Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cnr1
Description: cannabinoid receptor 1
Alias: SKR6R, cannabinoid receptor 1, CB-R, CB1, brain-type cannabinoid receptor, cannabinoid receptor 1 (brain)
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Endogenous cannabinoids mediate retrograde signalling at hippocampal synapsesR I Wilson
Nature 410:588-92. 2001Marijuana affects brain function primarily by activating the G-protein-coupled cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1), which is expressed throughout the brain at high levels...
- Endocannabinoid signaling in rat somatosensory cortex: laminar differences and involvement of specific interneuron typesAgnes L Bodor
Department of Cellular and Network Neurobiology, Institute of Experimental Medicine, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, H 1450 Budapest, Hungary
J Neurosci 25:6845-56. 2005..in the neocortex, the precise laminar, cellular, and subcellular localization of the type 1 cannabinoid receptor (CB1) as well as its function has been elusive...
- The CB1 cannabinoid receptor is the major cannabinoid receptor at excitatory presynaptic sites in the hippocampus and cerebellumYoshinobu Kawamura
Department of Cellular Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita 565 0871, Japan
J Neurosci 26:2991-3001. 2006..It is generally accepted that the CB1 cannabinoid receptor (CB1) mediates the effects of endocannabinoid in inhibitory synapses...
- Mechanisms for synapse specificity during striatal long-term depressionSheela Singla
Nancy Pritzker Laboratory, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University School of Medicine, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
J Neurosci 27:5260-4. 2007..at excitatory synapses on medium spiny neurons in the striatum requires presynaptic activity coincident with CB1 receptor activation...
- The endocannabinoid system is modulated in response to spinal cord injury in ratsDaniel Garcia-Ovejero
Laboratorio de Neuroinflamacion, Unidad de Neurología Experimental Research Unit associated to the Instituto Cajal, CSIC, Madrid, Hospital Nacional de Paraplejicos, Toledo, Spain
Neurobiol Dis 33:57-71. 2009..CB(2) receptor was strongly upregulated after lesion, and mostly expressed by immune infiltrates and astrocytes. The endocannabinoid system may represent an interesting target for new therapeutical approaches to spinal cord injury...
- Temporal characterization of changes in hippocampal cannabinoid CB(1) receptor expression following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticusKatherine W Falenski
Department of Neurology, Virginia Commonwealth University, PO Box 980599, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Brain Res 1262:64-72. 2009..This suggests a role for dysregulation of the endocannabinoid system during epileptogenesis and indicates that the CB(1) receptor redistribution temporally correlates with the emergence of epileptic seizures...
- Anandamide-induced cell death: dual effects in primary rat decidual cell culturesB M Fonseca
Serviço de Bioquímica, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade do Porto, Porto, Portugal
Placenta 30:686-92. 2009..Moreover, these effects were attenuated by AM251, a selective antagonist for the cannabinoid receptor CB1. High concentrations induced a dramatic effect in cell viability and morphology, though methyl-beta-cyclodextrin (..
- Cannabinoid CB(1) and adenosine A(1) receptors independently inhibit hippocampal synaptic transmissionAndré Serpa
Institute of Pharmacology and Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
Eur J Pharmacol 623:41-6. 2009....
- Palatable high-energy diet decreases the expression of cannabinoid type 1 receptor messenger RNA in specific brain regions in the ratE Timofeeva
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, l Université Laval, Quebec, Canada
J Neuroendocrinol 21:982-92. 2009..Altogether, the present results demonstrate that long-term PHED leads to an increase in the hypothalamic expression of SOCS-3 mRNA and a decrease in expression of CB1R mRNA in the Cg cortex and specific hypothalamic regions...
- In vivo type 1 cannabinoid receptor mapping in the 6-hydroxydopamine lesion rat model of Parkinson's diseaseCindy Casteels
Division of Nuclear Medicine, KU Leuven and University Hospital Leuven, Belgium
Brain Res 1316:153-62. 2010Type 1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptors are expressed in high concentrations in the central nervous system, including the basal ganglia, and could have direct or indirect effects on motor behavior through modulation of dopaminergic, ..
- Cannabinoid CB(1) receptor expression and affinity in the rat hippocampus following bilateral vestibular deafferentationJean Ha Baek
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, P O Box 913, Dunedin, New Zealand
Neurosci Lett 487:330-4. 2011..These results suggest that the CB(1) receptor down-regulates in the CA3 region of the hippocampus following BVD, but with no changes in the affinity of the CB(1) receptor for WIN55,212-2...
- Dietary conditions and highly palatable food access alter rat cannabinoid receptor expression and binding densityNicholas T Bello
Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Physiol Behav 105:720-6. 2012Endogenous cannabinoid signaling, mediated predominately by CB1 receptor activation, is involved in food intake control and body weight regulation...
