation and the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) were decreased in the amygdala of ..
- [Changes in the phosphorylation of cAMP response element binding protein in the rat nucleus accumbens after acute and chronic ethanol administration]Jing Li
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 55:147-52. 2003..the molecular basis of ethanol dependence, changes in the phosphorylation of cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) in the nucleus accumbens of rats after acute and chronic ethanol administration were detected using ..
- Expression of transcription factors CREB and c-Fos in the brains of terminal Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease casesA Rodriguez
Institut de Neuropatologia, Servei Anatomia Patològica, IDIBELL Hospital Universitari de Bellvitge, Universitat de Barcelona, Feixa Llarga sn, 08907 Hospitalet de Llobregat, Spain
Neurosci Lett 421:10-5. 2007Expression levels and localization of transcription factors cAMP response element binding protein (CREB(1) and CREB(2)) and c-Fos, as well as levels of up-stream mitogen-activated protein kinases/extracellular signal-regulated kinases (..
- Time window for voluntary exercise-induced increases in hippocampal neuroplasticity molecules after traumatic brain injury is severity dependentGrace S Griesbach
Division of Neurosurgery, University of California Los Angeles UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurotrauma 24:1161-71. 2007..Rats were sacrificed at PID 7, 21, or 37. BDNF, synapsin I, and cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) were analyzed within the ipsilateral hippocampus...
- Naloxone's pentapeptide binding site on filamin A blocks Mu opioid receptor-Gs coupling and CREB activation of acute morphineHoau Yan Wang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, City University of New York Medical School, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4282. 2009..ultra-low-dose NTX also attenuates the addictive properties of opioids, we assessed striatal cAMP production and CREB phosphorylation at S(133)...
- AMPK-dependent repression of hepatic gluconeogenesis via disruption of CREB.CRTC2 complex by orphan nuclear receptor small heterodimer partnerJi Min Lee
Hormone Research Center, School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 285:32182-91. 2010..that SHP inhibited protein kinase A-mediated transcriptional activity of cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB), a major regulator of glucose metabolism, to modulate hepatic gluconeogenic gene expression...
- PPARγ-mediated advanced glycation end products regulate neural stem cell proliferation but not neural differentiation through the BDNF-CREB pathwayShao Hua Wang
The Department of Endocrinology, Affiliated Zhongda Hospital of Southeast University, No 87 DingJiaQiao Road, Nanjing 210009, PR China
Toxicol Lett 206:339-46. 2011..To investigate the roles of PPARγ in advanced glycation end product (AGE)-mediated characteristics of neural stem cells (NSCs) and the molecular mechanisms of action...
- Nobiletin protects against cerebral ischemia via activating the p-Akt, p-CREB, BDNF and Bcl-2 pathway and ameliorating BBB permeability in ratLan Zhang
Department of Neurology, Second Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, Hebei 050000, PR China
Brain Res Bull 96:45-53. 2013There is cumulative evidence that the serine-threonine kinase Akt and its downstream nuclear transcription factor CREB are involved in neuronal survival and protection...
- CREB modulates calcium signaling in cAMP-induced bone marrow stromal cells (BMSCs)Linxia Zhang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824, United States
Cell Calcium 56:257-68. 2014..Concurrently, cAMP transiently activated the transcription factor cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) in BMSCs...
- Acupuncture stimulation improves scopolamine-induced cognitive impairment via activation of cholinergic system and regulation of BDNF and CREB expressions in ratsBombi Lee
Acupuncture and Meridian Science Research Center, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 26 Kyungheedae ro, Dongdaemun Gu, Seoul 130 701, Republic of Korea
BMC Complement Altern Med 14:338. 2014..We also investigated the effects of acupuncture stimulation at GV20 on the cholinergic system as well as the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) and cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB) in the hippocampus.
