Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdkn2a
Description: cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A
Alias: Arf, INK4A, MTS1, p16, p16Cdkn2a, p19ARF, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A, CDK4I, Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (p16, inhibits CDK4), alternative reading frame, cdkn2a, cell cycle inhibitor, cell cycle regulator, cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor A, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2a p16Ink4a, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2a p19Arf, p16-INK4, p16-INK4a
- Malignant transformation of neurofibromas in neurofibromatosis 1 is associated with CDKN2A/p16 inactivationG P Nielsen
Molecular Neuro Oncology Laboratory and the James Homer Wright Pathology Laboratories, Department of Pathology and Neurosurgical Service, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Am J Pathol 155:1879-84. 1999..We examined the CDKN2A/p16 gene and p16 protein in NFs and MPNSTs from patients with NF1...
- [Loss of heterozygosity in the 9p21 region as an inactivation mechanism of the p16 suppressor gene]M L Maestro de las Casas
Servicio de Analisis Clinicos, Hospital Universitario San Carlos, Madrid
Arch Esp Urol 53:603-9. 2000..To determine the loss of heterozygosity (LOH) on 9p21 (locus D9S1747) in patients with renal carcinoma by analysis of microsatellite polymorphisms...
- Mts1 protein expression in the central nervous system after injuryElena N Kozlova
Department of Neuroscience, Neuroanatomy, Biomedical Center, Uppsala University, Sweden
Glia 37:337-48. 2002We recently showed that Mts1 is expressed in white matter astrocytes in the rat brain and spinal cord from the first postnatal day. Its expression level declined in the adult CNS, but its topographical localization was maintained...
- p14ARF and p16INK4A, two products of the same gene, are differently expressed in cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaJohan Bulten
Department of Pathology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, PO Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Gynecol Oncol 101:487-94. 2006..Both proteins are encoded by the same INK4A/ARF gene on chromosome 9p21...
- [Promotor hypermethylation of E-cadherin, p16 and estrogen receptor in prostate carcinoma]Qing Yao
Department of Pathology, Zhongda Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210009, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 12:28-31. 2006To investigate promotor hypermethylation of the CpG islands of E-Cadherin, p16 and estrogen receptor (ER) in prostate carcinoma and explore whether such methylation might play a role in the tumorigenesis and malignant progression of ..
- Genetic and epigenetic changes in rat preneoplastic liver tissue induced by 2-acetylaminofluoreneTetyana V Bagnyukova
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:638-46. 2008..nucleotide element-1-associated histone H4 lysine 20 trimethylation, as well as hypermethylation of the p16(INK4A) gene. These epigenetic changes were not observed in the livers of female rats or the kidneys of both sexes...
- p16 hypermethylation during gastric carcinogenesis of Wistar rats by N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidineHua Bai
Department of Cancer Etiology, Peking University Health Science Center and Beijing Institute for Cancer Research, Da Hong Luo Chang Street, Western District, Beijing 100034, China
Mutat Res 535:73-8. 2003Inactivation of the tumor suppressor gene, p16 by CpG hypermethylation is a common event in various tumors including gastric carcinoma...
- Ink4a/Arf expression is a biomarker of agingJanakiraman Krishnamurthy
Department of Medicine, The Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 27599 7295, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1299-307. 2004The Ink4a/Arf locus encodes 2 tumor suppressor molecules, p16INK4a and Arf, which are principal mediators of cellular senescence...
- p16Ink4a or p19Arf loss contributes to Tal1-induced leukemogenesis in miceJ A Shank-Calvo
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, 01650, USA
Oncogene 25:3023-31. 2006Analysis of the INK4A/ARF locus in human T-ALL patients revealed frequent deletions in exon 2, the exon common to both p16(INK4A) and p14(ARF)...
- p14ARF genetic polymorphisms and susceptibility to second primary malignancy in patients with index squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckYang Zhang
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 117:1227-35. 2011p14(ARF) , an alternate reading frame (ARF) product of the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A locus, plays a critical role in crosstalk between the tumor protein 53 (p53) and retinoblastoma (Rb) pathways and in cellular anticancer ..
- Components of the Rb pathway are critical targets of UV mutagenesis in a murine melanoma modelKaruppiah Kannan
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:1221-5. 2003..Moreover, UV-induced melanomas showed a strict reciprocal relationship between cdk6 amplification and p16(INK4a) loss, which is consistent with the actions of UV along the Rb pathway...
- Accelerated aging phenotype in mice with conditional deficiency for mitochondrial superoxide dismutase in the connective tissueNicolai Treiber
Department of Dermatology and Allergic Diseases, University of Ulm, Maienweg 12, Ulm, Germany
Aging Cell 10:239-54. 2011..Increase in p16(INK4a) , a robust in vivo marker for fibroblast aging, may contribute to the observed phenotype...