- An essential role for constitutive endocytosis, but not activity, in the axonal targeting of the CB1 cannabinoid receptorNeil A McDonald
Neurosciences Institute, Division of Pathology and Neuroscience, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, University of Dundee, Dundee, DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Mol Pharmacol 71:976-84. 2007..These data are consistent with a revised model in which domain-specific endocytosis regulates the functional polarization of CB(1) receptors, but this process is distinct from constitutive activity...
- Structure of a cannabinoid receptor and functional expression of the cloned cDNAL A Matsuda
Laboratory of Cell Biology, National Institutes of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892
Nature 346:561-4. 1990..These findings suggest that this protein is involved in cannabinoid-induced CNS effects (including alterations in mood and cognition) experienced by users of marijuana...
- Association of a CB1 cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) polymorphism with severe alcohol dependenceLutz G Schmidt
Department of Psychiatry, University of Mainz, Untere Zahlbacher Strasse 8, D 55131, Mainz, Germany
Drug Alcohol Depend 65:221-4. 2002..a silent polymorphism (1359G/A; Thr453Thr) in the single coding exon of the CB1 human cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) was analysed in 121 severely affected Caucasian alcoholics and 136 most likely non-alcoholic controls...
- Gastric antisecretory role and immunohistochemical localization of cannabinoid receptors in the rat stomachMaristella Adami
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 135:1598-606. 2002..However, the ineffectiveness of atropine in reducing the effect of HU-210 suggests that the release of non cholinergic excitatory neurotransmitters may be regulated by CB(1) receptors...
- The endocannabinoid system protects rat glioma cells against HIV-1 Tat protein-induced cytotoxicity. Mechanism and regulationGiuseppe Esposito
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131 Naples, Italy
J Biol Chem 277:50348-54. 2002..These findings show that the endocannabinoid system, through the modulation of the l-arginine/NO pathway, reduces HIV-1 Tat-induced cytotoxicity, and is itself regulated by HIV-1 Tat...
- Increase of cannabinoid CB1 receptor density in the hippocampus of streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsJoao M N Duarte
Center for Neurosciences of Coimbra, University of Coimbra, 3004 504 Coimbra, Portugal Institute of Biochemistry, University of Coimbra, 3004 504 Coimbra, Portugal
Exp Neurol 204:479-84. 2007....
- Design logic of a cannabinoid receptor signaling network that triggers neurite outgrowthKenneth D Bromberg
Department of Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Science 320:903-9. 2008b>Cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) regulates neuronal differentiation...
- Cannabinoids reduce granuloma-associated angiogenesis in rats by controlling transcription and expression of mast cell protease-5D De Filippis
Endocannabinoids Research Group, Dipartimento di Farmacologia Sperimentale, via D Montesano 49, Naples, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 154:1672-9. 2008..Here, we tested the effect of selective cannabinoid (CB) receptor agonists in a model of angiogenesis-dependent granuloma formation induced by lambda-carrageenin in rats...
- Pharmacological activation of CB1 and D2 receptors in rats: predominant role of CB1 in the increase of alcohol relapseFrancisco Alen
Department of Psychobiology, Faculty of Psychology, Campus de Somosaguas, Complutense University of Madrid, 28223, Madrid, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 27:3292-8. 2008..Recently, different studies have explored the role of the CB1 receptor in alcohol-related behavior. In alcohol addiction, relapse is one of the central features...
- Opposite action of hippocampal CB1 receptors in memory reconsolidation and extinctionL de Oliveira Alvares
Departamento de Biofisica, Laboratório de Psicobiologia e Neurocomputação, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Neuroscience 154:1648-55. 2008..Bilateral infusion of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist, N-(piperidin-1-yl)-5-(4-iodophenyl)-1-(2, 4-dichlorophenyl)-4-methyl-1H-pyrazole-3-..
- Leptin receptor deficiency is associated with upregulation of cannabinoid 1 receptors in limbic brain regionsPanayotis K Thanos
Behavioral Neuropharmacology and Neuroimaging Lab, Department of Medicine, Brookhaven National Lab, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Synapse 62:637-42. 2008..These results are consistent with prior findings showing increased levels of endogenous cannabinoids in the Ob rats corroborating the regulation of cannabinoid signaling by leptin...
- The CB1 receptor antagonist, SR141716A, prevents high-frequency stimulation-induced reduction of feedback inhibition in the rat dentate gyrus following perforant path stimulation in vivoDavid M Sokal
Department of Biology, Psychiatry CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline Medicines Research Centre, Via A Fleming 4, Verona, Italy
Brain Res 1223:50-8. 2008..We suggest that CB(1) activation during HFS of the medial perforant path increases glutamate release from perforant path synapses, but inhibits release of GABA from local circuit interneurons...
- Origin, early commitment, migratory routes, and destination of cannabinoid type 1 receptor-containing interneuronsYury M Morozov
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine and Kavli Institute for Neuroscience, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Cereb Cortex 19:i78-89. 2009..Thus, the specific subclasses of CB(1)+ inhibitory interneurons, similar to the projection neurons, are determined at the time and place of last cell division and follow their own complex migratory pattern to the final positions...