- Platelet-derived growth factor BB induces nuclear export and proteasomal degradation of CREB via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling in pulmonary artery smooth muscle cellsChrystelle V Garat
Cardiovascular Pulmonary Research, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Campus Box B 133, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4934-48. 2006Cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB) content is diminished in smooth muscle cells (SMCs) in remodeled pulmonary arteries from animals with pulmonary hypertension and in the SMC layers of atherogenic systemic arteries and ..
- Several transcription factors regulate COX-2 gene expression in pancreatic beta-cellsXiongfei Zhang
Key Laboratory of Human Functional Genomics of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing, PR China
Mol Biol Rep 34:199-206. 2007..Among these factors, cyclic AMP response-element binding protein (CREB), Ets family members Ets-1 and Elk-1 can positively regulate COX-2 promoter activity...
- Effects of A-CREB, a dominant negative inhibitor of CREB, on the expression of c-fos and other immediate early genes in the rat SON during hyperosmotic stimulation in vivoDaniel Lubelski
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, Molecular Neuroscience Section, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Brain Res 1429:18-28. 2012..These increases have usually been attributed to action of the cyclic-AMP Response Element Binding Protein (CREB)...
- Depletion of intracellular zinc induced apoptosis in cultured hippocampal neurons through Raf/MEK/ERK pathwaysWei Pang
Department of Nutrition, Institute of Hygiene and Environmental Medicine, Academy of Military Medical Science, Tianjin, China
Nutr Neurosci 15:18-24. 2012..It is possible that zinc depletion-induced apoptosis in cultured hippocampal neurons may be relevant to the changes of Raf/MEK/ERK signaling pathway...
- cAMP inhibits transforming growth factor-beta-stimulated collagen synthesis via inhibition of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 and Smad signaling in cardiac fibroblastsXiaoqiu Liu
Department of Pharmacology and the Vascular Biology Center of Excellence, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:1992-2003. 2006..with 10 microM forskolin or isoproterenol increased cAMP production and cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) phosphorylation in cardiac fibroblasts and inhibited serum- or TGF-beta-stimulated collagen synthesis by 37% or ..
- [Effects of intrathecal injection of U0126 on the expression of phospho-CREB in spinal cord of morphine-induced withdrawal rats]Hai Lin Liu
Department of Anesthesiology, 1st Hospital of Huai an, Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Huai An 223300, China
Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 23:5-8. 2007To explore effects of intrathecal injection of U0126 on morphine withdrawal response and the spinal Phospho-CREB expression in morphine-induced withdrawal rats.
- Corticotropin-releasing factor and urocortin I activate CREB through functionally selective Gβγ signaling in hippocampal pyramidal neuronsChristopher M Stern
Department of Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Eur J Neurosci 34:671-81. 2011..molecular mechanisms by which CRF and UCN induce phosphorylation of the activity-dependent transcription factor CREB, a molecule critical for numerous forms of neuronal plasticity...
- Phosphorylation of cyclic AMP-response element-binding protein (CREB) is influenced by melatonin treatment in pancreatic rat insulinoma β-cells (INS-1)Ivonne Bazwinsky-Wutschke
Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
J Pineal Res 53:344-57. 2012..In conclusion, the present study provides evidence that the phosphorylation level of CREB is modulated in pancreatic β-cells by melatonin...
- Sleep deprivation alters phosphorylated CREB levels in the amygdala: relationship with performance in a fear conditioning taskNadine Pinho
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Behav Brain Res 236:221-4. 2013..Moreover, 24h of sleep recovery prior to training prevented changes in both pCREB expression and performance...
- Novel testis germ cell-specific transcript of the CREB gene contains an alternatively spliced exon with multiple in-frame stop codonsG Waeber
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114
Endocrinology 131:2010-5. 1992The gene encoding the cAMP-responsive transcription factor CREB consists of multiple small exons some of which undergo alternative RNA splicing...