- Different prognostic values of p15(INK4b) and p16(INK4a) gene methylations in multiple myelomaGaelle Guillerm
Haematologica 88:476-8. 2003
- Epigenetic alterations of p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A) genes in pediatric primary myelodysplastic syndromeEliane F Rodrigues
Bone Marrow Transplant Center, National Cancer Institute INCA, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Leuk Lymphoma 51:1887-94. 2010We studied the methylation status of the p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A) genes in 47 pediatric patients with primary MDS, its correlation with subtype, and the role of p15(INK4B) and p16(INK4A) in the evolution of MDS toward AML...
- Population-based prevalence of CDKN2A mutations in Utah melanoma familiesMark J Eliason
Department of Dermatology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:660-6. 2006Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A or p16) is the major melanoma predisposition gene...
- Inherited coding variants at the CDKN2A locus influence susceptibility to acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in childrenHeng Xu
1 Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA 2 Department of Laboratory Medicine, National Key Laboratory of Biotherapy Collaborative Innovation Center of Biotherapy, and Cancer Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan 610041, China
Nat Commun 6:7553. 2015..Here we show a missense variant in CDKN2A associated with the development of ALL at genome-wide significance (rs3731249, P=9.4 × 10(-23), odds ratio=2.23)...
- p16(CDKN2A) expression during rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxideYun Hong
Department of Oral Medicine, Guanghua School of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, 56 Lingyuanxi Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510060, PR China
Oral Oncol 45:640-4. 2009p16(CDKN2A) is one of the most important tumor-suppressor genes and has been investigated widely in recent years for its role in oral carcinogenesis, but few have explored the relationship between its RNA and protein, especially in ..
- Expression of the cell cycle regulators p14(ARF) and p16(INK4a) in chronic myeloid leukemiaMarie Cividin
Laboratoire d Hematologie, CHU de Poitiers, France
Leuk Res 30:1273-8. 2006Expression of p14(ARF) and p16(INK4a) tumor suppressor genes was investigated in 109 patients with chronic myeloid leukemia (CML)...
- Arf gene loss enhances oncogenicity and limits imatinib response in mouse models of Bcr-Abl-induced acute lymphoblastic leukemiaRichard T Williams
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6688-93. 2006..of BCR-ABL-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemias (ALLs), many of which sustain deletions of the INK4A-ARF (CDKN2A) tumor suppressor locus...
- Methylation of the p16INK4A promoter is associated with malignant behavior in abdominal extra-adrenal paragangliomas but not pheochromocytomasN B Kiss
Department of Molecular Medicine and Surgery, Karolinska Institutet, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, CMM L8 01 SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Endocr Relat Cancer 15:609-21. 2008..Studies in animal models have shown that inactivation of the products of the cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A) gene locus, p16INK4A and p14ARF, promotes the development of pheochromocytoma, especially ..
- Hypermethylation-associated inactivation indicates a tumor suppressor role for p15INK4BJ G Herman
Oncology Center, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Cancer Res 56:722-7. 1996..prostate, and colon cancer, inactivation of p15INK4B occurs only rarely and only with concomitant inactivation of p16. Aberrant methylation of p15INK4B is associated with transcriptional loss of this gene...
- Independent prognostic significance of cell cycle regulator proteins p16(INK4a) and pRb in advanced-stage ovarian carcinoma including optimally debulked patients: a translational research subprotocol of a randomised study of the Arbeitsgemeinschaft GynaekS Kommoss
Dr Horst Schmidt Klinik HSK Wiesbaden, Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Ludwig Erhard Str 100, Wiesbaden 65199, Germany
Br J Cancer 96:306-13. 2007The purpose of the study is to test the hypothesis that expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins p16(INK4a) and pRb is significantly associated with prognosis in ovarian carcinomas...
- Direct promoter induction of p19Arf by Pit-1 explains the dependence receptor RET/Pit-1/p53-induced apoptosis in the pituitary somatotroph cellsE Diaz-Rodriguez
IDIS Neoplasia and Endocrine Differentiation, Department of Physiology, CIMUS, School of Medicine, University of Santiago de Compostela USC, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Oncogene 31:2824-35. 2012..We have found a Pit-1 DNA-binding element within the ARF promoter. Pit-1 directly regulates the CDKN2A locus and binds to the p19Arft promoter inducing p19Arf gene expression...
- Duhuo Jisheng Decoction promotes chondrocyte proliferation through accelerated G1/S transition in osteoarthritisGuangwen Wu
Academy of Integrative Medicine, Fujian University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fuzhou, Fujian 350122, P R China
Int J Mol Med 32:1001-10. 2013..TEM) and the mRNA and protein expression levels of cyclin D1, CDK4, CDK6, retinoblastoma protein (Rb) and p16 were measured by RT‑PCR and immunohistochemistry, respectively...