- Cannabinoid receptor type 1 expression during postnatal development of the rat retinaN Zabouri
Laboratoire des Neurosciences de la Vision, Ecole d Optometrie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Comp Neurol 519:1258-80. 2011..Overall these results indicate that, as shown in other structures of the brain, CB1R could play an instrumental role in the development and function of the retina...
- Pro-epileptic effects of the cannabinoid receptor antagonist SR141716 in a model of audiogenic epilepsyLyudmila V Vinogradova
Institute of Higher Nervous Activity and Neurophysiology RAS, Butlerova Street 5A, 117485 Moscow, Russia
Epilepsy Res 96:250-6. 2011Endocannabinoid system and its CB1 receptors are suggested to provide endogeneous protection against seizures...
- Early endogenous activation of CB1 and CB2 receptors after spinal cord injury is a protective response involved in spontaneous recoveryAngel Arevalo-Martin
Laboratorio de Neuroinflamacion, Hospital Nacional de Paraplejicos, SESCAM, Toledo, Spain
PLoS ONE 7:e49057. 2012..Since 2-AG and AEA act through CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors, we administered at 20 minutes after lesion a single injection of their respective ..
- Age of stress exposure modulates the immediate and sustained effects of repeated stress on corticolimbic cannabinoid CB₁ receptor binding in male ratsT T Y Lee
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Cell Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Neuroscience 249:106-14. 2013Chronic stress is known to modulate cannabinoid CB1 receptor binding densities in corticolimbic structures, in a region-dependent manner; however, the ontogeny of these changes and the degree to which they recover following exposure to ..
- Cannabinoid receptor 1 inhibition improves cardiac function and remodelling after myocardial infarction and in experimental metabolic syndromeSvetlana Slavic
Center for Cardiovascular Research CCR and Institute of Pharmacology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Hessische Strasse 3 4, 10115 Berlin, Germany
J Mol Med (Berl) 91:811-23. 2013The cannabinoid receptors, CB1 and CB2, are expressed in the heart, but their role under pathological conditions remains controversial...
- Real-time characterization of cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1 ) allosteric modulators reveals novel mechanism of actionErin E Cawston
Centre for Brain Research and Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Br J Pharmacol 170:893-907. 2013The cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1 ) has an allosteric binding site...
- Sex, drugs, and adult neurogenesis: sex-dependent effects of escalating adolescent cannabinoid exposure on adult hippocampal neurogenesis, stress reactivity, and amphetamine sensitizationTiffany T Y Lee
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hippocampus 24:280-92. 2014..We investigated whether escalating doses of the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1 R) agonist, HU-210, in adolescence would affect adult hippocampal neurogenesis and behavioral ..
- Cannabinoid type 1 receptors transiently silence glutamatergic nerve terminals of cultured cerebellar granule cellsJorge Ramírez-Franco
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 9:e88594. 2014..These results suggest that prolonged stimulation of cannabinoid receptors can transiently silence glutamatergic nerve terminals. ..
- The PVH as a site of CB1-mediated stimulation of thermogenesis by MC4R agonism in male ratsBoris Monge-Roffarello
Centre de Recherche de l Institut Universitaire de Cardiologie et de Pneumologie de Quebec, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G5
Endocrinology 155:3448-58. 2014The present study was designed to investigate the involvement of the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) in the stimulating effects of the melanocortin-4 receptor (MC4R) agonism on whole-body and brown adipose tissue (BAT) thermogenesis...
- Anandamide drives cell cycle progression through CB1 receptors in a rat model of synchronized liver regenerationSimona Pisanti
Department of Medicine and Surgery, University of Salerno, Baronissi, Salerno, Italy
J Cell Physiol 230:2905-14. 2015..An anti-proliferative action of CB1 signaling blockade in neurogenesis and angiogenesis argues in favor of proliferation-promoting functions of ..
- Evidence against a critical role of CB1 receptors in adaptation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and other consequences of daily repeated stressCristina Rabasa
Institut de Neurociències and Unitat de Fisiologia Animal Facultat de Biociències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Barcelona, Spain Red Temática de Investigación Cooperativa en Salud RETICS Trastornos Adictivos, Madrid, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 25:1248-59. 2015..Recent data in rats suggest that eCBs, acting through CB1 receptors (CB1R), may be involved in adaptation of the HPA axis to daily repeated stress...
- Inhibition of the regulator of G protein signalling RGS4 in the spinal cord decreases neuropathic hyperalgesia and restores cannabinoid CB1 receptor signallingBarbara Bosier
Neuropharmacology Group, Institute of Neuroscience, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Brussels, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 172:5333-46. 2015....
- Activation of PAR1 in the lateral hypothalamus of rats enhances food intake and REMS through CB1RMarcel Pérez-Morales
Laboratory of Cannabinoids, Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, National Autonomus University of Mexico UNAM, DF, Mexico
Neuroreport 23:814-8. 2012..synaptic retrograde signaling through the endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol, thereby activating the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R)...
