Gene Symbol: Corin
Description: corin, serine peptidase
Alias: atrial natriuretic peptide-converting enzyme, pro-ANP-converting enzyme
- Corin is down-regulated and exerts cardioprotective action via activating pro-atrial natriuretic peptide pathway in diabetic cardiomyopathyAiming Pang
Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Center, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin, 300020, China
Cardiovasc Diabetol 14:134. 2015..b>Corin, a cardiac serine protease, is responsible for converting pro-atrial natriuretic peptide (pro-ANP) to biologically ..
- Rat corin gene: molecular cloning and reduced expression in experimental heart failureThomas H Langenickel
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin 13092, Germany
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H1516-21. 2004..b>Corin is a serin protease with pro-ANP-converting properties and may be the rate-limiting enzyme in ANP release...
- Upregulation of corin gene expression in hypertrophic cardiomyocytes and failing myocardiumKatherine L Tran
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Berlex Biosciences, 2600 Hilltop Drive, Richmond, CA 94804, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H1625-31. 2004..Recently, we have identified a cardiac serine protease, corin, that is the pro-ANP convertase...
- Corin gene minor allele defined by 2 missense mutations is common in blacks and associated with high blood pressure and hypertensionDaniel L Dries
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas at Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, USA
Circulation 112:2403-10. 2005The natriuretic peptide system contributes to blood pressure regulation. Atrial and brain natriuretic peptides are cleaved into smaller biologically active molecules by corin, a transmembrane serine protease expressed in cardiomyocytes.
- Scar myofibroblasts of the infarcted rat heart express natriuretic peptidesAngelino Calderone
Department of Physiology, University of Montreal, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Cell Physiol 207:165-73. 2006..myofibroblasts, alpha-myosin heavy chain mRNA was undetectable, whereas ANP, BNP, as well as adrenomedullin and corin mRNA expression persisted...
- The serine protease corin in cardiovascular biology and diseaseQingyu Wu
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Front Biosci 12:4179-90. 2007b>Corin is a type II transmembrane serine protease expressed primarily in the heart...
- Role of glycosylation in corin zymogen activationXudong Liao
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Biol Chem 282:27728-35. 2007The cardiac serine protease corin is the pro-atrial natriuretic peptide convertase. Corin is made as a zymogen, which is activated by proteolytic cleavage...
- Decreased renal corin expression contributes to sodium retention in proteinuric kidney diseasesDanny Polzin
Institute of Anatomy, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Kidney Int 78:650-9. 2010..Microarray analysis identified a reduction in kidney corin mRNA expression in rat models of puromycin aminonucleoside-induced nephrotic syndrome and acute anti-Thy1 ..
- Genetic Determinants of Hypertension, LVH, and CHFDaniel Dries; Fiscal Year: 2006..to the cardiac hormonal signaling pathways (the gene for ANP, BNP, the type A and C cardiac hormone receptors, and corin)...