- Nucleotide and derived amino-acid sequences of the CRE-binding proteins from rat C6 glioma and HeLa cellsM L Short
Department of CMS Biology, Northwestern University Medical School and Cancer Center, Chicago, IL 60611
Nucleic Acids Res 19:4290. 1991
- Structural analyses of CREB-CBP transcriptional activator-coactivator complexes by NMR spectroscopy: implications for mapping the boundaries of structural domainsI Radhakrishnan
Department of Molecular Biology and The Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, 10550 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA, 92037, USA
J Mol Biol 287:859-65. 1999A number of signal-dependent and development-specific transcription factors recruit CREB binding protein (CBP) for their transactivation function. The KIX domain of CBP is a common docking site for many of these transcription factors...
- Identification and characterization of a tissue-specific coactivator, GT198, that interacts with the DNA-binding domains of nuclear receptorsLan Ko
Department of Gene Regulation, Bone and Inflammation Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:357-69. 2002..These data suggest that GT198 is a tissue-specific, kinase-regulated nuclear receptor coactivator that interacts with the DNA-binding domains of nuclear receptors...
- The coactivator PGC-1 is involved in the regulation of the liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase I gene expression by cAMP in combination with HNF4 alpha and cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB)Jean Francois Louet
Institut Cochin, Departement d Endocrinologie, 24 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 277:37991-8000. 2002..of this gene expression by cAMP in combination with HNF4 alpha and cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB)...
- Essential role of cAMP-response element-binding protein activation by A2A adenosine receptors in rescuing the nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth impaired by blockage of the MAPK cascadeHsiao Chun Cheng
Division of Neuroscience, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Biol Chem 277:33930-42. 2002..PKA, thus, appears to mediate the A(2A)-rescue effect. Results from cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB) phosphorylation at serine 133, trans-reporting assays, and overexpression of two dominant-negative CREB mutants ..
- Involvement of an upstream stimulatory factor as well as cAMP-responsive element-binding protein in the activation of brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene promoter IAkiko Tabuchi
Department of Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani 2630, Toyama, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:35920-31. 2002..CRE-binding protein (CREB) family transcription factors and USF1/USF2 bind to this overlapping site, depending upon their preferred sequences ..
- Localization and functional investigation of the transcription factor CREB in taste receptor cellsYu Cao
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, 305 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43218, USA
Neuroreport 13:1321-5. 2002..We investigated the presence of cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB), a stimulus-induced transcription factor, in taste receptor cells...
- Involvement of cyclic adenosine 5'-monophosphate response element-binding protein, steroidogenic factor 1, and Dax-1 in the regulation of gonadotropin-inducible ovarian transcription factor 1 gene expression by follicle-stimulating hormone in ovarian granTakashi Yazawa
Department of Biochemistry, Fukui Medical University, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
Endocrinology 144:1920-30. 2003..These results suggest that the synergistic action of CRE binding protein and SF-1 and the rapid down-regulation of Dax-1 are responsible for the acute induction of GIOT1 gene by gonadotropin...
- Transcriptional regulation of the promoter of the rat frizzled related protein gene by CREBJudy Wai Ping Yam
Department of Biology, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Hong Kong, China
Oncogene 22:3901-10. 2003..Further EMSA suggested CREB as the trans-acting factor in the DNA-protein complex, which was out competed by CREB consensus oligonucleotides ..
- Differential pattern of cAMP response element-binding protein activation in the rat brain after conditioned aversion as a function of the associative process engaged: taste versus context associationAline Desmedt
Department of Neurobiology, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot 76100, Israel
J Neurosci 23:6102-10. 2003Ample data indicate that cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB) is essential for the formation of long-term memory in various species and learning systems...
- Long-term effects of early-life malnutrition and status epilepticus: assessment by spatial navigation and CREB(Serine-133) phosphorylationLi Tung Huang
Department of Pediatrics, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, No 123, Ta Pei Road, Niao Sung, Kaohsiung 833, Taiwan
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 145:213-8. 2003..Collectively, the present results suggest that early-life malnutrition led to a reduced phosphorylation of CREB(Ser133) in hippocampal CA1 in the absence of the long-term spatial learning deficit...