- Cannabinoid receptor agonists potentiate action potential-independent release of GABA in the dentate gyrus through a CB1 receptor-independent mechanismMackenzie E Hofmann
Department of Pharmacodynamics, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Physiol 589:3801-21. 2011..The effect of WIN55,212-2 on mIPSCs is insensitive to AM251 and preserved in CB1 −/− animals,indicating that it does not depend on activation of CB1 receptors...
- Changes in the cannabinoid (CB1) receptor expression level and G-protein activation in kainic acid induced seizuresEngin Bojnik
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Centre, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Temesvari krt 62, 6726 Szeged, Hungary
Epilepsy Res 99:64-8. 2012..Furthermore, gene expression levels of the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) receptor and cannabinoid receptor interacting protein 1 (CRIP1) were measured by RT-PCR, where both ..
- Distribution of CB1 cannabinoid receptors and their relationship with mu-opioid receptors in the rat periaqueductal grayA R Wilson-Poe
Department of Neuroscience, Washington State University, 14204 NE Salmon Creek Avenue, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
Neuroscience 213:191-200. 2012..Moreover, microinjection of the cannabinoid 1 (CB1) receptor agonist HU-210 into the PAG enhances the antinociceptive effect of subsequent morphine injections, ..
- TRPV1-mediated calcium signal couples with cannabinoid receptors and sodium-calcium exchangers in rat odontoblastsMaki Tsumura
Oral Health Science Center hrc8, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Cell Calcium 52:124-36. 2012..Increase in [Ca(2+)](i) by CB receptor agonist, 2-arachidonylglycerol, was inhibited by CB1 receptor antagonist or CPZ, as well as by adenylyl cyclase inhibitor...
- Angiotensin II induces vascular endocannabinoid release, which attenuates its vasoconstrictor effect via CB1 cannabinoid receptorsMaria Szekeres
Department of Physiology, Semmelweis University, H 1444 Budapest, Hungary
J Biol Chem 287:31540-50. 2012....
- Somatostatin receptor 5 and cannabinoid receptor 1 activation inhibit secretion of glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide from intestinal K cells in rodentsC E Moss
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 139, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 0XY, UK
Diabetologia 55:3094-103. 2012..In view of the proadipogenic actions of GIP, this study aimed to identify pathways in K cells that lower cAMP levels and GIP secretion...
- Intermittent ethanol consumption depresses endocannabinoid-signaling in the dorsolateral striatum of ratLouise Adermark
Addiction Biology Unit, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Department of Psychiatry and Neurochemistry, University of Gothenburg, Box 410, 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
Neuropharmacology 61:1160-5. 2011..In conclusion, alcohol consumption inhibits striatal eCB signaling in a way that could be of importance for understanding the neurological underpinnings of addictive behavior...
- Cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1R) signaling regulates hepatic gluconeogenesis via induction of endoplasmic reticulum-bound transcription factor cAMP-responsive element-binding protein H (CREBH) in primary hepatocytesDipanjan Chanda
National Creative Research Initiatives Center for Nuclear Receptor Signals, Hormone Research Center, School of Biological Sciences and Technology, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 286:27971-9. 2011....
- Cannabinoid receptor 1 inhibition causes seizures during anesthesia induction in experimental sepsisInga Küster
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Ernst Moritz Arndt University Greifswald, Greifswald, Germany
Anesth Analg 114:1217-9. 2012We report on seizures during anesthesia induction in animals treated with a cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1R) antagonist for experimental sepsis...
- Striatal CB1 and D2 receptors regulate expression of each other, CRIP1A and δ opioid systemsLawrence C Blume
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University Health Sciences, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Neurochem 124:808-20. 2013Although biochemical and physiological evidence suggests a strong interaction between striatal CB1 cannabinoid (CB1 R) and D2 dopamine (D2 R) receptors, the mechanisms are poorly understood...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptors mediate the effects of corticotropin-releasing factor on the reinstatement of cocaine seeking and expression of cocaine-induced behavioural sensitizationD A Kupferschmidt
Centre for the Neurobiology of Stress, Department of Psychology, University of Toronto Scarborough, Toronto, ON, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 167:196-206. 2012..The present experiments were designed to probe functional interactions between endocannabinoids and CRF by testing the role of cannabinoid CB(1) receptors in cocaine-related behaviours induced or mediated by CRF...
- Determination of the cannabinoid receptors in mouse x rat hybridoma NG108-15 cells and rat GH4C1 cellsB Y Ho
Department of Pharmacology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Neurosci Lett 212:123-6. 1996..The CB1 but not the CB2 or CB1A cannabinoid receptor was found in both cell lines...
- Cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1): association with i.v. drug useD E Comings
Department of Medical Genetics, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Mol Psychiatry 2:161-8. 1997..A microsatellite polymorphism (AAT)n at the cannabinoid CB1 (brain) receptor gene (CNR1) consists of 9 alleles...
