Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdkn2b
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B
Alias: p15, cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor B, Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2B (p15, inhibits CDK4), cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B (p15, inhibits CDK4), p14-INK4b, p15-INK4b
- [Effect of Oviductus Ranae on Cyclin D1, CDK6 and P15 expressions in the liver tissue of aged male rats]Hui Yao
College of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:1044-6. 2010To investigate the effect of Oviductus Ranae (OR) on the expressions of CyclinD1, CDK6 and P15 in the liver of aged male rats.
- CDKN2B, SLC19A3 and DLEC1 promoter methylation alterations in the bone marrow of patients with acute myeloid leukemia during chemotherapyQingxiao Hong
Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory of Pathophysiology, School of Medicine, Ningbo University, Ningbo, Zhejiang 315211, P R China
Exp Ther Med 11:1901-1907. 2016..patients with AML were recruited, and the promoter methylation status of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B (CDKN2B), solute carrier family 19 member 3 (SLC19A3) and deleted in lung and esophageal cancer 1 (DLEC1)..
- CDKN2B methylation status and isolated chromosome 7 abnormalities predict responses to treatment with 5-azacytidineK Raj
King s College London, Department of Haematological Medicine, Denmark Hill Campus, London, UK
Leukemia 21:1937-44. 2007..015). Bisulphite genomic sequencing (BGS) of the CDKN2B (p15(INK4b)) promoter showed low level, heterogeneous pretreatment methylation (mean 12...
- Allelic loss and promoter hypermethylation of the p15INK4b gene features in mouse radiation-induced lymphoid - but not myeloid - leukaemiasH J Cleary
MRC Radiation and Genome Stability Unit, Chilton, Didcot, Oxford OX11 0RD, UK
Leukemia 13:2049-52. 1999..Thus, allelic loss and promoter hypermethylation of the p15INK4b gene is particular to radiation-induced lymphoid leukaemias and is independent of p16INK4a and p19ARF gene promoter/exon 1 hypermethylation...
- Immunohistochemical determination of the P15 protein expression in cutaneous squamous cell carcinomaAhmed I Moad
Advanced Medical and Dental Institute, University Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia
J Cutan Pathol 36:183-9. 2009The tumor suppressor gene p15(INK4b) is a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, in which its inactivation has been determined in primary tumors and in several tumor-derived cell lines...
- Relationship Between P15 Gene Mutation and Formation and Metastasis of Malignant OsteosarcomaChangshui Yu
Department of Orthopedics, The First Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China mainland
Med Sci Monit 22:656-61. 2016..The abnormal expression of P15 gene directly participates in the invasion of various cancers...
- The prognostic significance of p16(INK4a)/p14(ARF) locus deletion and MDM-2 protein expression in adult acute myelogenous leukemiaS Faderl
Department of Leukemia, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Cancer 89:1976-82. 2000The p16(INK4a) locus encodes two distinct proteins, p16(INK4a) and p14(ARF). Although p16(INK4a) and p15(INK4b) are involved in the phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma (Rb) protein, p14(ARF) interacts with the MDM-2 oncoprotein ..
- Methylation of p15(INK4b) and E-cadherin genes is independently correlated with poor prognosis in acute myeloid leukemiaTakashi Shimamoto
First Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1, Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 0023, Japan
Leuk Res 29:653-9. 2005..The tumor suppressor gene p15(INK4b) is important component of cell cycles, whereas E-cadherin gene is often termed a metastasis suppressor gene...
- [Methylation of the genes in the 9P21 region in children with acute myeloid leukemia]Li Zhang
Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Hematology, Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Tianjin 300020, China
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 17:6-10. 2015..the methylation rate of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A) and cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B (CDKN2B) in the 9P21 region in children with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and the association of gene methylation with ..
- Genetic investigation into the endophenotypic status of central corneal thickness and optic disc parameters in relation to open-angle glaucomaDavid P Dimasi
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 154:833-842.e2. 2012..To ascertain if single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) involved in the determination of central corneal thickness, optic disc area, and vertical cup-to-disc ratio (VCDR) also are associated with open-angle glaucoma (OAG)...