- Role of basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) and CREB transcription factors in the regulation of Sertoli cell androgen-binding protein expressionMelissa A Saxlund
Center for Reproductive Biology, School of Molecular Biosciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington 99164 4231, USA
Mol Reprod Dev 68:269-78. 2004..by the binding and interactions of basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) and cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) to an E-box and cyclic AMP response element (CRE), respectively...
- Depolarization of skeletal muscle cells induces phosphorylation of cAMP response element binding protein via calcium and protein kinase CalphaCesar Cardenas
Centro de Estudios Moleculares de la Célula, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, Santiago 7, Chile
J Biol Chem 279:39122-31. 2004..signals that regulate the activity of transcription factors such as the cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB), jun, and fos...
- Testosterone activates mitogen-activated protein kinase and the cAMP response element binding protein transcription factor in Sertoli cellsCharity Fix
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:10919-24. 2004..These newly identified mechanisms of androgen action in Sertoli cells suggest new targets for developing male contraceptive agents...
- CREB phosphorylation and c-Fos expression in the hippocampus of rats during acquisition and recall of a socially transmitted food preferenceRenee A Countryman
Department of Psychology, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Hippocampus 15:56-67. 2005..The current results indicate that the activity of transcription factors in the hippocampus is related to both acquisition and retention of a socially transmitted food preference...
- Salt-inducible kinase-1 represses cAMP response element-binding protein activity both in the nucleus and in the cytoplasmYoshiko Katoh
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine H 1, Osaka University, Japan
Eur J Biochem 271:4307-19. 2004..To our surprise, the cytoplasmic mutants strongly repressed the CRE-binding protein (CREB) activity, the extent of repression being similar to that of SIK1(S577A), a mutant localized exclusively in the ..
- Activity-dependent neuroprotection and cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB): kinase coupling, stimulus intensity, and temporal regulation of CREB phosphorylation at serine 133Boyoung Lee
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Neurosci 25:1137-48. 2005..and nontoxic levels of NMDA receptor stimulation to activation of the cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB)/cAMP response element (CRE) pathway in cultured cortical neurons...
- LH/hCG-stimulated androgen production and selective HDL-cholesterol transport are inhibited by a dominant-negative CREB construct in primary cultures of rat theca-interstitial cellsRoberto Towns
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Endocrine 27:269-77. 2005..Ad)-mediated introduction of a dominant-negative analog of cyclic AMP response element binding protein (A-CREB) inhibits the stimulatory effect of LH/hCG on the selective uptake of high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-cholesterol ..
- NMDA receptors regulate developmental gap junction uncoupling via CREB signalingHarsha Arumugam
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70118, USA
Nat Neurosci 8:1720-6. 2005..of NMDA glutamate receptors, action potentials and the calcium-cyclic AMP response element binding protein (CREB), and are accelerated by CREB overexpression...
- A nitric oxide signaling pathway controls CREB-mediated gene expression in neuronsAntonella Riccio
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 725 North Wolfe Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Mol Cell 21:283-94. 2006Prevailing views of neurotrophin action hold that the transcription factor CREB is constitutively bound to target genes with transcriptional activation occurring via CREB phosphorylation...
- Involvement of ERK and CREB signaling pathways in the protective effect of PACAP in monosodium glutamate-induced retinal lesionBoglarka Racz
Department of Surgical Research, University of Pecs, 7624 Pecs, Szigeti u 12 Hungary
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1070:507-11. 2006..signal-regulated kinase (ERK1/2) and cyclic adenosine 3',5'-phosphate (cAMP)-responsive element binding protein (CREB) signaling pathways by Western blot analysis in retinal degeneration induced by MSG...