- The p16(INK4A)/pRb pathway and telomerase activity define a subgroup of Ph+ adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia associated with inferior outcomeWei W Chien
Claude Bernard Lyon 1 University, CNRS UMR 5239 ENS HCL, Lyon Sud Medicine Faculty, Lyon, France
Leuk Res 39:453-61. 2015..The p16(INK4A)/CDK4-6/pRb pathway and telomerase activity, which are implicated in cell activation and aging, were analyzed to ..
- Lack of ETV6 (TEL) gene rearrangements or p16INK4A/p15INK4B homozygous gene deletions in infant acute lymphoblastic leukemiaK W Maloney
Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, USA
Leukemia 11:979-83. 1997..described molecular abnormalities in childhood ALL are ETV6 gene rearrangements and homozygous deletions of p16(INK4A) and/or p15(INK4B)...
- Promoter hypermethylation of tumour suppressor genes (p14/ARF and p16/INK4a): case-control study in North Indian populationMarjan Askari
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
Mol Biol Rep 40:4921-8. 2013..study, it has been tried to determine the methylation status of two tumour suppressor genes p14/ARF and p16/INK4a in 150 breast cancer patients as well as 150 controls by using MSP-PCR...
- The Pezcoller lecture: cancer cell cycles revisitedC J Sherr
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Cancer Res 60:3689-95. 2000..The ARF tumor suppressor, encoded by an alternative reading frame of the INK4a-ARF locus, senses "mitogenic current" flowing through the Rb pathway and is induced by ..
- High frequency of multiple melanomas and breast and pancreas carcinomas in CDKN2A mutation-positive melanoma familiesA Borg
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:1260-6. 2000Inherited mutations in the CDKN2A tumor suppressor gene, which encodes the p16(INK4a) protein, and in the cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (CDK4) gene confer susceptibility to cutaneous malignant melanoma...
- Epigenetic regulation of the Ink4a-Arf (Cdkn2a) tumor suppressor locus in the initiation and progression of Notch1-driven T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaEmmanuel J Volanakis
Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Exp Hematol 41:377-86. 2013Activating mutations of NOTCH1 and deletion of the INK4A-ARF (CDKN2A) tumor suppressor locus are two of the most frequent genetic alterations in T cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (T-ALL)...
- Efficiency alleles of the Pctr1 modifier locus for plasmacytoma susceptibilityS L Zhang
Laboratory of Genetics, Division of Basic Sciences, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 21:310-8. 2001..7-centimorgan (cM) chromosomal region that included Cdkn2a, which encodes p16(INK4a) and p19(ARF), and the coding sequences for the BALB/c p16(INK4a) and p19(ARF) alleles ..
- Comparisons of tumor suppressor p53, p21, and p16 gene therapy effects on glioblastoma tumorigenicity in situT J Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 287:173-80. 2001..this study, the functional expression and efficacy in tumor suppression of 3 tumor suppressor genes (p53, p21, and p16) were tested and compared in a rat GBM cell line (RT-2) after retrovirus mediated gene delivery in vitro and in ..
- Histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) participates in the transcriptional repression of the p16 (INK4a) gene in mammary gland of the female rat offspring exposed to an early-life high-fat dietShasha Zheng
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL, USA
Epigenetics 7:183-90. 2012..The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of a maternal high-fat diet on the regulation of p16 (INK4a) gene expression in the mammary gland of rat offspring...
- Mild cerebral ischemia induces loss of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors and activation of cell cycle machinery before delayed neuronal cell deathJ Katchanov
Experimental Neurology, Department of Neurology, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charite, Humboldt University of Berlin, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Neurosci 21:5045-53. 2001..We demonstrate that loss of endogenous cyclin-dependent kinase (Cdk) inhibitor p16(INK4a) is an early and reliable indicator of delayed neuronal death in striatal neurons after mild cerebral ischemia in ..
- Different p16INK4a and p14ARF expression patterns in acute myeloid leukaemia and normal blood leukocytesM P Tschan
Department of Clinical Research, University and Inselspital, Berne, Switzerland
Leuk Lymphoma 42:1077-87. 2001..The p14ARF, an alternative reading frame protein encoded from the same INK4a-ARF locus, is a potent tumour suppressor functionally linked to p53...
- Hepatic cellular senescence pathway genes are induced through histone modifications in a diet-induced obese rat modelXiyuan Zhang
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 61801, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 302:G558-64. 2012..Gene analysis demonstrated a significant increase of both the amount and the transcription rates of p16(INK4a) and p21(Cip1) mRNA in OP rats...
- Astrocyte senescence as a component of Alzheimer's diseaseRekha Bhat
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45069. 2012..tissue from aged individuals and patients with AD was examined for the presence of senescent astrocytes using p16(INK4a) and matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) expression as markers of senescence...