- Trans-differentiation of alveolar epithelial type II cells to type I cells involves autocrine signaling by transforming growth factor beta 1 through the Smad pathwayManoj Bhaskaran
Department of Physiological Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA
J Biol Chem 282:3968-76. 2007..The expression of TGF beta1, Smad2, and Samd3 and their phosphorylated protein forms, and cell cycle inhibitors, p15(Ink4b) and p21(Cip1), was lower during the proliferative phase but higher during the differentiation phase...
- Promoter methylation of P15(INK4B) gene is possibly associated with parvovirus B19 infection in adult acute leukemiasA Yalcin
Department of Hematology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Mersin, Mersin, Turkey
Int J Lab Hematol 31:407-19. 2009In this study, we examined the P15(INK4B) gene promoter methylation in patients with myelodysplastic syndrome and acute leukemia and its possible relationship with parvovirus B19 and Epstein-Barr virus infections...
- CDKN2A-CDKN2B deletion defines an aggressive subset of cutaneous T-cell lymphomaElodie Laharanne
EA 2406 Histology and Molecular Pathology, University of Bordeaux, Bordeaux, France
Mod Pathol 23:547-58. 2010Inactivation of the CDKN2A-CDKN2B locus has been reported in the most frequent subtypes of cutaneous T-cell lymphomas (CTCLs), mycosis fungoides, Sézary syndrome (SS) and CD30+ cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma...
- Epigenetic alterations of p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A) genes in pediatric primary myelodysplastic syndromeEliane F Rodrigues
Bone Marrow Transplant Center, National Cancer Institute INCA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1887-94. 2010We studied the methylation status of the p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A) genes in 47 pediatric patients with primary MDS, its correlation with subtype, and the role of p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A) in the evolution of MDS toward AML...
- Hypermethylation of the Ink4b locus in murine myeloid leukemia and increased susceptibility to leukemia in p15(Ink4b)-deficient miceLinda Wolff
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 4255, USA
Oncogene 22:9265-74. 2003The Ink4b gene (Cdkn2b) encodes p15(Ink4b), a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor. It has been implicated in playing a role in the development of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) in man, since it is hypermethylated with high frequency...
- Hypermethylation of GpG islands in the promoter region of p15(INK4b) in acute promyelocytic leukemia represses p15(INK4b) expression and correlates with poor prognosisL Teofili
Department of Hematology, Catholic University Rome, Italy
Leukemia 17:919-24. 2003We evaluated the methylation status of p15 gene in a series of 65 patients with newly diagnosed acute promyelocytic leukemia (APL) receiving homogeneous treatment...
- Aberrant methylation and impaired expression of the p15(INK4b) cell cycle regulatory gene in chronic myelomonocytic leukemia (CMML)M Tessema
1Institute of Pathology, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Carl Neuberg Street 1, Hannover, Germany
Leukemia 17:910-8. 2003The important cell cycle regulatory gene p15(INK4b) has been shown to be inactivated in acute myeloid leukemia and myelodysplastic syndrome...
- [p15(INK4B) methylation on prognosis and response to decitabine in patients with MDS]Yao Zhang
Department of Hematology, The Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 34:237-41. 2013To detect p15(INK4B) methylation levels and the kinetics of the methylation status before and after decitabine to explore its influences on prognosis and response to decitabine in myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) patients.
- p15(INK4b) regulates cell cycle signaling in hippocampal astrocytes of aged ratsFang Wang
Department of Neurology, The Central Hospital of Wuhan, 26 Shengli street, Wuhan, 430014, China
Aging Clin Exp Res 28:813-21. 2016Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p15(INK4b) is thought to be an important player in regulating astrocytic cell cycle. However, little is known with regard to the expression of p15(INK4b) and its function in hippocampal astrocytes...
- Decreased proliferation and cell cycle arrest in neoplastic rat pituitary cells is associated with transforming growth factor-beta1-induced expression of p15/INK4BS J Frost
Centre for Cell and Molecular Medicine, School of Postgraduate Medicine, Keele University, North Staffordshire Hospital, Stoke on Trent, ST4 7QB, UK
Mol Cell Endocrinol 176:29-37. 2001..Among other TGF-beta responsive cell cycle regulators p15(Ink4b) has been shown to have anti-proliferative effects associated with cell cycle arrest in other cell types...