- Myotube depolarization generates reactive oxygen species through NAD(P)H oxidase; ROS-elicited Ca2+ stimulates ERK, CREB, early genesAlejandra Espinosa
Escuela de Tecnología Médica, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Cell Physiol 209:379-88. 2006..Minutes after Ca2+ signal initiation, an increase in ERK1/2 and CREB phosphorylation and of mRNA for the early genes c-fos and c-jun was detected...
- Estrogen rapidly modulates mustard oil-induced visceral hypersensitivity in conscious female rats: A role of CREB phosphorylation in spinal dorsal horn neuronsChing Liang Lu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, No 201, Sec 2, Shih Pai Rd, Taipei, Taiwan 11217
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G438-46. 2007..cAMP-responsive element-binding protein (CREB) and phosphorylated CREB (pCREB) were detected in the superficial dorsal horn of L6 and S1 in MO or mineral oil-..
- Phosphorylation of the cyclic AMP response element binding protein mediates transforming growth factor beta-induced downregulation of cyclin A in vascular smooth muscle cellsKentaro Kamiya
Department of Surgery, Weill Cornell Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 1002, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3489-98. 2007..gene through a cyclic AMP (cAMP) response element, which complexes with the cAMP response element binding protein (CREB)...
- Involvement of cAMP response element-binding protein in the regulation of cell proliferation and the prolactin promoter of lactotrophs in primary cultureMaho Ishida
Dept of Physiology, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, Univ of Yamanashi, 409 3898, Japan
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 293:E1529-37. 2007..The PKA-downstream transcription factor cAMP response element (CRE)-binding protein (CREB) is an integrating molecule that is also activated by many other protein kinase pathways...
- TRPC6 channels promote dendritic growth via the CaMKIV-CREB pathwayYilin Tai
Laboratory of Neural Signal Transduction, Institute of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes of Biological Sciences, State Key Laboratory of Neuroscience, The Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Science, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
J Cell Sci 121:2301-7. 2008..phosphorylation of Ca(2+)/calmodulin-dependent kinase IV (CaMKIV) and cAMP-response-element binding protein (CREB) and promoted dendritic growth in hippocampal cultures...
- CaMKII locally encodes L-type channel activity to signal to nuclear CREB in excitation-transcription couplingDamian G Wheeler
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 183:849-63. 2008....
- TOX3 regulates calcium-dependent transcription in neuronsShauna H Yuan
Department of Neuroscience and Neurobiology Section, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0366
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:2909-14. 2009..We find that TOX3 interacts with both cAMP response element (CRE)-binding protein (CREB) and CREB-binding protein (CBP), and knockdown of the endogenous TOX3 by RNAi leads to significant reduction of ..
- Pretreatment with a single estradiol-17beta bolus activates cyclic-AMP response element binding protein and protects CA1 neurons against global cerebral ischemiaA P Raval
Cerebral Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Neurology D4 5, Leonard M Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Neuroscience 160:307-18. 2009..neurons against global cerebral ischemia via activation of the cyclic-AMP response element binding protein (CREB)-mediated signaling cascade...
- Viral vector induction of CREB expression in the periaqueductal gray induces a predator stress-like pattern of changes in pCREB expression, neuroplasticity, and anxiety in rodentsRobert Adamec
Department of Psychology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3X9
Neural Plast 2009:904568. 2009Predator stress is lastingly anxiogenic. Phosphorylation of CREB to pCREB (phosphorylated cyclic AMP response element binding protein) is increased after predator stress in fear circuitry, including in the right lateral column of the PAG (..
- Morphine withdrawal regulates phosphorylation of cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) through PKC in the nucleus tractus solitarius-A2 catecholaminergic neuronsFátima Martín
Department of Pharmacology, University School of Medicine, Murcia 30100, Spain
J Neurochem 110:1422-32. 2009The transcription factor cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) has been implicated in the actions of drugs of abuse in several brain areas...