- Schizophrenia and the cannabinoid receptor type 1 (CB1): association study using a single-base polymorphism in coding exon 1S Leroy
INSERM E 0117 Université Paris V, Service Hospitalo Universitaire de Santé Mentale et Thérapeutique, Hopital Sainte Anne, Paris, France
Am J Med Genet 105:749-52. 2001..Cannabinoid receptor (CB1) is particularly concentrated in dopamine-modulated areas of the nervous system...
- CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors are implicated in inflammatory painN Clayton
Department of Neurology, GlaxoWellcome Research and Development Ltd, Gunnels Wood Road, SG1 2NY, Stevenage, UK
Pain 96:253-60. 2002..p. (in the carrageenan model). The selective CB1 antagonist, AM281 (0.5 microg/kg-1 i.p.) reversed effects of HU210 (10 and 30 microg/kg-1 i.p...
- An endogenous capsaicin-like substance with high potency at recombinant and native vanilloid VR1 receptorsSusan M Huang
Departments of Psychology and Neuroscience, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:8400-5. 2002..5 +/- 0.3 microg). Our data demonstrate the existence of a brain substance similar to capsaicin not only with respect to its chemical structure but also to its potency at VR1 receptors...
- Neuronal and astrocytic localization of the cannabinoid receptor-1 in the dorsal horn of the rat spinal cordChiara Salio
CNRS UMR 7101, Neurobiologie des Signaux Intercellulaires, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, 7 quai Saint Bernard, 75252 Cedex 05, Paris, France
Neurosci Lett 329:13-6. 2002Cannabinoids are involved in the control of pain at the spinal level through the cannabinoid receptor-1 (CB1) localized pre- and postsynaptically on primary afferent fibres and dorsal horn interneurones, respectively...
- Down-regulation of cannabinoid-1 (CB-1) receptors in specific extrahypothalamic regions of rats with dietary obesity: a role for endogenous cannabinoids in driving appetite for palatable food?Joanne A Harrold
Diabetes Endocrinology Research Group, Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
Brain Res 952:232-8. 2002..However, cannabinoids in the hypothalamus do not appear to influence this aspect of eating behaviour...
- Homology model of the CB1 cannabinoid receptor: sites critical for nonclassical cannabinoid agonist interactionJoong Youn Shim
Department of Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC 29208, USA
Biopolymers 71:169-89. 2003..The present study provides a consistent framework for further investigation of the CB(1) receptor-ligand interaction and for the study of CB(1) receptor activation...
- Potential role of the cannabinoid receptor CB1 in rapid eye movement sleep reboundL Navarro
Grupo de Neurociencias, Departamento de Fisiologia, Apdo Postal 70 250, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico, Mexico
Neuroscience 120:855-9. 2003..One group deprived of REM sleep was treated with SR141716A, a cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) receptor antagonist and then allowed to sleep for the next 4 h...
- Upregulation of spinal cannabinoid-1-receptors following nerve injury enhances the effects of Win 55,212-2 on neuropathic pain behaviors in ratsGrewo Lim
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, MGH Pain Center, WACC 324, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 15 Parkman Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pain 105:275-83. 2003..These results indicate that upregulation of spinal CB1Rs following peripheral nerve injury may contribute to the therapeutic effects of exogenous cannabinoids on neuropathic pain...
- Mediation of amphetamine-induced long-term depression of synaptic transmission by CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the rat amygdalaYa Chun Huang
Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Neurosci 23:10311-20. 2003..by dopamine, serotonin 1A, and norepinephrine alpha2 receptor antagonists but is blocked by the cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist AM251...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor and serotonin 3 receptor subunit A (5-HT3A) are co-expressed in GABA neurons in the rat telencephalonMarisela Morales
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Cellular Neurophysiology, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Comp Neurol 468:205-16. 2004..histochemistry, we found co-expression of the functional 5-HT3A subunit of the 5-HT3 receptor and the central CB1 cannabinoid receptor in neurons of the rat telencephalon...
- Evidence for an interaction between CB1 cannabinoid and melanocortin MCR-4 receptors in regulating food intakeA N A Verty
School of Psychology, University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales 2351, Australia
Endocrinology 145:3224-31. 2004..These results further suggested that CB(1) receptors are located downstream from melanocortin receptors and CB(1) receptor signaling is necessary to prevent the melanocortin system from altering food intake...
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor protein expression in the rat choroid plexus: a possible involvement of cannabinoids in the regulation of cerebrospinal fluidJohn C Ashton
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Otago Medical School, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Neurosci Lett 364:40-2. 2004Cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the brain are expressed on axon terminals presynaptic to neurons that express fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH). Postsynaptic FAAH catabolizes endocannabinoids which act as short-range transmitters...
- Endocannabinoids acting at cannabinoid-1 receptors regulate cardiovascular function in hypertensionSandor Batkai
Laboratory of Physiologic Studies, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 8115, USA
Circulation 110:1996-2002. 2004..Endocannabinoids are novel lipid mediators with hypotensive and cardiodepressor activity. Here, we examined the possible role of the endocannabinergic system in cardiovascular regulation in hypertension...