- The Pezcoller lecture: cancer cell cycles revisitedC J Sherr
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 60:3689-95. 2000..Lesions in the p16--cyclin D-CDK4--Rb and ARF--Mdm2--p53 pathways occur so frequently in cancer, regardless of patient age or tumor type, that they appear to be part of the life history of most, if not all, cancer cells...
- Expression and regulation of G1 cell-cycle inhibitors (p16INK4A, p15INK4B, p18INK4C, p19INK4D) in human acute myeloid leukemia and normal myeloid cellsJ Schwaller
Laboratory for Clinical and Experimental Research, University of Berne, Switzerland
Leukemia 11:54-63. 1997..Disparate expression of G1-specific cell cycle inhibitors indicates complex and divergent roles of particular CKIs during normal and leukemic myeloid hematopoiesis...
- High incidence of allelic loss on chromosome 5 and inactivation of p15INK4B and p16INK4A tumor suppressor genes in oxystress-induced renal cell carcinoma of ratsT Tanaka
Department of Pathology and Biology of Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Oncogene 18:3793-7. 1999..Our data suggest that inactivation of p15 and p16 genes could be one of the major pathways responsible for oxystress-induced carcinogenesis.
- Molecular and immunohistochemical analysis of the prognostic value of cell-cycle regulators in urothelial neoplasms of the bladderAndriy O Yurakh
Institute of Urology, Academy of Medical Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Eur Urol 50:506-15; discussion 515. 2006..To evaluate the prognostic and predictive value of molecular and immunohistochemical markers related to cell-cycle control in terms of recurrence, progression, and survival in urothelial neoplasms of the bladder (UNB)...
- Common genetic variants in the 9p21 region and their associations with multiple tumoursF Gu
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Br J Cancer 108:1378-86. 2013..The chromosome 9p21.3 region has been implicated in the pathogenesis of multiple cancers...
- Selective loss of resistant alleles at p15INK4B and p16INK4A genes in chemically-induced rat tongue cancersKotaro Ogawa
Department of Oral Pathology, Field of Oncology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
Oral Oncol 42:710-7. 2006..Accumulation of loss of heterozygosity and methylation of the promoter regions in the tumour suppressor genes in advanced tumours suggests that they may play a role in tongue cancer progression...
- A potential role for p15(Ink4b) and p57(Kip2) in liver developmentM M Awad
Department of Pediatrics, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown University School of Medicine, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
FEBS Lett 483:160-4. 2000..for these changes, we examined the ontogeny of expression for the known cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (CKIs), p15(Ink4b), p16(Ink4a), p18(Ink4c), p19(Ink4d), p21(Cip1), p27(Kip1) and p57(Kip2)...
- Maternal choline availability alters the localization of p15Ink4B and p27Kip1 cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors in the developing fetal rat brain hippocampusC D Albright
Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7400, USA
Dev Neurosci 23:100-6. 2001..These results link maternal dietary choline availability to CDKI protein immunoreactivity and commitment to differentiation during fetal hippocampal development...
- Transforming growth factor-beta antagonizes alveolar type II cell proliferation induced by keratinocyte growth factorFeijie Zhang
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1400 Jackson Street, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:679-86. 2004..Cyclin D1, cdk2, and cdc25A protein levels were increased, and p15(Ink4b) and p27(Kip1) protein levels were decreased...
- Association of rat p15INK4B/p16INK4 deletions with monosomy 5 in kidney epithelial cell lines but not primary renal tumorsD F Knapek
University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Smithville 78957, USA
Cancer Res 55:1607-12. 1995....
- Baicalein induces a dual growth arrest by modulating multiple cell cycle regulatory moleculesS L Hsu
Department of Education and Research, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, No 160, Section 3, Chung Gang Road, 407, Taichung, Taiwan
Eur J Pharmacol 425:165-71. 2001..of cyclin D2, cyclin A, cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (Cdk1) and cyclin-dependent kinase 2 (Cdk2), and up-regulation of p15(Ink4B), p21(CIP1/Waf1), p53 and cyclin E...