- 4'-Demethylnobiletin, a bioactive metabolite of nobiletin enhancing PKA/ERK/CREB signaling, rescues learning impairment associated with NMDA receptor antagonism via stimulation of the ERK cascadeMd Al Rahim
Laboratory of Pharmacotherapy, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tohoku University, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8578, Japan
Biochemistry 48:7713-21. 2009..a major metabolite of nobiletin identified in the urine of rats and mice, stimulates the phosphorylation of ERK and CREB and enhances CRE-mediated transcription by activating a PKA/MEK/ERK pathway, like nobiletin, in cultured ..
- Memory impairment in early sensorimotor deprived rats is associated with suppressed hippocampal neurogenesis and altered CREB signalingFei Li
Child Primary Care Department of Shanghai Children s Medical Center, Shanghai Jiao Tung University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Behav Brain Res 207:458-65. 2010..In this study we tested the hypothesis that altered cAMP response element binding (CREB) protein induction and activity-regulated cytoskeletal-associated gene (Arc) expression may underlie the ..
- Dramatic co-activation of WWOX/WOX1 with CREB and NF-kappaB in delayed loss of small dorsal root ganglion neurons upon sciatic nerve transection in ratsMeng Yen Li
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, National Cheng Kung University Medical College, Tainan, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 4:e7820. 2009..Here, we investigated the functional role of WOX1 and transcription factors in the delayed loss of axotomized neurons in dorsal root ganglia (DRG) in rats...
- The cAMP response element-binding protein in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis modulates the formalin-induced pain behavior in the female ratHiroko Hagiwara
Department of Physiology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Eur J Neurosci 30:2379-86. 2009..To determine the role of CREB in the BSTLD, adenovirus-mediated expression of a dominant-negative form of CREB (mCREB) was carried out...
- CREB downregulation in vascular disease: a common response to cardiovascular riskIrene E Schauer
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:733-41. 2010..the impact of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), an established mediator of atherosclerosis, on the transcription factor cAMP-response element-binding protein (CREB), which is a regulator of vascular smooth muscle cell (VSMC) quiescence.
- Activation of autophagy and Akt/CREB signaling play an equivalent role in the neuroprotective effect of rapamycin in neonatal hypoxia-ischemiaSilvia Carloni
Department of Drug and Health Science, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Urbino, Italy
Autophagy 6:366-77. 2010..The phosphorylation of Akt and cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) was increased in neuronal cells, and both p-Akt and p-CREB colocalized with Beclin 1...
- Striatal microRNA controls cocaine intake through CREB signallingJonathan A Hollander
Laboratory of Behavioral and Molecular Neuroscience, Department of Molecular Therapeutics, The Scripps Research Institute, Scripps Florida, Jupiter, Florida 33458, USA
Nature 466:197-202. 2010..of cocaine by markedly amplifying the stimulatory effects of the drug on cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) signalling...
- [Change of p-CREB after surgical incisional pain in rat spinal cord]Yulong Cui
Department of Anesthesiology, Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 35:833-9. 2010To explore the role of phosphorylation of cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) in the incision-induced pain hypersensitivity.
- T-type Ca²+ signalling regulates aldosterone-induced CREB activation and cell death through PP2A activation in neonatal cardiomyocytesLaurent Ferron
Departement de Recherche Medicale, Remodelage tissulaire et fonctionnel signalisation et physiopathologie CNRS UMR8162, Le Plessis Robinson, France
Cardiovasc Res 90:105-12. 2011....
- Sleep deprivation prevents stimulation-induced increases of levels of P-CREB and BDNF: protection by caffeineIbrahim A Alhaider
Department of Pharmacological and Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Houston, Houston, TX, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:742-51. 2011..frequency stimulation-induced increases in the levels of phosphorylated-cAMP response element binding protein (P-CREB) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) seen during the expression of late phase long-term potentiation (L-..
- NR2B-containing NMDA receptors promote neural progenitor cell proliferation through CaMKIV/CREB pathwayMei Li
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Xuzhou Medical College, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 411:667-72. 2011..levels of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV (CaMKIV) and cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) were increased by NMDA treatment, whereas Ro 25-6981 decreased them...