- Change of p16(INK4a) and PCNA protein expression in myocardium after injection of hIGF-1 gene modified skeletal myoblasts into post-infarction ratsYanzhang Gao
The Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, the Laboratory of Target Biology Therapy in Hubei Province, Wuhan 430022, China
J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci 28:396-400. 2008This study examined the change of p16(INK4a) and PCNA protein expression in myocardium after injection of hIGF-1 gene modified skeletal myoblasts into post-infarction rats...
- Grape juice concentrate modulates p16 expression in high fat diet-induced liver steatosis in Wistar ratsAndressa Orlandeli Ferreira
Department of Biosciencies, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Santos, Brazil
Toxicol Mech Methods 22:218-24. 2012..The effects of grape juice concentrate treatment on histopathological changes, and immunohistochemistry for p53, p16 and p21 were evaluated.
- Dynamic changes in DNA methylation during multistep rat lung carcinogenesis induced by 3-methylcholanthrene and diethylnitrosamineWen Bin Liu
Department of Hygienic Toxicology, Preventive Medical College, Third Military Medical University, Key Laboratory of Medical Protection for Electromagnetic Radiation, Ministry of Education of China, Chongqing 400038, PR China
Toxicol Lett 189:5-13. 2009..Remarkably, epigenetic alterations in p16 (CDKN2A), but not in p15 (CDKN2B), were observed, and these correlated with the presence of pathologic lung lesions and ..
- Selective loss of resistant alleles at p15INK4B and p16INK4A genes in chemically-induced rat tongue cancersKotaro Ogawa
Department of Oral Pathology, Field of Oncology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8544, Japan
Oral Oncol 42:710-7. 2006..Accumulation of loss of heterozygosity and methylation of the promoter regions in the tumour suppressor genes in advanced tumours suggests that they may play a role in tongue cancer progression...
- H3K9me-enhanced DNA hypermethylation of the p16INK4a gene: an epigenetic signature for spontaneous transformation of rat mesenchymal stem cellsYong Zheng
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Center for Medical Research, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Wuhan, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells Dev 22:256-67. 2013..stem cells (MSCs), changes in senescence-associated molecules, particularly the epigenetic modification of the p16(INK4a) gene, including histone H3 lysine 27/9 methylation (H3K27/9me) and DNA methylation, were investigated in cultured ..
- Expression of cell cycle regulator p16 is not affected by diabetes during oral oncogenesisEleftherios Vairaktaris
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens 11521, Greece
In Vivo 21:745-50. 2007The tumor suppressor protein p16 plays a vital role in the regulation of the cell cycle...
- Reduced expression of INK4a/ARF genes in stem-like sphere cells from rat sarcomasHiromasa Fujii
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara 634 8521, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 362:773-8. 2007..Interestingly, spheres from both sarcomas remarkably decreased the expression of INK4a/ARF locus genes, p16(INK4a) and p19(ARF), which could be related to the resistance against cell senescence and ..
- Frequent mutation of p16(CDKN2A) exon 1 during rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxideYun Hong
Department of Oral Medicine, Guanghua School of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Mol Carcinog 46:85-90. 2007..Twenty mutations, including a missense mutation of the start codon resulting in alternative reading frame of p16(CDKN2A) exon 1, were also identified...
- Epigenetic changes in the rat livers induced by pyrazinamide treatmentV M Kovalenko
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 225:293-9. 2007..LINE-1), and aberrant promoter hypermethylation of placental form glutathione-S-transferase (GSTP) and p16(INK4A) genes in livers of pyrazinamide-treated rats, while serum levels of bilirubin and activity of aminotransferases ..
- Tumor escape in a Wnt1-dependent mouse breast cancer model is enabled by p19Arf/p53 pathway lesions but not p16 Ink4a lossMichael T Debies
Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Clin Invest 118:51-63. 2008..Relapses occurring in the context of null Ink4a/Arf alleles (disrupting both the p16 Ink4a and p19 Arf tumor suppressors) arose quickly and rarely reactivated the Wnt pathway...
- Differential Immunoreactivity of p16 in leiomyosarcomas and leiomyoma variantsBrian R Gannon
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Pathol 27:68-73. 2008..include insulinlike growth factor 1, h-caldesmon, cytokeratin 18, and the cyclin-dependent kinase 4 inhibitor, p16. To determine whether the immunohistochemical expression of these proteins could aid in the diagnosis of LMS and LM ..
- P16(INK4a) immunocytochemistry in liquid-based cytology samples in equivocal Pap smears: added value in management of women with equivocal Pap smearJoseph Monsonego
Alfred Fournier Institute, Paris, France
Acta Cytol 51:755-66. 2007To test whether p1l6(INK4a) immunocytochemistry (ICC) in liquid-based cytology (LBC) is useful with colposcopy in abnormal Pap smears.