- p15(INK4b) in bladder carcinomas: decreased expression in superficial tumoursM A Le Frere-Belda
Service d Anatomie et de Cytologie Pathologiques, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Henri Mondor, 94010 Creteil Cedex, France
Br J Cancer 85:1515-21. 2001The p15 gene which encodes a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor, is located in the 9p21 chromosomal region that is frequently deleted in human bladder transitional cell carcinomas (TCCs)...
- Evidence of a role for the INK4 family of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors in ovarian granulosa cell tumorsMayi Y Arcellana-Panlilio
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 35:176-81. 2002..These data support a role for the INK4 family of CDK inhibitors in the biology of GCTs...
- Identification of three genes of known function expressed by alveolar epithelial type I cellsRenli Qiao
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 29:98-105. 2003..Furthermore, expression of these gene products in AT1-like cells, in freshly isolated AT1 cells, and AT1 cells in whole lung indicates that AT1-like cells reflect many of the properties of AT1 cells in situ...
- Activin A, p15INK4b signaling, and cell competition promote stem/progenitor cell repopulation of livers in aging ratsAnuradha Menthena
Marion Bessin Liver Research Center, Division of Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases, Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Gastroenterology 140:1009-20. 2011..Highly proliferative fetal liver stem/progenitor cells (FLSPCs) repopulate livers of normal recipients by cell competition. We investigated the mechanisms by which FLSPCs repopulate livers of older compared with younger rats...
- Expression of p14ARF, p15INK4b, p16INK4a, and DCR2 increases during prostate cancer progressionZhihong Zhang
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1339-43. 2006..p14(ARF), p15(INK4b), and p16(INK4a), which are known to regulate G1 cell cycle arrest, and the tumor necrosis factor receptor ..
- Cell cycle regulators in bladder cancer: relationship to schistosomiasisSanaa Eissa
Oncology Diagnostic Unit, Medical Biochemistry Department, Ain Shams Faculty of Medicine, Cairo, Egypt
IUBMB Life 56:557-64. 2004..P16 (INK4A) and p15 (INK4B) are thought to act as tumor suppressors, since their inactivation and/or deletion are observable in various ..
- Homozygous deletion of CDKN2A/2B is a hallmark of iron-induced high-grade rat mesotheliomaQian Hu
Department of Pathology and Biological Responses, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Lab Invest 90:360-73. 2010..These results not only show two distinct molecular pathways for iron-induced peritoneal mesothelioma, but also support the hypothesis that oxidative stress by iron overload is a major cause of CDKN2A/2B homozygous deletion...
- Methylation and messenger RNA expression of p15INK4b but not p16INK4a are independent risk factors for ovarian cancerZhensheng Liu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4968-76. 2005..The purpose of this research was to compare methylation status and mRNA expression of p15INK4b and p16INK4a in serous epithelial ovarian cancer tissues and normal ovarian tissues...
- Rearrangement and allelic imbalance on chromosome 5 leads to homozygous deletions in the CDKN2A/2B tumor suppressor gene region in rat endometrial cancerTatjana Adamovic
Human and Molecular Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, HRC 5th Floor, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226 0509, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 184:9-21. 2008..reaction analysis was performed with 22 genes and markers and homozygous deletions of the CDKN2A exon 1beta and CDKN2B genes were detected in 13 EACs (62%) and of CDKN2A exon 1alpha in 12 EACs (57%) Third, the occurrence of allelic ..
- Molecular genetic basis of renal carcinogenesis in the Eker rat model of tuberous sclerosis (Tsc2)O Hino
Department of Experimental Pathology, Cancer Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Carcinog 14:23-7. 1995..Microsatellite instability was not observed in 26 Eker rat tumors...
- Senescence and apoptosis in carcinogenesis of cervical squamous carcinomaWei Feng
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mod Pathol 20:961-6. 2007..Many cell cycle regulators, such as p14(ARF), p15(INK4b) and p16(INK4a), are important in G1 cell cycle arrest and oncogene-induced senescence...