- Involvement of CB1-receptors and beta-adrenoceptors in the regional hemodynamic responses to lipopolysaccharide infusion in conscious ratsS M Gardiner
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine, School of Biomedical Sciences, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H2280-8. 2005..kg(-1).h(-1)) in conscious, male Sprague-Dawley rats, in the absence or presence of the cannabinoid (CB1) receptor antagonist AM-251 (3 mg/kg)...
- Lipid rafts control signaling of type-1 cannabinoid receptors in neuronal cells. Implications for anandamide-induced apoptosisMonica Bari
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Teramo, 64100 Teramo, Italy
J Biol Chem 280:12212-20. 2005..Altogether, the present data suggest that lipid rafts control CB1R binding and signaling, and that CB1R activation underlies the protective effect of MCD against apoptosis...
- Subchronic haloperidol increases CB(1) receptor binding and G protein coupling in discrete regions of the basal gangliaMikael Andersson
Department of Integrative Medical Biology, Section for Histology and Cell Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Neurosci Res 82:264-72. 2005..The results help to elucidate the underlying biochemical mechanism of CB(1) receptor supersensitivity after haloperidol treatment...
- Cannabinoid receptor-mediated inhibition of calcium signaling in rat retinal ganglion cellsMelanie R Lalonde
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Mol Vis 12:1160-6. 2006..Here we investigate the actions of CB(1)R activation on high-voltage-activated (HVA) Ca(2+) channel currents in purified cultures of rat retinal ganglion cells (RGCs)...
- CB1 receptors diminish both Ca(2+) influx and glutamate release through two different mechanisms active in distinct populations of cerebrocortical nerve terminalsMaría Del Carmen Godino
Departamento de Bioquimica, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad Complutense, Madrid, Spain
J Neurochem 101:1471-82. 2007..Furthermore, Ca(2+) imaging of single boutons demonstrated that the two pre-synaptic mechanisms by which cannabinoid receptors reduce glutamate release operate in distinct populations of nerve terminals...
- No evidence for an involvement of variants in the cannabinoid receptor gene (CNR1) in obesity in German children and adolescentsTimo Dirk Müller
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, University of Duisburg Essen, Virchowstr 174, 45147 Essen, Germany
Mol Genet Metab 90:429-34. 2007Studies in rodent models demonstrated that the central cannabinoid receptor (Cnr1) mediates the orexigenic effects of cannabinoids...
- Genetic variations at the endocannabinoid type 1 receptor gene (CNR1) are associated with obesity phenotypes in menPaola Russo
Unit of Epidemiology and Population Genetics, Institute of Food Sciences, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, via Roma 52A C, Avellino, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2382-6. 2007..The endocannabinoid system modulates food intake and body weight in animal models. Treatment with the cannabinoid type 1 receptor blocker, rimonabant, reduces body weight in obese individuals...
- Negative chronotropic effect of cannabinoids and their water-soluble emulsion is related to activation of cardiac CB1 receptorsA V Krylatov
Institute of Cardiology, Siberian Division of Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Tomsk
Bull Exp Biol Med 142:450-3. 2006..Selective CB1 and CB2 receptor antagonist HU-210 also induced a negative chronotropic effect in rats, while pre-injection of CB1 ..
- Bidirectional regulation of mu-opioid and CB1-cannabinoid receptor in rats self-administering heroin or WIN 55,212-2Liana Fattore
Institute of Neuroscience, National Research Council CNR, Section of Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 25:2191-200. 2007..either heroin or the cannabinoid receptor agonist WIN 55,212-2 on levels and functionality of mu-opioid (MOR) and CB1-cannabinoid receptors (CB1R) in reward-related brain areas, such as the prefrontal cortex (PFC), nucleus accumbens (..
- Mechanisms for the coupling of cannabinoid receptors to intracellular calcium mobilization in rat insulinoma beta-cellsLuciano De Petrocellis
Endocannabinoid Research Group, Institute of Cybernetics, National Research Council, Via Campi Flegrei 34, Comprensorio Olivetti, 80078 Pozzuoli, Naples, Italy
Exp Cell Res 313:2993-3004. 2007..These results suggest that, in RIN m5F cells, CB(1) receptors are coupled to PI-PLC-mediated mobilization of [Ca(2+)](i) and might inhibit bombesin signaling...
- A neutral CB1 receptor antagonist reduces weight gain in ratAdam P Chambers
Hotchkiss Brain Institute, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R2185-93. 2007..Here, we examine the effect of a neutral CB1 antagonist, AM4113, on food intake, weight gain, and emesis...
- The effect of CB(1) receptor antagonism in the right basolateral amygdala on conditioned fear and associated analgesia in ratsMichelle Roche
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, NCBES Neuroscience Cluster and Center for Pain Research, National University of Ireland, Galway, University Road, Galway, Ireland
Eur J Neurosci 26:2643-53. 2007..The results also enhance our understanding of endocannabinoid-monoamine interactions of relevance to conditioned fear and associated analgesia...
