Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Col4a1
Description: collagen type IV alpha 1 chain
Alias: collagen alpha-1(IV) chain, alpha 1 type IV collagen, collagen, type IV, alpha 1, procollagen, type IV, alpha 1
- Effects of angiotensin II intervention on MMP-2, MMP-9, TIMP-1, and collagen expression in rats with pulmonary hypertensionX M Wang
Department of Pediatric Cardiology, Chengdu Women s and Children s Central Hospital, Chengdu, China
Genet Mol Res 14:1707-17. 2015..Real-time fluorescent quantitative PCR was used to detect MMP2, MMP9, TIMP1, COL1A1, and COL4A1 mRNA expression. Picro-sirius red staining was performed to detect collagen protein expression...
- Type I collagen gel modulates extracellular matrix synthesis and deposition by tracheal epithelial cellsE A Davenport
Laboratory of Pulmonary Pathobiology, Airway Cell Biology Group, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Exp Cell Res 223:155-62. 1996..These date demonstrate that ECM RNA and protein expression by RTE cells in ALI cultures are down-regulated by type I collagen gel whereas differentiation and ECM deposition are accelerated and enhanced on type I collagen gel...
- Structure of the rat collagen IV promoterJ P Grande
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1309:85-8. 1996..Our results suggest that transcriptional efficiency of the bidirectional promoter is more efficient in the alpha 2 (IV) direction than in the alpha 1 (IV) direction...
- Neonatal porencephaly and adult stroke related to mutations in collagen IV A1Marjo S van der Knaap
Department of Child Neurology, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Neurol 59:504-11. 2006..The objective of this study was to describe leukoencephalopathy, lacunar infarcts, microbleeds and macrobleeds in the context of a collagen IV A1 mutation...
- Role of COL4A1 in small-vessel disease and hemorrhagic strokeDouglas B Gould
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Bar Harbor, ME, USA
N Engl J Med 354:1489-96. 2006..In this report, we show that a mutation in the mouse Col4a1 gene, encoding procollagen type IV alpha1, predisposes both newborn and adult mice to intracerebral hemorrhage...
- A possible role of thioredoxin interacting protein in the pathogenesis of streptozotocin-induced diabetic nephropathyYasuhiro Hamada
Division of Nephrology and Dialysis Center, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
Kobe J Med Sci 53:53-61. 2007..In addition, the expression of Type IV collagen alpha1 chain (Col4A1), Transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta), and Txnip were evaluated by real-time polymerase chain reaction...
- Genetic risk for myocardial infarction determined by polymorphisms of candidate genes in a Japanese populationY Yamada
Department of Human Functional Genomics, Life Science Research Center, Mie University, 1577 Kurima machiya, Tsu, Mie 514 8507, Japan
J Med Genet 45:216-21. 2008..Although several environmental factors influence the development of myocardial infarction (MI), genetic factors have been shown to contribute to individual susceptibility to this condition...
- Antibody blockade of c-fms suppresses the progression of inflammation and injury in early diabetic nephropathy in obese db/db miceA K H Lim
Department of Nephrology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Diabetologia 52:1669-79. 2009..Therefore, we used c-fms blockade as a strategy to selectively target macrophage-mediated injury during the progression of diabetic nephropathy...
- Regulation of type IV collagen alpha chains of glomerular epithelial cells in diabetic conditionsTae Sun Ha
Department of Pediatrics, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 24:837-43. 2009....