- Involvement of cAMP-response element binding protein in corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF)-induced down-regulation of CRF receptor 1 gene expression in rat anterior pituitary cellsY Kasagi
Department of Bioregulation, Nippon Medical School, Kawasaki, Japan
J Neuroendocrinol 14:587-92. 2002..pretreatment with 10 microM of antisense oligodeoxynucleotide for cyclic AMP-response element binding protein (CREB), the CRF-induced inhibition of CRF-R1 mRNA was partially decreased to 79+/-4% of the control level 2 h after ..
- Amyloid beta -peptide inhibition of the PKA/CREB pathway and long-term potentiation: reversibility by drugs that enhance cAMP signalingOttavio V Vitolo
Taub Institute for Research on Alzheimer s Disease and the Aging Brain and Department of Genetics and Development, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13217-21. 2002..Consistent with this, CREB phosphorylation in response to glutamate is decreased, and the decrease is reversed by rolipram, a ..
- Calcium-dependent dephosphorylation of brain mitochondrial calcium/cAMP response element binding protein (CREB)Rosemary A Schuh
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Neurochem 92:388-94. 2005Calcium-mediated signaling regulates nuclear gene transcription by calcium/cAMP response element binding protein (CREB) via calcium-dependent kinases and phosphatases...
- cAMP responsive element-binding protein phosphorylation is necessary for perirhinal long-term potentiation and recognition memoryE Clea Warburton
Medical Research Council Centre for Synaptic Plasticity, Department of Anatomy, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1 TD, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 25:6296-303. 2005We established the importance of phosphorylation of cAMP responsive element-binding protein (CREB) to both the familiarity discrimination component of long-term recognition memory and plasticity within the perirhinal cortex of the ..
- CAAT/enhancer-binding protein delta and cAMP-response element-binding protein mediate inducible expression of the nerve growth factor gene in the central nervous systemChristine Seitz McCauslin
Laboratory of Protein Dynamics and Signaling, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Frederick, MD 21702 1201, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17681-8. 2006..we have further defined the function of C/EBPdelta and identified a role for cAMP response element-binding protein (CREB) in NGF transcription...
- Amygdala, CREB, and Neuropathic Pain FacilitationJENNIFER PETTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..SNI) model of peripheral mononeuropathy, the experiments in this proposal will test hypotheses that NMDA- and CREB-dependent mechanisms in the CeA contribute to chronic neuropathic pain...
- GENETICS OF RECURRENT EARLY-ONSET DEPRESSION (GENRED)GEORGE ZUBENKO; Fiscal Year: 2002..A timetable is proposed for rapid sharing of all biological materials, blinded clinical data, genotypes and linkage analyses with the scientific community through the NIMH-sponsored Center for Genetic Studies. ..
- BIOLOGICAL MARKER FOR PRIMARY DEMENTIA IN THE ELDERLYGEORGE ZUBENKO; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Voluntary Exercise Therapy after Traumatic Brain InjuryGRACE GRIESBACH; Fiscal Year: 2006..In order to address these specific aims, I will utilize the lateral fluid-percussion injury model in rats and voluntary running wheel exposure. Protein, gene, histological and behavioral studies will be conducted. ..
- Regulation of the CART gene by promoter cis-elementsGeorge Rogge; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we will evaluate the potential contribution of the TF CREB to CART gene transcription by performing chromatin immunoprecipitaion on cross-linked rat NAc tissue...
- MORPHOLOGIC/NEUROCHEMICAL CORRELATES OF DEPRESSION IN ADGEORGE ZUBENKO; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms Underlying the Cognitive Function of SleepSubimal Datta; Fiscal Year: 2009..during REM sleep stimulates the post-synaptic cAMP/protein kinase A/cAMP response element binding protein (cAMP/PKA/CREB) pathway in the dorsal hippocampus as part of REM sleep-dependent memory processing...