- CB1 receptor-mediated control of the release of endocannabinoids (as assessed by microdialysis coupled with LC/MS) in the rat hypothalamusFrédéric Béquet
Discovery Analytics, sanofi aventis R and D, 195 route d Espagne, BP1169 31036 Toulouse cedex 1, France
Eur J Neurosci 26:3458-64. 2007In the present study, we examined the occurrence and potential regulation of endocannabinoid release by cannabinoid CB1 receptors in the rat brain...
- Hippocampal interneurons co-express transcripts encoding the alpha7 nicotinic receptor subunit and the cannabinoid receptor 1M Morales
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Cellular Neurophysiology Section, 5500 Nathan Shock Drive, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Neuroscience 152:70-81. 2008..Both the alpha7 nACh receptor and the cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) are highly expressed in the hippocampus...
- Pharmacological evaluation of LH-21, a newly discovered molecule that binds to cannabinoid CB1 receptorRichard Z Chen
Department of Metabolic Disorders, Merck Research Laboratories, P O Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 584:338-42. 2008..was previously reported as a neutral antagonist at the cannabinoid CB1 receptor which, despite its reported poor ability to penetrate into the brain, suppressed food intake and body ..
- Reciprocal inhibition of G-protein signaling is induced by CB(1) cannabinoid and GABA(B) receptor interactions in rat hippocampal membranesResat Cinar
Institute of Biochemistry, Biological Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, Hungary
Neurochem Int 52:1402-9. 2008....
- The cannabinoid receptor-1 antagonist rimonabant inhibits platelet activation and reduces pro-inflammatory chemokines and leukocytes in Zucker ratsA Schafer
Department of Internal Medicine I Cardiology, University Hospital Wurzburg, Julius Maximilians University, Wurzburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 154:1047-54. 2008..We investigated the effect of rimonabant on inflammation and enhanced platelet reactivity in type 2 diabetic Zucker rats, an experimental model of impaired glucose tolerance and the metabolic syndrome...
- Expression of type-1 cannabinoid receptor during rat postnatal testicular development: possible involvement in adult leydig cell differentiationGiovanna Cacciola
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, 80138 Napoli, Italy
Biol Reprod 79:758-65. 2008..Two types of CNRs have been cloned, CNR1 (central) and CNR2 (peripheral)...
- Differential effects of the antidepressants tranylcypromine and fluoxetine on limbic cannabinoid receptor binding and endocannabinoid contentsMatthew N Hill
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
J Neural Transm (Vienna) 115:1673-9. 2008..These data suggest that monoaminergic neurotransmission can regulate the endocannabinoid system and further indicates a role of the endocannabinoid system in affective illness and its treatment...
- Activation of CB1 cannabinoid receptors impairs memory consolidation and hippocampal polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule expression in contextual fear conditioningM Mackowiak
Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Smetna 12, 31 343 Krakow, Poland
Neuroscience 158:1708-16. 2009We investigated the role of CB1 receptors in hippocampal-dependent memory consolidation mediated by polysialylated neural cell adhesion molecule (PSA-NCAM) during contextual fear conditioning (CFC)...
- Acute hypertension reveals depressor and vasodilator effects of cannabinoids in conscious ratsW S Vanessa Ho
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Pharmacol 156:94-104. 2009..The cardiovascular effects of cannabinoids can be influenced by anaesthesia and can differ in chronic hypertension, but the extent to which they are influenced by acute hypertension in conscious animals has not been determined...
- Antagonism of the cannabinoid CB-1 receptor protects rat liver against ischaemia-reperfusion injury complicated by endotoxaemiaP Caraceni
Department of Clinical Medicine, Alma Mater Studiorum, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Gut 58:1135-43. 2009..Thus, we aimed to determine the effect of the endocannabinoid CB1-receptor antagonist Rimonabant in a model of hepatic IR injury complicated by endotoxaemia.
- Methanandamide attenuates cocaine-induced hyperthermia in rats by a cannabinoid CB1-dopamine D2 receptor mechanismBruce A Rasmussen
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Temple University Health Sciences Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA Department of Pharmacology, Temple University Health Sciences Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Brain Res 1260:7-14. 2009..The effect of methanandamide was abolished by pretreatment with a cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist, SR141716A (5 mg/kg, i.p.), or dopamine D2 receptor antagonist, S(−)-raclopride(5 mg/kg, i.p...
- Chronic stress differentially regulates cannabinoid CB1 receptor binding in distinct hippocampal subfieldsMatthew N Hill
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 614:66-9. 2009....
- Differential effects of chronic unpredictable stress on hippocampal CB1 receptors in male and female ratsChristian G Reich
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 W Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Behav Brain Res 203:264-9. 2009Chronic unpredictable mild stress (CMS), an animal model of depression, downregulates hippocampal CB1 receptors in adult male rats...
- Cannabinoid 1 receptor activation inhibits transient receptor potential vanilloid type 1 receptor-mediated cationic influx into rat cultured primary sensory neuronsA Mahmud
Department of Anaesthetics, Pain Medicine and Intensive Care, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, 369 Fulham Road, London SW10 9NH, UK
Neuroscience 162:1202-11. 2009....