- Prevalence of mucosal and cutaneous human papillomaviruses in different histologic subtypes of vulvar carcinomaMaurits N C de Koning
DDL Diagnostic Laboratory, Voorburg, The Netherlands
Mod Pathol 21:334-44. 2008..The HPV 16 intratypic variation showed correlation with patients' ethnic background. P16INK4a immunostaining seems to be a sensitive and specific marker of vulvar carcinomas positive for oncogenic mucosal HPVs...
- The effect of phenobarbital on the methylation level of the p16 promoter region in rat liverGrazyna Kostka
Department of Environmental Toxicology, National Institute of Hygiene, Chocimska 24, 00 791, Warsaw, Poland
Toxicology 239:127-35. 2007..PB) -- a non-genotoxic rodent liver carcinogen -- on the methylation level of the promoter region of the p16 suppressor gene, as well as on hepatomegaly, DNA synthesis, and DNA-methyltransferase (DNMTs) activity in the rat ..
- p16ink4 immunoreactivity is a reliable marker for urothelial carcinoma in situMing Yin
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Hum Pathol 39:527-35. 2008..Mutations of the cell cycle regulatory gene INK4a (located at 9p21) that encodes p16(INK4) are one of the critical early events in carcinogenesis of UC...
- Growth inhibition and induction of apoptosis by 2-methoxyestradiol in rat osteosarcoma and malignant fibrous histiocytoma cell linesHiromasa Fujii
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
In Vivo 22:21-5. 2008..The activity of caspase-3 was increased at 20 h and 40 h in both cell lines. 2-ME induced p16 expression, which was possibly involved in the apoptotic process...
- Hypertension induces somatic cellular senescence in rats and humans by induction of cell cycle inhibitor p16INK4aJens H Westhoff
Division of Pediatric Nephrology, University Children s Hospital, Heidelberg, Germany
Hypertension 52:123-9. 2008..b>Cell cycle inhibitor p16(INK4a) is the key mediator for stress and aberrant signaling induced senescence...
- Rearrangement and allelic imbalance on chromosome 5 leads to homozygous deletions in the CDKN2A/2B tumor suppressor gene region in rat endometrial cancerTatjana Adamovic
Human and Molecular Genetics Center, Medical College of Wisconsin, HRC 5th Floor, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226 0509, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 184:9-21. 2008..The copy numbers of loci situated on RNO5 were found to be reduced, particularly for the CDKN2A/2B locus...
- The PPARalpha/p16INK4a pathway inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by repressing cell cycle-dependent telomerase activationFlorence Gizard
Division of Endocrinology and Molecular Medicine, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Circ Res 103:1155-63. 2008..activation suppresses G(1)-->S cell cycle progression by targeting the cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor p16(INK4a) (p16)...
- No mutations found in exon 2 of gene p16CDKN2A during rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxideEliana Maria Minicucci
Department of Dermatology and Radiotherapy, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Mol Histol 40:71-6. 2009..The present study aimed to investigate mutations in exon 2 of gene p16CDKN2A during rat tongue carcinogenesis induced by 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide (4NQO) using direct DNA-sequencing method...
- Assessment of the effect of betaine on p16 and c-myc DNA methylation and mRNA expression in a chemical induced rat liver cancer modelYan ping Du
School of Public Health, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, PR China
BMC Cancer 9:261. 2009..of certain proto-oncogenes, such as c-myc, as well as the inactivation of certain tumor suppressors, such as p16. Betaine, as an active methyl-donor, maintains normal DNA methylation patterns...
- Homozygous deletion of CDKN2A/2B is a hallmark of iron-induced high-grade rat mesotheliomaQian Hu
Department of Pathology and Biological Responses, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Lab Invest 90:360-73. 2010..SMs revealed massive genomic alterations after aCGH analysis, including homozygous deletion of CDKN2A/2B and amplification of ERBB2 containing region, whereas EMs showed less genomic alterations...
- DNA copy number aberrations and disruption of the p16Ink4a/Rb pathway in radiation-induced and spontaneous rat mammary carcinomasDaisuke Iizuka
Experimental Radiobiology for Children s Health Research Group, Research Center for Radiation Protection, National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Chiba, 263 8555, Japan
Radiat Res 174:206-15. 2010..These aberrations were not observed in seven spontaneous mammary carcinomas. The expression of p16Ink4a and p19Arf, which are located in the chromosomal region 5q32, was always up-regulated except for a carcinoma with a ..