- CB1 cannabinoid receptor participates in the vascular hyporeactivity resulting from hemorrhagic shock in ratsLi chao Hou
Department of Anesthesiology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710032, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:950-4. 2009..The present study was designed to examine whether the CB1 cannabinoid receptor (CB1R) was involved in the development of vascular hyporeactivity in rats suffering from ..
- Discovery of 2-[5-(4-chloro-phenyl)-1-(2,4-dichloro-phenyl)-4-ethyl-1H-pyrazol-3-yl]-1,5,5-trimethyl-1,5-dihydro-imidazol-4-thione (BPR-890) via an active metabolite. A novel, potent and selective cannabinoid-1 receptor inverse agonist with high antiobesiChien Huang Wu
Division of Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Research, National Health Research Institutes, Zhunan Town, Miaoli County 35053, Taiwan, ROC
J Med Chem 52:4496-510. 2009..further structural modifications led to the identification of the titled compound 24 (BPR-890) as a highly potent CB1 inverse agonist possessing an excellent CB2/1 selectivity and remarkable in vivo efficacy in diet-induced obese ..
- Effects of chronic treatment with the CB1 antagonist, rimonabant on the blood pressure, and vascular reactivity of obese Zucker ratsCarmen Mingorance
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Seville, Seville, Spain
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1340-7. 2009Rimonabant (RM) is a cannabinoid CB1 receptor antagonist useful in the treatment of obesity associated cardiovascular risk factors...
- Evidences of cannabinoids-induced modulation of paroxysmal events in an experimental model of partial epilepsy in the ratValerio Rizzo
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Fisiologia umana G Pagano, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Corso Tukory, 129 90134 Palermo, Italy
Neurosci Lett 462:135-9. 2009....
- The effect of leptin receptor deficiency and fasting on cannabinoid receptor 1 mRNA expression in the rat hypothalamus, brainstem and nodose ganglionJacob Jelsing
Rheoscience A S, Rødovre, Denmark Gubra, Copenhagen, Denmark
Neurosci Lett 463:125-9. 2009..control of appetite, food intake and energy balance, relatively little is known about the regulation of cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB(1)R) expression in respect to leptin signalling and fasting...
- The CB1 antagonist rimonabant decreases insulin hypersecretion in rat pancreatic isletsLisa Getty-Kaushik
Obesity Research Center, Department of Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 17:1856-60. 2009..The CB1 receptor antagonist, Rimonabant, has been shown to improve glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity in vivo but ..
- Spinal endocannabinoids and CB1 receptors mediate C-fiber-induced heterosynaptic pain sensitizationAlejandro J Pernia-Andrade
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 325:760-4. 2009..We found that endocannabinoids, produced upon strong nociceptive stimulation, activated type 1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptors on inhibitory dorsal horn neurons to reduce the synaptic release of gamma-aminobutyric acid and glycine ..
- Two opposite effects of Delta(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol on subthalamic nucleus neuron activity: involvement of GABAergic and glutamatergic neurotransmissionTeresa Morera-Herreras
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, University of the Basque Country, E 48940, Leioa, Vizcaya, Spain
Synapse 64:20-9. 2010Activation of CB1 cannabinoid receptors in the basal ganglia interferes with movement regulation...
- Sub-chronic administration of AM251, CB1 receptor antagonist, within the nucleus accumbens induced sensitization to morphine in the ratAbbas Haghparast
Neuroscience Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University, M C, P O Box 19615 1178, Tehran, Iran
Neurosci Lett 467:43-7. 2009It seems that there is a cross-talk between the cannabinoid CB1 and opioid receptors in the process of sensitization to opiates...
- Cannabinoid 1 receptor and interleukin-6 receptor together induce integration of protein kinase and transcription factor signaling to trigger neurite outgrowthYana Zorina
Department of Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 285:1358-70. 2010..These results provide a mechanism where multiple protein kinases and transcription factors interact to integrate signals from G protein-coupled and cytokine receptor to evoke neurite outgrowth in Neuro2A cells...
- Diabetic thermal hyperalgesia: role of TRPV1 and CB1 receptors of periaqueductal grayAhmad Mohammadi-Farani
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Brain Res 1328:49-56. 2010..if diabetic hyperalgesia is related to changes in Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) or Cannabinoid CB1 receptors of periaqueductal gray (PAG)...
- CB1 Receptors: Cocaine Reinforcement and RelapseSara Ward; Fiscal Year: 2007..For example, mice in which the CB1 receptor has been altered can be used to assess the role of these receptors in the reinforcing effects of drugs of ..
- Sex Differences in Endocannabioid-Mediated BehaviorsChristian Reich; Fiscal Year: 2008..The specific hypothesis is that chronic mild stress, an animal model of depression, differentially regulates CB1 receptor levels in a gender-specific manner in rats and that this difference underlies the higher vulnerability of ..