- Methylation of RAR-β2, RASSF1A, and CDKN2A genes induced by nickel subsulfide and nickel-carcinogenesis in ratsJun Zhang
Department of Regenerative Medicine, Tongji University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Biomed Environ Sci 24:163-71. 2011To investigate the expression variation of RAR-β2, RASSF1A, and CDKN2A gene in the process of nickel-induced carcinogenesis.
- Altered expression of c-myc, p16 and p27 in rat colon tumors and its reversal by short-term treatment with chemopreventive agentsLianhui Tao
Department of Pathology, HEB, Rm 202, Medical College of Ohio, 3055 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH 43614 5806, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:1447-54. 2002..In colon tumors relative to the mucosa, the protein and mRNA levels of c-myc were increased, while the levels of p16 and p27 were decreased...
- Coexistence of copy number changes of different genes (INK4A, erbB-1, erbB-2, CMYC, CCND1 and ZNF217) in urothelial tumorsD Toncheva
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical Faculty Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria
Tumour Biol 26:88-93. 2005The aim of this study was to establish the frequency of combinatorial and separate copy number changes of INK4A (9p21), erbB-1 (7p11), erbB-2 (17q17-21), CMYC (8q24), CCND1 (11q13) and ZNF217 (20q13) in urothelial tumors; a tissue ..
- A common variant of CDKN2A (p16) predisposes to breast cancerT Debniak
Department of Genetics and Pathology, International Hereditary Cancer Centre, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
J Med Genet 42:763-5. 2005A common missense variant of the CDKN2A gene (A148T) predisposes to malignant melanoma in Poland. An association between malignant melanoma and breast cancer has been reported in several families with CDKN2A mutations,
- The INK4a /ARF locus: role in cell cycle control for renal cell epithelial tumor growth after the Chernobyl accidentAlina Romanenko
Department of Pathology, Institute of Urology, Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, 9 a Yu Kotzubinsky, 04053 Kiev, Ukraine
Virchows Arch 445:298-304. 2004..The present paper describes the molecular alterations of those tumor suppressor genes located on chromosome 9p21 ( INK4a/ARF locus and p15(INK4B)) in 26 primary renal-cell epithelial tumors from patients with different degrees of ..
- High frequency methylation of p16INK4A gene during 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxide-induced rat tongue carcinogenesisYuuji Nakahara
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, Ehime, Japan
Oncol Rep 12:101-6. 2004..Inactivation by hypermethylation of the promoter region of p16INK4A gene was related to carcinogenesis of oral cancer...
- [p16 protein expression in the transplacental induced brain tumor in rat]Zhong yuan Zhang
Department of Nurosurgery of Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 42:358-61. 2004To study in series the p16 protein expression on the rat brain tumor induced transplacentally by ENU.
- Nucleolar Arf tumor suppressor inhibits ribosomal RNA processingMasataka Sugimoto
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 North Lauderdale, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Mol Cell 11:415-24. 2003The p19(Arf) tumor suppressor, a nucleolar protein, binds to Mdm2 to induce p53-dependent cell cycle arrest. Arf also prevents the proliferation of cells lacking Mdm2 and p53, albeit less efficiently...
- Cloning of the 5' upstream region of the rat p16 gene and its role in silencingMasanobu Abe
Carcinogenesis Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:1100-6. 2002Hypermethylation of the 5' upstream region (5' region) of the human p16(CDKN2A) (p16) gene is known to cause silencing, which is involved in a wide range of human cancers...
- De novo methylation of the p16INK4A gene in early preneoplastic liver and tumors induced by folate/methyl deficiency in ratsIgor P Pogribny
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, Federal Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Cancer Lett 187:69-75. 2002..model of multistage hepatocarcinogenesis was used to evaluate progressive in vivo changes in p16 promoter methylation in both preneoplastic and tumor tissues...
- Evidence of a role for the INK4 family of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors in ovarian granulosa cell tumorsMayi Y Arcellana-Panlilio
Department of Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 35:176-81. 2002..The status of RB1, INK4A, INK4B, INK4C, INK4D, and ARF in 13 adult and 2 juvenile ovarian GCTs was determined by reverse transcription-..
- p16INK4a and p14ARF methylation as a potential biomarker for human bladder cancerKen Kawamoto
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 08520, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 339:790-6. 2006..We examined whether the methylation status of p16(INK4a) and p14(ARF), genes located upstream of the RB and p53 pathway, is a useful biomarker for the staging, clinical ..
- Aberrant CpG island methylation of the p16(INK4a) and estrogen receptor genes in rat lung tumors induced by particulate carcinogensSteven A Belinsky
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Lung Cancer Program, 2425 Ridgecrest Drive SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:335-9. 2002Recent studies by our laboratory indicate that the p16(INK4a) gene is frequently methylated in lung tumors induced by genotoxic carcinogens and that the frequency for methylation of the estrogen receptor alpha (ER) gene varies as a ..
- Specific allelic loss of p16 (INK4A) tumor suppressor gene after weeks of iron-mediated oxidative damage during rat renal carcinogenesisMakoto Hiroyasu
Department of Pathology and Biology of Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida konoe cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
Am J Pathol 160:419-24. 2002Oxidative tissue damage has been shown to be associated with carcinogenesis. In human cancers p16(INK4A) is one of the most frequently mutated tumor suppressor genes...
- Early deregulation of the the p16ink4a-cyclin D1/cyclin-dependent kinase 4-retinoblastoma pathway in cell proliferation-driven esophageal tumorigenesis in zinc-deficient ratsL Y Fong
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 60:4589-95. 2000....
- Molecular analysis of P16(Ink4)/CDKN2 and P15(INK4B)/MTS2 genes in primary human testicular germ cell tumorsA Heidenreich
Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Urol 159:1725-30. 1998b>p16 (MTS 1) and p15 (MTS 2) are negative regulators of cell cycle progression at the G1 cell cycle checkpoint and function as tumor suppressor genes (TSG)...
- Screening of germline mutations in the CDKN2A and CDKN2B genes in Swedish families with hereditary cutaneous melanomaA Platz
Department of Oncology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Natl Cancer Inst 89:697-702. 1997..The tumor suppressor genes CDKN2A and CDKN2B have been mapped to the 9p21 region, and genetic analyses have revealed the presence of germline CDKN2A ..
- Frequent aberrant methylation of p16INK4a in primary rat lung tumorsD S Swafford
Inhalation Toxicology Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1366-74. 1997The p16INK4a (p16) tumor suppressor gene is frequently inactivated by homozygous deletion or methylation of the 5' CpG island in cell lines derived from human non-small-cell lung cancers...
- High frequency of aberrant p16(INK4A) expression in human breast cancerJ Geradts
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, USA
Am J Pathol 149:15-20. 1996..p16(INK4A) (16), inhibits phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein, pRB, and thus acts as a negative cell cycle regulator. It is inactivated in a wide range of human malignancies, including breast cancer...
- Loss of p16 in recurrent malignant mixed müllerian tumors of the uterusB Robinson-Bennett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:1354-7. 2006..Five cases of recurrent uterine MMMT were examined by paraffin immunohistochemistry for the expression of p53, p16, P-cadherin, and Cerb-B2...
- Immunohistochemical expression of p16(INK4A) in normal uterine cervix, nonneoplastic epithelial lesions, and low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesionsGustavo R A Focchi
Department of Pathology, Federal University of São Paulo UNIFESP E P M, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Low Genit Tract Dis 11:98-104. 2007In this study, the authors analyzed the immunoexpression of p16 in high-risk human papillomavirus DNA-negative normal and nonneoplastic cervical epithelia, in low-grade cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN), high-grade CIN, and ..
- Promoter hypermethylation of p16INK4A, p14ARF, CyclinD2 and Slit2 in serum and tumor DNA from breast cancer patientsGayatri Sharma
Department of Biochemistry, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi 110029, India
Life Sci 80:1873-81. 2007..The aim of this study is to determine the correlation between methylation status of multiple cancer genes, p16(INK4A), p14(ARF), Cyclin D2 and Slit2 in invasive ductal carcinoma of the breast and paired serum DNA and ..
- p16INK4A-silencing augments DNA damage-induced apoptosis in cervical cancer cellsW M Lau
Division of Cellular and Molecular Research, National Cancer Centre, Singapore, Singapore
Oncogene 26:6050-60. 2007p16(INK4A) (p16) has been suggested to be an early biomarker for the detection of cervical cancer. However, its functional role in cervical cancer is not well characterized...
- Complex patterns of chromosome 9 alterations including the p16INK4a locus in Wilms tumoursR Natrajan
Paediatric Oncology, Institute of Cancer Research Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Sutton, UK
J Clin Pathol 61:95-102. 2008Previous data implicating genetic and epigenetic events on chromosome 9, including the CDKN2A/2B locus, as molecular predictors of Wilms tumour relapse, have been conflicting.
- Homozygous deletions of the INK4a/ARF locus in renal cell cancerTakashi Kasahara
Division of Molecular Oncology, Niigata University Grauate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Asahimachi 1 757, Niigata, Japan
Anticancer Res 26:4299-305. 2006..P14(ARF) was investigated by focusing on the homozygous deletion (HD) in the INK4a/ARF locus and hypermethylation of the p14(ARF) promoter in renal cell cancer (RCC).
- DNA methylation pathway alterations in an autochthonous murine model of prostate cancerShannon R Morey
Departments of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, NY 14263, USA
Cancer Res 66:11659-67. 2006..Surprisingly, methylation of a downstream exon of p16(INK4a) (p16) was the highest frequency hypermethylation event identified in TRAMP, where it is associated with increased ..
- Carcinogen exposure and epigenetic silencing in bladder cancerCarmen J Marsit
Department of Genetics and Complex Diseases, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1076:810-21. 2006..human bladder cancer (n = 351), the relationship between epigenetic silencing of the tumor-suppressor genes, p16(INK4A), RASSF1A, PRSS3, and the four SFRP genes and exposure to both tobacco and arsenic in bladder cancer...
- Immunohistochemical expression of p16 and p53 in vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia and squamous cell carcinoma of the vulvaMauricio Cordoni Nogueira
Santa Rita Cancer Center, Complexo Hospitalar Santa Casa de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Pathol Oncol Res 12:153-7. 2006This study was undertaken to examine the expression of p16 and p53 in vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia (VIN) and squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the vulva...
- Expression of the cell cycle regulators p53, p21(WAF1/CIP1) and p16(INK4a) in human endometrial adenocarcinomaL G Buchynska
R E Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, Kyiv, Ukraine
Exp Oncol 28:152-5. 2006To study correlation links between expression level of proteins p53, p21(WAF1/CIP), p16(INK4) and proliferative potential in human endometrial adenocarcinoma (EC).
- High-grade ovarian serous carcinoma exhibits significantly higher p16 expression than low-grade serous carcinoma and serous borderline tumourC J O'Neill
Department of Pathology, Royal Group of Hospitals Trust, Grosvenor Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Histopathology 50:773-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to compare expression of p16 INK4A (p16) in these two tumour types...
- Expression of p14ARF, p15INK4b, p16INK4a, and DCR2 increases during prostate cancer progressionZhihong Zhang
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4095, USA
Mod Pathol 19:1339-43. 2006..p14(ARF), p15(INK4b), and p16(INK4a), which are known to regulate G1 cell cycle arrest, and the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily member ..
- Methylation of p16INK4a is a non-rare event in cervical intraepithelial neoplasiaSuki Kang
Department of Pathology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Diagn Mol Pathol 15:74-82. 2006The cell cycle inhibitor, p16INK4a may be a useful surrogate biomarker of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN); however, there is currently no consensus of p16INK4a genetic alterations throughout the multiple step process of CIN...
- Aberrant promoter methylation of multiple genes in malignant ovarian tumors and in ovarian tumors with low malignant potentialAndrew Wiley
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
Cancer 107:299-308. 2006....
- The rat ARF protein is translated from two closely spaced ATG start codons and can transcriptionally activate p53 in the absence of p53 protein stabilizationAbigail E Hunt
UCSF Cancer Research Institute, San Francisco, California 94115, USA
Cell Cycle 5:1324-30. 2006We have analyzed the transcriptional start sites of the rat ARF gene and the amino acid sequence of the rat ARF tumor suppressor protein...
- Immunohistochemical expression of p16(INK4a) is predictive of HR-HPV infection in cervical low-grade lesionsMaria Benevolo
Department of Pathology, Regina Elena Cancer Institute, Rome, Italy
Mod Pathol 19:384-91. 2006The p16(INK4a) is a cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor that decelerates the cell cycle by inactivating the cyclin-dependent kinases involved in the phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein (RB)...
- Role of HSP90, CDC37, and CRM1 as modulators of P16(INK4A) activity in rat liver carcinogenesis and human liver cancerRosa M Pascale
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Division of Experimental Pathology and Oncology, University of Sassari, Italy
Hepatology 42:1310-9. 2005..Upregulation of p16(INK4A), Hsp90, and Cdc37 genes; an increase in Cdc37-Cdk4 complexes; and a decrease in p16(INK4A)-Cdk4 complexes ..
- Molecular analysis of the Ink4a/Rb1-Arf/Tp53 pathways in radon-induced rat lung tumorsKristell Bastide
CEA, DSV, IRCM, SREIT, Laboratoire de Cancerologie Experimentale, BP6, Fontenay aux Roses Cedex F 92265, France
Lung Cancer 63:348-53. 2009..The expressions of p19Arf, Mmd2 and Mdm4 were not deregulated and only 14% of the tumors were mutated for Tp53...
- MARKERS FOR LUNG CARCINOGENESIS IN BRONCHIAL EPITHELIUMSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2001..f., simply markers of exposure) and help identify genetic alterations that are candidate markers of respiratory carcinogenesis. ..
- Gene Methylation and Therapeutic Response in Lung CancerSteven Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..In support of these critical needs, our laboratory has identified two excellent biomarkers, the p16 tumor suppressor gene and the O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) repair gene, whose inactivations ..
- TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENE METHYLATION IN LUNG ADENOCARCINOMASteven A Belinsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 3 will identify factors involved in establishing repressed chromatin around promoter regions for the p16 and death associated protein kinase genes...